Box Reviews & Product Details

Box Overview

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Details
Discussions
Box Community

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Box
$696
@BoxHQ
272 Twitter followers

Box Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Box community
Have you used Box before?

Box Reviews

Showing 1,540 Box reviews
Showing 1,540 reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Box?
UX Designer
What do you like best?

Box is a cloud based file storage and file sharing service. It is available on all platforms including Android and iOS so device availablity is already great with Box. Similar to other file sharing apps Box keeps all the folders and files in sync if any changes were made. The Box desktop app creates a folder in the file explorer. In that folder every file gets automatically backed up. One useful feature of this folder which I really like is that it shows an icon besides the file to show if it's backed up or not. The user interface of the apps are minimalistic & modern and works quietly in the background flawlessly. Sharing with Box is very easy, I can create a link of a file instantly and easily share them. Team mangement and collaboration is very strong in Box. It is very easy to know who has access to the file and I can get their information very quickly. I really like that Box supports various third party software integration, my favourite is adobe creative cloud integration. I can directly share files from creative cloud to Box without any hassle. This is very helpfull for me to directly share designing files to the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pricing of Box is higher when compared to others. Their paid consumer plan is expensive. I also found that when accessing some settings it can be hard sometimes to find them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is good both for consumers and businesses. It has several useful features that just works. But keep in mind that it is a little bit pricey compared to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box has very good security protocols in place. Each files can be secured separately. This solves my security concern about Box. Also on the collaboration side Box is strong and with its support for many third party integration Box can easily improve the workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photo Editor & Design
What do you like best?

Box is a very good cloud storage service and it has some features that is good for easy backing up of files. Box desktop app creates folder in the windows file explorer where I can easily put files and it will automatically back up those. Also in the file explorer Box gives an icon next to the files to indicate which are backed up or not. Syncing is also very good with Box. It quickly syncs with other devices which connected to my Box account. Sharing of important photos is also very easy with Box. With Box I can easily create a sharable link to invite others whether for collaboration or managing tasks. Box very easily integrates with third party software packages like office 365, G suite, Adobe creative cloud. It is good to know that Box offers encryption based security service for securing files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box has different paid plans but when compared to others it can get pricey with respect to the features it gives. Other than that Box is good and easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend Box. It is one of the old cloud storage service available and working well. Definitely use Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall Box is a good cloud storage service. It has good collaboration features and file sharing features. Box has good encrypted security service which is good for my work files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

First of all Box is a cloud storage service. It works well and it is reliable. Plus it has several new and useful features. Box comes in both free and paid accounts. Free account users get 10GB of free cloud storage and after that you have to pay for more storage. Box has web version, desktop app and mobile app which I really like. One feature which I really like is full folder upload. Box supports single, multiple or a whole folder upload formats. Box has its own file manager system. Best feature about Box's file manager is that it shows an icon next to a file whether it is already uploaded or not. In the web version of Box I like that there is a prominent search bar on the top and the whole UI is good with blue accent. One feature I like about Box is that I can assign task to others and tasks can be easily managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When compared to other cloud services Box is a little bit pricey. Also it offers less storage than others. Although Box supports most of the file formats it doesn't support all. Also I have noticed that Box cannot convert one file formats to other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is simple and doesn't require much hassle to sign up. It is almost as good as the others. So I would definitely recommend everyone to use Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box has very good collaboration features which I use often. With Box I can easily send and receive tasks and notifications to the participants. Box is very beneficial for collab and working as a team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor & Creator
What do you like best?

Box is like my next best tool for productivity. It is similar to Google drive which I regularly use but yet different. It has all the features which typical cloud services have mainly storing and sharing. But Box is better, it has participation and collaboration features like creating task for each person and sending them, commenting on a submitted file to give feedback. I like these features of Box as it makes my work of managing team and giving them task easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to pricing I find that Box is little bit pricey as compared to others. And other than price sometimes when I try to share a file the upload speed to the server is slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is definitely recommendable. It is feature rich and easy to use. I would recommend new users to try Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box has plenty of features and I like collaborative features the most as I said above. It certainly makes giving tasks easy to my team members and managing those. I find it definitely problem solving and time saving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

Box the new app I'm using along with other file sharing apps. It does two or more things at once like sharing with links, storing of documents and files. Another neat feature is that I can mention someone about a file and give my comments. I also create my different "collections" inside box for well organizing. I like that I am getting previews of files , it is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that when I click "create document" only file I can create is a text file. So for different files I create them outside Box and then I upload them on Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend new users looking for a different cloud content platform to try Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of using Box is that it is constantly improving and it is becoming better. And I like that it is easy to use, syncs well across my devices. Overall I'm satisfied with Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Engineer
What do you like best?

Box won PC Magazine's Editor's Choice award so I had to try it. Box is the new service I'm using. It is a file-syncing cloud service. Box supports almost all file formats atleast 200+ so it is really impressive. Also I like that all my files are encrypted which is a very good security feature. I can preview many Microsoft office files such as PPT, word, spreadsheets as well as gifs, pictures and videos. I really like the intuitive user interface. So far Box is performing well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box is good but not all is good. If I want to create a office document within Box it doesn't work well and doesn't have the same features as Microsoft office. So I had to create my document in the office app and then I had to upload the file to Box. Search functionality could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box is quick and easy to use. I can upload files rapidly. Another benefit of using Box is that I can add comment to a file as a feedback. These benefits are really helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hardware Engineer
What do you like best?

So few months ago I was surfing play Store and I found Box. I was curious and installed it and started using it. And I actually like it. It has a clean UI and other various collaborative functions like file sharing, file editing etc. I also use Box as a backup client for my phone and PC files. It's a good alternative to Google drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about Box definitely has to be the storage option in free package. I got 10GBs of free cloud storage whereas Google drive gives you 15GBs of free cloud storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To all those who are searching for a Google drive alternative I advise you to try Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My Google drive storage was almost full so I had to find an alternative service to store my files. I'm glad that I found Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer Editor
What do you like best?

I found Box on my play store suggestions and I installed it. I am using it and so far I quite like it. It has some features which others lacks. I like that I can lock the Box app through biometric authentication or pass code. But box also has auto sync, sharing links features which I use for my work. Overall Iso far I like box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box offers only 10GB when signing up. It's should be atleast 15GB but I think 10GB is enough for most office works. Also stability is an issue here. Box app sometimes crashes suddenly and upload speed is slow. I think these should be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really like Box and it has been helping in work every day. Collaboration and project work sharing has been easy with box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Development
What do you like best?

I am glad that Box exists. It's fun to use. It has all the features you would expect like link sharing, backup, syncing, supporting different files. But there are also some useful features like file level security protocols, commenting on a specific file to give feedback. These features are good for work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the UI. While the UI is okay but I think it needs a facelift. Also nowadays dark mode is common in all app but Box doesn't have any dark mode toggle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am recommending everyone to use Box because it's a good platform to share and work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaboration with other participants in a project has become really easy with Box. We can easily share required files with each other and comment on them if we have any feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Monitor
What do you like best?

Recently I used box to backup my files. I use the free storage option which is enough for most people. I like that box supports most of the file formats. Whenever there is a folder to upload I just upload the entire folder. When I want to share a file with my friend, I generate a sharable link and sent it to them. The file cloud preview is very high quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Free storage option only provides 10GB of free cloud storage. I have already filled 50% of the free storage given. If the free storage option provided more storage then it would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box can be used in offline too which is a great feature, solves my internet issues.

The file preview quality of box is very high. And the uploading system is very helpful with a indicator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR / Payroll Administrator
What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy it is to use, the ability to add favorites, and having one place to upload documents that can be accessed by myself or other people that I have chosen to have access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, it can be a little slow to upload documents. Also, I had a little trouble figuring out how to make some folders private and how to allow others access to other folders I created, but nothing I couldn't figure out on my own with a little trial and error. I also sometimes have trouble when it comes to finding documents I am looking for via the search menu, but I suppose this is more of a testament to how much we use this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I honestly don't really have any suggestions. Just don't lose faith if you have a couple encounters where it is slow to upload documents. These happen with all high-volume share sites. If you can't figure out how to do something, keep playing around with it or look it up online. It shouldn't be difficult to either find relevant information or resolve your problem yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has certainly eased my transition to working from home on my personal laptop. As an HR professional who has to allow employees to have access to policies and procedures for the organization, it is nice to be able to upload documents for all to see, as well as upload documents and keep them confidential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Consultant
What do you like best?

I recently started using Box. It is almost good as Google drive. Just like Google drive I can upload folder containing files or just a single file also. The UI is okay not so great. Also many file formats are supported. I like the sharing system also. Just like Google drive I can generate a link of my file to share. It is so far so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of Box is that it only provides 10GB of free storage as compared to Google drive. 10GB is okay for most people but for professionals extra 5 GB is important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of using Box is that I can use Box with my other email clients not just Gmail. It is definitely a plus for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager industrial engineer & production planning & control
What do you like best?

Box personnel account offers you a huge 10 gb storage which is way more then 2 gb storage capacity of Dropbox and same as other cloud storage products. Its android app has a good user interface also with the nice facility of pass code and auto upload option for photos and other files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's paid version gives you only 100 gb capacity for $5/month/user whether other products of same genre gives you much more in comparison to cost like Dropbox & google drive gives 2tb @ $9.99/month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can definitely go for it as it's gives you freehand to many available features like you can import contacts from gmail or outlook and many others. It's have collaboration with many other sites also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box gives you a super facility to creat a file from its website itself which is rarely found in any other cloud storage products like doc, xls etc even you can also convert it from its website also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Unlimited storage for users. Over the last few years I had a few unexpected projects that needed far more storage than we had available locally, and Box absorbed it all. I'm free to encourage users to put as much data as they need to on Box so they can share it with vendors, investors, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The admin tools have developed slowly. I still find it cumbersome to onboard new users, and find that the interface is often fighting me when I'm trying to perform simple tasks. Finding files across the enterprise is tedious, even as Box has tried to implement content management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Primarily it's for sharing files, and as file sizes have ballooned (ex: HD drone footage) the need for Box has only increased. I also appreciate that people are familiar with the Box brand and have never hesitated to collaborate when users send them a sharing link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Honestly I struggle with BOX when you compare it to other tools such as Dropbox. I can't name one thing in BOX I like more than Dropbox. If I didn't have to use it as part of a corporate policy it wouldn't be my top choice. BOX had potential but they haven't made any meaningful changes over the past few years in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To me BOX lacks UX/UI design. I find it clunky and unintuitive at times compared to other products. I find the search functionality to be inconsistent when trying to locate files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't need it as part of an enterprise package with Microsoft or for security measures for ISO I would look to Dropbox first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using it for enterprise level file management. The benefits realized is a cloud based storage system for file management where your team and you can access the files from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

I use Box as a simple storage solution that is an alternative to Google drive or an external hard drive. Having a cloud solution that isn’t slow to load is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unlike Google Drive, Box does bot integrate with other Google applications as seamlessly. However, it is still much better when uploading directly from Mac or PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The individual service is free and the enterprise suite is likely worth the investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefit has been being able to speed up my computer by not storing items I use infrequently. This is especially true of video storage which can bog down my Mac. I also sometimes use Box to share with others, but this does require that they have a Box account which is not a given. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internet Startup Technologist
What do you like best?

Simple interface, easy sending files via email, The system is very fast and has great performance and all files can be downloaded and use offline. Drag and drop capabilities are excellent and can be easily used on iPads and laptops. If you use an iPad, you can split the window and upload the desired files. Tariffs and prices of services are very suitable in relation to the quality of services and speed according to similar companies, and also in the commercial version, you have more possibilities, such as setting a password for the link and creating an expiration date. Totally they have lot of products and solutions for your needs and always add new features and products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile iOS app is not professional and has missed a lot of features in uploading files. Some files are not recognized by the application that can upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly user-friendly system with great features and reasonable prices and constantly updated and added features with great speed and security and a creative team that will not leave you alone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending documents for meeting it's easier and trustee to carry out files via USB flash memories. You can easily trust it to share files in a large team. Great for remote working and online remote work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gaston Barcia
What do you like best?

It works. You can sync your computer in a good way. Box gives you control over your files and shared files. A lot of control. So if you need to know what is going on with the information you share, Box is the best way to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you are using the free version I think you´ll find more usefull DropBox or GDrive. If you are paying, Box is great. I would like to have more options in the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it before using. This is the best way to know it and check apps, so you know if you feel confortable on how it´s using space and bandwidth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for backups and to share files with clients, which I want to know when they download them, and to manage all rights to cancel and start again sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part about box is that It's not from google which is known to be a data stealer. I won't really like if my data is shared with others, to show me the relevant ads. The best feature according to me is the option provided to edit the MS Office files on the go, since I don't have them installed on local laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not so popular, hence a little reliability issue. I don't personally mind trying, but when it comes to sharing with someone, not everyone is interested to use that. a little word of mouth publicity will bring them customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hey you should definitely consider using box, it's safe, secure and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best feature I liked is of auto-sync. I sleep peacefully while I know my data is safe even if my disc crash overnight. I don't see any major problem as such except not having a pdf viewer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Technical Services Specialist
What do you like best?

Box has multiple features,workflow automation is the one I liked the most. Also it has secured file sharing option so that only intended persons can see the document. Also easy inteaction with collaborated documents is the best feature. So we don't need to open doc in another tool to edit or view it. It reduces our efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes more time to preview a document even if we have good internet connectivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for easy team collaboration tool having great features, then you should give it a try. You may love the new way to share larfe files on box as sending large files using company's mailbox takes much more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically we have multiple folders to organize our project documentation. Each folder has separate file sharing permissions setup for different users. We control who should edit, modify and view documents. Also we have quick global link to share common information about project to our stakeholders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Manager
What do you like best?

Box is super helpful for our organization - it's compliant with all relevant privacy regulations and allows us to share files using links instead of attachments in email. This is important to us for version control and making sure everyone is on the same page. What I really like best about Box is the Windows integration - as long as I'm connected to the internet, I can use Box's directory just as if it was on my computer. This makes it very useful to work on things at home, then take them with me when I travel. I can access the same files on my laptop without having to email them to myself, and Box makes it seamless with Windows. Coworkers can leave comments on documents and they're easy to find. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Using the Box interface through the web browser can feel confusing and a little slow. Even though there's a lot of functionality, the UI could use a little work and feels a tad cluttered. It's difficult to navigate sometimes and even though the integrations with web apps to modify documents in the browser are nice, I find myself rarely using them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company works with sensitive information, and having a secure solution like Box makes it easy to collaborate both internally and externally. Instead of having different versions of proposals and other documents floating around via email, we can ensure that everyone is working off the correct copy by making Box be the source of truth. It's a great system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Box allows you to have a lot of files that are secure and you can set the privacy of the information and use the information for different analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to download an online editor for files or you have to download them and reupload the files. It takes some extra steps, but if this is what is necessary to keep information secure I understand it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In Box we keep client information that cannot be widely shared or accessed. I like that we have a secure login that verifies the people trying to access the documents as well as the fact that you can have a lot of different types of data uploaded, such as word files, excel files, audio files, and jpeg files and they all seem to not be distorted and easy to download again if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.