Box Reviews & Product Details

Box Overview

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Details
Discussions
Box Community

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Box
$696
@BoxHQ
272 Twitter followers

Box Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Box community
Have you used Box before?

Box Reviews

Showing 2,445 Box reviews
Showing 2,445 reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Box?
Property Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Box is in every way an easy-to-use tool, it provides quick access from wherever you want to enter. I can make sure that in Box all my files will be safe, whatever, projects, business plans, work planning and progress reports, in various formats it can be audio or video. When I share documents in the cloud it's possible to manage the permissions and thus make sure who will be able to see or not cerain files. Provides the ability to filter and categorize all files, in this way it is possible to perform a more precise search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have evaluated other similar tools and actually Box is much more expensive than other tools that offer the same function and the same space for less price, I have been using Box for a long time and it has never failed at anything, it has always been reliable and with ample storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need storage space and manage documents correctly, Box is the right tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We know and we are aware that our works is much better with the help of Box, having all ouf files in a single tool and being able to manage and share them from there makes everything much easier. In addition, its space is really wide and we have never, had to worry about not having enough memory. Managing data and documents from Box streamlines work, we optimize various labor procedures thanks to its practicality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It is my main tool to share with coworkers all my non-office related files, one thing that saves me a lot of time is that it's easy to add members to one technology stripe as an owner of a folder and members of another technology stripe as the owner of another folder so each knows what they are responsible for and they can still see all the project and collaborate together as needed, it is pretty self-explanatory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Syncing is ok most of the time, I really like the feature to turn it on and off but it is annoying that sometimes it is needed as a "sync now" button if you press it twice, otherwise, it is possible that I have an old version of the document in my local machine. It would be really nice if it could let you choose a sync interval Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is simple and easy to use as a shared folder and the web version allows to add users and permissions really easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Syncing files that need to be shared across teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist - Machine Learning Engineer
What do you like best?

* One-stop solution for having multiple point of contact applications for your daily use.

* It is a floating hard-drive that's connected to all your devices.

* Its native support to Google applications and Office 365.

* Healthy mix of strong app integrations.

* The note-taking app and the built-in task manager is a super benefit.

* Security and safety are top-notch.

* Box for business accounts is a separate entity that can leverage a host of well-tuned specific applications under its own umbrella. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* It is a bit costly and expensive.

* Paid feature of private key management is a real bummer.

* The storage capacity for the other paid account is really low.

* Sometimes too much is too messy too. Desktop app options are numerous and unclear.

* When compared to other cloud options, DropBox and Sugarsync, offer 20 times as much storage.

* Pricing and plans need to be better managed to gain user base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* My online classes need me to have all my documents ready and easily upgraded or downloaded by other shared party users. The documents can be on box and the other shared user just has to use the credentials and finish up the work.

* File previewing, editing file, Google docs, Mobile Apps.

* Python libraries integrated allows easy code updates and code runs.

* Zoom feature allows user connectivity for doubts sessions and online classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Engineer
What do you like best?

I use box for all my things which I have to access anywhere. The best part of the box is that it is really very accessible and has all the tools for almost all types of files which one generally use in every day purposes. Also we can edit files on the go with its online document editing tools. Also I can have multiple editors, reviewers, and owners for the documents. Moreover, i can also have the the preview option disabled if I don't want people to see the other people files.

I use google drive for my personal work of cloud but Box is different in its own way. It let me collaborate with other people and get their feedback on the files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The things i dislike about box is finding files in it is really a mammoth task. Sometimes I get confused and cannot find the file which i need at a particular time. The other thing i dislike is pricing, it is expensive than its competitors and more than often the uploading speed of files is really low so it becomes frustating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company uses it for all the document sharing, and file editing purposes. Also it solves the problem of syncing files on different devices and it can be used on mobile devices also so it solves a huge problem in my team where some members generally collaborate using their iphones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Missionary/Evangelist
What do you like best?

It is my primary apparatus to impart to colleagues all my non-office related records, one thing that saves me a ton of time is that it's not difficult to add individuals to one innovation stripe as a proprietor of an envelope and individuals from another innovation stripe as the proprietor of another organizer so each understands what they are answerable for and they can in any case see all the project and team up depending on the situation, it is really simple Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Synchronizing is alright more often than not, I truly like the element to turn it on and off however it is irritating that occasionally it is required as a "sync now" button in the event that you press it twice, else, it is conceivable that I have an old rendition of the report in my nearby machine. It would be truly pleasant in the event that it could allow you to pick a sync span Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My Google drive stockpiling was practically full so I needed to locate an elective assistance to store my documents. I'm happy that I discovered Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It's easy to use with a simple interface in which I can store all my files and be able to find them later no matter how old they are. Search function works great. I also like that there's unlimited storage so I don't have to worry about saving storage or having to delete files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I dislike anything as this is a really simple software that does what it has to do: secure my data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Box I am able to share my files through Slack and easily do any backups through the desktop app. I think that it has worked as a method to make my communication easier by being able to access and share data anytime. I am also happy with the Box sync feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data scientist
What do you like best?

In box many features are likeable such as , the file upload and download features is very smooth and faster then others.

The document opening capability as well as view section is really remarkable and it gives us the flexibility towards faster view of files without actually opening it .

The features of opening Microsoft office files online is very good as it allows to update it on the fly without downloading it and which reduce time and effort as well as a problem of multiple download and then upload .

Version controlling notation are another likeable features where we can see how many times the file is being updated .

And over all its in cloud so can be accessable from any location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Till now I haven't found anything which makes me dislike any portion in box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes we strongly recommend box to use of you have either large number of team. Or small . It really helps in multiple ways. You will never regret it . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using box extensively for our project documentation storage and easy access for all our teammates . Box really allows an access facilities by which we can allow one in terms of accessibility of the files as ,owners ,coowners etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Digital Product Director
What do you like best?

This is the most authentic tool for managing cloud content. The best thing is that it let us access numerous Box files on Desktop. In this way much of the valuable space on hard drive remains save. Another best thing is that any folder or file can be easily shared within seconds. I strongly appreciate its offline support. It is the best ever tool that serves all the sharing purposes. It works perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite expensive. As far as it is paid storage is concerned, windows application is not easy to use. I think it needs some improvements. I love its all features and functionalities. In all means, it is doing a great job indeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the highly suggested advanced and modern platform for managing contents effectively. It comprises of best collaboration as well as sharing capabilities. It is strongly recommended tool because it is quite cheaper than Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It introduces us superb ways of syncing computer in a very amazing way. It gives us a sufficient control on our files and shared files as well. It is more advanced than Dropbox and it gives better performance. It creates a very peaceful and comfortable environment for using large sized files and sharing with other members of groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We've used Box for roughly 10 years in our business and have found it to be 100% reliable and stable, fairly priced and easy to use. We like the flexibility and control over our documents it gives us as well as the easy access to documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything we dislike. The only thing I can come up with is sometimes I find Dropbox is more integrated with other software and products than Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Box for short and long term electronic storage of documents as well as sharing of documents. Since using Box we have eliminated all paper files. In addition, we have solved the problem of making documents available to people without losing "control". Using the features Box offers we can allow people to view files without logging in but not download, or download and view, or require them to log in to do anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can be working on MS Word rather than a google doc and it still saves automatically to the cloud. Additionally, Box's notification feature is very convenient while working on team projects and lets team members keep track of each other's edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when a bunch of team members are working on the same word doc online via box, documents sometimes get frozen and we lose progress if we refresh the page. Also, the page break feature is a bit all over the place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized it is very convenient for big group projects that require lots of document sharing with others. Box has allowed me and my teammates to upload, update, and create docs, powerpoints, and excel sheets together for online presentations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Firm Operations
What do you like best?

We use Box in every department of my organization to keep all our files safe, organized and accessible from anywhere. I love the ease with which I can store, share and access files from any computer thanks to the easy and efficient synchronization of all files between the cloud and Internet-connected devices allowed by Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Regarding the navigability within Box there are several things that could be improved and the functions in the document editors could be added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is useful for sharing files and information for any type of company or organization, especially those that operate in various branches to work in an organized way and keep work teams synchronized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box has helped us to make the exchange of information more viable in our organization. Box provides me with a platform with everything I need to upload, share and organize files/information that my colleagues and I can access simultaneously no matter where we are, it has been useful for us to collaborate as a team, especially in the development of tasks and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Box keeps all my files and folders in the cloud so I can access and share them with ease, on any device.

I feel that all files are at my fingertips.

It helps me in accessing all my Box files on desktop. This saves valuable hard drive space and stream content when I need it.

It allows using my favorite applications to create and edit content. All the changes will automatically upload to Box file is saved.

Any file or folder can be shared in seconds. Anything shared with you automatically appears in your Box folder.

Search bar is fast way to access the box. No need to browse. cntl + option + command + space opens up the box search.

It provides offline support as well.

Contents can be synced only by right click. Local changes are synced automatically to cloud.

Box supports every type of file.

Content can be downloaded, and can be accessed/edited while offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I feel that there is a lag in syncing the contents on my device with contents on the cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is the best cloud content management software.

Box supports every type of file.

Organizing the files and folders on my local machine consumes valuable space. Box has solved this problem by storing files in cloud.

EH
What do you like best?

Box allows us to seamlessly collaborate with all our teammates, customers, partners and vendors and gets everyone on the same page .It provides one place to work together easily. Box lets us automate the repeatable workflows and makes it simple for end users. Box protects our sensitive files by allowing us to tweak security controls Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box can be slow when uploading very compressed large files. It's not always easy to edit a pdf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I consider Box to be the industry leader in the online drive and collaboration space. It's simple to use and secure. It provides employees the tools they need to collaborate within teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talix has a myriad of applications and app integration is very important for IT. Box allows us to centralize our content and improves employee efficiency and speed while working on content by helping connect the dots. Compartmentalization of data by role based restrictions makes data privacy a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We use Box as a secure file transfer and repository tool with our customers. It's so easy and reliable. I can control access as needed around confidential documents.

I also like that Box is able to identify when a new version of the same document has been uploaded...it doesn't create a new copy unnecessarily, it upversions the document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Box had a notification feature where I would be alerted when someone uploads file(s) into my folder.

Unless users tell me, I cannot tell when a new version has been uploaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Box to store and share confidential files between us and our customers.

It's easy to use and we can manage access very easily. We use google drive to collaborate internally, but found it not as user friendly for external collaboration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I like the most about Box is, its Content management functionality and file sharing. apart from this, I use the Box to sharing files withing team as and when needed and do give access and revoke as per the need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not find anything in box to share that i really dont like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is solving a lot of problem at organisation level includes, sharing files to teams and giving its access and revoking it as per the requirement. Also to manage the project documents at team level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Development Technical Team Lead
What do you like best?

Box is the safe and secure platform for keeping all of my files and folders save. I love its quick accessibility from anywhere around the world. The search bar gives quick result. It supports almost every type of file. It is incredibly easy to download any content that can be easily accessed and edited anytime offline. Managing cloud content become really easy with Box. Accessing numerous files becomes very easy with Box. It further keeps space on hard drive save. It gives much support offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For paid storage its window application is quite difficult to use. The only least thing is that it is quite expensive. Almost all of its features and functionalities are prove to be useful and helpful. I haven’t seen any major drawback that I have to mention here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say this is the latest tool and it is equipped with all advanced and powerful features in order to manage contents in best possible manner. This the most collaborative tool and it consists of incomparable sharing features. I suggest you to use prefer this over Dropbox. It will give you more satisfactory results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is truly use for backups. Moreover it is rightly used for sharing files with clients. I love the stability of this tool. This is the safe and secure backup tool. It works smoothly for running all workflows and managing all the contents. With the invention of this professional files can be easily shared with team members. The thing which made me huge fan is that it let us share files and folders within seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gusto Partner Advisory Council (GPAC) Member
What do you like best?

Easily create "trees" of files with main folders and subfolders. Varying levels of access allow you to add in various users who may just be uploading, viewing, or in complete control of the documents. Can grant access to a parent folder and all folders within, or a single sub-folder. Easily share secure links with the knowledge that only the right users will access the information. Favorite folders for quicker access. Easily searchable within all of Box or specific folders. Customizable branding colors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about Box. The search works great, logging in and adding users is easy. Makes document management painless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure file sharing that our clients can trust and can be shared between team members. Can upload small files or long videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Analyst
What do you like best?

I have used Box for more than 2 years to manage my files. It is a great tool that allows you to share files and manage them with ease. I like Box because it has a simple and user-friendly interface which makes it easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box is a great software for file management. I have nothing to dislike about it since it meets all my daily needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is a solid software for file management. I recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box allows me to access my files from anywhere and share them. It has a responsive customer support team that responds quickly and faster. With Box, you don't need to worry about losing your files since it provides top security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.