UserZoom

3.5

UserZoom is a software that enable Businesses to cost-effectively plan, research, design, and measure Customer Experience and User Experience to empowers CX, UX and Marketing Professionals to cost-effectively manage and conduct sophisticated online research projects.

Work for UserZoom?

Learning about UserZoom?

UserZoom Reviews

Ask UserZoom a Question
Showing 13 UserZoom reviews
UserZoom review by Mari F.
Mari F.

"Flexible if pricy tool for unmoderated studies. "

What do you like best?

The best thing about UserZoom is the flexibility. You can use paths and logic to give people radically different experiences depending on how they answer questions and that's really cool. It does what it says its ill do, providing a guided-as-necessary unmoderated experience which saves time and money. It's also fairly brand able, which is nice. They're also evolving in a rapid and thoughtful way -- I like their roadmap.

What do you dislike?

There's some amount of rigidity in weird places that requires customer service intervention. For instance certain screens or phrasing around the on boarding process. It feels a tad invasive, which can make it hard to get my customers to do what I ask them to do. These are pretty minor though, it's a good tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UserZoom is strongest if you want to test websites with their users. They do fine however if you want to test with your users. We have used it for testing things that require full desktop recording but our security-minded users aren't into it. In our case we don't use it enough because we didn't build enough of a practice around it, but that's not the tools fault.

UserZoom allows us to not need a researcher to do research. This means we can run more research more often. We use it for a b2b Enterprise software product, but I think it is best used for a b2c experience where there's a lower trust barrier. That said, it really does solve the problem and we've just renewed it for a second year. I think it would be even better if I could take advantage of their participant sourcing, but I cannot.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about UserZoom
UserZoom review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"UZ easy to use but cost money"

What do you like best?

The report that generates after completion of the task gives success rate and failure rate this helps us understand the participants better.UX is a growth industry and UserZoom is well placed to capitalize on UX growth. Interspersed with survey questions. Some validation features for things like click paths. Very easy to set up panel redirects.

What do you dislike?

It could improve on displaying the results after the test better or edit it better. There are some things you just can't do with the tools provided for creating sections of surveys and randomization. I can't recall off the top of my head what the issue was, but we were trying to show certain sections of a survey in a randomized order and it wasn't possible to do it at the level we wanted. Basic randomization of sections was supported.

When comparing usability issues on multiple variations or measuring things that don't work well with small samples (e.g. preference, emotion), you can quickly deploy large sample panels against the assets.

What User Research solution do you use?

UserZoom review by User in Internet

"Solid product- great for startups"

What do you like best?

This product is really easy to use and is fairly affordable, as well. Good for grad classrooms, students, and startups. It's also an incredible timesaver-- definitely recommend for when you need a quick turnaround. It's even easy enough for non-researchers to use!

What do you dislike?

UserZoom isn't as robust as some similar products on the market, but regardless, it's a solid product that everyone can use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend looking into UserZoom if you notice that you need quick turnaround on projects fairly often, or if you keep getting requests for research on smaller items (i.e. something that doesn't really need a fully fleshed, in-person test). It's also good to consider if you have a small research team that is swamped, and you think your designers and PMs can effectively write tasks/questions for remote testing.

I've used UserZoom in the past if I've needed to turn around a project more quickly than normal and if I've needed a larger number of users than I would otherwise qualitatively test. The major benefit is that it really does increase productivity and lessens turnaround time. It's also an easy enough product to use that non-researchers can easily utilize it and run their own tests, if need be.

UserZoom review by Agency
Agency

"UserZoom is a great user testing tool that helps me streamline quantitative results"

What do you like best?

I really love how UserZoom is organized in presenting quantitative user testing measures such as time on task, success/fail rate, etc.

What do you dislike?

I feel like other tools have better video manipulation tools for scrubbing through past user videos, saving certain highlight clips, and compiling them into a presentation video. This is something that is super important to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a very good tool for user researchers or even folks outside of the typical realm of UX such a product managers and developers that want to perform a bit of user testing themselves. It is easy enough to learn, has a great ability to focus on quantitative measures such as time on task and success/fail rate, and also summarizes this information for you quite nicely. The only drawback that I would mention is that it doesn't do as much as some other tools in the way of producing supporting video clips in an easy way to present to other stakeholders.

Ultimately what I am looking to do is prove whether certain design decisions are successful or not by testing them with actual users. This helps us iteratively improve our products in a safe, prototypal environment.

UserZoom review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Great tool, but they've gotten greedy with the new license tiers"

What do you like best?

You can set up highly scripted and controlled sessions for large samples against live, prototypes, etc. Interspersed with survey questions. Some validation features for things like click paths. Very easy to set up panel redirects.

What do you dislike?

They separated the features to the point that the basic license isn't of much use if you do serious, rigorous research. Some really basic research fundamentals (e.g. randomization, block/routing logic) are now only in the 'advanced' tier license. And it. is. not. cheap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop the trend to try and be everything in one tool. It just never works and I want a few smaller, more nimble tools that I can piece together as I like.

UserZoom review by User

"Great way for quick research "

What do you like best?

A great to way to test your research quickly and efficiently with limited resources. Easy to get testers to participate at their convenience, no need to travel far

What do you dislike?

hard to monitor real in person reactions and accuracy of tests. It's great to export results to Microsoft office, would be convenient if can export to google sheets, doc, and slides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use, a great way to easily test new features fast and efficient. Watch a few videos online to help understand the features and benefits as well as tips/tricks

testing new functions of an new app feature, easy to scale testing as well as easy to test in an efficient way. Great to get replays and see how users function in their natural environment without monitors

UserZoom review by abhay S.
abhay S.

"get real time feedback and know your app from customer eye"

What do you like best?

It gives real time video recording of user using your products and it has made very easy collection data and you can do analysis of data using different heat map.

What do you dislike?

it does not fit to scale when you have huge number of features and across different part of the world means you have variety numbers of audience.

It helps me to know my customer real time and use this as feedback and address their issue in real time.

UserZoom review by Amber W.
Amber W.

"So Easy"

What do you like best?

I love this site but it is not my favotrite. the thing that makes this site better than mostt is the amount they pay. they will ;pay on average 10 to 15 per test

What do you dislike?

the amount of thime that yuou waiit to get paid is kind of ridiculas.. they make you wait uyntil the 25th of every month

Recommendations to others considering the product

its worth ithe time

gfinding bugs and glitches

UserZoom review by User

"Best to see UX data"

What do you like best?

Although not perfect from what I can tell, UserZoom captures the majority of clicks and URL values when survey takers have installed the UserZoom browser extension.

What do you dislike?

There is some limitations with what you can do... mainly because the study programming follows a linear model, and although there's logic that you can manipulate, I found some limitations (but never enough to cancel my study or look for an alternate due to methodology issues).

Farily robust means of tracking and recording data. I also relied heavily on the excel spreadsheet of all the raw data, which you can have UZ customize for you to get what you need.

UserZoom review by User in Computer Software

"One of the best UX research tools"

What do you like best?

Our team had a trial run of the product and we have been very impressed by the ease of setting up studies and the various dimensions across which we can slice and dice the collected data. The collected data and insights definitely gives your product an edge.

What do you dislike?

Since we are running studies the end to end data collection time is a bit high. An innovation on how to collect the data faster would be nicer.

UI research. A/B testing between different UI to decide what product to launch.

UserZoom review by User in Information Technology and Services

"UserZoom For All"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

There is some a long learning curve, but once you figure out its a pretty great tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it. Learning can be tough, but when you figure it all out, its a very great tool

Click Testing

UserZoom review by User in Computer Software

"User Zoom Makes Surveys Fun"

What do you like best?

I like that it's fun to do surveys. I like that it is easy to use. I like that it collects data.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to download a plugin.

It makes it easy to to do surveys.

UserZoom review by User in Internet

"UZ review"

What do you like best?

A useful tool for at-scale, remote studies. Especially useful for benchmarking desktop experiences.

What do you dislike?

UI is a bit clunky; it's not best in class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep using it to keep it improving.

Benchmark needs.

Learning about UserZoom?

* We monitor all UserZoom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.