Zendesk Sell

Zendesk Sell (formerly Base) is sales force automation software to enhance productivity, processes, and pipeline visibility for sales teams

Work for Zendesk Sell?

Learning about Zendesk Sell?

Zendesk Sell Reviews

Ask Zendesk Sell a Question
Showing 359 Zendesk Sell reviews
Chirag Patel Deliver R.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Zendesk Sell
alex h.

What CRM solution do you use?

Samir A.
Kevin P.

"Well-done CRM"

What do you like best?

Sell is powerful AND simple. It integrates with all the other Zendesk suite items, so it provides a wonderful omnichannel approach to "success" (selling, content, support).

What do you dislike?

While it's very powerful and flexible, it does have some minor limitations with some of the Note fields and some of the more nit-picky, advanced customizations. However, it's not a limiter and is only FYI for those thinking they'll be able to customize layouts, or do custom branding, or stuff like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wonderful tool. Don't waste time with Salesforce or Dynamics. Both are clunky old systems and Sell is elegant, clean, and malleable. Anybody with some basic tech experience can configure Sell. They have import templates for just about every CRM if yo're looking to move.

We have integrated Sell with Project Insight to bridge the gap between creating orders and using that sales order to schedule/start work. This is a MASSIVE time saver and efficiency boost to our organization.

Shannon T. F.

"The most complete system that I could use in my business."

What do you like best?

I like the way this system manages to maintain my sales team, focused and focused on the objectives no matter how difficult a client or product may be, this system allows me to automate several processes, and the way it keeps me informed. The tools that this platform brings, is undoubtedly a plus that gives to all my teams since with it, we can control all the sales that the business makes.

With this system I have been able to track the behavior of the clients with the product easily and automatically, allowing me to link all the emails with the users. There are so many things that I like about Zendesk that if I start to list them I would not finish writing, but thanks to this system my business has reported year after year a sustained success growth, which I did not achieve in the past with other systems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you get errors in the system, or that some of the functions fail to update in time, causing a few problems in the process. However, this has been reported to the technical support team and they assured me that they are working on it, in order to optimize work times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Without a doubt and with all the honesty that characterizes me, I recommend this system, since for my company it has become a very important factor.

It is of great benefit for the company to have the ability to be able to continuously monitor all potential and recurring clients, it also gives us all the tools in order to keep us organized.

For us it is vital to manage a transparent workflow, and thanks to this software we have been able to achieve it, since it allows us to have very productive interactions with our customers and see how the whole team works as a single man in the sales processes is something that has no price.

Russell A.

"The number 1 tool for starting a business"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is fantastic. I was up and running in no time at all and have even customised a lot of fields to fit with my business needs. I couldn't run my business as efficiently as I do without this tool.

What do you dislike?

Only dislike is that there used to be a Linkedin clipper app to add contacts. I used it heavily and now its gone because Linkedin updated their platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MAke sure you use it as much as it should be used. If you enter the data Sell will make your life so much easier.

Keeping track of hundreds of conversations with clients is crucial. I use the reminders to help me plan my day. The system literally tells me who I need to contact and when. That keeps me focused on growing my relationships and has led to a successful business.

Leeanna S.

"Great working tools for all of the team."

What do you like best?

I can easily keep our sales team focused on the highest value leads and deals across automated account rules informed by full-funnel analytics. I like that platform and everything that comes with it.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I can't say that I don't like that platform. I know that it is very useful tools in our company. All of the kind of resource is working well and doesn't consist any errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this software will for sure increase your sales group's processes, performance. Always will provide the foundation for control relationships and delivering clients happiness. Wonderful tracking system. I guess it is a powerful help for everyone.

We can faster to develop our sales process with Base insights that are simply available to all stage of the organization. All our base integrates with our site and a host of trade automation tools to instantaneously deliver leads to the sales group, while tracking informs prioritization so reps can distribute time effectively.

Tom C.

"More features at the same cost you are paying for now"

What do you like best?

We tried three other small/medium-business CRM programs but the cost was too high or the features were lacking. Zendesk Sell offers everything a sale team would need and it integrates into their fantastic support tools with little to no effort on your part.

What do you dislike?

Lack of funnel reporting with entry level plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out with the integrations. If you are going to do a trial then you should try out all of the features. We didn't use the mobile application or mail integration until after the pilot period but they make your data entry a simple painless process.

Customer relationship management. No more looking through your email to find important information and the team is able to communicate non-verbally reducing the number of meetings required to pass information.

Sam J.

"Intuitive and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Base allows for any permutation filtering options for any of your leads in your system. It's incredibly easy to pull a list of whatever data set you need to help see where leads are in the pipeline.

What do you dislike?

Deals and contacts are quite separate outside of sharing a connection. It makes pulling contact information based on where their deal is in your pipeline a bit of a hassle, but easily traversed with a couple vlookups. Additionally, it would be wonderful to export Smart Lists with First and Last name separated out!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your custom fields, sources, statuses, etc., are all clean and solidified when you start using the product. While it is easy to batch update things, it is a tedious process. That being said, the support team is always willing to help problem solve and make sure the product works how you need it to work. They are absolutely wonderful!

Pipeline management and lead management. Before Base it was difficult to keep track of a snapshot of your current pipeline, and Base makes that not only easy to find, but visually easy to digest as well.

Alexandria M.

"Great Sales Management Tool"

What do you like best?

We love the app and ease of use of the product as a whole. We are getting more into using call outcomes and visits, which have been incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

The reportability is very robust but I think we sometimes have trouble deciphering the data to determine what is actually meaningful. I wish there were breakdowns or quick explanations for those.

We have customized each stage of the pipeline to require different data. Because of the customizations, we are now able to capture more data about deals and do so consistently. We are also seeing a lot of benefits from using tags consistently that help us track who we're doing business with and the value of certain lines of business compared to others.

Hank S.

"Wonderful system for everyone. Easy to use it. "

What do you like best?

With this platform, I can use all tools which will help me and my team to control sales our business. We have everything you need to succeed. I contact across smart tools for emailing, calling and much more.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of bad issues but I would like to have all my working process more organized. All of the rest of this program works right and suitable for all of us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I guess it is very wonderful software with a great opportunity for business. Here you will found everything for marketing goals. Also, you will be more close to your clients and you will see how fast you can create a productive steps ao sale.

The better way to provide a good way of sale. Also day by day we are working with a powerful controlling system which really helps with the trade. We are care about clearance at our work which will give the opportunity for our a customer to get what they need.

"The Most Awesomest CRM"

What do you like best?

-Beautiful interface

-Highly customizable in a way to suit your needs (I have Zendesk Sell for 2 separate businesses)

-very extensive reporting, I can easily keep track of progress, talk time, call outcomes and much more to see how much employees are doing

-integrates great with outside calenders and MailChimp

-the call quality is SUPERB compared to other CRMs I have tried in the past.

-the app is flawless... I absolutely love the app. I can't tell you how many times my outbound team has assigned a deal to me, and I've been able to read the notes on the calls on the go and close sales right from the phone (1 time I did this from the gym, yes, seriously)

-excellent customer support, I've had to reach out to them a few times regarding obstacles I've run into and they have always helped out within a reasonable amount of time and solved my problem

What do you dislike?

-It can be a little pricey and on the high side, But again, you get what you pay for.

-did I mention it's kind of on the expensive side?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try out the 14-day trial. The CRM itself is a no brainer.

-I have 2 separate businesses that I used Zendesk Sell for, both of which I have multiple Outbound Sales Reps on who make calls for me and set appointments.

-Zendesk just works. It doesn't give you headaches, it doesn't drop the calls, you never hear a customer say "Can you say that again, you were breaking up."

Carolina E.

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

I can have several contacts in the same company and have them related to another deals.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is too slow when i need to have more than one opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

* When creating employees from an opportunity, also indicate the Level of responsibility and Areas of responsibility / work as well as Name, Last Name, Work Number, Position and Email Address.

* Being able to indicate with a click from a company or even from an opportunity that the e-mail has been sent.

* When selecting in the drop-down phase of the opportunity (from the opportunity): Lost, being able to indicate: "Reasons for the loss", "Closing information" and e-mail sent.

* In create task; that the calendar is not monthly, that you can see more continuity and not have to click the date to see the next month.

* When we receive an incoming call that appears the contact and / or the company or opportunity to which it belongs.

* That in Calendar you can search / filter

* That you can choose the information you want to see on the left at each opportunity through some type of drop-down (choose to see sector, name of ERP, web, billing, or what is needed for each campaign)

* Be able to change ownership of a large number of tasks together

* That in all the companies of the same group appear all the contacts related and created in each of the companies of the group (it must appear in each contact to which company of the group is related)

* That in all the companies of the same group the current visible opportunities appear (this way it can be detected if they can be duplicated)

Managing several deals with base, being sometimes related between each other.

Wayne P.

"A flexible CRM that can grow with you and adapt to your needs"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how well Base adapts to different uses and how easy it is to get useful insights from our data. They are a very focused company that has always taken care of us.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things to dislike. There are always more things I'd like it to do, but that list has gotten smaller over time and I'm confident that will continue. That's all I could reasonably ask!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The setup process is simple and quick. It's worth seeing if Base will work for you and if you think it won't, it's likely worth reaching out to Base support to see if there is something you're missing. They are very helpful and try really hard to get your issues resolved.

We use Base to track customer interactions and manage/facilitate follow up to close more deals. It's been great on the sales side as a useful tool, and it's been great on the management side for the analytics.

Natalie W.

"Excellent CRM and Sales tool!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk has made it so easy to use and allows me to cater to my business specifically. I have been able to track communication between leads and customers easily and automatically with the ability to link emails to users. IT has worked for us for over 3 years from the very beginning start u ages till now -it's grown with our business smoothly and successfully

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the top right search bar has a dropdown smart search not in chronological or any known order. Overall the search bar is not perfectly functioning which can be somewhat frustrating.

CRM and communication with customers and businesses among all members of our company.

Mitch L.

"Very clean and easy-to-use platform for sales teams"

What do you like best?

This CRM has mostly everything I need, with the exception of a few features. Emailing within Base, tracking emails, leaving notes, setting appointments, importing and exporting are all key features that are easy to learn, use, and teach to new sales staff. I have used products in the past including pipe drive and hub spot CRM, and Base has so far been my favorite. I really like the new look and feel that they recently rolled out, and it has made sales management even easier than it was before. Very happy with most all the features.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was the ability to tag people in deals. When working collaboratively with another member of the sales staff, it would be nice to have the ability to tag them inside the deal to draw their attention to something or remind them of a task without having to utilize our external team communication platform. This is a constantly recurring review on feedback boards, but Base support refuses to change it after years of requests for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely the best CRM I've used.

Streamlined sales coordination. I like having one place for all my leads, contacts, and deals and the ability to convert them when they are ready. We are able to very easily pull up reports and filter them according to time line, sales person, date range, etc. and see in depth reports. We like being able to measure our success and make changes and learn from our mistakes as well.

Deanna P.

"Increased communication and transparency, plus decreased manual work!"

What do you like best?

When we went through our vetting process for finding our next CRM/Sales system we had a long list of things that we needed to see to be bought into the program. That included a clear way to get sales conversations to the sales team, ability to create targeted lists for sales efforts, transparency for anyone on the team to review a client or deal and know what is happening, clear vision of the current and future sales pipeline, ease of use for the sales team to cut out manual entry of information, clean hand off once a deal is won and needs to move to the next process and easy-to-pull reports to review different KPI's that are important to our team. When we went through the demos with Zendesk Sell they were able to clearly show case all of our needs and how certain integrations with systems that we currently had in place were already set-up and ready to go. While our team thought we'd never find a system that would be able to effectively check off all of our needs, Zendesk Sell actually did just that.

What do you dislike?

The hardest adjustment for us has been the change of mindset from Leads to Deals. It's hard for us to manage Leads in one area and Deals in another while our past thinking had always been in the same area. We have two areas to manage now when looking at our sales conversations instead of just one area, but that is something we're learning to manage more effectively with tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be very upfront with what your sales process is so they can show you how their system will fit that and support it. Make sure you are open to understanding certain reasons they set-up the system the way they did as it might help improve your current sales process. Really work through your firms needs for the system and what you're looking for. Be upfront with Zendesk Sell so they can let you know if they can accomplish those needs or not.

Similar to what I outlined in what we like best, Zendesk Sell has allowed us to find a system that everyone on our team can easily access and buy into. It has decreased the amount of manual work that the sales team has to do for each deal and has increased our ability to really see all the conversations that are happening throughout our organization with our clients and prospects. Our deals are being moved forward much quicker and we have an accurate picture of the current and future sales pipeline for each of our services which helps us to focus our prospecting.

Mary B.

"Base has saved our company so much time!"

What do you like best?

Base has made it easy for our sales team to streamline communication with our target audience and to effectively organize them in stages, saving us a lot of time with our clients. The ease of calling, texting, emailing, and updating notes from one "contact page" has truly revolutionized our process so that if used effectively, we can map out where each client is at each step of the process. As a manager, I have had an easy time viewing my team's progress and tracking our deliverables.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are functions that don't update quickly or efficiently and cause hiccups in our process. One example is that I will oftentimes need to refresh the page once or twice before I am able to send a certain message.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As at least a starting point, Base will prove an effective ally in sales and working with specific clientele.

Base has allowed more fluidity into our workday and it saves our team a lot of time. Enabling us to save specific templates, create call lists, and email specific groups allows us to devote more of our time to the actual conversation with the client, and creates a more authentic partnership between us and them.

Nora H.

"We use BASE to manage all contacts, prospects and clients"

What do you like best?

I like the up to the minute updates across our organization (we have 3 offices/cities), the format/interface, being able to customize fields, great customer service, regular updates and improvements to the interface/service showing that BASE is forward thinking.

What do you dislike?

There is some functionality (or lack of) we find frustrating. The top 3 are not being able to import information based to a contact's unique ID number, the inability to mass update contacts additional fields (like you can mass update tags) and the integration with Mailchimp being very limited (can't remove a contact from MailChimp without unsubscribing, can't see any email sends or stats).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your entire team is using it and that email is synced from the start

Having a transparent work flow, especially when it comes to sales, allows us to have productive and positive interactions with our clients and to work well as a team in that people can jump into a sales process and see what has been done/said in the past, we can easily transition when employees join/leave, etc.

Courtney C.

"The best service + easy-to-use product"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and simple UX. We were also able to filter multiple queries with no problem. Our entire team enjoyed being able to jump in to use without having to go through hours of video onboarding.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I found. For a CRM, the simpler, the better. I've used about seven or eight different solutions in my past and this is my fave to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself a full workday to upload your existing data and to get familiar with the process flow. It's super easy to get used to. The buttons are clearly marked, but do the work ahead of time to determine how you will set up and dub your funnel. This one step will save you tons of time, guaranteed.

We needed a single source of truth for all of our prospects, hosts, and active stylist users. This provided us a very easy way to segment based on user type and engagement. Great, simple product. We highly recommend, especially for teams that are migrating away from a Salesforce IQ instance or from Google docs.

Shawnna C.

"We are working effective and fast."

What do you like best?

With ability good and helpful tools in my working routines, I can easily create a productive strategy. More good communication with my clients. The open and clear way to give skills to new users. The rights to track details or calls. Easy to have contacts of the profile.

What do you dislike?

I see how the solution works for our company an I would like to say that it is really good to work with. Sometimes need time to make all organization at right format. Not so strong and bad cons but will be better to update it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is good for marketing deals. Actually gives very open way to sales. Very nice connection with customers. As for me, I like that platform. Useful and powerful tools which will make your company be on top. I recommend it. Very good things to develop

It helps us to work on our working trade. Gives the ability to make better and to grow sales in our company. Always we have a strong heand to manage sales deals. Ability to get important from the conversation. And be sure that client will have what exactly he needed.

Kamil J.

"The CRM that brings value to sales reps along with value for management"

What do you like best?

I like it because of:

- ease of use,

- the fact that everyone started to use it from the start and everybody is more or less happy about it,

- the fact that it brings value to sales reps and also to management

What do you dislike?

After they changed the old UI to new one, the last thing to be not happy about is price :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did not do research on CRM systems for a long time, so I don't know if Zendesk Sell is the best one.

Zendesk Sell (formerly Base) is a CRM for our couple of people strong sales team. We use id desktops and mobile.

Brian M.

"Sorely Needed Sales CRM"

What do you like best?

Deal flow is intuitive, administrator setup was a breeze, and great reporting on sales goals, where deals are lost and more

What do you dislike?

Some reporting is a little lacking when we have to export data and provide reports

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Sales CRM, coming from a company that has no previous Sales CRM system but has used countless association management tools. We added custom fields to also handle the association management side and it cost less than previous Association Management Tools while also having the Sales CRM component.

We had no Sales CRM prior to Sell to having an organized sales system has been huge

"Best value CRM "

What do you like best?

Our sales reps love the simple Mobil App allows each user to communicate effectively with our sales coordinator. The reporting tools are also great for showing owners which advertisers/lead sources work the best as well as why we are losing deals for future changes to our strategy.

What do you dislike?

Additional cost for multiply users gets pricey, also some of the integrations thru Zapier can also be pricey for small to medium businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, inexpensive CRM for sales teams on the GO, with Mobil apps

Great for sale reps trying to stay on top of every deal, office sales coordinator can see what reps are going and where they may be incase any hot leads come up in the area.. No leads/deals fall thru the cracks, users can easily see all notes and documents associated with every deal.

Olivier T.

"Best CRM for a small business and I tested many"

What do you like best?

This CRM has everything I need, including a solution for targeted, personalised emails.

I love the way you can tag very easily leads and contacts, individually or by group, and then use the tag as a filter to send targeted and personalised emails. They do limit the number of daily emails but there are plenty enough for regular CRM acrivities.

I also LOVE the way they track emails and cell calls to the leads and contact profiles. So when you check a contact you have all their info, including the exchange emails and the date/time of your calls.

What do you dislike?

Just a,couple of features I would like to Base CRM to improve:

- When I make the mistake to classify somebody as a 'Contact' I have not found a way to move the Contact as a,Lead, to clean uo my contact list, except for deleting it and create a Lead.

- In the email campaigns,,I'd like to have add a c.f..

But I have been very impressed by the regular improvements made by Base CRM and I woukd not be surprised if they correct this in the near future.

I need integration with LinkedIn. But LinkedIn, unfortunately are not letting that happen with third parties.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you understand the differentiate 'Leads,' 'Contacts' and 'Deals.'

'Leads' are for people you don't know well: You want in 'Contacts' only the people you know, deal with or want to deal with. ''Deals' when you have a deal under negotiation.

It is important to see these 3 categories as your pupeline: Leads > Contacts > Deal

Just standard lead generation and contact management of a,small business.

Learn more about Zendesk Sell

Zendesk Sell Videos

Learning about Zendesk Sell?

* We monitor all Zendesk Sell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.