UltiPro

UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s cloud payroll solution, UltiPro, helps people simplify work, and helps organizations increase engagement and productivity across their global workforce.

Work for UltiPro?

User in Cosmetics
View Original January 28, 2018
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about UltiPro
Lesya S.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Marielle S.

"Ultipro Review"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this software is. You really don't need a tutorial to go start using this program. I like that I can access my pay stub even a day before I actually get paid. I also like how easy it is to track my hours or to input vacation or sick time. I also like that I can pull it up on my phone if need be. I don't always start my day at the office so it's nice that I can clock in through the internet on my phone from any location.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about this program. Its user friendly and can be accessed on the phone or by desktop. Ultimately I think it is better on a desktop than on a phone but it's not a huge disturbance using it on the phone. I have noticed that I can clock in through the internet version of Ultipro but not the app version however so that is something that's odd, but it's not really a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ultipro is great to use for HR purposes. I would recommend companies using it as it is user friendly and makes tracking all payroll related docs.

I use this for payroll and logging of hours. So on a larger scale our HR department uses Ultipro for all the employees for tracking of hours, using it for pay and benefits. the benefit is that it is easily accessible.

Alfredd R V.

"Human Capital Software All In One"

What do you like best?

Ultipro is an indispensable tool, for all human resources processes, that are executed daily in a company, this application has a number of features, to do the daily tasks in an easy and fast way, the AI that manages this program is unique, streamlining daily tasks

What do you dislike?

Some templates that already come by default with this application for different tasks, are two basic, in a tale of these characteristics, with the recognition that it has, and with the price that it costs, one expects that each detail is elaborated in the best way, more features are needed, for example, in payroll templates, these are very basic, and during its use, it has had to be modified manually, in order to make better use of them.

the different departments of human resources have been simplified, to work as a team, thanks to the connection of Ultipro, this entire department, turns to the same goal, to reduce costs, and working time, with a constant communication between the different members. of this sector in our company, a team has been consolidated that can fully comply with the tasks to be carried out in an effective, practical and fast way.

Mayra S.

"excellent software for all your work info"

What do you like best?

I like that i can easily access ultipro from anywhere. I can use it on my desktop at work or on the app on my phone. It's efficient and simple to use. The system rarely crashes and always works wonderfully!!

What do you dislike?

there's not much that i don't like about ultipro. The one thing however would be the login. If you forget your password and you reset it, you can not pick a password that you have used in the past. other than that its quick and easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember to always have knowledge of your password! it can be a bit of a hassle when it comes to changing it. For us, ultipro lets us access pay stubs, w2 forms w9 forms and other important information.,

Ultipro has access to all of our pay stubs and w2 forms. It keeps everything nice and organized and you have access to it in the palm on your hands.

Derek R.

"Basic tool for human resources managers"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about this HR manager is their speed, it's quite simple and quick to navigate all their sections. The daily task, the upload of documents and the updated reports on employees are also implemented very effectively.

What do you dislike?

They have recently released a mobile application that, although it is a really useful addition, I think that they still have to improve the design and configuration a bit, since there are still a few errors in that sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having software in the area of human resources that facilitate tasks in such an important area is basic. This software in particular has useful features, well configured, facilitates communication and comprehensive management in this area.

It has served to have a more complete and updated report on employees, facilitate communication with the human resources area, facilitate the upload of documents. Also the daily tasks are a great addition.

Allison B.

"The Ultimate Experience - An update"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a shorter amount of time. We are able to create reports to give to upper management, department heads and supervisors in a timely fashion versus our previous HRIS system. We have the ability to onboard employees with little worry and the software is cloud-based so we don't have to worry about will we be able to get it to open on a machine in any of our offices. There is so much we can do that it is makes me think why did we wait so long to upgrade systems!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could have from the UltiPro/Ultimate Software system is a dedicated icon on my smartphone where I could load my system administration abilities versus logging into the web to get there. But the great news is that we are testing the Mobile app next week! It is finally become a reality so I won't be able to say there is anything I don't like about the program. Other than that, which is more of a want than a dislike, I believe the system is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When looking at UltiPro you should remember that you are choosing a system for more than just the cost, you are looking at the system saving your staff time and effort. This system has allowed us to save both of these for the same price as what other systems would have cost us.

We are solving issues such as: overtime abuse; going from a paper environment to a paperless environment; improving the tracking of attorney bar information; and finally, understanding staffing issues in our offices.

The benefits we have realized have included: electronic file feeds for our employee benefits; paperless paychecks and open enrollment, to name just some of the benefits we have accomplished.

Nikki B.

"A Great Software"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate and utilize. You could go in completely new to it and figure things out very quickly. The training area is very self explanatory and tells the user exactly what to do in order to complete the training. Onboarding is probably the easiest it could be on this software and only takes minutes to complete. I absolutely love it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how something the links are very repetitive. There are multiple training and development links and only one works. It can be pretty confusing and takes a bit of trial and error in order to get the correct one. But, all in all, it is a very minute complaint and I would not care if it was fixed or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very simple yet effective software that anyone could use. It is nearly completely fool proof and does not bring many problems. I have not personally ran into anything that I could not fix with a previous page button. It is the best software in a workplace that I have come into contact with in my working career.

It helps the process in hiring and training new employees. Also, it gives easy access to see pay stubs and W-2 and W-4 forms when employees have questions so the can access it themselves. Once they get ahold of it the first time, it is smooth sailing from there.

Chad G.

"UltiPro - HR Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can see just about everything within this one application and I do not have to navigate into multiple solutions to be able to find the information that I need to manage people and the department.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints as it serves my needs well and is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Many features to use so utilize them to the best you can!

We are using it for Performance Management, required ERISA notices, benefit guides and Time and attendance. Having everything housed in one application provides us with the benefit of being able to see all of our HR managed items at once and not have to search all of the network or multiple applications. It also provides us with various management reports and tools to effectively manage our teams.

Glenn G.

"Much More than just a Payroll System"

What do you like best?

Onboarding - we were able to go almost 100% paperless and enter new hires before their start dates.

Open Enrollment - effective dating works well and benefit changes flow through the system accurately

Mobile - Great way for employees and administrators to access data and approve requests.

Cognos Analytics - a powerful reporting tool that allows report scheduling and automation.

What do you dislike?

As a long tenured customer(over 10 years), we have had customizations done over the years for features that are not yet available and once they become available, it is difficult to unwind these customs. But we are glad new features are constantly being added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great solution and is much more than just a Payroll system.

Going Paperless. Scheduling and automating reports and data feeds keeps us from doing a bunch of manual work.

Jeana D.

"Ultimate Software "

What do you like best?

Our organization has over 120 HR/payroll operators working in over 40 companies/FEINs, and although we are standardized, we are decentralized in terms of the HR and payroll operators. With UltiPro, we have centralized access to real-time data that empowers strategic planning and decision making. UltiPro gives us the information about our people and locations that is used in determining the current condition of the organization and to highlight areas for opportunities to move us forward.

What do you dislike?

We have users in both the back office and the web product. Ultimate continues to develop the web product so back office functionality is moving to the web, making work easier. However, there are still tasks that are somewhat easier and faster in the back office, but there are now functions on the web that are more efficient than the back office. Presently, we are using two web based products, specifically UTA and Recruitment that have upgraded versions available, but our migration continues to be delayed, both for over a year with no ETA in sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are thoroughly ready for your implementation by knowing what your expectations are and what you want to achieve by going with UltiPro. It's important to be confident in the implementation team, making sure they understand your needs and your organization. We had to commit more resources from our corporate and HR/payroll teams after implementation than anticipated, but that's with moving from a service bureau to a SaaS environment.

Prior to implementing UltiPro, we have difficulty gathering centralized data on our organization. Now, we not only can access the data needed to realize HR trends and basic data, we can better control how data is recorded to provide consistency across the organization. Being a federal contractor, consistency and accuracy are of the utmost importance in being able to demonstrate the organization's stewardship of the funding granted. Also, the ability to import data from other vendors and export data via USED is a great help. Web Services is also being used to keep our active directory in sync with the actual active population.

Katie N.

"Adequate for basic functions. Clunky interface, not a 'Wow' experience"

What do you like best?

Basic functionality is sufficient--you can access HR documents, and when you get used to navigating the clunky interface it does surface benefit information.

Works okay for the most basic functions (i.e. submit time-off request, view employee handbook, view most recent pay stub).

I do like that you can favorite specific pages and thereby customize your version of the menu.

What do you dislike?

Overall just difficult to navigate and unintuitive; general feeling of cheap / shoddiness

The search doesn't really seem to function.

Very difficult for hourly employees to enter time worked (worst of the ~5 systems I've used).

Goal creation / assignment system is needlessly overcomplicated.

Logging in and out is always a pain (ex. if your login times out, the next login will fail! Why? I have no idea!)

Insourcing our formerly outsourced HR, saving money. It doesn't seem to have any actual advantage over other HR software we've used in the past--i.e. we weren't able to take any complex functions online that we couldn't in the past. Just cheaper, as far as I know.

Jaime M.

"Ultipro is highly intuitive and combustible "

What do you like best?

Ultipro is highly intuitive and the user experience customizing the app is simple a helpful, it is full of features and functionality, ultimo has a great look and feel the application has been wisely designed and you can follow complex steps without even noticed and achieved a general goal thru all the company, Ultipro is simple and easy to use and full of great and useful features.

What do you dislike?

Time off request is not great too much detail information on it, I would like to see a better template to fill out the time off request, I would like to obtain better reports of general aspect of the company, results and goals achieved by the work force within the organization, Ultipro might be lacking an API the allow internal apps extract and post information, this will make a huge plus the attach processed to the key goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The payroll and HR management that gives solutions instead of headaches.

General portal, job certification, benefits, salaries, responsive, excellent mobile app and web security management, this is not just to handle time off, you can communicate and keep track of the important event of the company using the great and vast amount of features of the web application and the mobile app, the employees are getting the habit to resolve their questions using Ultipro before contacting HR, this is great in HR resource and investing their time bringing new ideas and solutions to the organization.

Danielle P.

"Big Fan of the Ultimate Software System and it’s People"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to be able to customize the system for our business needs. We have been able to brand our system to our company. The system is very intuitive; even our not so savvy computer people can manage their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The system itself is very easy to use and works fantastic, from time management, to payroll, to paying our taxes and creating amendments, to performance management and reviews. It is one stop shopping for us and our employees.

What do you dislike?

The interfaces can be long and daunting, but we have found solutions for those.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend UltiPro to any company. The system is fantastic, it does exactly what you see in the demos, the reporting is amazing, and the people at the company are knowledgeable and helpful.

We had so many great items resolved when moving to Ultipro. Here are just a few:

We were able to consolidate multiple databases and reduce hours of auditing between the systems.

We were able to expedited onboarding without the need to send new hire paperwork via FedEx,

We gained fantastic reporting capabilities we did not have before. This reporting includes bursting reports to report owners on schedules, sending out form letters to employees, and much much more. Huge time savings.

We have been able to link our performance management with our Compensation and Salary review for one comprehensive cycle.

"User friendly for all"

What do you like best?

This new software that our HR department implemented for company wide use is very user friendly and fills many needs. We are able to use it for payroll needs, time management (vacation/sick time requests, etc), as well as information about benefits, training and also company announcements.

What do you dislike?

I realize in this era of computer breaches, security is important. UltiPro uses multifactor authentication (MFA), which is fine. However, it is annoying to have MFA each and every time we log in; the company should have it so that MFA is required for initial setup and login, and each login thereafter, it should recognize that it is you and MFA would not be required.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is terrific software and there should be little pushback if and when you would want to switch to UltiPro.

It has streamlined my having to log in different places to see all of which I mentioned above. I can easily see at a glance my time off, my remaining vacation/personal days, time off already used, and status of time off requests. Payroll information is right here - W2 info, paystubs, etc.

Colleen S.

"UltiPro- Definitely a winning solution"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about UltiPro is having Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Benefits, Payroll and Time Management under one single login and site. I log in each morning either as a Super Admin or a Payroll Admin and Processing Only depending on where I need to be. It is fairly easy to lookup answers to questions I may have or view one of the Quick Tours and Tips which is right at my finger tips. I don't have to look very far to be exactly where I need to be. Also the Rapid Response team is incredible. They are very knowledgeable and work so hard to resolve issues quickly. Follow up is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about UltiPro is actually a positive for Ultimate Software. They are growing so very fast and need more help. The Tax Service is slower resolving and completing cases than I would like to see. Also some of the reconciling reports could be better. It is sometimes difficult to match up credit and debits with our bank account. More detail would be awesome. Sorry one more thing- navigating in Customer Service Portal isn't the best. When you open case attachments you have to close and go back to the beginning to enter the case again from the start instead of remaining within the case when you close the attachment. And when calculating an instant check before you need to start the next payroll batch, you have to start the payroll, enter the instant check and then undo all processes just in case an employee makes a change to their record that will affect the next payroll. The start and undo process is a little frustrating. Payroll registers with year to date numbers along with the payroll period would be nice too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ultimate Software is a great company to work with. I do suggest making sure you plan out to go live on January 1st. Do not try to bring over year to date numbers like with did with a October 1st go live date. Make sure you have plenty of time to validate and verify everything in the implementation process. There is nothing easy about implementation no matter what company you are doing business with. This may have been smoother if our implementation manager had more face to face time with us as the customer. Trying to do everything long distance doesn't always produce the end result you would like. More training up front.

I am a one person payroll department for over 1500 employees so UltiPro is easier for me to use and I feel very confident about the accuracy of the calculations. The benefit for our company is that they can still get by with only one of me (for now). Having everything I need in one place is so very helpful. There are other things I could ask for to make processing payroll even more user friendly but I am so much happier with UltiPro than our previous HRIS/Payroll system that I feel pretty good about this gift.

Jeanne B.

"The best move we could have made!"

What do you like best?

Oh, there are so many things. I think most importantly, it's the reporting functions. Not only do I have hundreds of standard reports already created that I can modify, but I have the capability to create my own reports to meet specific needs within our company. I'm in report heaven!

What do you dislike?

There are some back-end features I wish I had access to, instead of waiting to submit a request and working with a tech to resolve them. Simple things, really, but our specific plan channels back-end requests through our tech support. However, with that said, the techs are jolly quick at responding and solving my issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to test out the features of UltiPro. It really is amazing how much time and thought they have put into each of the features. In addition, they are always listening to customers and updating the software to meet their needs. In fact, at their annual conference, they solicited ideas from the attendees for a project for the IT team to select and program during the conference. This year they created a workflow to track LOA.

Our open-enrollment process has been streamlined to reduce tons of paper and hours of detailed data entry. Paper enrollment forms are no longer required. I can now generate a report immediate after closing the online open enrollment and submit that data directly to our vendor feed for processing. It has literally eliminated two weeks of data entry into our old payroll system. And, creating year-end ACA reports has become very simple to do.

Ryan C.

"Very robust, tons of functionality"

What do you like best?

We use all modules UltiPro has to offer so we get full integration from time to payroll to benefits and so much more. UltiPro offers a seamless transition from one to the next so that information is shared across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I dislike are smaller, more nitpicky items. There's nothing about the overall program that I think is poor. I'd like to be able to switch between pay groups when already in the Payroll Gateway>View or Edit Results/Instant Checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to set up the system according to the experts at UltiPro or your third party consultants. This is a huge system that needs to be done right. Don't try to do it haphazardly.

The full on integration has solved a world of problems compared to having to export and import data through various channels. All of that data manipulation from system to system leaves room for human error. With it all housed in one place, there is much less chance for mistakes.

Stephanie D.

"Best solution for our business... we know the system because we built the system!"

What do you like best?

We went live in 2016. As my "title" mentions - one of the key advantages is that we built the system... tables, codes, and all! But as a result, we know our own system and can make changes and adapt to our growing business needs very easily. Plus - if we are lost... the Ultimate Community is one of the best social networks I have ever seen. There are so many resources available to help you succeed - there is no way Ultimate can't work for your business!

What do you dislike?

Because the resources available are so vast - it's sometimes hard to figure out exactly where to go to find your answer. You know it's out there - but sometimes you get frustrated in your attempt to find it.

Second thing - UTM needs a makeover. It's reporting functionality and the fact that the hours worked are not really linked to CORE - is very limiting to our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The biggest implementation tip I can provide another potential customer is that you definitely need the resources to implement this system. We had a dedicated project manager on our HR Team that implmenting UltiPro was their sole purpose when brought on board. We were then able to slide her into a HR Manager role following the project... but it was invaluable to have one person solely focused on the project. We could then use the additional HR team members to assist; but keeping in mind they were also focused on their "real jobs". Upon implementation, we maintain the system with a FT HR Specialist.

Our biggest undertaking right now is that we just implemented Performance Management. We saw a 90% compliance for the first time doing reviews electronically - HUGE SUCCESS!

Lee P.

"Human Resources Manager - HRIS/Benefits"

What do you like best?

Having a single system that can handle front to back life cycle of the employee from application, onboarding, core, payroll, performance, etc. Also, Generally their customer support is good.

What do you dislike?

I think that Ultimate Software is over stretched with their products. They seem to be chasing and creating the next best HCM "Thing" (i.e. Xander, Perception, etc.), however this is being done at the expense of other core products. There are tones of basics enhancements that have been suggested and Ultimate keeps commenting that they are in the works, or being delivered, but yet we don't see anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beaware of taking on too many products at the same time

We have been able to consolidate 3 systems (HR, Performance, Payroll, and Benefits) to one system. We have also been able to automate our vendors file delivery by utilizing the UCN (Ultimate Carrier Network) to transfer files to our various vendors (Cigna, VSP, Fidelity, etc.)

Jack K.

"UltiPro gives you the Ultimate HR and Payroll Experience"

What do you like best?

The configurability and ease of use of the portal.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I truly dislike about the system, but if I have to pick something, the UltiPro Time Management portal could be updated to be a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are currently using a service bureau model where your payroll is sent to a mainframe, consider this:

We have 1 payroll person on staff and our payroll is bi-weekly, paid on Friday. The payroll process used to start at noon on the Friday before payday, and would be complete typically on the Wednesday afternoon.

Today, I still have 1 payroll person. She starts her payroll process now on Tuesday morning before payday, and is done by Wednesday, typically by noon. By switching from the service bureau model to UltiPro, we are saving approximately 14-16 hours each pay period that can be allocated to other tasks during the pay period. UltiPro is a total game changer.

Our performance management process has seen dramatic improvement in both employee experience as well as manager/employee communication. It all started with our activation of the UltiPro performance management tool.

Jennifer G.

"Why Olmsted Medical Center Love Ultipro"

What do you like best?

I love the integration of payroll, HR, Recruiting. When we first merged payroll and HR into 1 system, it was amazing the errors we discovered that were occurring because the 2 systems were not talking.

My other most favorite feature is the security. I can develop a security role to fit just about any situation needed. I have complete control over how secure I want our environment to be. Ultipro takes system security VERY seriously and even alerts us to strange activity.

The other thing I love is in the last couple years, they have opened things up to allow your to configure your environment on your own....for free. YES FOR FREE!!! They call it Platform Configuration and it allows you to create your own fields to report on. Plus you can change menu titles. LOVE THIS!

I am a reporting/database geek. I absolutely love the reporting tool, Cognos, that comes with. There is nothing you can't do with it.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is it can take awhile from the time you open up a ticket until you actually get someone to help you. They did put in place a Payroll Live Chat so if you are in the middle of processing your payroll, you have a way to get immediate help though.

Sometimes I wish there was more instructor led training. While it's nice to save money and do it on-line.....nothing beats having an actual instructor in the room. AND being able to lock yourself into that class. When I do virtual at my office, I'm constantly interrupted.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take time to talk to other customers. We are a medical institution and have done some inventive things to make this product work for even the credentialing piece of our business. We have also built an FMLA tracking capability with platform configuration.

What aren't we solving? Managers love the access they have to applicants and their employees. Employee's love being able to do things on their own w/o having to make a trip into the HR Office.

We have identified overspending when comparing scheduled FTE to Paid FTE which was not done prior to the system merging. We have figured out we have a problem with our PRN staff working to a total of 34 FTE'd positions. The question was "Where is this FTE creep coming from?". Yep-that's where.

Having the payroll data merged with the HR data has opened up a world of reporting.

We are now fully using Performance Management and our supervisors LOVE how easy it is to do a review now. Our review completion rate has come up.

"Ultimate ultipro"

What do you like best?

Ultipro is a tool that benefits HR department for easy recruiting, onboarding process of employees.It also serves to capture the employee data, personal information, Skillset, Leave management system previous job summary so that it will be easy for the organizations to fetch the employee details at one place.

What do you dislike?

The time management system is a bit confusing in ultipro when we use it as an administrator and end user perspective. Many of the features require an extra cost to customize. The leaves approved will take time to reflect in the timeoff tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ultipro is an ultimate tool for the organizations to track the employee information.

Ultipro helps to store the employee information under one roof. Skillset of the employees and previous work experience can be maintained at on eplace so that it would be easy for the management to cater the employees to clients. Time management system is very useful as we can apply the leaves directly with out any mail conversations.

Jaronika D.

"The Ultimate Experience - A New Perspective"

What do you like best?

UltiPro has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a more realistic timeframe. The end user experience has enhanced the usage of our HR applications when compared to the past. The real-time information including reports and dashboards is more aligned with our other systems.The ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. The ease of use with the Core HR applications has made a great impact on our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of limitations with the workflows (business processes) and the learning application (Schoox). I think there is a lot of opportunity with the learning application from and administrative perspective because there is limited functionality when compared to other learning applications. The ability to be able to create an ad hoc business process and have more flexibility around the approvers org levels would be great. The ability to see all compensation history from one place for all employees would be a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering UltiPro. I would ask the hard questions and really get under the hood of the car, so to speak. For a company with a Safety culture and very specific requirements around learning. I would source multiple options to compare. UltiPro Learning is still in its infancy and it was not quite developed enough to be delivered. While the overall customer service experience is good, there are still some internal issues with customer service when dealing with certain modules. The compensation reporting is not as intuitive and easy to navigate.

We are working on going from a paper environment to a paperless and email environment. The ability for all of our new hires to being their employment utilizing a system that integrates is a great thing. Our payroll team is able to reduce the complete the payroll process. The integration with internal business systems and other applications has reduced the amount of time spent on the manual processes. The demographic footprint of our business has allowed us to rollout things like benefit enrollment, compensation management, and onboarding seamlessly.

"Less than enamored"

What do you like best?

I like the look of UltiPro and how it presents a customized solution using company colors and logos. I like that our employees can initiate time off requests, address updates, tax withholdings, benefit enrollments as well as manage their time punches.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that that the platform is a "self managed" payroll. We did not realize that would mean managing a work flow beyond entering payroll data. We now have to verify that a data file leaves UltiPro, goes to the bank and then the bank disburses the ACH deposits.

I dislike that the "Payment Services" (aka Taxes) is an outsourced function, Our account is set up to pay taxes monthly, but taxes are being disbursed quarterly and are late.

I dislike that I was sold a "Recruiting and Onboarding" module, but it has not been available for utilization. To UltiPro's credit, they have "credited" back the invoicing for this miss. Nonetheless, it has not offset the continuation of the separate platform that I have had to extend (twice) at four times the cost plus the additional labor that has had to remain in effect to continue the manual entries that were to be removed with the functionality sold.

I dislike that the Training module is an outside company that has been plugged into UltiPro (aka Schoox). The "direct feed" from the core UltiPro into the Training module is one way versus two way. Names go in but they don't go out (i.e. New Hires and Terminations)

I dislike the Performance module as it is also a plug in module that is clunky, counter intuitive and has been very challenging to utilize.

I dislike the timeline to obtain benefit carrier EDI feeds. The most recent comment from an UltiPro resource assigned to the project was "oops, my bad."

UltiPro offers many great and customizable solutions. Their payroll support is second to none. Unfortunately, the 90 day integration period - which prolonged into a 120-day integration period, has created more challenges than it has solved for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a team of subject matter experts that can devote their time to an extensive integration process and data cleanup, then UltiPro can be a great tool for you. The reporting capabilities of this platform are extensive and helpful. The end user experience for the Core module (payroll, time keeping, PTO, address updates, tax updates, etc.) are positive. It's been the administrative end that has increased from following up with UltiPro through their ticketing system to make sure that the tasks are getting done that has increased the work for my small team. Again, if you have the bandwidth, it is a great system. It has been more administratively than we anticipated.

We were able to solve employee self-service and transparency with UltiPro. The reporting capabilities are fantastic. The benefits realized from UltiPro has been the consolidation of time, PTO and payroll into one platform.

Learn more about UltiPro

UltiPro Videos

Learning about UltiPro?

* We monitor all UltiPro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.