PlanSource

PlanSource

4.0

PlanSource is a multi-carrier benefits administration platform that supports benefits programs including both defined contribution and defined benefit models.

Work for PlanSource?

Learning about PlanSource?

PlanSource Reviews

Ask PlanSource a Question
Showing 106 PlanSource reviews
Kathryn C.

"PlanSource provides great customer service and we're happy, even after a shaky start"

What do you like best?

The customer service from Troy Farnell and the HCM Service Team is what I like the best about PlanSource. They are quick to help respond to any issue we have. Second, would be the product itself. It has improved our payroll, benefits and timekeeping experience, by integrating those functions. The interface is fairly easy to use, once you learn where everything is. The service is the best.

What do you dislike?

We were disappointed with the implementation process. We felt we did not get the kind of advising we needed about PlanSource's capabilities and how best to set it up for our needs as a company and that caused a lot of problems the first year. I was very vocal with PlanSource about our disappointment and made recommendations to them on how they could improve the implementation experience. The have great customer service, however, and problems that could be fixed were fixed. And their customer service has been excellent ever since. I do feel that PlanSource has redeemed itself after the poor implementation experience. We have been very happy with it overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your implementation team understands what your company's needs are, and ask a lot of questions and take your time with the process. Expect to devote a lot of time to implementation.

We use PlanSource for payroll, timekeeping, benefits and performance management. It has streamlined things for employees, giving them one place to "do it all." It has made our benefits experience much better, as benefits are incorporated with our carriers directly and with our payroll. The customer service provided by Troy and the HCM Service Team has been exceptional. That is very valuable.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about PlanSource
Aaron R.

"Dedicated benefit administration software and team that care."

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ease of letting the system do all the work and get our employees enrolled in benefits. Once setup its pretty hands off for my department.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike about the software. Only dislike is waiting for customization in the software and process due to our business model, but that's not fault to Plansource.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommend if looking for very end user friendly product. All benefit pages are customizable and easy for employees to understand what they are signing up for.

It has freed up 1-2 people in my department for in-year enrollments. It has also greatly reduced calls about benefits during annual open enrollment. It has allowed our department to stay the number of people while our company has grown.

What Benefits Administration solution do you use?

Daniele G.

"Good for benefits "

What do you like best?

PlanSource is super easy to maneuver through.

What do you dislike?

It's a platform that is hard to get to talk to a payroll platform when it's not used as a centralized platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PlanSource is a 3rd party for us through OneDigital. It's a hard platform to get to push out the correct numbers on some of our benefits especially since we increase costs for no physicals. Sometimes I'll put that an employee has a physical, but it will never register the correct amount.

PlanSource has made it much easier for us to get employees registered in benefits. This is the only area in which we use it, but it's beneficial for our tech-savvy employees to make changes and register on their own.

Jennifer F.

"Just keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The user interface is really one of the most attractive pieces of PlanSource. I also appreciate the continuous updates to the system, and the best part is they're FREE!

What do you dislike?

I wish report writing had a little more reach. I was specifically recently asking if there was a way to upload employee's subscriber ID numbers for their medical, dental, vision etc. plans. The system also doesn't have a field for an ITN number only social, or maybe a field for employee photo. Overal it's a good system but more custom fields would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's definitely worth a try.

There was a time when PlanSource was not extremely effective in the implementation process, and there were endless technical headaches with the system. I can happily say now that so much of that has turned around with the restructuring their customer service department and whatever behind the scene changes occurred to completely eliminate this problem. Last OE we implemented a new carrier and the transition was seamless.

Iasrealia W.

"Great program for HR Professionals"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage my employee benefits accounts with ease. I also like the quick response feedback I receive from PlanSource administrators when I'm in need of assistance.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the program cannot correspond certain changes to certain carriers when updated in the system - I have to fill out an excel spreadsheet and send it to be manually entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not yet qualified to lend advise as I haven't utilized other benefits programs.

I no longer have to have new employees fill out paper copies of their benefits enrollment - they are prompted by a pre-filled email to enroll and the PDF is available once completed for my physical personnel files.

Karen D.

"Mostly easy to work with and the reporting makes my job tremendously easier throughout the year."

What do you like best?

The reporting is very robust and user-friendly. It tremendously helps to cut my time in report preparation, etc. since I can easily click on essentially any report necessary. And the benefit summary page for each employee is an easy, go-to view for each employee.

What do you dislike?

I think from a member-perspective it could be more user-friendly. Also I would like a few more capabilities on the employer side that would limit how often I need to seek help from the PlanSource service team.

Open enrollment needs to only give the "enroll-annual" option and not also the "make changes to my benefits" option. It causes confusion.

Service would be better with one account manager/point of contact for each customer group.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend monthly reconciliation to your census within the system to ensure accuracy or reporting. Pay close attention during your contract renewal process; they have tried to push large rate increases on us in the past.

This platform aids me in self-invoicing during the year with various vendors, and certainly makes ACA reporting much, much simpler. It also makes my job easier to have each employee's benefit elections all under one umbrella for viewing etc.

"Excellent Reporting and Compliance Features, Difficulty in Personalizing"

What do you like best?

I love the reporting in PlanSource, it's incredibly easy to build a report I need, schedule it out, or save it if it is frequent to my work.

I appreciate the ACA compliance and intiuitive programming for employees is built within the system.

What do you dislike?

There could be more flexibility in programming complex plans into the system, and often if feels like you have to make a backdoor solution. I also find it can take some time to hear back from members of the team. The work all plansource employees do is excellent, incredibly helpful and thought provoking, but it can feel frustrating as an administrator, as our processes aren't as inuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Prepare yourself for everything in your current system, and don't try to build anything to mimic what you had before, as PlanSource has it's own solutions that could work better than it previously did.

PlanSource utilizes an ACA compliance team, a much needed resource in this day and time.

Our payroll deductions for benefits have been massively simplified.

It balances our multiple payroll schedules extremely well.

Employees feel they have control and we see increased engagement from our benefits package compared to our previous vendor.

Kimberly W.

"Rural company online transition"

What do you like best?

For our employees, having access to all of their benefit plans at any time truly provides a value add experience for not only the remote field employees but also their spouses. It helps reduce the number of calls that my department takes throughout the year questioning their benefit plans.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to PlanSource is the inability to connect with our current Payroll provider. Granted, we knew this going into the implementation and was not a deal breaker for us. We needed to streamline our benefits process and this provided us an avenue to do so.

We truly have the ability to communicate better with our remote employees and their families. PlanSource has provided us with a venue to improve that communication and also gives the employees and their families the opportunity to review and change their benefits if they need to without always calling my department.

Kelly B.

"Great online Benefits module! No more paper enrollments! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact I don't have to go through mounds and mounds of paper enrollments for 500 employees, 4 companies, missing information, can't read writing,etc.. Seeing everything the employee enrolled in on one page! Being able to update beneficiary info and showing life events, especially if employee wants to have a copy, all the term dates, new enrolled dates, dependent info, everything is there. I like being able to see what the employee elected and declined the previous year in the same page. That way you can compare coverages from this year and last year, what volume they had and if they increased or decreased life insurance volume. If they declined in one coverage one year but elected it the next year or had a dependant on a plan one year and opted not to another year.

What do you dislike?

If an employee is a re-hire it at times holds their previous info and at a quick glance looks like they did their enrollment when really it is terminated. Also when a re-hire errors out of an import and you have to manually update all of their info and re-hire them or they don't upload. I don't like that Life Events sit pending until approved, but I do like in the home screen it shows there is a life even pending. I have at times run into a report not showing a payroll deduction that should be showing!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plan Source is a great source for benefits. Reviews are always a great source! No more paper enrollments. Everything is at your fingertips, so much easier and better!!!!!!!!!

No business problems. N/A

AB
Administrator in Banking

"Well-designed, easy to use, and seamlessly integrates with our HRIS system"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the employee interface for open enrollment. Our employees love how simple and easy it is to elect their benefits each year. The system walks you through and makes everything simple and easy to understand, and employees make very few errors. They can enroll in their benefits during open enrollment in five minutes, or less if we turn on passive enrollment.

What do you dislike?

We've had some growing pains setting up the automatic file feeds from some of our carriers to the billing platform, and we will often just go directly to the carrier's admin website and download our bills directly to make sure we are paying the right balance.

Automating open enrollment, new hire benefit processing and terminations/ COBRA administration. Using PlanSource saves us an FTE.

Susan C.

"Long Term PlanSource Client"

What do you like best?

The system is user friendly and is a one stop shop for all of our payroll and HR needs. Their technology eases the administration on our staff and allows integration between payroll and benefits to simplify all of our processes. We utilize their payroll system, benefits and ACA administration, onboarding, and time keeping system. PlanSource's customer service is above and beyond as well.

What do you dislike?

I have always been happy with the service I have received, however, there is always room for improvement. I do think their business intelligence reporting could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PlanSource offers a very high level of customer service.

We have been with PlanSource for over 7 years so the benefits we have received from them have been ongoing for many years. They have been able to help us with incredible amounts of growth into so many new states. Their benefits platform has been a must have for us given our employee population is scattered across the country. Employees can not only enroll but also receive education on the benefit offerings. Most recently their ACA reporting feature has made filing very simplified.

"PlanSource: good and getting even better"

What do you like best?

PlanSource keeps investing in technology and advancement to offer their clients more services and options.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, with all of the advancing technology, it feels like they're a little understaffed during peak times like open enrollment. Year-round the responses are fine, but in 4th quarter, there are sometimes delays and mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PlanSource is committed to internal investment in technology. I've seen a great deal of advancement from them in the last couple of years, and their roadmap of improvements is impressive and definitely pointed in the right direction.

We have a vast, remote workforce with high turnover, and we use PlanSource to communicate benefits information year-round and to administer a secure Open Enrollment environment. The security of our system has been solid, which is paramount these days. We also enjoy the ability to store plan documents on the system, and we've taken great advantage of the educational video content PlanSource offers.

Michael T.

"PlanSource is on the leading edge of HCM and Benefit technology"

What do you like best?

My company and PlanSource are longtime partners in business. Not only does PS provide great tools for businesses and HR professionals, but they also follow it up with their support teams.

What do you dislike?

There are not to many things I can say I dislike. Since they are always evolving their benefits and HCM technology, there are one off situations where report calculations be skewed or a specific piece of a platform is not active and working. This issues are typically resolved by the PS team promptly.

Being a long time partner with PlanSource, we have been somewhat of a guinea pig for many of the products they now offer. Seeing some of the tools from first use to the final and delivered product is impressive.

Christine W.

"Employees seem to love it; HR does not"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that we can administer almost all of our benefits from one location and avoid collecting paper enrollment forms. The website is user friendly for employees going through the enrollment process. And the file feeds directly to the carriers are useful.

What do you dislike?

We do not have a dedicated PlanSource Representative as a point of contact to whom we can escalate issues and who gets to know our company and our unique needs. We have worked with PlanSource for 5 years and every medical Open Enrollment is painful, being assigned different Open Enrollment specialists every year and running into some of the same issues year over year. This year's Open Enrollment contact was unresponsive, had no sense of urgency, was not correcting the errors discovered during testing and after employees went through the enrollment process in a timely manner, and was even asking us to just work through issues she could not figure out how to resolve. Ridiculous!!

The business problem solved with PlanSource was the option to administer all of our benefits (except 401(k)) online through 1 website! I appreciate the file feeds they have directly to the carriers, eliminating the collection of enrollment forms and subsequent manual data entry on carrier websites to get employees enrolled or make changes. The time saved for my department with regard to day-to-day administration was helpful.

Amy B.

"Great for employees; Okay for administrators, could be improved."

What do you like best?

PlanSource has been user friendly and easy to use for our employees -- when signing up for benefits or going through Open Enrollment. It's easy for them to use and understand and make choices for their coverage while understanding the cost and plans. When we've been able to set up data feeds to our benefits providers, they work well and reliably, and it makes the enrollment process seamless for our HR team.

What do you dislike?

The administrator side of the site is easy to use when you know what you're looking for, but it's not always easy to understand and navigate features that I'm not familiar with. (It's not very intuitive.) Also, the process of setting up feeds to our carriers is a long and difficult one. It has consistently taken months from the establishment of the new provider to when the feeds are working consistently and reliably...in the meantime, it's difficult, time-consuming and confusing trying to keep enrollments correct across carrier platforms. Also, the ACA reporting has improved a lot over the years, but there are still a lot of errors in forms that have to be manually corrected, and often, the customer service folks are not fully versed in how or why the forms populate the way they do (doesn't seem like anyone understands how/where the information in the forms is pulling from). Lastly, once an employee changes coverage, there's no way to access the history of their past coverage, and that would be very valuable info to be able to capture -- the history of each employee's coverage.

It's a clearinghouse for everything related to our benefits and it's the only tool we have that tracks benefits enrollments and changes company-wide. It's also the tool we use for ACA reporting.

AS
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"PlanSource Benefit Administration "

What do you like best?

PlanSource is a best in class benefit administration

The team at PlanSource allows us to be demanding partners and achieve our strategic goals

Shout out to Ultimate Software and the near real time connection with PlanSource allowing us the best of both worlds!

What do you dislike?

As with any system there have been technological issues we've had to work through. Our organization has some pretty complicated configuration but PlanSource has supported us with it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework, no matter what system - be a demanding partner and communicate your needs before, during and after.

Providing our employees with an automated solution that integrates with our payroll system to reduce (and eventually eliminate) manual data entry errors & increase time to apply to the other areas of our job that we did not have time for previously

"Good products with a few quirks"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about PlanSource is the interaction with the carriers and how easy it is for employees to log-in and make changes. The interaction w/ most of the workers has been pleasant as well.

What do you dislike?

The billing - The price is very fair however, they way they bill you creates extra work for the ones who have to keep track of it. Also, when going "live" make sure it is immediate as while they are building your site, they are charging you your monthly fees on top of the implementation fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

see comments above on the billing aspect.

Also, go first of the year and make sure your contract does charge you before the product is active.

solving the issues of having to upload benefits to multiple carriers. This is generally a one stop shop.

Michelle S.

"Implementing our benefit platform with Plan Source"

What do you like best?

We moved our benefit platform out of another vendor's system into Plan Sources system recently. The team at Plan Source provided quick feedback and excellent knowledge to make the integration very smooth. I have worked with past vendors and once a project is complete and implemented then they stop helping you. That is not the case with Plan Source. Plan Source has a great team of employees that are knowledgeable in all subjects. They are always willing to help solve a problem or make an improvement and in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend Plan Source.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! Plan Source does an excellent job!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would highly recommend Plan Source to others.

Our benefit system was implemented into Plan Source system as we were not happy with another system. We were very happy with the switch.

Kathy H.

"Manager-HRIS and Total Rewards"

What do you like best?

The application is user-friendly for Administrators and end users (employees).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I like how not only PlanSource is the centralized system to hold our data, but also, the system helps track our ACA requirement and can produce the 1095 forms.

We have all the data in one centralized system. The data in PlanSource are sent to all our carriers. It makes it easy to look into one system and resolve any issues as needed. In addition, it is easy for our employees to enroll into their benefits.

AI
Agency in Insurance

"PlanSource Service"

What do you like best?

The PlanSource Service Team is always very helpful and willing to look into and resolve any issues that my client may be having with on-line benefits enrollment system. They will also work with the insurance carrier to who the information is being transmitted. The team also responds quickly to any requests I may have. In addition, the system is user-friendly for the administrator; when it comes to looking up information, making corrections and running reports.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the transmission to the insurance carriers does not always work well; but quite often the transmission problems are at the carrier's end.

It allows us to have a system in place that feeds benefit elections to an insurance carrier in real time. Our agency also utilizes EaseCentral which does not have an electronic feed to most insurance carriers. Therefore, the information from EaseCentral needs to be manually entered or communicated to the carrier. PlanSource solves this problem and alleviates a huge administrative burden and liability when it comes to completing employees' benefit enrollments.

Kelly M.

"Survey"

What do you like best?

I like that Plansource offers many different HR functions all in one system. It's helpful for the candidate beginning their career at NOIC all the way after they are no longer an employee.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not keep connections witht he other systems correctly. For example Last names will not be changed on other websites, or positions, feeds are incorrect to certain vendors. I feel like we have more system errors than necessary.

Business problems just in system errors and direct report errors. If an employee gets terminated there is not one method to remove direct reports, it seems like we have to manually check multiple locations to remove the attachment from the terminated employee. Benefit, having multiple areas available for employees in one system.

Colleen C.

"Fantastic Benefits administration system"

What do you like best?

User- Friendly system that makes communication with insurance carriers seamless.

What do you dislike?

There are a few processes that I wish could be fully automated, like new hire processing, but the upsides still far outweigh the few recommendations I have for improvement.

Plansource has saved me countless hours manually entering enrollments. For a 3400 person company, open enrollment is much easier to administer with a Plansource.

Debra M.

"Always understands my needs"

What do you like best?

I'm most happy with the ease of the Renewal Wizard.

The process is so simple and easy to understand. You can complete your Renewal in a minimal amount of time without little to no additional help.

What do you dislike?

I think the ACA process can be improved upon. The tab for that particular function is somewhat confusing to me . Every year I have to have some added support from Plan Source . I feel if the tabs were more interactive, you might have a better understanding of the process as a whole.

Plan Source is working on a problem with how the salaries of our employees are uploaded. We haven't realized the benefits just yet as it is still being worked on.

C

"Review by Reseller - PlanSource is great!"

What do you like best?

It is very user-friendly. The look is nice, but it also works well. I like that it keeps a record of everything so you can see what was done, when, and by who.

What do you dislike?

I am used to the old interface, so the new interface is taking some getting used to. There are a few things that make it harder to find, but overall, still good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you are evaluating what you are needing out of a system. Some of the other systems we looked at were too cumbersome and had too much going on. PlanSource is very customizable to each client and their situation, but without all the extra stuff that some other systems had.

PlanSource allows for our clients to be able to spend their valuable time doing things other than pushing paper for benefits.

maria eulamae s.

"there still room for improvement"

What do you like best?

I would say the customer service are efficient whenever we have a question.

What do you dislike?

there are some areas that needs improvement. Like when updating the pto hours, pto hours of employee on loa is already suspended but the employee still accrue hours, accidentally approved pto hours before the payroll can't be modify or redo.

steps in running the payroll is easy.

Erin S.

"Great, personable service"

What do you like best?

Whenever there is an issue I get great service and typically several responses same day. During a larger issues I had several team members of various ranks reach out and assist me until we were able to resolve the conflict.

What do you dislike?

Sales team is sometimes hard to get a hold of and there are often billing issues that need to be resolved.

No more paper apps, being able to offer client several lines of coverage that can all be housed under one roof.

"PlanSource Is My Source For Information"

What do you like best?

PlanSource is a large part of my daily job as an Admin Coordinator. I like the clear, easy menu that gets me where I need to be quickly.

What do you dislike?

I use our Document Library regularly. We upload company documents for compliance verification into client folders. When adding a new client folder I have to manually move it to where it goes alphabetically. It'd be nice if that was automatic and not manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The reporting and metrics available for this product are good. The visual aspect of it is clean and easy to read. the customization works well for our company's needs.

We track an enormous amount of info in PlanSource. One benefit is that both our third party call center and our internal staff can access and note events and information for employees

Allee Y.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to maneuver and navigate. It's a simple enrollment process and it's easy to add or terminate employees.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the little kinks it has every now and then. Ex: button not showing up, enrollments not getting to the carriers, etc.

Generating Benefit Reports to compare to our Payroll.

Lesa R.

"The process was efficient, professional and thorough. "

What do you like best?

Implementation team was detail oriented and very responsive. Each step in the implementation timeline was clearly presented and available for review and update at all times.

What do you dislike?

It was a very quick pace but that was our choice. We turned it around in about two and a half (2 1/2) weeks!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're live and just completing our Open Enrollment. It has been a better than expected experience and so far we're very pleased with the product. I would absolutely recommend this product.

Better data, analytics and reporting for HR and Leadership. Improved efficiencies for Benefit Administrator. Improved employee experience.

Cliff S.

"Like pulling teeth to get things started with them....."

What do you like best?

The user interface is awesome, never an employee complaint.

What do you dislike?

Any time there is a change, request for a report, or adding a new vendor feed it takes forever! They can turn around the quote on the "programming" hyper-quick....but don't expect a finished work product for 2 to 3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is slick from an end user perspective, but miserable from an administration view point.

It makes signing up for benefits very easy.

"Rough at first but smoother with continued use"

What do you like best?

The automatic updates from SAP on the employee status and job categories

What do you dislike?

Supporting documents are not approved by the person who the benefit is for but by each benefit the person is in . So you have to approve 1 birth certificate multiple times depending on how many benefits the person is enrolled in.

Staff are often confused by the enrollment process, they had to click I Agree to items they are not enrolling in such as Long Term Care

I am not sure how to answer this

Jaime D.

"Very difficult to navigate menus"

What do you like best?

Can search for an employee easily. I don't have any other positives.

What do you dislike?

Cannot add, term, or update dependents easily. Menus are very hard to navigate, and there are rules around when and how you can do something, making going back to fix things very hard. Also can't do billing, or order ID cards from this site, so logging into multiple sites to do things is not very efficient. And we have a feed that goes from our internal database to Anthem, yet we still have to log in to update plan source on any changes, so whats the point of the auto feed?!

None, its redundant work.

"PlanSource is AMAZING!!!"

What do you like best?

The PlanSource website is very easy to use, both from an employee and an administrator viewpoint. The videos that are available provide great explanations of benefits terms for those who are not benefits savvy. The best thing about PlanSource, however, is the people! They are so helpful, from implementation all the way through to day-to-day support once your portal is up and running. We had previously been using another system that was not very user friendly and the support for the system was not very helpful either.

What do you dislike?

I'm not very patient, so I'd like to see my new employees be able to complete their benefits enrollments immediately upon being entered into the portal, but if that's the worst thing I have to say about the system I'm going to call that a win!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PlanSource is the third benefits portal I have used in my career and is by far the most user friendly, but the people at PlanSource are really what makes the system the best!

The benefits enrollments process is so streamlined now! We have employees all over the country so it's terribly convenient that they can handle their enrollments online. The enrollment feeds directly to the carriers save so much time too!

"Benefits Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The team at PlanSource and the Benefits Center are always willing to help solve any problems that occur, give additional information and resources to my employees, and generally care that the client is happy.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about PlanSource. They continue to process site improvements to stay a step ahead.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product to ease all of your benefit and open enrollment concerns.

PlanSource has helped to create a smooth transition and a 1 place to shop for all of our benefits. They streamlined our OE process.

Lisa H.

"PlanSource Dependent Care"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is very handy - you can see a snapshot of claims and status

What do you dislike?

Customer service has been completely unresponsive ... have tried email only, not phone

From an employer standpoint, it's nice not having to manage the claims - the online claims system is great.

Melanie G.

"Good System!"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate. Good home page and relatively intutitive

What do you dislike?

Fields in the "hire an employee" are too cumbersome. The home page looks great, but the system is too "squished" on the second page.

Easy to navigate for our employees and gives them the ability to sign in themselves to make their own selection for benefits plans vs. a paper based form which opens up the process to errors.

AC
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"The Chat Box"

What do you like best?

I love that I can toggle between chatting & troubleshooting and working in other platforms when I need assistance with a record in PlanSource. I also enjoy not being tied to problem solving over the phone when trying to be discreet regarding an issue.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight wait for a specialist to become available, but when they are assigned to help you, they complete the request thoroughly and follow up promptly.

Comprehensive history of benefits that any employee was eligible for or elected. The service team available to ensure records are correct are a great asset.

"PlanSouce is a comprehensive platform to handle all your benefit needs"

What do you like best?

It's easy to maintain and update the database. Uploads are easily handled and the reports are easy to read and understand.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if the staff member could update their address in the system, but this has to be done by an admin and can be a hassle sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PlanSource is easy to use and implement. It's a good investment to any size company.

All the benefits are on one platform. It's easy to oversee it as an admin as well as a user.

Kristy D.

"Convenient and Easy"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that I can log in from home, work, vacation, on my phone or anywhere I can get an internet connection.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is cumbersome sometimes - however, I have noticed that it is getting much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it uploads with the carriers you are using for your benefits.

We use it for our online benefit enrollment - for all of our benefit needs.

"The system works well, but getting help during OE was a huge disappointment..."

What do you like best?

PlanSource collects data from our payroll system, making new hires and other changes very easy! We only have to input data once and the system works well.

What do you dislike?

During Open Enrollment (the most critical time for our PlanSource use) there were some glitches - terminated employees feeding to the carriers, etc. This was fixed, but it took way too long because getting a hold of our PlanSource contact was nearly IMPOSSIBLE. We were always referred to talk to him about any issues and he refused to answer any of our emails or phone calls until we finally reach his manager who was able to get a response from him.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Better customer service from the support staff.

Outsourcing Benefits Administration.

Kelly G.

"KG Review"

What do you like best?

How user-friendly the system is and how easy is to navigate. Also, i enjoy the customer service: Jasmine, Chris, Yasmar, Janais are the people I have the most contact with and they are phenomenal.

What do you dislike?

i think the benefits can be confusion sometimes. When adding a new life event. I always call suport for help.

Document acknowledgement - payroll - PTO - reports

ROBERT K.

"WELL BALANCED ORGANIZATION THAT STIVES FOR EXECELENCE."

What do you like best?

EMPLOYEES THAT TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY AND THAT WILL WORK WITH YOU TO RESOLVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.

What do you dislike?

EMPLOYEES DON'T LIKE THE FREQUENT AUDITS

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TO SERIUSLY CONSIDER WORKING WITH PLANSOURCE, THE ORGANIZATION TRUELY ARE ABOVE THE OTHER COMPANIES OUT THEIR. THEY MAKE EVERYTHING PLEASURABLE AND NO HASTLES. VERY HELPFUL AND UNDERSTANDING. HIGHEST NUMBER FOR EXCELLANTCE.

PLANSOURCE AND THE FLEX SPENDING ARE EXCELENT AND CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME WITH THEIR ASSISTANCE. IF WE HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THE GO AVOVE AND BEYOND TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUES.

Susan L.

"HR Manager"

What do you like best?

So far so good. I will have a better idea when we receive our March invoice with Kaiser.

What do you dislike?

Too new to have an opinion. So far so good. Will know more after we get our March invoice from Kaiser.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are using PlanSource for helping with our coverage with Kaiser. Just in the beginning stages, not a strong opinion yet. Not sure if on the cloud so I said - no.

Connecting PayChex to Kaiser.

UG
User in Graphic Design

"PlanSource helps us with our onboarding process"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how easy Plansource is to use. It prevents me from logging into multiple websites or accounts to see all of my work related information. I can access my time off, benefits, past records, employment history, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish the site was more user friendly. While the tool is great and I enjoy Plansource, the site is not the most intuitive to navigate. It took some learning for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you figure out where to find everything, it is great having all of your information in one place. The website, however, is hard to navigate when you first adapt it.

Plansource has helped our HR team onboard new employees with ease, and likewise, it has helped current employees access all of their important work related information all in one spot.

Tammi M.

"PlanSource has made Open Enrollment almost fun!"

What do you like best?

We have been utilizing PlanSource for over 5 years. Prior to that, I would get lost in paperwork. Using the benefits platform has taken all that paperwork away. Making open enrollment so easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes other carriers have a difficult processing certain requests. PlanSource is always willing to do everything they can to work with the carriers, but the carriers sometimes do not work well in return.

It all flows so much smoother! Open enrollment, life change events, and new hire enrollment... All without paper. It saves time, energy, and file space!

"Difficult to Navigate"

What do you like best?

The system is all inclusive of our payroll and benefits.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is difficult to navigate. The customer service is not always helpful and there tends to be a pretty long lag in between when a question is asked and when it is answered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gain all the knowledge and training you can during implementation.

Employees are able to sign up and edit benefits on their own and that feeds to our insurance brokers.

Jhoel M.

"Control en el departamento RRHH"

What do you like best?

Este programa es muy interesante para la planificación del área de talento humano. Lo empleamos para nuestra planta y nos ofrece varias ventajas que otros no tienen.

El manejo del tiempo en el recurso humano es de vital importancia, PLANSOURCE nos ha ayudado en conseguir objetivos.

What do you dislike?

Como lo menciono arriba es un programa novedoso y moderno, estamos aplicando sus modulos.

En nuestro caso estamos trabajando en la implementacion al área de almacén y esperamos resultados.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sus reportes son de facil uso y contienen amplia informacion

Planificacion de todo el personal de planta.

"Personal Service "

What do you like best?

Our PlanSource account representative is wonderful, proactive and so very helpful to walk us through whatever challenge we have. His experience with the PlanSource systems is drawn upon and solutions found!

What do you dislike?

standard reports could have more categories to choose from when selecting filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Define what you need and PlanSource is very helpful in implementing!

Easy to get employee information at our fingertips, thus answer employee questions about benefits, pay, etc. Employees have access to change address, banking information, W-4 information and can retrieve documents and information on their own (if they remember their password!) Open enrollment for benefits is managed through PlanSource systems also. PlanSource facilitates so much of HR and Benefits service.

Devin W.

"Plansource manages the benefit selection for our company"

What do you like best?

Being able to directly communicate with plansource has been helpful for resolving my situation

What do you dislike?

Little traceability. had to re-engage several times to solve issue

Managing employer provided medical benefits.

Scott S.

"PlanSource benefits administration software review"

What do you like best?

They continue to improve the software with frequent releases/updates (4 per year). Very good service. Employees seem to be passionate about delivering a great product and service to us and our employees.

What do you dislike?

Initial integration was a little bumpy, but we were partially responsible for that at my company.

Helped us move from paper based benefits enrollment to a modern, online platform. Has helped us comply with the ACA, submit 1095 and 1094 forms, etc. Better experience for our employees when enrolling in benefits.

Learn more about PlanSource

PlanSource Videos

Learning about PlanSource?

* We monitor all PlanSource reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.