Atera Reviews & Product Details

Atera Overview

What is Atera?

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one Remote IT Monitoring & Management (RMM) solution for MSPs & IT service providers. Atera includes everything you need and nothing you don't: full RMM, built-in PSA, free remote access, patch management, IT automation, alerts, helpdesk, ticketing, chat reports, billing and so much more! You can save $1,000's by switching to Atera today. With affordable fixed-cost pricing and unlimited devices, you can grow your IT service business with no extra costs. Try Atera for Free Today!

Atera Details
Discussions
Atera Community
German, English, French

Atera It is the only All-in-One SaaS Based software for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), combining remote monitoring and management (RMM), professional services automation (PSA) and remote control & support.

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one remote IT monitoring and management (RMM) solution for MSPs and IT service providers. With Atera you get everything you need in one place for an affordable fixed monthly cost. IT pros ave $1,000's by switching to Atera. Start your free 30-day trial today! No credit card needed.

Atera
Tel Aviv, Israel
@AteraCloud
818 Twitter followers

Atera Videos

Atera Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Atera community
Have you used Atera before?

Atera Reviews

Showing 116 Atera reviews
Already have Atera?
Principal Solutions Architect
Response from Dragoș Marar of Atera

Frank, thank you for the great and thorough video!

We are genuinely happy when Atera helps and inspires people around the world, and we are especially happy when they are vocal about it.

Here’s to many more years to come!

Co-Founder, President
What do you like best?

The monitoring tool is easy to create and install to endpoints. Atera allows us to create a file that can be shared with the client. It also has an option that allows us to directly share a URL that allows the client to download the file directly to their endpoint from my help website. This is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are way too many tools that could use some additional explanations. I'm sure that there are some good blog articles that might provide help, but I have not had time to research it. I need something quick and easy to help out. Maybe some videos that highlight how other agencies are implementing the Atera tools. I recently started using another platform to help me manage other parts of my business and they had something similar. These were short (less than ten minutes) videos that explained how different businesses were utilizing the tools within the system. It gave me real-world examples of how I might be able to use the system for my own business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I started off my business as a solo tech guy. Atera allowed me to work with more clients than I should have initially. With the ticketing system and monitoring tool, I was able to handle multiple clients with ease. Now that I have grown, it allows me to keep track of clients after situations have been handled. Tracking is essential for me as a business owner. I'm extremely happy that I found Atera. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dragoș Marar of Atera

Hey Mike, thank you for the thorough review, we very much appreciate your feedback!

Have you considered trying out our Atera Academy program? You can sign up and get started quickly, and it portrays all of our features and ways to integrate your workflow in Atera.

Our live chat support is also a great way to get accustomed to our product and get real-time answers from humans regardless of your curiosities or issues!

Open Discussions in Atera
What do you like best?

I really like the tools that are provided with Atera as they help enable our MSP business to become more efficient and able to spend more time with the customers than manually doing tickets, updates, appointments, reports, etc. The remote connection tool with Splashtop, Windows Updates, Third-Party Software integration, Reports, Machine Availability, Alerts, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no physical phone support but the live chat ability works fine most of the time but having phone support ability would be nice. That is all that dislike at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Atera is moving forward in the right direction always has and always will be as they are doing so much work to bring more to the table without changing their monthly price. They are releasing new updates and features every 3 weeks and have webinars through the year asking for our input on features and changes we would like to have put in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving ticketing, alerts, management, reports, monitoring, updating, and more. I realized all the benefits and more that are being released every 3 weeks is helping us more and more each and every day. Having the releases every 3 weeks and sometimes even more often it helps better my tasks that are needed to be done each and every day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dragoș Marar of Atera

Hey Matthew, thank you for the kind words!

Regarding phone calls, it is true that support is currently live-chat and email, but if you need phone guidance and general communication, you should contact your Customer Success Manager, and schedule a call with them!

Founder & Professional Geek
What do you like best?

We moved from Solarwinds to Atera about 6 months ago and even in that short time the platform has developed and improved. Atera listen to their users ideas and are very agile in their approach. The agent is easy to install, the ticketing system very slick and easy to manage for techs and end users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration not fully there. You have to log into a separate portal for the anti virus and back up. We need to see these alerts on the main dashboard. Patching could be better, sometimes when a PC is renamed the name doesn't update in the device list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Atera does 95% of other RMM platforms which are twice the cost. They are responsive to ideas and improving the platform all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ticketing and tracking of jobs.

Tracking block hours contracts

Ease of end of month billing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dragoș Marar of Atera

Thank you for the honest feedback, Enzo! We are constantly working on improving our integrations and general user experience.

Webroot has a more advanced integration level, while with Bitdefender we are just getting started!

Getting alerts on the main dashboard is a possibility that we will communicate with our partners, so thank you for the great idea!

DevOps / IT Manager
What do you like best?

Able to connect to my team's computers, get alerts on things I want to watch out for, and be able to offer quick and accurate assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of having to spend extra to be able to monitor Mac computers. Worth every dollar but really wish I could do that with the lower tiers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to solve issues with my team's software by remote viewing into their computers, offer assistance in downloading updates, and being able to monitor agents that are working from home. Having this system has the biggest benefit of letting my team work from anywhere and I can still offer the same IT support as if we were all in the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dragoș Marar of Atera

Hey Zachary, thank you for the feedback!

It is true that different features come at a higher tier, which is part of our upselling process. However, we take pride in the fact that we provide full RMM+PSA at every tier, rather than split them per tiers.

President
What do you like best?

Pricing model is so much more flexible than competitors, you pay per tech, not per device, so you can feel free to install it on every client. Once you have enough clients to cover the modest cost of the license, you start getting to keep all the profits. It is also simple and intuitive to use. Having features that you need to remember to use, may as well not exist. Atera has a clean uncluttered interface, with a logical layout, allowing you to find what you need and not burying you under a mountain of mostly useless features and data that just become visual noise. It gives me the tools I use and need, without wasting time and attention on things I might touch once a year if I even remember the "feature" was there.

I can find information on my clients quickly, the site is very responsive, it has integrations with products I am already using like Acronis and Webroot. And i can use my own icons for ticket reporting apps, and customer interactions. It includes splashtop remote access for client computers, and I can inventory a client's whole network. With custom scripts any niche feature I might get with a more expensive and complicated RMM is easily added in, and there are so many scripts available in the user community.

Everything I need without taking all my profits. What's not to love? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if the webroot integration was a little tighter and I didn't have to open my webroot portal at all. That is really my only complaint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used about a dozen RMM packages over the last 15 years. Atera is by far the best one for my small managed services business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can put the client software in place on every client, giving me remote access, and system information so even if they are not a monthly subscriber, and work on a break/fix time and materials model, I can still provide easy remote access services and is great for storing general client information in one spot so my subscribed clients and those that aren't can be viewed by techs in a single pane of glass. I have better visibility on my clients hardware, they can communicate more efficiently with me, and I have centralized, accessible storage for information for all my techs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Assistant
What do you like best?

Atera is easy to use and that combined with their great RMM features it makes the software a great experience. Monitoring networks and IT projects is easy and its all SaaS-based. Atera has a powerful design with powerful tools that can monitor multiple servers and it has one of the best IT automations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cost is too high for small teams that are not working in a big enterprise extent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I first started usig it, I thought it would be difficult to get used to it but thankfully, Atera provides a great learning guide to get started right away and I recommend to look through it as it is very helpful and will guide you through al the tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been using Atera for about 2.5 years now and it has consolidated perfectly with my workflow and the entire team. We're able to monitor client infomration, servers, RMM databases and train new employees as well as access IT assets and different inventories. I like that Atera offers these solutions at a level in which is high enough that it doesn't feel clunky or slow, and it's constantly being updated so I am pretty content that we're able to do all the things mentioned above without experiencing any trouble or security issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support
What do you like best?

What I like the most about this tool is that it is easy to use and that it comes with different types of Service Desk toolkits, it works very well, we can manage assets, reports, it has a good flexible interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a great tool even so it is not perfect, it has small problems in the ticket system, errors in the remote connectivity, it does not alphabetize the list of tickets, it would be good if it improved in all aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool that works very well and at low cost, easy to use, I highly recommend it, I hope it will be of great help to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is of great help in our day to day, we resolve all support requests using Atera, we monitor and automate, it gives us the ability to cover all IT needs, it is excellent and I hope it continues to be so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Atera is rich in features such as automatic patch management, PowerShell scripting and built in helpdesk. For a single internal IT person this tool is vital to my role. The support from Atera is quick and effect as well when you need help it is great having the live chat function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much i dislike about the product i have not found any faults or bug bearers with this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The issues i had was that my org was not bigger enough to take a second person on so i needed that second person with our hiring someone. Atera solved all the manual work i have to do when it comes to rolling patches and software out. Atera is also rich in reporting for those who need to give Senior management any reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Services Manager
What do you like best?

The sign up process was super simple and you can start using it out of the box on day one. Just deploy the agent and go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find any true downsides. There are features I would like to see but I know there is a development roadmap and new features are released every month or so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great product. Jut know what you need and realize that more features are coming all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TO a certain extent inventory management. Remote management. Automation. Etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Atera has a great per Agent pricing model, not a per device like a lot of other PSA / RMM clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be even better with better API's for integration with other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Atera is a Great RMM / PSA platform, with new features added all the time. It allow a single agent to look after over 300 devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Atera has made our work so much easier, with the ability to Remote into Both MAC and PC's. The Ability to script and automate Patches frees up a lot of time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AT
What do you like best?

I like the built in helpdesk option and that it allows me to customize how I am notified about tickets. I also like being able to distribute a custom agent that puts the clients into the correct customer once it's installed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The agent has problems installing on some PCs, for some reason some PCs will not run the agent even if we disable all antivirus and security software.

For the ones the agent is able to install sometimes there is difficulty connecting to a PC remotely, it takes a few tries to connect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to manage 100's of client PCs all from one console, it's a very fair price for everything that is offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Specialist
What do you like best?

The best part about Atera is it is multi-faceted. Not only is it a ticketing system, you can also use it to push out automated installations, windows updates, etc. Also the ability to monitor the systems connected to Atera for issues such as low toner and maintenance kits for printers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More granularity on alerts would be a nice addition. The fact we get an alert every time a server is stated as offline is somewhat bothersome. We could use a timer of more than 60 seconds to show that the server is really offline and not just a network blip. Atera does not yet support Chrome OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it. If you need an RMM solution there is no reason to look any further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving ticketing and billing problems with Atera. The ability to have a ticket time count in each ticket helps with clients understanding billing times tremendously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The software is stable and easy to use. It makes it quick and simple to setup and run for both techs and general users in remote offices. The web based admin panel makes it easy to access and use where ever we are while providing a solid level of security to be sure access our account is safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Atera is a growing platform. That means not everything you might find in the larger competitor's products are available. I have worked with may other products like Labtech, Kesaya, Solorwinds and Ninja RMM, they have more features, but that also comes at a cost and may be overkill for many service providers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well worth the time to at least test the platform. It is simple, growing and part of a very responsive community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth is not an issue with Atera. The simple, straight forward pricing structure makes out lives much easier. We are not concerned about having enough licenses for new clients or about paying for licenses we are not currently using. The flat fee is perfect and makes budgeting simple. The staff are also wonderful to deal with and that makes our lives much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I have tried Kaseya, Avast, and GFI and Atera is better than all of them. It is a simple, flat fee model that doesn't charge extra for servers. It is web based, secure, and can be customized. The scripting is really good and the remote patching is a real time saver. The integration with splashtop is far more reliable than the terrible RD that Kaseya uses, and is a lot faster to connect than Avast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it is pretty terrible than Atera is charging extra for network discovery. That should be included in the base price. I refuse to pay extra for something that SHOULD BE INCLUDED. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please use my referral link for a discount when you sign up for Atera https://www.atera.com/r/?z2LoCguAAF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

"Help Desk" is much easier with Atera, I can very quickly log in with the client to "see what they see" and send scripts from my end to fix problem. It is fast, reliable and practical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Features like cmd scripts services user activity like cmd, service manager, software inventory, remote install Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

slow loading on the tickets page, sometimes Splashtop services need to be restarted

sometimes need to restart the Splashtop service in order to remote connect

maybe if you can add more features and options that would be great

also if you can increase the speed of loading, also if you can include internal templates for replying on tickets with automatically detect the name when sending a reply, also if you add a second slot for another pc on the contact it would be great because the contact sometimes has more than one pc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great Ticketing system with a lot of features and utilities if you want to bye it, go-ahead

you will definitely enjoy it and you will find it very useful especially if you are trying to work on multiple remote computers with different locations and different customers it is the best solution for you,

if you want to get your customers all in one place with a different setting and different assets and different devices that is the best solution for you, also the support is very responsive, they can reply in just a few minutes and go to the point directly

its a matter of what feature do you really need and how much of customers you are going to deal with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

mostly all windows software issues, sometimes third-party applications, server issues

remote management remote monitor

the benefits are all the integrated features for the devices and PC's without connecting to it I would like to see more of those features on the devices page Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Good price point, easy to use and easy to install on endpoints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One downside to Atera so far is the mobile app. Whenever you sign in you need to redo the two-factor authentication, would be nice to be able to use face id on IOS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Don't need to run around to every department to fix issues, can just remote in from my desk. Very helpful given the current COVID situation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

No per device pricing like most other RMM offerings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but they have recently released on on-boarding series of videos to get up to speed very quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Per tech pricing is a far better model than a per device pricing model, saved us thousands of dollars the first year alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By switching to Atera and pulling patch management and remote access from a MSP we are saving a little over $15,000.00 per year.

We manage workstation and server patching, automated reboots, endpoint monitoring and remote access all in-house now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The ability to assist our Customers remotely with ease, especially during these times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, we sometimes have some alert messages which are not particularly relevant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have tried other systems and Atera is very easy in comparison and we like the way it is priced on a per Technician basis Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to explain and assist Users with issues.

Ability to deploy Work from Home during lockdown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

The ingenuity & constant update of the software is remarkable. The software is extremely simple so everyone can use and understand. The immidiate assistance is top of the line and really helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for days for new features to be released Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I manage all of my organization in one platform that can preform almost anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Ease of use and intuitive design. Helps me manage my companies computers in one convenient location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Time entries are a bit cumbersome and could be better integrated with ticketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patch management and remote access for Help Desk have been great with Atera. Easy to manage Webroot AV also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dragoș Marar of Atera

Thank you for the honest feedback! We are constantly working on streamlining the PSA side of Atera!

IT Director
What do you like best?

Quite easy to use. I am able to access my PC's remotely from anywhere. This allows me to easily work from home or on the road. My Webroot SAS is also integrated in the Atera dashboard for ease of access. I also like the built in automation features that allow for automation of updates and various tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues with the streamer not connecting. This is usually due to it not being up to date. I have issues with certain automated tasks not completing. This may or may not be contributed to Atera. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to manage my multiple locations from anywhere I am with a decent internet connection. The cost vs benefit has been excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tecnico Informatico
What do you like best?

The licensing model, based on a per technician basis instead of per endpoint like almost all others Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some feature are still under development, like the linux agent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Atera to manage almost all our helpdesk business. Ticketing, monitoring, remote control, patching, scripting and reporting integrated in the same web application give us a complete control of all customer's servers and endpoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Pricing model is solid for a well rounded suite of applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ticketing system and reporting need improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Research exactly what you need in an RMM tool before settling on one and stick to it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote monitoring and management. Accessing remote client desktops and server hardware. Patching and automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Atera makes it very easy to manage a wide number of customers, and integrate ticketing with device management. We've found the automated ticketing system to be easy to implement, and the fact that we can tie tickets to specific agents, makes our workflow very simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently you can setup multiple Helpdesk emails within Atera for ticketing, but we'd love the option to utilize multiple brands within one Atera account. The leadership team was open to this feedback, and we're hoping they'll consider adding this feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Atera has made it easy to integrate RMM, ticketing, and remote support all in one tool. We have been able to consolidate three separate subscriptions all into one, with Atera. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.