What do you like best?
I have been using TeamViewer from several years to share screen and computer controls with my friends and family. I have tried several other applications in past but nothing beats TeamViewer specially for personal uses.
• Easy to share screen and controls
• Uses simple pin that you need to share with your friends to be able to see your screen.
• Allows you to give access to control your machine - obviously this requires giving permission, its not turned on by default when screen is shared
What do you dislike?
• All users need to have same version of application. If I want to share my screen with my friends or family, they need to use the same version as I am. Otherwise it will prompt you to download the latest one.
• You need to to have a seperate way to share the pin with the other user, at least for the firs time. For future screen shares, you have the option to save and name them.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
While there are certainly several other applications out there which allows screen share but either most of them are paid or do not allow control sharing.Overall:
Some other applications that I have tried so far are - Skype for business, Amazon Chime, Google Hangout. Most of them are meant only for business uses and could be expensive. TeamViewer is a perfect free to use application for personal uses and if I would have to buy one for enterprise usage - this will definitely be one on my list!
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
To collaborate with peers, friends and family. Share screen and access while screen share.
Its pretty easy to use, no gimmicks, no issues, just download, install and start collaboration!