TeamViewer Reviews & Product Details

TeamViewer Overview

What is TeamViewer?

As a leading global provider of remote connectivity solutions, TeamViewer empowers users to connect anything, anywhere, anytime. The company offers secure remote access, support, control, and collaboration capabilities for online endpoints of any kind. By innovating with cutting-edge yet easy-to-deploy Augmented Reality (AR) and Internet of Things (IoT) implementations, the company enables businesses of all sizes to tap into their full digital potential. TeamViewer has been activated on more than 2 billion devices; up to 45 million devices are online at the same time. Founded in 2005 in Goppingen, Germany, the company employs more than 800 people in offices across Europe, the United States, and Asia Pacific. For more information, go to https://www.teamviewer.com/and follow us on social media.

TeamViewer Details
Arabic, Czech, Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

Easy-to-use remote support and access software that lets you securely connect to and monitor desktop-to-desktop, desktop-to-mobile, mobile-to-mobile, or to unattended devices like servers and IoT devices from anywhere.

TeamViewer remote support solutions offers significantly wider coverage than other competitors of mobile devices, operating systems and IoT devices on the market today.

One important purchase criterion is cross-device functionality with full administration and control rights, which is relevant to enable these many connectivity use cases. Remote control of desktop PCs, servers, mobile phones, tablets and mini-computers and controllers are key for all advanced mobile support and IoT use cases.

While ease-of-use is highly subjective and heavily depends on the use case, TeamViewer has shown several measurable user experience advantages. This includes the fastest time-to-connect (amongst the most prominent connection type, Windows-to-Windows computers across wide-area-networks (WAN), read: internet connections), as well as the quickest file transfer rate.

TeamViewer

TeamViewer Reviews

Showing 1,979 TeamViewer reviews
Showing 1,979 reviews
Already have TeamViewer?
What do you like best?

I had been using the free version for years to access other computers in my house. For medical reasons I need to move around. Team viewer allowed me to access the same data from one computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Team viewer flagged me as possible commercial use and made me fill out paperwork showing that I was not using it for commercial use. They reset my account allowing me to continue using it. Months later I was flagged again and my account was disabled again. After multiple attempts to contact them and emails with paperwork attached to rectify the issue I am still not able to use the free version and no one has replied to my requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not sure how well the paid version is but the fee version support is lacking. First time I had issued the response was quick and the issue was solved. The second time I have had no support response. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DBA of SQL
What do you like best?

It is suitable for listed firms, small- to medium-sized businesses, and big companies, who are considering implementing consumer service solutions and IT support. Help computer viewers from every platform as if next to it. Using hardware acceleration to speed up remote image processing. Flexible job queue, which helps you to search for transiting data. It can be used on any computer and is completely secured. Connections between systems such as Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, and Linux are also assured. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Previously, there were technical support scams and ransomware infections in Surprise, but they also strengthened the infrastructure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TeamViewer is ISO 27001 compliant and completely compliant with HIPAA and SOC2, "SOC2" reports on internal controls such as system stability, availability, processing accuracy, confidentiality, and privacy. "Team Viewer" complies with the HIPAA Act, which stipulates the promotion of computerization of medical information and the preservation of associated privacy and security guarantees. Therefore the customer should appreciate the latest safety condition. It helps you to connect directly to users and desktop servers from anywhere with a 3G Internet connection or higher. You can chat, make voice calls, video chat, slate, send and receive files, etc., also in ignored or inactive mode. You will help actively clients and staff who are at home or on a business trip. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The assistance infrastructure benefits in contrast with other programs. It assists you as if you were at your side, without an expiry date. Efficient support, operating support includes a premium or higher license. Achieves a versatile file switch. You can remotely view and monitor it anywhere with a 3G or higher Internet connection. Remotely help as if you were addressing problems on the move. You can monitor personal entry, monitor with a video camera, motion detection, and monitor 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. In addition, the data center can only be reached by individuals authorized by the on-site security staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in TeamViewer
Director Of Operations
What do you like best?

It really is the best tool to remotely access other devices. TeamViewer has a robust and easy to understand interface. I really like it because it also allows online meetings and it's great to be connected with other people at any time.

A big draw is that files can be efficiently transferred from one computer to another and this really helps when it comes to providing any remote technical service, which translates into better communication and support for decisions and growth of business.

It can be used for free and configured for better performance based on your device and Internet connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really little disadvantage I can say about this tool, however its security level can be a bit weak since just by having the ID and password of a user, you can access your computer without any permission and this is really worrying. Also, if the connection is lost, the remote assistance goes down, because it completely depends on the Internet connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend configuring your devices to get the best performance from your remote assistance. It is even necessary to record while maintaining your session so that you can replay the meeting at some other time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is the best tool for our company because it allows us to be connected with colleagues and clients and remotely help them resolve their concerns. Personally, I like it very much because I save hours of moving to other places to provide my technical service, it is enough just to have a device and an internet connection to give my help to whoever needs it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales
What do you like best?

Teamviewer is a great personal remote solution. I've used it for years to remotely control my work station from home as well as my iPad. It's really easy to install and use. Great if your at home and need files off your work computer that is cloud synced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's free for personal use but a cost for professional use. It would be great to have it free for professional use but I think my pros would use a bit more secure platform. The cost for the pro version can be a bit high, so it's makes it not worth buying that version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for personal use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I able to remote into my PC from home without going through a lot of security setup and installations. I'm able to use this secure platform pretty quick to do what I need from home. So files are not cloud based and live on the desktop which causes problems when they need to be accessed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Specialist
What do you like best?

A great advantage that I love about this application is the ability to record sessions and then play them back and this is essential to verify that a technical support task has been carried out or to have physical proof of work.

I like that today the ability of this tool is essential to manage client computers through remote assistance and provide a better technical service.

I can add that it contains a user-friendly interface and allows heavy file transfer between devices without interrupting the remote session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The main disadvantage of this application is that if the Internet connection is lost, the remote assistance is lost immediately.

The account and password are random, and although this helps security, it can be a negative point if there is an automatic change in the password and the other person is not at the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Teamviewer allows you to configure the tastes and needs of each user. I highly recommend giving more importance to speed than graphic quality.

Maintaining a good Internet connection is essential to avoid the inconvenience of losing remote assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For my company it is essential to be in constant contact with our clients and through Teamviewer the remote control is perfect for this, since you can get a perfect and fast job.

The main benefit is saving time going from one place to another, because simply having an Internet connection can help you achieve a successful job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The companies willingness to work with me! (not) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems if you miss your auto renew date and haven't cancelled by mail (no notifications until it is too late) you will automatically be charged for another year. I called an a rude young man expained I had not cancelled in writing before the date so I was locked in for another year. Really? If you have a client that no longer wants your service you won't let them cancel? Just take $588 for something that is not wanted? No notice, no grace period, just hammer the credit card you used last year? If this is how they do businss I want no part, and you shouldn't either! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on the problem that Teamviewer just charged me for a year that I do not want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Hotel & Meetings Category Strategist
What do you like best?

Mainly I must emphasize that its greatest utility is to provide quick, effective and very simple technical assistance, doing all this from a distance. This is what I like the most, since we use it for private or commercial use, it is always capable of solving the different technical problems that a client may encounter.

I also like the option of online meetings and presentations, since it is possible to create or attend new meetings where we will present the presentations through the screen.

A short list of the most relevant features:

- Record our movements in a video file.

- Invite more participants to visualize what we are doing.

- Enable file transfer.

- Enable the microphone.

- Enable webcam.

- Make a call.

- Enable a chat.

- Lock or restart the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like all digital services, Teamviewer also has drawbacks or negative points, among which I can mention are; If you do not have an Internet connection, it is impossible to use this service. The file transfer speed can sometimes be very slow, even when you have a stable Internet connection and sometimes it presents accesses not allowed by unknown users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although TeamViewer works great by default, I recommend that to get the most out of it, you really need to take a look at all your options. Go to Extras - Options and check the side tabs from General to Advanced to set the most appropriate options for your computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most common problems that I have been able to solve through this tool is the interaction with clients remotely to configure their teams and guide them so that they have a better management of their projects. The main benefit for my company is constant online contact with the entire work team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about this software is firstly the interface and the security it provides. It is in the market since a long time and there is no better option available for this. You can communicate with voice and share your screen that will have you to easily resolve your issue. I can also be used for a presentation or a meeting they have included this in their latest update where two or more people can join a meeting. But the best thing I like is the remote control feature which stand it out from others. It just works flawlessly and helps you in various kind of situations. An addition feature of Teamviewer is file sharing where you can share files between both the devices upto 2 GB. Also it is has a web based interface and also available for both mobile phones and desktop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much that I dislike about this software. But I have found out that their customer support is poor but I have never been in any situation where I need their customer support so I cannot say more about this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would surely recommend others to use this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teamviewer solves my many problem time to time like when I have to build a project and the libraries are not installed on my system and I need to use my friend system who is far away from me. In these type of situations it help me a lot. Other than that if someone get stuck somewhere and they need my help this is the best medium to solve their issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Amazon GO - SDE
What do you like best?

What I like about this fabulous program is that I can have control of computers that are not close to me and that are anywhere in the world, you only need an internet connection and synchronize the computers through a code which makes the program is not very complex and that anyone with little knowledge of technology can use. I also like the fact that the program is not very heavy and it does not consume many computer requirements Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It really is a very complete program in terms of its services of being able to manipulate other devices at a distance, which is why I have nothing bad to say about this program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation for everyone is to keep using this program to access and manipulate computers in the distance in such a way that they can avoid leaving home and working in the distance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is without a doubt a program that has given me positive solutions since with the solving situations of the company even when I am in the distance. Likewise, it is beneficial in general terms since I can obtain information from the company's equipment and control them while even away from them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desktop Engineer
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to remote in to my PC from my phone on the go and into friends and family who need IT support. This tool has been been essential during COVID to help my parents with tech issues and friends and family. It is very easy to use. I was able to walk my 93 yr old grandpa who lives in assisted living Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the timeout on the phone wasn't 15 seconds but at least there is a way to quickly get back on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to access my computer from anywhere with an internet signal is really handy. I have also been able to provide IT support to friends and family during COVID which has been really great. I have also used it from time to time with work when a PC or Mac is having trouble with our normal remote support program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Intern
What do you like best?

What I liked about the team viewer application is the possibility of being able to manage computers when it is away from them is very useful because we can also obtain information and even carry out actions through a computer in the distance, however what is most I like this program is that it is very stable when making the connection or synchronization between devices, which makes the program not very complex Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Team viewer is a program that meets my expectations, which is why there are no features that I dislike and in this sense I have nothing negative to say about this program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Generally this program is recommended by most of its users since it complies with its services to the letter without generating inconvenience and controversies that cause prejudice, that is why I openly recommend it for all those people who need to obtain and manipulate a device a computer that is not within reach due to the distance, thus achieving efficient control by simply synchronizing the computers and maintaining a stable connection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the use of this program, problems and inconveniences are solved when we do not have or do not have the company's computers near us, which through this program we maintain total control of all the company's equipment even when we are far from it. . way of maintaining good service and quality of the company by establishing a good operation at all times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
What do you like best?

TeamViewer just works. I rarely have issues with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While the software itself is free to download, you are consistently asked whether your use case is for-profit or not and reminded that if you are using TeamViewer to make money, you need to buy the software. Not the worst paywall out there, to be sure, but the nagging does get old after a while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TeamViewer is great if all I need to do is have quick remote access to a machine I control. I also use TeamViewer to assist friends and family members with tech-related support. I love that I can provide a quick URL for them to download the client software, then they simply give me the code to connect easily to their device. Works like a charm, with the side-benefit that they are now setup to always allow me into their PC for future troubleshooting needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Development Lead
What do you like best?

I have managed to reduce the amount of support work through TeamViewer, it is easy to use and very dynamic when using the tools. The interface is skillful and very useful, it is not slow and has the ability to share files. I stay connected with people, it's very novel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it depends directly on the Internet, it is not very feasible when connecting through unstable connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very solid has been the software will help you to be a little more direct when doing many tests with other devices or to achieve a very good communication between customers. I simply liked it very much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very important to activate the interaction, the support is totally efficient and gives a very wide appreciation of the optimization needs of the customers. It certainly offers and determines each experience to an authentic working mode, where file sharing and manipulation of other devices is key to move forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior National Account Manager
What do you like best?

I have used this team viewer program for more than 5 years and what I like and like is the ease and attractiveness of the software to perform and manage full and comprehensive control of a device or computer that is far or distant thus managing to solve our problems. I also like this program because it is attractive and it is not complicated when synchronizing and pairing the computers, it is enough to set the code to synchronize it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the use of team viewer I have realized that it is a software that complies with the service it provides in its entirety which I am very satisfied and do not generate any displeasure or negative experiences at the time I use them, that is why I have nothing bad to mention about this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Team viewer is the program that I recommend the most for all those people who need to manage and have control of a team that is far or far away to solve work or educational problems through this wonderful tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Positive and numerous results have been obtained in our company because, through team viewer, problems that are far away have been solved and due to the situation we are experiencing, we cannot move, we are unable to continue offering our services in the distance with the help of team viewer controlling Thus, each of the company's computers and equipment from the comfort of home by simply synchronizing the computers and maintaining a stable internet connection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Teamviewer is an easy to use tool out of the box, and with a few clicks you are ready to use it.

The installation takes place in a very short time and is very intuitive, and the connection with another client PC is really simple and intuitive.

The general fluidity is striking and security is guaranteed by a random password at each software start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The license is not compulsory, but after a while it brutally closes the connection with the other PC asking you to buy the license. I would rather it were less brutal in this operation of verifying the presence of license. Sometimes the video or audio freezes despite a good connection available from both connected parties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe anyone should use Teamviewer. Easy, intuitive, free (with limitations), and simply essential! Everything you need to do assistance in one place! Paying for the license entitles you to numerous features that you will find you cannot do without.

The fact that after a while the session is brutally closed if you don't pay the license is not very nice though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to team viewer I can easily connect with people who need help even on the other side of the world allowing me in a simple and effective way to help anyone, and that's exactly what I love about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

You can use this software for free so whoever you are tying to screen share with does not have to purchase the software before using it. Also beneficial if you dont use screen sharing software constantly at work just need to use it from time to time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes after a while it does not allow free use between two computers that have been connecting to each other for prolonged periods of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Especially during COVID times, but also on a regular basis use when you have to do things remotely this software is quick to set up on any computer and easy to use. Additionally if you need to remote control your own computer outside of your office this software allows you to do that with ease. Especially helpful when traveling internationally and still need to access your desktop computer remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The software is okay, but has fallen far behind many other solutions. The company would do well to focus more on developing its solutions and less on legally torturing customers who want to leave. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their policies around annual renewal are a disgrace, they have pro actively used a global pandemic and exploited lockdowns by insisting on only sending paper correspondence which they know people simply cannot recieve in time. Disgusting practice. They then auto renew the account, point at their policies (send physically as a letter) and enact legal proceedings. A great way to absolutely ensure you lose customers and create reviews like this. Slow clap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not, there are many better solutions in the market who will not behave in the manner that Teamviewer does towards customers. They seem desperate for revenue, desperate enough to alienate people who have been long term customers which tells its own tale. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, we rejected their last quote for renewal as they would not remove elements we dont use from the quote. Their sales are as incompetent as their retention it seems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.