App Annie

3.8

App Annie is the standard in app analytics and app market data, giving you one easy-to-use platform for running every stage of your app business.

Work for App Annie?

Learning about App Annie?

App Annie Reviews

Ask App Annie a Question
Showing 22 App Annie reviews
App Annie review by Jamie K.
Jamie K.

"Great asset for data analytics!"

What do you like best?

App Annie is a great tool to get into knowledge of how your apps are getting data and how this data is making their performance among your apps in order to get things in order within your business and sales revenue as well. Its free use makes it pretty reliable and user-friendly at the same time. Developers of this innovate software take the data analytics to the next level and that’s something to take in notice.

What do you dislike?

What I really don’t like about this software is the fact that technical support or even a sales representative weren’t able to tell me how to fix certain bugs that App Annie were giving me trouble last month and I had to look for a third-party solution that fix all the bugs for me in order to keep my things in order and have a strong base to give an answer to the clients and my superiors as well. But overall this software is a great asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those who are into the app developing business, App Annie is the best shot you have for the analysis and overseeing of your performance while you’re developing and gearing apps through time, and for that reason I highly recommend this incredible solution that is available on the market to all developers out there.

Development issues and performance glitches are being solved thanks to this incredible data analytics solution. Also, our clients and third-party providers are getting better results by using this incredible solution within their business and their tasks among their enterprises and companies as well.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about App Annie
App Annie review by Hussein S.
Hussein S.

"Good tool for market analysis and store optimization"

What do you like best?

App Annie is an app ranking platform that integrates with Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon and Windows Store. One of its best features is the App Annie Index that ranks apps in terms of revenue, ratings, rankings and download statistics. Other features that stand our are the ability to compare revenue from in-app purchases versus advertisements inside the app.

App Annie sends daily or weekly emails with statistics on the performance of our applications. The dashboard allows us to track the performance of all our apps from one screen. The tool also allows us to access historical information such as app rankings, making it easy for us to do a competitive analysis on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike here. One thing that I would like to see is statistics on users who share the app within the respective stores.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

App Annie has some very easy instructions and guided walkthroughs. Be sure to spend some time going through the documentation and understanding what the tool is capable of.

App Annie has allowed us to gain insights into the performance of marketing efforts. We use the tool to track downloads and reviews and use this information to tweak our marketing.

What Mobile App Analytics solution do you use?

App Annie review by Jesus P.
Jesus P.

"App Annie, The charm is in the simple."

What do you like best?

App Annie is a very simple application to use, shows the value of an application for example Play Store, Instagram, how much is the approximation of advertising profits which is very helpful for the market analysis and to carry out a marketing campaign to promote a product, the truth, the charm is in the simple.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that displeases the application, it is simple, fast and efficient, it has a defined use and it is just what it claims to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For all those who want to launch a product, publicize a brand, advertise an image, App Annie is ideal, how much can you earn? App Annie answers those questions.

App Annie does more than a marketing plan is more elaborate, with fewer failures and greater momentum. It helps define a good plan, with profit goals, and more analyzable statistics.

App Annie review by Juan G.
Juan G.

"Get your answers marketing answers here"

What do you like best?

Great tool to get some insight into your apps performance, very easy to use and user friendly, plus I always love when a company lets you start for free so that you know if it is a good fit for your company

What do you dislike?

I wouldve liked a more customizable pricing option. I like everything about the platform, it is just a bit pricey for a small business trying to grow. I understand how fortune 500 companies don't mind the extra spending and maybe those companies are their target customer, but it would be great to make it more competitive for small business owners or hopeful business owners

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for the trial version and see for yourself if it is a good fit, it is always advisable to talk to sales and land a good deal depending on your company's needs, definitely a good platform and delivers on what they advertise, just make sure it is worth it

So many answers regarding your marketing, your user base and performance that are otherwise hard to learn. It makes the process of knowing how to acquire new customers easier. I've always had a hard time calculating the company's customer acquisition cost but appannie makes this and many other tasks easier

App Annie review by Javier J. H.
Javier J. H.

"Great Free App Analytical Tool"

What do you like best?

App Annie is a great tool to check all the stats regarding your app. Their information is free and accurate and it has a lot of different metrics regarding the performance of your app or even your advertisement. Data such as downloads and revenue are just one click away.

What do you dislike?

To upgrade to a Premium version is very expensive. Also, all the data is pretty much in a certain way if that way is not useful for you or if you want more information that is not there AppAnnie won't provide it for you or it would be really hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a start-up and want to use their free version, you won't get anything better on the market than App Annie.

On my previous job AppAnnie helped us with all the analysis of the performance of our App. We really relayed on this tool to make important business decisions.

App Annie review by Derek D.
Derek D.

"My App Annie review!"

What do you like best?

The greatest thing about App Annie are the perks you have and the evolution of your business. It has the best graphical interface. It's really easy to use so everyone can check the app marketplace. You can track competitive markets to know what to do with your business and get better.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of boring things with the app so it becomes a bad work-life balance and the other thing they don't really respect the employee. I did try to contact the support and It takes a lot of time to get a reply so they should reply more faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you,re looking for an easy app to use and to check analysis then this is your product.

I have solved many problems with this app as analysis and management.

App Annie review by User

"You can not miss it when creating an App"

What do you like best?

Hard question, if I have to lean towards a specific tool should be by, competitiveness research and testing of devices. It is what I take into account when using a tool of this type, to know if my App will have a good response in the market.

What do you dislike?

I am not one of the people who complain about everything, every program, tool and software present problems, but so far everything has been totally pleasant. Thank you

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are developing an app, annie is the best solution for monitoring, researching and analyzing the apiccion, very complete and effective.

I wanted to implement an App, for the distribution of food and catering products, with prices, product descriptions among others, thanks to annie App I was able to carry out a test of my application and what future I will have in the market, it has provided a complete analysis of the application and thus give me to understand what is the path to recover.

App Annie review by Jon A.
Jon A.

"The premier app sales site"

What do you like best?

Automatic sales reporting from the major mobile app stores.

Historical sales rankings for lifetime of app.

Love that it covers Apple, Google Play, and Amazon (and Microsoft).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes gets glitchy. Last week we had an issue where we'd get emails with Amazon sales figures but the website wouldn't show those same figures. (Note that in general Amazon sales figures are glitchy as hell on their side though.) On rare occasions App Annie fails to update for a long time after sales figures are available.

Daily email(s) with our app sales. Keeps us informed about our revenue with minimal effort.

Historical sales rankings help us do competitive research and estimate our overall performance vs. the rest of the market.

App Annie review by User

"High Level Metrics & App Store Tracking"

What do you like best?

It’s great for high level metrics like installs and the like, as well as tracking your apps movement within the Apple/Google Play stores. Very easy to navigate and track your movement overall and within your category.

What do you dislike?

We continue to use another analytics tool for our in-depth app tracking. We link all 3rd party vendors and marketing channels to another analytics tool, simply because they offer more in-depth data.

It allows us to easily monitor movement in each App Store and layer things like locations and categories to see exactly where we fall and how we’ve trended over time.

App Annie review by 佳亮 .
佳亮 .

"Almost everything you need for mobile analytics"

What do you like best?

App Annie provides massive information about mobile app data, in the perspective of downloads, reviews and store ranking. Besides you can also use it for in-app analytics for more detailed usage info. All those data can be reviewed in various forms including many kinds of charts and diagrams.

What do you dislike?

The pricing, of course, is an issue. Many useful features are not available for free users. However there is currently no other company much like App Annie. I wouldn't say price is really a "problem" for those who have the needs.

App Annie is basically all about data. All the data are truly useful for sale and manager persons to improve the quality of products.

App Annie review by Iram R.
Iram R.

" It provides competitive information on downloads, revenue. "

What do you like best?

It helps support decision making for app marketing spend optimization, partnering and investment strategies.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of advertisemet that are displayed through out the app.

All the data is pretty much in a certain way if that way is not useful for you or if you want more information that is not there AppAnnie won't provide it for you or it would be really hard to find.

App Annie review by User in Information Technology and Services

"App Annie Review"

What do you like best?

App Annie is a nice free app to check the statistisfs regarding different apps. The information is accurate and precise. It is also really nice to track the performance and the apps on my smartphone. It allows me to check reviews which is also a bonus.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost to update it to premium.

Sometimes it also freezes which is inconvenient

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great app to use if you want to track usability and perfomance of other applications on your smartphone device. Overall I recommend it.

There are no business problems that I am solving at the moment.

App Annie review by Jessica G.
Jessica G.

"Becoming a Must-Have!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can track revenue, daily ratings, and checking reviews super easily. I can stay on top of all pertinent information I need to access quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not really anything to dislike - other than you just have to pay for more information you want to access.

Solving the need for one place to view stats, reviews, and rankings.

App Annie review by Cam G.
Cam G.

"A Must-Have SEO Tool for Any SMB With an App"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to get started, adding every platform our app is on was a piece of cake, and the initial compilation of downloads, keywords, etc, was very quick.

Keyword movement over time is easy to keep track of, and seeing what countries drive the most downloads in each store is very useful for mobile ad campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. Provides pretty much all the functionality one could hope for in an easy to use interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check date ranges as you switch apps and tools within AppAnnie, I find that sometimes I'll be looking at data from a different date range than I anticipated after switching views.

App Annie review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Helps with the apps analytical things"

What do you like best?

It brings a lot of information together in one place. You have a lot of data at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if you could see people using your app or sharing with a friend/ colleague .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing , works well

One log in for both android and apple application info.

App Annie review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Ok app but still needs work."

What do you like best?

I recently tried using this app to beach out and find some new solutions to work with on upcoming projects. I used App Annie for a week and wasn’t too impressed. Had issues navigating the app, setting up, and mostly crashing. Seems like it could work great for other people but for the time being, not for me yet.

What do you dislike?

Crasging of the app really stopped me from doing anything with it.

Just branching out and finding easier solutions to use with upcoming projects.

App Annie review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"One of the best analytics tool"

What do you like best?

It allows to track my app downloads, revenues, rankings and reviews across multiple platforms. The Dashboard is clear and well done, I can see immediately what I need and I can filter the report data by App, Country and Platform.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay if you need somethings more than the Store Stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's perfect for App Store stats and revenue.

App Store stats, analytics and downloads.

App Annie review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"App install lookup"

What do you like best?

It’s fairly accurate in its estimates of revenue and installs

What do you dislike?

It’s too expensive for most companies to pay for since they charge for all countries. Most apps are not going to be available for a few countries only...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider it if you have budget otherwise cheaper solutions out there

Trying to figure out what competitors are doing and who they are. Makes it easy to find them if you see their performance in app Annie

App Annie review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great App Analyics Software"

What do you like best?

Gain valuable competitive and market insights across app downloads, revenue, usage, engagement, and advertising metrics. Really Helps Boost organic and paid mobile user acquisition results by enhancing your app store optimization and maximizing advertising spend.

What do you dislike?

Overall does exactly what it is supposed to do, the program is great all around

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Product

It provides great tracking of app downloads, Revenue and usage

App Annie review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"great application for any business! "

What do you like best?

App Annie allows me to gain insight on engagement on my business website

What do you dislike?

A little bit difficult to learn how to use, but once you learn it's beyond worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time to learn how to use the app!

I can see what is working with my business and what isn't

App Annie review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Powerful analytic system"

What do you like best?

We used App Annie for tracking your competitors and data from app stores

What do you dislike?

It is expensive for small developers. UX is too overloaded

Research in competitive markets, saving budgets for marketing campaigns

App Annie review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

Daily ratings and easy to check for reviews for all app stores.

What do you dislike?

nothing I would dislike about this app. Everything seems great!

user reviews and status.

Learning about App Annie?

* We monitor all App Annie reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.