Forrester Reviews & Product Details

Forrester Overview

What is Forrester?

Forrester provides proprietary research, consumer and business data, custom advisory and consulting, events, online communities and executive programs globally.

Forrester Details

Showing 12 Forrester reviews
Location
Already have Forrester?
Quality Scientist
What do you like best?

The review portfolio was very comprehensive. The 15-page report not only did field research, recommended platforms but also stated references for the research.

The study was over Governance, Risk, and Compliance platforms which were used in choosing solutions in this area. We continued to reference the material in reviewing other needs for our company.

Another area we used Forrester's services was evaluating how to define metrics around our IT competency to better manage portfolio performance. At the time we had a simplistic approach to managing incoming demand for IT services. We used Forresters studies to develop a new strategy in aligning demand to business strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only miss here was, we didn't enroll in follow up studies. In this area, there was much new and emerging software at the time and had switched between multiple vendors and services. At the time we were looking for a bit more context that was a little more relevant to our business.

The comparatives covered a broad spectrum of industries. Some industry context or perspective would have also helped because not all industries have the same needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of research companies emerging in this space. Forrester is an established company that should be considered as part of a set for market research on a topic.

For deeper dives into particular industry solutions, I would seek to complement Forrester's research.

The part of Forrester we used was market research services which were not delivered as part of software at the time. The service received was a portfolio in document/pdf form.

We conducted the research over 5 years ago but find the content still relative today in the area of Governance, Risk, and Compliance platforms. Which gives us trust in the research that was delivered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were evaluating governance, risk, and compliance platform capabilities to see if it was a good fit for our current needs. We also wanted to determine if this was an area worthy of pursuing based on risk profiles for the next 5 to 10 years.

We received enough information to determine there were other priorities needed to be served first and that we would need to return back to this area in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Forester thoroughly analyzes and researches everything from IT to Marketing, to eComm to Digital transformation. I rely on their expertise and have acquired an immense amount of accurate knowledge about a particular trend or industry. Forrester stays true to its principles around customer obsession & the age of the customer and using this to help businesses prosper and adapt their strategies to meet the constant changes based on customer insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Certain studies they conduct could be simpler to grasp and understand. I appreciate the diligence put in every study or white paper, but it’s very time-consuming. But I do like the key takeaways and overview they provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want unbiased, accurate, and up to date research, Forrester will check all those boxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’ve used their research to help inform and educate not only myself but both my current customers as well as prospective customers. When I share a trend they need to pay attention to, it’s helps it’s coming from a credible source. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the product helped with:

It help me stay on budget and gives me information I need Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It a fast easy company to use and get to know how to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really it very simple and easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We used Forrester to research upcoming market trends and industry hot spots for our 2018 product roadmap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Forrester gives summaries of the information they have learned, so that we have guidance on key takeaways. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the site search. It takes a good bit of reading over an article to make sure it really does pertain to your topic of research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PA
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Great business solving way to get it handled and fine right without worrying about failing . Definitely a must for businesses . Won't disappoint Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy and user friendly . Prompt to and effective easy as always . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tech support not really anything to dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PM
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

This product helped keep me and my team organized, stayed on task, and helped us grow the business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That it helps you strategize and also with organizational goals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I disliked with this product/service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I find Forrester very educational providing deep insights int industry leaders in many business areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The lists of strengths and weaknesses and analysis of future potential industry outlier leaders to keep an eye on.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports seem to be lacking in depth of review and need further development and should be longer. In length as a result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test out sample reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CMO
What do you like best?

Forrester provides some information about the industries and technology I need, but never full information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately reports by Forrester are not sufficient when it comes to knowledge about particular industries or technology. I'd expect the reports to be more thorough and detailed, especially on the smaller and mid-sized providers. Trustworthiness of reports is somewhat doubtful, as it seems only companies paying to partner with Forrester get featured in their reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unless you are aiming for Enterprises, look elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was trying to get a complete background on the technology and industries.

I was also trying to introduce to Forrester the background on technology that my company provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing
What do you like best?

I use all sorts of Forrester reports but really find the product reviews helpful. They do a nice overview of companies in all different categories which helps us make decisions on potential partnerships and vendors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, it's been a good experience. They don't have everything I need but they do a great job with the areas they specialize in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PC
What do you like best?

Love the team at Forrester. The primary analyst who covers our space has been a pleasure to work with, which isn't always the case with analysts. We also ran a couple of webinars with Forrester, which not only drove lead gen, but helped us position our solution as a leader in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give Forrester a look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director - Web Development
What do you like best?

Very broad scope of knowledge available. I like the ability to follow certain analysts works and have information pushed to me. Very well respected in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't really get very deep into a subject without paying for analysts service units. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is not inexpensive, so make sure you have the time available to take advantage of what you purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Forrester holds a lot of amazing data that helps drive business decisions. With my account I am able to search for market research as well as independent studies and a plethora of other data gathered by experts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very costly for business use, and for personal use it is out of my league financially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Forrester can be an amazing resource for you to find expert opinions and technology polls. It offers a plethora of good data, and I often used it to help leverage projects I worked on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Forrester?

Forrester Categories on G2