Drip Reviews & Product Details

Drip Overview

What is Drip?

Drip is a marketing automation engine, giving marketers the tools they need to build stronger and more profitable relationships with their customers at scale. More than 27,000 marketers around the world utilize Drip's comprehensive tracking, hyper-segmentation, and robust email marketing automation to grow their businesses. Graduate from simple email platforms, bloated CRMs, and overhyped marketing automation tools, and make more money with Drip.

Drip Details
Discussions
Drip Community

Drip is a marketing automation tool that allows user to craft every interaction with leads, trial users and customers like an artisan, send custom emails based on user behavior and automate marketing for a fraction of the price of the major players.

Drip is the CRM Salesforce didn’t build. Our Ecommerce CRM - ECRM - is built for more sales, not sales teams. Thousands of marketers are getting to know their customers better using our features. They’re graduating from typical email platforms or overhyped marketing automation tools and making more money with Drip.

Additional benefits:

* Drip offers 150+ native integrations with industry-leading tools like Shopify, Stripe, Leadpages, Unbounce, Sumo, Pipedrive, Zapier, Wistia, Drift, and many, many more

* Drip's 99.9% email deliverability rate ensures that your emails reach inboxes

* With powerful split testing, you can A/B test subject lines, from names, and send times within your campaigns

* Onboarding is a simple three-step process: activate your campaign, install one JavaScript snippet, define your goal. Then it's off to the races.

Drip
Minneapolis, MN
@getdrip

Drip Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Drip community
Have you used Drip before?

Drip Reviews

Showing 418 Drip reviews
Already have Drip?
Software Developer
What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about this software so I will proceed to list them:

1. I can handle large data, this is very good because our company is very large and wide.

2. The interface is amazing, it also has the dark mode that I think is great.

3. I can handle it in a very easy way.

4. It is very easy to handle the part of marketing by mail through this software, it is only two simple steps.

5. The workflow is very broad.

6. There is customization, it is a feature that I love because I like to give my projects my personal touch.

7. Integration with WooCommerce, it makes my work easier.

8. I can attach photos and prices to company projects through email marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Drip is that I can't re-edit the workflows and it's not fully synced with WooCommerce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the best platforms I have used, it has many features that will increase the sales of your products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company has had many benefits thanks to Drip, with its workflow function I can keep track of the information of all clients, I also use drip to remind my work team about the company projects that we have to complete. In addition, the sale of our products has been increasing thanks to the personalized emails we send through Drip and its synchronization with Shopify. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

For managing large bits of data it's nice when there is a big focus on the UI and I think Drip does a great job of having a clean modern and very functional UI. Dark mode? Yes please, not many companies will take the time to do little extra things like that but I appreciate it. Ease of setup was relatively painless. It didn't require dev work to do things how we wanted but it's gone smoothly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No <iframe> forms? Not much to complain about here to be honest. One thing that was very annoying is that they don't store events for recall. So in Zapier if you are trying to get data for a zap you gotta continually refresh the request and wait for that exact second that a new event happens that you are looking for. This was very painful to setup as I had to call the event hundreds of times(clicking over and over and over) til I finally got data, then it wasn't the data point I was looking for so I had to keep refreshing. Most companies that use Zapier will store events in history so you just click "get data" and it will pull the last time it happened. Not sure why Drip does it the way they do it, but that's just how it works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's better than Mailchimp I think. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting data on new customer signups that we can then use to send marketing emails to as well as have nice source of truth for data on our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Drip makes email marketing easy with drag and drop email templates, dynamic workflows and personalization that allows you to talk to the right person a the right time. If you can think it you can build it with Drip!

I especially love their deep integration with WooCommerce which pulls my sales data and customer segments directly into Drip. It's now also a breeze to dynamically add products to emails because Drip adds their images, titles and price! Drip's use of Shopify's Liquid template language also makes personalizing emails easy and is a greta way to add dynamic content based on customer attributes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to be able to rearrange workflows steps. It would also be super cool to see integrations with WooCommerce extensions like WooCommerce Memberships to make the ultimate Drip + WordPress + WooCommerce membership site. Right now it's hard to tell Drip the customer's membership status when it changes on the site. Looking forward to seeing what other visual email builder WooCommerce features get added! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Following up with prospects and customers is easy with Drip's rules, workflows and broadcasts. For example, I deliver custom Drip email templates via an automated workflow email that triggers after the sale of specific email templates. I also use Drip to deliver drip email courses and communicate with website members among many other tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Drip
Ecommerce, Manufacturing, & Product Consultant
What do you like best?

Email builder is excellent, automation builder is very easy to use. Segmentation tools work well. Across the board it's a very competent platform, and handles all of my various email automations smoothly with no drama (side-eye at you, SFMC). API's are easy to access for leveraging tools like Zapier to do some nutty things. Sign up forms are simple to implement, analytics are sound. I hear that the integration with FB custom audiences works well, even we don't use it. Overall impression and opinion of Drip is good, and I look forward to seeing where they take this platform in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

New features are slow to roll out, everything has been getting buggier this year. There's a number of data feeds from shopify that would be useful to have. Could also use more data fields and types available in the customer object. Media management could be better, as could template / snippet management. I definitely would have preferred more tools being added to existing features rather than having SMS bolted on. The roots of this being a sales-oriented tool still show. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent for a starter platform, may run out of features for more complex or advanced users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Need to send bulk and automated campaigns for our ecommerce store. We do about $1 per customer per send off a large list, so it pays for itself every day. We do abandoned card, browse abandon, special post-purchase automations for certain products, deep segmentation to avoid general discounting. We jumped over when Mailchimp got kicked off of shopify, and it's been a great tool to use as we've tripled out list in that time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use, and the analytics are useful for our retail store. I love being able to create segments as we are creating emails, allowing me to customize to what product we are featuring in our email. It has a fantastic automatic resend feature that is just one click. And it is very compatible with Shopify! Plus the price is lower or on par with the other services we considered, when we take into account the size of our email list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we have been unhappy with. When I couldn't get a workflow to function, I contacted help and they showed me how to fix it immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have tried half a dozen email services over the last five years, and Drip has been the clear winner for us. Visuals and customizations are very important, as well as being able to seamlessly manage our larger email list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has improve our email metrics and sales. It's improved our open rate, and it integrates seamlessly with our website provider. Our welcome email series and our abandon browser series has never been so customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Drip has amazing functionalities, specially if you are more focused on e-commerce. The automation flow is pretty nice and easy to setup. I love the fact they also have automations. It basically saves you hundreds of dollars because you can connect apps like Facebook or Demio. Deliverability is on point. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UX feels outdated. Sometimes it feels old and is weird, because all the UI is beautiful, even the statistic parts are good. Reports lack some more data, but all the main parts are there. Besides that, Drip is the best alternative out there to Klaviyo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Obviously all my email needs and replacing automatic flows and some notifications on my Shopify platform. Also the automations (rules) are amazing, I use them every day and it's included in any plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Automation through their Workflows and Rules and superior deliverability. Drip has super-powerful Rules feature and segments creating. Saved segments can be updated automatically based on the segment criteria. There are a ton of integrations with third-party apps. Some are native and others are via Zapier. It also integrates with Shopify and WooCommerce for e-commerce businesses. Drip Workflow includes a feature called Goals which is also very useful and robust.

Drip has recently bumped-up their Forms in a BIG way. Check them out! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Drip has almost everything for even advanced marketing automation applications. I wish Drip had date-based custom fields and conditions (like, pause/hold until x date etc.). Another feature I would like to see is being able click-hold-drag Workflow steps as well as being able to freely connect different steps in Workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Workflow automation saves me time. Same with integrations I use including Zapier, PayPal, Stripe. I am also using WooCommerce integration for my daughter's new small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to schedule emails ahead of time. Also being able to select customers based on our websites criteria. We can use the fancy templates or just make regular looking emails fairly easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to figure out sometimes. Especially when there are numerical values replacing name values. While their tech people are very friendly and helpful, unless you are very adventurous it is not necessarily intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitly an improvement over the whole mergemail business with Outlook. Being able to schedule for upcoming delivery notices or a newsletter with photos (which is very easy and tidy to do) It takes all sorts of problems off our plate. Especially if people want to unsubscribe it is painless for them and all sorted by drip at our end. So we only have to focus on what we want to say to people.

They also offer extensive marketing tools for testing markets. We don't use these as our business is largely word of mouth or via website so we haven't explored these avenues yet. We are able to keep in touch with our customers easily and maintain our customer database easily as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The visual workflow builder is one of the best I have ever seen. It is easy to use and you can get used to in in minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Drip is easy to start but has a longer learning curve to master. I still didn't mastered everything that could be done with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't know something, get in touch with the support ASAP. They are friendly and can help most of your problems. You can always modify and upgrade your workflows so you can start with something small and evolve to bigger massive marketing automation later.

Search for courses about DRIP because you can get so much more out of DRIP if you know what you are doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full sync between our Wordpress WooCommerce store. I can see everything from a birds-eye view and can also go deep in data and personalization if needed. We build and add more and more automations as our business grows and this can be solved with Drip without writing code or involve a developer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The visual layout for campaigns and workflows has saved me so much time. I no longer need to draft them out in Vizio or PowerPoint—or even by hand—because I can easily draft and manipulate each workflow exactly as I need it in real time. I also appreciate the customer service team for their responsiveness and going above and beyond whenever I'm in a bind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Liquid user guide had more detail and gave multiple examples for each use case because I have a hard time manipulating what I see there. I spend A LOT of time troubleshooting the code for my emails. I am not a developer but do have a deep level of understanding when it comes to Liquid, CSS, and HTML. People like me would greatly benefit from a more robust Liquid User Guide than is currently made available by Drip. Additionally, I would like the ability to export email engagement reports to a CSV file so I can track open rates, click rates, and conversion across multiple email categories and analyze trends connected to the subject lines I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pull the trigger. You will thank yourself!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With automatic pruning and highly targeted segments, we have seen our open rates shoot past 30%! More emails are converting, too. And with automatic tagging based on email, website, and Facebook ad engagement, we're able to move people multiple sales funnels simultaneously while also minimizing the lift that would have otherwise been required using another email marketing platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to manage email subscriber list and see activity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find the dashboard a bit confusing but is easier as time goes one Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Drip is great for setting up email broadcasts and campaigns. It is awesome to be able route subscribers to different email campaigns with the tags. I also like being able to set emails to draft mode and have someone else review it before setting it to publish. The dashboard is a bit confusing in the beginning but with practice it becomes easy. My favorite feature is actually how it creates leads for people if they interact with our website which you can adjust with the "lead score". Different things they do assigns them points. When they become a lead, it makes an activity in Pipedrive to follow up with them. Drip is a great choice for anyone who has many subscribers and different email campaigns. Another great feature is the Broadcast feature where you can write an email and send it to everyone in a list and if they do not open the email you can send it again but only to the people who have not opened it. You can check the statistics for percentage of emails opened and clicks in the email. This was you can do multiple versions of an email and can determine which version gets the best engagement. I highly recommend, but unfortunately I do not have any insight into the cost of it versus a similar product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reaching customers with information about company products and industry news Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner / President
What do you like best?

I love how flexible drip is and simple to do segmenting. I also am a fan of getting all the tools for free until you get to 100 leads.

Basically there isn’t much that you can’t do with drip if you know what you want to do with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support for embedded forms. However there is the option to embed forms into a blog post for instance. But to have them look like they belong on your site (branded) you need to know css.

I know that drip has put much more effort into forms and it really shows. As a blogger this is key for getting leads to sell my blogging products.

Also, It would be great to have a code generator for this to be do onsite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are doing any type of e-commerce I highly suggest you look at drip as your permanent home for email marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m able to target my customers with offers that they want rather than blasting them the same products over and over. Segmenting is made simple which is a time saver for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Sales
What do you like best?

I love that Drip fully connects to my Shopify store. You can then segment customers based upon past purchases that allows you to easily create targeted lists to send emails. I love the work flows that allow you (to a degree) set it and forget it. Example work-flows, abandoned cart, past purchase, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues with workflows that just stop working sometimes. Usually, support has been really great (chat), but as of late, I have been forced to use email support and sometimes have had to wait a few days for a response. It would be one thing if I was supporting one account, but I support more than 10 accounts that use Drip. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are concerned about price and have a transaction business, use the pruning feature to keep your lists clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer segmentation has been the biggest issue. The ability to send the right product message to the right people rather than just blast a message has improved my ROI greatly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The number of features offered and workflow interface in my opinion are unmatched.

The ease of navigation is great and intuitive.

The email templates are beautifully designed.

The campaign templates make new funnel creation much quicker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Compared to similar tools, I find it to be a bit over priced. I have recommended drip to a number of people and the price has deterred many.

The Sendowl integration is extremely lacking. Many of my subscribers were getting the incorrect emails because they were not segmented properly initially because of issues with sendowl integration.

I was also charged for having people on my list that unsubscribed. As a new user, it was not initially intuitive to me that I needed to delete these people or I would be charged a higher amount. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a trial and make sure it's right for you, but give it time to make sure that the fact that it's a new tool isn't what you don't like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The rules and workflow capabilities are amazing and really help me niche down with my list.

The tool I used before didn't have great workflow capability. This is essential for a successful sales funnel.

For example, I Drip for a fitness website where I offer both weight loss and muscle building funnels.

Without proper workflow and rules, subscribers would be getting information completely unrelated to what they want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Learning new software has its challenges but I'm happy that I chose Drip for CRM management. My store is powered by WooCommerce in a world where Shopify users have way more integration partners. Drip has created a seamless integration with WooCommerce and the setup was extremely easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The People tab, specifically trying to get into a customer's profile or create segments isn't user friendly. Updating it quickly and learning what specific products were purchased is no easy step. I know the TAG, and Date associated with customer orders and would have to click around to find out what they purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have an e-commerce store then Drip is the only software that you should consider. Your marketing team, like mine, will try to push you towards competitors that they are comfortable with, but those solutions aren't built for e-commerce exclusively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed more ways to filter groups of customers based on what they purchased and send emails based on those hyper-segments. I have a small product line with many options for each product and it's helpful to know exactly what customers purchased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the integrations, especially to Facebook. It makes our targeting easier and better. I also love the automations and bulk actions. I started using Drip before their email builder so it was just texts and basic images but now their builder has a lot of options so I also love that. You now have the option to change header backgrounds even the background of the body of text which is great. You can also arrange the layout and that is very handy when you want to make your email look better. All in all a very good software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a problem setting up campaigns that send on a specific date like Black Friday, Cyber Monday. I would love to have the option of setting up a campaign that sends on a specific date. Another thing that I would like is if they can make a calendar that shows when an email will get sent so we don't overlap emails that send on the same date. Also would love an option to skip a day when another email is scheduled to be sent that day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! In my experience, it is definitely better than the old version of Mailchimp. I haven't used Mailchimp in a while so I'm not sure if they improved but from my experience Drip is more intuitive and offers more value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automations, it makes everything easy and intuitive. It's also helpful that I do not need to manually do things because Drip is integrated so well with other products that I already use like OptinMonster, Zapier, Facebook Ads and more. I realized that email marketing can be a whole lot easier with Drip. I also like how it manages my email lists, it is very comprehensive and there are a lot of options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the beautiful UI and how easy Drip makes things like managing workflows. I came from probably the largest email provider (that starts with a M) and thoroughly enjoy using Drip more. Even the email builder is fun and easy to use (albeit not super advanced, but that's fine!).

I love their extensive list of guides and walk through videos. There's endless ideas in there for how I can improve my email marketing and I'm only small percentage of the way through it.

The Drip product team is also super good at listening and implementing feedback, for example they added SMS marketing in 2020 and it's been super useful and fun to use. Even within a few months of the beta they had added new features like sending images/GIFs which is a big value add! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't love how the dashboard isn't responsive (this would be fine if they had a smartphone app but they don't). Also their customer service email reply times aren't great but when they do reply they are always super helpful.

There could be more total integrations, especially with e-commerce related tools like reviews and SMS tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out Drip today! And I'd recommend watching a lot of the guides and information available at the drip learning center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Drip is really good at helping me save time with email marketing by doing it effectively and efficiently. Also they updated their pricing tier sometime earlier in 2020 and now its even more affordable.

I realize I dont know everything about email marketing and so their knowledge/learning center is priceless. I imagine most folks don't know the depths of email marketing so their extensive guides are super useful and this was a benefit I hadn't known before opening an account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Drip just works. Its so easy to get started. Drip out of the box does exactly what you'd hope out of a CRM. I sell an online course and I trigger messages based on where a user starts on my website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish in workflows I could add specific dates for emails to get sent out instead of just delays. Like in some cases I add customers to a workflow for a live event but these customers buy it at different days so its tough to setup a delay that will time everyone perfectly. So I have to manually send out emails before scheduled classes. Other evergreen stuff it works perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is so nice to be able to sort subscribers by tags. Me and my team are super specific when it comes to tags so we have accurate segments of our list. This helps with seeing how well certain campaigns are converting as well as making sure everyone is getting the correct messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love the automation and incredibly precise targeting. I've got a dozen workflows set up to handle all my onboarding, list pruning, and customer retention needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a hard time coming up with something to dislike. Before Drip I really didn't know what was possible. At the moment, I can't think of anything I like better on Mailchimp, my previous provider. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Might as well give it a shot! You've got a 14-day free trial to import your lists and play around with the workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm a recording artist keeping my fans sorted and tagged according to where they are in their customer journey. I love being able to send out promotions while excluding subscribers who already have the product(s) I'm promoting. Feels less tacky! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that we can automate emails to market to our current customers who book online, or even submit their email on our website! Everything just happens! They are automatically added to a workflow and we receive reports each month showing how much our online bookings are increasing! We can track our revenue generated through Drip right on our dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that we have 2 separate monthly subscription fees: 1 for Sunstone and 1 for Drip. But it isn't enough to turn us away! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the FareHarbor integration from Sunstone Digital we have been able to set filters and flows that allow us to target and reach specific groups which we could not do previously through platforms such as MailChimp. We have also recently discovered the addition of Drip SMS, which we previously had to subscribe separately to SlickText. Looking forward to incorporating that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use interface and the ability to track revenue metrics. It's super helpful to know how much of revenue is coming from email, and from which emails. The customer service team is also very helpful. I use a combination of automations and broadcast emails, and both are very easy to accomplish with drip. It's the best email platform for ecommerce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with ClickFunnels is a little wonky. Everything else is great. Integrations with Shopify are excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to see how much revenue our email efforts generate, as well as how much each email generates. This allows us to repeat what works and to optimize what doesn't work so well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.