Ontraport Reviews & Product Details

Ontraport Overview

What is Ontraport?

Ontraport is an all-in-one integrated platform that delivers essential business features, including a powerful CRM system, marketing automation, membership sites, one-click WordPress hosting, outstanding email delivery, payment processing, direct-mail printing, affiliate management, and our innovative business automation suite.

Ontraport Details
English, Spanish

Ontraport is an all-in-one integrated platform that delivers essential business features, including a powerful CRM system, membership sites, one-click WordPress hosting, outstanding email delivery, payment processing, direct-mail printing, affiliate management, and our innovative business automation suite.

Ontraport

Ontraport Reviews

Showing 123 Ontraport reviews
Already have Ontraport?
Operations Manager
Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Wow Jonathan, this is awesome! Seriously, thank you so much for taking the time to make this review video. Love to hear that you're getting a lot of use out of the app.

We hear you on the "done-for-you" and "streamlined" thing. We just launched our Setup Wizards last month and I think these campaign templates could be really helpful for your business needs.

Learn more info here: https://ontraport.com/features/marketing-automation/setup-wizard

Find the templates here: https://ontraport.com/setup-wizards

Founder
What do you like best?

They obviously care and are continuing to evolve the platform which makes it easier and easier to build and integrate with the rest of our technology stack. One of the things I like best is that support is always there and happy to help with whatever issue is happening, so you aren't going back and forth with an endless email chain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm excited to see what Ontraport does to upgrade its affiliate partner management. It's one area of the software that hasn't yet seen the big updates that the other areas have, but I know it is in the works. Aside from that the product has just continued to improve and get stronger over the years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ontraport does a ton, but mainly we use it for our CRM and managing email campaigns. The new campaign builder makes it easy to visualize what's happening as someone goes through the email sequences.

One other thing that we like is that Ontraport allows us to expand our tech stack by connecting with Zapier and other custom tools so everything can talk to each other. It still amazes me that this level of automation is accessible to us without having to need to be a programmer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hey Mitch! Thanks for taking the time to write a review and give us your feedback for Ontraport's affiliate management. Our product team plans new projects based off client feedback so we love hearing what updates you're looking for in the app.

Also, glad you enjoy using the campaign builder as much we do. :)

Head Of Marketing
What do you like best?

It's a pretty lean tool that doesn't have too many features that my team won't end up using. We had very specific needs that we wanted a marketing automation tool to address. And while many of the more popular tools (Hubspot, Pardot etc.) did exactly what we wanted it to do, they also did too much and we couldn't justify the pricetag that came with them as well.

Ontraport is like a Toyota - affordable, reliable, well built, no feature overload. ie. Perfect for a small team that wouldn't have the time or expertise for a full on marketing automation tool.

Also, their Facebook group is really helpful because it gives you a direct line to the team and user community for support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The email tracking for each individual user could be improved. Granted it's not purpose built for email marketing like Mailchimp, I still would like a way to easily look at all users in a particular campaign and how they interact with each email sent to them. You can get the information, but it's not the most straightforward way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a clear understanding of how much (or little) your team needs. If you need something really robust that can do it all, Ontraport is not for you. However, if your needs are lean and manageable and you only have a small team who has the time and space to use the tool, it could be worth considering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a tool that could:

- Automate the routing of inbound leads to Salesforce

- Build landing pages that could be hosted on Wordpress

- Set up campaigns Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Glad to hear that Ontraport has been a good fit for your team, Juinn. Providing our users with straightforward data that's easily accessible has always been a priority as we've continued to develop the app and email tracking data is no exception. Hopefully this resource can be of some help: https://ontraport.com/support/marketing-analytics/view-email-performance/

And as always, thanks for your feedback!

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

I can manage my contacts, landing pages, emails, marketing campaigns, sales and more in a savvy, seamless user experience backend software and the customer service is better than any other CRM service out there.

Other software seemed to be either too marketing driven without a good user experience or too outdated from a UI/UX approach.

Additionally, Ontraport is constantly thinking ahead about the digital paradigm and what will be needed for businesses to scale more proportionately to where many industries and markets are heading. Example - adding a "Systems" tab so we can track systems for various aspects of our brands or various marketing campaigns overall and then knowing that we might need to make more systems for other areas of our business in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything at the moment. Everything Ontraport does has been exceeded my expectations. I know they're constantly working on "forms" and "email newsletter" template creation so that's what I'm looking forward to next. They want to replicate their page builder to also have the same functionality for their forms and email newsletters so that's a pretty big deal to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't walk, run to these people!

And feel free to reach out to me and I'll show you anything you want to know. :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systemizing my brands, now running my own agency and managing all the automations and tech for other brands. I realized how powerful the right software for sales and marketing automation can be to my livelihood. lol

It drastically changed my business approach, which I knew I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Wow, this is quite the review. Thanks for all the positive feedback, Matt. Systems was something we built because we saw a need for it for our own use here at Ontraport, so hearing that you love the feature as much as we do is awesome.

We do have a lot of new features in the works, so stay tuned!

What do you like best?

Ontraport is the best CRM for small business that I have encountered. Their page editor allows you to do far more than anything on Clickfunnels. You can make your pages look however you want. The customization is incredible and the functionality of the Campaign feature is literally like having another employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really only wish that the email editor has the same design capabilities as the page editor. It's a little clunky compared to the functionality of the pages editor but it still does the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for my website, my email list management, lead follow-up and tracking. It so nice to have everything in one program. Usually if I think I need a functionality that Ontraport doesn't offer they either have it and I don't know or they are in the process of building it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Thanks for this raving review, Aja! So glad to hear Ontraport has given you the functionality you need for your business. We are in the process of building lots of things so keep an eye out. 😉

What do you like best?

I love how we have been able to customize it to fit our business needs. So many other applications we used and researched were not able to accommodate how we use Ontraport for our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only major dislike is the email editor but we are patient, as we are confident that Ontraport is improving this in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Customer support is exceptional. Always someone to answer user questions, and problem solve in real-time. Not many platforms offer instant customer service via chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to keep efficient track of our client's purchase history, communicate with them on their present purchases and plan for their future purchases. It is integrated with our website and social media platforms. We organize our marketing campaigns with specific targets, measure ROI all in one platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hi Nicole! We're happy to hear that Ontraport has solved your business needs and made it easier for you to track your client's purchase history. We hear you about the email editor -- keep an eye out for improvements to come.

Thanks for this awesome feedback!

Business Strategist
What do you like best?

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing would be not having a countdown timer in emails... BUT... I'm sure this is something they are working on because they always take requests from their community and work on making it happen! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have more time freedom because my funnels are running for me with OP. I also have my members site setup using OP! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hi Rebecca! At Ontraport, our mission is to remove the burden of technology for entrepreneurs and small business owners. so to hear that OP has allowed you more time to focus on your clients is like music to our ears! Thanks SO much for leaving us this awesome review; we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our support team. 😊

What do you like best?

Due to the need on the part of us and the company to increase our visibility online and at the same time the networks, in addition to the fact that mainly the objective is sales, it is important to promote them in order to attract more new customers and build an extensive system and sales optimization, offers an incredible detailed solution and support in which we can boost our company, very happy with the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no negative point on which I clung to, the system works correctly and optimally however it can improve its tools by giving it more optimization and utilization of services so that the software can be attractively associated with other software without any kind of inconvenience, I mean that we do not need help from technical support to be able to couple the system our company and other software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This system works perfectly for us offering solutions which we did not think would be so expanded, it goes much beyond our objectives and thoughts, this system believed that it can improve certain aspects to make it easier when coupling the company, however its tools are Very simple to use tools, which is enough for me because the problems are solved in an optimal way by ontraport. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly in systems it was used to be able to expand our accounts more, however it has gone much further, the concern for which we have passed the sale is at a key definitive point, and this service specifically has been able and has allowed us to remain visible to new users and attract new customers a system in which it has been possible to connect to any marketing system, be it email or through networks, allowing a service of other attraction and much more powerful than software, simple and attractive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hello Robin! We're so glad to hear that Ontraport has been able to assist you in growing your customer base and sales optimization. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and thorough review!

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

I came to OP because it offered one platform that could look after most of the needs of our business but I will stay with OP because of their incredibly responsive customer tech support. I own a business and just cannot keep all the tech in my head. When I hit a road block I love that I can get answers in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a good working knowledge of other programs so I really can't compare. The few glitches I have experienced have been dealt with well by customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business automation, email broadcasts, lead generation, land page development for selling both physical and online products. OP has helped us do all of this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hi Juliane! We're so happy to hear you've had such a great experience with our Support team and that the app has helped you with so many areas of your business. It's reviews like this that keep us doing what we're doing. Thanks!

CEO
What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and has great support staff to help with anything you don't understand. Also, there are lots of templates that can be used to help you get started with your funnels and landing pages. I also like that it provides a way for me to reduce the amount of tasks I have to do manually. Setting up and creating fully functions funnels with landing pages and a lot easier than I thought. It does take some time, but because it is user friendly, the learning curve is shorter than with some other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to really use it to make it worthwhile for your business. For a small business, this can be a large expense, so you have to use it to directly impact your bottom line in order to justify the cost. I would like it to have more integrations with different payment gateways. I had to sign up for one I didn't have before in order to use this feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it if you will use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having Ontraport solved my need for a CRM and process builder. It allowed me to put some functions on autopilot to run the business more efficiently. As a solopreneur, I have to wear many hats. So anything that removes a task it a winner for me. It's just a matter of me being consistent using Ontraport to help manage and grow the business. It has helped me to be more intentional about what I do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hi Claytonia. We're so happy to hear that Ontraport has made things easier for you as a solopreneur as that's our sole mission.

We do offer tons of integrations and are always looking to add more. Check out our list of integrations here: https://ontraport.com/support/integrations/integrations-overview/

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Customer Success Manager / Product Manager
What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Ontraport is it's intuitive, easy to navigate interface as well as the clean, top-down campaign builder. With the campaign builder, it's easy to determine what comes next with color- and shape-coded elements, making it quick to build a campaign to reach one's target audience. The handy checklist that's provided let's me know if I missed anything before the campaign is published. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Ontraport offers a lot of features and functionality. When we first got started, it was our organization's first time with a combination CRM/marketing automation tool, especially one as powerful as Ontraport. Therefore, it was tough for us to determine where we ought to begin; what do we need to do; aside from the obvious, what's most useful for us. Ontraport does provide two, hour-long on-boarding calls. Sadly, they only scratch the surface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a clear way to aggregate all our customer engagements in one easy-to-use platform; track tasks; collect notes, etc. In addition, we didn't perform any proactive marketing outreach at the time and needed a solution to jumpstart our email marketing strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Christopher, we're SO happy to hear Ontraport has made running your campaigns so seamless. We hear you about 2-hour onboarding calls -- don't hesitate to reach out to support with any questions you come across! Though it sounds like you're already a pro. Thanks for your feedback!

UP
What do you like best?

It's difficult to just pick one. Being able to attach different sequences to a client based on how they submitted their inquiry on a landing page. It's a very robust system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times it takes too long to save the page you're working on. I'm not a fan of the change in pricing structure and the offers. I got a little more when I first signed up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for information overload. I highly recommend taking their Consultation Course, teaches you all the ins and outs of using Ontraport over the course of 3-4 days. You see all the capabilities it has! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to answer a million FAQs to non-booked clients. I can create sequences full of educational material. Because of this I am able to establish trust and expertise before even having a conversation with a potential client and many times they book with me because of the value I provided initially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

The certification course really is a game-changer, huh? Love to hear Ontraport has allowed you to provide valuable material to your clients -- thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience with the app. :)

What do you like best?

Ontraport is amazing because you can literally see every customer interaction from lead to sale in one place. You can create landing pages, sales processes and follow up automation to keep your business running like a well-oiled machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be quite technical and a steep learning curve for people who aren't very technologically savvy - but once it's set up properly and people are trained, everyone falls in love with it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building business infrastructure for teams on a system that lasts. It definitely can scale with your business and you can do everything - sales, marketing, business processes, affiliates, CRM, etc - you name it, you can build it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

A visual picture really is everything when it comes to your business! We're so happy to hear Ontraport has provided you with the tools you need to scale. Thanks for this awesome review!

Founder
What do you like best?

The fact that I can manage 99% of my entire business on Ontraport (minus accounting, HR, legal, etc) is a true blessing. The value in growing my business is in the data from sales, marketing, and nurturing my clients. The reality and magic behind using Ontraport is that it manages, presents, and organizes that critical data that I need to run and grow my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see Ontraport offer a blogging solution so I can dump WordPress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client relationship management, landing pages, thank you pages, sales pages, offer pages, almost my entire web presence outside of blogging. Sales campaigns, follow up campaigns, SMS messaging, custom postcards, marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hey Joseph! It's true, data is everything! Love to hear that you're getting the most out of Ontraport for your business. Thanks for the feedback. :)

What do you like best?

Their phone sales process is quite good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We experienced less than 9% open rates with a fresh list (moving to another service increased to 23.5%). After 2.5 hours on the phone during set up to an “enterprise” level package we incurred large additional charges that should not have been associated with that package. We were told those charges would not be reversed and we would, yet again, have to go through their lengthy “enterprise upgrade call” Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use literally any other service. Between the virtually zero deliverability and the total lack of customer service, this product deserves a wide pass. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Their dashboard is very difficult to use and does not provide accurate data. It reports our list size to be almost 25% larger than it is in reality. They have not been able to give an answer as to why this is the case. There are no benefits as far as I can tell. Having changed providers we have experienced over double the open rates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ontraport sets the standard and is constantly improving. I've been using it for 7 years now (since before it was Ontraport) for myself and my clients. I'm blown away by the features that keep being added and the fact that I can do so much with the platform without having to use other add-ons.

Support is outstanding and the CEO of the organisation has his finger on the pulse of the community so you know you are being heard when you raise an issue or suggestion.

You can build out a sales funnel end to end without using any other platforms and can even build a website or membership site with it. We mostly use Wordpress which Ontraport integrates with nicely.

We've yet to use the Custom Facebook Audience feature but will certainly make use of that when we dive more deeply into Facebook advertising.

Whether you are just starting out or if you have a well-established business Ontraport will be up to the task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the page builder but it certainly does the job and they are always improving it. It comes with a good range of templates and they've designed it so that it's difficult to make too much of a mess of the pages, unlike many drag and drop editors that can leave you with pages looking like a train wreck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing automation. List building - Lead generation and capture. Lead nurture. Affiliate management. Sales processing and fulfillment. Upsells. Business development (CRM functionality). Lead page building. Membership site management and access. Course delivery. Managing back-end tasks. Analysing funnel performance... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

I love that everything is together in one platform. I can collect emails easily. I can charge people accordingly. I like the segmentation of lists. And the membership platform is great too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike. The closest thing to a dislike would be the spam emails that come into my system, but that could be a website problem on my end too. Even so, they're easy to delete. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Ontraport to anyone with a customer service business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of scheduling and signing up for a class is my number one. Also, direct emails to specific groups of clients. The tags are great. I've grown my business over the last 5 years using Ontraport and it's really easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Everything under one roof! My web developer was blown away when I introduced her to the CRM I was thinking of using for years ago. She was amazed it did EVERYTHING I needed for my small business and SO MUCH MORE.

It's really, really great to manage fewer systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It has WAY more functions than I need. I'd love a scaled down and lower priced version aimed at soloprenuers and smaller businesses like mine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're ready to do everything in one place and have an overabundance of tools, Ontraport is really great. I've loved the support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the pages, the ease of shop features, being able to keep my list and newsletter all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hi Sandra, Thanks for taking the time to leave this awesome review! It's our mission to remove the burden of technology by providing you with all the tools you need + condensing your systems, so this review is like music to our ears. Can't wait to see where you go with another 4 years!

What do you like best?

The commitment to small business owners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not understanding all the features and how to use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a beast of a platform and can be overwhelming to start. And yet once you get into it and realize that everything you need to do to run your online or offline business it is worth the effort to use Ontraport. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email delivery. Client flow from new lead to paying customer. Tracking of customers over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Six years is a long time -- we've done a lot of growing together! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with Ontraport, Tony.

What do you like best?

Is a super intuitive tool to manage because its functions, manage the whole process that involves the realization and execution of marketing in a feasible and very useful, achieving access to all information in this process in an easy and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Is a very versatile tool to handle, so it has worked in an agile and effective way I have not noticed anything that I did not like or some blockage of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Is a great tool to manage and automate the whole process of marketing in a very effective way achieving to speed up the whole process and the access to each one of the data that are handled in the whole process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

The ability to send targeted EDMs and create response emails dependent on the path the receiver takes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

basically a great system - the ability to add more users with different access would be good. Also not able to see if a user downloads lists etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to keep our customers informed of events and issues - without the need for constant phone calls etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Hello Anna! Ontraport actually does allow you to add additional user seats with the Plus package and above. Check out this support article to learn how to add user seats and set permissions: https://ontraport.com/support/crm/set-your-team-users-roles-and-permissions/

Hope that helps! Thanks for the feedback. :)

What do you like best?

User friendly. We use this for landing pages and email automation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could have more forms for footers and headers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it may take a little time to get your head around once you have it will change the way your business runs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solves our customer experience and takes our businesses to a higher level than our competitors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

"...takes our businesses to a higher level than our competitors" ahhh love to hear it! It's feedback like this that keeps us doing what we're doing. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Joel!

UP
What do you like best?

Very responsive and chat feature, where they answer your questions quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish you could use discount codes for free passes without it asking for a credit card. Also wish you could mass upload discount codes.

Issues with email deliverability.

Doesn't work with Safari Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working on our email deliverability for registrations. Easier to track everything now that we use OP only and not two programs but need to still improve our email delivery as they seem to get blocked often for our post reg emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Alexandria Loza of Ontraport

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear Ontraport has helped you with tracking and condensing your software!

We hear you about email deliverability -- it can be a tricky thing no matter what platforms you're using. At Ontraport, our email delivery experts help our clients successfully send over 107 million emails each week and maintain one of the highest delivery rates of any email service provider. You can find more resources for email deliverability here: https://ontraport.com/postmaster