Ontraport

Ontraport is an all-in-one integrated platform that delivers essential business features, including a powerful CRM system, membership sites, one-click WordPress hosting, outstanding email delivery, payment processing, direct-mail printing, affiliate management, and our innovative business automation suite.

Work for Ontraport?

Learning about Ontraport?

Ontraport Reviews

Ask Ontraport a Question
Showing 88 Ontraport reviews
George L.

"Many functions that increase your business sales"

What do you like best?

Understanding and using this system is simple and does not require great knowledge in the matter, however when acquiring this system you will have to complete the learning process through the use of tutorials and the assistance of the technical support team that are an excellent group, very attentive and make one confident in what he does.

Once installed and configured, this program will be your best ally and I love that since it lets me see many functions with a high degree of automation that will leave you amazed, plus it will let you be able to save a lot of time in the optimization of campaigns and money at launch them and get an excellent performance.

What do you dislike?

Something that I do not like is that this program has so many functions that you can become overwhelmed and confuse, however, once you use this system along with the supervision of the customer service team you will get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely being able to count on Ontraport has been my best decision and investment, because being able to generate income automatically is one of the most difficult things in this business, and I have achieved it with this system. It's the best I've used so far.

Thanks to this system I can have 80% of sales processes and automated marketing campaigns, placing a number of sales funnels, also placing a tracking system for potential customers.

With Ontraport my business has been able to generate thousands of sales since it has allowed me to optimize all my campaigns, it has even allowed me to insert a kind of form in order to be able to know the opinion of my clients and thus improve conversions.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Ontraport
Billy G.

"CRM full of possibilities"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of information once you get inside the software. It is very important to me that the programs have sufficient data and introductory information to better understand the system. Ontraport has tutorials that help you learn better what your tools and options are.

Automation allows you to execute and perform tasks that can be repetitive much faster and more efficiently. You can automate data integrations by using your tools and performing tasks more quickly.

The administration and insertion of new contacts is very simple. When you have a large user database, you need programs that help you move those users without having to take a long time, since it costs to integrate the data in a new platform when you have a lot of data stored elsewhere. But, Ontraport, has options that allow you to integrate new contacts with all your information within your system.

What do you dislike?

The designs and the edition of pages are somewhat limited, they could add more personalization options, since an application like Ontraport would be better if it had more flexibility in this sense, since editing is an important aspect, because it allows you to adapt the system more to the needs and also to the image of your company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The possibilities offered by Ontraport to improve your sales and also to make your customer service more complete are quite broad. It is advisable to integrate tools such as this CRM that help a company communicate better with its customers and at the same time improve the marketing area of your company.

Communication with customers is much faster, efficient and direct. We have improved the attention we give to our clients, as we now have more tools to better understand their interests and also to be able to solve their doubts more effectively. Ontraport has helped us to improve the interaction with our customers and to be more and more happy with the attention we give them.

It is easy to create campaigns and when creating campaigns you can also reach a larger number of clients. The marketing area has had improvements through the creation of campaigns and the use of these tools and functionalities.

What CRM All-in-One solution do you use?

Donna M.

"Amazing CRM Product and the Customer Service and Support is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Very easy to learn and use. Their tutorials are Great. Very easy to train my staff on this program. Ontraport runs and has automated so many of the processes of my business and made my digital marketing seamless. And their customer service and support is exceptional. They are friendly, helpful and really go the extra mile. And I love how it integrates with Facebook.

What do you dislike?

There is 1 tiny things... I am based in South Africa and unfortunately my time-zone is not programmed into Ontraport's main code and so we have to do a work around, around the Athens time zone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ontraport rocks! It runs the core sales and marketing processes in my business and automates them. It is awesome. I highly recommend it.

My digital marketing. Regular communications with Customers. Lead-Generation through Leadmagnets and Facebook. My Sales go through Ontraport too.

Nina M.

"Best CRM out there - Ontraport is the new Gold Standard!"

What do you like best?

I love that they have amazing support. They are always available to help when I have questions or feel like I need a walk through of my campaign before it goes live. I love that they don't haggle and charge you when you need help like other companies do. There's no huge startup costs, and they helped me find a plan that suited my needs at the time rather than just pressuring me into a high priced solution.

What do you dislike?

The page builder could use more options to control the design of the blocks and the margins. It still feels very limited when it comes to setting up fields to display like everything is part of a cohesive design.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schedule a demo, ask lots of questions. The team is very smart when it comes to digital marketing and can help you figure out your needs. They also worked with me to start with the right plan to fit my needs at the time versus just selling me the most expensive package. I value that support!

I finally feel like I have a handle on creating campaigns and executing them well. With other apps, I have always felt the learning curve was so steep and this prevented me from doing things. I have been able to take more action and become more bold with my marketing. The platform simplifies so many things, where traditionally using something like this can be so overwhelming.

Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great All in One Platform"

What do you like best?

Ontraport is a powerful all in one program perfect for small businesses that want to have email campaign functionality, website plug-ins (forms and pages), and contact management. As a small team, we like being able to have one program that fits all of these needs so that all contact data is collected and tracked in one place. The program itself has a lot of customization options so you can create fields for companies and contacts that are relevant to your business. The customer support is outstanding for this program - there are customer support specialists that are available to chat or screenshare, as well as account representatives and onboarding specialists. If those people are unavailable, they also have many how-to forms and videos to help with FAQs.

What do you dislike?

As with many CRMs, especially all-in-one programs like this, it takes some time to learn the logic. To get yourself off to a good start, I'd recommend making the most of the onboarding calls by going in with a specific objective for the account set-up.

Secondly, there is also a lot of manual input required for simple tasks like adding a contact. There are programs out there that data scrape for email, social media sites, and more to make contact data import more efficient. This program does not have that feature which makes contact input more time-consuming. Additionally, it does not have a gmail plug-in so contacts have to be added independently.

We were looking for an all-in-one CRM/email marketing program so that we could have detailed data on our contacts in one place. As a small business with a large customer/client network, we are enjoying the customizability of the program that improves our workflow and expands our options on what's possible.

Brock R.

"Powerful, multifaceted, intuitive"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create a sequence of events from start to finish--a page for customers to visit, a form to fill out, an email to send them upon form submission, a page to be routed to, a campaign of future emails to be added to... it's all so simple to set up with Ontraport's vastly powerful tools and visually intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

Some quirks and bugs in the page editors can make building a page frustrating--for instance, in the sidebar where you upload a photo for a certain block of the page, your cursor naturally tracks over Ontraport's sample photos on the way to the Submit button--and hovering over one of those images causes it to be chosen, overwriting the image you just uploaded and inserted. I have to take a scenic route in a big C-shape with my cursor to avoid this happening. Little quirks like that stack up and become pretty frustrating.

It just simplifies so many processes. Being able to build a page, send emails, manage contacts, and set up campaigns all under one roof makes everything so straightforward. We're better able to roll out new ideas and events because multiple team members have learned the simple UI, and because we don't have to juggle amongst several different services for each step of the process.

Joe K.

"Amazing tool to create leverage in your life"

What do you like best?

ONTRAport has been the epicenter of productivity for me for 2 years, and they just upped their game with the release of the Campaign Builder! Amazingly simple to build campaigns and chart metrics, in addition to already having been able to create landing pages and email sequences.

ONTRAport, put simply, allows me to build a 6-7 figure business on autopilot, so I can focus my time on the most important aspects of the business, or just NOT doing work because it's 100% automated. Wouldn't have a business without ONTRAport!

What do you dislike?

The landing page portion is built for true beginners, and their templates are sometimes limiting for people like myself with more advanced skills to be able to customize beyond the basic templates they provide. Even still, ive been able to work around it, and I know they built ONTRApages with the 95% of people in mind who aren't advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every single CRM/email/automation platform has its quirks...ONTRAport is the closest thing to an all-in-one solution out there, their support is absolutely the best, and they are on the cutting edge of innovation in the areas that they are a bit behind.

ONTRAport allows my business to run without me having to actually participate, unless I want to. It's bought back so much time in my life so I can enjoy my family whenever I want/need.

UE
User in Entertainment

"Email templates are terrible, tons of bugs, do not recommend"

What do you like best?

We were initially drawn in by the long list of features, including incredible customization and automation features. However, it hasn't really delivered any of the functionality we were hoping for.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. Customer support was great up until we actually purchased the software; now they seem relatively unwilling or unavailable to answer questions or solve problems. It's very customizable, but setting up one campaign with sequences to do everything you want it to do could take you all day. You might need a dedicated person whose only job is to setup and manage this system. As an employee of a small business, I simply didn't have the time to sit and work with it all day. It has a very high learning curve; none of the features were intuitive, and it seemed like the support staff had limited knowledge of how it works. I watched all of the tutorial videos and came away feeling like there was still a lot of knowledge missing. The email templates are buggy, clunky, and much too rigid for our needs, and this is the case for all of their templates. OntraForms and OntraPages gave us similar experiences. Their API was terrible and did not play well with our website, and therefore most of the tracking and eCommerce features were unavailable to us. We had repeated issues with uploading contact lists. If you can't take advantage of all the options, it's very expensive in comparison to other, more user-friendly alternatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You only get two hours of dedicated support with their staff. Make sure you try out the software well in advance before you schedule this meeting, because you will likely have a lot of questions. The person we got matched with for our meeting did not have an answer to most of our questions, so I think it would be helpful to have prepared them in advance and submitted them prior to the meeting so that we could've been matched with a more knowledgeable support team member. I would also recommend watching any tutorial videos you can find to see if this is something you are prepared to learn how to use, because it will take time to learn about all of the features.

None. We switched back to using MailChimp and a free CRM and have been so much happier.

Christopher C.

"Becoming a World-Class Marketing Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Ontraport's new campaign builder is amazing. It's the most powerful, intuitive, and beautiful campaign builder I've ever used. It was a long time coming, but they got it right on day one. An an all-in-one platform, their marketing automation functionality works seamlessly with the CRM. Ontraport's marketing automation is best-in-class, which is a great accomplishment for a platform most have never heard of.

What do you dislike?

The CRM itself is weak and clunky out-of-the box. By default, contact records are flat, meaning there is no native functionality for one-to-many relationships such as accounts/companies hierarchy without custom configuration. While such configuration is possible, it isn't intuitive and natural to use this add-on functionality for entities. Similarly, there is no native functionality to track "Opportunities" without creating this yourself. As such the CRM functions more like a flat database of contact fields. We began using Ontraport before they added entity relationships, so perhaps if we had signed on with such abilities at first, this would have worked itself out.

Emails don't support dynamic, conditional content. Sure, you can merge field values in, but you can't show/hide content blocks based on field values. This limitation holds back email marketing effectiveness by forcing email campaign messaging to be hard-coded.

There are a lot of out-of-the-box reports, but it's not easy to deeply query the data to do business reporting natively. We end up exporting to Excel to put the data into Tableau, which is a very tedious reporting workflow -- which would be even more tedious if we *were* using their one-to-many relationships.

Ontraport is currently being used by our sales and marketing teams to track and communicate with our leads. Yet because of the difficulties described above, we are about to move to another vendor.

"Great and very powerful system, but user experience is a bit complex"

What do you like best?

I love how powerful this system is. Ontraport can really do a lot with regards to my email and customer management. And the insights it provides are very useful.

What do you dislike?

The user experience isn't the easiest. There are a lot of bells and whistles and extra steps I need to go through to make the process of emailing to my list, and it can be time-consuming. It would be helpful if there were templates or other things I could use to create really great looking emails and other content. Recently they launched website templates, but I don't need those. Overall, the system is powerful, but complex.

I use Ontraport primarily to manage my list. It works really well in managing a large email list, and there are many ways I can track and measure the effectiveness of my campaigns.

Jeff M.

"The definition of simplicity."

What do you like best?

With their most recent update, Ontraport has literally knocked it out of the park.

One of the biggest and most important improvements (in my opinion) is the simplicity of the tracking that is built in to the new visual campaign builder. I used to dread trying to interpret all the tracking information that is available to us... I actually don't think I ever had our tracking software fully set up because figuring out all the steps/goals/etc was clunky and confusing to me. With OP5, I don't think I will ever have a need for any other tracking software... it is all there in an easy to digest layout, and with all the different tracking reports, it has enabled us to see exactly where we were doing well and where we need some work. Having this all in one system and having it automatically track and intuitively report every step that is taken through our campaigns in real time without any additional setup has been a game changer for us.

Another thing I love is how engaged the upper level management is directly with their customer base and its wants/needs. I don't know how many CEO's get into the trenches with their customers, but Landon is frequently answering questions, offering tips and training, and even soliciting feedback within the Ontraport user community so they can continually improve Ontraport, in turn helping their customers improve their businesses.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Ontraport had the option to track inventory of a product.

I used to have a longer list, but with their most recent update, they solved them all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their most recent update (OP5) is mind blowing in my opinion. It solved some of the biggest problems I had with prior versions of Ontraport, specifically simplifying the setup of campaigns and having really easy to understand metrics on every single step that a customer takes through our campaigns. They are constantly listening to their users and looking for ways to improve the product.

Ontraport has given us the ability to have a top down view of our entire business, without the need for tons of add-ons or integrations. They have somehow struck the perfect balance between simplicity and flexibility, which are usually at odds with eachother. We can't even imagine doing business without Ontraport anymore.

We have been able to drastically simplify the back end processes of our business which has reduced our labor costs and freed up resources to be put toward new projects that would otherwise still be on the back burner.

Diana K.

"Best reporting and campaign builder"

What do you like best?

The newly launched reporting tool gives you a complete overlook on what is going on in your account and what are your results.

The power of ONTRAPORT is that it is highly customizable - it can do everything you want it to do, you just need to have the idea. You can achieve a lot of complicated setups with custom objects and all the tasks, lead routers, sales teams, etc.

To me, as I've worked with a lot of tools on the same or higher level, this is still the best tools for years to come.

Ontraport has very high email deliverability rates - which is one of the most important stats in email marketing nowadays.

One of my favorite things about ONTRAPORT is that they make sure you keep on cancelling all external services you may be paying for by implementing great features inside of the system - landing pages, optin forms, reporting softwares, payment gateway soon to come, etc.

What do you dislike?

What some people get confused with is that they need to have a vision on what to do with the software. The learning curve is not overwhelming but I guess the strategy is the issue most of the times when someone is not happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have an idea what you'd like to achieve. Chat to someone that has experience - or get on a free call with one of the certified consultants to see what could ONTRAPORT mean to your business.

Keeping track of a potential customer from the moment they first contact us, through the in-team tasks and sales process. Ontraport can do it all - it's highly customizable, has the best campaign builder and reporting tool out there.

"just a no!"

What do you like best?

i only was interested in traffic split test option so I could improve my conversion

What do you dislike?

this kind of out-dated landing page creator should not exist in 2018. they don't support HTTPS so the access to your landing page will be stopped by browser warning that this page might be a fishing page and browser doesn't recommend to visit it. very nice for a new business, isnt it.

the landing page will have an issue with search optimization, no sitemaps to submit, and you got just 2 lines in setting to set the title name and description, that's basically the most you can do for your SEO with Ontraport.

the landing page makers is horrible, unstable and will mess up your images if you want to use any slider type of elements,

as a cherry on the top, no refund policy.

the slogan of the company promises that will they will put your business on map, in fact, your business will be extremely hard to find.

now purchasing a premium for a whole year with Ontraport is my hugest problem.

Andres V.

"Super complete marketing, sales and CRM platform."

What do you like best?

I like best campaigns combined with sequences and global rules using the API connection. You can really take your marketing to the next level by utilizing ontraport to it's full capabilities. With this tool, if you know what you are doing you could build a company up to the 10M revenue mark. This is powerful. Ontraport has it all.

What do you dislike?

Ontrapages builder could improve, also the campaigns lag if you are working with big numbers (higher than 100k contacts running) they need to improve this asap. Finally reporting could be easier, everything is thought from a coder perspective, and it takes too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you understand marketing, online strategies, and you know how to use ontraport (of if you have a coder background) you should get this tool. It's going to take your business to the next level.

All marketing automations, it really covers most of the angles that a smart business with an online presence needs.

Matt K.

"The best solution I have found for all in one CRM"

What do you like best?

Having landing pages, sequences, contact database and campaign mapping all under one roof (oh I forgot shopping carts and forms too!) means I don't have to go and pay 3 or 4 MORE subscription fees but more importantly learn 3 or 4 more bits of software. Time is money and learning 1 product makes/saves me both.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to learn some of the advance features but hey they are advanced features. I wouldn't expect an F1 race car to be easy either.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support community is the best in the world as far as I can see. This alone makes me happy to remain a customer.

Storing all my contacts, delivering lead magnets, sending ppc traffic to landing pages creating email nurture sequences etc

Michael C.

"A great service"

What do you like best?

Ontraport does everything I need and more. The team at Ontraport always seem to be innovating and listening to what the customer base is asking for - it makes for a great fit.

Just following some of the advice they have there blog, I have been able to increase my business's bottom line. Things like cart abandonment sequences and lead segmentation are a cinch.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a more visual editor for laying our sequences. I use software like Lucid Chart for laying out sequences - it would nice if Ontraport did organically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for business automation software that will take your company to the next level - I highly recommend Ontraport. Like any robust software, there is a learning curve, but you find the integrated project dashboard walk you through things much effective than I would have ever guessed.

Ontraport handles my email marketing, my landing page creation/hosting, my checkout pages, tracking our affiliate partners and much more.

Ryan G.

"Simply Amazing..."

What do you like best?

Customer Service, no doubt, customer service. With software as powerful and complex and a CRM like ONTRAPORT, you are going to run into challenges and have questions. They are always friendly and willing to help with anything I need.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit old school looking, but it gets the job done. At the end of the day, my user experience is not nearly as important as what my customers see and their forward facing design tools are amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't just feature shop, this stuff is so complex and so overwhelming that you need to make a decision on who is going to support you the best. You may save a few $ with another system, you may be able to piece three together, you may get that one feature somewhere else...but you will NOT get better service with ANY software than you will ONTRAPORT.

I use ONTRAPORT to help with simple online shopping cart stuff and page building. However, where ONTRAPORT really shines is in their back end automation. I run 3 different businesses on ONTRAPORT and have nearly unlimited amounts of rules, triggers and task that can be setup up in the over 50 sales and follow up funnels I have running live.

Matt J.

"Its like a Rolls Royce - Without the expense"

What do you like best?

Ontraport is a Beast of a Marketing Machine

My business has really starting to take off since we started to use it

We're such big fans that we've signed up a number of our clients to Ontraport too (one signed up just yesterday (13 Sep 16)) and a couple more are waiting in the wings

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike (the team at OP are often so far ahead making development changes that when rolled out they're a pleasant surprise)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it

Not only is the software top notch but the support is outstanding and the community of users are incredible

Ontraport has allowed us to effortlessly achieve two main goals

1 Grow our list and automate sales funnels with recurring billing

2 Build strong relationships with people on our list

These to outcomes are translating into consistent sales from both our funnels and direct response marketing

And if I'm being honest I doubt we are utilising 5% or the software's full capabilities - still, our limited use of the tools provided is translating into a big ROI - last months ROI was 2848%

Marc L.

"Terrible ability to customize templates and VERY deceptive cancellation policy (son't believe what t"

What do you like best?

Easy to get started. And their pre-sales customer service is very responsive to questions.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. For starters, terrible ability to customize templates and VERY deceptive cancellation policy. In addition, their templates do not show up very well to cell phones and there is a very limited number of widgets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try Wix.com or 1and1.com. You'll be much better off.

I have not realized any benefit. My initial use of the tool seemed good and they advertised a three month return policy, so I figured it was worth trying for my small business. I should not have been so impulsive because I quickly realized that the templates were so inflexible that I couldn't build the type of site I wanted. But it was too late. Apparently, the one year contract for which I pre-paid was in a category that they wouldn't refund. They shut off the account when I asked to cancel AND then told me they won't refund my money. Note that I received no design or other services from them and they have no justification other than stating that the account I just opened was not the ones described in the refund policy. I am now using Wix.com and am so much happier. It does everything I wanted and more. I'm even going to cancel Constant Contact and start using Wix's integrated version. You might also look at 1and1.com, which was a close runner up.

"Ontraport is a VERY strong tool, as long as you take care of the information it uses for automation"

What do you like best?

You can specifically target very specific groups of people

What do you dislike?

I wasn't in charge of our team's initial transfer into using this program, so problems were created--and that's what I'm currently working to fix. It's not really Ontraport's fault, but I'm having to implement plans and systems for our office to use Ontraport to its best ability. Example: people in our HR department that enter in contact info for us have to make sure to enter it consistently between categories so groups can properly be formed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love their knowledgeable online support chat. I've found that this is a HUGE helpful feature for such a product. They answer questions (and more quickly) than MailChimp does.

Easily created automated messages/email campaigns so that our company looks professional. Automation I think is key, especially if our company (and specifically my team--marketing) wishes to take on many new tasks and goals for marketing our brand as well as our partnered clients/customers.

Chad R.

"Best Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Unlike most software, ONTRAPORT lets you build your business systems they way you want. We're not boxed in like we are on other platforms. We document our clients marketing and sales processes and then easily build them out in ONTRAPORT. With the new campaign builder it super easy for everyone to see the processes, set goals and track real-time performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

Mobile and CRM usability for our bigger clients is always a sticking point but we usually customize things to meet their needs. The biggest complaint we get is that sales people want to send one-off emails from within the tool and we aren't able to do that very easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Document your business processes BEFORE you jump in and you'll be a lot more successful.

We're generating millions in sales by optimizing our ads with tracked link reporting, our landing page conversions using OP's forms and pulling leads into conversions with automated if this, then that steps. This is the easiest and most powerful automation platform we've seen.

Shawn P.

"Beyond marketing towards online business mastery..."

What do you like best?

I've been on Ontraport for several years--like 7. Previously I'd used Infusionsoft (and some other mix of solutions). I had a name of Infusion that I can't use here. (LOL).

Unlike the competition, Ontra is an integrated solution that makes sense. It is always evolving and offering more and better solutions for everything an online marketing company needs. It truly makes many of the piece-meal tools obsolete.

One of my favorite features is the customizable DASHBOARD page and now the masterful Campaigns

What do you dislike?

For years I struggled to get all the parts working together. When it went from OAP to Ontra the user interface was difficult and fractured but that was all cleared up with the 4.0 release--and in a great way. Now with 5.0 I am very happy and the system is in flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get inside this beast and give it a drive. It's awesome.

I am really getting my funnels more complete and am able to track the results, set goals, and see where and what is working. It's awesome. It's fun to win again.

Thomas M S.

"Keeps getting better & better"

What do you like best?

The visual campaign builder in Ontraport 5.0 released in June 2017 is AMAZING. It is easy to use, intuitive and has already started to radically transform the way we are systematizing our business.

What do you dislike?

The customer support can be slow. This is rarely a show stopper because the user community on the Facebook Group is so active and knowledgeable, I can often get answers there quicker and even with various ways of how to do something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider carefully if your small business needs a system designed for large or enterprise customers. I've used them and been frustrated. Ontraport has all the power and features we need to grow our current company to $10MM and beyond.

We originally started to use Ontraport in 2015 for our lead capture, nurturing and shopping cart. We were greatly underutilizing the tool. Today we are using is for marketing automation, affiliate program, sales tracking/automation, and reporting.

Peter P.

"Outstanding integration of multiple systems for a small to medium business"

What do you like best?

Ontraport's attention to detail and ability and devotion to customer welfare are the best I've encountered, online or locally. They are approachable, forgiving of my mistakes, supportive and timely in responses. I can't fault their customer support systems and staff.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to charge customers in their local currencies, but I believe that this is outside of Ontraport's ability to change. So, nothing really.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try with a smaller number of contacts to save costs. Spend a few weeks getting used to the way it all works. Be prepared to have to maintain your own systems and keep track of lots of moving parts (I use a numbering system to identify messages, sequences, products, etc that relate to each other. Saved me hours of frustration.)

As a small business owner I find Ontraport's integration of emails, CRM, sales and products a real godsend.

Since we are completely online, Ontraport's ability to send customers links to their digital product downloads instantaneously is brilliant. A customer can purchase a product at 2 AM our time and receive the product within minutes while we are still asleep.

Kyle N.

"Good marketing automation software"

What do you like best?

Ontraport has helped me automate my marketing campaigns for a couple of clients. It's extremely useful to be able to track my contacts, and email them, add tags based on their actions, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some tasks are a bit tedious. The email editor isn't the best, and the new Ontramail and Ontraform features are far too restrictive. Rules and sequences can also be a bit restrictive, but are overall very useful across the board.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into other options and do your homework. There might be better options out there. However, OP is pretty robust, and the support team is outstanding. Most helpful and personal support staff I have worked with from any software vendor.

Once set up for a client, the software allows me to collect/store lead information, and tract the actions those leads take once they're in the system. This is very useful because it allows us to monitor user behavior, and modify campaigns as needed. OP is also extremely beneficial because it allows us to automate our email campaigns, based on how users are tagged.

Michael L.

"Great platform product, especially for the price"

What do you like best?

Very solid, nearly all-in-one platform for CRM, email/funnel creation and management, and landing pages. Since it also includes Boolean logic rules you can create automation fairly quickly and automate your funnel management and systems quite well. Very easy to use once you understand the programs structure. For me the key was to have Boolean logic at an affordable price in an easy to use package. Customer service is outstanding and they offer several levels of support. I have never had a problem getting an answer to my questions in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features are pretty simple. There is no graphing at this time so charts, etc. are not available. You can get to the data fairly easily using a set of queries and the database is quite good so there is a lot of flexibility, but it is not readily available out of the box. They have a dashboard feature that likewise is simple and easy, but limited in scope.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Ontraport is very applicable for companies from one to several hundred employees. To me the value is in using the automation features as fully as you can to realize the maximum benefit. For the price and features it should be on everyone's list to evaluate.

Ontraport is my all-in-one marketing automation for CRM, email, and landing pages. I have been able to establish significant workflow improvements with the automation features that have significantly reduced the amount of time spent on administration.

Emily I.

"Customizable... but at what cost?"

What do you like best?

Ontraport's greatest strength is its ability to be customized. You can set up a lot of fields and rules and sequences to create highly customized workflows... if you really know what you're doing. At my previous employer, when we used this tool, only one person had the know-how to make Ontraport really valuable for us. And for her, managing Ontraport was almost a fulltime job. However, for companies on a limited budget, you can create some functionalities that other economic options probably couldn't give you.

It also integrates with Zapier, which gives non-superusers the ability to still add some good functionalities with tools like GotoWebinar, Clearbit, Facebook Lead Ads, etc.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, Ontraport is very difficult to use. The interface is not intuitive, and the logic can get very convoluted. Since there's no version or activity tracking, there's no way to quickly fix a mistake or see who updated a contact or email and when. The tool is also pretty buggy, with random outages and failures routinely delaying us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When doing a cost/benefit analysis, be sure to factor in time and training. We chose it based on cost, but it ended up costing us a lot in downtime and training (not to mention needing a person dedicated to managing it). For some companies, especially small businesses, the customization abilities and sheer number of features will make it worth the learning curve. If you can afford something that's easier to use, however, you may want to look elsewhere.

We used Ontraport as our primary CRM. We stored lead information, the Sales team used contact records for notes and outreach, and it doubled as our email outreach system. The main benefits we realized were cost - we could add a lot of users (giving our Marketing and Sales team good visibility into our CRM) for a fraction of the cost of tools like Salesforce.

Denny Basham, MBA, M.

"Full-featured Marketing Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

So far we love the features and functionality that Ontraport provides. They also worked with us on pricing based on our needs to we are happy with what has been made available to us. Even though this has feature similar to Infusionsoft it is much more cost effective and doesn't require the significant up-front training that Infusionsoft does.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of complexity here so when you first login it can be overwhelming. It feels a bit hard to know exactly where to start despite the wizards and walkthroughs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make you you engage in due-dilligence and get a demo (and preferably a trial if possible) of any products you are considering. If you aren't sure what features you need (especially # of contacts and # of e-mails) discuss it with your Sales Rep and you might just get a better deal. Overall, don't jump into this without some significant planning because there is quite a bit of work involved here. However, you will definitely get out of it what you put into it.

We are taking our Marketing Automation to the next level after working with LeadOutcome for a bit. Ultimately we want very robust follow-up with detailed scoring and ranking for all of our campaigns with tight integrations to other platforms. We also like that you can send physical postcards and SMS messages in addition to the new Facebook integration. Overall we are building campaigns for lead nurturing, customer acquisition, customer onboarding and ongoing communications.

Tracey B.

"I have been searching for a system that does this forever"

What do you like best?

That I can track all my marketing all the way through the funnel and it has great email marketing in particular that is fully integrated.

What do you dislike?

It does not include scheduling and the call tracking feature is clunky because you have to use tasks and email instead of being able to do it within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, do it. Best CRM/marketing automation system I've ever seen and I have seen a LOT!

Email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing management and analysis, operations and task management, lead conversion and funnel management.

"Great salesfunnel automation options but restrictive templates"

What do you like best?

When creating a sequence of automated emails (especially in regards to a sales funnel or a client retention funnel)--Ontraport offers an incredible level of automation. You can send an email out to a prospect, and depending on their actions, set up a variety of corresponding emails to follow. Did they click a certain link that shows they have interest in one of your products? Why not create an automated follow up that offers a promotion for said object. Etc. etc.

The other thing I like is that Ontraport really covers everything you need in terms of a basic marketing/sales CRM. It has automated emails, customer management, pop-ups for your site, and based on your preferences, can even let you send out physical mailers without ever having to actually touch a stamp yourself.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that with every email you send, they include an address at the top in the "from" section that denotes you have sent it through their system. We have our own custom domain email headings, and people could easily be confused as to why their emails include a second party company they may never have heard of. From there, they might suspect we are sharing our info with other companies, and no one wants that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, but know their email templates are extremely restrictive and limited. They definitely need more options.

We are automating our marketing efforts which helps us stay lean and save time/money. It also helps us consolidate.

Allison B.

"Powerful All-In-One Marketing and Sales Platform"

What do you like best?

Ontraport (previously Office Auto Pilot) has made significant improvements in the last 2-3 years. I love that it is a complete marking and sales solution from start to finish. It can do everything from email marketing to sales pages to affiliate programs. Instead of having to link a bunch of programs together, you can do it all with Ontraport.

What do you dislike?

It is clunky to set up email marketing sequences when compared to other systems such as Infusionsoft. It still has all the functionality, but it is harder to organize.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give yourself time to set it up and figure it out. Ontraport does a lot, so it takes a long time to set up. However, don't get too frustrated. Ontraport has a great support system via chat and phone, and they have great documentation to help you get started.

Marketing and sales. It is a big time saver to have the entire process from the start of the funnel to the end.

Karen K.

"Absolute Necessary Business Tool!"

What do you like best?

First off, the support at Ontraport is like no other. The response rate is high and they go way out of their way to help. The support staff always goes above and beyond. Plus they have an amazing Facebook group that cultivates community and sharing.

What I love about Ontraport itself is the structure and logic it is based upon. I am a very linear, logical person and everything within Ontraport is laid out in that way. On the surface it may not look as fancy as something like Infusionsoft, but underneath it is HUGELY powerful. And EASIER to learn.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot except that there are a few quirks here and there. But the team is so dedicated and always improving things, and communicating to their users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn how to set up your workflows and systems properly from the start! Really take the time to figure that out and it will save you headaches down the road.

We have all of our business processes set up within OP - automating people signing up to our list, purchasing services etc. With thousands of contacts it would be impossible to handle any type of automation or workflows without a system like OP.

AE
Administrator in Education Management

"An incredible platform. The best I've used in 10+ years running my own businesses"

What do you like best?

Ontraport is the best small business software out there, bar none. Flexible. Easy to use. Intuitive. And SUPER powerful.

Since we've implemented Ontraport we have saved literally 0.8 of a staff member's time in admin and tasks (our previous platforms were SugarCRM, Infusionsoft). That's, like, $40,000 worth of saved time!!!

I LOVE the fact that it is effectively an all-in-one solution that will be enough for pretty much any small to medium sized business. However, its potential is basically limitless if you need to do deep integrations with other systems too...so even the stuff where our business works 'out of the box' we are able to easily connect Ontraport to other platforms for highly specialised work.

What else.....

Their Customer Support are phenomenal. The best out there. They are online, like 18 hours per day (maybe a little less on weekends) and you can call, chat or email in....and actually get a real response, no matter how small the question. Their online Facebook community is like nothing I've ever seen too - responsive, supportive, funny...

The new release of Ontraport (version 5) is a game changer. Can't wait to see how this company keeps evolving in the coming years - get on board now!

What do you dislike?

The fact we can't do Postcards here in Australia is a bit of a pain, but that's related to an external integration (I'm guessing), so not really OPs fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product will change your business BUT you have to spend enough time working on it. Set aside a couple of hours to work ON (not IN) your account each week and you will reap the rewards.

We have automated parts of our workflow that I didn't think were possible. We've integrated our marketing (e.g. Facebook ads) directly in with our client support (Ontraport's CRM features) so our business has become so much more streamlined. We've literally saved tens of thousands of dollars in staff time and have only been using it for about 9 months.

AI
Agency in Internet

"A lot of problems and bugs, terrible CRM and email template design features."

What do you like best?

Support seems responsive but it really does not make sense when features are not good;

What do you dislike?

1- Terrible CRM features. there is absolutely no logic. I am a software developer and run marketing agency and have used many CRMs like infusionsoft, agilecrm, basecamp, salesforce, teamwork, but this was the worst.

2- Their email design editor is not user friendly, we were so frustrated that we ended up using html source code and wasted a lot of time.

3- System can be very slow and not responding at times.

4- System can cause a lot of troubles by sending wrong material. For example, we merged and sent xmas card to all of our clients but one side was totally messed up and printed with another companies message and image instead of ours.

5- Does not work with Chrome

6- Ecommerce payment part is very basic. you can not run a simple shopping cart.

7- No visual Campaign automation editor. you can not create a logical work flow. You have to do it on paper manually and keep good offline records because everything is everywhere. bad layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

do not use it. we switched to agilecrm and we are really happy with it.

I have not realized any benefits, wasted a lot of time and money instead.

Kim M.

"It's better than I expected"

What do you like best?

I love that Ontraport is an all-in-one CRM that is easy to navigate (once you get the hang of it). I also really love the customer service they provide. They have an active Facebook community led by Ontraport staff that is really top notch. Also they chat option is available about 20 hours a day.

What do you dislike?

It takes some getting used to. I had to hire a team member to support the setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely. I tell all of my colleagues that if they can make the monthly investment - Ontraport is the way to go.

My email subscribers are much more engaged and my conversions have increased.

Muhammad Imran N.

"Almost Essential Platform for Publishers and Advertisers"

What do you like best?

As a blogger and affiliate marketer for last 3+ years, I would like to say it is the best and essential network for bloggers, internet marketers, and publishers to make money by promoting more products which are available on Ontraport.

What do you dislike?

It needs some improvement regarding dashboard, tracking and earning reports. Otherwise, everything is just fine and good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

so far I have no not any recommendations.

I am using few products affiliation on my site which are available on Ontraport. Using it for promoting more products on my blog to make more money, thats it :)

UP
User in Program Development

"All in one cart, email, and landing pages"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't need separate software for my purchases and landing pages

What do you dislike?

I don't think the design on the landing pages is that pretty compared to some others

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should have a decent sized list or be making a good amount of online sales before switching because it does cost about $300/per month

I'm able to save money and make online sales easier by automating my sales process

AP
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Useful and great chat customer service"

What do you like best?

I love that it has so many uses! We can send out newsletters, have landing pages, add products and coupon codes quickly, etc. I also love their online chat support that can help right away with any issues.

What do you dislike?

It isn't incredibly user friendly (to find where to add certain items such as coupon codes isn't necessarily where you would expect it to be) but they have great online support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it but take advantage of the online support where you see deficiencies.

We needed to integrate our newsletters, website, etc. so that it was all in one place and Ontraport has done that for us.

April I.

"One of the BEST decisions I made for my business"

What do you like best?

By far, the customer service and their company culture. I think of Ontraport as my trusted business partner

What do you dislike?

I wish there was countdown timer capabilities in the emails

I was able to streamline my membership, shopping cart, affiliate program, CRM and so much more!

UE
User in Education Management

"Great for customer satisfaction "

What do you like best?

I like that in acne to carry around with me a snapshot of my business. I can access data, tools, and customer infor in a second. Extremely helpful on the go and in the moment

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, no complaints as of yet

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great app for the busy person

As my personal business is growing, it's harder to organize client info, personal info, and business details. I don't want yo face to lug around a computer and I need quick access to information

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Oh, so bad. So very bad."

What do you like best?

That we are not using it any more. I don't really have 40 characters of stuff to say except that we are SO HAPPY to be away from Ontraport.

What do you dislike?

That we ever used it in the first place. I don't really have 40 characters of stuff to say except that we are SO HAPPY to be away from Ontraport.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't do it. Don't waste another minute even thinking about it. Your business is too important for that kind of risk.

To many problems to list so lets stick with business-killing upgrades and non-responsive customer service. Benefits? Well, they forced us to find a stable platform. So, thanks for that.

Racheal C.

"Updated Review:: Ontraport is a LOT for not much support."

What do you like best?

When I decided to dramatically uplevel my consulting business - The Yogipreneur - I knew my business model was shifting from 1 to 1 services to online training programs. As I started to build out my suite of training programs, I quickly realized that I needed 5 different solutions {membership software, video hosting, automated email marketing, affiliate management, and shopping cart} to handle what Ontraport offered in ONE. I love that all my programs can exist under one roof - especially since many of my clients end up purchasing several different program - and they can log into my membership site ONCE to access them all. Since moving to Ontraport, I've easily seen 3X growth in my business in the past 2 years {with my revenues moving from 80% 1 on 1 consulting to 80% online training programs}.

Update August 2014 - At this time, after experiencing little to no support from Ontraport as my business continued to grow, I have moved to Simplero.com - a similar all-in-one platform with incredibly 1x1 support and personalized service.

What do you dislike?

Ontraport has features upon features and I'm slowly learning them all! I really didn't have the time to master the software before using it... and that's been the greatest weakness. I'm thrilled to know that Ontraport is now certifying people to use it - I'm excited that my team will be able to become experts and it will be easier to hire people for specific projects.

Update August 2014 - After spending over 2 years {that's over $7200} on Ontraport and never utilizing all the features, PLUS needing to hire developers to run my membership site, I've dramatically reduced my ongoing expenses with Simplero.com. It got to the point where I was looking at spending another $1,000 per month on a team member just to manage Ontraport.

The real straw that broke the camels back was the diminishing level of support. It seemed that as Ontraport grew, the "personal super hero" I was supposed to have on call dissapeared and I was left to figure a LOT out on my own.

With Ontraport, I replaced 5 different systems that were clunky and held together with duct tape. Seriously - when you're building a business that depends on online programs being delivered, there is nothing worse than dealing with lots of support questions because access to a program wasn't delivered when they checked out... or realizing that a payment was missed and having to manually follow-up. Ontraport makes all the systems work together seamlessly + dramatically simplifies all the processes you need to run your biz!

Update August 2014 - Yes, Ontraport does many many things... but I was not able to utilize many of them without needing additional support, which I couldn't get from Ontraport without paying their conceirge team {which always had a wait list} or hiring a consultant. So much happier with the support I'm receiving at Simplero.com

I would say only go after Ontraport if you're really planning to utilize the if-then tagging capabilities and do much more advanced marketing.

Andrew D.

"After being a paid member of Ontraport I personally found the service to be lacking"

What do you like best?

After reading through the website and tutorials the system looks great and would really help our business, the truth being that the company has not rectified issues that are 100% necessary to allow us to use the product. Very disappointing and expensive to say the least.

What do you dislike?

As we all know we all have businesses to run and I personally think that 8 days is too much time to leave a business in limbo. I know some people are just frustrated when they write in these posts yet I can clearly say the service and functionality from Ontraport is well below par. So if you are busy and you need a CRM solution I strongly advice to try another company. I now have 90 days to wait before I can get my money back and I sincerely hope Ontraport can rectify their issues as on paper and all of their videos Ontraport looks amazing. I do hope it is not all smoke and mirrors.

I would like to post solutions that had been solved yet Ontraport cannot fix the CSV upload so we cannot even use the product we are paying for. The only solution I have is to find a different solution to Ontraport.

IP
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Public Relations and Communications

"Build A Better Business Publish. Market. Sell. Organize."

What do you like best?

Ontraport allows one to Build A Better Business

Publish. Market. Sell. Organize.

Publish - Publish beautiful, mobile ready websites with a few clicks

Market - Market your business with email, SMS, postcards

and more

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike and there is a good variety of pricing points - getting started, pro or team price points.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

multi-channel marketing automation toolset

multi-channel marketing automation toolset which is designed to follow-up with every lead, customer and partner inquiry via email, phone calls, direct mail postcards, SMS — and more and just getting started with this system...cannot wait to see our results.

Phil P.

"Absolutely Fantastic"

What do you like best?

VERY easy to use

EXTREMELY flexible

REMARKABLY reliable

OUTSTANDING support

Always improving

Tons of features that no other system has.

I couldn't run my operation without it.

What do you dislike?

As crazy as this sounds, I don't have anything to complain about. The few bugs I have experienced over the years were usually not bugs at all, but user error (meaning, it was my fault).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have enough customer / lead flow to afford it, there is no better system available. It is absolutely fantastic.

Organizes the communications of my company with my customers. My business has exploded in the past 3 years since using it. I used to use 1ShoppingCart and Ontraport is night and day. It rocks. I have friends that use InfusionSoft. Ontraport is in an entirely different league. This is the best software I have ever used in business and recommend it to anyone who has a signficant customer base and needs to have a first class marketing engine. There is so much praise I have for Ontraport. A TON of software companies should study what Ontraport did. They are special. (Also, everyone who I have recommended this service to, has the same feelings I have on their service after using it.)

Eric F.

"Business Automation Masterpiece "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for me to use the software for way more than just lead generation, marketing and sales. I have all my business metrics, and internal management running through Ontraport.

What do you dislike?

I haven not been able to send emails from my ipad using Ontraport. I can update records and check on customers but the email is the only thing that slows down my mobile productivity. I can send emails through my normal ipad email app it just isn't through the Ontraport email server so all my tracking will not show up. Open, click, and the actual email I mailed with a time and date stamp.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I first started the learning curve was high. They didn't have all the cool videos and training available for users as they do today. Watch the videos and jump in. I call in for support all the time and they are great.

Over the past 3 years we have automated most of the daily routine tasks that can be delegated and tracked. Our customer satisfaction is much higher because the cracks have been filled using Ontraport. Our sales from existing customers and referrals are much higher also. I love that 9 out of 10 Ideas I have that I want to implement in my business I can figure out a way to do it with Ontraport. It's a powerful tool I don't want my competitors to know about.

AM

"Two Years with Ontraport"

What do you like best?

I have been using Ontraport for over 2 years now and their customer support is top notch.

What do you dislike?

A few of the shipping features need to be updated, but they are working on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At the very least get on a demo with them.

full sales solution for my customers who do not need a full blown shopping cart.

Deanna M.

"Without Ontraport I Couldn't (and Wouldn't Want to) Run My Business - It's That Good!"

What do you like best?

Besides that features that I require to run my business, I love that I can access detailed training documents and tools to implement new strategies in my business. The support at Ontraport is unmatched. They support professionals are friendly, knowledgeable, and always helpful for finding a way to accomplish whatever goal I may be working on. I love their "can do" attitudes.

What do you dislike?

I regret I didn't find it sooner! I spent three years using a competitor product that gave me headaches and hassles. Now running my business and automating my work processes is so much easier thanks to Ontraport.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't waste another minute without it. Sign up right away and start implementing it into your business.

Ontraport allows me to keep track of my prospects (and where they are in my sales funnel,) my customers and clients. I can implement powerful and dynamic email marketing campaigns, sell my programs and products, track and pay affiliates and so much more. I've saved hours and hours of time and staffing costs by using Ontraport.

Kyle M.

"Office Auto Pilot is GREAT!"

What do you like best?

I have personally used Office Auto Pilot for the better part of 2 years and I have to say its the best CRM I have ever used. We are a medical software company that had an issue with customer onboarding, until we met Office Auto Pilot. We used to do many manual touch point phone calls, emails and direct mailers when a new client came on board. Now with the help of OAP this has automated this entire process. We now have many sequences that will automatically subscribe users to marketing campaigns and different onboarding sequences.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were better templates for the email builder as we don't have any in-house graphic people to do HTML. I also wish we could auto post any email to our Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts like other comparable email programs.

Manual phone calls, Manual emails, Manual Post cards, Manual Fulfillment

By using OAP we now have automated this into a sequence that uses steps to assign phone call to a task and automate the email, post card and fulfillment parts

Laura A.

"Almost effortless with stellar support"

What do you like best?

Within moments of signing up you are able to begin setting up your systems with little to no additional help beyond the training videos. If you do need support, their teams will walk you through every aspect including linking your websites and email systems, doing graphic-based emails and even sequencing autoresponders for the highest possible open rates.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is my lack of graphics abilities to take full advantage of the landing pages, opt-in pages and online materials. But then again, their concierge services are great so I can use them for my lack.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Price for features cannot be beat compared to others equivalent products.

I am a strategist, speaker and author so I have website where people can book me to speak, order books, sign-up for coaching and online courses or follow my blog. OAP allows me to automate the entire process and retain more of my followers.

Learning about Ontraport?

* We monitor all Ontraport reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.