Troops

Artificially Intelligent Assistant For Work At Troops, we fundamentally believe that the future of “getting things done” is going to look less like static fields and forms and more like a conversation with a human being.

Work for Troops?

Learning about Troops?

Troops Reviews

Ask Troops a Question
Showing 39 Troops reviews
Dominic G.

"Great for visibility into deals"

What do you like best?

Troops is amazing for pushing key deal info into Slack. We use it primarily for sharing Closed Won deals with the full team, which is a great way to let the Engineering, Product and Marketing teams know that their work behind the scenes is leading to deals closing. Troops has helped us to create a strong culture of celebrating won deals despite having our team split across three different offices.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'll update a field on a closed won opportunity and it will push to Slack and notify people that we won a deal, but I think that's user error on my end!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Troops is great, I would highly recommend it. We worked with Prasannah to get it set up and she was awesome.

We're solving the problem of giving the full team visibility into our deals. We also push every new meeting booked into Slack to get eyes on it from people who might have someone in their network at the company we're meeting with. Overall, it's amazing for putting hard to find Salesforce data in front of our entire company without them needing to do any work to find it.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Troops
James C.

"Easiest way for our team to stay in the loop"

What do you like best?

Our busy team members across all departments - including C-suite - like the ease of being informed instantly on the topics they care about with the Salesforce Troops channels we have in Slack. We are a Slack-heavy org, and it's the preferred communication tool, so they rely on it as an informative resource, and tag in others for comments and ideas as well.

Everyone really loves the Sales Wins channel to both be instantly informed, and to celebrate or laugh at the gifs.

What do you dislike?

Our only issue has been some combinations of fields and triggers can limit some ability to customize your message or alert fully, or don't include a link to the record in Salesforce.

Although it has good technology to update CRM information in the channel that many people surely like, I prefer to keep everyone working in Salesforce as much as possible so they continue to see that as the key location for working updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you decide how you want your teams to work in Slack before implementing editable fields, etc.

We have seen great involvement in tracking and discussing both Wins and Loses. Sales has really enjoyed the ease of reviewing and assigning or taking new Inbound Leads that come in through our various channels. It's easiest to see here in the channel, and let everyone discuss there who should take next steps.

We also use email templates and status change next steps requirements heavily as a solution to keep things moving efficiently and correctly. It's been a great auditing tool for the cross-departmental teams to ensure Sales is managing appropriately at each stage.

It's also been key in making sure I can see the progress of specific changes that are harder to track in Salesforce itself, like opportunity name changes and close date/value changes that affect reporting. It's easier to see all that in one channel than to pull reports with lots of filters as needed.

What AI Sales Assistant solution do you use?

Deanna T.

"Troops is great"

What do you like best?

I love the notifications that come through via Slack/email! Mine is set up for 1.) new leads 2.) if anyone from my Accounts does anything (i.e. viewed pricing page, started a trial, signed up for a webinar, downloaded an eGuide, if the status of their trial changed, etc.) 3.) If I need to update the "close date" for an Opp - I can do it directly from Slack without going to SFDC. I can set up other alerts but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm using Troops at its most basic level. There are probably other features/functionality available, but I'm not sure. The alerts alone that I'm currently receiving are helpful and convenient, though. I should find out what else I can use Troops for...

What do you dislike?

Some of my teammates think they receive too many notifications. I don't have a problem with the volume at all though. They should probably update their notifications and eliminate any that they don't care about. So, I can't say there's anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The setup was a breeze because I literally didn't have to do ANYTHING! I don't know who set up my account (must've been someone in Sales Ops), but it was convenient from an AE perspective. I'm sure I can get more value out of Troops - I just haven't had time to look into it.

I can follow up with leads/Opps right away and add them to cadences (i.e. Salesloft or Outreach). Anything that helps me be more efficient, productive, and do my job better is a plus. Troops helps me provide better/quicker customer service. Time kills deals. You want to follow up with leads ASAP. So, Troops helps me do that.

Katrina L.

"if you use Slack and Salesforce you def need to check this out"

What do you like best?

I like a lot but the best probably it was super easy to setup, keeps us on top of info real-time across our whole company, don't need to go into salesforce for info but can get it directly in slack (keeps info from getting lost also), and it's just really proactive in getting us alerts when we have to update something.

What do you dislike?

maybe more integrations. but everything is great and I'm happy with that they have now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The team is really great and has helped as a lot along the way. I would definitely recommend. Great team and great product.

troops helps with salesforce hygiene (and we need all the help we can get on this one), it holds us all accountable to process, helps our teams collaborate on big accounts, and gives everyone timely visibility into critical sales data.

Nicole Q.

"Troops is very helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that Troops is a very straightforward UI and intuitive. I was able to learn how to use Troops quickly, allowing me to become more self sufficient in generating my own workflow rules. It helps keep my team in the loop on things that need their attention and also provides a fun way of celebrating our wins.

What do you dislike?

One week one of my workflow rules stopped working, so it seems like there needed to be more support or maintenance to help keep the integrity of the workflow high.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have Salesforce and Slack, this tool is super handy.

We have been able to streamline our team's workflows to create a more efficient process for getting things done. It also helps improve data completeness and integrity, as people can assign themselves directly via Troops vs. needing to go through Salesforce to do it.

Rick R.

"Great tool for growing teams"

What do you like best?

There is an ever-growing number of possibilities to use Troops to help the team. They bridge the gap between what you need to constantly monitor vs what you need several people to have a heads up on. Being able to use Slack in conjunction with Salesforce in such an easy way has helped the team immensely.

What do you dislike?

They're a growing company, so some features are more forthcoming, but I am still excited to see where they can go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think of things that you would like your team to know, but not always keep 100% track of. Troops can fill almost all of those gaps in what you use today.

Many teams need a heads up on what is happening within Sales and Service. Troops lets us do this in many ways that aren't overwhelming for the team to keep up with.

Adam J.

"Favorite Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

Having access to our Salesforce data in Slack has been a game changer.

As with many salespeople, keeping up with all the tasks we need to do is tough. Being able to tackle all this manual Salesforce work in Slack just makes life so much easier and gives me more time back in my day.

Highly recommend.

What do you dislike?

There is a little I dislike about Troops. It's a simple, intuitive, and easy to use product. The product is extremely flexible and can be customized easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get started. You won't regret it.

- Search & Edit: View and Updates Salesforce directly from Slack.

- Pipeline Automation: Custom pipeline notifications in Slack.

- Workflow Builder: Customized Salesforce notifications in Slack.

All of the above probably increased my productivity as a sales rep by 15% - 20%.

Dustin H.

"You should definitely check out Troops! "

What do you like best?

It was really easy to set-up. It's helping us keep the pipeline up to date with close date alerts, MQL alerts for certain size accounts, automating the alert when an account goes to provisioning for RevOps to take action and celebrating wins in the #winning channel!

What do you dislike?

We aren't using it fully right now so maybe an action plan on here is what you're using and here is what you aren't would be helpful.

We are having conversations with MQLs faster, we're provisioning deals faster, we're improving moral on the team by celebrating wins in a dedicated slack channel driven by Troops and we're keeping our pipeline up to date with Troops notifications.

Roy R.

"Information at my fingertips, and way faster than using Salesforce.com"

What do you like best?

Multiple times a day I need to know who is working an account or the status of an opportunity. As a C-Level executive I'm constantly on the go. Troops is the only way for me to get the information I need, and it delivers it seamlessly so I can make decisions and take action. I also love getting updates on Closed Won and Renewals. The entire company rallies around Troops notifications to celebrate our wins.

What do you dislike?

I likely only use a small amount of the full potential. Nothing I would change...

Troops is all about getting everyone access to information in real-time and improving communication across our distributed team.

Adrienne O.

"Troops for Reminders"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that Troops will automate Salesforce reporting and send them to the user, so you do not need to remember to pull a report every day. This enabled me to easily view the report as a reminder and then go into Salesforce to do any additional work that I needed to.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the limitations on the number of columns that could be included in the report. I have begun using the SF automated reporting email feature and found that it is a better fit for my needs. The transition between my email and SF has been smoother than the transition from the report I received in slack and SF.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to set up the reports with only the

The most significant benefit of Troops was the ease of setting up automated reporting. As long as you have the report created in SF, it is straightforward to be able to automate it with troops.

JJ F.

"Keep Salesforce in your Slack workflow"

What do you like best?

Troops is a great way to keep your sales reps in Slack. Our sales reps are in Slack all day long and keeping them in their workflow is critical for their productivity. We can inject account/oppty info right into conversations (when I ask them about opptys), get Salesforce notifications in Slack, and they have an awesome virtual gong with some crazy fun Gifs for when you win an oppty.

What do you dislike?

As with anything, getting into the habit of using it is important. The notifications and virtual gong keep it a bit more front of mind for me. However we have quite a few bots in our environment, so at times I forget to use it to lookup sfdc info.

Keeping sales reps where they work most, which is slack. Since the entire company is in Slack, and only half are in SFDC, the virtual gong is a great way to let everyone know of Sales wins in a fun way.

Emily W.

"Troops improves Salesforce CRM data quality & reduces team headaches "

What do you like best?

Troops allows our team to focus our time on prospects and less time managing the sales process data in Salesforce. Auto alerts in Slack are relevant & easily updated to keep our data clean & ready for weekly management meetings. Troops has also helped us thinking smarter about our Salesforce fields and allowed us to optimize our instance. Mostly we love that the Troops team listens to our feedback and is constantly rolling out new features that are directly requested from us and other users!

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that as a new product, it cant do everything (yet!). Due to customized fields in Salesforce, Troops doesn't allow us to edit everything within Slack. Our end goal is to never log in to Salesforce again...they're helping us get there!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out & use Troops team to help identify ways it can save your team time! they care & will help solve your problems.

Saves time for sales team and improves quality of data within the CRM.

Stephen M.

"Extremely fast time to value"

What do you like best?

After building some custom processes in Salesforce, I was having trouble getting data to the right people at our company. Troops enabled the team by offering better search directly from Slack, not requiring Salesforce login to view data, and simplified workflow/trigger configuration for object updates. Saves a lot of time and allows us to give more people access to important data.

What do you dislike?

Alerts are refreshed every 2 minutes. This isn't a huge issue, but in a world of realtime alerts, it seems a bit slow.

Bottlenecks caused by housing important data in Saleforce only. Troops has benefited us by getting important data out to more people, faster.

"Easy and useful tool that integrates well across platforms"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and ease of use - pretty straightforward and support is quick.

Workflow enhancement - a great tool to use for workflows when many teams work across many platforms

Slack integration - we heavily utilize slack so it's a big win to be able to get some quick snapshots of data from salesforce in slack to share across the team

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment- I think we could utilize it more. Particularly interested in helping out with projects and handoffs

For my use, it is a great way for my team to stay informed about project statuses and celebrate wins more broadly.

It looks like we have implemented troops across our Revenue/Sales, Account Management, and Deployment team which is great. It seems to range from improving team workflows and collaboration to sales pipeline notifications and some CRM.

"Account Executive"

What do you like best?

-Deal rooms, and being able to have live updates pump into account channels in Slack to keep everyone up-to-date

-Lead Notifications, and being flagged on customer data that we have routing into Salesforce so I can be proactive with customers

-Data Input, by being able to log my calls or updates opportunities directly from Slack, where I spend most of my time

What do you dislike?

-Nothing that comes to mind, anything I'd change is related to our own setup of it

-Reducing the time spent on administrative tasks

-Troops allows me to keep Salesforce updated closer to real-time

-The types of notifications we've setup allow me to proactively reach out to customers at the right time

-Deal rooms make it easier to support customers as a team, and let me spend less time updating managers

Ryan L.

"Much needed efficiency for a busy workplace"

What do you like best?

I love how Troops lets me do more with less. The time I can save in my day with Troops in Slack is monumental. I would highly recommend Troops for folks dealing with not enough time in their day.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would recommend is faster alert time after a meeting- though it really isn't too big of a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this to any office dealing with time efficiency struggles. This will help to ensure proper and standardized reporting for your accounts in SalesForce. It has been an enormous time saver for us.

Troops help me remain consistent with logging calls and showroom visits on time. This is a hugely important amount of information that I am able to maintain for all of my current and prospective accounts.

Laura M.

"Improves workflows for Salesforce and Google Apps"

What do you like best?

Troops has been an incredible addition to our workflows. It creates ease in remembering to fill out / edit opportunities, reminders to log calls and meetings, and probably many more things that I haven't even tried out yet!

What do you dislike?

My only issue I have had is sending slack messages to a group rather than an individual based on opportunity owner. Everything else works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

We've been using Troops to solve issues with pipelines and reporting in Salesforce. Many of our sales reps were not editing opportunities when their due dates expired-- Troops reminds them on the day after that they need to make changes and allows them to edit directly in Slack. We also use it as a reminder to log meetings or calls from Google Calendar.

Dave P.

"Transforming slack into a CRM and relegating SFDC to a database"

What do you like best?

From my side to be truly efficient you should be relatively focused and work in as few separate softwares as possible. With email being replaced by slack, the integration with SFDC reduces the time spent there and gives more time back to spend in Slack with colleagues and with clients directly.

What do you dislike?

For what we use it for I don't have many things I dislike.

In general SFDC is cumbersome and not very intuitive for users, with Slack and Troops it makes it much easier to make edits and set reminders.

Cassandra G.

"Troops boosts morale and keeps our BDR team on their toes"

What do you like best?

I like the in-time notifications in our slack channel when someone books a call. It's instant gratification for the BDR who booked it, and a little push to level-up and work harder to the rest of our team. In this line of work, little joys throughout the day are super important to keep spirits high and that aspect of troops gives us that.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the integration isn't working and then we all get sad

See what I like best section

"Love using Troops in my day to day workflow! "

What do you like best?

Troops take the work out of searching Salesforce or remembering to check Salesforce reports for upgrades opportunities, usage overages, etc. Every morning I wake up to custom alerts for my customers that are pushed to me from Slack. I then use the list of alerts as a to-do for that day's outreach or flag accounts I need to take a deeper look at. I also love how it pushes notifications to my team when we close a big deal or renewal-- it really rallies everyone together to bring in new or existing business. I am also horrible at remembering to put in call notes to Salesforce after the fact, but Troops makes it so easy by pushing me a slack notification after my calls. I just type my notes right into Slack and never even have to open Salesforce. It's great, I definitely recommend checking out Troops to see how it can make you and your team more efficient in your day to day.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to say in terms of what I don't like about Troops. The one thing I can think of is sometimes I'll get a ton of alerts in our Slack channel and either forget to look back at the list later in the day or have to scroll through a ton of alerts to find the one I'm looking for. There are workarounds I could put in place though like sending an email as well, or setting a reminder in Slack to remind me of specific alerts I need to follow up on later.

-Time management and productivity

-Exisiting business opportunity identification and qualification

-Prioritization around customer outreach-- which accounts need my time today and why?

-Cross-team communication, collaboration and accountability

-Identifying churn risks and acting on them before they become an issue/cancellation

Jemima H.

"Super handy and useful day to day"

What do you like best?

I love the automation of the product and how it syncs so seamlessly with Slack - its makes me more productive and in tune with what going on in the business with my clients without having to deep dive into Saleforce

What do you dislike?

A couple of teething issues at the start for me getting the system synced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and the support are incredibly helpful

transparency within the org for our customers

User in Human Resources

"Great for saving time and collaborating"

What do you like best?

Troops helps me quickly view details on an account and change key values without having to pull up a browser and login to salesforce and searching from there.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything I can think of, it works perfectly for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pilot with a group of people who are on the ground, they can often think of innovative ways to use the product and streamline processes for a full roll out.

It has made our sales handover process much easier as well. As a company that lives in slack and collaborates openly, troops has moved us along in efficiency and collaboration.

"Great tool for SFDC ease of use"

What do you like best?

Salesforce, while being an integral part of a lot of businesses, is a clunky tool and isn't that easy to use. For organizations that utilize slack, Troops is an essential tool for easing the pains that SFDC causes, increasing access to information, and making it easier to enforce SFDC hygiene. It's been an indispensable tool for me.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Troops is limited by the limitations of Salesforce. I've looked to Troops to help workaround issues that aren't easily solved by SFDC, and not been able to resolve them. However, objectively this is an unrealistic expectation.

I've used Troops to help facilitate executive level communication and data sharing, ease updating for my sales team, and facilitate our sales process with workflow notifications. It's helped save time and stress, at a very reasonable price point.

Tiffany S.

"Great sales tool to keep SFDC updated"

What do you like best?

Ability to update SFDC via slack, great for our AEs who are on the go. Great support team! Highly recommend Troops.

What do you dislike?

Limitations due to Slack. For example, Slack limiting 5 editable fields. Troops support team is great for coming up with ideas for workarounds.

SFDC timely data entry and celebrating wins together.

Josh B.

"GREAT SALESFORCE TOOL TO INCREASE ADOPTION & ACCURACY"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to set up new rules and workflows. You can easily customize the alerts to your specific salesforce configuration and easily schedule them to channels or to specific users.

What do you dislike?

The pace that the team releases new features is hard to keep up with right now but that's a good thing too!

Increased user adoption of Salesforce CRM and more accurate data

Mickey M.

"Easy and painless"

What do you like best?

I like how the reminders are auto generated. It's also helpful when I'm notified if a client or prospective client signs up for a class or even doesn't attend.

What do you dislike?

I don't actually know how it all works. It would be nice if someone gave a training on how to take full advantage of Troops. It just runs automatically in the background.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the features

Troops has helped me stay more focused by prioritizing actionable items for me behind the scenes.

Patrick W.

"Easily The Most Animated But Effective Tool I Use To Understand Deal Size"

What do you like best?

Simple, intuitive, animated and it makes your team engaged when you have a win!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. I really like the platform as a whole. Scott, and the rest of the team have been killing it over here at WeWork for our Sales Team!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE IT!!!!

Overall being more efficient. I don't need to dig in SFDC to understand where my deals are and what's going on with them. Troops allows you quick and easy visibility right in Slack.

Chris T.

"Troops keeps all the plates spinning in Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I can get customized push notification (Email and Slack) for everything going on in the organization.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a negative yet. Everything has been great.

We are limiting the need for weekly status reports and working faster in near-realtime.

Dylan S.

"Great - Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

Super simple slack usage that allows us to pull info from SF efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at present, a great tool!

Efficiency - there's no more digging endlessly through SF, it gives you quick and easily accessible summaries right in Slack.

GR
G2 User in Real Estate

"Nice to Have"

What do you like best?

Troops has been a fun way to promote wins and spread corporate values.

What do you dislike?

I just don't see enough business benefit to provide any meaningful ROI if this becomes a for-purchase product. SFDC can essentially do everything that Troops does, just not in as fun of a way (no GIFs).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free app until they make you pay, and then I would most likely bail. It really doesn't solve any business needs that make it worth any money.

None really. You can contest that it is slightly speedier than SFDC in pulling up basic data, but it's only saving you a few seconds here and there. It does not seem like enough adds up during the day.

GC
G2 User in Computer Software

"Great Pipeline Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Reps are busy and every CRM click represents time they could've been actively engaging with prospects. Our management team loves the workflows, automation, and especially the immediate visibility Troops provides. Our reps like the reports and the ability to update SF directly from Slack.

What do you dislike?

The workflows have been a little clunky, but they just released an update in October 2017 with a new workflow builder. There's enormous potential there if they can get it right.

We're always looking for ways to increase SalesForce accuracy and update compliance. One of the key parts of that strategy has been incorporating the right blend of automation tools to make doing the right thing easier.

"Very convenient"

What do you like best?

I have Troops set up to ping me on Slack after every customer meeting to remind me to add notes to SFDC. So helpful!

What do you dislike?

For my use case - logging activities into Salesforce - I have no dislikes of this product.

Trying to ensure all account notes make it into SFDC

GI
G2 User in Internet

"Good for morale I suppose?"

What do you like best?

It's nice to see team members getting well-deserved recognition via Slack. The gifs are fun and more entertaining than an email.

What do you dislike?

When it comes down to it, it is still an automated message that gives me a notification and typically bugs me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it an easy and automated way to recognize team members for sales. If you're interested in recognition with what I can imagine is minimal effort on your part, then go for it.

We were using it to recognize our team members when sales were made - we have since switched back to congratulatory emails only.

AC

"Troops"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to streamline my workflow in Slack and alert coworkers about important activities.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality/lack of ability to customize things. Specifically interested in more customization for the meeting workflow alert.

Keeping teams on the same page about important deadlines/tasks, large projects, renewals, etc.

"Troops Sales Solution for Business Productivity"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly lookup contacts and log calls quickly from Slack

What do you dislike?

You can only view one meeting / task at a time in Slack. It would be great if you could choose how many items appear in your list.

Troops helped our team more quickly log calls and meetings which reduces the time it takes to get accurate information in Salesforce. I've logged more calls so that the broader team can see all relevant calls and notes in Salesforce.

GI
G2 User in Internet

"Troops Review"

What do you like best?

It's a great way give recognition to the person who closed the deal so that the whole team is aware of it.

What do you dislike?

It's an unnecessary notification that takes up time for me to go and look at

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a look at if you really need it. It can be a nice pat on the back for sales team members, but can be an annoying distraction for the rest of the team.

We used Troops to send a message in Slack that a new deal has been closed.

GC
G2 User in Computer Software

"A great way to keep the encourage the Sales team and cultivate excitement"

What do you like best?

It does a great good of create excitement around closed deals and Upsells through notifications, GIFS, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of honestly. In our case everyone on the Sales slack channel receives a ping when a deal closes which can sometimes be annoying but it's important to know.. plus I'm not sure that could be something we could change if we wanted to

It keeps everyone in the loop and puts a little excitement behind a computer transactions. Everyone loves getting gold stars!

IC
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"Great sales tool!"

What do you like best?

We use Troops on our team, and it integrates with Slack to keep the team informed of any new customers or meetings that come up. It has really become invaluable for our team.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything which I dislike about Troops!

Team Collaboration, keeping track of new customers and meetings.

UF

"It works...w/o issues!"

What do you like best?

Rather than sitting in CRM all day the ability to get alerts in slack is super helpful and probably doubly so during weekends

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if automated emails via gmail can be kicked out once a trigger hits.

Just faster knowledge of information from CRM.

Learning about Troops?

* We monitor all Troops reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.