Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready

3.9

Kronos Workforce Ready® provides a single fully integrated solution of scalable tools that enable businesses to work smarter — from pre-hire to retire. The suite combines the power of full human capital management (HCM) and workforce management capabilities in a simple cloud-based delivery — across HR, talent management, time and attendance, payroll, scheduling, and more. Its intuitive user interface is fully responsive and provides anytime, anywhere mobile access, that minimizes training and empowers employees while improving ease of use and efficiency.

Work for Kronos Workforce Ready?

Learning about Workforce Ready?

Kronos Workforce Ready Reviews

Ask Workforce Ready a Question
Showing 546 Workforce Ready reviews
John N.

"Good product, with knowledgable support"

What do you like best?

Thing I like the best community /support that have been able to answer all the questions that we've run into so far to a high level of satisfaction and accuracy.

What do you dislike?

We have seen some intermittent downtime. Usually information about outages can be found in the community forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Enlist the aide of someone (who knows the intricacies of Kronos), empower them to challenge your default "that's how we do it" assumptions.

I was not involved in the selection of Kronos to know how it compares in cost to other vendors. I was selected as the primary manager for implementation of the product and first point of contact for ongoing maintenance concerns.

Improved accuracy in time allocation for our work and preparation for outsourcing payroll operations.

We've been able to address better time capture accuracy, as well as improve integration with external time management system (LiquidPlanner) to eliminate double entry that group of employees.

We have not yet outsourced payroll, but the holdups are internal.

Kronos provided a platform through which we've been able to integrate with our expense reporting/reimbursement cycle.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kronos Workforce Ready
Julann P.

"Solid product, unmatched customer support"

What do you like best?

Constant improvement of product/services, quick turn around for customer support. You know that Kronos is always there to support you, feels like an extended team with the Kronos Community. So many users with great input and willing to support each other.

What do you dislike?

Cost can be a factor for small businesses

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is such a stable product, customer service is great. The Kronos Community allows other users to interact to help solve issues or inspire new ways of handling processes. Webinars keeping me in the loop on what is coming and how to roll out new features are invaluable.

Access to the system can be challenging for some of our peak and part time staff but with the mobile app that has been solved. Easy to train employees and managers on the app. The ability to customize reports for managers so easily saves me so much time, Kronos makes it easy for one person to run payroll for 400+ across 5 states and we do everything in house.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Nicole L.

"Kronos Workforce Ready has changed how the HR Dept operates"

What do you like best?

Employee Self Service. Employees can update addresses, next of kin, etc. Also really like the reminders for when credentials and training certificates are due to expire.

What do you dislike?

I would love if there was a training aspect to WFR. We use checklists to assign tasks to employees but the process can be a bit cumbersome. There are a lot of workarounds in WFR also which can be very time consuming. Sometimes the simplest tasks will have the most long winded workflows.

We are much more organised as a HR team. Before we had a seperate system for HR files, another for timesheets, etc. Now they are all easy to access in one place. The employee feedback has been really positive also. The most recent benefit we have seen is with the Performance Management tool. We have a probationary period so it can be hard to track this with new hires and also annual reviews with long serving employees. Managers are more involved and everything is not being left to HR!

Tina L.

"Human Resources Director"

What do you like best?

Love that everything is integrated into one system - don't have to log into different systems for HR functions vs. time and attendance for example. One-stop-shopping!

What do you dislike?

Reporting functionality is not the best.....Have to say that reporting functionality was easier with the last two systems we had......Simple reports are fine but if you want to add custom fields you can't sort/filter/group on them.......Haven't been able to figure out how to show only the subtotals on a report for grouped columns....would like to hide the details for each group and only see the subtotals/totals.....this was easy in our last system but doesn't seem like an option here.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clean up data in your existing system before you make the switch - example: clean up job codes, terminate employees that are no longer working......bring clean data into the new system.

We merged two associations when we went live with Workforce Ready so having both sets of data in one place makes life so much easier. Gives our supervisors information at their fingertips instead of having to wait for HR to pull information for them. Employees have multiple ways to clock on: time clocks, mobile devices, call in number, web clock....no reason an employee shouldn't be able to clock in for their shift!

Kristen H.

"Kronos Workforce Ready is a user friendly experience"

What do you like best?

Being able to see what information will be exported from a report and filtering before exporting.

Having all employee information easily accessible in one profile.

Having the option to use the system for almost everything HR/Payroll related.

What do you dislike?

No advanced filtering and columns not be accessible on every report.

Several bugs, especially recently with the switch to the New UI.

Not having advanced options for things like tying emails to the Job Application statuses in the recruitment module. It would be easier if some things happened all in one step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implement several pieces in the beginning or at least understand how they work and what is offered. Don't just jump in because you have a deadline of when you plan to go live. Be aware how the system truly works before implementing. Use the sandbox and create fake employees or add a small group of people to the sandbox to test things out. Make sure everyone who will have a piece in implementing is involved in the implementation process including the Discovery document period. Have someone who can strictly focus on all the changes that take place with new releases and keep up with those changes.

New Hire Processing through the system and adding in electronic filing.

Registering for benefits through the system and removing the paper option.

Douglas S G.

"A complete tool for payroll and administration."

What do you like best?

I love its interface, it is simple and very clear, all the tools for creating invoices, payments and all kinds of administrative documents, are located in the best way, it is intuitive and easy to use, since I can find everything at hand, and prepare all my reports quickly, and always in the best way.

What do you dislike?

I would not know what to say that I do not like, Kronos is a very complete tool for the entire administration area, it has everything necessary to make all kinds of documents that are needed every day, it also has a clean, simple interface, and everything It is very easy to use, personally I love this program, it makes my job much easier.

both the human resources area, and the administrative part, have better communication, thanks to the shared files that we have in the cloud with Kronos, thanks to the integration that Kronos has with other similar systems, everyone can work on the same goal, with the application of Kronos, I can see how they are working the different areas of HR, from my smartphone and keeps me up to date, of any in preview.

Regina R.

"Kronos - User"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Kronos is the ability to log into one area and see all the info required to do my job. I currently log into the system to look at the database of employees that are clocked in for work. I use it as a risk manager to access the times and dates that our claimants works if they are claiming a work comp claim. It's used constantly for our claims to help obtain the average hours worked for those claimants that need to have temporary total disability paid and or calculated.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about Kronos, it's ugly, its clunky, and although the reports when printed are ok, the search function for all users whether full access or partial is not very user friendly. The search function for a limited user is horrible. It takes me such a long time to find the correct facility and employee name. Maybe this is due to the way it was set up initially. I think, that although the functionality of the software is fine, it looks like it is an old system that could use some updating, but that's just my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kronos has good functionality, and does a great job overall.

At this time Kronos is used by our company across 27 nursing facilities and their employees who clock in. I think this benefits us 100% so that we are able to calculate correct hours worked and when employees actually showed up for work vs. on a schedule. I works for us at this time.

Brenda Q.

"I LOVE KRONOS!"

What do you like best?

User interface is friendly and simple. The customer service is also beyond compare. I love the learning modules available for employees of all levels to help them better understand and use the HRIS system. I do enjoy how easy, clear and concise

What do you dislike?

There are some features in reporting that can be more precise. For example, I can only run certain reports for a certain number of weeks versus date to date so it does affect the integrity of our reporting here and their, unfortunately. I also

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely something to consider! Having worked with ADP in the past, Kronos makes it easy to adapt the UI to our brand, make its easy to run reports and it makes it easy to monitor all company functions with in one HRIS. As a company of over 200 employees, this has made it easy to access resources and their customer service team goes above and beyond to ensure that as a customer we have the proper guidance and tools we need to continue to grow with the program. They also have an excellent site community that allows other admins to ask each other questions and help each other.

Running hour reports to ensure employees are who are part time are meeting their average hours to some extent. Their are a few issues with the HRIS but it will suffice for now as we work with our rep to fine tune reporting.

Hillary R.

"Kronos App for Target use."

What do you like best?

I have benefited from having access to my punch card information so that I am able to view my current hours worked at any point. It has also been useful to be able to view my accrued time off easily so that I can plan my time off appropriately and accurately.

What do you dislike?

One of the main purposes for this app within a Target store is to be able to swap shifts with co-workers. Unfortunately, this part of the app has not been the easiest to use or understand for team members. There are a few things within the swap shift portion that could be organized differently and if team members could communicate with each other that would be very beneficial.

Kronos allows team members to accurately know their hours worked and know if they forgot to punch in or out at any point.

The benefit is that team members have faster access to more personal information.

Doreen B.

"Workforce Ready Fan"

What do you like best?

Reporting is a true time saver and is the one of the best features in Kronos. The payroll module is a great benefit to our team as it integrates with HR actions and items seamlessly transfer from one section to another. We have several modules and love how they integrate.

What do you dislike?

Some of the date specific items might need updating for payroll and benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the switch to a great company and ease of use. It takes a little configuration but worth the effort and once you switch you will love Kronos and all the reporting capabilities.

Having all the HR/Payroll/Time sheets linked is a huge benefit for our HR department. Easy to hire and on-boarding as all the information is within Kronos.

Al D.

"Powerful tool, but has issues with big staffs who are shared with other areas "

What do you like best?

semi-easy editing features with great weekly/pay period calculations for quick access and reporting.

What do you dislike?

There are multiple issues or lack of functionality related to approving shifts and adding approving managers. About a year ago, they made the employees default job code come up as blank in the approval screen, which caused issues for us when employees are shared with other areas in the department as well as different pay structure. It took some time adjusting by figuring out who was originally hired in my area in order to know what clock ins to approve. The other issue we have constantly run unto also stems from sharing staff. They allow up to 5 approval managers per employee for continuity in case someone else has to do that persons payroll, but after about the 3rd manager, the remaining do not actually get access to view or approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Depending on the situation you are in, I would explore all options that may suit your payroll needs if that is specifically what you are using it for. We do not use any of the other features, and for large staffs, with shared people, there are definitely other options in software that allow for scheduling, time approval, and reporting that are all interconnected to make the processes quicker.

Kronos does handle our payroll of 300+ people fairly well. While we understand that with software implementation, we need to change our protocols since they cannot adopt the software to our specific needs. We have been able to clean up some of our practices due to this, which definitely has helped us streamline and set internal policies in place in order to become more efficient.

Miranda O.

"Our experience with Kronos has been positive, we are excited to start utilizing more of the system."

What do you like best?

I like how I am able to make changes myself to the setup of the system and it is pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could use some help. There have been times I have submitted a ticket and not received a response for over 48 hours. Also, some of the applications are extremely slow. For example, the Advanced Scheduler, it takes an absurd amount of time to make adjustments to the schedule.

We are currently using the HR, ACA reporting, Timekeeping, and Advanced Scheduling modules. We are in the process of adding the Payroll module so we are excited about the benefit of having a single sign on for staff to view all HR and Payroll related items.

Mary Ann D.

"Organized and Ready"

What do you like best?

Having all HR info in one place., i.e I-9, W4, garnishments, loan documents, Non-Compete, offer letter, discipline docs. Able to help with payroll and view all payrolls. View location HR and ensure compliance. Access to all info on all employees in one place.

What do you dislike?

With several EIN's it is difficult that a lot of special reports, etc have to be done by me. Can't give locations access to everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is our first HRIS and I love it. Like having all payroll processing in one system and access. Before each location had their own ADP and we did not have access.

Payroll for all locations in one place where Corp has access. Rolling out onboarding, performance review and terminations in one place. Avoiding risk to ensure complaince.

Clinton V.

"Kronos Workforce Ready, an excellent alternative to other payroll and time management systems"

What do you like best?

KWR has an excellent userface and allows for easy edits of timecards and punches for all employees. The levels of management approval are far less cumbersome than many competing products, especially if you're in a 24/7 environment. We love the flexibility it offers to approve from anywhere anytime.

What do you dislike?

Not much honestly, but there could be better support options. If you get locked out and need a reset or other authentication help be prepared to wait on hold for a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure you have rock solid physical IT infrastructure before switching--KWR is much more reasonably priced when you can host it locally.

under our old time card system manager approval had to be done locally at the same computer used for time punches. this created a lot of stress for our managers, so being able to access all work records in the cloud anytime with KWR is a breeze for us.

Michael D.

"Soooooo many tools, soooo little time."

What do you like best?

I have very much come to appreciate the very sand-boxy nature that is Kronos Workforce Ready. This series of HRIS, benefits, recruiting, scheduling and payroll modules is a highly customizable resource for streamlining a company's HR processes. You can pick and chose which modules to add based on your needs. Perhaps what I most appreciate is the custom reporting tools and how the interface can be configured to the needs of each individual user.

What do you dislike?

There is a downside of a massive sandbox software package in that it is always a work in progress. There are always new bells and whistles in the works that you just wished you had access to right now. And with each new feature, there is just more to figure out when it come to configuring the modules to your specific needs. This is not a tool for someone who is not willing to roll up their sleeves and really dig into the nuts and bolts of the system.

We are using Kronos to modernize our business practices that have otherwise been untouched for twenty years. I joke that with the help of Kronos we are now going to be stepping into the 2000's. In reality, the biggest benefit for us is that we now have a fully integrated HR platform from which to build off. The right hand and the left hand and the right foot now all know what the other limb is up to. We've been implementing Kronos (nearly all modules) for close to a year now, and have only scratched the surface with what else it can possibly do for us.

Lauren O.

"Kronos Workforce Ready "

What do you like best?

We have the full Kronos suite, I love the time-saving functionality of having all of our Payroll, Human Resources, ACA, Performance Management, & Recruiting modules together in one spot. This has been a major time saver for my department.

What do you dislike?

For the set up of our company, the performance reviews could function a little more smoothly. These have been a cumbersome piece to manage but I believe it's the complexity of our business and the initial set up was not as efficient and smooth as it could have been during implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implementation was overwhelming but it was totally worth the work involved to move to this system. I feel that the system wouldn't be as easy and time-saving if we didn't have all the modules they offer.

Our managers used to "ignore" the paper performance reviews and they would get "lost". Running them through Kronos allows us to keep track of those and ensure they are completed. We have accomplished being a paperless Payroll department using Kronos and the workflows offered. We eliminated paper applications and now the applications are received by the managers as soon as they are submitted requiring nothing from the HR office to process them through. The first 2 years of the ACA reporting were a little grueling but I believe that was due to the complexity of our business and how much our employees transfer back and forth. 2018 reporting was seamless and I reported without any errors. It runs SO smoothly now.

AR
Administrator in Retail

"Workforce Ready is great, especially when customization is needed."

What do you like best?

The best part about the system are it's reporting capabilities. It's like working in a live excel spreadsheet. You can filter and sort columns, add in additional data if you need to, and even create custom columns where you can use formulas to get the information you need.

If you can't get the information exactly the way you need it you can always export into excel to manipulate it to get it to work.

Other great features are the auto emailing of reports to yourself, or anyone else in the system, almost on whatever schedule you would like (days of the week, 1st of the month, etc).

HR actions allow you and your managers to submit changes for employees and approve/modify/reject them. There's some checking that is required to make sure managers selected the right thing, but other than that once you approve it the changes are made, no need for paper change forms.

Onboarding and benefit enrollment are great as well, it helps streamline a lot of the tasks involved with those. Once the benefit enrollment is approved the deductions/plans are added to the employees account with you having to manually add them or add in additional information.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to how things are submitted in the system. If you have a lot of HR actions being done you'll have a good number of people not submit them correctly. They are working on this with a new UI to be released in late 2019, but that comes with it's own issues.

There's a lot to learn in the system so its very hard to jump in and learn it all quickly. There are so many parts of the system that touch/effect other parts it can be hard to see how the web all connects. You may do a lot of learning by trial and error.

The user guides are structured so that they will tell you what the system does, not necessarily what you can do with it. For example the instructions on the training/certification tracking will tell you what to enter in each field, but what it doesn't tell you is that in order to report on people that don't have the training/certification, you have to add a blank item to their account. That way you can report on the completed date for those that have it, and then those that don't have it are out of compliance.

There are also updates every 2 months. This is good because you are getting constant updates to the system and you are always on the latest version. This is also bad since any bugs that come with the update you'll need to deal with until they are resolved. This doesn't happen very often though but is still an annoyance every so often. Not really a way around it.

The area of the system that needs the most improvement is the ATS. It works and is usable, but if you were to use a different ATS you would likely get more functionality. Things like applicant status, questionnaires, etc are all very basic. The reporting is still great but there's a lot that could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implementation may take a long time due to the complexity of the system. Learning the system will also take time since it is so complex and there are so many parts of the system that can be utilized.

Workforce Ready replaced 4 or 5 different systems and turn it into one. We had a payroll system, an ATS, an onboarding system, used an archaic time & attendance system, and paper scheduling. We also used paper submissions for all employee changes, benefit enrollments, etc.

This has all been replaced and merged into one system. Applicants can apply, are hired, complete their on boarding, do their benefit enrollment, submit an information change, view their pay statement, etc all in one system so it's really simplified HR and Operations job duties.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Great transition from ADP - relishing in a true technical partnership!"

What do you like best?

Our company has many clients, each with unique and complex requirements. Kronos WFR has the flexibility and fidelity of configuration that makes it easy for us to customize for our client needs. The integrated system is powerful and provides us integrity and visibility of our workforce operations to better manage or promote our offerings.

What do you dislike?

The UX, while powerful, is in need of an upgrade. This is in progress and, I'm told, will be near complete by EOY this year. I've seen progress and I'm encouraged by it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WFR is improving SO fast! I've never worked with a software company that listened so well to customers and implemented suggestions so quickly. This partnership is rare and special and makes up for any technical limitations. The product is improving at a dramatic pace. The leaders are making great decisions and investing smartly. We have 100% trust that our choice of Kronos helps save us money, improves our performance, and enhances our competitive position in our marketplace.

Compliance! California rules can be challenging to implement effectively. Kronos gave us more control and visibility to ensure what's most important in a services business: ensure fair and accurate pay to all our employees.

We've also been able to increase our billing time at EOM by 50%. This is a real cashflow benefit to bill customers earlier in the month and with greater accuracy.

Haley H.

"Too Many Options"

What do you like best?

There are so many reports you can pull, it is easy to use,quick to learn, customer service is great for the most part, this is the best tracking system you could ask for when you are in payroll and/or human resources.

What do you dislike?

There are too many options, it is nice once you finally can figure out which report you are supposed to use. The same ten buttons direct you to the exact same place but it is too complicated when training a new team member.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the training in depth before getting a login, jump right in clicking buttons to see everything you can do.

We are able to hold team members accountable by using Kronos to track absences, tardiness, and early out times. I like being able to add pay codes easily and pull reports later on to discipline if needed.

Michael S.

"Kronos Workforce Not Quite Ready"

What do you like best?

Good platform with a single underlying database. Kronos continues to invest in expanding and improving the software. Excellent annual KronosWorks conference where interaction among Kronos customers is encouraged. Employees seem eager to help.

What do you dislike?

Very poor job installing the product. We were able to go-live with payroll on the targeted date but much of the configuration, including taxes and W2 set-up, was incorrect. We had to issue more than 350 W2c's due to a configuration issue that should not be possible to mess up (box 12 d shouldn't include employer match yet Kronos WFR allowed it to be configured in this manner; the Kronos installation team introduced this error while doing the initial configuration).

Poor follow-through in terms of resolving/closing tickets. Poor account management follow-through.

Very poor documentation and very little access to meaningful tutorials. We are no longer a direct customer of Kronos WFR due to the poor customer experience.

Also very little ownership and help between the Kronos WFR front end software and the back-end payroll processing (we used ADP and neither ADP or Kronos seemed to accept accountability for the reconciliation of the files, nor could they point us to someone who could help).

Also did not have a good experience with Kronos WFR "trusted partners" who are willing to configure Kronos WFR on your behalf, for $130-160 an hour. We found these consultants to be only slightly more knowledgeable than the Kronos WFR help-desk, however in many cases their knowledge was lacking, once again due to very little system documentation and lack of experience with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software and value is very good. If you choose Kronos WFR, look into one of the regional payroll/HR outsourcing firms that uses Kronos WFR that is re-branded and sold as their own. You will get much better service, will have knowledgeable support, help with complex tax set-up, help with configuration/workflows, all for a bit less than what Kronos will charge you as a direct customer!

We transitioned to a local payroll company who runs the same (but re-branded) Kronos WFR. We did a complete re-install and found many more configuration errors. We are now much more happy with the local company who takes full responsibility for configuration and tax filings. We now have the all the benefits of a good HCM system, without the downsides of poor service experienced while a direct customer of Kronos.

All this extra support at a slightly lower cost than what we were paying Kronos and ADP (for back-end processing)!

No employee disruption during the transition either! We love our new vendor relationship!

Joshua R.

"Speedy Workforce Management"

What do you like best?

We have recently updated to version 8.0.13 and I like the "Gantt View" option in the schedule view. It is nice being able to quickly see upcoming vacations and know how much labor is available on a given day. The Exception Alerts are also very useful, highlighting any discrepancies in time cards without having to dig through each individuals time card and look for missed/late punches, etc.

What do you dislike?

Within the schedule view it would be nice to have a full-month calendar view to more easily see a labor forecast beyond the current pay period.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are spending a lot of time reviewing time cards for discrepancies or going through schedules to determine the available labor on any given day, Kronos Workforce can greatly reduce the time put into those tasks.

Being able to quickly see the available labor for the next couple days has been a time-saving benefit when working on assignment schedules.

Courtney N.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

This if my first time using Kronos as a Payroll Manger, and it was a smooth learning process. It is very easy to navigate and if you cannot figure something out the Kronos Community is a great help. That is probably what I like best, the ability to reach out to other clients and discuss problems and resolutions.

What do you dislike?

I had the most trouble adapting to Kronos third party partners. We have the full sweep of Kronos Workforce Ready, but we use ADP for check writing and tax filing. When Kronos has updates, it seems that the ADP files are manipulated. The manipulated files are not able to upload to ADP, and it has caused a lot of problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have had a great experience with Workforce Ready so far, it is easy to use and understand. Our employees can access a lot more than they were able to access previously. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about the software.

Kronos has a multitude of reports that are easily manipulated and can give us great feedback. In return, we can adjust our labor and possibly save time and money. We have also just started using the mobile app for our employees, and it has been a great hit. Some of our employees do not have computers at home, but almost all of them have smartphones. They are able to receive and adjust their schedules right from home.

AMY J.

"The best product I have found for all aspects of the HR function"

What do you like best?

I love that I can recruit, employ, and terminate an employee and every record pertaining to them is in one place. We use every module of Workforce Ready and even use third party software partnered with KRONOS. They are always improving the product and making meaningful enhancements that improve the day to day functions of our business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the BSI option that we have with payroll. It is very confusing, difficult to use.

The security within Workforce Ready is also difficult to figure out at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of all the modules and force yourself to learn the system and use it. Ask over and over for what you need. They do listen to concerns.

ACA reporting module is a life saver when it comes to combining HR information and financial information. We are currently working on adding the analytic data component. Workforce ready team is always making improvements to make HR administration easier. They have improved the mobile application to make the product user friendly for our employees. By implementing KRONOS, for my company, I have an infrastructure that will allow us to grow.

Theresa M.

"I can only say...amazing!!"

What do you like best?

I love that all the tools are at my disposal to receive the help when needed. That is very important with payroll deadlines. The customer service has always been top notch and they really care about their clients. I love that we have all of our properties under one URL and only have to make changes to our setup one time rather than 10; as we previously did. Kronos is very easy to navigate and learn as well.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is having to transmit payroll so early; but that isn't a problem that Kronos can fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!! We don't have any of the issues that we had with other systems and they really do listen to their customers. There hasn't been one time that I have been sorry we are with Kronos. As a matter of fact; we keep adding modules!!

I was able to fix the issue regarding our part time sick accruals for California and Oregon associates. We are able to upload payroll financial information with the creation of our general ledger system within Kronos. Just those two issues alone resolved many hours of work for many associates. With the use of the scheduling module; management is better able to track hours versus club usage and adjust the schedule accordingly. Associates are better able to manager their time off by using the time off workflow, schedule in Kronos and the shift swapping feature that has just come out. Manager are better able to get coverage for shifts as well. Time spent on payroll has reduced dramatically with the use of importing spreadsheets for large volume departments. I love that I can schedule reports to go to specific managers at specific times so that I'm not having to run the same reports all of the time. The ability to have all of our properties under one URL is a lifesaver as well. We previously had 10 URL's for our 10 properties. It was time consuming to have to switch back and forth and then to have to make changes in all 10 was also a challenge.

Chris M.

"Incredibly powerful, with one major limitation"

What do you like best?

The system is incredibly powerful, and contains a tremendous amount of features. Workforce Ready was the only cloud based solution that contained every major HR and Workforce Management feature we were looking for, all under the same roof.

What do you dislike?

Workforce Ready contains little to no functionality to assist with quarterly and year end corporate payroll tax reporting and/or filing at the state level. There's no out-of-the box state-level tax reporting built in, nor the ability to build a fully featured custom report for your state. Kronos Global Support has been of little help as Kronos has chosen to farm tax reporting functionality out in a few different directions. Which, if you want these features, all come at an added cost to you, the customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall - Workforce Ready is an incredible tool containing a wealth of functionality, all with just enough customization for small or mid-sized businesses. We are incredibly happy we went with Kronos over the others SaaS options we explored. Be certain you have partner lined up (or budget for the added cost to sign on with the additional BSI Tax Module) to assist with corporate payroll tax filing and reporting as there is nothing built in to assist you with this at the state level.

Employee application to COBRA now happens within one system. All modules talk to one another, and the system knows every aspect of the employee life cycle. ACA tracking, benefits enrollment, hiring, terminations, etc - all HR functions have been made incredibly easier thanks to the implementation of the system. We are also now tracking data we never had access to before, i.e. turnover, overtime by cost center, scheduled vs actual hours. All of which appear at a Manager's fingertips, or simply delivered to their inbox on a schedule they customize.

Learn more about Kronos Workforce Ready

Kronos Workforce Ready Videos

Learning about Kronos Workforce Ready?

* We monitor all Kronos Workforce Ready reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.