Emplify

Emplify

4.7

Emplify is a mobile-first platform that provides companies with a better way to build a winning culture that inspires individuals, invites feedback, connects employees, and accurately measures true employee engagement.

Work for Emplify?

Learning about Emplify?

Emplify Reviews

Ask Emplify a Question
Showing 36 Emplify reviews
John L.

"Employ data and k - 12 public education "

What do you like best?

Third party surveys provide anonymous feedback about the culture of our organization. The data analysis tools allow for indept study of how the staff feels. From a management standpoint the coaching that I receive from data experts helps me address our organization’s most urgent needs. We continue to grow in a positive direction by using Emplify!

What do you dislike?

I am continuing to develop my understanding of the capabilities of the tools within the tool. I am looking for ways to push out our data to our larger organization because I think every facet of the city school district could benefit from the Emplify process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it. We use it in conjunction with another worker profile product. The two compliment each other and provide an in-depth barometer reading of our organization’s current climate.

Better utilization of staff. Finding out who needs more feedback, who is feeling too stretched and how I can react as a manager. The staff values having their needs heard and I gain street cred for following through by addressing the problem spots revealed in the data. It builds trust and has lead to greater efficiency in our wor’.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Emplify
Laurren B.

"Engagement product that's actually helping us understand our employees!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this product is the fact that it helps us identify the underlying issues- not just the larger, big picture items. The big picture items are great, but they take a lot of planning, time and effort to change. With the smaller, underlying issues we are able to take more immediate action to 1- show that we are listening and taking their feedback seriously, and 2- make changes to improve that issue.

What do you dislike?

I won't say it's a dislike, but more of a challenge to prepare for. When it comes time to review the Pulse survey results, it's hard for a lot of managers to not feel defensive. We even had a few who thought they might be in trouble, even though we've never done anything like that. But I think the results of Emplify are so specific, and often personal, that managers can feel attacked.

As with anything, Emplify has been a learning curve and part of that has been learning how to present the results. We've made adjustments every quarter. I also think with time, managers see that they aren't in trouble and start to trust the process more. We are seeing results in the actual groups that we are working with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is very easy to roll out and the information it pulls in is very specific and valuable. But, to me, the real value is our Emplify partner who walks us through the results, helps us understand what our employees are saying and gives us recommendations. No one in our company has time to become an engagement expert, so it's awesome to have one from Emplify!

I think we are making some progress on the larger employee engagement effort. But I also think we are helping our managers gain a better understanding of their employees and what they want. With so many generations in the workforce, this has been beneficial. In fact, we are actually starting to see our managers take an interest in engagement and really communicating with their teams- and this is the first time we are seeing this in the almost 8 years of our engagement effort!

What Employee Engagement solution do you use?

Brenna W.

"Employee Engagement Tool that Provides Actionable Insights"

What do you like best?

The survey is concise and thoughtful, which leads to high employee response rates. Being able to dig into the data by manager, job type, etc., allows our managers to customize their one-on-one coaching sessions and focus on areas that are most important to their individual teams. Sending the surveys on a consistent and regular basis allows us to watch for trends in a large number of categories, and spot potential problem areas.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more customization with the follow-up questions that are sent out. I'd like to be able to dig deeper into particular areas that are relevant for our business.

Seeing our scores change over time allows us to see how particular changes in the company impact (or don't impact) engagement. We are able to bring issues to light while they are still small, allowing us to improve in areas before issues become widespread.

Alysha J.

"Wonderful way to discover and encourage employee engagement with my team."

What do you like best?

One of the best aspects of Emplify is that results are anonymous. This makes employees comfortable enough to be honest and your results are more accurate. Emplify also offers coaching in each area for management to find ways to improve scores.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is a minimum of 5 people in each group to maintain anonymity. Although I understand the concept, it makes it difficult to pinpoint group issues if they are a small group.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are wanting to identify your team's level of engagement and help improve job satisfaction, this is the perfect tool to do it!

Management has become more focused on intentionally improving employee engagement. When they can physically see their scores changing each quarter, it is good motivation to keep going (or helpful feedback for correction).

Craig P A.

"Make a real difference in your business by measuring employee engagement"

What do you like best?

My company, Student Connections, was an early adopter with Emplify. I believe a key to business success is a highly engaged workforce. Unfortunately I had no way to measure it much less a way to measure if our efforts to increase engagement were working.

Emplify allowed me to track a set of metrics that measured our engagement down to the team level. It was a game changer for us. We were able to better focus our money and efforts on initiatives that actually delivered results. We found it so helpful that we made one of our KPIs and increase in our employee engagement score.

What do you dislike?

One of my early concerns was an inability to dig deeper into issues both positive and negative. The scores were helpful but they sometimes lacked the context that a more free form answer could provide. Emplify has since resolved this issue and now has a tool that allows you to take an additional pulse of each team with open ended questions.

Our business is, at it's core, a call center business. High turnover costs us productivity, increased training expenses and lower performance. I was convinced if we could increase engagement our top performers on the phones would be more likely to stay. After a year and a half we found that was indeed the case. We dramatically reduced turnover as our engagement score increased.

"Great structured process to increase engagement!"

What do you like best?

I like the knowledge of the staff most of all. Doing surveys on my own in the past, left me guessing whether my efforts were effective. A lot of subjectivity was really the end result. I find that the experience and knowledge of the staff really help our company to get much more value from our surveys. Now we put more effort in meaningful changes to increase engagement.

What do you dislike?

So far, I am happy with the software and the process. There is nothing that I dislike at this time.

Employee engagement. We have had lower morale in some departments and some unplanned turnover. So far, we are directly addressing the issues that our staff have pointed out for us. This has helped us to improve in areas that management couldn't know were problem areas without doing the work in being in a specific role. Better communication and building trust are definitely on the rise.

"Emplify is truly fantastic!"

What do you like best?

I really like the one on one interaction with get with our Emplify coach. He is able to take the data and turn it into meaningful, actionable information. With that being said, there are many other great features that Emplify offers - colorful, easy to follow user interface; quick and easy quarterly surveys; educational material to help break down the areas for your employees -- just to name a few.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say that I dislike anything, but I wish that we had an easier time interpreting who someone's direct supervisor is when doing the survey. We aren't able to differentiate between a supervisor, manager or director so sometimes we don't know who the employee is writing about.

We continue to work on role utilization and clarity as well as trust and feedback. We have seen a giant increase in our feedback score over 2018 as we initiated a company-wide 1:1 quarterly feedback program that requires employees and their manager/supervisor to sit down regularly and talk on both a personal and professional level. The meeting agenda is set by the employee and the discussion is centered around what they want to talk about -- not what the supervisor/manager wants to talk about.

"Solid solution to pulse your team's engagement."

What do you like best?

For an HR Administrator the tool is easy to use, digest, and understand. The confidentiality is key and commitment from the company to this as a core tenant has been helpful to driving adoption of the survey. There are regular updates that make the data more easy for basic users to consume. The survey questions clearly map back to the calculated drivers so there is no question as to what sentiments drove the scores in each category.

What do you dislike?

The algorithm is complex and proprietary and with a base of tech savvy users, it is somewhat of an uphill battle to get the bought in to how the scores are "calculated". For large organizations it is hard to segment the data in a useful way. The platform is more of a clean UI of the static data collected at the point in time of the survey vs. a real-time integration with your core HR systems. As the organization shifts regularly, you are quickly looking at an old data set and the many layers of large, complex, and highly matrixed organizations makes it hard to quickly cut data and give action-planning responsibilities to owners. Real-time, fully integrated analytics would be helpful, as well as including usable Manager dashboards/logins as part of the base pricing.

Setting an engagement baseline for our team on which to continue to monitor and improve. High-level (Exec/VP) organizational and engagement action-planning based on the results has been easy and marked improvements have been realized - both in adoption of the tool and overall scores.

Mark M.

"Emplify Review from EWI"

What do you like best?

The personal consultations I receive from Michael Vasey when we receive the data back. This has been the highest value-add to me in digesting it, getting some idea of bench marking, prioritization, encouragement and forming a strategy for next steps.

What do you dislike?

I would say nothing so far but this requires 40 characters so

jkoljljkjljlksakhsdjkfdhjlfhdjfhklfKDWGHKJDHJKLFHKJFQFHKLSKLHKGFJKLdkfhqjklfghd

The business is going through a lot of transformation right now. Our people are stressed. Our people are critical to the business. Recruitment of engineering talent is difficult, and on-boarding is costly so retention is important. I need a tool to keep my pulse on how our people are doing. Emplify enables me to do this every three months, which initially was daunting to me as an HR generalist. Now I find the process of value and do-able.

Vince B.

"Employee Engagement "

What do you like best?

Very professional Engagement Strategy Manager, Dan Fahrner. Dan has been very helpful in explaining the survey results and offering options acting on them. Very comprehensive, granular feedback from employee survey. Survey results validated numerous concerns I had as the CEO. Manager coaching is in process now. Emplify is the perfect resource for a medium large company, 800 employees, $270M in revenue.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. Everything about our experience has been positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Emplify to any company, large or small. Dan Fahrner, Engagement Strategist, has been very professional and knowledgeable. Employee engagement is one of the most important aspects of any company's success. Even the best companies can be better.

Started with morale issues in our IT department. One of our company Core Values is employee satisfaction. We think we are a very good company, certainly our financial results are indicative of this. However, our perception of how we are perceived (by our employees) is sometimes different. Happy and engaged employees are obviously more productive. Also, presently utilizing Dan Fahrner as a Manager's coach, based on feedback from the survey.

Tom O.

"We've had a great experience in the year that we have been using the Emplify survey."

What do you like best?

There are many really positive aspects to the survey process, but perhaps our favorite is to immediately be able to see the results of the survey rather than having to wait weeks, or even months as with some of the other surveys that we have tried in the past.

What do you dislike?

There is only 1 minor change that we would like to see - add the question to the response sheets for the Smart Pulse portion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, and actually implement an action plan based on the results

We wanted to do a deeper dive into employee engagement than what we were able to do with the Best Places to Work annual survey. We wanted more specific detail, in fewer areas, so that we could actually create an action plan to make sure that we were addressing our Team's real concerns. Mission accomplished as we have grown our Team score by 5 points in a year.

Angel-Lee J.

"Great people. Great product. "

What do you like best?

We have been working with Emplify for over a year now and my favorite part by far are the people we get to work with! From the very start they have been helpful, engaging (no pun intended) and fully invested in the success of our company.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there isn't a spot to upload a photo gallery to the app. We have a lot of requests for it so I've had to create one externally which works.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the recommendations the Emplify team gives you when implementing the surveys and app. We didn't when we first rolled it out and had to back track and properly train and communicate with our managers & supervisors.

We are utilizing the app and the surveys to breakdown walls of communication within the company. The surveys have allowed us to be intentional about how we communicate with our teams and to strengthen employee engagement.

"Important data, more tailored analysis would help"

What do you like best?

I like the data being collected.I also really like being able to look at the data online and slice and dice it in many different ways.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't export the reports into a pdf file to share. I also do not like the way some of the questions are worded, specifically the Smart Pulse ones. We always get a lot of responses that people did not understand the question being asked of them.

Finally, I feel that without knowing what our industry and our staff do on a day to day basis it is hard for Emplify to give us advice on how to fix things. I feel that the data gathered and this whole process on the macro level is amazing, but when it comes time to drill down on what we are seeing and how we can fix it, Emplify struggles to give us concrete solutions at the micro level because they don't understand our business. I realize their role is mainly to collect and disseminate the data, but I think this product could really be improved if specific techniques could be used. It doesn't have to focus all on the business, but even looking at how to help individual managers that seem to be struggling. The amount of data can be paralyzing so I think coming up with some low hanging fruit that is easy to address and specific to the given industry would go a long way towards helping the bottom line.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The data they are able to provide is something we could never get on our own. Also, our employees are much more willing to provide feedback to a neutral third party resulting in a high response rate.

We have a differentiation in the retention rates across employment types and job titles so we are trying to see what drives engagement for our organization and how we can boost engagement. I would say the benefits are having insight into where we need to improve but we have not realized any "bottom line" type benefit yet.

Christie P.

"Two Labs/Emplify Partnership"

What do you like best?

So many things...1) ease of use of the survey itself 2) in-depth analysis and results 3) incredible interpretation and help with understanding the results (Michael Vasey) 4) Credibility of the tool with our leadership team 5) the app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is so much data that it is difficult to determine where to focus. The addition of the "influencer" button has helped. Other than that, I love this company and this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Emplify as a business partner. The emphasis on continually improving the product and the service is evident. The personalized service is over the top and the impact on the business as a result of using this product is very positive.

Our first survey identified a significant issue with our PharmaLicense team. We acted quickly by hiring a process improvement team and implementing their suggestions. As a result, the PL team engagement scores have increased every quarter and we have created over 30% increase in capacity.

Howard M.

"Exceptional Tool"

What do you like best?

Emplify allows us to objectively access the level of engagement of our team. For us this is the single most important barometer of the health of our organization. Specifically it gives us the diagnostic capability to identify issues and work to resolve them before they manifest themselves into more serious problems. As importantly, their team is exceptional at teasing out the data the most salient things our people are trying to share with us,

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything i do not love about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would only suggest that they not only try the product but make a organizational commitment to leverage it so that they can accurately ascertain its value.

Employee satisfaction and retention

"Director of Talent Management"

What do you like best?

Emplify lets you know what your employees are thinking. Through the surveys and the SmartPulse questions, it allows you to uncover some hidden truths that your employees felt they were unable to say in person.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have more direction on what to do to with the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool, but make sure you use it to your advantage and what works for you and your company

We realized our employees wanted to know 'why' we existed. This is not something we would have been able to uncover without Emplify. Because of Emplify we have gone down a year long journey to uncover 'why' we do what we do.

IC
Internal Consultant in Consumer Goods

"The Wise Cheerleader "

What do you like best?

I genuinely like the people I have worked with at Emplify.

What do you dislike?

The language in some of the questions. They speak my language and understand the challenges I am facing, not only with the lower engagement scores, but the responses to those scores from Leadership.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be ready to take action or it will have the counter result on your engagement and morale.

Lack of employee connection to Leadership. I feel empowered to have the data put together in such a succinct format. It has been extremely helpful in driving conversations with my teams and specifically giving clear forms of action to the leaders.

Lindsey G.

"Hands down best tool for measuring company engagement"

What do you like best?

I like the coaching offered after every engagement survey to help you really understand the results, come up with actionable opportunities and then help hold you accountable for completing them.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could see responses for groups under 5 people. Some of our departments are small and we're unable to get results for them without coming them with other groups.

Emplify gave us the evidence we needed to make some organizational changes that we had suspected were not working but had been slow to make any changes. After putting the changes in place, we were able to see the benefits not only day to day with our team but also n the data the next quarter.

Susan H.

"Greatest Customer Support System Ever!"

What do you like best?

Employ is far more than a well researched engagement survey. The survey is exceptionally well done, but what's even more outstanding is the coaching and feedback they provide at every step of the process. Their expert advisers are invaluable!

What do you dislike?

Nothing thus far - we've been thrilled with our experience with Emplify.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would particularly recommend Emplify to companies who are new or relatively new to proactively addressing employee engagement. Emplify's hands on support is an enormous benefit in both understanding the data and acting upon it.

We are already seeing an improvement in employee engagement and we feel that we are now able to take a reasoned, focused approach to accelerating that improvement.

Dave F.

"Off to a great start!"

What do you like best?

The depth of the data is incredible. Being able to slice and dice at the business unit level, the manager level, even by age and tenure gives us incredible insight.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have printable reporting.

We have a company of almost 300 people who work on remote sites throughout the state in different capacities. We had become a collection of great individuals. Emplify is helping us become a great company again.

Mike E.

"Excellent Data that has the potential to transform your team. "

What do you like best?

The qtr surveys start to tell a story, which we will then give you exact areas to attend to.

What do you dislike?

For our size budget it is quite expensive. Also over time once you get a good snapshot of the health of your team and organization the price tag does not seem worth it.

staff health and sustainability

Arturo M.

"Gained insights otherwise impossible to attain"

What do you like best?

Evidence-based approach

Confidentiality

Prompt communication of results

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a dislike. I simply would prefer more specific feedback and follow-ups.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before choosing emplify, we looked at many other companies. The assurance of confidentiality to our staff was something that enabled us to get more honest and relevant information.

Employee morale

Identification of problem areas

Karen B.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

the actionable data is such a helpful tool especially talking to highly analytical people

What do you dislike?

sometimes i wish there were more tactical solutions to lower scores.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to have top level buy-in.

Meaning - we are really focusing on trying to help all of our employees understand how important they are to the company.

"Great Data and Insight"

What do you like best?

The quantity and quality data received from the surveys is extremely helpful. The follow up with an Emplify Employee Engagement Strategist guides you through deciphering the data and figuring out ways to respond to employees in order to complete the process.

What do you dislike?

The follow up questions (Smart Pulse) from the original survey can be confusing to employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are man employee engagement platforms available on the market. Be sure to know your culture before picking one. Emplify was the best fit for us.

Employee/Manager feedback, Meaning, and Professional Development.

E
Executive Sponsor

"Company Culture Transformation!"

What do you like best?

Through our quarterly engagement survey, I am in touch with our employee's engagement health throughout the company, which is very important with our multiple offices and job sites.

What do you dislike?

The quarterly surveys come around quickly and each one takes careful review of our constituencies before launching. A misplaced character or space creates a new constituency group, which has caused us a few problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Employee Engagement is a challenging process that requires perseverance and deep commitment. Commit to it and your company culture will be transformed. Emplify will coach and encourage you through every step of the process.

I have identified leadership issues in several work groups through the heat maps that revealed issues requiring immediate attention. Michael Vasey's coaching has helped us develop leaders in many of the groups that were having troubles.

Learn more about Emplify

Emplify Videos

Learning about Emplify?

* We monitor all Emplify reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.