Caspio Reviews & Product Details

Caspio Overview

What is Caspio?

Caspio is the world’s leading LOW-CODE platform for building online database applications without coding. Ranked a Leader by Forrester Research, the all-in-one platform provides everything you need to digitally transform business operations and workflows. It includes an integrated cloud database, a visual application builder, enterprise-grade security, regulatory compliance, and scalable global infrastructure. See why Caspio is trusted by over 15,000 companies worldwide. Try it for FREE.

Caspio Details
Discussions
Caspio Community
German, Greek, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

Caspio is an online database platform for creating business applications, custom forms and reports fast and without coding.

As a pioneer in the cloud industry since early 2000, Caspio's database platform is designed with enterprise-grade scalability, security, speed and is able to support HIPAA. All Caspio plans are competitively priced and allow unlimited users.

Caspio
2000
Sunnyvale, CA
@Caspio

Caspio Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Caspio community
Have you used Caspio before?

Caspio Reviews

Showing 20 Caspio reviews
Already have Caspio?
Senior Data Scientist
Financial Services
Inside Sales
What do you like best?

I really enjoy the Caspio user interface/use experience. It allows color coordinating, data field matching, and more to ensure your custom database is aligned in one dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the past, some data fields misaligned- but their support was quick to ensure everything was fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very user friendly! You do not need to have a background in coding or data to utilize this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Caspio to do manual email campaigns with intent data. It was great to be able to centralize all of my data into one dashboard. Being in sales/marketing, I do not have a coding background so Caspio made it simple to get my job done with easy to use tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Program Manager
What do you like best?

Caspio has the capability of creating apps with almost no coding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it is a no code platform it still requires a lot of time to get trained on how you can make use of the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great project managers to help with deployment, it’s cheap and affordable. Also the compliance plans are very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves a lot of time, doesn’t require a developer, it’s mainly a DIY Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

After being reassured several times that my use case was "simple" and shouldn't take long to implement I decided to move forward with subscribing. Needless to say that was not the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Aggressive sales team called with the promise of incorporating Caspio as database that would replace Microsoft Access and Excel. Heaving Data wrangling proved to be impossible on the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look Elsewhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systematizing Marketing Efforts with prospects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

We liked some of the basic features of Caspio, but most of its other promises left much to be desired. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We're not sure what Caspio offers to companies, but compatibility with Wordpress is not among them. We were told by their sales team that there were multiple ways, including plugins and API’s that would allow us to integrate our Wordpress site. In fact, there aren’t. For example, the limit on their API calls per month would not run our app for a day. Neither of these limitations were mentioned by their sales staff, even after repeated questioning about the costs from our CEO.

We had a fully working, functioning prototype in our old database we demo’d for the Caspio sales staff and they claimed they could match all the functionality. In fact, nearly every promise they made was specifically disproven, and, the solution seemed very limited. It’s UI features left a lot to be desired. In the end, we spent over $60k and 9 months before abandoning Caspio. We finally realized the “rathole” was simply not ever going to work. Every Caspio workaround caused another problem.

Their sole resolution was to have their technical staff work with our development team. Each time, they failed to create a reliable workaround. We finally had to walk away from tens of thousands in development costs because we figured out their routine— stonewall until their technology could catch up. It never could. And, tell us that we could upgrade (again) to get “that” feature. In the end, this wasn’t true. We upgraded and still, it would not do something simple.

Caspio is good at marketing, and willing to sell you anything. But its a rudimentary, overpriced solution. We ended up with Filemaker again (our old database). It’s newer versions are substantially more compatible, and Web friendly than SAS-based Caspio. Go figure? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for other solutions with fewer limitations, and one that will sell you on the product according to its actual capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to use Caspio as a web-based -platform. All what we got from it, however, was buggy Eye Frames. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Easy to copy from Excel to Caspio DB then set up search forms for all the data entered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you go over a set limit you must upgrade to a paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software offers way more than I'm using it for, but I'm limited in my skills with this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have over 3500 members. Each members Radio ID changes every year (to reflect seniority) So, the searchable database is imperative on January 1st of each year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Caspio is very intuitive and easy to use. We use Caspio to complete web forms that are necessary for completion of our job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to suggest edits through each form link rather than having to notify the employee responsible for publishing the Caspio links. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Caspio allows us to finalize our post-auction processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to create your own web based programs to meet your own specific needs. Also the feature of unlimited users; no requirement to pay based on the number of users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A GUI would be nice to improve development time. Also the system lacks flexibility in passing parameters from one datapage to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improve Customer Service by providing tools to the customer to track the status of repairs. A 25% reduction of calls from customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

What I enjoyed with caspio is the great functionality and how easy it is to build tables. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When creating the drop down values in a table, I ran into issues with formatting when exporting the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to efficiently collect mounds of data from a large number of people in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Electronic Data Interchange Manager
What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to create professional and functional applications on the fly. Very powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I dislike not having enough time to spend developing apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very flexible and powerful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Collection and processes outside for our ERP system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can quickly find prior audits and eval submitted by myself or others on the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Previously, on a different software, I would get emails when something was completed and would know that assigned audits were being completed. Now I have to log in to check. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Application went okay. Not the smoothest Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Again, having the prior audits at my disposal helps track progress ans problems for different team members. Same with trainer eval. I can easily review how they are doing and see their strengths and weaknesses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly this software is! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some in the capability restrictions for more advances databases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To create more user friendly and engaging online databases Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Great tool for business users to create their own web applications without knowing how to code Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does take time to become familiar with development controls and user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't have a lot of technical people on our team so we needed the ability to create our own database-centric web applications without coding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Not needing progeamming knowledge is a big plus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interfaces are still behind the big players Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy and quick databases tbat dont need it support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Services Manager
What do you like best?

I love that I can easily and quickly create custom custom forms that are incredibly complex, and can tie several together in interesting ways. I can do this without hiring a programmer, and I can create backend forms to manage the data collected. I don't know what I'd do without this product. It has allowed me to turn around jobs in a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A couple of minor bugs (improper nesting) have cropped up in the latest versions, and they're breaking my dropdown menus on my WordPress site. Caspio fixed the first one once I reported it, and I only noticed the second instance today. Also, while the logic capabilities on the form are better than anything else I've seen, I wish I had even more options. For instance, I'd like to be able to make an "Other" field both appear (from a hidden state) and then be required if the user selects "Other" in the dropdown menu above it. I can make it appear only if "Other" is selected, but I can't do that AND make it required. Also, there's an annoying issue where users' uploads are cleared if they get an error on form submission. They usually don't notice that they need to re-attach their files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Study the company's online demo movies and documentation. And when you have something you'd like to address, the forum can be incredibly helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Super-quick turn-around times, no need to learn PHP or another scripting language. Ability to customize the appearance with stylesheets that I can set myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Systems Consultant Manager
What do you like best?

I helped implement Caspio as a solution in my agency nearly four years ago to meet a single simple need. Since then, usage of Caspio has increased to nearly 20 applications and several more concepts awaiting time and approval to implement. One of the greatest components of Caspio is the very simple learning curve. As a non-programmer, I was able to stand up a web application in hours instead of weeks or months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is the authentication piece. If a user is not an admin for the instance, they have additional steps to log in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend reviewing some of the online training available and using the free eval period to "kick the tires". That is what we did and used that to build the proof of concept to sell to upper management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We frequently have the need to publish searchable data. Our preferred method has tremendous cost that cannot be accommodated without a revenue stream. Caspio provided a low cost alternative. With the increased usage, we have realized significant savings over the other options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital & Visuals Editor
Publishing
What do you like best?

It was fairly easy to get started on a basic database with simple search functions, but it also offers far more customizable options if you're willing to wade into those waters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Once you move beyond the most basic set up, I found the learning curve got much steeper. If I wasn't working from someone else's template, I had a hard time implementing more advanced functions (such as those using parameters and creating linked apps). It involved a lot of trial and error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the support options -- both online and with the support staff. They're happy to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is fantastic for us to be able to embed access to a fully functioning database on our website with out having a database administrator or other programmer around. We can just throw an Excel spreadsheet into Caspio and literally minutes later have something we know will work and that can be painlessly updated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AD
What do you like best?

Caspio has great customer support with minimal wait times and quick availability. They release a new update to their software every couple of months that introduces new ways to use their software as well as speed up creation time. They have different levels of security to purchase depending on your business type at different price points to fit your need. Many ways to deploy their applications throughout your site from embedding to iFrame. Love this product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I've been using Caspio for 6 months and don't have much to complain about. Some features can be released a little early and not everything has been thought through. It's usually fixed in the next patch like most software though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend having someone with a decent background in coding such as Javascript and jQuery to be the admin. With a couple hours of teaching, most people should be able to run this software for the most part. Extensive training may be need for aspects of Caspio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been deploying table and infographics throughout our site. We recently launch a form for consumers to send information through and it gets sent to a specific email address where our team responds in orderly time. Great for customer service needs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Caspio is easy to learn and use - even for a novice like me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Documentation isn't as easy to find as I'd like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend Caspio to anyone who's looking for an intuitive and easy way to display complex data in a way that's easy to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Caspio makes it easy for non-programmers and those with a minimal understanding of database concepts to manipulate and display data for our newspaper readers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IS
What do you like best?

Availability, ease of use and scalability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its boundaries, like no user ability to create and manage scheduled email triggers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have successfully used caspio to create simple apps and forms. We have used it with our WordPress intranet to implement business processes and serve dynamic content to employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.