Skilljar

Skilljar is an easy way for businesses to educate their customers, vendors, and partners. Skilljar's cloud-based, mobile-responsive learning management system (LMS) enables businesses to scale their customer and partner training programs (aka extended enterprise).

Work for Skilljar?

Learning about Skilljar?

Skilljar Reviews

Ask Skilljar a Question
Showing 11 Skilljar reviews
Skilljar review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"Perfect LMS for scaling your business"

What do you like best?

Skilljar has all the features to make launching an LMS super easy. Their team has been amazing at every step of the process, and consistently delivers! For our team specifically, we were looking for a platform that worked with simple content to make our LMS viable - things like Google Presentations, Google Docs, and videos recorded to mp4. Skilljar's reporting capabilities and integrations with other systems has also made it an incredible addition to our team's tech stack.

What do you dislike?

The navigation can be pretty difficult to understand - Domains vs. catalogs vs. course series vs. courses vs. lessons... I think a lot of it depends on how you set up your instance, but helping to clear that up would be great!

Not necessarily a 'dislike' but pre-formatted options for layout would be great, too. I know a lot of customers prefer to customize their HTML, but we're a low-tech shop, and having templates would be super useful.

We were looking for ways to 'automate' onboarding and customer education without hiring additional headcount. Skilljar has helped us to remove the concept of 'tribal knowledge' from our team and really share our product with our customers. We're seeing increased levels of customer sophistication, and decreased time in onboarding as a result of leveraging Skilljar.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Skilljar
Skilljar review by Adam A.
Adam A.

"An LMS that's actually built for customers"

What do you like best?

There are over 800 LMS platforms out there for educational institutions, selling courses, internal training, partner training, and more. They're the most adopted tool for Education Service teams and the lowest rated. Why? I think it's because most "extended enterprise" LMS platforms (in other words, the ones you use to train customers and partners) are basically internal LMS platforms that have just been repurposed. They don't focus on customer education. Skilljar provides a simple experience that's focused on customer education -- there are not a million features to configure, and the ones that are there generally make sense. They approach customer-facing business problems like monetizing training and making landing pages that are SEO-friendly. My favorite thing about Skilljar from a tech perspective is the way it handles data. Of all the platforms we evaluated, they make it the easiest to look at analytics inside and outside of their system. They use a data connector and CRM integrations to export data into other systems of record where you would want to see them. Outside of the technology, the people are great. I appreciate the level of consultation, partnership, and expertise that they bring to our relationship. This was true both pre- and post-sales.

What do you dislike?

Skilljar still needs to work on making their User Interface more intuitive out of the box. I'd like to see more themes and UI patterns available instead of having to do as much front-end work to customize the system. Knowing that customers will stop using a system if it's not clear, I'd like for them to invest in making each page and section be easy to format, easier to customize to meet brand standards, and have a clear path and connection to other pages in the system. This is especially true for building "course series," where it's not easy for learners to move between courses in a series, and to resume where they left off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to understand what you'll need to do in terms of front-end customization to get your instance set up.

Customer education is necessary for a business to scale. Without it, CSMs are left to deliver costly and time-consuming trainings which are often inconsistent. It's not the best use of a CSM's time to continually deliver training, when instead they can focus on becoming trusted advisors to their customers. With Skilljar, we are able to scale our onboarding efforts and increase our customer satisfaction, while reducing their time to ramp.

What Learning Management System (LMS) solution do you use?

Skilljar review by Melanie G.
Melanie G.

"A Training Portal Designed to Make Customers Successful!"

What do you like best?

Skilljar is a very flexible, configurable, easy to use and administer, customer training portal that can also be used for internal and partner training. Skilljar can be integrated with other systems like a CRM, customer health & success, help desk, marketing automation, advocacy platforms, and your product to create a unified student experience and enablement ecosystem. Also, since Skilljar is flexible and easy to use, an army of engineers is not needed for the integrations. If you do get stuck, Skilljar has an AMAZING support and customer success team that address questions. I've implemented a few other LMSs and Skilljar is a breath of fresh air in crowded LMS space that truly focuses on customer training and success.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find anything to dislike. From sales, to implementation and post-go live support, Skilljar is your partner. As far as features and functionality, Skilljar listens to what their customers need and is constantly enhancing the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a partner to help you make your program successful, Skilljar is for you!

Skilljar has allowed our onboarding and customer success to scale and drive adoption while improving customer satisfaction and reducing support cases.

Skilljar review by Kristine O.
Kristine O.

"Skilljar is an extension of my L&E team"

What do you like best?

Personally I appreciate how easy Skilljar makes it to create and manage our content. The interface is so easy to use, I do not need to hire an LMS administrator. This cuts precious time and money from my development budget. As the point of contact for all things "Learning and Enablement", I appreciate all of the integration work that has been put into the platform. Not only can I integrate with third-party CRM, feedback, and authentication authorities, but the Skilljar platform supports a variety of content/delivery options. I have selected Skilljar as my organization's Learning Management System at two different companies because it allows me to change a "no, but..." answer to a "yes, and..." answer.

What do you dislike?

The analytics capabilities are pretty fundamental. I spend a good portion of my Fridays exporting CSV files into excel. However, in expressing this, I must also admit that no two organizations have the same metrics, so I have no idea how the Skilljar team would add sophistication to such a large scope of data. Because Skilljar likes to bring their customers together to solve common problems, I have learned about other BI tools used by other Skilljar customers. That helps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you lean into technology to make your job/life easier, Skilljar is the company you want to partner with.

We primarily use Skilljar for customer training. We want to increase product adoption amongst our licensed product users. Because of the multi-domain platform, we can repurpose a lot of our content for channel and employee audiences as well, without losing visibility into the audience-specific KPIs. This means we are investing in a single LMS and making progress against both our internal and external business goals.

Skilljar review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"A LMS designed for effortless training!"

What do you like best?

My company ahs been live with Skilljar for both customer facing & internal trainings for less than a year, but it's been one of our greatest decisions yet. We initially brought it in for customer training, but I've been using it for our internal training as well. I used to use serval google forms in addition to our intranet page & various communications to manage the program that is now all in one place. I can also do my stats and metrics for program engagement much easier.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything now, every time I have a "what if" or "would be nice" type of thought they come out with a new feature soon after.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

Internal training has been streamlined into one beautiful & easy to use course catalog. It's also much easier to boost accountability & show engagement through attendance, registrations & feedback data.

Skilljar review by Administrator

"Ease of use and amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and speed: with Skilljar it's very easy and fast to create courses and quizzes and to publish the content. With a couple of clicks you can have an online academy, with courses containing quizzes and videos, immediately open for registrations. Making changes and edits is fairly simple too.

Customer support: Skilljar's team is one of the best I've had the pleasure to work with and we love our Customer Success Manager. She's very supportive and is always open to our suggestions and requests. She always has great tips too.

Product growth and potential: Skilljar has been growing and adding improvements to the administrator dashboard in the last months. We're looking forward to see what's coming in the next months.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that fits the "dislikes" category. For example, we would like to see more quiz options (like gamification) but we can't say that we dislike the current options.

One platform for all: internal training and customer training. The potential is huge.

Skilljar review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Good tool for both internal and external training"

What do you like best?

Being able to build out several different learning paths was extremely beneficial. I'd also say it was super helpful that my CSM held my hand throughout the entire implementation.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to be able to view our Community content (in Salesforce) through a course within the LMS, but had iframe issues leading our users to have to open content in a separate tab.

We needed an organized way of training our internal staff as well as our external clients. Internally, training is viewed as much more efficient than has been viewed in the past. Externally, our clients are able to sign up for training and complete a structured learning path to learn our product, as well as be able to refer back to the structured/organized training materials when needed.

Skilljar review by Administrator

"Skilljar is Transformative"

What do you like best?

In the first six weeks live, we've had 7.75k course registrations and have 289 active students who've taken 1.8k session hours. We are a team of three trainers delivering internal and external training, delivering this volume of training is impossible without Skilljar. I've worked on several LMS solutions and the flexibility of this tech, and its endless settings make it super customizable for whatever objective you're trying to achieve. I cannot say enough good things about Skilljar! Our account manager has been absolutely fantastic!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Skilljar. And I spend hours in it everyday!

Creating a global center of excellence where we take advantage of redundancies in training (especially product training) for both internal and external audiences. We've been able to publish product training to multiple domains to serve multiple audiences.

Skilljar review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to Use Tool for Training Your Customers"

What do you like best?

The amount of customization available for building the online courses is great. We've been able to build several paths of training programs for our online project management software, all within a short span of time.

What do you dislike?

Use of the promo codes was confusing and we weren't able to find a way to share our course with our customers "for free" without giving them the promo code. I would also like to see some more automation and workflows embedded in the product, for example there could be some automatic emails send to students as a reminder of pending coursework to be completed. It would also assist our trainers if they could receive notifications if course progress had stalled or any other red flags to help us with proactive outreach to our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product comes in at a fair price, has good functionality, friendly customer support, and is easy to use. They claim to be the solution for customer training AND success, but our success team does not currently leverage any functions within it. I'd say it is very specifically a customer training solution, especially considering the many customer success platforms that are currently surfacing in the market to address retention needs specifically. Not sure if I've seen much change in the little over a year our company has used Skilljar, so I wouldn't say it's the most forward-thinking or innovative company in the market right now. Some of it's features have limitations that I'd be keen to see a roadmap for, and could use a little awareness around their overall product vision.

Customer onboarding and barriers to adoption as well as self-guided learning of our product to increase scalability. We have enjoyed the benefits of having an online tool as a reference for our customer onboarding program, which has increased engagement during training.

Skilljar review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Is a great External Facing LMS"

What do you like best?

Customization with Wordpress to remain on brand in the UI and interface. Easy to use reporting and bulk content creation. Easy to view all content available within the domain. Easy to manage multiple domains and publish content to both domains easily.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use for an internal instance. Unable to add managers through SSO with certain admin views to grade and report without touching the content.

We are undergoing a massive hire post IPO and need to ramp up our new hires effectively within 90 days. The benefit is that we are able to track and easily provide non-gated content to all of the field facing organization.

Skilljar review by Janet W.
Janet W.

"Skilljar LMS is worth it"

What do you like best?

The team at Skilljar is incredible to work with and work diligently with you to get you live. The tool is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The cataloging is a little tricky to learn, but the tagging and filters do allow you to create a very usable catalog.

We have moved all of our internal employee product training to Skilljar and created customer onboarding courses. We are able to see who has completed training and are offering our customers another channel to learn and get up to speed quickly.

Learning about Skilljar?

* We monitor all Skilljar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.