LearnUpon LMS

LearnUpon's LMS helps businesses to train their employees, partners, and customers. It's learning as it should be.

Work for LearnUpon LMS?

Learning about LearnUpon LMS?

LearnUpon LMS Reviews

Ask LearnUpon LMS a Question
Showing 40 LearnUpon LMS reviews
Marco L.

"Fantastic Learning Management System"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to create users, courses, and learning paths. Their support team is also amazing, they always provide full guides with screenshots that are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Only a few minor things like not displaying the total number of pages at the bottom of the page but I know they are working on changing that this year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you create a module it can be used in several courses so you don't have to re-create the same modules over and over again. The auto assign feature is great and it will save you a lot of time if implemented well.

Managing close to 300 real estate agents can be a difficult task. Being able to group them by office and enrolling users from certain groups to specific courses is very helpful. We offer several marketing documents to our agents that are too large to email. With LU I can upload all the Resources to one place.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about LearnUpon LMS
Sean M.

"A smooth transition "

What do you like best?

I called and demoed seven potential LMS systems with LearnUpon being the second I spoke with. Even though I concluded the rest of my legwork, I knew that after speaking with Robert it would be difficult to match the kind of attention and detail paid to our needs. Once we made our choice (a no-brainer with the product and service), Ryan then took the lead in getting me acclimated to my admin role prior to role out. He was with me every step of the way. The fluid functionality and ease in which changes can be made really make LearnUpon the way to go for online training.

What do you dislike?

The best part? No complaints. I tried to think of something I didn't like or found challenging but actually, the product served our needs exactly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it. All the others promise the world but their platforms are geared toward at least 10k users. Not every company needs that. LearnUpon works with your to customize a platform that works for you and your company needs.

We were looking to replace our previous LMS system for a development training program due to it's lack of functionality and bland appeal. We realized that LearnUpon can be customized to meet our needs which most of the other companies were unwilling to do. We have a relatively small user base and only needed specific functions but boy, did they ever deliver. The feedback from the users has all bee positive.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Bill K.

"So many options"

What do you like best?

We used this for 4 separate business initiatives with vastly different needs, and were able to use LearnUpon to cover most of those needs. We were able to build out our systems quickly and get them into use with the right people. The amount of options made it easy to implement for all of the different outlets.

What do you dislike?

The user interface looks good but is a bit clunky and there were, at first, some database architecture issues that I believe have been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Rigorously test your workflows and make sure that they work for you.

We implemented internal, customer, partner, and certification training for our products and services. We were able to have training for all of these and build it quickly without have to hire additional content developers to do so.

Nicole T.

"All Encompassing! "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of adding interactivity to classes and webinars, gamification, simplicity of creating learning paths, click of a button data reports and around the clock customer support. We looked at several learning management systems before selecting Learn Upon. With the support of Learn Upon we have been able to implement valuable on demand learning within our organization. We are also able to offer training to a broader range of employees than before.

What do you dislike?

I like all of the features in Learn Upon

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Learn Upon for all organizations looking to enhance the training they offer to employees. Learn Upon is a great program for companies of any size. They walk you through every step of the process and the support they provide is exceptional.

Benefits

-Creating custom branded portals/multi portal functionality

-Training and engaging larger external audiences

-Just in time learning

-Discussion boards

-Tracking reports

Business Problems Solved

-Saving money associated with traditional, in-person training

Nathan B.

"Excellent in every way!"

What do you like best?

LearnUpons customer support is by far the best I've encountered from any service provider. Regardless of how big or small of an issue you have, they are quick to get back to you with a solution which in turn allows us to keep our customers happy! The system itself is excellent and works as it should, with a variety of features to suit the needs of most.

What do you dislike?

We like everything! The system works just as you'd expect so we have no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product, and if customer care is important to you LearnUpon is a great choice.

Being able to set up portals for key clients has been great. It allows us to give that little extra to important clients in order to help us secure a contract.

"Intuitive and helpful!"

What do you like best?

It's super intuitive! There's very little, if any, training required to get up and running. Which is great as it meant we could get stuck straight into creating content. The customer support is excellent, we always get a response within an hour or so, and it's not like other companies where you have a very responsive experience during the sale, and then get shipped to a less responsive team once you're a customer. You get the feeling that LearnUpon really care about your opinion/feedback as a customer.

What do you dislike?

We've had a few small issues around the scoring system for exams. We've managed to find a workaround for these for now, and they are on LearnUpon's radar so hopefully they will be sorted soon!

We're a quickly growing company and have large cohorts of new joiners on a regular basis. LearnUpon has helped us to standardise the training, and take some of the pressure off of the in-person training team. It's also enabled us to expand the training materials to suit a range of learning styles.

Nathan M.

"A Great Scalable LMS"

What do you like best?

As a new LMS user, the Learnupon platform is straightforward and easy to use. The Learnupon staff is also always helpful answering questions and helping me figure out how to best utilize their platform. The LMS also has a variety of tools which reduce my workload, such as batch upload of users and a straightforward process for importing content authored in Articulate Storyline.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say there is anything that I dislike about Learnupon. The most significant problem that I have had in the past year involved some of my overly complicated Storyline-authored content not importing correctly. The Learnupon staff helped me to redesign and simplify my approach to these projects and solved my problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Automation. The more tools for automating the process of learning (uploading users, enrolling in courses, certificates) the better off you will be. Price is also key. There are a lot of solutions out there, and you can get a lot of value for your money.

We are using Learnupon as our first foray into online learning with a focus on the law enforcement, security, and military community. The benefits that I have realized our simplicity for our learners and scalability for us.

Rebecca M.

"Serendipity!"

What do you like best?

Functionality is intuitive, smart, HELPFUL, and often surprises me with how effective it is as an LMS. So useful and easy. They are constantly adding new features that make sense. The support team is a DREAM.

What do you dislike?

There are just a couple features they are missing (very minor) but they are constantly updating the software. I've had two of my feature requests granted and implemented since signing on and it's only been a few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it now while it's still cheap!

Corporate Learning. Have not launched yet! Setting it up and loving it a lot.

Rasa R.

"Easy to set-up, slick and scalable first organisation-wide LMS"

What do you like best?

The things I appreciate most about LearnUpon are:

* it is simple to set up and the administration is quite easy and straightforward;

* UI looks really good and it is easy to navigate as a user;

* it has the basic features you would need for a simple LMS - for example, if it is the first LMS you are implementing in the organisation, you can easily show the benefits of having an LMS to your stakeholders without cutting a chunk out of your budget;

* the best thing about LearnUpon is customer service - they are quick to respond and very friendly!

What do you dislike?

Areas of improvement:

* quite limited customisation (you can change colours and branding of your LMS but other features are quite set;

* It might be more suitable for smaller organisations where not a lot of courses are running (admin becomes quite burdensome scaling up);

* reporting is also quite simplistic, so you would not get charts, graphs or anything visual to take with you to a meeting;

* it is basically just for tracking learning, course authoring and hosting e-learning content - you will not find more sophisticated features, such as integrated performance management, competency frameworks, etc.

The main problem we had was the visibility of all training/learning activities to users (employees in different offices, geographical locations, etc.) The LMS made the admin of all training much easier, as now we can share resources, track training, report, etc. all in one place. LearnUpon was a good place to start as we did not have the LMS before or human resource to implement a complicated LMS solution.

"LearnUpon Review - Good"

What do you like best?

The LearnUpon Staff - Real - Reachable, quick to respond, helpful. Good Customer Support. The UI is simple once, like all new software, your eyes settle in. Creating a course is very simple. Previewing a course is very easy. Publishing and modifying a course is very easy. The LMS has plenty of avenues for communicating with both the learner and the instructor or the knowledge sponsor\owner. We are very pleased with our choice.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say 'dislike' but there is opportunity for improvement. Creating quizzes and exams is not difficult at all - very easy. But it lacks some things to make taking a quiz a learning experience versus just taking a test to produce results. Principally I would like to see the answer feedback be more robust, clear and therefore meaningful to the learner (for example, the original question and the learner's answer are blurred out when the user is presented with the feedback - not sure why).

But we have talked about this with them (they are very accepting of suggestions and feedback) and they appeared interested in taking a look at improving this.

We sell and therefore implement a software platform to Health Care Organizations. The courseware in LearnUpon are taken by our customers - at a distance. Their efforts and progress used to be out of sight for us. This has given us great control and understanding of their effort to learn and of the progress made (or not made) by our customer learners. It has really enhanced and shortened the software adoption period that we used to live with.

"Watched LearnUpon Grow"

What do you like best?

We have seen LU go from a small, functional LMS solution to a real contender. They have amazing customer service and they are constantly making improvements, and yet release management is a no brainer. The UI is beautiful and easy for everyone. But, the price is the best part. I tell everyone who is looking about LU. Great out of the box, very easy to configure (even a newbie could do it)!

What do you dislike?

So, I actually don't "dislike" this but this is where you look for the challenges right? LU has a lot of fabulous learning features, but it does not yet offer larger integrated enterprise solutions (recruiting, performance management, etc.) and not everything is customizable. So if you want huge and complicated, LU is not right for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an "out of the box" solution- easy set up, easy implementation. Look at the features they have and if it meets you needs- do it. The price is fantastic and it is very reliable. We have had very few issues and they have great customer service. If you need considerably more than they offer... well chances are you wouldn't even be reading this because you would already be looking at a larger solution.

We used LU as a temporary gap filler while we got Cornerstone up and running (which took a year+). We still have a few stragglers in LU as we find work arounds to get them into Cornerstone. We have several times considered staying in LU, but in the end our complex needs keep the long term plan Cornerstone. We plan to keep an eye on LU and keep the door open to come back as they develop.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Slick user interface - great for association providing training to members"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface, not cluttered at all. Easy to load content in all types of format. Easy to change branding. colors, etc. and can add in multimedia links. Usable on any platform - mobile, phones, tablets, Mac, PC, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are some administrative tasks that could be easier - filtering, sorting, pagination and reporting. I'm speaking from a place of experience with SABA, Plateua and Success Factors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth considering, especially for those that want more flexibility in the kinds of content they can load, and ability to easily change branding and information for users.

We are providing training to our member companies around the country. LearnUpon is a low-cost solution with great uptime and good customer service when we or our members have issues.

Amanda R.

"Great People - Part of the Team!"

What do you like best?

As an interactive media designer I don't like being boxed in by limitations of an LMS. I tend to prefer open source. LearnUpon afforded the flexibility we needed to still apply creative ideas in course design and were available to listen and help develop solutions when we hit a roadblock.

What do you dislike?

I'd like greater flexibility in applying my own styles. You can do this but it is really a hack. (Or it was a year ago when I was using it.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good product and a reliable company. They're continually improving and work with clients to inform what they do. I've used open source platforms which have greater flexibilitly but also require greater development expense on the part of the user. LearnUpon is affordable and has most of the features you'd need. Worth considering in your evaluation.

Online courses for K-12 teachers across the state.

Leonardo R.

"My LearnUpons LMS review"

What do you like best?

This is an interesting product because they offer a great support. You can preview courses really easily and it's a really good way to learn new things. The support is always available and they reply to our questions so they're really helpful. It's really easy to use and it's friendly after all.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I had issues to preview the courses when I had to watch a course. They make a lot of updates so there are more bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to everyone to give a try with the demo free trial so you can test it out and If you're looking for powerful features then this is a great product for you.

We've been able to deliver courses trough this product with employees. We can track the employees who don't see the courses and those who view it.

AC

"Great product and customer support for extended enterprise LMS solutions"

What do you like best?

LearnUpon is a wonderful product and it was the first of its kind I came across that checked all the boxes for my use case. What really set them apart was their customer support: from sales to customer success and all the way to tech support, every single individual I talked to was both extremely pleasant and helpful. By the time the deal closed, I was confident that I would get a quality product and the help I needed.

What do you dislike?

Not having more time to use the product was a definite downside for me. Soon after we brought them in, our company was acquired and it was unfortunate that we had to migrate to other systems. If I'm in a position to bring an LMS into an organization in the future, I would not hesitate to go to LearnUpon again. The one thing I think would help them in the future would be to continue adding social features and consider hosting a larger variety of filetypes to accommodate those of us in the tech industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We used LearnUpon for an extended enterprise solution where we needed a customer portal as well as an internal portal. Searching for the right LMS for your organization is a huge undertaking and not all LMSs serve the same purposes. Regardless of whether you are looking for an extended enterprise product, LearnUpon is definitely worth considering because of it's overall versatility, ease of use, and customer support.

In a tech startup environment, we were trying to scale our customer training efforts and advance from face-to-face training to an e-learning model. We needed a place to store all of our learning modules and furthermore measure customer engagement. Apart from our customer portal, we also had a portal set up to facilitate our own in-house employee onboarding and learning programs. Overall, LearnUpon was able to do everything we needed and the interface was clean and intuitive for both users and administrators. I felt like there were so many ways to expand with this tool.

"Great LMS"

What do you like best?

The clean, simple, modern UI and the customer support LearnUpon provides. They invested in their support staff and it definitely shows. From the initial demo request to the launch of the LMS, they provided references, training, resources, tips, and everything else that was requested for us to make an informed decision and launch successfully. The UI is extremely easy to navigate - employees were up and running with minimal instructions.

What do you dislike?

We currently run a fairly straightforward training program, so the LMS does not have many limitations for what we do. Our training courses mainly consist of videos, exams, and surveys.

The LMS helped us consolidate all aspects of training onto one single platform allowing employees to easily access training and resources without the guesswork. You can run a successful training program for 200+ employees with only one administrator.

Elena G.

"LearnUpon has been as pleasure to do business with"

What do you like best?

LU has a wonderful support system with a supportive and responsive staff. Knowledgeable developers and friendly customer service. They really go above and beyond for their customers!

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit limited for us specifically, however, we are a unique client with a complex system that requires a lot of customization. LU has done a lot of custom work just for us.

We have multiple clients, therefore having branded client portals was a huge plus. We like the responsiveness of the site, as well as the ability to cross advertise and promote sellable courses.

Doug F.

"Easy to use in all aspects- no special programming knowledge required."

What do you like best?

Very easy to customize and select who is to be trained. Simple to drop SCORM programs into a class, embedding documents is also very easy. Tests are easy to design and all the record keeping is done within LearnUpon. Almost instant support if you need it. Easy to administer; those invited can take the training when their schedule permits. Repeatable, everybody gets the same training. Easy to edit as needed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike; LearnUpon is updated as needed and features added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent, cost effective platform.

Developing courses without the use of an expensive consult or a programmer. Can develop courses very quickly for a specific need. Providing training to remote employees is easy.

Brian B.

"Excellent Software"

What do you like best?

The Support, Setup, Management & Usability

What do you dislike?

Maybe the video importing and functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

LearnUpon is Affordable and very Intuitive, with a great supporting cast behind it. I Would highly recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking to deliver online training courses.

The customer service shines. Our account manager is top notch as well as the other staff iv'e worked with. The portal branding was a big reason we choose LearnUpon. We have multiple companies and each one has its own portal setup the way the want it.

Steven J.

"Trouble free roll out"

What do you like best?

Ease of use coupled with a very proactive team from LearnUpon to help with set up and ongoing questions regarding set up.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really the roll out has gone very smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing to loose. Great support from the LearnUpon team. Very easy to use system with the ability to scale up for expanding organisations.

Accurately tracking mandatory training & providing accurate reports on who has completed what. This cuts down on the admin time to collate this data.

AP
Administrator in Publishing

"I would recommend "

What do you like best?

My company enjoys the ease of the system. It was easy to learn and to teach to association members. The clean look helps with less confusion when teaching and learning system features.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning of working with in the system we did not like there was not much of a hierarchy option for the courses. This we have solved with Learning Paths, which our members like more than just having a list of 32 course they can choose from.

LeanUpon has given us more control over who has access to our training, removed the cost of printing training certificates and cut down on the number of phone calls our member services team received for small task such as resetting passwords.

Michael K.

"Great product. Fabulous support"

What do you like best?

I really like the ecommerce functionality. Compared to other products that we reviewed it was far superior.

What do you dislike?

We are struggling to get a decent integration with Google Analytics. Once people move from our website to our LearnUpon store its a bit of a black hole.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use their customer support as much as possible. Enormously helpful.

Its a very simple to use, intuitive LMS that allowed us to launch our courses to customers very quickly.

AI
Administrator in Insurance

"I had an amazing experience with LearnUpon!"

What do you like best?

Rachel Spelman has provided me with extension training that has allowed our company the opportunity to put all our company training in LearnUpon. I am so impressed with her knowledge and patience and is always willing to help with an amazing attitude. Thank you for all your do Rachel!

What do you dislike?

I have to say that there isn't anything that I dislike with the training and use of LearnUpon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this product to other companies. It is a wonderful to be able to have all our Compliance Training for the company in once place without using a vendor for this purpose and control our training in-house.

The benefits are incredible for our company to have all our training in LearnUpon. Thank you Rachel and LearnUpon for your continued support.

"Fantastic Customer Service and Great Self-Serve App"

What do you like best?

The customer service is outstanding - they always answer our questions quickly.

We love that we can do everything ourselves in the portal, from uploading content to running reports. Other platforms make you work with their representative for everything, which takes forever.

What do you dislike?

Users cannot be both instructors and managers (which all of our managers/instructors are). We have to switch people between types (because we are not comfortable with giving them administrator access).

Navigation/viewing options aren't user friendly (have to scroll through pages of 10 items) and you can't find where you left off if you are going through 100s of courses.

Learning paths can't be updated once they're published, so we had to figure out a workaround for learning paths that change monthly. You have to delete the learning path completely and start from scratch by re-adding all the courses you need. It takes a lot of tracking on the back end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have hundreds of trainings or users, LearnUpon is hard to navigate. If you only plan to use it for a small amount of users or groups or courses, then you won't have issues. Our users find it a pain to have only the option to see 10 items (and never be able to find the page you left off of).

Having all our training records in one place

I
Internal Consultant

"Review of LearnUpon"

What do you like best?

I've used other systems in the past, but LearnUpon (LU) is the best one so far. We have a variety of training deliverables and are able to use LU for all of them. Our learners like the dashboard feature to keep track of their courses.

What do you dislike?

There are several steps to the enrollment process for our learners. It's a longer process that any of the other systems we used previously.

The ability to manage free training courses and those that involve a fee. We can track hits, completions, and reviews. We can offer certificates of completion.

Learn more about LearnUpon LMS

LearnUpon LMS Videos

Learning about LearnUpon LMS?

* We monitor all LearnUpon LMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.