3.4 out of 5

Location
1-50 of 180 total Cerner reviews

Cerner Reviews

1-50 of 180 total Cerner reviews
Cerner review by Joanne J.
Electronic Health Record Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Cerner Behavior Health/Millennium is not up to par with other Behavior Health EHRs "

What do you like best?

Progress Noting functionality is highly configurable and can be attached to specific user templates and profiles. Individualized levels of security is also highly configurable with menu groups, user-specific access control, homepage templates, credentials, and other ways to control what a clinician/staff member can see and do.

What do you dislike?

The billing module is very difficult for my organization to use as we work with a variety of both commercial and state PMAP/Medicare/Medical Assistance payors. We have to use a 3rd party clearing house and the Cerner product requires a lot of manual editing and managing of claims that might be rejected due to non-clinical reasons.

The reporting functionality on the older Cerner behavioral health product is not useful. We have seen a preview of the newer Millennium product, but even that does not allow as much configuration and ease of use as other behavioral health EHR products. Currently, in order to do clinical, billing, and operational reporting for our organization we have to use Microsoft Access databases that draw exported data (.csv files) from the Cerner product, but the reports have to be run and acted upon through Mircosoft products.

Additionally, the support from Cerner headquarters has been very poor. We have had an issue with promoting (a small upgrade with additional Cerner software) that is impacting some of our clinical documentation and communicated the importance of getting this fixed ASAP to Cerner. Their support has been spotty (some weeks we get phone calls and attention, then others we receive no communication for 3 weeks at a time). The issues has been going on 3 months and still we have no timeline from them about when we can get it fixed, even after our attempts to contact and get updates at least twice a week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cerner is improving its behavioral health product, but it is still not at the same level of integrated functionality as other EHR products that focus only on behavioral health. If you are an organization that only does behavioral health I would not recommend using Cerner products. If you have both Medical and Mental health, then it might be better since Cerner's medical modules are more advanced.

Cerner behavioral health is our EHR solution allowing us to incorporate clinical documentation, billing, and (to some extent) reporting on business operations. It allows for secure documenting of clinical notes, diagnostic and other assessments, management of client forms, billing information, behavioral health billing and insurance management, and clinical oversight.

Cerner review by Lesley J.
Application Specialist

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

It is very well integration amongst its suite of solutions. It supports best practice we have the tools incorporated that are benchmark tools and can be used for reporting. There is the ability to extract data from the system for reporting

What do you dislike?

Very customizable and can often lead users into a Rabbit Hole when doing design work. you need to have detailed workflow and process plans prior to beginning design work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The solution works for big and small implementations. The Cerner M-Pages have really improved physician documentation and quick order entry. The new dashboards are very informative and cater to specific practices and work areas. The ability to move freely from one solution to the next is wonderful and enable users to leverage all the benefits of one patient one record had to show

Healthcare: Order Entry, Allergies tracking safe medication administration streamlined documentation for all levels of care

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Medical Scribe with ScribeAmerica"

What do you like best?

I love that the new Cerner dynamic documentation includes different templates and dot phrases. I also like the ability to link certain diagnoses with different medications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the new Dynamic Documentation does not allow to switch authors of the note. As I am a medical scribe, not a physician, after the physician signs my note that I created for them, it still looks as if I, myself, signed off on the note. So instead of being able to search for the consult not under the physician's name, they must search for the note under my name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that you run through a training course on how to use this system.

I would say that a lot of the forwarding problems have been solved through dynamic documentation. The chart automatically links the referring physician directly in the note. This serves as a good reminder for who ever is reviewing the note to forward the note on.

Cerner review by Michael A C.
Hospitalist
(5001-10,000 employees)

"EMR"

What do you like best?

I was part of the team that developed the notes we are using on our Cerner EMR in the hospital. The Cerner reps were very helpful in the build process and integrating our needs and adapting some of our paper documents into the actual EMR.

What do you dislike?

Some of the work arounds are not easily identifiable, some seemingly simple things are sometimes mad too complicated. When some problems have been identified and submitted for solutions to Cerner we are told there is no way to fix a given problem but other Cerner users have shared fixes in other forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In considering adoption of Cerner one should make sure you will be getting input into the design of your daily EMR forms and the support to change your documents later on.

None

Cerner review by Andrea S.
Travel Nurse
Staffing and Recruiting

"It's just ok"

What do you like best?

The easiest thing to do on Cerner is put orders in, but that's about it. I wish I could say I like more about it but everything is equal to or worse than Epic charting so it is hard to come up with something I really like about it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that nothing seems to populate as you chart. Everything is in a drop down menu or you have to select it and move to another box. It's also very boring to look at compared to Epic, everything is bland black and white, whereas in Epic you can personalize it. I also find it hard to locate different areas to chart certain things. It isn't very user friendly. In Epic you can just push buttons to select and partially type someones name in, whereas in Cerner you have to pick everything from a drop down menu and you have to know everyones full name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Epic is worth the money, unless you have someone who can setup Cerner to be functional within your company.

It allows me to chart, but I don't think it is really solving any problems. Cerner provides a service to healthcare workers, but it doesn't really go above and beyond to help make my work easier. I think a lot of people would agree that it serves a purpose, but it isn't really providing anything new that we can't get from a different charting system.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fairly user friendly when compared to other EHRs"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of the Cerner Powerchart EHR is both the PowerPlans and the CORES feature which is a helpful handoff tool for concise patient summaries and plans. I think it is overall a very user friendly EHR compared to other EHRs I've used on the inpatient medicine setting. The Powerplans are a great time saver. The ability to create quick text as templates also saves important time. I like the ability to view the results review in multiple different views as well as in a graph form.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Discharge tab within the physician view. I also dislike the Outside medical systems tab that is often slow and has incomplete data. It's also not always clear how to best customize the view that you want of your left sidebar menu options.

Another thing I like about Cerner Powerchart is its ability to communicate with our outpatient patient medical records and that labs ordered as an outpatient automatically flow into the results within the inpatient EHR. We have solved the issue of retriving records from all other medical systems, although some medical systems do not communicate with the Cerner Powerchart EHR. It has also streamlined our signout process by having a standardized template for the physician handoff report through the CORES functionality.

Cerner review by Sasan B.
Mayo Clinic Hospital Phoenix and Mayo Clinic Scottsdale
(10,001+ employees)

"EMR/EHR software from Cerner Corp."

What do you like best?

Clinical Data such as vitals etc are presented in easily identifiable sections. Its fairly flexible and and once accustomed to it is relatively efficient when used. The learning period involved can be lengthy to achieve full proficiency. At least all health records are in one easily accessed place.

What do you dislike?

Fairly cumbersome. Multiple clicks to find a certain end outcome, also when some function is unfamiliar to the user its not very intuitive or easy to figure out. EMR software suffers from feeling as if software engineers have been the sole designers and little input from clinical caregivers has been taken into account. Cerner is afflicted by this as well. Feels antiquated needs to be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve intuitiveness. Still too cumbersome. Updates required in all avenues to make it a first tier choice. Its currently used not out choice but of no other option at a certain institution. This can change if the next iteration is significantly improved. Other EMR/EHR software should be considered including Epic systems. Ultimately Cerner can be a solution that works but a full analysis of other options would be highly advised before making a selection.

Patientcare and documentation all in one package sorting out health care decision management and legal requirements. There are several EHR/EMR packages available, this is a major player. Another is Epic and it has surpassed cerner in several ways and has become the go to choice at many institutions, however Epic has also had its long list of major issues.

Cerner review by Robin T.
Registry Travel Nurse

"More work"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an organized platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that compared to other electronic health charting databases, there's more work attributed for staff who already have a great workload. Five clicks to complete a task in Cerner is the equivalent to complete a task in something, such as Epic. I also dislike that it's very slow to start up, as well as during use. The entire program just seems like it needs to be from another decade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Epic. Yes, Cerner may be more cost effective, but your employees will appreciate Epic more because time is saved.

With Cerner, medical issues are being solved, as it helps to see the position a patient is in. Data is collected and we are able to tell an improvement in status or a decline. Also, legal issues are being taken care of, as everything charted into this becomes a legal document/ record of a patient's stay. This also gives a detailed record of their stay.

Cerner review by User

"A usable, but not my favorite EMR"

What do you like best?

I like the power plan function and the preloaded plans uploaded by my hospital that make common order sets accessible. I find the fusion mobile app easy to use and fast for on the go lookup of information

I find the graphing functions very helpful

What do you dislike?

-wish there was a HIPPAA compliant photo application in fusion that would let me upload images to a patients chart

-it would be nice if you could set a triggering event which would auto initiate a power plan (such as admission to the floor)

-would really benefit from a search function to search the patient chart

Fast order placement, I love being able to save my most used orders. Graphing function on vitals and labs really helps me visualize trends.

Cerner review by Graham M.
Clinical Informatics Specialist
Hospital & Health Care

"Overall a great EHR System"

What do you like best?

Decision support and reporting surpasses other EHRs. It's also very customizable, unlike other EHRs.

What do you dislike?

Too many icons on the toolbar; often have to search for icons. There are also too many ways to do the same thing in the system. Also, the requirement to refresh after doing everything is an extra click and takes unnecessary time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not skimp on education and go-live support when implementing this EHR.

IPOCs are easily customizable and allow for regulatory bodies to easily see the plan of care for multiple disciplines in one location in the EHR. eQC allows for abstraction of quality measures directly in the EMR vs. in a third-party abstraction system.

Cerner review by Roseanna H.
Associate Clinical Informatics Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Cerner is as Cerner does"

What do you like best?

Cerner's solutions work well when they are well-designed and stable. Their solutions tend to have a lot of flexibility for how to get the job done and many features that are not obvious at first glance but may be accessed by more experienced users. Their solutions are built to facilitate efficiency and accuracy in many cases as well.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features included on their newly designed mPages do not provide additional functionality and end up confusing the clinicians using it. In addition, the workflows for clinical staff (MAs, RNs) tend to be much more cumbersome than those used by physicians, which is disappointing and frustrating. It is a constant challenge to figure out what some of the alert notifications mean along with other imbedded instructions or labels across the applications. Some of the labels make sense and are familiar to clinicians from their medical practice but others are a mystery to end users without going back to cerner for clarification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product requires a lot of front-loaded time and effort to help users understand how to get through their work, but this is often rewarded in the long run by increased flexibility (over other EMR products).

Our corporation is using Cerner products to help standardize care, to meet the requirements of Meaningful Use laws governing the use of electronic medical records, and to share patient medical records across the enterprise for better communication between care teams.

Cerner review by Cristiana C.
Patient Experience Representative
(10,001+ employees)

"A new but rewarding experience."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cerner is the very detail oriented software. I use many programs within Cerner on a daily basis and they are so easy to use. We used meditech at my employer prior to using Cerner and it was much more cluttered. Cerner is easy to use, and I love the AppBar which puts every program I use under one toolbar. I find it to be very organized. I also feel confident that Cerner is a program that can withstand the privacy restrictions associated with working in the medical field. It just feels so secure.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I dislike about Cerner. The very only thing that bothers me is that you must sign in each and every time you need to use a different program within cerner. For example, if I need to use PowerChart, I sign in. If I need to switch to RCI revenue cycle for a different task, I have to sign in again. It can sometimes be daunting when I need to move quickly and switch programs. That is such a minute issue because once I have signed in to each program, I simply stay logged in and switch amongst them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest it. My favorite thing is that each Cerner program can be viewed under one folder in your computer. I helped to set our staff up with the proper access for their roles in the hospital. I had never used Cerner before, yet had the easiest time learning and helping with the GoLive process. I am very pleased.

I believe that we are solving problems of being unorganized. Cerner allows a lot more detail to be displayed per patient and that is a great thing. I like how in PowerChart, you can build patient lists and it tabs each department in the hospital. It is so easy to use and this increases our productivity because we can work more quickly and efficiently.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"A bit clunky at first but once you get into it, checks all the boxes"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of information that can be stored/obtained in Cerner, which flows well between different departments. Saves A LOT of time over paper charting when done as an EMR.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit large. This system does so much, there is a lot to learn. However, my biggest complaint is the tech support after you go live on the system. There is no person to contact, instead you must log a ticket, which is seemingly ignored until you follow up, and even then it takes WEEKS to solve a problem that quite possibly is a simple 5 minute fix.

Patient safety is greatly improved and we save a lot of time contacting providers due to incomplete order information.

Cerner review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"great ! however not awesome yet ."

What do you like best?

Connects with all the other software in the entire healthcare facility .

User frienddly , however it can improved .

Safe to use . locks after innactivity .

What do you dislike?

it can be accesible from phone .In this era , managers are more in meetings than the office able to check things over the department . Able to acces over the cellphone can be relly a great point to look into.

2. I think a live feed can be provided of the situation in all critical areas : surgery , ER, waiting rooms Maternity etc . and even conected to security .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great software for our changing healthcare system . Is user friendly and provides accurate data for easy decisions.

Always upgrading and having technicins avaialble for answers . Certfied staff in the facility 24/7 for any questions you need .

surgery schedule for the surgery , maternity , gastric lab , laboratory , ER patients

"From a Scheduler"

What do you like best?

I like how streamlined the scheduling book is for our hospital patients and that we can see old orders and appointments to better care for them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't hardly print any information. We aren't paperless and need orders to do our job. We also can uncancel order or print ones that were accurate but have to reorder whole new orders which results in cancellations and reschedules on daily basis. I should be able to reorder or print canceled things from the offices. It's a huge pain in the butt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know exactly what you need before getting the program set up for you. We have experienced many issues due to the system being created in a way not fit for our workload.

We have solved a lot of issues with consistency with cerner. Before, we had to decipher what tests or procedure and office wanted us to perform where now everything is categorized and they can schedule it a specific way so we are on the same page. The scheduling book is also very convenient.

Cerner review by Geraldine O.
Oncology Tech
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Cerner is GREAT! "

What do you like best?

I like that Cerner is fairly easy to navigate around once you get use to it. When charting patients vital signs it is easy to tab over to the next section without having to leave the keyboard, which makes it convenient due to the tremendous amount of information needed to be inputed per patient.

What do you dislike?

While it takes some time to get use to using Cerner, there are many different pages and tabs to navigate around. Also, sometimes the same information can be found in multiple areas which can get confusing because sometimes they do not match (due to being in different sections).

I have not encountered any business problems while using Cerner. I have noticed many benefits since we have changed users. Easier access to patient charts and being able to find information needed as well as organization.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Many features, visually appealing, but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Cerner is visually appealing. I can change colors on my home page and organize this page based on what is important to me. I can establish a relationship with a patient on my unit when I'd like to chart on them, but they are otherwise greyed out; this helps me focus on the patients that are actually on my work load for that shift. I like that there is a dock/table of contents always visible in each chart so if I'm not familiar with where something is, I can easily skim the dock. Additionally, it helps me ensure that I have charted on everything that I need to chart on. I like that there is an option for "other", to comment, and to flag specific information that I've charted. The drop down menu that is available for charting most information such as activity (bedrest, up to wheelchair, toileting at bedside, etc) is comprehensive but sometimes being able to comment is important in clarifying something related to their activity (or anything that was being charted).

What do you dislike?

Cerner is a complex system because electronic health records must hold a lot of information. Because of this, it can be difficult to find information if it is in multiple different places. For example, seizures are charted in the neurological subsection as well as in "ad hoc". My unit has run into issues where one nurse only charted in the neurological section of Quick View rather than both in quick view and ad hoc, causing us to not notice the seizure history for one of our patients. At our morning huddle, we have had to clarify where our unit would like information charted if we have the ability to chart it in multiple different places.

Because of Cerner, electronic health records are easily accessible and can be referred to by simply signing in with an employee login. Cerner is important for referencing patient's charts, history, medication list and administration, and is one place where employees from all areas of the healthcare fan can save progress and communicate with one another. For example, registered nurses are able to request orders that physicians can review and approve or make changes to. At the end of a shift, my nursing team uses narrative notes on Cerner to report shift summaries on each of our patients in order to give a thorough, written handoff. It is expected that the next shift reads these nursing narratives/shift summaries prior to handing off patients verbally-- it makes handoffs less rushed and more focused on details since all of the big picture information is already documented in Cerner. These reports are saved and you can easily see who has cared for specific patients on specific days based on this system/practice.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Using this EMR is painful and adds hours onto my work week"

What do you like best?

The customer support workers are helpful and knowledgable

What do you dislike?

Most elements of the platform. It is cumbersome and slows me down. It is difficult to find clinical data in a timely manner. The default fonts are tiny and the entire user interface is so crowded that it the useful work space is smooshed into the small area in the center of the screen. There are too many clicks needed to enter simple information. Too much navigation needed to compose a simplenote

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd pick Epic or another EMR

I am using it as required to complete my clinical documentation. I have realized that the potential for better products is immense. Unfortunately products such as this fall short of expectations and require better design and incorporation of feedback from end users.

"Cerner Millennium "

What do you like best?

Great program used in most hospitals in my city. Very user friendly and prices a seamless medication administration process. Great for allowing data synchronization from all hospital sites to streamline information on the electronic health record and provide all health care providers access to all diagnostic procedures and medical encounters for a patient.

What do you dislike?

Specific to our facility, nursing and allied staff still have document on paper as opposed to physicians who have access to online documentation. Hopefully this will roll out in the next couple years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Not sure how this would apply to our field as we aren't in the business area. But in terms of medication administration, the use of HUGO (closed circuit med process where we scan the patrons arm band, then scan the medication which has to match the patient profile, specific medication and medication administration time) this mitigates medication errors significantly.

Cerner review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Solutions for patient information, real time and instantly. HIPAA secure!"

What do you like best?

Patient portal and education: Integrates with the EHR and their longitudinal record. The patient portal allows members to communicate with providers through secure messaging to book or change appointments, view clinical information, request refills, update information and send files.

Patient Education: Accredited, evidence-based data supplemented by best practice guidelines and standards of care from leading medical associations is provided within the EHR for physicians.

What do you dislike?

Dragon Voice Recognition in the EHR does a poor job with speech recognition.

Company wide view of clinical information to coordinate patient care and document the point at which it was delivered in both acute inpatient and outpatient settings. It helps providers have access to the right information within the clinical workflows to make the best possible decisions.

Cerner review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner Ambulatory and PowerChart"

What do you like best?

I mange the PowerChart Touch users and devices, this system is not 100%, but it seems to get the job done for our physicians. I love that they have the ability to dictate through an iPad and that I have the ability to manage the devices that this is all happening from.

What do you dislike?

In PowerChart data does flow to the PowerChart Touch application and vice versa. This is a pain for our providers and our support staff when troubleshooting what the issues are. Trying to explain that only certain things can be transferred over sometimes is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than Siemens ESOAR. Providers like it.

The ability for providers to dictate on an iPad or iPhone makes mobility and efficiency easy.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the applications bar to get information entered into our data system quickly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the applications from the app bar where updated awhile back and it is hard to find which application to use if you don't know the exact picture or name. Also cerner's helpdesk call line hasn't been the quickest or most knowledgeable about cerner issues when I have called in the past. Furthermore, I dislike how certain tests in cerner are not the same names or even an orderable test in the nursing staffs ordering system.

Some problems we are solving are needing to manually fax patients results to physcians. This is resolved by entering in the fax number when ordering a test, and it is in the system to fax at a later time, or it can be fax via ad hoc fax to a specific number, saving on paper, and time.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Efficient charting system "

What do you like best?

This charting system is very user friendly, which helps maintain efficiency in a fast pace role. Fields are customizable, and the layout allows for easy navigation of the chart. Hard stops can be placed, plenty of areas for comments and free text. Also allows for communication from third party software such as Timeless and Phillips monitors.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of small features that could be improved, such as being able to populate and print certain subsets of information for multiple patients without needing to open each individual chart. Although very tech savvy overall, there are still a couple of features epic leads in.

As part of the superuser team, there are many small customizations that can be made to fit individual needs and problems that have been ran into. This helps with user compliance in meeting charting expectations

Cerner review by User in Cosmetics

"Cerner road notes"

What do you like best?

The nurses routine notes are quick to fill out. The flow of the note is easy to follow making daily charting easy to keep up with.

What do you dislike?

I would like the notes to tie in with physician orders and care plan. That way you could update both while completing your routine note. Currently I have to type order in my summary of routine note than after that is completed I have to go into order section of chart and enter order again. I feel like I'm constantly putting in the same info at least twice because it has to be added to multiple sections of the chart.

Information gets added to patuents charts immediately. It helps with consistent care sense you are able to access patients record when out in the field.

Cerner review by Sagar V.
Resident Physician
(10,001+ employees)

"Cerner EHR for Resident Physicians"

What do you like best?

Cerner Powerchart is well organized and neatly displayed. The ability to see a screenshot of Vitals, Progress Notes, and Labs/Imaging are the highlight of Powerchart.

What do you dislike?

Some features are difficult to find such as patients bowel movements, I/Os and vitals in last 24 hrs vs since midnight, and the inability to fully customize progress notes (e.g. Last 3 or 5 sodium levels - really can only do this for glucose levels). Old labs are difficult to find and cant be manually searched (e.g. If i want to find "creatinine" I cant type it out to find it, I have to look for the Cr column to see all the Cr levels). Many times I am clicking about 5-7 times to get to where I want..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please check out Epic EHR before fully committing to Cerner PowerChart.

I am attempting to efficiently and effectively treat patients with the help of a EHR to document patients problems and plan of management.

Cerner review by User

"Great product for our hospital"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Cerner Scheduling and Registration for the past 15 years and Capacity Management for the past 4-5 years. The applications have come a long way and they have improved immensely. I enjoy teaching our staff how to use it and finding the best way for each clinic to customize the application to meet their needs.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to get enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are no perfect systems. As far as this one goes, it is a great product and headed in the right direction for growth and change.

There are so many more products that we currently do not have but could benefit in using. I have realized that the different products work well together and that they can be used in many different ways in order to adapt to the needs of the clinical areas.

Cerner review by Angelina M A.
Mental Health Therapist
Education Management

"Cerner Practice Management helps tremendously!"

What do you like best?

Cerner Practice Management has many services that meet my needs perfectly. The service focuses on registration, scheduling, patient tracking and reporting. The service is quick and easy to understand. All you need is in one place. You do not have to switch between services. Cerner Practice Management is all you need.

What do you dislike?

I have difficulty finding one thing I dislike about the service. One thing I would change is have additional tutorials included with the service to help better navigate the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend an increase in tutorials for when a company first begins to use the program to help gain a better understanding of the program. In addition, I would increase marketing techniques, given I did not hear about this service for at least two years.

Cerner Practice Management solves several problems such as getting the company well organizes with better communication between employees and our patients.

Cerner review by G2 User in Hospital & Health Care

"Better than the other companies used in town"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It is very user friendly. There are not a million clicks needed to compete a task and it is easy to save templates and profiles to make billing and dictation much easier. This makes it a positive decision for a large hospital sytem Because of the sheer simplicity. There are too many complexities as it is. We can use every tool to simplify we can get.

What do you dislike?

The cost of transition is steep and it does not work well with other software. If you have one cerner product it is recommended that you bundle them together. They make it look much more affordable when you first look into pricing and when you are already committed you start to realize all these things.

Cerner review by karen g.
RN
Hospital & Health Care

"Not my first choice but a good choice"

What do you like best?

Easy to find what you need. Can review the past charting with easy. Able to scan medications easily.

What do you dislike?

If I chart at the wrong time, I have to go into every cell and delete. Cannot delete entire row at one time. Cannot change time once submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good canidate when considering EMR. Easy to use, easy to input orders, and most of all easy to find what you are looking for!

This system was being used at a community hospital for EMR. It was hard to use at first but after a few log ins was friendly. I can compare my findings to the previous shifts easily.

Cerner review by Kristin B.
Office Services Technician - Materials Management

"Cerner: PeopleSoft"

What do you like best?

Cerner allows us to have our item master at our fingertips and provides higher visibility for our customers.

What do you dislike?

PeopleSoft is web based, so if our network is down, so is our procurement system. It can be confusing at times to know where to go to find orders and items.

Cerner’s system provides us with higher visibility to our customers and helps run the hospital in better ways by eliminating the need for paper.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"The Cerner Practice Management Software Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Cerner Practice Management Software is that there are a lot and plentiful of modules and components that come along with the application. There seems to be a lot of different things that a user can do with the application, so the choices are there for you to grasp.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Cerner Practice Management Software is that there are a lot and plentiful of modules and components that come along with the application. There seems to be a lot of different things that a user can do with the application, so the choices can be overwhelming for you and your organization and enterprise. There are most likely more things that you will actually need, so it just becomes fluff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What I would recommend to others considering Cerner Practice Management software is to do your homework before you pull the trigger and sign a long contract with this company. You may end up regretting your decision, unless of course a member or members of your senior management team is receiving some type of kickback from the company.

The business problems that we are solving with Cerner Practice Management software are unique to our business organization and enterprise and probably will most likely not apply to other businesses and organizations or enterprises, unless they are also in the healthcare industry like ourselves. The benefits that we have realized with Cerner Practice Management software is that there are a lot of functions in its modules and components. Refer back to "What do you like best?" section.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Unstable and cumbersome program."

What do you like best?

Not much. There was some integration, but it required so much clicking around. I was fortunate to find workarounds from a previous position in another department. I only used this briefly. Being trained was complicated because I was shown too many ways to do the same thing. I never saw a positive aspect in the short amount of time that I used it.

What do you dislike?

Too many ways to do the same process leads to training difficulties. One mistake makes troubleshooting challenging. Unstable in that multiple reboots were required. When other Clinics were transitioned, I saw chaos. My personal medical safety was at risk during GoLive. Though a Cerner rep was there, they admitted to one hour of training. I have participated in a very successful GoLive from another vendor. Though it was not perfect, the staff felt supported and exceptional vendor technical assistance was available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposed “integration” with hospital. At the time I used this product, I saw little to no benefits. Some of the issue was training without a written manual; but the majority was the need for dual monitors and multiple applications open to perform simple tasks. I have used many Cerner applications and the lack of stability has also been an issue.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner use as a Registered Nurse"

What do you like best?

Very straight forward interface, multiple ways to customize what you see and very intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

There is much duplication when it comes to charting. Duplicating charting is a must at times and it can be tedious with Cerner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a valuable system that lets you input patient information that is critical to the continuity of care. It is much more streamlined than paper charting and helps remind health care providers what to chart on and makes it easy to find patient history. It feels good to be using software created right here in Kansas City and I recommend it to anyone in the health care industry. I use it daily at my job as a registered nurse in the ICU and it is priceless.

It keeps patient data confidential and safe, it makes charting a breeze

"Cerner"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ease of navigating patient lists as well as the organization of the labs and ability to pre-save templates. The spell check is very convenient when looking back over notes/patient charts.

What do you dislike?

I have struggled with being able to save and design pre-completed notes. I haven't been able to save any pre-completed note templates, so it forces me to use the generic templates that are provided. The system does not auto-save documents so if I don't manually save and get logged out I lose progress on documentation. I am also not able to look back at recent charts viewed for patients even when clicking on "search recent."

It allows you to access patient information quickly and efficiently.

Cerner review by Administrator in E-Learning

"Bulky and not intuitive"

What do you like best?

I use the Firstnet program creating patient charts. As expected, it merges a ton of information with the ability to use macros to make the process of chart creating/editing/viewing easier.

What do you dislike?

It was not intuitive learning to use the software and there are still features of the program I feel is not efficient (multiple steps to complete a common task). It does not feel smooth and fast and I waste a lot of time waiting for the program to load, doing repetitive steps. There are also features that you would expect to be present, but is not (like the ability to look at the charts created).

Creating, editing and viewing patient charts and records. It provides legal documentation and medical records to improve patient care.

"mediocre EMR"

What do you like best?

i like that the ambulatory view is easy to read when you are just looking at one doctor.

What do you dislike?

A lot... I have used centricity in the past and found that to be a superior product. Cerner is too jumbled and has too many bugs to function the way it should. causes a lot of errors we cannot really afford. Also difficult to search through documents in a patient's chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately the office i work at utilizes the cheapest version of Cerner available. I am told from others who have the full version that it is easier to use and has less bugs. We will have the full version in the next 6 months or so, so my opinion may change

Charts are more organized now that they are electronic. This is not specific to Cerner's product.

Cerner review by Lusine P.
RN

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to find icons and to navigate . Easy yo log in and add and use patients charts, see labs, document on cerner, etc. easy to find recent labs, read history and physical, hind phone numbers. Overall, I have a pretty good experience with it and compared to Epic I prefer Cerner.

What do you dislike?

Nothing particularly. Sometimes it’s redundant because you document the same information in few different places. Tasks are repetitive so takes time to complete the highlighted areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend

Work in a hospital

"Cerner Management"

What do you like best?

I like how super easy the program is to use and navigate. I use this system for scheduling, updating patient demographics and viewing patients charts and records.

What do you dislike?

I dislike updates and the downtime during this. It seems that there is a lot of updates with this system which affects our productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use and Cerner is able to customize the program to your business. They do have a lot of updates which is unfortunate during the day because it affects productivity for your business. But they do try to do a lot of updates in the evenings as well.

We use it to register our customers and update their demographic information. We also use the system to schedule appointments for our patients and view their charts and medical records which helps me obtain prior authorizations.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Cerner Software for Nursing"

What do you like best?

I liked that Cerner was able to be customized in so many ways by IT professionals and they were able to provide video tutorials when a new feature or customization was going to be rolled out for staff to utilize while working at the facility.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that Cerner was not very user friendly and often times it took asking another employee or group of employees to figure out where to find something in order to properly document on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that nursing staff and other medical professional utilize Cerner, not just IT professionals. At the end of the day, the medical professional staff has to use this day in and out, it needs to be user friendly and make sense to those using it.

Cerner was utilized to help solve physician and medical professional documenting and to keep all medical professional notes in one area.

I realized that a timeline of patient care from the moment they arrived at the hospital to the point of discharge was within in each patient chart.

Cerner review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"The ups and downs of cerner "

What do you like best?

I love how much infor you are able to put in as well as how organized it is. I was able to look at my patients demographics, med list, and much more in a timely manner while in the room with them. It was also easy to get their complaint or reason for visit easily.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how disconnected the lab results were from the normal program to were you have to keep checking back to see if the Doctor or PA had signed off on said labs. The front office and scheduling system seemee disconnected as well. I continuously have to refresh my screen waiting to see if my patient had signed in. On occasion the front desk would show a patient checked in but it would not show on our end. That portion of the system could be integrated better to work mor efficiently. Our office all agreed this was not a program that was easy to train anyone on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We were able to scan in paperwork easier, view labs easier, follow dates of med refills and pharmacy much easier.

Cerner review by Jordynn A.
Project Management Intern
Higher Education

"Redundant"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of learning how to use the software

What do you dislike?

The redundancy of the charting, you have to chart the same thing over and over

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just to learn the ins and outs of what exactly needs to be charted so you aren’t wasting time.

It is a more reliable way to chart unlike paper charting. There are options and you are able to use the various options they provide while also being able to write a comment to explain your thoughts. This helps when you can’t wait to decide what to describe or how to describe it.

Cerner review by Kady K.
Medical Assistant
Hospital & Health Care

"cerner- too many ways to do the same task"

What do you like best?

I like that you can really customize the program.

What do you dislike?

There are many things that i dislike, but the biggest concern I have is the fact that there seems to be multiple ways to carry out the same task. This leads to people being on different pages and sometimes things getting lost in the shuffle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

to wait for them to really work out the kinks

We are working on customer relationships and communication so that it becomes more efficient for the patient and easier for them to get ahold of us if they need something

Cerner review by User in Medical Practice

"Easy to use, but the system crashes often "

What do you like best?

I worked in an emergency department transcribing electronic medical records. The Cerner software we used in the ED made my job much easier by offering pre completed templates as well as allowing me to save "macros". I also found it useful that the templates were mostly pre completed with insert points, and there was the option to edit the templates as well. I also appreciate that diagnostic imaging and labs will auto-populate into the chart just with a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

The system crashes frequently and there is no back up offered during this "down time". It would be nice to have a back up system when the software crashes. Being in an ER setting, when patient's names and records are not crossing over, this is a huge problem and really interferes with work flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/a

Not really sure as I am the client who uses the software and do not have any relations with business affairs.

"Cerner Review"

What do you like best?

Cerner allows you quickly switch between multiple patients when charting.

What do you dislike?

Although you can quickly switch between patients, it is visually difficult to keep track of them. The colored bars for each patient at the top change but otherwise the screen looks the same, making it easy to chart for the wrong patient when in a hurry. Additionally, to open imaging, a new window needs to be opened and this frequently takes quite a long time to load, slowing down workflow. The system lags frequently and seems to have a new glitch every day. I have had the system quit on me multiple times causing me to lose any unsaved documentation.

The multiple inputs between nurses scribes and providers allows for a better defined workflow.

"Cerner as EMR program"

What do you like best?

I've never documented with any electronic medical record system other than Cerner, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I know many nurses/healthcare professionals complain about the (dis)organization of the setup of the program/categories/etc., but compared to paper charting I have to appreciate even just the existence of EMR programs in general. It is much safer, more reliable, easier to organize, and easier to collaborate with multiple types of care providers for the same patient (physicians, respiratory therapists, techs, PT/OT, etc.) when all of the documentation for the same patient is able to be viewed in one place by all care providers from any location in the hospital (since it's online, not in paper form).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the organization/categorization of the different assessments, systems, etc. seem like they could be organized in a more sensible fashion (although what that would be I'm not exactly sure). Also sometime you're required to put an answer/entry when you should have the option of leaving it blank, or sometimes default settings don't see to be the best option for a "default."

Again, the safety and accessibility of Cerner/an EMR far exceeds that of paper charting. While there are/will always be complaints about Cerner/EMR programs, and there will always be room for improvement, I am happy with the software/programs that are available right now.