eClinicalWorks Reviews & Product Details

eClinicalWorks Overview

What is eClinicalWorks?

eClinicalWorks’ Practice Management (PM) system is ideal for practices of any size. Manages appointments & schedules, streamlines billing, and stores demographic data.

eClinicalWorks Details

eClinicalWorks Screenshots

eClinicalWorks Reviews

Showing 122 eClinicalWorks reviews
Already have eClinicalWorks?
What do you like best?

eClinicalWorks is an IT solution that allows you to increase productivity and reduce user work for the management of your clinic, hospital or medical institute. Since this service allows from managing appointments, payments, billing, compliance tracking, certificates, prescriptions, among others quickly. eClinicalWorks is a completely cloud-based software, its reporting capabilities are quite high to provide comprehensive information, the support team staff is very good, since they provide fast and satisfactory care, in general I can say that eClinicalWorks is a tool that offers more advantages than disadvantages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price of this service is a great limitation for users with a limited budget, I would like to see some flexibility in terms of price, so that eClinicalWorks is a software accessible to many, this can really help the service grow as many would prefer it for its great performance. Another aspect to consider is that the software can become confusing for beginners, since it is a wide and extensive interface, I see the need for the software to provide documentation to help users understand more easily the use of this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

eClinicalWorks is a system that I could confidently recommend for any clinic, hospital or medical center, as it is a software born to provide productivity in an innovative way, the service is very broad, provides tailored solutions so that you can maintain a complete management, the cost of this service is considerably expensive but due to the quality of service it provides I can reward it is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For us eClinicalWorks is a very useful and necessary tool , since it allows us to increase the productivity of our team, while saving time and labor, since this service allows us to manage our finances, appointments, clinical history of each patient, payments and billing. Allowing us to maintain complete accuracy in all our work, maintain order and work with complete innovation, being sincere we trust a lot in eClinicalWorks for its great performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The eclinicalworks program features physician scheduling certification tools, automatic insurance backup request, remote order patient information management continuity, recurring software upgrade innovations, documentation template separation, prescription transfer service relationship, Digital patient health status management, physician account management with simple two-step access, hospital budget accounting, real-time computerized invoice organization, handwriting recognition consultation of medication dosages, file upload functionality all condition this incredible and practical software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When sending messages to the user, the eclinicalworks program presents failures in the direction of synchronization of user profile links, because when generating such an action of sending, usually not all the necessary messages from the user's display to notify, change of medication, reminder of hospitalization payments or cancellation of bills for transfer of medicines, condition of care assessment of health progress, import of documentation to doctors on call, including problems of access to patient history are evident within this programming when using their main tools of collaborative work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The important electronic medical records automated system of eclinicalworks is recommended for being a direct line manager of data facilities systematization, conditioned medical care references, qualified ambulatory exercises relationship, medical inventory supply network connections, professional technical care for the patient, patient's resume conformation, electronic prescription checking, patient's conditioned history management, health control analysis, health backup compliance management, medical billing contract signature segmentation, create an impressive query distribution for the panel of this professional medical administration programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During the time of use of the eclinicalworks platform, it has been possible to activate the tools for professional hospitalization budgets, to ensure times of establishment of treatments for different health pathologist, computerized follow-ups of progress for reactions to the user's medication dosage, linking of automatic response procedures for routine questions, creation of reports of evaluation of reactions and contraindications of medication, enabling of reference positions of report of damages of programmatic of interfaces, where wrong processing of statistical graphs is exercised to know the capacity of improvement of the health of the patient, recognizing ineffective results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily schedule patients and see their labs with ease. You can see there last encounters and update their insurance information without any complications. The fact that you can communicate with the doctor and coworkers about certain patients is one of the best things and everything is right there in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say is I would prefer if there was an easier way of looking for past telephone or patient encounters in the system. Because once they’re reviewed they do disappear and I just like keeping up to date with them and going over them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made being a medical assistant so much easier. So much less paperwork and hassles. Communicating with the doctor is not a problem we can see the patients full chart and there is nothing left unturned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in eClinicalWorks
CEO
What do you like best?

I like that the interface is super easy to use. It doesn't take much training to get started. I also like that the features it has really work well for a medical office. I love that everything is color coded and easy to read. I also like that there is a web cloud version that you can access from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that it freezes often and that some features dont work the way they are supposed to. Specifically the kiosk check in, we tried to make it work for our practice but it would always freeze and would allow patients to sign consents electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this program to others however it doesn't do as much as we would like it to for the medical spa. Keep in mind that the support is in another country so its hard to get ahold of them and hard to understand them at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to schedule patients fast and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can't really think of any redeeming qualities for eCW. No redeeming qualities exist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our clinic has gone through a couple of major upgrade versions of eCW so we've been using it for some time and what I can say is that eCW should be the poster-child EHR for any healthcare professional that gripes about EMR's. The system is poorly coded and as such is slow and bogs down any system it is run on. Without getting too technical suffice it to say that the platform would be better off being scrapped and built again from scratch. NOTHING anywhere in the entire platform is intuitive in any way shape or form. And forget about customization. Sure, they will say that anything is possible but actually implementing simple customized layouts, flow, or templates is a huge headache. I could go on and on but let's just leave it with this quote from a recently hired physician who was coming from a different EHR. "Using eCW is as if the previous EMR I was on was artificial intelligence and now I'm using a typewriter." Best one sentence summary of eCW that I've heard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Move on, there are many other options out there and all of them are better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems solved. No benefits realized. Yes it checks the box for meaningful use as far as having an EMR but that's it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical Provider
What do you like best?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Our more senior providers have decreased their patient load down to 8-10/day vs. they did 20+ for years with Athena. I have used 10+ eMRs in my career and this is one of the worst. I feel like we got a 1992 Yugo with donuts for tires when we were promised a nice new car. And there is no motivation or inclination for eCW to fix anything or respond to requests. It's been 3mo of a nightmare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They deliver a product that does not contain the basic details any medical provider or practice needs for documentation. Can't document what side a BP is done on or manual vs. Auto. Can't document allergies to meds except by a ridiculous list that includes lymphoma as an adverse reaction but not itching or cough. The labs and imaging don't link and deliver cohesively. We have to keep a paper log of who we order studies on because it can't be trusted to come back to the chart. Everything we asked to be fixed during the week of roll-out 3 months ago is still not addressed. I could go on for hours... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. We thought it was a cost savings but the money lost to decreased productivity is mind-boggling. It is a medicolegal nightmare because labs and imaging don't interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like that there is a report dashboard that links from inside the software. I also like that they have LiveChat customer support. If I can't find what I am looking for on their site, I can chat with a support tech who has usually been able to resolve my issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't enter payments from the appointment screen. Our front desk rep lives in the scheduling system but needs to leave that screen to enter payments. I also wish it was more customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend to those considering eClinicalWorks to make sure that the system can do what it is you are looking for and require in your Practice Management system. I am not very pleased with the reporting capabilities of the system. Their canned reports are very good for day to day, normal reviews, but if you want to dive down into the data further, it is a bit more difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We aren't solving any problems with eClinical. We just work around them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It does have the items you need to add patient’s demographics and their insurance information he can hold in immense amount of information. We have eight doctors and I’ll practice and it holds their schedules pretty well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is way too many clicks to get to one thing. It is not user-friendly it takes time to learn the system and find ways around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good option for electronic medical record’s Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were a paper chart office and we switch to electronica medical record’s and that is what we use the software for. So we actually have electronic medical record’s and it is easier to maintain more information and readily available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Professional Nurse
What do you like best?

eClinicalWorks completes a sheer measure of things following for CCM charging was simple and incorporated with the framework. Tolerant commitment highlights were incredible, for example, naturally informing patients that remedies were sent to the drug store, calling for arrangement updates from the timetable and refreshing reactions legitimately to the arrangement. In the event that you have to advise the whole timetable of a supplier nonappearance, it's anything but difficult to naturally convey notices. Bunches of innovation alternatives for gathering information incorporating cheap registration booths and applications for telephones and tablets. Programming can be an introduced application or electronic. The product is truly adaptable much of the time and there are various approaches to get from/to anyplace in the framework rapidly. You can open numerous occasions of your login to enable you to record in one outline while seeing something different. Incorporated faxing made for one less thing to help/audit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

eClinical Works doesn't have any imperfections. Such a large number of incredible things about this framework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a hearty and better than average diagramming framework, however it may set aside a bit effort to prepare and learn. Invest the energy preceding executing to watch online classes. They have an incredible site to use once you are a customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eClinicalWorks fathoms our requirement for diagramming, CMS recording, and installment administrations. Simpler to fill solutions, convey restorative records, documenting claims is more straightforward. Backing has been great,they specialized groups truly care about fathoming the issues that emerge. You can truly tell the staff at eClinicalworks are focused on consumer loyalty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That i have 80% control on the system to make changes.

and when i need assistance i can create a ticket and get assistance with in the hour. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Demo was so good that it addressed and offered so much more that i was having to do on my one in our system, that we broke a contract to switch- Then we went live and it has been all smoke and mirrors since and now we are stuck in this contract. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for a total break down of integrating with questionnaires, forms, labs, pharmacies, etc.

they sell you on a package deal but then charge you for each service separately.

Who wants to pay for a lab to import results into the chart and flag doctor on results for $5000.00 start up.

I am old school and scanning and tasking the doctor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing has been solved, yes they are quick to respond on things we need help with but everything is an additional charge.

No benefits on our end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

I love how it makes my triage easier to document and how the system takes you step by step threw the important question you should ask a patient on each visit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some glitches of system of the system when it gets frozen up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How I could keep track on the patients hedis being done without going document by document file Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IH
What do you like best?

What I liked the best about eclinical works is that it was very easy to navigate through. The training I received for eclinical was straight to the point. What I loved about this software is that I could always refer back to the patients info if I needed any previous information that was not transferred in the new system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the down sides about eclinical was the frequent crashes that would occur on the softest. Interferences in between patients and the whole application shutting down. Another downside about eclinical is that it takes a really long time to startup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I solved a lot of problems by using eclinical works. I would have to refer back to eclinical works to find a patients phone number or previous insurance. I would also print previous lab results from eclinical works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the overall simplicity of eCW and how user friendly it is. It lays out the schedule in a simplistic manner which makes it easier for clinicians and staff to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the glitches that occur from time to time. This includes being unable to delete emails and being prompted to click “ok” after changing patient’s status from “ready” to “check out.” Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will take time but gradually it will be easier to use eCW Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to catch mistakes easier and earlier (before patients come in for their appointments, etc). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front desk
What do you like best?

Everything is user friendly and easy to use. How I can access the patient hub with no difficulty Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think its pretty user friendly. Everyone should be able to use it with no difficulty Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get this software because it is very easily to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think that ecw is a software that is easily friendly and its pretty easy to use. The problems that I am solving with ecw is that I can access everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Ease of figuring out things at times. There are multiple ways of doing things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of kinks in the system. They have problems that should have simple solutions but are not able to implement these solutions. Keep making changes that make things more tedious. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It’s our platform we run our practice through it. It has multiple features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that this is web based system, I like that like most EMR systems it is robust and has so many capabilities and things it can do. I like that it will integrate info from insulin pumps, fit bit, digital scales. I like the flow tracking of the patients. It is pretty easy to understand from a user standpoint. I just recently started with this system so I have much to learn. I have used many different EMR/EHR software. Again, there is some things I do like about this system, however this would not be my first choice in software for a practice to use. I am a nurse and I don't think there is a good flow to this system. There are many places that need to be improved. I like that it works and it is accessible just about anywhere. That is just about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently using eClinicalWorks 11e. I think that the people who develop and design this system or any system need to be on the front lines with the doctors and nurses, the front desk staff, the coding staff, and anywhere else that the system would be used and really see the workflows. This system has TOO MANY CLICKS. I tried to find a patients guardian information and it was not accessible easily. There needs to be a better way to record EASILY past medical history, procedural history such as Mammograms, DEXA, DM eye exam, etc.. I really DISLIKE the telephone encounter. The initial message can be adjusted (SCARY). I just find it clunky and too many clicks again. The social history is frustrating because I am filling in the smoking question in several different places (why not just have it fill in everywhere?) I do not like the way the visit summary report generates. It could be simplified greatly. Again, I have used GEMMS, Sage Intergy, NextGen, NextMD, EPIC, Meditech and a few others. They all have pros and cons. I would have to say that EPIC is by far the most robust and the one that was the easiest to follow the progress through. I think that with some feedback the company could make improvements and make this an amazing system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a specialty like OB/GYN, Eye care, Cardiology really ask the tough questions. Have them give live examples of the system and how it is used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do not know what this system is solving. I was not apart of the process when it came to picking an EMR/EHR system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of seeing patient history, demographic, and medications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Frequent updates which changed save settings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better organization of medical records and reduced error Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of viewing the schedule for the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system constantly will close out randomly and does not save automatically what you are charting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Being able to have more than 1 screen open in order to best chart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building templates for different patients. You can have those ready to go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

What I like best about the company is they are always available to help when needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system updates usually have a lot of bugs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We benefit tremendously with our MIPs ratings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

the features to schedule appointments and do notes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the process to get someone form ecw to help fix a issues Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

better charting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I liked that EClinical works has a lot of features and its a well rounded medical program. It has every section you would need to run a medical practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's not internet based and there are so many features, it can be intimidating to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to really learn the program. Once you learn it, it is very beneficial to all aspects of a medical practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved our front office, clinical, and medical billing needs with EClinical Works Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Templates are easy to create/find/share and use for charting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very busy, archaic system. Not updated and not easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an older system with limited functionality. There is not as much capability with eClinicalWorks as there are with other EMR systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Streamlining patient care, consistency with charts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

eClinical works was one of the easiest, most user friendly patient softwares I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

eClinical works crashed sometimes making us experience downtime Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EClinical works allowed us to document and pull up client record easily. It was an easy system to learn and apply in office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very organized way to keep track of patient information that is easily accessible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are too many tabs to click through when rooming a patient. It takes an average of 8 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to navigate through the whole program. Also make sure when you are in result notes you write down the patient info because if you review the lab it closes out the chart and you cant go back to it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Once I got the hang of the jellybeans I was able to navigate through my work faster Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Assistant
Accounting
What do you like best?

I love that you can customize your dashboard in so many different ways. eCW customer service is AMAZING to work with too, even their international office! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there would often be times that the reminders, etc. would occur even after an appointment was cancelled. This glitch is usually fixed pretty quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a wonderful product! The annual conferences are a great tool to take advantage of and VERY fun! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

eCW was the main EHR we used. It solved our need for charting, CMS documenting, and payment services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for eClinicalWorks?