ContentCal Reviews & Product Details

What is ContentCal?

ContentCal is a simple and intuitive social media tool. Save time, collaborate with team members or clients, and create even better social media content Plan - Say goodbye to frustrating spreadsheets Collaborate - Work on content with your team and clients Approve - Ensure only the right content goes out Auto-Publish - Save time with scheduled publishing Analyse - keep tabs on performance and learn how to improve for the future Respond - reply to messages and comments on social media (coming soon)

ContentCal Screenshots

1-22 of 22 total ContentCal reviews

ContentCal Reviews

1-22 of 22 total ContentCal reviews
Public Relations Specialist

"Content Cal for the WIN"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about Content Cal, however if I had to pick which feature I like best, it would probably be the intuitive user interface. You can view the calendar in "list", "week" or "month" and is a great visualization of what it coming up. I also love the "approval flow process" this is a super simple way to get approvals through your pipeline of manager/overseers.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to complain about. Anything I dislike, I quickly communicate to the Content Cal staff via the chat tool and most issues are very quickly resolved. If there is an issue that I am having that cant be quickly resolved via chat, the company is quick to set up a Zoom meeting so that we can share screens and get any issue resolved ASAP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Cheaper than other options and has the same capabilities if not more!

My business is in the process of going from start up to large corporation and Content Cal has given us the tools we need to get on a regular social media cadence and has easily allowed us to plan months in advanced.

"Thumbs up from us!"

What do you like best?

- Great interface - very small learning curve which is perfect for introducing new team members to it.

- Highly responsive support - they make you feel like a valued client, rather than just another customer.

- Intuitive platform - drag and drop rescheduling, custom content planners for not just social networks (our editorial team make extensive use of this), campaign labelling...

- Approval system for proofing posts before publishing - this is essential for us

- Priced competitively - most social media platforms are extortionate, especially for SMEs on a limited budget. ContentCal is the exception, without compromising on essential features.

What do you dislike?

No real 'dislikes'...

- Analytics is a newly launched feature, with a lot of work yet to be done on it

- Limited integration with 3rd party services so far (social networks and Bit.ly so far) - not a problem for us but might be for others

- User interface is basic - both a positive and negative. Small tweaks here and there would improve the experience

- No bulk-uploading functionality yet

We've finally found a cost-effective platform for cross-department planning of all outward facing activity - social, email, publishing, push notifications, and so on. It's a great asset to our team so far.

Art Business Consultant

"EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED"

What do you like best?

I have been searching for a beautiful and functional Editorial Calendar tool for months!!! I'd just about given up when I found ContentCal and I couldn't believe my eyes. It had everything I need as a Small business owner with multiple forms of content to manage and collaborations and events to keep track of. The ability to name planning channels and give them a corresponding icon so that they can exist alongside my social messages allows me to have the perfect the perfect eagle eye view of my content calendar and strategy so that I know what needs to be done when and can prepare all the content necessary. The social media posting features are very easy to use and take this app to the next level. The campaign manager feature alongside the day title really helps with structure and keeping me on track to accomplish my goals.

So grateful I found this! I really think it has what it takes to go far.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, I would however like even more icons to denote different kinds of content that can be created in the planning channels.

Major business problem being solved is Editorial calendar management and planning and the clarity, organisation, the UI and the strategy features have been incredible for the editorial calendar management.

"Very Happy with ContentCal"

What do you like best?

Working in volunteer team where no one is in the same office it's really useful to have all the major platforms linked to ContentCal (including Instagram!) and also a good experience to determine who has written what.

They are also very good at informing you if there's been an issue with your post and have always been very quick to help.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to have the ability to autofill tags as you're writing them out in Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram so one doesn't have to check it on the platforms.

Also would be great to have a spell-check stage that one can opt-into. This would be an addition that the other social media platforms don't have, but possibly should for business accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are restrictions with ContentCal so it won't totally replace native uploading (mostly video), however it's a great and clear tool for teams.

Sharing content for one brand but written by a team of around 6/7.

Social Media Manager
Professional Training & Coaching
(Myself Only)

"It's a great tool for campaign planning and aligning social with overall marketing. "

What do you like best?

The ability to plan out campaigns visually. Great customer support. Easy to pick up.

What do you dislike?

No @ mentions is quite annoying! You can't multi-post to Insta. Campaigns appear in pale grey at the top - I'd really like them to be bright and colourful. It'd be great if you could set up custom timeslots like on Buffer. And I'd love to be able to make collections of hashtags and then bulk add them to a post like you can on Planoly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good product at a reasonable price, with wonderful customer support. If you're working with complex overall marketing objectives, it's invaluable.

Aligning social with broader marketing objectives and making this visual to the team.

CEO of Monica Perez Burnett Coaching and Mom-Preneur Hacks

"The game changer for my business!"

What do you like best?

As a personal branding and content specialist I know the value of being consistent in your visibility online. The trust and rapport that you build with your audience has a direct correlation to your income. If you show up so do they. ContentCal is a lifesaver when it comes to consistency! It's so easy to organize your ideas and most of all save time while being intentional about your business instead of living in the stressed world of winging it. Thank you ContentCal for your amazing customer service and giving this mom of 8 with two sets of twins and multiple businesses her time back!!

What do you dislike?

So far I have only seen benefits to using this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn't hesitate! There is so much value even on the free plan. It's a no brainer.

I do not have any problems so far.

Social Media Manager

"ContentCal has Improved Workflow"

What do you like best?

ContentCal has allowed us to create and publish content all in one place and has also helped improve our internal quality check where content requires editor approval before going out!

What do you dislike?

Like any web-based app, it does have its glitches and downtime which directly effect output. Whilst they’re not common they do still occur. The support is on hand to help and they are quick to respond. We also ran into some issues with LinkedIn publishing too, but as there is less of it we make do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a really handy tool especially if dealing with multiple clients or an organisation managing content for a number of pages. Take advantage of the helpful blogs on offer.

ContentCal has helped us streamline the content creation process by allowing us to create and publish all our content in one place for our clients. This not only saves time but also, in turn, streamlines the quality check process by putting in place an editor approval process too.

Owner

"Easy to use planner!"

What do you like best?

Contentcal is a great social media calendar. I love the drag and drop functionality. It is simple to add or invite team members and then the assign them to a calendar. Custom tags and color coding means that it is simple to filter any view. Sometimes it is easy to feel intimidated by a new software tool but Customer support has truly been fantastic.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a bit better on mobile. Don't get me wrong, it is usable, but not everything is easy to see.

Contentcal solves the problem of multiple people who are doing marketing not knowing what each other are doing and when.

Founder

"Finally, a helpful tool for agencies to manage multiple content calendars with their clients"

What do you like best?

The transparency that ContentCal provides to my clients. Allowing them to visibly see the content plan, and give them the option to approve it means my team don't waste time trying to share spreadsheets and exchanging emails. I love the flexibility that the approval process offers: some of my clients are just happy for us to publish, but others need to sign it off because of industry restrictions (e.g. legal) - using ContentCal makes this process efficient for an agency.

I have also been after a 'pause' button for times of crisis. We used this the day after the Manchester Arena attack - it allowed us to consider all content without a negative impact on clients' accounts.

What do you dislike?

There's very few bits that I dislike. The scheduling to Instagram is probably as slick as it can be given the platform won't allow scheduling via desktop. So, that process could be better, but it's no fault of the ContentCal product. Authorisation tokens with the platform need to be re-authorised on a fairly frequent basis, but again, this seems to be the platforms being the root cause.

I needed a way in which we could show forthcoming content and allow clients to input without anyone having to chase people - I'd much rather my team spend the time creating more great output. ContentCal allows my team the space and efficiencies to do this. Totally worth the investment.

Head of Sales and Marketing
Market Research

"The user experience is a joy and so are the support team"

What do you like best?

Clean, simple, intuitive calendar design with a full record of previous posts and the facility to re-use them. Affordable pricing. Easy, colourful week-to-view that is pleasing to the eye especially with heavy usage. I dropped Hootsuite for this platform. Managing multiple accounts is a breeze with this software and it's easy to expand your team or invite a client to view and approve your work. The customer support is unrivalled in my opinion... They truly go above and beyond what you would expect.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike with ContentCal. Any feedback is taken seriously and acted upon where possible. There are a few improvements that I've requested (like analytics and a month/year view) that are actually being developed as we speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a truly intuitive post publishing experience use ContentCal as part of a suite of social media management tools and you won't be disappointed.

Before ContentCal I could not find a suitable platform for managing multiple social accounts in a format that was pleasant to use for long periods of time at an affordable cost. This problem is now solved.

Head - School of Kinesiology / Associate Dean - College of Education

"Loving ContentCal"

What do you like best?

Logical flow; ease of use; intuitive; allows me to manage multiple platforms; able to plan for months in advance; the edit/approval feature gives me peace of mind because I know that nothing will be 'sent' without my approval; allows me to protect the brand and also provide a consistent voice for all posts.

What do you dislike?

Nothing...it is a great platform...highly recommend!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely recommend to others. This is the solution to our problem and we are already seeing a great return on our investment.

ContentCal allows me to create a 'team atmosphere' so that each member can effectively and efficiently manage Social Media posts with a sense of independence which gives them ownership of the process. I can approve/reject draft posts, but most often, I simply make minor edits and approve!

Account Director

"Great tool - highly recommended."

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface that has all the functionality I need on a day-to-day basis. If I ever had the knowledge and skill to develop a content marketing platform, this is exactly what I would want it to be like.

What do you dislike?

All positives, haven't come across any negatives in the last 10 months since signing up; any minor issues I have encountered have been quickly and efficiently resolved with the support of the ContentCal team.

Having a single central place to store everything relating to content marketing is fabulous, making it easy to come up with social media content that fits in seamlessly with the wider content marketing strategy. It's just a great tool, and I recommend it to as many people as I can!

Graduate Assistant

"So convenient for my busy college schedule!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about ContentCal is how easy and straightforward it is to select the date you want, insert any hyperlinks or pictures that you want, and it will post exactly when you want it to.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it makes my MacBook Air really slow because it cannot handle all of the information.

Increasing our following by ensuring that our social media sites are active and up to date every single day.

"I just love ContentCal! "

What do you like best?

It is such a visual platform, its fabulous for Social Media. I love how I can easily move the posts around, reschedule and the preview how it will look on each platform. Finally, the fact that my clients can access it to review posts, is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

There is no @mention recognition for Twitter, but I am sure it will soon be added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it, I am sure you will love it!

I can plan on one platform and my clients can review it. It saves me a lot of time on not having to create separate spreadsheets.

Social Media Director // Speaker// Freelance Social Media Strategy, Training and Copywriting

"Beautifully simple"

What do you like best?

The calendar formatting is my favourite part of this tool. One look and you can see what posts are scheduled that day, for what time, the accompanying image and which channel. It’s simple, and it works. If there are too many posts for one day, you can simply pick them up and drag them to a different day. Approval is done with a simple click in a tick box, an equally pleasant and simple process.

What do you dislike?

It's a new tool, so there are a few elements and finer points missing, but I've heard that a lot of them are on the way and the way it works now is so brilliantly simple I happily recommend it! A URL shortener would be a fantastic addition for me, otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the short term, ensure you have an analytics plan for any reporting.

It solves the biggest issue I've always had which is sharing content with my clients. Excel and Google Sheets just replicate work and are tedious for everyone involved. Even if you're not using ContentCal to publish directly, it's still just such an easy way to share that content for approvals. It's saved me so much time and is a genuine pleasure to use. I've even found myself coming up with more ideas, and challenging myself to fill more gaps in the calendar!

"I find Content Cal very fast, efficient and easy to use. "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. When I first started using Content Cal it didn't take me long to figure out how to use it. It has multiple functions that I find very useful - previewing the post, deleting the post, adding media, placing it on hold, moving the post to another day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you aren't able to tag people on LinkedIn via Content Cal. Tagging is a very important and useful social media strategy and it would be great if you could tag people in each social media network within Content Cal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Again it is easy to use, efficient and effective.

It saves me time, it allows me to see my social media content for each platform in the same programme. It helps me to become more organised.

Social Media Specialist and Marketing Coach

"Game-changing for social media managers"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive ContentCal is. It improves the whole process of social media management, from creating content right through to scheduling it. It's easy to use, has saved me stacks of time and helped me to raise my game on social media.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Google+ posts could be scheduled from ContentCal and I'd also like to see a character count for LinkedIn posts.

It saves time and makes it much easier to manage content schedules, avoiding mistakes and improving content strategies. It's also great to be able to share access to calendars with clients, although I'm yet to try out the approval process in ContentCal.

Creative Ideas Director - amplify your presence through targeted thought leadership copy

"ContentCal as a publishing and organisation tool for content"

What do you like best?

The easy interface and calendar view, plus creating levels of approval is great.

What do you dislike?

The app is still growing with additional features added monthly. It would be great to have even more integration with lesser used social platforms but that's a small wait to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth a look.

Easy access for clients to approve content prior to it being published. The app is great to include project notes and prep content in its early draft stage.

(Myself Only)

"I would recommend anyone to ContentCal"

What do you like best?

I would recommend ContentCal to anyone who is needing to organize their social media scheduling . Its easy to use , everyone that I have communicated in the team is very helpful. What it has done is free me up to work on my business not in it thanks ContentCal

What do you dislike?

I havent found a flaw in the service and quality of product

Recommendations to others considering the product:

using the product has been seemless

i know work on my business not in it

AM

"Easy to navigate with all the features I need"

What do you like best?

-I love the calendar view and ability to create "custom channels"- so I can create posts that are just concepts and ideas (great for blog planning)

-I also love the analytics feature and the ability to invite clients to review work

-Their customer service is top notch!

What do you dislike?

-Nothing really? Maybe the only thing would be the Instagram preview button

-Staying organized is the biggest thing! I manage several client content calendars and this helps me to stay organized and on top of everything!

Social Media Strategist

"Amazing platform"

What do you like best?

The most efficient, time saving social media scheduling tool.

What do you dislike?

Video uploads can often be temperamental and fail to post

Time saving for both the agency and our clients - allows us to better collaborate with clients

AF

"Fabulous"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of use, convenience, and re-posting options.

What do you dislike?

Due to internal problems on Facebook and LinkedIn my posts didn't go live as scheduled a couple of times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try and see for yourself how easy the tool is!

Time-saving

9.9
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Social Media Management Category
Do you work for ContentCal?