Sysomos

3.6

Sysomos is a independent social intelligence company, working with more than 1,500 customers that include 80 percent of the most valuable global brands.

Work for Sysomos?

Learning about Sysomos?

Sysomos Reviews

Ask Sysomos a Question
Showing 106 Sysomos reviews
Sysomos review by User

"Sysomos - Amazing platform"

What do you like best?

Sysomos is amazing at monitoring media mentions overall. It pulls in data from everywhere. I also love that there is a query builder -- so if you're not great at building queries to help you search for what you're looking for, there is a tool built-in that will help you develop the query for your search. I also love all the analytics tools -- such as influencer identification. It's really helpful in finding out whether search results are relevant to the company.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to build specific queries - so if you don't know to eliminate some words, unrelated results can be pulled into searches. However, it's trial and error - so overall, this doesn't bother me. I find Sysomos extremely useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sysomos is great for real-time media monitoring and results. I love the immediacy of the product and the information/results it provides. It's also able to recognize influential accounts to help users understand who's talking about a specific topic or area of interest.

Sysomos helps us quickly find information on specific queries. Instead of building dashboards (which, it can also do), if something happens that I need information on immediately, I can put that into Sysomos and find out how it's trending. I can also then watch over time to see how stories gain traction. It gives immediate results, which is important for crisis management.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Sysomos
Sysomos review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Great for keeping up with the latest trends on Social "

What do you like best?

Great for keeping track of what people are saying about your brand, and for tracking online discussions. Email notifications let me be warned of potential risks as they happen, so we can respond quickly. Also great for ad hoc searching, which is valuable to research and strategy planning.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see a live update feature for listening, so that we can always see the latest posts right away. Stronger connections with forums and Reddit would also be useful for monitoring conversations and how the evolve on those platforms.

We use Sysomos to ensure we are keeping up with the latest trends online, and that we can see what people are saying about our business and it's services. Reporting on events, campaigns, or crisis' utilize the data and analytics found in Sysomos to give an idea of the public perception. Using posts found in Sysomos allow us to add a voice to what people are saying vs. a number.

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Sysomos review by Katey  Y.
Katey Y.

"Dinosaur or a product that needs to be hit with a meteor"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of different ways you can organize the data but there are always missing gaps

What do you dislike?

There are always glitches, missing data or simply won't load. The customer service that they will fix something but really it takes weeks and you basically have to put a fire under their butt in order to get them to do anything.

The functions are not customizable so a lot of times the way that the functions are presented they are not in line with your business or what you need. Every time a social network's API changes the whole system is messed up for the next few days

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. I'm not familiar with all of the other players in the space, but this product was such a headache. Avoid at all costs

Social listening and pulling as much data about a particular topic to see when it was mentioned. To respond to people in one platform rather than bouncing to varies systems. But often times you had to go to the Social Network anyways because Sysmos wasn't working right

Sysomos review by Stacey H.
Stacey H.

"Easy to use. Great Customer Service. Always innovating."

What do you like best?

The ease of use is probably the the best attribute. I work with a lot of other social listening platforms due to the licenses our clients have but always double check their results against Sysomos, as I feel the most comfortable with the results and how to use it to solve different tasks.

What do you dislike?

I think Sysomos could do more with audience segmentation and consumer insights. I think Netbase has a bit of headway on this feature.

1) Crisis management for brands who have negative articles written about them.

2) Content planning to help inform brand campaigns

I realize that Sysomos is able to help determine how the target audience talks about a certain subject that is important to our client and we are able to educate and redirect the brand messaging to be more authentic and relatable to the consumer.

Sysomos review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Sysomos is an adequate tool but is visually clunky."

What do you like best?

The sheer size of the data that we have access to through Sysomos. It's social media analysis (specifically Twitter) is its strongest feature.

What do you dislike?

Traditional media data is unreliable and littered with spam and un-useful data sets like press releases. As a coverage tracking tool it is largely useless for this reason and turns me to use TrendKite instead. Visually, Sysomos is way behind its competitors - it hasn't been updated in years and it shows. I would never show clients the graph screen shots or exports. We have design create new visuals because the tool looks so dated and ugly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the product before committing to it. It has access to large quantities of data across platforms but as a tool it is clunky, UX is average at best and the visual outputs are poor.

Conversation analysis to understand and outline what consumers are saying about a particular topic or brand. Also the identification of key influencers discussing a topic or brand.

Sysomos review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Sysomos"

What do you like best?

We've been using Sysomos for not quite a year now, and it has been an improvement for us over some of the other tools we've tried in the past. The range of data that it provide has been invaluable for us in evaluating campaign and strategy effectiveness in social. Our clients love how granular we can get with the data, and appreciate being able to perform Share of Voice and other competitive comparisons.

What do you dislike?

The system can sometimes be a bit less than intuitive, and frequently seems to take a long time to process data and spit out results. We've also run into a few funky graphic issues when exporting reports to PDFs, but it's not clear whether the problem is with Sysomos or the fact that we're on OSX.

Also, one of the features I loved the most - the built-in screenshot tool - seems to be no longer supported for the Firefox browser. It was very handy when pulling screenshots. I miss it and hope that the extension gets fixed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend time really learning the system, and figuring out how to use some of the more advanced features.

Sysomos has really brought a new level of robustness to our measurement and metrics capabilities. It's helping us refine our social strategies and tactics, as well as enabling better reporting to clients.

Sysomos review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"Good product for social listening"

What do you like best?

1. I have been using this product for close to 3 years and I find that the data quality and volume are good

2. Text analytics are okay

3. Customer service is prompt

What do you dislike?

1. Off late it is slow and takes time to load

2. The new UI is not great and I feel the old UI was far better

3. Resolution of complaint takes more time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for social listening and monitoring. off late we are getting more issues. Customer service is fine. If the issue is related to query setting or downloading, service is normally fast, else it normally takes more time to resolve. Overall the tool is good for social listening and the availability of historical data is a good feature.

for solving business problem related to social media.

Sysomos review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

I like the visual data that is aggregated (i.e. word cloud, buzz graph, geography, etc). I like the "listen" function as I can mentions, top influencers, total mentions, share of voice, and can filter out my search results by various different filters. Sometimes we want to just look at what stakeholders in the US are saying or just see conversations happening on one platform.

What do you dislike?

I believe the general "search" function can be enhanced. In my opinion, it's not as robust as the listening functon, which I'm sure is done purposefully. I also wish there was a way to cut out some of the "noise" in the search results as the queries don't always sift things out as much as we would like.

We have been able to track and analyze what our client's stakeholders are most interested in and what topics they are vocal about the most. It also helps to show which stakeholders are the most influential. We use this content to help with a monthly newsletter which has received rave reviews from our client's colleagues and other higher ups. It has also helped us to see that although there are stories in the media that may be important to the industry, these are not always conversation drivers for our client's stakeholders on social media.

Sysomos review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Limited social listening data"

What do you like best?

It's highly customizable. You can do a boolean search for nearly any combination of things, which makes your search endlessly customizable. It's possible to find exactly what you're looking for.

What do you dislike?

There's a very limited data set. Search only pulls data from the last 13 months - basically just Twitter and a few public Facebook and Instagram stragglers. Searches that you've set up as "listen" presets collect data and add to a historical database. But the drawback here is that if you add a new partner or spokesperson, there's no way to go back and retroactively add that data.

Dashboards are hard to set up and aren't easy to change. Plus there are no real options to stylize or consolidate widgets into more digestible formats.

Social listening is an important piece of our business, especially in tracking competitors. But seeing that Facebook is still the largest player in the social space, looking at Sysomos data is really only giving you a small piece of the overall picture.

Sysomos review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"using sysomos"

What do you like best?

i like that you can see overall user sentiment around a certain topic. we use it for brand launches, product recalls and it helps us to be able to tell the client what people are saying about their product or service.

What do you dislike?

i dislike that the facebook sentiment can sometimes be inaccurate due to private pages. i also don't like how sometimes when you add key words it's a little hard to track what users are saying about certain things because you have to get the right combination of words that match your topic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure that you take tutorials with your point of contact to be able to use all features.

user sentiment and monitoring. if a client asks us what people are saying about their brand or service we're easily able to pull screenshots from twitter of what real people have tweeted.

Sysomos review by Savannah J.
Savannah J.

"Sysomos is great for social analytics"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to search multiple handles and retrieve custom content. The ability to customize exactly what insights you're looking for is key (date range, social information, etc.). I like the ability to see reach, impressions, follower stats, influence, etc.

What do you dislike?

I actually find Sysomos more confusing and more difficult to use following the recent update to the software. I think training could be better implemented for UX and ease of use when updates are issued

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of the different measurement and analytics functions

It's great for social media analytics and measuring the impact of a social media campaign with reach, impressions, metrics and more.

Sysomos review by Ben G.
Ben G.

"Very useful but a bit slow and clunky "

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of the platform's capabilities. There are some awesome functions on the platform. I use it all the time for social listening. I love the popularity platform to determine when social spikes occur and the social functions for TWITTER are super built out. The ones I use most under the Twitter social tab are most retweeted and hashtag use.

What do you dislike?

It's not SUPER intuitive. I think there's a lot it could do to be better. For example, on the overall popularity section, why cant I click a date to take my to that date to find a social spike rather than having to go reset my search parameters? Aside from that, it's fairly slow sometimes and is really only useful as a Twitter analytics tool. The traditional media, blogs, forums and other social platform functions aren't really very robust at all and could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you need before purchasing. It's a very specific tool - Twitter-only. So keep that in mind.

Knowing what drives conversation around a brand is extremely valuable for what I do. In my industry, it's extremely important to understand how and why people talk about a certain subject and Sysomos is a fantastic tool for providing that pulse on conversation.

Sysomos review by Alison S.
Alison S.

"Sysomos for the Win"

What do you like best?

Sysomos is great for diving deeper into followers and those that may have a connection to your cause or business. It's basically a better form of stalking.

What do you dislike?

Some of the "listening" tools are not as user friendly as one would hope. It took a lot of back and forth with our consultant to understand everything we are able to do.

We're using Sysomos to better understand what our audience wants and how we can edit our content strategy to bring in new audiences based on their likes.

Sysomos review by Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

"Quick and Deep"

What do you like best?

It's one of the faster solutions on the market - letting you run complex queries without a whole lot of chug time. The data exports can take a bit longer, but provide much richer data than the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent customer service - it wasn't always easy to get a hold of our rep or get a sense of what features were becoming available in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface of the product is OK. If you want to go deep on their data - be prepared to deal with their data exports vs. their dashboard.

Rich data into conversation history, key participants, tone, topics and audience share (through their data exports)

Sysomos review by Administrator

"Hot and Cold"

What do you like best?

The core search function works well and provides immediate insight into almost any marketing question we have.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. The platform for Expion, in particular, can be kindly described as clunky and all the functions have issues with bugs. Other features surrounding the main search engine are "broken" too often or are otherwise missing obvious connections to other parts of the platform (i.e. search functions within engagement area).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using the Search function, but not any other aspects of the platform - it may be better to use multiple vendors until Sysomos/Meltwater make major updates to ancillary features.

We are monitoring brand reputation, finding influencer contacts, monitoring campaigns and segmenting our audiences. The insights from the core search and report functions have been incredibly important to that effort.

Sysomos review by User in Computer Software

"Sysomos SMM application"

What do you like best?

The best feature with Sysomos was that you could search historically on their platform. So if you missed something or wanted to look at a piece of social history you could. If you were switching from one company to another you wouldn't have to worry about loosing access to valuable information that you had collected.

What do you dislike?

Sysomos had so many features in their publishing tool that it takes a beginner many months before they were up and running smoothly. You want someone who is highly skilled using the product. Also, You can't schedule a post to Instagram you have to physically do it.---Instagram issue rather than Sysomos

Recommendations to others considering the product

Listen to what Sysomos has to offer and bring your use cases to them. Generally speaking most of the people we talked to understood our client's use case. I would likely utilize Sysomos again if a a client were looking for social media monitoring suite of offerings.

Listening to predict outcomes of things, from elections, to award shows to sports games. Recommend Sysomos for any of these features.

Sysomos review by Alicia B.
Alicia B.

"Powerful monitoring tool with integrated engagement functions"

What do you like best?

Sysomos Heartbeat allows us to drill into the mentions that matter most to our department, in an organized and strategic way. It also serves up a workflow system that is invaluable to our work, given the volume of mentions (2,000-8,000) we process each week. Having a tool which collects (and can export) relevant data within a framework we can define and control has been invaluable. We have been able to make more data-driven business decisions since migrating to the tool a few years ago.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes features available through native access (desktop/mobile Facebook app, etc) are not available in Heartbeat itself. For instance, tagging a user or another Facebook page in posts and replies is not available in Heartbeat. Twitter polls are also not available through Heartbeat, etc.

Also, keyword scans for Instagram, Facebook and YouTube are much more limited to simple terms in comparison to Twitter and other sources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an ideal tool (good price point, etc) if you're looking for something to handle monitoring, engagement and light reporting (in that order). You can customize the setup to work for you, whereas other tools are not as flexible.

Beyond the day-to-day monitoring and engagement, we've been able to listen for longer-range patterns and trends. We've been able to organize data and maintain our baseline standards of customer service, while concurrently dealing with adhoc crises and issues as they arise. Prior to Heartbeat, in a crisis, there was no way to organize low and high priority mentions, which led to resource drain and missed responses.

Sysomos review by User

"Excellent Tool, Amazing Account Managers"

What do you like best?

Yes - the tool is great. I love that I can schedule and publish posts, monitor mentions, and search for digital mentions.

What keeps me as a client is my amazing account managers: Pam Huck, Margot Underdown.

What do you dislike?

I love the tool and I don't care as much about the design, but I am sure other clients do.

Marketing awareness of brand and products by way of the social publishing tool. In addition we use the listening/search dashboards to keep tabs on our competitors, brand perception, and how campaigns are performing.

Sysomos review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"Sysomos is OK"

What do you like best?

It worked very well for pushing out content to social networks on a large scale. It could work well for an agency model managing multiple account. The reporting was satisfactory as well.

What do you dislike?

It was very difficult to customize store information on a large scale. Also, I think the in-platform customer engagement tools need some updating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure they have everything you need. It's a good product, but not a good fit for everyone. My company grew out of the software and needed a more advanced platform.

Being a larger company with over 100 stores, we were able to mange social pages through a single hub, provide analytics, and get real-time updates. This helped us realize the direction we wanted in which we needed to move.

Sysomos review by Administrator

"User friendly tool that can give you lots of insight"

What do you like best?

Once you have run a query, the analytics are created for you, of which you can then simply add widgets to create your own custom dashboard.

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement on the UX. Should look to provide more analytics and redesign so that users can have more options to customise. I also think the help section should be more prominent so that users can easily learn more as they use the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your query string is well defined as the system will pick up everything that is public, including those mentions that are not relevant to you.

Being able to measure online activity, especially in social media. Seeing what people are saying and the volume of mentions gives us a good understanding of our brand and topics that matter to us.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Custom Dashboards and Competitor Analysis Make for Great Reporting Tool "

What do you like best?

Sysomos must be one of the most comprehensive reporting tools I've come across in the industry. Specific features, whether searching by geographical area, specific timing of a campaign, etc. is easy to adjust and very effective. Being able to customize date ranges and specific search features to individual categories rather than having to apply to the whole dashboard is fantastic, especially when working on a massive report covering different areas. The platform is easy enough to navigate and exporting charts and such is done quickly and looks professional, perfect for pulling and inserting directly into a presentation if analysis is needed.

What do you dislike?

The ability to find influencers based on reach is nice, but I think it can use some work. Any search I've conducted yielded little results and I had better luck doing a manual Google search in this regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool for social analysis, particularly for large companies with multiple offices and different focus areas. Recommended, particularly for global companies that need one solid analysis tool.

I use Sysomos to bridge the gap between social and media analysis at a PR agency that covers both. In an industry where we are constantly being asked for both results and for projections, being able to pull reports from campaigns from years ago to days ago is definitely a must-have.

Sysomos review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to Use Tool for Quick Insights"

What do you like best?

SImple interface and excellent customer support. The Sysomos team is always available to answer my questions when something isn't working or I'm not understanding how to use the tool correctly.

What do you dislike?

The system has been down or unable to pull queries a few times which is unfortunate. Of course, this tends to be right when I need to use it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for quick insights and similar to others in the market. Sentiment scoring and influencer identification is particularly useful. Product reliability could use some help.

Quick mining of insights for new business, new clients, etc. I work in advertising and it helps us get to a brief quickly and can be used to back up our hypothesis. Just a great way to get a pulse on the consumer.

Sysomos review by Ilissa W.
Ilissa W.

"Excellent resource for quick, live social listening insights"

What do you like best?

Sysomos allows me to pull social insights and user verbatims from Twitter as well as other social channels and sort by authority score, shareability and influencer communities.

What do you dislike?

Outside of Twitter, the ability to pull deep insights from Instagram and Facebook is more difficult and offers less information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sysomos is a powerhouse listening tool for Twitter insights but you may want to look elsewhere for other social platform research.

Social listening, community management, influencer evaluation and identification.

Sysomos review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Great for Short Term Marketing Goals- Not a Long Term Solution"

What do you like best?

What I really love about this tool is the Dashboard settings you can create for certain filters. From there you can grab demographics, word clouds, visual activity trend charts, mentions, and influencers, etc. I use these items when creating monthly reports. Also, I like how you can see the dates of when conversations spiked. Super helpful when digging into see what consumers are saying about your brand.

What do you dislike?

The filters were NEVER accurate. We continued to work with our Account Reps to get rid of some invaluable noise, but we could never quite get rid of it completely. Also, the new look is hard to follow. I preferred the old software look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only if you want to solve short-term marketing goals. It is not a long-term marketing solution.

Social media listening and web listening. Helped with SEO and also our content strategy.

Sysomos review by Eliot R.
Eliot R.

"Good products challenging sales "

What do you like best?

Quality of product itself, Adam and Kristina as account managers, responsive support

What do you dislike?

Challenging sales and on boarding process

Competitor analysis. News monitoring. Crisis issue monitoring. Board-level reporting dashboards on communications KPI

Sysomos review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Social Media Manager multiple account"

What do you like best?

The flexibility for twitter of being able to see streams for 10-15 institutional handles at the same time curated to personal needs (for example, only mentions and retweets) is extremely useful for staying on top of social engagement.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to find tweets by third party handles that mention my organization without specifically tagging our handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly useful to monitor the streams of multiple channels and institutional accounts.

We have dramatically improved our ability to monitor comments to multiple handles that receive a high volume of engagement. We are also able to schedule social media content to go out in advance which makes weekend scheduling easier.

Sysomos review by Deanna F.
Deanna F.

"Live Sysomos"

What do you like best?

We use Sysomos to complete social listening projects on behalf of our clients. This tool provides in-depth insights that are hard to find anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Sysomos is a more expensive tool when compared to our other expenses

Monitoring brand sentiment and conversation volume

Sysomos review by Rosie D.
Rosie D.

"Ever expanding tool for all your social listening needs!"

What do you like best?

I use Sysomos on a daily basis for both quick queries, and longer analysis. Sysomos is a great way of customising your search terms via boolean queries, and is accurate in returning results across Twitter, blogs, forums and news articles. Its features which allow you to track popularity over time, compare share of voice, and generate quick conversation snapshots in the form of wordclouds are ideal for a variety of reporting purposes.

The recent addition of Twitter communities also allows you to find out what followers of a particular account are also interested in, perfect for social media strategies and content development.

Customer service is also A*!

What do you dislike?

I mainly use this tool for Twitter, blogs, forums and news articles, as the tools provided for Facebook, Instagram etc. are not as comprehensive as other social analytics platforms on the market.

The sentiment analysis tool is sometimes misleading, in cases of sarcasm or slang words, so be wary of highly positive or highly negative results!

Influencer rankings are very subjective, and the differences between top voices, influencers etc. are sometimes misleading as they're based on different formulas (which are undisclosed).

Twitter data only goes back 1 year, so its hard to decipher trends over longer periods of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to personalise and store custom dashboards would allow the data to be more dynamic, as well as simplify the dashboard in order to see what you exactly need. This would streamline the UX and help cut out all the noise.

Sysomos provides a seemingly endless source of data to solve our reporting needs, in a timely and efficient manner. This has benefited the breadth of our reporting formats.

Sysomos review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Accurate Social Tracker"

What do you like best?

Sysomos search has ensured I never let my clients down as it is thorough in including every single social mention. It ensures our reports are accurate and delivered to clients in a timely manner, including all relevant information.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike. Sysomos has been an effective tool every time.

I work in PR and we monitor crises and issues for our clients. This ensures we captures all discussions about the topics via social for our reports.

Sysomos review by Meredith C.
Meredith C.

"My go-to media intelligence solution"

What do you like best?

It handles Arabic well, it's easy to use, fast to implement and is reasonably priced

What do you dislike?

The API/walled garden issues others also face

Deliver actionable insights for audience-centric marcomms strategies

Sysomos review by Aurelio K.
Aurelio K.

"Easy to use, great layout, great client support."

What do you like best?

- Nice layout, the dashboard is simple, clean and not too cluttered

- The navigation tabs are clearly laid out

- Email and phone support that is provided by the Sysomos rep is excellent, followup and training is great.

- Depending on the boolean search string, the data coming back is fairly clean and what we would be looking for

What do you dislike?

- Somewhat limited in the charting and visuals, some options of additional or different visuals would be nice.

- Integration of other social channels would be a great added value (i.e. LinkedIn, Vine, Instagram)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Sysomos for it's ease of use, after you get the hang of building boolean search strings, the data output will be of fairly good quality with minimal data cleaning required.

- Finding what social influencers are out there by topic on the social platforms.

- Helping discover our clients SOV (Share of Voice) and SOC (Share of Conversation) on Twitter & Facebook.

Sysomos review by Sara R.
Sara R.

"Sysomos is a useful tool for basic social listening needs. "

What do you like best?

The twitter analysis is great. If you are good at building Boolean searches, you can get some great results very quickly. It's great for finding trending topics and hashtags and understanding the most viral conversations.

What do you dislike?

The Twitter data only goes back one year, which is a huge pain point when you try to compare any events/data year over year. Their influencer scale is very limited, based on a 1-10 rating, once you reach a 10 you could be Justin Bieber or some random journalist, so it's not particularly helpful in granular identification of different levels of influence. I use it for a B2B firm, so brand mentions aren't at a level where a product like this will really blow your mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to keep in mind the limitations of the product before going in. It doesn't work all that well with blogs, traditional media and social networks that are typically protected. You will need to supplement likely with other tools especially for media monitoring. If you are keen on Twitter, it's a useful tool, but keep in mind the tool only goes back one year. You also have to be good at Boolean search strings to make this tool effective.

We are finding a lot of success reporting on how our share of voice is alongside our competitors. We use the comparison option most frequently when running analysis. We have also found some success doing SOV comparisons for clients in specific industries.

Sysomos review by Alex C.
Alex C.

"Great tool for digital conversation analysis, waiting for more content-focused features"

What do you like best?

The fact that Sysomos MAP does not have a maximum number of search results or queries is huge. It means our planning and analytics teams can search any topic or brand within the past year and review as much data as they want. No other service really gives this function at such a great monthly value (~$1,800-$2,500 monthly depending on the number of seats).

This allows them to utilize complex boolean queries in addition to analytics tools included in the platform like specific user details, hashtag analysis and excel data exporting - all to uncover current user conversations and actions on Twitter. This results in strong strategy POV's, as well as the ability to jump on and provide ad-hoc analyses on pretty much anything.

For PR firms, the analysis of blogs, online news and forums add another layer of functionality when analyzing the current digital sentiment and topic around a certain brand, event or any keywords. I know a lot of agencies use the tool for consumer insights, and I think in some cases it is appropriate to use it for projecting those across Twitter, blogs, online news and forums.

Lastly, the tool is incredibly easy to use but has extreme depth with experienced users. Of all the tools I've ever used, this is easily the best one when it comes to on-boarding and training. However experienced users can really make this puppy sing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it only focuses on Twitter conversation in terms of social media. The Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube functionalities are all very limited. This really limits your consumer insights to Twitter if you're using it for that, which depending on your target audience, becomes a sample of a sample.

Additionally, the export function is currently limited to 5,000, which makes big data analyses difficult.

Lastly, it doesn't track any social media actions when you're searching conversations on Twitter (or any other channel). You can't see how many replies or retweets a specific tweet received directly without going to the actual URL. From a content analysis standpoint, users are better off using native analytics on Facebook and Twitter and manually pulling figures from other platforms like Instagram, Vine and Tumblr (unless you want to pay for another tool specific to those, which exist and do provide some added analysis).

That said, they have a complete UI overhaul coming soon, so I'm hoping that this will address some issues (but we'll see).

Recommendations to others considering the product

FOR THE RECORD: I've been using Sysomos from its beginning and have relationships with several employees there who I call friends. That said, I've tried to be unbiased as possible in this recommendation. Also, this is all about Sysomos MAP - their other product Heartbeat, I've decided to keep out as MAP is their true differentiator.

DASHBOARDS

Think about what you need to use the tool for, and prepare to have an analyst or planner use it. Sysomos MAP doesn't currently push out dashboards, but it may in the future *wink* *wink*

NON-TWITTER CHANNELS

If you're focused on strictly visual channels like Instagram and Pinterest, I would consider a visual analytics tool like Curalate.

PLANNERS/AGENCIES

Sysomos is a great conversation discovery workhorse for a great value for planning teams across agencies - but is absolutely vital to PR agencies. I highly recommend it for this.

COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT

From a community management standpoint, Sysomos MAP doesn't fit needs. You can't respond and can really only analyze Twitter convo in a beneficial way.

CONTENT PERFORMANCE

Not great for this since it doesn't track non-conversational metrics (favorites, etc..).

MEASUREMENT

Completely depends on what you're measuring - if you are looking to measure digital conversations, look nowhere else. If you are measuring impressions, look to your native sources of analytics as those always have the most accurate figures.

Bottom line is if you are doing a lot of ad-hoc searches across digital data, this tool is the best value - other tools will employ costs per mentions

Oh wow, I've personally used Sysomos to help structure digital communications across several Fortune 500 clients by analyzing the frequency and tone of topics discussed across channels, and discerning the best way for each brand to talk on the channel.

From a measurement standpoint, used Sysomos to create advanced boolean searches to uncover and track the frequency of conversations around product use, awareness and consideration that was tied back to online campaigns being launched. In one instance, the shift in conversation we saw over the year around very specific communications goals was matched by the client's internal measurement team to an increase in sales with a key demographic. So from that standpoint, it was very cool.

Lastly, it's also great for looking up conversations around annual events the year prior - seeing what took off and didn't, I've provided a lot of insight into what real-time strategies work around events that impact attendees and non-attendees.

Sysomos review by Brett M.
Brett M.

"Easy to use, always innovating"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for close to 4 years now and I have never had a complaint about the breadth of data you are exposed to. Unlike Radian6 or other social listening tools I can easily find everything I am looking for from sentiment and demographics to reach and tweet performance historically, not just the last thirty days. They are constantly innovating and evolving and I have always found my reps to be helpful and very responsive. For the price? You should have hired them already.

What do you dislike?

It can difficult to filter regional specific data but I don't think that is a fault of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I urge you to consider all of your options but if you are looking for a thorough tool that provides baseline detail while still providing opportunities to bring value to the client you should definitely consider Sysomos.

Typically I am searching conversations about the brand or campaign while measuring sentiment, reach and identifying potential crisis or opportunities to capitalize on.

"Sysomos"

What do you like best?

We use Sysomos to help us track specific social sactivations and campaigns. I like how easy it is to search for terms and break down where the mentions are on specific platforms I really like the tweet cloud feature. The are really fun to create and show to clients.

What do you dislike?

The exported reports are very ugly, and have way too much information that is often irrelevant to us and our reporting needs. It often takes a lot of time to go back into the reports and put it together in such a way that we can easily read the information.

We are solvin the problem of social monitoring and making it easier for us to report things to our clients,

Sysomos review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Long time customer - we love Sysomos."

What do you like best?

We worked with Sysomos since 2010 and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They are great to work with and continually update the platform.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a more unified code for all aspects of the platform instead of multiple different interfaces for different components.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a great, cost-effective solution that does exactly what you'd expect it to do. I would recommend you consider them for your social software needs.

Social listening, topic monitoring, real-time alerts.

Sysomos review by Leah S.
Leah S.

"Sysomos - MAP & Heartbeat Review"

What do you like best?

-MAP is great for unlimited ad hoc searches. It is very easy to set up a quick search or query to get a feel on how many mentions are happening on social media around a certain topic.

-The tagging rules are included at no cost!

-Customer support is A++++++

-Does have access to the FULL witter firehose

-Their reps will set EVERYTHING up for you for FREE if you need.

-Many languages are supported.

-They are FAST at implementing feature requests. Suggestions go straight to their CTO every Friday.

What do you dislike?

-Heartbeat is very clunky. The dashboard is not dynamic, the page must be refreshed manually for updates to be seen. Also, the engagement environment is not ideal. The routing, workflow and engagement functions are cumbersome and not intuitive.

-No mobile app

-poor search results for google+, youtube and really anything other than Twitter, Facebook, blogs, news

-Like it's competitors, sentiment analysis is not accurate. It can be overridden, but that is cumbersome and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check out the demo and see if it fits your use case. I know many businesses and agencies that have had success with it and prefer it over Radian6.

Very easy to do an ad hoc search to measure social chatter around a topic that arises.

Sysomos review by Ari B.
Ari B.

"Great platform for what you need, not the easiest"

What do you like best?

The information Sysomos provides is excellent, from conversation volume to influential personas, to social listening, it's all there and extremely reliable.

What do you dislike?

It's far from the easiest software to understand and navigate. Though they have made updates to their UX, it still needs some love.

Social listening

Sysomos review by Agency in Market Research
Agency in Market Research

"Great tool for high-level buzz analysis"

What do you like best?

Great for when you have a clear question. Sysomos can help you pinpoint specific conversations people have about your brand, competitors, or any sort of general topic really. The Boolean logic for keywords is really helpful, and I love the user-friendliness of filtering by country, language, and demographics.

The most helpful features are the word clouds, general charts showing number of mentions, and getting to look through specific verbatim from forums, Twitter, blogs, news, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are some features I try to avoid -- specifically user sentiment, which gives you a percentage of how many conversations are positive, negative, and neutral. I don't trust this algorithm's analysis at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have a clear question in mind. Use the buzzgraph, word cloud, social media dashboards. Get to know Boolean logic if you're not already familiar.

Some of my client's questions include "Why did brand awareness spike this month?" "Did people notice this PR stunt?" "Are people talking about the new commercial?" The more specific the question, the better the results. For example, one of my clients had a lawsuit covered in the news over the span of a few months. We could see spikes in news and blogs mentions over time and trend it with the brand's awareness and touchpoint levels.

Sysomos review by Nick P.
Nick P.

"The Virtue of Sysomos MAP is Its Flexibility and Versatility"

What do you like best?

Sysomos Map provides quality demographic and geographic data. It's easy to alter boolean queries and the tool is quite versatile. Sometimes, conversation numbers do not match those returned by other tools. The bottom line is the the product allows us to show that we are targeting the correct audience.

The tool provides quality information on dempgraphics. Additionally, the main virtue of Sysomos MAP is the tool's versatility in testing Boolean search queries.

What do you dislike?

The tool is quite simple. Though Sysomos MAP is expanding it's services in accordance to a partnership with Twitter, and have included new services and metrics regarding Tweet Life and influencer virality. All in all, the tool remains simple, at at times, volume numbers do not accurately match that of other social listening tools.

If your team analyzes raw data, you'll find it slightly difficult to piece together large data sets using Sysomos MAP. As it currently stands, a user can only export up to 5,000 mentions at a time, which can be cumbersome if you deal with volume of conversation in the 100k range.

The tool helps to provide fast metrics to cover the basics of online conversation analysis. In addition, Sysomos MAP helps when a task requires flexibility in search query development and for one-off audits or research requests.

The realized benefits have come from the ability to pull post-level engagement metrics simply by inserting the Facebook URL of a brand page. The tool as a whole has become very useful in competitor analysis.

Sysomos review by Sarah O.
Sarah O.

"Useful Tool for Social Listening"

What do you like best?

I have logged countless hours working within Sysomos. My agency used it for topical research and social listening for pre-campaign strategy planning as well as mention research for reporting on results. It's a great tool for learning about audience segmentation, key sources or influencers speaking about brands or products, and volumes of those conversations. It was a crucial tool in the reporting phases of our campaigns, allowing us to track volumes of mentions across channels at different time intervals. We could directly link marketing efforts to time frames of increased mentions, helping us prove value.

What do you dislike?

I wish Sysomos had more thorough pulls for YouTube videos and Facebook posts, but there are other tools that assist with those channels.

When researching, we are searching for answers about what clients say about a particular topic, to help us build out an audience profile. We're able to read their pain points and opinions towards the issues, and understand how to best market products or services to speak to those. It's been essential in helping us provide hard data to inform our marketing decisions.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great product to know what is said about your business online."

What do you like best?

The service provided by the Sysomos team is great to add media sorces in order to track what is relevent to your business - influencer campaigns, for example. Easy to use publishing tool for Twitter. Powerful tool to know at a glance what is going on with your business and your competitors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of features for Instagram and Facebook. Some news stories that show up in a Google search sometimes don't show up in Sysomos results while searching for the same keywords.

It helps me in providing business intelligence to executives in my company.

Sysomos review by Dennis J.
Dennis J.

"Sysomos as a Real-Time Social Search Engine"

What do you like best?

The greatest asset was its search functionality that helped us use their large data set for research purposes and monitoring against brand mentions.

What do you dislike?

I do think the user experience could be improved vastly. The tool shows its age in this respect. They've recently added Instagram support, but looks like some other tools have a little more advanced integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely decide what you want to use the service for. I recommend Map over Heartbeat. It is more powerful and provides more flexibility in querying their dataset for true insights vs. monitoring a stream of responses.

Used Sysomos for research opportunities, leveraging the easy-to-use search functionality to rapidly build queries against their data set. It was much quicker to use that some alternatives in the market place that are listening for queries and presenting them as a stream vs. using the system as a search engine.

Sysomos review by Agency
Agency

"Sysomos is good but not great"

What do you like best?

It was easy to create a search and apply filters. It also helped us to find influencers and conversations coming from specific people (on Twitter) very easily. Our account manager was very helpful and knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

The amount of data from platforms outside of Twitter was quite limited.

The tool was often quite slow and clunky, with bugs that took a lot of time to fix.

Identifying influencers around specific topics. Understanding conversations around specific topics which we then used to build a strategy.

Sysomos review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Sysomos Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Sysomos is that you can schedule posts in advance.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Sysomos is certain usability features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it if scheduling social media posts is part of your job!

Posting mass posts on behalf of our clients and scheduling those posts in advance.

Sysomos review by Hailey T.
Hailey T.

"Social Listening"

What do you like best?

The real time insights are great for social listening and monitoring for our clients.

What do you dislike?

NA - i find it really user friendly and helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

good to compare to other services based on your client's needs, however, this one is great for social listening with Twitter

making sure we are keeping a pulse on what people are saying about out clients

Sysomos review by Mike N.
Mike N.

"Simplified Social Tracking"

What do you like best?

The variety of metrics available to track social campaigns and topics across a variety of mediums,

What do you dislike?

The learning curve can be steep at first, but once you understand it, it's a lot easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Sysomos. They provide a variety of tools that help you track campaigns across different mediums and provide charts that are easy to grab and insert into presentations.

Better tracking for social metrics including ROI on campaigns we're running.

Sysomos review by Marisol P.
Marisol P.

"There are better social listening options..."

What do you like best?

It's definitely very easy to use - just about anyone could figure out how to run a quick report.

What do you dislike?

It capabilities are very restricted and the interface seems like a 1990's website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would choose a different product.

I get asked to quantify brand/campaign awareness and I do that through social analytics programs such as Sysomos.

Sysomos review by Travis B.
Travis B.

"Sysomos offers the best and most cost-effective social listening tool currently available"

What do you like best?

Sysomos offers 2 variations of the tool: MAP and Heartbeat. MAP is the superior product, but it's more expensive. The major difference is that MAP allows you to do ad hoc searches, whereas Heartbeat requires you to set up monitored search strings ahead of time.

Both tools are intuitive and offer great ways to do market research and customer service responses. I highly recommend both.

What do you dislike?

The sentiment analysis isn't the strongest, but I haven't found a tool that does it better. The word clouds and ability to tie words to related words is a huge plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a number of other social listening tools out there, but this one is the best I've seen.

Social listening, volume of social conversation, customer service, and page management

Sysomos review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Social Listening with Sysomos"

What do you like best?

Sysomos is an easy to use platform that allows users to understand social conversations around key topics using Boolean search queries, along with sentiment analyses, reach and engagement measures.

What do you dislike?

While there is a sentiment read within the platform, like all machine learning, quality and nuance of tone is better suited for coding by an analyst.

Who is talking about our campaign? How can we better engagement with them? Does our campaign change the conversation in terms of volume, tone, or content?

Learning about Sysomos?

* We monitor all Sysomos reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.