TVEyes

With TVEyes broadcast media monitoring service you can quickly and easily discover TV and radio coverage.

Work for TVEyes?

Learning about TVEyes?

TVEyes Reviews

Ask TVEyes a Question
Showing 265 TVEyes reviews
Ken K.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TVEyes
Greg S.

"Highly Recommend TV Eyes"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to go back and review news clips and have the ability to be able to download them and share them with staff internally to promote our earned media success.

What do you dislike?

Some markets aren't available and even some outlets within certain markets. There are also many 24-hour news stations in our promoted region that for whatever reason does not provide metrics like audience and publicity value - which we use to track our efforts' worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TVEyes has been very helpful in giving us the metrics we need for what our goals are based on. In a role where we are constantly seeking out earned media opportunities, TVEyes takes out most of the guesswork.

Part of our goal for public relations is based on media impressions and publicity value, so TV EYes is a convenient way to track those placements and see what their worth was.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Lou C.

"Easy way to track your TV mentions"

What do you like best?

TV Eyes allows me to keep track of brief mentions our University gets on local television, which are things I'd otherwise not have any access to; this is critical for knowing when media picks up and uses our written outreach. It also tracks and finds clips from other parts of the country, which has led to some nice finds and mentions we'd otherwise never know about.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would that they occasionally do not track a certain outlet that I need. However, they will take requests and add outlets if they are able.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very price friendly product that does an awful lot for you. Highly recommended.

The biggest thing is getting a better handle on the reach we get with media releases. We otherwise would have to record and watch or listen to every single news broadcast in the region every single day. Getting a handle on what's getting picked up helps us shape how we do outreach in the future.

Sheri L.

"Easy to use, great insights"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the downloading capabilities. Compared to one-off clip services, TVEyes is so much more valuable. I like that estimated value of the clip and estimated viewership is included along with the transcript. Being able to save items in to the library is super useful as well.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to be able to create a branded newsletter - not just a report - with selected clips highlighted and linked.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you constantly use clip services at a one-off rate, definitely write TVEyes into your budget. It will give you a lot of information, and offer you an opportunity to do competitor research or even best practices of other similar companies.

It assists greatly (especially in the nonprofit arena) of clearly articulating the value of a communications and marketing department.

Kendra W.

"TVEyes"

What do you like best?

TVEyes provides a great way for me to track our hospital's exposure on our local TV stations. I also like that I can save specific clips and send them to our doctors or nurses who have appeared on local media, especially those who are not comfortable or very well versed in public speaking. It allows them to evaluate their performance and improve.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that oftentimes the clips that are being saved are not stories - they are advertisements or other features. I don't really blame TVEyes for this because we sponsor several weather cameras around the area, and so our name is brought up on TV every day. But it does mean I have to wade through all of the weather mentions to get to actual coverage.

It helps me keep track of stories we are doing, which doctors and nurses have gotten media coverage, and even, on rare occasions, it's alerted me to a story that's going on about our organization that I wasn't aware of. This allows me to flag management and help prepare a response, if it's something potentially negative.

Jennifer D.

"Great Broadcasting Monitoring Tool"

What do you like best?

TV Eyes monitors both TV and radio in 210 media markets across the U.S. and provides real-time email news alerts anytime your search term is mentioned. Additionally, you can watch TV coverage in real-time which is helpful if you need to 1) Respond to something immediately 2) Tweet/post about it on social media or 3) Clip the segment and send to interested parties

TV Eyes also provides real-time audience insights and earned media value, giving us the ability to provide ROI to clients as well.

Having a real-time monitoring and alerting tool has allowed us to be proactive in a number of ways: watching secured segments live, responding to comments immediately or monitoring for brand mentions in a crisis situation.

One VERY important distinction between TV Eyes and its competitors is that TV Eyes monitors and picks up EVERYTIME a segment about your company/client runs. Local TV will often run the same segment multiple times, which makes a big difference in terms of reach and impact, and TV Eyes will report to you everytime the segment runs: 5 am, 7 am, 6 pm newcasts, etc. Competitors will only catch a segment once, which is not truly reflective of the media coverage you're getting.

Additionally, the customer support is very fast and responsive and the price is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a disklike, since all broadcast monitoring tools do this, but something to keep in mind is that the monitoring is all based off of closed captioning keyword searches and closed captioning may write the same word multiple ways.

This means it is really important to think about all the different ways a word/name may be captured on closed captioning and monitor for them all. For example, if I wanted to capture barbecue I would search terms such as "barcecue" and "bbq" and "bar be cue."

Proactive media relations as well as brand monitoring and crisis mitigation.

Tony B.

"Monitoring News for Law Enforcemet"

What do you like best?

Being able to instantly access stories. You don't have to wait a day or two for the system to catch up. I can find what I'm looking for within a few minutes of it airing on TV.

What do you dislike?

Content from Fox News is not available. The keyword search isn't very accurate when trying to track down a specific story. If you don't have a word hit, you must scan through the power search feature to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great way to gain control over viewing and saving stories, not just in your local area, but nationwide. No longer do you have to rely on contacting news stations or companies for files, which may cost you money.

If we miss a story, we can pull it up without searching news outlet websites. We can download and share the files with people in the department, whether it be for their personal enjoyment or to help support an investigation.

Michael C.

"Helpful service unlike any other"

What do you like best?

TVeyes has an incredible level of detail, almost a complete selection of networks to choose from and find relevant content. The fact that it's up to date almost instantly is also perfect for today's social media environment. Commentary and analysis need to be almost instant to ride the news wave, and TVeyes helps us do just that.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find exactly the clip you are looking for, because if your search doesn't match exactly what is present in the closed captioning, it resets your entire search. makes the search process very long and painstaking. I also wish there was a better way to set up tracking over time, to generate graphs for how often certain words are used by certain networks.

We're a non profit that monitors the news and entertainment media in regards to their coverage of immigration. So a tool like this is incredibly helpful to get a detailed perspective from a variety of sources. TVeyes truly provides us with a depth and breadth advantage, no other company compares.

Charlie H.

"Great way to save time and energy"

What do you like best?

I'm instantly alerted when our search terms hit the airwaves and can have a custom link edited ready to share with leadership or download and save within 3-5 minutes of the mention airing.

What do you dislike?

It is a little cumbersome to create reports that are visually interesting and easy to present. The data that can be pulled is good, but it takes a little work on the back end to make it appropriate to share to leadership or board members in a way that would be easily understood by non-media types.

We previously tried to record all newscasts on a DVR for monitoring purposes, but that took active monitoring and could easily be thrown off if program changes affected newscast start times or lengths. We also did not have an easy way to share the content that we recorded with other people involved other than having them come to my office and view it or me giving them a summary.

Ben A.

"Great tools, easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find content when you've seen it on TV. Often times I'll see something when watching TV and be able to download that clip to show co-workers about 4 minutes later.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the keyword search can be finicky. I've oftentimes searched for a certain word or name, and it doesn't come up with a search, but then used the time search function and found the clip, which included the exact words I searched for in the transcript. I also wish you could set a search term that has multiple spellings, as a lot of times names get misspelled in closed captioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely easier to use than IQmedia, with higher quality clips. However, doesn't go back as far (only 1 month), so you have to stay on top of your searches/downloads

There are certain topics we're looking to see how the media is covering it. For example, this election season, our organization was really focused on Health Care as an election topic. It was useful to use TVeyes to find out who was talking about Health Care on which network and how they were positioning it.

Diane S.

"TV Eyes for Victoria Theatre Association"

What do you like best?

TVEyes catches my brand and venue mentions very well. We are mentioned quite a bit because our venue hosts many organizations, so it is good to know when the name is mentioned. I especially like the value of the mention info. Great for my board members! I also enjoy the training webinars that are offered. I was thrilled when my rep, Jamie, was able to offer a discounted rate to use TVEyes,. His offer could not have come at a more perfect time!

What do you dislike?

I am still learning the reports and such and adding search terms confused me a bit at first. My problem is that I don't use it as much as I should so I forget how to do things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because I am human, TVEyes is able to catch mentions of my organizations on broadcast and give me a dollar value each time! PR is difficult to quantify and I have often struggled to provide a dollar figure to a TV appearance,, story or mention. With TVEyes, all I have to do is run a report and it will tell me the market value.

ROI on PR is the most important. I am able to tell my supervisor, donors, sponsors, etc. a dollar value of their PR. Was unable to do so before TVEyes. As a non-profit, it is imperative to provide ROI rationale to the board and senior staff. If a program or software does not produce results, then it is cut from the budget.

Marissa S.

"Very useful but could be more user friendly"

What do you like best?

TVEyes has a lot to offer but it does take some time to get used to it and make it helpful to your needs. I would like to see the platform updated a bit to be more user friendly and not seem so archaic. For example, searching TVEyes is located on different pages depending on how you want to do the search. Having every search option on one page would not only be easier but less confusing for folks trying to get the hang of the system.

What do you dislike?

The transcripts could 1000% be more accurate. I know that these are pulled from the station's closed captioning and especially with the local channels these can be pretty rough. But this is the most time consuming part for users to correct if we need to extract them and use them for work. I hate it, my interns hate it, so I really hope there's some work going into fixing this.

I work in communications so a lot of our job is tracking relevant mentions in the news, which is often, so as a whole TVEyes is very useful for this and snapstream doesn't even come close to being as useful here.

AA
Agency in Airlines/Aviation

"TV Eyes"

What do you like best?

I love how TV Eyes has a lot channels ! It is very user friendly and I can easily manipulate the exact clip that I want to watch and download.

What do you dislike?

I wish TV Eyes had even more channels! Also, I don't like that the website looks like it's from 1990. I think they could use a series upgrade to the software to help with some of the glitchiness.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think its a great resource and super easy - no fuss! If you're looking for a basic system that can accomplish clipping media, this is the right resource for you.

Finding earned and paid media placements from media outreach or SMTs that I host with clients. Or, if when watching something on the TV, and we see something that can be useful to our clients, its super helpful to easily be able to go back and watch the clip and send it to multiple people.

Matt D.

"Great service at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of clipping video and audio. I also like how well they layout the market watching and the value of the clip.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had full metrics (value and audience) for radio. We get lots of clients there, but can't give them an idea of what the story was worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an easy and cost effective way to gather your television and many radio stories and show value for the hard work that you're doing. I'd recommend it for anyone who is on television or doing public relations because clients love to get a hard copy of their moment on TV.

TV Eyes allows us to grab hard copies of our work to use to brag to clients about why they hired us in the first place. We are also able to teach them how to use these assets to promote their business beyond the initial run.

"Easy to use and amazing coverage"

What do you like best?

TVEyes offers a user-friendly interface and the depth of coverage is terrific. The monitoring service is superb, and when I need to access additional content, I can find, review and save any clip I want in a matter of minutes. But what I like best is the fact that TVEyes offers outstanding customer service. The reps are always quick to respond and extremely helpful. They understand our needs and are always willing to go above and beyond for us.

What do you dislike?

The format of daily media alerts reports can be overwhelming due to the large number of hit we generate. I'd like to see some summary information added to each alert to help summarize the results with a glance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TVEyes is worth the investment.

TVEyes is a great help to our brand and reputation management. Finding, reviewing and sharing relevant content is no longer a problem for our organization.

"Useful, but needs an upgrade"

What do you like best?

Convenience of use. Ability to track when and how we are mentioned.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to efficiently search through clips that you've saved in your media center. You need to hit NEXT through each page to go back in time, unless you change the URL. I feel like there would be a better way. I also wish there was a way to export hits into an Excel report, choosing the categories you'd like to have in the representative.o I don't believe there is, so we track all of ours manually, which can be very time consuming. Would also be better if the text was less gibberish. You can rarely just look at the text to get a sense of the topic of conversation.

Tracking of all of our TV/Radio hits. Sharing clips when necessary. It is beneficial to have as a service as we need to report on our media coverage.

Ethan W.

" POWERFULLY SIMPLE TV SEARCH"

What do you like best?

The CEO needs to know. Our search engine helps you pinpoint the right coverage, instantly. No phone calls, no waiting. Click, and you’re done

What do you dislike?

We alert you to broadcast coverage within moments of airing – so you can advise clients, head-off issues, correct errors and identify trends earlier

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep organized as you search. Just click and save to Archive to review and share at a later time.

Creating reports is powerfully simple. Click, add, annotate and edit. Add analysis and commentary. Share with executives, account teams and clients. See? You’re simply powerful.

Our broadcast monitoring suite keeps you on top of TV and radio coverage no matter where it appears – on CNN, on the local NBC affiliate in Twin Falls, Idaho, or broadcast over the radio airwaves in Trinidad. Our powerful tools help you discover and pinpoint the right clips easily, analyze the impact and report successes widely.

Brook W.

"TV Eyes Review"

What do you like best?

TVEyes was VERY user friendly. And the customer service was very prompt and thorough. I was able to figure out the product from my very first use and without the tutorial videos that were recommended to me.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints! I had nothing but ease the very first time I used the product. I didn't even need to watch the tutorial video.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend TVEyes to anyone looking for an easy method to viewing news about any particular topic.

We have used the product to monitor news for our clients. It's a great one-stop-shop for clipping tv blips.

Lari B.

"TV Eyes Instrumental to Track Media Coverage"

What do you like best?

I like being able to edit and download the video clips so I can share them with my school administrators. Being able to give tangible proof of coverage, including the monetary value of those clips, is a key way to collect data to support job performance.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I would ask TV Eyes to do differently. The alerts that go to email are very helpful and the search functions are easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

TVEyes streamlines the process of searching for news coverage about your company, non profit or other entity. It reduces the amount of time spent doing this sometimes tedious job.

Being able to show an increase in the ad value each year is a helpful way to indicate our success in story pitches and the value of positive coverage of our district.

Ted R.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

TVEyes is so comprehensive and easy to use. I check in every day and find it an invaluable resource.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could bring Fox Business and Fox News back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to familiarize yourself with the product and keywords. Transcripts aren't always entirely accurate, so add adjacent spellings to capture more coverage.

TVEyes is instrumental in tracking all of our broadcast coverage. It's really important to see where we're being cited (TVEyes often finds stuff we didn't even know was coming) and to stay on top of competitors and broader industry trends.

Shane S.

"Quality and Reliable Media Monitoring"

What do you like best?

The reliability and user-friendliness of TV Eyes are the best I have found. Additionally, the alerts the TV Eyes offers are quick to come and cover even the most obscure mentions. Lastly, the coverage offered is fantastic. From many different local channels to national outlets, to print media and radio, everything is covered.

What do you dislike?

My only real "complaint", if you will, with TV Eyes is the inability to find, edit, and download clips from years past. I have found that unless you clip and download within a month or so it is hard to use the media.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Extremely reliable!

I utilize the media market and price share numbers frequently. It is a great way to ensure messaging reach and to stay on top of the latest mentions of my principal.

Sam S.

"Essential for campaigns"

What do you like best?

No other service has given me the footage I need to track the TV news cycle, where the online coverage increasingly diverges from what's on air. The search function can be incredibly helpful for research. I would recommend this as an essential service for any campaign for Congress, US Senate, or big city mayor.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to access and search. A single-use search function would be very helpful, since it's not the cheapest platform to maintain an account with. Additionally, I wish there were more extra functions and easier integration for web platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In the political space, I think it's essential for races at the big city Mayor level and above.

I can track appearances from clients and see the relative value of our earned media (and that of our opponents), giving me an idea of how to spend a very limited TV budget. Knowing where you're showing up on the airwaves is invaluable.

Charles (Cholly) H.

"tveyes is a quick and accurate source of monitoring stories and people that are important to me. "

What do you like best?

The good people at tveyes are always available to answer any questions that I might have; they make you feel like they truly value you as a client. I definitely like the computer seminars they offer from time to time keeping me up to speed on new concepts and techniques.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes are hardly worth mentioning; tveyes is always quick to respond to correct any problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

tveyes is a first class operation that is always there when I need them ready to address any questions or concerns.

With tveyes I am able to quickly view news stories as they occur, locally, nationally and internationally.

As a veteran photojournalist, tveyes allows me to keep up with the progress of my colleagues in the field.

Catherine K.

"User experience is not very good"

What do you like best?

I really appreciated the ability to actually download clips so we could share them with our audiences and stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

The interface is clunky and outdated. You can't open multiple tabs, and there are a lot of dead ends from which you can't go "back" to a previous menu without logging in and starting over.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try a few demos with multiple monitoring services before choosing TVEyes. There are others that monitor ALL media, not just broadcast.

We were able to demonstrate ROI on PR initiatives by giving tangible evidence to board members and donors that our appearances on broadcast media had calculated monetary value. (This is the case for any such monitoring service.)

Mickey D.

"TVEyes Review"

What do you like best?

Convenient and picks up relevant content to keywords we set.

What do you dislike?

TVEyes sometimes misses local media coverage, for specific examples it doesn't pick up WYDC-TV Big Fox, which is one of the primary news stations in our area. We don't find local viewership numbers reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very convenient for easy access to clips, but not a reliable media tracking device.

We use TVEyes to track our earned media, including interviews and coverage we arrange, and to have clips of aired coverage. It works for our needs.

Learn more about TVEyes

TVEyes Videos

Learning about TVEyes?

* We monitor all TVEyes reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.