Mention

Mention

Mention is a social media marketing suite enabling brands & agencies to drive the conversation: be in the know with Listen, our online monitoring tool, and spread the word with Publish.

Work for Mention?

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Mention
Masha S.

"Help to find the rarest mentions"

What do you like best?

I love most that we managed to find out about the mentions of such influencers as Neil Patel of our service in his articles with the help of Mention.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to get daily the number of mentions we got within this day, like at the end of the day or at the beginning of the following day - the total number of mentions for the previous day. But maybe it has such option and I just haven't found it.

Social media tracking is just not enough without Mention, I love this app! It helps us to raise our brand's awareness and prestigiousness and gives us the whole picture of what is going on. It helps to track negative opinions as well and improves the work of our Customer Support and Customer Success who may react quickly: we got two new clients this way as we reacted to their negative opinion and did our best to improve the situation. They're our clients now:)

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Cheryl B.

"Mention makes me look like a hero!"

What do you like best?

I am usually the first to share helpful and important information with my clients and colleagues. The information invariably is about a competitor or something that we/they will want to keep an eye on. Luckily, I am confident that Mention already has its eye on the topic!

What do you dislike?

I do not use the dashboard as much as I should, relying more heavily on the alerts sent to my inbox. But when I do I always find a nugget of information about an influencer that is helpful for me or my clients. I think Mention has done an amazing job of increasing and improving the level of valuable information it gathers and shares.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mention is worth every penny. I find that the information I get from Mention is invaluable to me, my clients and my colleagues.

Mention lets me give my clients a leg up on their competition. Mention also allows me to alert my clients to and prepare them for potential issues before they arise. Listening to what others are saying about my clients' products or areas of interest and industry is critical to being sure we are ready for any potential social media storm!

Rikke J.

"Easy to use and very good way to keep track of where your brand is mentioned"

What do you like best?

We've use it to keep track of when bloggers and guests mention our museum. We have a tight budget - as most museums - when it comes down to marketing/communication/PR. This helps us finding out what our guests post about their visits and also allow us to find out if international bloggers or newsites writes about the Viking ship Museum in Denmark. we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions comes directly to my inbox!

You don't have to google your company and filter through all the mentions in order to find out who is talking about you and what they are saying. There are times when someone mentioned us unexpectedly - even top-professional newssites does not always get in contact before they write about the Danish Viking Sships.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep if you're a non-profit organisation. We are using a free account, and there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind).

Our Museums has a very international profile, and it is quite costly to overview both Danish press and media and internatioal press. But Mention has really helped us to get some insigth in the international mentions and find out who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name).

Brandi D.

"Peace of mind for a startup founder"

What do you like best?

Mention is one of those amazing things that I just don't need to think about- it provides me with a timely heads- up of all media mentions and organizes all of the information in one platform, so I can keep my focus and attention on other matters-- which is a big value as a startup founder juggling a million things.

What do you dislike?

Because I tend to use it in "autopilot" mode, I'm sure there is a lot more functionality that we could be using. That falls on me and my team to dive in and figure that out- I'm sure questions will follow along with some "ahhh, that's brilliant!" statements.

It helps me easily track, monitor and organize our media mentions from one place- I also love that it provides a ranking of influence for each mention or article. This is really helpful.

Michael C.

"A great tool for tracking web / social media brand mentions!"

What do you like best?

Aptly named, this service is perfect for keeping track of when your brand name is mentioned on social media or the web in general. I have been using it for years, after giving up on Google alerts which were completely unreliable. I would whole heartedly recommend Mention.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that sometimes the social media mentions are shown on the email alert as 'Unknown' but I believe there's a way for me to fix this so it's probably my fault!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to give it a try, even in conjunction with other monitoring tools that you might already be using.

It is helping me solve the problem of missed opportunities when my brand is mentioned on social media. I can now also reply immediately in a positive way to comments/questions and not miss out.

Zee G.

"Awesome Way to Find Out Where You're Mentioned"

What do you like best?

We've used it when we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions (especially when your brand name is somewhat unique) are coming to your inbox.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep if you're a small company. So you can start with the free account and see if this instrument is needed for you.

If you are using a free account, there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind). Otherwise, it can be a very convenient tool for marketing specialists, especially if you're using the dashboard available for listening analysis and competitive analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You don't have to google your company and filter through all the mentions in order to find out who is talking about you and what they are saying. There were times when someone mentioned us unexpectedly and it was a wonderful surprise to see it since we were a small IT startup back when I discovered Mention.

If you are a marketing specialist at a large company, it's a great tool to simplify your life.

Our company is not a big one and therefore every mention counts. Mention gives us the opportunity to easily track where who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name)

Dr. Simbarashe M.
View Original June 11, 2019

"Awesome Marketing Efficiency and Effectiveness"

What do you like best?

I can schedule my posts

I can monitor my online presence anywhere on the internet

I can get notifications promptly

What do you dislike?

I should at least have 2 social media platforms on my scheduling dashboard under the free package or trial package

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best online or social media monitoring package, its reliable and easy to navigate.

I can monitor and plan ahead my Social Media posts and presence. Mention has made my company to be aware of the feedback we receive online in seconds and our swift response to the notifications we receive from Mention makes our online presence well managed. In a nutshell, Mention has afforded my company with a direct positive impact on our online reputation.

Christian C.

"Best in Class Brand Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & understand your brand mentions

What do you dislike?

Can be a little pricey, depending on needs

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent for any level of professional for monitoring your brand, your client, and anyone seeking reputation intelligence.

I am able to completely monitor brand reputation and ensure that metrics are identified, reviewed, and focused on accordingly. I can monitor any mention of my personal information, my brands, or my clients which gives me the ability to enhance or resolve any mention and to act upon any information that is on the web. Monitoring Social allows me to engage immediately, and intelligently with anyone that speaks about my brand(s) positive or negative, Mention allows me to act quickly and to ensure the accuracy of information available. Daily digest notifications are perfect for monitoring any mentions, and I can quickly interact with those that are speaking about me or my brands. Mention is perfect for individuals OR agencies handling reputation management in any capacity. Their tools are complementary to any of your current platforms that allow monitoring and you can easily discover influencers, allowing you to have a more powerful and advantageous engagement with those influencers. The reporting feature is amazing and allows you to create reports that can be utilized for stakeholders, clients, or your own personal reference points for month-over-month mentions and ensure that you are headed in the right direction with your marketing and branding efforts.

Thibaut D.

"Great way to save time on scouting the web for mentions"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and effective. The most valuable feature for us is probably being able flag spam sources or irrelevant ones. It takes very little time to do and compounds in value as it really quickly cuts through the noise. Digests are also very handy for team members who don't have much time to dedicate to social listening but would still like to keep an eye on it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike to be honest. Perhaps an easier way to reply on Twitter straight from the platform, but perhaps I missed this feature somehow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it, it literally takes seconds to get started and the free trial is large enough to get a good idea of the platform's capabilities and whether it's a fit for you and your team or not.

We mostly use Mention for social media monitoring as well as influencer and blogger outreach. So, there are 2 main areas that we use Mention for:

1) Listening for mentions of Livestorm on social media and 2) Keeping track of articles related to our industry that don't mention us in order to follow up with the authors. In general, we also just reach out to authors or publication's owners in order to start a conversation, get to know them and being able to reach out again when we have relevant news to suggest.

Ethan J.

"It gave me good data and monitoring results!"

What do you like best?

One of the best things I like is their statistics dashboard. Their influencer dashboard did a good job in helping me connect with the right individuals in the photography industry They have an accurate monitoring spot and they never miss out on publications that I don't have the time to look for on my own.!

What do you dislike?

I was hoping I could look into my Twitter lists for any keyword as oppposed to going through the entire Twitter site. I was recently told from their deveopers that they'll consider including this feature in the near future.!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It helped me keep a consistent eye on conversations made about my brand. In addition, I was able to to successfuly streamline line it with different social media platforms.!

I highly recommend it!

I'm now capable of detecting top publications and news that matter most as well as those with a high influencer score. This keeps me abreast on corridor voices and essential news. Its mobile app is perfect for receiving instant mentions.!

Alessandro P.

"Always keep an eye on your brand"

What do you like best?

Mention is a great platform that allows you to monitor your brand accross the internet. Thanks to its simple interface is easy to learn how to use it and organize all the mentions regarding your brand. It works great if you're in a team. Mentions helps you to set filter if you do not want to monitor certain sites (for example we excluded our website, we know when we talk of ourself lol). Also the pprice can be affordable for solo enterpreteneurs and small business.

What do you dislike?

We found some problems of using the recent influenzer dashboard. If the Mention team work on it making it more handy and simple it will be a lot easier to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use Mention everyday. I highly reccomend you to use this platform i fyou want to manage your brand reputation and also keep an eye on your field competitors.

We use Mention to keep an eye on what our customers or potential customers say about us but also we use it to follow the trends in our industry, especially from competitors.

Gianfranco C.

"A great & easy-to-use media monitoring tool for everyone - businesses and individuals! "

What do you like best?

Mention is quite a dynamic listening-tool: you can use it wisely to monitor a competitor, your own brand or business, or even (from a personal point of view) to check whenever anyone mention you in any social media or blog.

It has a super easy set-up and you can get started with fresh results in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The only 'con' was the limit in using the "Influencer Dashboard" from a personal plan; the only way to unlock this useful extra dashboard is to subscribe to Starter or Company plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try- you can opt in with a free trial and seeing after a couple of weeks if you're satisfied for the results. I've started using it for my company, but then also subscribed for my own personal branding as Social Media Manager / Growth Hacker: believe me, it really helps!

Lots of time saved in searching/analysing competitors, or being able to response in a timely fashion whenever your brand is mentioned anywhere.

We have been able to add an extra layer of quality to our Customer Support service, able to assist you, on any social media you mentioned us!

Sylvain B.

"Excellent outil de veille, avec une excellente équipe et relation client"

What do you like best?

L'outil en lui même s'est placé dès le départ parmi les meilleures solutions de veille, et ce qui est tout aussi appréciable est la relation client avec l'équipe Mention qui est à l'écoute et prête attention au user feedback.

What do you dislike?

L'outil devrait mieux pouvoir d'éliminer les faux positifs, en faisant appel à de l'IA qui analyserait si une mention est effectivement pertinente ou non (tel que le fait Google avec le knowledge graph et les résultats de requêtes). Par ailleurs : il manque des possibilité de paramétrage dans le back office. On devrait en effet toujours avoir le choix et pouvoir, par exemple : choisir de désactiver le "sentiment" (automatiquement toujours attribué aux mentions). Enfin : Mention devrait proposer (grâce à un partenariat avec des services tiers ?) un moyen pour ses clients d'avoir une veille 360° (y compris hors web : cad PQN/PQR, TV, radios).

Mention permet le scan du web ouvert et pas seulement des résultats Google. C'est en cela une solution bien + complète que Google alerts.

Sarah N.

"Comprehensive and helpful!"

What do you like best?

I use a lot of different marketing tools for our agency and my favorite thing about Mention is that it seems to find mentions of our brand in places that my other tools miss. It helps me to keep track of who is talking about us, even if it's not @ or # on social media.

What do you dislike?

not a fan of the layout. I think that the layout should be overhauled to be more intuitive and small screen-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend updating the layout. I think that the three vertical panels isn't intuitive to use and causes me to have to hunt around more than I would like.

I am utilizing Mention to find where people are tagging or talking about us. If someone mentions our brand in a quote and I see that they didn't link to us or tag us; it gives me the ability to reach out to them and ask for proper attribution.

Stephen T.

"Determining the value of Mention and it's influence on small business"

What do you like best?

How you see the strength of your posts. This service is a great way to understand your audience and in marketing for sales. It is a great way to see the power of interest in the products and services your company provides. I also like all the features available, such as, being able to communicate with an influencer who may have a positive effect on my business.

What do you dislike?

A lower price for businesses just starting out would be a great additive. I've found that some businesses are just starting out that do not have the capital to use useful tools like mention. A more extended probation period that doesn't negatively affects the company should be researched.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Elygantthings highly recommends this company and its tools. Mention is a valuable tool for businesses heavily into analytics and tracking of their marketing results. This companies tools are perfect for understanding your influence and determining what type of content best suits the audience you have acquired.

I love how you can see and document your most successful posts. This fantastic tool in many ways can be used in many ways such as using results in presentations when giving a pitch to another company. You can tailor your marketing by the results provided effects and so much more.

Heidi B.

"AWESOME SOCIAL MEDIA TOOL!"

What do you like best?

Mention is a great service that sends me occasional emails that alert me when I have been mentioned by someone online. This allows me to respond to the person that mentioned my brand by thanking them for the tweet, post, status update, commenting on their blog, etc. It makes it LOOK like I follow them already, even if I really don't! Mention also allows me to respond if someone posts a complaint or an issue about my products online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get alerts for websites that I have tried to filter out. For example, I don't need an alert every time someone pins something from my site. I also don't need alerts for tweets that I am replying to, or in a conversation about, etc. Just participating in one Twitter Chat could wipe out ALL of your free mentions in a single day. Things like that happen, and you only get 100 "Mentions" per month with the free service. So unless you can get the filter to work properly, the free level of service won't work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! I highly recommend it. It's easy to use, and a great time saver.

I am trying to streamline my social media presence and use it for marketing purposes.

Scott R.

"Best I've Used"

What do you like best?

Helps me keep track of where someone's talked about me or one of my books.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a lot of the features have been moved behind a paywall, but I understand that they need to make money. It is a business after all. I can't give away all of my books for free if I want to keep writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to keep track of yourself or anything you've created, this is the site to use. I've yet to have an unexplained spike in sales that I couldn't go to mention and see where a website has promoted my book.

I'm so busy writing I don't have a lot of time for social media, and this helps me stay connected quickly and easily.

Jon P.

"The best media monitoring tool I've found"

What do you like best?

There seems to be an endless number of media/social media monitoring companies. After reading loads of professional and user reviews, I narrowed my search to Mention and Brand24. I used both platforms for a few weeks before making my decision. While Brand24 offers many of the same features and is less expensive, #2 below was a deal breaker for me. I now have an annual "Company" plan with Mention. Here are my pros for Mention:

1. Exhaustive monitoring (I haven't found anything Mention has missed on social media, blogs, news sites, videos, corporate sites, etc)

2. Ability to interact with posts inside the app. (You can like, follow, etc. inside the app. This is where Brand24 came up short – if you want to interact with a post, you have to click and go out of the app to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)

3. Notification speed (alerts flow in continuously throughout the day. Often the mention will have posted only minutes ago before the alert is issued)

4. Unlimited source blocking (as far I can tell)

5. Influencer scoring (via Klout for Twitter, Majestic for websites, and an internal system for Instagram)

6. Straightforward and attractive UX/UI

7. Listening analysis, competitive analysis, insights and reports (I haven't used all of these yet)

8. US-based account management and sales for US customers

9. Easy set up and maintenance

10. Boolean searches!!

What do you dislike?

While Mention offers the best in many areas, there is room for improvement:

1. You need to upgrade to a company/custom plan for Boolean searches. Without this, you can only exclude five words/terms for each search/alert. Unless you have a VERY unique company name and product category, you will spend a lot of time reading through irrelevant searches. You need Boolean, trust me! It would be nice to have one standard plan that includes Boolean.

2. The spam filter takes a long time to work – it's a long game. You'll need to identify a lot of spam (here spam means irrelevant to your search, not traditional spam) over a long period of time for the Mention algorithms to begin knowing what to automatically exclude from your monitoring. So it's a nice feature to have, but not something you can quickly rely on.

3. If you have multiple accounts on the same social platform (e.g., two Twitter accounts) it requires three clicks to like a post or follow an account. First you need to click "like", then select the account want to use for the like, and then confirm by clicking "Save". The last step should be eliminated to save time.

4. For some reason, posts with video often won't load, so you have to click out of the app for those.

5. You can't receive alerts specific to the accounts you follow or have on a list (to my knowledge). It would be great to set up alerts only from accounts you have followed or have on a Twitter list, for example.

6. Occasionally the interface becomes unstable/unresponsive. In most cases, a simple page reload will clear up the issues.

7. The sentiment analysis appears to be rudimentary, likely based on the presence of certain words, rather than attempting to determine context.

8. I don't think support is available on weekends, and while there are account managers in the US (Eastern Time Zone), I believe the hardcore tech support staff is only located in Paris and likely only available during normal working hours in the Central European Time Zone.

Mention was such an upgrade from Google Alerts that it's hard to even make a comparison. It's like going from a battery powered toy car to a Tesla.

PJ Leisure B.

"Fantastic platform to promote your business "

What do you like best?

The platform that I used was very user friendly with a great experience even for people like myself who haven’t been brought up with computers. Very easy to download pictures and documents on mobile and desktop. Would certainly recommend to anyone who is trying to promote there business and get up to date notifications on competitors posts.

What do you dislike?

I couldn’t say there was anything really that I disliked I enjoyed the experience with “mention” and “my news desk”

Helped me solve many problems where I was previously missing out on opportunities where my competitors were making the most in promoting there business.

Jason D.

"A useful tool for digital marketers & PR"

What do you like best?

It's an incredibly useful tool - that allows you to really get into what is being said about your brand and to track exactly how it is that you can control your message

What do you dislike?

I genuinely wish the pricing system was a little bit more flexible, I like the package I'm on but I think that the differential between price points is a little steep and this can really limit access to some other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand how it can be integrated to you marketing strategy, to simply bump the ego it's not entirely useful, it should fit comfortably into your marketing strategy

Primarily around communications and perceptions, for our brand it's particularly important to remain aware of the challenges facing our brand

Bart H.

"Mention used to be good by now their internet forum mining is terrible"

What do you like best?

I used to have a great relationship with Mention because they did what I expected. Then the results started lacking, close to 90% of previous results. They kept telling me they were working on their end to fix the problem. Nothing!

What do you dislike?

I then said I was going to cancel at the end of the month and the person helping me canceled my account without telling me that the package I had is no longer available. If she had I would have stayed on hoping for a fix in a reasonable time. Very disappointed in what they have become. Mention used to be very helpful with my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for Blog/Internet forum data do not waste your time. Heck, I wasn't even getting product release info from major publication's. I don't know what happened to Mention but they have been zero help to me since 10/2017

Online PR. Checking what customers are saying about our products and if they are having any issues.

Penelope J.

"Spread the Wealth and Tell Your Friends"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the Try It on For Size Free Plan. It is a generous program that entices users to work with the program, see how they can use it to integrate their business plan into their social platforms to build their brand and market more effectively to more readers and expand their base. Indie Authors are not typically born marketeers and having a program that they can easily SEE how effective the network of distribution channels and marketing plans and ads they are paying for to promote their books is right at their finger tips in a tangible way You can actually see what is and isn't working which better serves your future planning in that a project-able ROI is a handy thing to have to gauge exactly how much to invest.

What do you dislike?

I prefer a more legible contrast on my font ink. Small thing, but it is big to me. The little things slow me down. Grey on white is a pain and it aggravates me. Older users typically have my money to invest in profitable software but all too aften, developers market to their peers. Why is that?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will never know if you don't try it. Obviously, Cyril is interested in the development of the software for end-user use. If it isn't working for the user it won't sell. And Cyril contacted me to see how the shoe fit.-- Quite nicely. I am considering an upgrade.

Distribution and growing my reader base by viewer to buyer conversion. I like it!

Lauren F.

"Mention Makes Listening Easy"

What do you like best?

Mention is great! The dashboards in the native web app make it a breeze to keep track of mentions of your company and competitors. More, it easily integrates with other tools you already use like Slack. I setup an integration through zapier, so I get real-time alerts when my company is mentioned. My team can benefit from this, too, so everyone is in the know when we are "picked up" somewhere.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards can get a little noisy, making it difficult to sort through.

Running marketing at a startup is exciting and also has limitations. With a lean team, we cannot be everywhere and hear, see, respond to everything. With mention, our lean team can be more aware and keep track of mentions, shout outs, coverage, and conversation about our brand and industry.

Donna H.

"A great way of keeping on top of your social media monitoring - highly recommended!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that when I get to the office in the morning, I receive dedicated emails containing the social media mentions for each of my accounts, I can quickly review them, then pass them on to the account management team for further analysis and recording in our clients' coverage books.

Mention contains a lot more functions that we have yet to take advantage of, but we will be doing this in the coming months.

What do you dislike?

From our experience, Mention is a very solid media monitoring product that continues to meet our growing needs. Cost is always an issue, but Mention have managed to keep the service reasonably priced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try and get the best out of the service by getting to grips with all the functionality.

Mention is solving the issue of monitoring a wide range of client accounts. The service has enabled us to demonstrate ROI and give us a platform for future growth.

Aida Josefina G.

"Reseña de Mention"

What do you like best?

Con mention puedo tener una visión cronológica de cada de las menciones que conseguimos en Carmencita Inc, a través de Twitter e Instagram, podemos programar publicaciones, buscar tópicos en específico siempre que lo queramos e incluso descargar las menciones en el formato que prefieras.

Mention te mantiene actualizado para que puedas dar respuesta a tus clientes en tiempo real.

What do you dislike?

Mention se ha convertido en la herramienta perfecta para mantener organizadas todas las menciones, así como también monitorear cada uno de los tópicos que nuestros contactos esten comentado; de esta manera podemos mantener una relación con nuestros clientes y contactos en tiempo real, razón por la cual no encontramos características negativas que reportar en Mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mention recopila toda la información que se maneja en tus redes sociales con respecto a tus ventas y publicaciones programadas, especialmente la menciones, son organiadas de manera cronológica, para que de esta manera puedas dar respuesta a tus clientes en tiempo real.

Con mention, he definitivamente, dejado de googlear el nombre de mi compañia, Carmencita Inc, para saber de comentarios en internet con respecto a los servicios que ofrecemos.

Podemos manejar las redes sociales que más utilizamos a través de Mention y conseguir un universo de posibilidades para mantenerte actualizado con respecto a las necesidades de tus clientes.

Pedro N.

"Deja de Buscarte en Google con Mention"

What do you like best?

Con Mention puedes dejar de buscar tus mentions en Google.

Mention puede organizar rápidamente todas y cada de las menciones que obtengas en cada de las redes sociales que hayas asociado a tu cuenta de Mention; te dice cuales son los comentarios de tus publicaciones y el flujo respuesta con respecto a lo productos que estes promocionando a través de tus redes sociales.

What do you dislike?

Mention puede filtrar cada comentario que se genera con respecto al contenido que se publica a través de tus redes sociales, para de esta manera tener un monitoreo completo de cada de estas y asi poder dar respuesta a cada de una de las publicaciones que generes; después de un uso exhaustivo no encontramos caracteristicas negativas que resportar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mention filtra toda la información y el feedbak que se genera de tus cuentas en redes sociales para que puedas monitorear muy de cerca todas y cada una, para de esta manera mejorar y actualizarte en tu sector.

En Peter Nation Entertainment hemos dejado de googlear nuetra cuenta para encontrar comentarios adicionales de nuestros contactos y clientes. Podemos con Mention hacer una revisión completa de todo el contenido que se genera a través de nuestras clientes, así como también pogramar las publicaciones en los horarios más convenientes.

Mention es una excelente herramienta de trabjo.

Aaron T.

"Amazing product that helps to keep you competitive in the digital marketing age!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface and the constant upgrade of the product. Plus they help you set up accurate keyword monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I would love more integration with difference products, like Moz or even some form of marketing automation software. I'm being nit picky though, there really isn't anything I dislike about Mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a product that will help you monitor your brand or key conversations and do not have a huge budget for new software, I would absolutely suggest getting Mention!

We lacked any software that allowed us to listen in on customer or potential customer conversations. With Mention, we were able to discover these conversations and saw and increase of sales associated with joining these ongoing social conversations.

Ilaria B.

"Easy way to monitor your brand and competitors"

What do you like best?

The interface of Mention is so good that we love to use it a lot. We love the fact that for each "alert" of a mention you can see the location, sentiment, listening and also the influencers work on the mention. So it's not just matter of the weigh or volume of the mentions, but all the elements that create it. It have also a good managing of the roles in it.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is really slow. You need to understand it well before using it, and you do not have so much help in the FAQ or How To sections. They have to improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to control your business and your activityes onto the social world, Mention is the best choice that you can make.

Thanks to Mention we can keep an eye on every social mention of our events and see how well the audience perceive our presence. Also Mention helps us to understand in wich way the "competitor's events" move to see what we need to improve to stand out before them.

Surbhi D.

"Been using mention since two years at two companies. My go-to product. "

What do you like best?

I get to keep tabs on anywhere my brand is mentioned, which helps me reach out to my target audience on multiple platforms, and push conversions and retention.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. I wish I could upgrade to premium plans, but I work in the startup ecosystem where money is tight, so I don't see this as a drawback. You have a great product, and I can't complain about your monetizing is. That's how a business works.

I get all my mentions at the same place. All platforms across the Internet brought together under one dashboard. I also use ither online marketing tools, and sometimes mention shows me data that they don't, which is a huge plus. With mention, I'm not missing anytime my brand is mentioned.

Gail J.

"Mention is a Great Program"

What do you like best?

Love this program, and may look into getting the paid subscription, because of how well it skims the internet for information..

What do you dislike?

The paid subscriptions are for WAY more mentions that my small company warrants.

* The "not relevant" feature does not seem to screen out the non-relevant information as it suggests it does.

* The "free" subscription does not seem to work as well as I would hope, which makes me wonder if the paid version would work any better.

Solving the problem of finding media and visitor posts - who do not know our tags and social media accounts. The benefits are that I have found "mentions" I otherwise would never have been able to find.

Roger T.

"Mention - Review"

What do you like best?

I have found Mention to be an indispensable tool for keeping track of how my domain is being used throughout the Internet. Mention provides up-to-the-minute indexing of links, both bad and good, thus allowing me to take the necessary steps to protect my websites reputation.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints other than I wish it were free.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to keep track of your company's internet reputation and links, Mention has got to be in your arsenal.

My website has been the focus of a continuous and focused negative SEO campaign launched by competitors. Mention has allowed me to deal quickly with published duplicate content and plagiarism and it has allowed me to quickly identify backlinks that should be disavowed.

Niels T.

"Really helpful in keeping track of all the online keywords about your company"

What do you like best?

I like how mention has a friendly user interface. really helpful in finding mentions about the company, yet it has some downturn in pricing for the enterprise. Start plan is very helpful if your company only has a broad targeting.

What do you dislike?

- Price for enterprise

- Could only afford starter plan version

- With narrow targeting you need enterprise version which cost 7000 euro per year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Starter Plan version is good enough but if you company has a common name it will bring mentions from other company's online. It will also track a lot of @ mentions from twitter on the dashboard. With Enterprise, I heard you can really narrow down your input in mentions but the price is really high compare to other tools. can't keep track of Instagram unfortunately.

We are solving problem about keeping track of all online mentions about our company from blogs, news, social media and other online platforms.

James H.

"Real time keyword monitoring"

What do you like best?

The program is extremely easy to use and the customer support is phenomenal. Mention gives you the ability to quickly respond to all of the listings of your mentions on all the major social media sites with it's login integrations.

What do you dislike?

The customization for keywords is lackluster. Without having the option to exclude words from the search, it can sometimes bring up way more results than you are asking for, which could eat up your quota for mentions very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for using a simple real time keyword finder. Not so great if you don't have a unique phrase or company name you commonly use.

We were able to find mentions of our company on sites that google alerts would not be able to find.

Cache W.

"Bang for your buck!"

What do you like best?

The quality of the product without a bundle of unnecessary functions, plus the Mobile App is great! For someone looking to keep tabs on social for either Marketing purposes and or PR this is a great solution. The platform allows you to keep a pulse for what is going on without having to spend unnecessary amounts of time. I have utilized it during multiple major announcements throughout my career and have been able to quickly track and analyze what is going on and then pull the information from that platform and provide around the clock updates to Senior Leadership. Mention gives me a ton of confidence in providing my boss with the information they need and shows them that we have our bases covered. If you are looking for something in this realm I would highly suggest starting with Mention.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and specifically the exporting of reporting data could be better. That being said you get what you pay for and the abilities of the platform and the intuitive nature outweigh the reporting short comings.

We primarily use Mention to track social media interactions and look for trends during key events and announcements. The benefits to Mention are the ability to track what is being said about the brand and or products across the web in one platform. For anyone using Google Alerts you should move to Mention and realize the benefits without having to overpay for another software platform.

Carlos S.

"For active social media users with unique names."

What do you like best?

Mention can be helpful for companies and users that are active on social media, especially when that content will be shared or when engaging with media.

What do you dislike?

My frustration with Mention came from false positives. I received many alerts for mentions of my company name (just the first word), though they had nothing even close to do with my business. If your business name is generic, or in my case based on the name of a place, the constant false positives were incessant. Filtering and alerting that mentions of a township, often in another country were received weekly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give the application a trial period to evaluate the effectiveness of capturing your usage and activity. The false positives can be frustrating. I used Mention for a limited number of platforms but would certainly want to check if on others that I did not use because they were not a fit for my business - e.g. facebook, Instagram, youtube.

I was offering quotes to the media and was not hearing back from the publications if my quote was used. I used mention could alert me to users sharing my social media content or to be alerted when my name or company name was mentioned in the news or online.

Henrik C.

"Valuable tool"

What do you like best?

It was quite easy to understand how it works and get it set up for first use. I managed to get all of our SoMe accounts connected and started using features within an hour or so.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I found negative was the inability to get sentiment right in Swedish/Danish/Norwegian. The ability to listen was my first priority and I was hoping that the sentiment tool would be the most usefull.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a clear SoMe strategy in place and a clear picture of what you want to achive. We did not have that and thats why we did not really benefit from Mention. Also make sure that you know what you want to accomplish with the tool itself.

We wanted to follow our brand on SoMe and tried Mention as a tool to get this done. It worked fine, but what we found was that there was so little activity around our brand, that it did not really make sense to track it ... Currently we are not at a point where we can use that insight to change our brands SoMe prescence.

Jon A.

"Deep searches across digital platforms makes Mention a staple!"

What do you like best?

Mention is our go to deep search across the internets. It allows us to keep a constant read on what people are saying about our brand, staff and organization. UI & UX are so important for ease of use and Mention has a great eye for both of those. Adding mentions/searches are so simple, getting your social media channels loaded in and searching are simple and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

The price point for this tool scales quickly. $29 for 3,000 mentions and only 3 searches. Seems like $10-20 might be a better price point for their lowest plan. Other than the price point, I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to get notification about your brand from the far reaches of the internet, Mention is the service for you. Not only is the UI simple and easy to use, the support is fantastic. There are quick ways to sort and get rid of junk mentions or mentions that aren't relevant to you.

We needed a place to deep search the internet and Mention does just that. It's simple, the UI and UX are simple, straight forward. The sales team is a great resource and helped us get set up quickly. They also allowed us to demo a higher plan to see if we would need the higher plans.

"Good for online mentions"

What do you like best?

Mention helps keep me on top of brand and competitor mentions. I get an alert every morning with a preview of mentions and go to the app to investigate further.

What do you dislike?

Getting rid of all the noise can be a challenge. When I look at a list of mentions, and mark a mention that is irrelevant, instead of carrying on with the next mention, it takes me back to the top of the list. I then have to scroll all the way down for each time I mark something as irrelevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up alerts

Brand and competitor monitoring made easy and simple. Also a good way to identify influencers.

Phil C.

"Great asset for social listening. "

What do you like best?

With Mention, they are consistently evolving and offering new listening tools to their clients. I am most excited about their new TV monitoring tools.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike from Mention. I do wish their location tracking was a bit more powerful. Ultimately, I would love to see some tracking with Snapchat and Instagram stories, but I am not sure the API is available yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need content from Instagram or Snapchat use another software, but everything else that is offered from Mention is fanstastic.

We have an active need to be social listening for our clients, so using this platform is critical to offering strong listening services for our clients.

"Best press mention tracking tool I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Mention's crawlers pick up just about everything.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I don't like about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's affordable enough to evaluate as an add on to your other PR and marketing tools. In time you'll find Mention is more robust and thorough at finding pickups compared to your other tools.

Working in PR for more than a decade, I've used several press mention tracking tools - Cision, Meltwater, Google Alerts, etc. - and found that most of them missed the mark when alerting us of pickups. I'd have an investor email me a blog article that included our company, or colleagues email me a link to a chat forum that mentioned our company, and often times, our expensive press tracking tools didn't see them. I found out about Mention from a marketing conference I went to and have been hooked ever since. Mention's crawlers pick up just about everything - tweets, chats, forums, blog posts, and even international mentions. I love knowing I won't miss a beat with the tool.

Nataly B.

"Best for the money"

What do you like best?

Gets more brand hits than other more expensive services. I tried 4 free trails and mention was the best, even over Cision which took forever to set up! This is quick and easy, and the support team is nice and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some placements I find on google if I search first. Not every placement is found. Many are and it's a big help.

The problem with press outreach is that you send information out, have conversations with press people and the news comes out without any notice. Clients want to see the results of your outreach efforts. The daily emails and easy to navigate dashboard help with all of this.

Kenny K.

"Mention Helps My Business Keep Track of Our Brand Online"

What do you like best?

The best part of Mention is being able to find mentions of our brand that we probably would have missed. This way we can contact the web owners and acquire a link if none are present. This helps us with our organic rankings and direct traffic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for filtering on the plan our company currently subscribes to. I'd love to be able to filter out mentions on sites we already know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want more control over filtering, you may have to purchase a higher priced plan, but if you're looking to get simple mentions that will help you increase your visibility online and keep track of negative press, the lowest cost plan will work perfectly.

Our company is increasing our brand presence online and increasing traffic and visibility online. This helps us grow subscribers and revenue.

Jessica D.

"An essential business tool! "

What do you like best?

it is easy to use. Set up in minutes.

Mentions allow real-time updates of my Music artists and competitors. The wealth of data collated can be viewed from a dashboard for quick updates while by the click of a button the date can be unpacked to gain greater insights.

Mentions is a great way of listening to customer feedback not just from our clients but their competitors. Ultimately Mentions has to lead to a better CRM and ROI.

What do you dislike?

that mentions, wasn't my idea. I am a start up business (full-time business student) so I don't have the funds right now get the subscription just yet - frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this platform was suggested by a student in a marking my university webinar for digital marking strategies. he recommended it as a great tool for strategy since he's workplace has been using it. After trialling it, I to will highly recommend it to others.

Understand who our competitors are and their tactics. listening to the social conversation about my artist. the benefits are having one simple tool to access social listening and its a nice looking app. For music artists, the price point of the service is key in gaining CLV.

Maddy O.

"A great tool for keeping track of brand mentions across social media"

What do you like best?

Mention always finds the weird random spots I get mentioned on the internet, and there are many. I write for several high-quality publications, and sometimes these posts are scraped and republished elsewhere. It's also good for finding when something I wrote gets mentioned as part of a roundup. And if someone doesn't tag me on social media, Mention finds my name on random profiles!

What do you dislike?

The difference between the free and paid plans is a big jump in pricing. I'd love to use some of the more advanced features, but can't justify the price as a freelancer who has limited needs compared to a corporation who can more easily afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Why not give the free plan a try? Once you see it in action, you may opt for a paid plan based on your needs.

See "what do you like best" - pretty much sums it up. Lots of random use cases have presented themselves throughout the time I've used it.

Dustin W. S.

"Most beautiful social listening experience"

What do you like best?

As someone who is a real stickler for UI/UX design, I can't help but have a smile on my face while using Mention. The interface is gorgeous, intuitive, and easy to use for all tasks. I also believe it has one of the most powerful social listening engines because it finds things other tools don't. Super happy with the product as a whole.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the pricing model. I wish it was a bit more flexible for smaller businesses. Other than that, there's really nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honestly, it's the best place to start with Social Listening IMO. Quick and easy setup, simple to begin using right away even if you have no prior experience.

Discovering brand mentions or links to our content that we couldn't have otherwise found. On top of that, we needed to be able to follow up with those brand mentions/links in an efficient manner. Mention solves both of those problems in the best way I've found.

Aziza Y.

"Great Corporate experience with Mention"

What do you like best?

It sends me timely notifications of all related mentions of our organisation, which allows my department to track easily our engagement progress online. You can modify number of notification you wish to receive per day, its also available via app, which allows me to stay on top of our media activities.

What do you dislike?

I believe if could also add language diversification and capture Arabic mentions for example as well. It could help number of Arabic speaking countries, businesses and people. I would also suggestion Russian language as this also is widely used in many countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider expanding language coverage, as mentioned Arabic and Russia would add value.

We use it for our corporate communication department, to manage our online profiles and engagements. It also helps us to stay connected with our members, by knowing what and when they say about us and being fast in responding to their comments.

Hande Y.

"Very bad experience"

What do you like best?

It might be useful for free version users, although they have to take their reports frequently because of the limitation of the free account.

What do you dislike?

I used Mention to prepare a report for a company. I needed a one month report but I was not able to get one month data from there. I could have 7 days data. So I decide to upgrade my account but I didn't know that would not help my problem. After upgrading my account to Solo, I couldn't download my data which I can do it as a free account user for 7 days. They said that you need to upgrade to Starter with a price of 99 euros monthly, and I did, but it was changed nothing that I was still not able to download my data. And they said that you need Custom account which has a price starts with 6k euros / yearly. I never knew that it was going that way, I never get any benefit, I paid 99 euros for nothing and their help center refused to paid my money back. I think it is a shame for them I never used their Starter account, I switched it and told them instantly after upgrading. Even though they saw that I didn't get anything that I want. So please be careful by upgrading your account, you will not be able to download your data with a Solo and Starter, they want everyone to switch ther Custom acoount which is very expensive.

Nothing.

Barry W.

"Must have service for any small business"

What do you like best?

At their price point, Mention is the best solution for small businesses and startups that want to monitor their reputation on social media.

What do you dislike?

I was pretty happy with my evaluation of the product, but of course there's always room for improvement. I hope to see them grow and add more features.

Monitoring social media mentions helps in several ways; First of all, it helps business owners keep an eye on their reputation in order to address and correct any potentially negative customer mentions before they become a issue. Secondly, it helps to promote and interact with any positive customer feedback as soon as possible in order to reward customers and build brand loyalty.

Tim C.

"Like a Google Alerts for social media"

What do you like best?

I subscribe to both Google Alerts and Mention alerts, and for me Mention alerts are usually more relevant and actionable because they allow me to quickly find tweets or posts with relevant keywords, and then reply, retweet or share right within the Mention interface or on Twitter.

What do you dislike?

I tend to use the desktop app and email alerts because I'm not a big fan of the iphone app functionality.

I'm a blogger and I try to find other people in my target audience on Twitter with specific keyword combinations. Rather than searching on Twitter manually, Mention brings these people to me.

Learn more about Mention

Mention Videos

Learning about Mention?

* We monitor all Mention reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.