Newswire

Newswire is an online press release distribution platform that helps businesses increase online visibility and web presence.

Take a short survey to find the exact distribution plan for your campaign goals

Work for Newswire?

Learning about Newswire?

Newswire Reviews

Ask Newswire a Question
Showing 228 Newswire reviews
Newswire review by Cameron T.
Cameron T.

"Good reporting and publicity"

What do you like best?

The coverage is great. I shared the reporting with my team and found our press release on many news outlets. We are hoping for more exposure for our business products in the financial space.

What do you dislike?

Not really a negative, but my original press release needed revisions. Their Editorial Team was helpful and did provide suggestions in order for my press release to be approved. I wish I submitted sooner but was able to get it published the next morning. Overall a good experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We tried free distribution services but it did not get any reach. With Newswire, we got good reach at a good price.

We wanted to build more visibility for our business in the financial sector. We are happy to see that our press release can be found on Google and other search engines. I'm happy and my boss is happy. We will use Newswire again for our next release.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Newswire
Newswire review by Peter O.
Peter O.

"Great site to get the word out quickly, but wasn't overly effective for me."

What do you like best?

How easy it was to submit a story. The site is very intuitive and user friendly. The interface for the site is easy on the eyes and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The lack of instruction or demo on what a proper news story should look like and what it should include. While the interface is easy to navigate, the instructionals are lacking. We submitted a story and it was turned down. I contacted them to ask why and then they approved it without telling me anything. It made me worried that it didn't fully meet the requirements and went out regardless, which could very well hurt our chances of being featured on various outlets.

Spreading the word about our projects and the news that comes from them. It helps us in having to track down each individual source and contact them ourselves. Plus the weight behind Newswire makes it easier to get our foot in the door.

What Press Release Distribution solution do you use?

Newswire review by Lorenz W.
Lorenz W.

"Good tech but still room for improvements."

What do you like best?

The appointed account manager was active and always attentive. The website dashboard is all good, and it just works. I liked the fact that we at some point had two account managers working with us to sort out some issues!

What do you dislike?

The product description on the website could be a bit better explained. I sometimes found myself clicking through the various products in order to find what I was looking for. The analytics part is a bit hidden, why not put it front and center on the dashboard. When we had a small emergency, and sent a release with a wrong headline, our account manager was attentive, but accidentally sent the same/wrong release out again, which was of course very frustrating. That's why not more points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before submitting your release, double-check every single word. Once it's been released, there is basically no turning back!

Reaching publishing houses in Vietnam and Asia. We ultimately achieved our goal, and got two noteworthy articles in the Vietnamese press.

Newswire review by Lindsey G.
Lindsey G.

"Straightforward press release distributions"

What do you like best?

The interface is much better than PRNewswire. It's really simple and easy to use, the newsroom is great and the individual releases look good. Additionally, the multimedia options make the release look like it's on a real news site.

What do you dislike?

I know they have a lot of different types of distribution pricing option and it's not really clear the benefits of using the different types of distribution options. I typically just choose the $100 option and it seems to get us on all the syndicate sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used two other systems and seen more and Newswire certainly has the most straightforward process. I have never used their news writing service but will consider it. The releases look really nice in the newsroom, it feels robust and professional and the release landing pages look much more modern than other services.

We wanted a relatively inexpensive, yet professional way to distribute our releases. I like being able to link directly to the Newswire-hosted release. What I love is that the platform is really simple to use and to add multiple elements to a release, which I like. The newsroom makes us look much more professional than other services.

Newswire review by Amber R.
Amber R.

"Newswire.com is a great company and very easy to use"

What do you like best?

I have been using Newswire.com for several years now and they are a pleasure to work with. Our releases get published with wide distribution. They are very customer oriented and always assist if I need help. They always provide solutions and if there's anything from with my releases, they provide the suggested wording to handle it or give other suggestions to ensure it will be approved through the review process.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. The only thing I would change is that they make their posted releases social media friendly so that the images properly display on Facebook and Twitter. Right now, they show up small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Newswire.com is very easy to use and very solution oriented. If you want a no-hassle services for getting your press releases distributed, they are the ones to use.

We are able to get our content out to the media quickly and easily.

Newswire review by Jade U.
Jade U.

"Very easy to use for PR submissions"

What do you like best?

Their platform is easy to use to send out press released which was our main use. However, we noticed their Newsroom product which was something new to us. We never had a newsroom prior and saw the immediate benefits once we got our setup. It's an added cost but seems to be worth it as we now have one central location for all our company news, announcements, events, etc.

What do you dislike?

Specifically for their newsroom product I'd like to see more customization options. We were able to edit header/footer but still would be great to get granular and add in our own css/html. Maybe it's possible but it wasn't readily seen. Aside from that their pr distribution and submission form was easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their platform is easy to use for submitting PRs and they have additional tools and products like the newsroom product that we found useful. I have not tried anything else like their media contact db product or monitoring but going to try it out.

I was able to quickly and easily submit a PR that was urgent for that day. Their editorial team actually got back to me within minutes of me leaving a vm. So that was a big plus. Additionally their newsroom product was a bonus for us as we now have a showcase for all our company news.

Newswire review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Great Budget Wire Service"

What do you like best?

The Newswire support team is top notch. They are highly responsive, easy to reach, and always very helpful. What's great is that even if you are using their lower end release option, you can still schedule your releases to go out quickly. Other services we've used don't offer that flexibility. Their prices options are great; they offer some of the most affordable distribution options we've seen.

What do you dislike?

Their basic wire option is pretty limited as far as the contact list it's distributed to - it would be nice if they included the Business Journals on that list. We'd be far happier overall if that was the case.

We are using Newswire for basic news distribution services for our clients. The benefits of using them vs. PR Newswire or Business Wire is the cost-effectiveness to wire the releases.

Newswire review by Joe P.
Joe P.

"Fast, easy and affordable"

What do you like best?

Very easy to follow instructions so that your release gets correctly submitted and distributed. The results come quick and our release was picked up by over 150 websites. This saved us a ton of time and got us in front of a lot of news outlets that we didn't even know existed.

What do you dislike?

I got everything I had hoped for. No dislikes. Small organizations like our simply do not have the time to seek out hundreds of news organizations in order to submit press releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are wanting your press release to get picked up by dozens if not hundreds of news websites, this is the site to use.

Saves our organization a lot of time. It eliminates the research we would have to do to find all of the correct contact info on news organizations.

Newswire review by Gina S.
Gina S.

"Very easy to use and efficient."

What do you like best?

It is very quick and easy to make a publication, I could say that in less than 10 minutes approximately. It has an excellent quality-price ratio.

What do you dislike?

I have not had problems with this software and could say with all propriety that this is a quality product, without any doubt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personally I have given excellent results. I make many press releases to promote my company's website and I have had a lot of exposure, including news from Google. Very positive and good value for money.

Newswire has helped me a lot in my business by simplifying our public relations strategies and has allowed us to meet all difficult deadlines with ease. Thanks to this software I have had better capacity to serve my clients and produce impressive results.

Newswire review by Molly W.
Molly W.

"Easy to use, configurable reach, flexible options"

What do you like best?

The Newswire staff was very helpful when I was evaluating which of their solutions best fit our company's needs. We are using Newswire for PR distribution and the process is easy to complete, it includes all of the major channels we were looking for and the flexible pricing structure fits with our budget.

What do you dislike?

The media database would be a nice feature for us to be able to add on, but the annual costs were a bit too high for the size of our business.

Newswire has allowed us to gain visibility to wider audiences, we've seen a tremendous pick-up in web traffic to our own site when a release is published, and it's given us greater credibility as a brand.

Newswire review by Elizabeth J.
Elizabeth J.

"Customer support makes the difference"

What do you like best?

The distribution, performance, and platform functionality are all good, but their customer service and editorial support are what set them apart. Their chat feature has a live and helpful rep within a minute to answer questions, even when it's later in the day and we're trying to meet deadlines. They offer great advice for copy and very professional.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike; I'd say performance has been fairly consistent and more dependent upon content itself than the distribution. The Outreach platform is great but could use a few more bells and whistles for filtering and searching for contacts.

We're using Newswire to enhance editorial outreach opportunities in addition to the more obligatory news releases.

Newswire review by User

"Great Wire Distribution Service, Flexible, Easy to Work With"

What do you like best?

Newswire makes it easy to submit and publish press releases. They also have a strong and efficient editorial team that, when needed, can turn things around quickly. In one instance, I had a short-turnaround press release that needed to go out and was pleased that the Newswire team was able to meet the aggressive deadline. Overall, the technology is intuitive, and the support team is easy to work with and responsive.

What do you dislike?

It would be an improvement if the technology allowed for templates, so certain data didn't need to be re-entered. Often the press releases I submit use the same featured image, have the same PR contact, and target the same industries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a cost-effective way to get PR on the wire, Newswire should be on your list.

I work with several small businesses that need a cost effective mechanism to get news out on the wire and in front of their decision makers and other stakeholders. Newswire has been a key component of that strategy. With any release, these companies have seen spikes iin web traffic.

Newswire review by Dani H.
Dani H.

"One of the easiest to use distribution platforms "

What do you like best?

User interface - It's pretty straightforward to sign up and get it working right away, and everything you need is on one panel, compared to some other wire platforms I've used. Analytics, reporting and submission is all there for you.

Customer Service - Super responsive and friendly customer service whenever I had any questions. I usually get a response back within hours.

Flexible Payment Structures - I love how you can sign up via membership plan or pay as you go via credits, it gives startups like us the freedom to be able to send press releases when we want.

What do you dislike?

I guess the fact that you have to 'unlock' to see the other features - it would be nice to at least be able to see the interface and what the extra features can do before being blocked with text saying "please contact sales".

Otherwise not a lot of complaints.

We were tired of being stuck in contracts and paying premium for press releases through the wire. When I found Newswire, I was happy to see that it offered the same distribution platforms for a more competitive price, and with the flexibility that a startup like us wanted.

The bonus functions such as ordering pr writing and editing is also snazzy.

Newswire review by Amalia T.
Amalia T.

"Professional service and quality work."

What do you like best?

The Newswire team is an absolute professional in the field of PR. I use them to handle my whole press campaigns and press releases when I do new product rollouts.

What do you dislike?

They have a lot of options. I don't always have time to utilize everything I'm able to do on the website, but that's more me than anything on Newswire's part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd suggest just skimming through the Newswire website to see what all they offer. Before you decide to really go all in with them call one of the reps and have them explain exactly what they'll do for you. Make sure you know what you want and what sore of results you're after.

Newswire's services takes a whole lot off my shoulders when it comes time for a news announcement for my company. The greatest benefit is not having to worry about these factors myself that would otherwise cost time and resources. I can focus on my product and how it's being received by the customer.

Newswire review by User

"Great experience, saw immediate results!"

What do you like best?

Great customer service, got us setup immediately and made sure our plan fitted our needs perfectly! The review process is great and the experience is tailored every time!

What do you dislike?

We had an issue with our press release which was flagged to have a financial impact with a public company while it was written in a way to not have such impact. Unfortunately, Newswire was unable to negotiate with their suppliers to remove said flag and we could not the news release distributed the way we expected. Wit that said, Newswire really went above and beyond in trying to get the resolution we were hoping for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, it's a great company to work with and they will take the time to understand your needs!

We managed to reach the exact markets we were targeting and saw immediate response from the industry. New sales leads came from the releases within hours of publication.

Newswire review by Agency
Agency

"Our Strategic Partner for Swift, Efficient PR Distribution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, reliable, trustworthy and genuinely effective. Our news used to go into sites with dubious location, traffic and trust levels. Aligning our agency with Newswire makes our clients happy because they see the results: we can give them sound analytics, they can see exactly where their press releases landed, and more importantly, Newswire lets us send out our releases to real journalists and publications. We've had 2-3 news pickups in the past 3 years, and even got an apology from a journalist who wasn't able to cover one of our news! Now, that's a big hit: journalists rarely, if ever, even get back to us. Newswire, however, has given us a traceable ROI in performance and analytics.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any downsides yet after 4 years of using the service both as standalone PR submissions or when we've bought into the packages. I think the pricing for individual PRs with all the bells and whistles is a little high, but the ROI is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great DIY PR tool that lets you do outreach to media reps and generate demand for our clients' work through a reputable bridge: Newswire. It gives our work more credibility by aligning with an established PR brand.

We needed a cost-effective but real solution to distribute our news, and our clients' news. Many PR engines are fluff- press releases go into obscure websites whose traffic no one really knows, and news die. Newswire allows us to curate a list of journalists and publications that might have an interest in carrying our news, giving us a chance to do outreach to them and selling the news. Our press releases have had 23% more traffic and generated more attention since we switched to Newswire after lackluster experiences with 2 other providers. We're sticking to Newswire as our agency's go-to PR distribution engine.

Newswire review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Attentive and Responsive"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Newswire is a very easy company with a great team to communicate with. Even if we aren't always clear on an item or feature - they are great at providing prompt feedback to ensure we're on the same page. It's a breath of fresh air working with their team - they just get us.

What do you dislike?

Turnaround times aren't always as fast as we would like..but they have been much faster than other providers. There have been slight delays in getting things approved but again that seems normal for this kind of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using the live chat option for any of your questions that need immediate assistance. They also seem to available via phone most of the time so that is very helpful.

Right now, we are using Newswire in order to get some more publicity for our products and services. I've realized that without them, we would not be able to get out pr's in a timely fashion.

Newswire review by Sid S.
Sid S.

"Newswire allows for mass outreach"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the service's ease of use and consistent updates on the status of the press release (views, which media outlets have picked it up, etc...). The pricing is also extremely reasonable (though it is a little complicated).

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that many of the basic functionalities I needed for the service added additional cost. The price was still reasonable enough to not dissuade me, but I would prefer it if services such as choosing when the press release is put out were incorporated into the base price for the sake of simplicity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initially a little bit confusing, but the company has great customer service that walks you through the process step by step, so definitely reach out to their team.

We used Newswire to get a PR release out regarding a portfolio company's recent success. It helped increase brand recognition of our company and bring positive publicity.

Newswire review by Emma F.
Emma F.

"Very Happy Customer in the Healthcare Industry"

What do you like best?

We used to pay more for practically the same distribution before we found Newswire. Plus, they have that industry lists that help target the healthcare space for our news. So far, we are happy.

What do you dislike?

We don't have anything bad to say from our experience. We are just waiting for additional responses from media

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before making any purchases, we read the reviews to see how it compares to others. This was no different. We hoped to get the same service that others received and we approve. Our overall experience was god and their support team helped answer my questions when I needed it.

I was able to manage the company's PR by myself. Before, I would have to run it up to my boss and then send it over to legal. It was an all day ordeal. Now, I can just share the draft to my team and get approvals all at once. Managing our PR is simple. plus that newsroom feature is very cool.

Newswire review by Georgia F.
Georgia F.

"Delightful, affordable PR solution for SMBs"

What do you like best?

Newswire has been instrumental in helping us stay within our PR budget. As small business, we needed help in getting our name out to our customers and the PRs have been great in generating new leads for our business. They were very helpful in explaining all of our PR options but we only needed the distribution for now. When we have more funds to expand with their others services, we will give it a go.

What do you dislike?

National distribution was too expensive for us but the distribution we got was good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, definitely talk to someone on their team. They were helpful in explaining what was available and understood that we had certain expectations in mind with our PR. Our expectations have been exceeded. They did make the process easy and were able to answer all of my questions throughout my order.

We feel good that we are able to manage our PR, along with our website content. Newswire makes it easy for us to publish our announcements to many outlets.

Newswire review by Bella S.
Bella S.

"Helped Improve our Brand Awareness"

What do you like best?

How I've been able to create brand awareness across different media outlets. Before finding Newswire I struggled trying to get my brand seen online and off. And we all know without brand exposure in this day and age, you're not likely to be found my customers. So Newswire has made it much easier for me to get my brand out there in the digital world.

What do you dislike?

None so far but I do wish they continue to add more quality sites in their distribution list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Newswire is a great tool for pr & marketing. Used right you can definitely generate more brand awareness for your company. They have some other products too but I can't speak of them yet. But for pr submissions they seem to be the best option.

They've helped me improve my branding problem! I've had to do other things unrelated to PR but without a doubt using their service helped me reach potential customers and spread my brand online. And best of all I was able to track results with their robust analytics.

Newswire review by Stella E.
Stella E.

"Great Options for Expanding Reach"

What do you like best?

The ability to extend reach after submitting my press release to targeted media outlets and even social media influencers. They don't guarantee that our press release would get picked up by an outlet or influencer but the ability to target such contacts and pitch them our story was a big time saver. Previously we had to use a few different tools to the same thing.

What do you dislike?

No issues so far, although there could be a bit more video tutorials and or help guides as the site has many different product offerings it can get confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ability to expand reach for your news story is a huge plus when using their site. not all PR sites offer this so this functionality definitely save me some time.

Being able to submit a press release and within the same site be able to target media outlets and influencers is why I like using them. I've only done one campaign so far but I know I have saved a ton of time and will likely be using them for all of our PRs moving forward.

Newswire review by Scarlett B.
Scarlett B.

"Support is Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

What I liked was the one page PR form where I can quickly submit my press release content. Their team seems to be available around the clock from the few instances I called or chatted with them. So that is what I liked best about Newswire. Easy to use and good support.

What do you dislike?

So far there's nothing I've seen that I didn't like. But they have some other modules that I haven't yet tried.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to using press releases in your marketing then Newswire is like having your own PR firm. The rep I spoke with on the phone, I think Anna was her name, was very knowledgeable and really helped me with an angle on my story that made it newsworthy. She wasn't overly pushy trying to sell me upgrades but rather guided me through the process and made sure I had the best success with my first PR campaign.

I was new to using press releases and using Newswire really helped me with the process. The dashboard was nicely laid out and easy to use. And the guidance on submitting my first pr was extremely valuable.

Newswire review by Naomi S.
Naomi S.

"Great agency"

What do you like best?

We have been customers of Newswire for a while now. Originally, we thought we would "give it a try", and ended up becoming loyal customers. After what we called the testing period, our entire office decided they were the best agency we had trialed, and we have stuck with them ever since. Our agency Smart Crowdfunding works with people who are running crowdfunding campaigns in all areas of crowdfunding, so there are times we are sending out multiple press releases on behalf of our customers. Our customers are always very happy with the Newswire report we provide them, and the sites they are featured in. The upload system is very simple, and easy to use. The customer service at Newswire is also top-notch. They take good care of their customers, and always take care of any issues or problems right away. We are extremely happy with the service we have received.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would add is an auto-save feature. It is frustrating when a computer glitch occurs, and the entire upload has been lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with newswire was exceptional. I felt the platform put me in the eyes of a great audience as well as great customer support.

First, for the price, absolutely nothing can beat it. Everything is right on the front page when you log in and it is incredibly easy to navigate. All the big hitting stories are compiled right there for you!

Newswire review by Administrator

"Great for national businesses not targeted enough for local businesses"

What do you like best?

Newswire is extremely easy to use. I like that I can plan out posts well in advance.

What do you dislike?

The software doesn't allow you to pick where your press release gets saved. We are a locally based company it isn't helpful to us to be picked up in Kansas when we are based in Cleveland.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a business that thrives on local clients. We don't need to be on NBC channel 7 in Kansas because we aren't going to get clients to travel to Cleveland Ohio from Kansas to do financial planning. There is no option to my knowledge to localize press releases so they would actually be beneficial in bringing in new clients

We are using Newswire as a way to get our firm recognized for the awards we have won. Our stories are always picked up by well recognized news outlets.

Newswire review by Administrator in Tobacco
Administrator in Tobacco

"Newswire is a great tool to help get your PR news out to media outlets, it is easy to use."

What do you like best?

I am using newswire strictly for online coverage, and it works great. The platform is easy to use, the review dept is easy to work with and the PR's look very high quality. The price is alos very affordable for the quality of product you are getting.

What do you dislike?

I think the worst part about the platform is that the reporting could be a bit more advanced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The user interface is very easy to use and the reach for press releases is solid. I would recommend them because they seem to be the least expensive with the kind of reach you are looking for when you are looking for a online presence.

We use Newswire as a simple and easy way to get news out that we want to have the public be aware of. This helps us with search, and brand awareness.

Newswire review by Matilda E.
Matilda E.

"True partner who understands your business"

What do you like best?

The proactive outreach to media, deep dive of understanding the business were in which is complicated and the way they bring in press opportunities. These guys have earned our business, and they get us top tier placements when we need it. If feels very turnkey from the perspective that they "get things done". So we're happy to have found them.

What do you dislike?

At this moment, there is nothing I dislike about working with Newswire. I know sometimes it does get busy with all of us who work in the agency world, and there have been a few times where we'd like them to be more responsive but generally speaking that's not an issue.

We are currently in the process of creating a press release campaign and it has been going very well. Newswire has helped in saving us valuable time throughout this entire campaign.

Newswire review by Kimberly C.
Kimberly C.

"Great Product & Consistent Performance"

What do you like best?

I've utilized Newswire to distribute press releases for several years now. The interface is easy to navigate. Payment is easy to set up and process. Loading content for a press release follows a guided format, ensuring you don't miss critical content. I appreciate the ability to add a variety of multi-media files to a press release, and the ability to emphasize a key pull quote. The coverage report that's shared following the distribution of a release is comprehensive and highlights key coverage.

What do you dislike?

The design of the coverage report is very basic. I don't like sharing it with leadership directly because of that. I prefer to pull key points and format it in another document.

We use Newswire to get the word out broadly about our new products and services and any significant updates we have to share with our industry.

Newswire review by Dakota S.
Dakota S.

"Easy to use and support was great!"

What do you like best?

The editorial team was helpful in revising my release. I've submitted a few press releases in the past and they were able to make suggestions to make it read better. The process was easy and I would use them again.

What do you dislike?

The first press release was a little difficult to navigate, but the chat feature was very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every time I use Newswire it gets easier. The chat support was helpful to check up on the status of my order. They have other options that I might use in the future, but the results from the distribution that I get are already great!

I don't have a lot of time in my day to manage the publicity for my company but Newswire makes it easy. Unlike other services, it was pretty quick to get set up and I was able to submit the same day.

Newswire review by Ed K.
Ed K.

"Newswire Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to submit a press release - analytics are also great.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the title (Newswire) overlaps with so many other firms - it's a little difficult to find this specific PR company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Newswire was the product of choice when deciding between PR firms - if you're looking for a cheap way of submitting a press release with a wide audience, Newswire is your best bet.

We have an issue with visibility. Our company isn't well known because it's a startup, so it's great to use Newswire as an easy media outlet.

Newswire review by Consultant

"Had Higher Hopes"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to get the release up and distributed. The interface is easy to use and easy to navigate. Also, pricing was competitive. (I wonder now though if I git what I paid for.)

What do you dislike?

I did not get the results I was hoping for. I paid for a premium release and it was only opened by 28 outlets with 12 clickthroughs. I was really disappointed. I know there is no guarantee for results, that 28 outlets?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expand your list of outlets or broaden your reach to many areas/disciplines, as I feel my release feel flat.

I was hoping to get broader reach using a paid press release distribution service, howeverI feel I could have achieved the same results myself and applied that money to a social media advertising campaign buy.

Newswire review by Eliza B.
Eliza B.

"Best press release "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of planning press releases that this company does. Being able to have a custom web address for your newsroom is amazing The simplicity of the interface is super easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how much info that they need just to help. But other then that I can't think of anything.

At Lizzy's sugar shack Newswire helps me to communicate to my employees about new products, community events and just any business related items that I want my company to know about. Making my company community knowledgeable so we can get out there and share what we do.

Newswire review by Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.

"Newswire is fantastic"

What do you like best?

Interface is very easy to use. Unlike other platforms we have tried, Newswire is easier and feels more updated. The overall process from the start was good and the report was very handy to share with my team.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were additional channels to get my news to bloggers but their media channels provide good coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They were helpful in recommending the right distribution for our campaign. We liked that we are able to target media in certain areas.

We are not a big company but we now realize the benefits of publishing news and information using press releases. We highly recommend companies of all sizes to check them out. They don't just give you a fish they teach you how to fish.

Newswire review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"A simple easy to use news distribution service."

What do you like best?

The price/reach ratio. It is a good value. The editing and publishing platform is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It does not produce improved Alexa rankings which does happen with more expensive services. Maybe there are too many low ranking news syndication sites in the distribution channel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect a simple and affordable distribution channel. The perceived value is what you get. Many different distribution lists to choose from for targeting.

A sImple and inexpensive distribution service in which we can produce more press releases throughout the year.

Newswire review by Corey G.
Corey G.

"Great service with ability to increase brand awareness"

What do you like best?

I'm not a marketing person, but this offering makes it easy to put together a press release and distribute it through legit channels. This has helped with visibility of my brand and also improved SEO.

What do you dislike?

There is still some ambiguity around what publications will pick you up. A lot of times it can be local news stations, which may work depending on the press release, but if you are shooting for big publications, then this is hit and miss. Note that I'm usually on the lowest plan so I also know chances increase if you are on higher plans.

Newswire is helping with brand awareness and organic lead generation. I've seen traffic increase and the residual SEO benefits continue to pay off.

Newswire review by Taylah C.
Taylah C.

"Published to many places as promised!"

What do you like best?

I'm totally new with media relations and I stumbled on Newswire from a Google search. I read as many reviews as possible and figured that it's worth a shot. My article was published in many places.

What do you dislike?

I don't understand all of the options because this is my first time. However, it was easy. They also recommended that I make some edits to the headline which helped clarify our announcement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to their team. I was able to choose the right distribution for my first pr with their help. The results were great and I will use them for my next release.

Now I know how to submit a press release and get it published to Google. I feel confident in using Newswire again.

Newswire review by Administrator

"Press Releases Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Newswire provides an intuitive process for completing a press release that fits my business needs. I am able to order a small press release campaign targeting a single market or I can order a large campaign that covers multiple geographic areas and news outlets. I also like the ability to purchase press releases as needed.

What do you dislike?

Newswire provides an extensive catalog of industries and press contacts to help target my press releases. However, I can't always find the appropriate category for my business.

Newswire provides a way to reach out to local, national, and international media to get information out. This has led to media contacts which resulted in additional press. Additionally, press releases drive new visitors to my website.

Newswire review by Administrator

"Easy and straightforward Press Release distribution"

What do you like best?

Newswire makes it easy and hiccup-free to submit industry news and press releases to the wire. They offer access to tried and true tested avenues and don't actively try to upsell like their competition.

What do you dislike?

There were no downsides to using Newswire, in our case we didn't have excellent traction from our 2nd release through their program, but that is dependent more on content and luck.

Newswire is a resource for us to get meaningful milestones or news out the industry that we feel would be relevant, but also generate some buzz and potentially lead flow. Whether it became a direct source of inbound leads, we were able to use the buzz to create some urgency for our existing pipeline.

Newswire review by Ravikant D.
Ravikant D.

"Overall Great Experience"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I would really like it if you could compile a list of news and stories and export it straight from the website to an excel document or something along those lines.

Simplicity and followup on activating our press release was done within 20 minutes from start to finish - and therefore we knew that it would be a solution for future use again and again.

Newswire review by Krystal C.
Krystal C.

"Great resource for freelance PR consultants "

What do you like best?

As a freelance PR consultant it’s important to keep expenses low when it comes to media outreach tools. Newswire has allowed me to provide solid news distribution for clients at a price that works for the budgets I’m working with.

What do you dislike?

The monthly pricing for media database is out of reach, so I’d appreciate a version that’s half the price each month to make it more affordable for freelance workers.

Newswire helps me provide distribution options for my freelance clients.

Newswire review by Lara C.
Lara C.

"Great PR platform"

What do you like best?

Makes my job a whole lot easier when publishing press release for my clients. We have been working with them for over a year and it's been a good experience.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to really dislike at the moment. But I would like to see more options on media placements. Their outreach is useful but can be a challenge to get picked up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to their team as we were able to get a bulk plan for our account.

We'e paid more in the past for press release distribution but they never had the same reach as Newswire. They have been instrumental in maintaining good placement for my clients and super friendly whenever I have a question.

Newswire review by Agency
Agency

"Powerful Support from Amiable Team! "

What do you like best?

My team and I are particularly impressed with the targeted list design and execution capacility in Newswire.com -- across the array of industries we serve, from Non-Profits to Logistics and Supply Chain Management -- all the right publications and digital media, and good contact info on the right reporters and editors. Quite useful. ALSO the automatic quote feed into LinkedIn!

What do you dislike?

Miss having my own branded formatting, either of my firm or the client -- as it goes out in a less than polished looking Newswire template. I still create them separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make a connection asap - service requires it

Fast information sharing on upcoming events and achievements -- to draw participation, increase membership and/or engagement.

Newswire review by Jeff H.
Jeff H.

"We recomend Newswire to all of our clients! Great service and great results! "

What do you like best?

Newswire is easy to use, it makes sense and they have been extremely helpful. I really like that on top of my PR distribution I can send an email to additional media sources. Its great that we can select our local channels and push a little outside of our target areas or way outside if we like. Jon has been especially helpful in walking us through the different aspects of Newswire.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not found anything I dislike about Newswire yet. We have done about 7 Press Releases through them and so far everything has been great! I think they do a great job of staying on top of the competition, they utilize the right technology and have great support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to work with the Newswire team so they can outline all of the features they offer. We definitely learned a lot about their system quickly by working with Jon.

We are helping our clients to be recognized in their local and national markets, We are increasing SEO rankings and we are building relationships with the best media outlets for our clients.

Newswire review by Kirklan M.
Kirklan M.

"Straightforward Release Platform"

What do you like best?

System is straightforward, easy to use, and easy to target to the relevant industry and demographics.

What do you dislike?

Haven't had anything significant issues to dislike as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are currently utilizing one or more competing solutions, at least give Newswire a chance - it may be exactly what you didn't know you were missing.

We have transitioned from using a bevy of different wire platforms for news releases to consistently using Newswire as our go-to platform.

Newswire review by User

"Great for extending the reach of your company news"

What do you like best?

After signing up, Newswire is easy to use. I appreciate that there's a review process coming from Newswire to make sure that my press release is formatted correctly and is accurate. I also like that I'm able to schedule my press release for distribution later the same day or anytime in the future. But the best part is probably the speed with which the press release is distributed. If I submit a press release for distribution in 10 or 15 minutes from now, it's reviewed and published on time. It's hard to complain when a service is able to have a quick turnaround so that my press release can be spread so quickly.

What do you dislike?

Knowing exactly what I need to be paying with Newswire is a little complicated, so I always pay for a slightly higher tier just to make sure that I'm not missing anything. I would also prefer to buy a package of 10 or even 20 press releases to get a bulk discount, but it seems that amount is too small to qualify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on which system you'd like to use best. Newswire is best for my company based on where I want press releases to be distributed. But I did look into PR Newswire (Cision) and a few others before landing on Newswire. It's all about choosing what works best for you.

It's difficult for a mechanical services company to find a good way to share news about the company because this type of business doesn't exactly lend itself to a large public followership. By leveraging Newswire, we are able to distribute our news to a large network and provide legitimacy to our updates by having them spread from a recognizable source.

Newswire review by Michelle "Mitchie" C.
Michelle "Mitchie" C.

"Press Release this..."

What do you like best?

Very easy navigation and friendly press release format

What do you dislike?

What everyone dislikes, paying for premium features

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you struggle with formatting press releases, Newswire is quite easy to navigate. Their customer service and sales are top notch. I've never had any challenges with communicating my needs with either.

Newswire has an effective way to spread the news in a short amount of time. Distribution is quite fast. Although, our first PR was far more successful than our last two. I think it may be a timing factor, and not so much on content. We've hit top news feeds for major networks more often than not. And those agencies have contacted us for follow up, which was unheard of with other products we used for Press Releases. Overall, you can't beat the price. And if you should encounter challenges the sales staff is stellar and prompt. In today's market it's difficult to find humans that still want to be human and talk to you personally. This company goes above that. I highly recommend Newswire whenever possible. Features are great, you can upload pics, videos, links, etc.

Newswire review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Completely acceptable, but each bell or whistle is priced"

What do you like best?

It functioned as needed. I got my release out in a reasonable amount of time and it looked fine. The formatting was helpful, but a bit restrictive. I would rather have had it so that I had choices on the formatting.

What do you dislike?

The a la carte manner of the site made it feel that I was nickled and dimed for every potential addition. I would have preferred a choice of package. I thought that it was tiring that I had to hit multiple screens, I thought that the interface could have been more user friendly. The approval process was a bit tedious. In one of the releases that we sent, it took almost a day to be able to get the release out the door. A simple algorithm that did key word searches could have told you that there was nothing controversial or problematic with my release. It caused a lot of head ache with our boss when it did not go out on the data specified because there was an embargo with several journalists around the content and they put out their stories before the release hit the wires. It was a very bad day indeed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't give it to someone who can't work well with IT interfaces. It's not an intuitive site and might be too difficult. Also - be sure to have the time frame built in for the approval. For someone used to having a specific time frame to put out their release, this can be a problem.

It was a requirement of our project contract to put out several press releases. The site was a reasonable interface. Aside from checking the box and getting very blunt analytics, we solved very few problems with Newswire.

Newswire review by User

"Great Support, Easy to Use, Great Reach"

What do you like best?

The customer service and ease of use of their platform is fantastic. It was very easy to use, their pricing was very easy to understand, and they were very helpful in making sure that as a company we had the right help we needed. When I first used them I called us to get further details and insight into how their platform works. They took the time to walk through all of their pricing, discussed what we were trying to accomplish and then gave us recommendations on what level we should pay for. I also really liked the fact that they have an entire team of editors that are dedicated to proofreading and double-checking content. This is a great bonus that they have because it ensures that another impartial set of eyes have looked over whatever document is being deployed to ensure that it is the best quality that it can be.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I have discovered with Newswire that I dislike. Their pricing is very clear and easy to understand. They quickly got into contact with me when I expressed to them that I needed help with some of their platform, and they immediately and professionally addressed all of those concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Newswire team is great. They seem to really know their stuff, and if someone is unable to answer a question, they get you in contact with someone who can be more thorough in answering. They are also a cheaper alternative to PR Newswire. I feel their service is better, and through Newswire you can get access to the channels PR Newswire has. Overall, I really liked their attitude and approach at the company and feel that I would recommend their services to anyone needing a way to quickly and easily distribute content.

We use Newswire to send out press releases and relevant news-worthy content to a mass variety of channels. I feel that the different levels of access they provide are great and they take the time to explain these different levels. With their insight and walkthrough, I felt like I was really making the best choice for the company both financially and outreach-wise. The benefits are certainly that we have a much wider reach with Newswire. We also really enjoy the capability to use their dashboard for analytics and see our reach.

Newswire review by Wes M.
Wes M.

"Simple and Straightforward tool, helped us secure a lot of pickups"

What do you like best?

The tool was straightforward and helped us get a lot of pickups across the web while also generating a handful of do-follow links and solid reporting too.

What do you dislike?

I like their Newsroom feature, but you have to have a higher level of paid membership to access it than what my company needed. Would have been great if that was included for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your needs and volume of press releases, but if you do a lot, this would be a good tool.

We used Newswire to submit press releases across multiple networks at once. We generated a lot of impressions and links from the release while also saving money compared to other platforms.

Newswire review by User

"Reputable site, lots of options"

What do you like best?

Newswire is a great value- they offer a self service portal with a lot of options for reaching various market segments, all at a good price. There are a lot of resources to guide your campaign along too so if you're a novice; it's easy to get on your way quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think it'd be nice to offer a low-cost, professional service to help maximize the use of the provided reports for, ultimately, improving future campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely connect with an account manager to get you started!

Raising awareness of brand and product offerings. Publishing with Newswire helps us build a positive reputation with both our business partners and clients.

Learn more about Newswire

Newswire Videos

Learning about Newswire?

* We monitor all Newswire reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Take a short survey to find the exact distribution plan for your campaign goals