Google Hangouts Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Hangouts?

Video meetings for your business. Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can meet face to face without the added cost of travel.

Google Hangouts Screenshots

Google Hangouts Profile Details

Google Hangouts Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

Android Development Fellowship
Education Management
Most Recent Google Hangouts Video Review
Ingeniero Mecánico

""Google Hangouts communication mechanism quite attractive and dynamic based on the cloud" "

What do you like best?

I really like each one of the elements offered by Google Hangouts, it is a very efficient and collaborative tool to carry an effective communication in our work environment.

The good thing about Google Hangouts is that it is a totally free tool based on the cloud for the G-Suite package, with a nice appearance and design with excellent technical support and a very good user interface.

Google Hangouts instant messaging saves time in writing emails, I can more easily synchronize all my contacts in my Gmail email and be able to select them quickly to start any chat for personal conversations, request information with the rest of the work team or even friends.

One of the most solid features that Google Hangouts has are video calls, really excellent function to carry out any long-distance meeting, the functionality of this tool allows to connect several staff in real time with optimal screen resolution and audios amazing It has many advantages because no matter the distance with only an internet connection, I can stay connected with colleagues and friends.

Voice calls with Google Hangouts favors since I do not need the use of my mobile phone, with ease and from my computer I can communicate with the same efficiency as the phone.

Hangouts connects me with the work team in a quick and easy way for the exchange of information in real time with exclusively making a clip.

What do you dislike?

Google Hangouts is an excellent tool I think there are few problems that can be found, maybe the login could be a bit slow at times and another you need to maintain an internet connection fast enough to get the maximum benefit, since otherwise the resolution of the screens and audios of the video calls would be chaotic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not waste more time! If you are looking for a tool that facilitates communication, you came to the ideal tool, Google Hangouts has all the functions to carry out that effective communication so dreamed. ATREVETE, it will be worth it.

Its usefulness is excellent, frankly Google Hangouts allows for excellent remote communication with the team working directly from the cloud, and keeping me closer to the clients. We save money, improving the response times of the work department, we achieve better interaction and gear, all under the same tool for excellent communication.

GM
(10,001+ employees)

"Chat with Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is ideal for people to chat that are using a mobile device as well as using a computer. You can be logged into both devices and see the messages at the same time. You can chat with a solo person or you can add a group of people to the chat and send videos/pictures/messages to one another.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the notification system on mobile. I wish there was a way to make vibrate only be an option, not having it ring if my ringer is on. I can mute it all and not get any from a certain person or chat, but sometimes I would prefer vibrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Communicate easily with coworkers or friends! A great alternative if you don't have text messaging or you do not like texting.

It allows me to communicate with work and family at the same time. I can share files through google hangouts to coworkers while also sharing pictures of my baby to my entire family. It does well when messaging multiple people or when I just want to message a single person.

Mr Kemboi
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Google hangouts has a lot of nice features for chatting and conferencing as compared to other application like whatsup. I like the floating button for next conversation and video call. I like the archive feature which enables me to archived chats for future reference especially when solving problems which normally recur from our clients, this makes my work easier since I can retrieve the messages and forward to my clients.I also like the feature for inviting new friends to join me in google hang outs.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about google hang outs is that it does not have any security feature. This can allow people to access your private chats hence posing me at risk.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I Recommend google hang outs to my friends since since it is easier to use as compared to most chatting applications.

I use google hang outs to solve problem from our clients by sending them chats involving the procedure of how to solve problems they have encountered. Sometimes I use the video to show detailed procedure that cannot be addressed by messages feature.Google Hangouts has been of beneficiary to me since it enables me to solve problem almost instantly hence creating a good feedback from our clients.

Employeer

"service for calls, good and simple hangouts!"

What do you like best?

is by default one of the services that google offers us to make distance and international calls, we can recharge balance to get a virtual phone number or we can use it for free to make instant messages or calls to numbers in the United States.

What do you dislike?

when using the application is sometimes bugeada, does not load completely and freezes, is a point against but this is easily solved by reopening the browser from where you are using.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

simple and simply explained, is a free service that everyone can access, can help you at the business level as it allows communication between all employees who do not have a phone number or cell phone.

I'm starting to use it every day because it allows me to send messages and call family / friends remotely, I use it for free and has worked very well, I have no complaints about it, has a simple interface and quick to understand.

Teacher

"Google Hangout"

What do you like best?

Google has created some really solid products, but Google Hangouts is one of my favorites. It allows me to keep in touch with single people, or groups very easily. We can easily send texts, pictures, videos, and much more through Hangouts.

What do you dislike?

The file size is very limited with google Hangouts. It is almost as if you want to send a high quality picture, you need to email or upload it to google Drive instead. I also wish that google hangouts would change the background color of the chats/colors of the individual chatting so its easier to tell which people are chatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to any other teacher thats school has a limited budget. It allows you to communicate with each other and gives a way for students to have conversations to ask questions to their teacher.

Google Hangouts easily allows me to connect with others very promptly. It has saved multiple hours of my life. It is also a lot easier because I can swap between my phone and my computer very quickly and the messages are in both places, instead of a text, which would just be located on my phone.

Ingeniero en Sistemas

""Impressive features of Communication and video calls with Google hangouts" "

What do you like best?

I really like this tool to carry an effective communication within the work processes of the organization.

Google Hangouts is a tool based on the G-Suite that offers excellent instant messaging services, video calls and voice calls totally free with only having a Gmail account.

We have implemented the functions of video calls to hold meetings with up to 9 people at the same time, which favors us in that we are not all in the same place physically, its excellent image quality, like the audio in real time to be able to Keep working on the fly and from anywhere.

I can synchronize all my contacts in my Gmail account so I can send instant messaging without the need to write an email, Google Hangouts allows you to keep communication effective, fast and in real time always available as long as you have an Internet connection.

All my messages and contacts are available in the Gmail main tray in my lower part so I do not need to download any application to get all the benefits of this tool.

The voice calls are really amazing, I can honestly communicate with anyone without having to neglect my work site, the functionality of this feature is excellent, the audio with the necessary clarity to carry out any communication.

It integrates excellent with my cell phone and the Android system, I can synchronize it to take my conversations to the site that directs me.

Screen exchange is an excellent function for remote jobs, I can carry out any work without the need to move from one place to another.

Personally Gmail and Google Hanoguts have been the solution for conversations and communications within the organization, thus managing to keep us all under the same command and communication line.

What do you dislike?

I can not find any inconvenience in which to add to this tool, on the contrary, I have great utility with excellent collaboration functions to carry out an effective communication.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended

Improvements in communication

Improvements in the times of transfers from one site to another.

Reduction of operating costs.

Remote communication with up to 9 people at the same time in real time.

Effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.

Rapid exchange of information between work departments.

Direct contacts with potential customers of the organization.

Excellent integration with the G-Suite.

Ingeniero de proyecto

""Google Hangouts effective communication collaborative software designed for any work environment" "

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts is an excellent communication tool that we have implemented in our work environment, it has become the favorite tool to create instant chat within the work department, this with the purpose of not writing an email to request some information, since the features of this excellent tool allow you to only chat with the email address and request information instantly.

Google Hangouts is a tool with excellent presentation aspects very easy to use, with an excellent user interface. Being a tool the G-Suite provide excellent features to meet any need of the organization.

Your offered options of video calls has also been a fundamental support for work meetings, since we no longer need to be physically all in the same office, with Google Hangouts we can hold work meetings from different locations and with the same productivity, the best of everything is its resolution of screens and the audio quality allowing to have an excellent experience in our work meetings. We have been able to group around 12 people in meetings with this tool and without slowing down the software we have obtained fruitful results.

The voice conversations are also very useful because from my computer I can give the desired use to this tool without having to move from my work site. It really is worth implementing Google Hangouts.

It should be noted the versatility of this tool, it is incredible all the benefits provided by simply having a free google account. Your contributions have been able to link a little more closely with the customers of the organization and manage more efficiently the communication processes in the different departments.

Google Hangouts makes our communications more fluid and work easier.

What do you dislike?

I can not find any negative feature in this tool, personally satisfied with what was contributed by Google Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honorably recommended. Solid software for effective communication.

Google Hangouts is able to integrate more as an organization and carry an effective communication, because each of its characteristics allow us to improve our management of administrative work, management of the time of commercialization of the products and services offered, saving time and money in transfers from one site to another, communication 24 hours a day. It really is an excellent collaboration tool. Excellent benefits totally free.

Applications Support Supervisor
(10,001+ employees)

"Google Hangouts makes communication much easier"

What do you like best?

Syncs with your Gmail address.

Has an app to use on mobile and communicate efficiently and faster.

Video chat is available too.

The chat history is always there so we can look up old chats and refer.

Useful for everyone with Gmail account.

Google Hangouts is very easy to use. Very user friendly.

It syncs with our existing Google-based email system, so our contacts are in hand right from the beginning.

The app and the desktop version are both easy to use and work effectively and efficiently.

Works very good in smartphones, especially in Android phones.

It is a fast app.

You can use Hangouts both in the desktop version but also in the one integrated in gmail, so I find it's a discreet way of communicate with colleagues.

It's free!!

Works very well for video calls for groups, as calendar events generate a link for joining a chatroom, that's very easy to share.

What do you dislike?

Group chat

Topic conversation

Search for some message

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good at reaching individuals outside its ecosystem

Good audio and video quality

Nice to have a text solution mingled in with it

Casual chatting

Promoting conversation between teammates

Images, gifs and emojis.

Coordinador de Proyecto

"Google Hangouts facilitating communication in my work environment. "

What do you like best?

It really is an amazing tool to handle internal communication in an excellent way, because the features offered by Google Hangouts are able to carry a communication without the need to move from the workplace.

The videos called personally have been an effective solution for our work processes, basically we can make meetings in lines several people without having to be all in the same office, this allows working from anywhere or the comfort of the home to give answers and solutions to the works.

Instant messaging has been very useful to manage work times, I can synchronize my Gmail contacts and send immediate messages for the request of any information. The advantage of this tool that is always visible in the bottom of the Gmail inbox.

I do not need my cell phone to make voice calls, Google Hangouts offers this service with an exceptional clarity in the audios.

I can call any contact in my Google account.

It is a totally free tool of the G-Suite Gmail with excellent functionality. It has an excellent technical support and a very nice aspect when using it.

Your mobile application works excellently, but with Android operating system.

This tool has allowed us to work in groups and exchange ideas to give solutions to the work.

What do you dislike?

It requires a connection to the Internet very solid to get the most out of Google Hangouts, otherwise the video calls would be a frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended. It is very efficient and productive. The benefits are quantifiable. It really is worth implementing.

Google Hangouts has allowed us to improve productivity and work performance, because in real time each of the team can manage the information, in addition to saving time and transfers from one site to another, because easily from any location we can Make meetings remotely. It is very useful and alternatives for small and large organizations.

Inspector Seguridad Industrial

""Google Hangouts effective communications based on the cloud with great efficiency" "

What do you like best?

Efficient tool that offers excellent internal communication features within our team. Google Hangouts allows us to carry a communication in real time in a very productive way.

With Google Hangouts I no longer need to write an email to request some work information, since its features allow me to send direct messaging for the exchange of information with just the email address.

It is a very easy to use tool being one of the work tools offered by Google, it is based on the cloud and by just logging into Gmail you can keep it always visible in the inbox to always know when you have a new message.

The ease of holding long distance meetings with the video call options offered by this software has really been of great support in our work processes, and it is no longer necessary for all the work team to be in the office to discuss work issues, since the implementation of Google Hangouts has really been very easy to make meetings from this tool, we can all log in and connect to each other, one of the advantages of its excellent video resolution is optimal enough, likewise a excellent real-time audio to carry out an effective conversation.

Similarly, voice calls are also very useful, we can actually make calls directly from hangouts without using my cell phone.

It is a very good tool for the solution of communications within the work teams, in my case we create groups and we always manage a communication in real time, allowing us to give faster responses to work requests.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have negative comments to Google Hangouts, I am satisfied because I have achieved what Google offers, an effective communication with the rest of the work team, personally I think the solution for the communication of recent times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended insistently for any work organization that wants effectiveness in the communicative processes

Now nothing is overlooked, because Google Hagouts allows us to provide information in real time for the entire team, meet remotely from any location, send direct messaging from the computer without leaving the job are some of the benefits From the implementation of this tool, we have really achieved excellent productivity and efficiency throughout the work department, Google Hangouts is heading in the right direction, really grateful.

Executive Content Writer

"Hangouts Made Life Easy"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts have made it easy for me to stay connected with my colleagues even when I am traveling to remote locations. It becomes easy to share information with one click and I get to work smoothly across multiple teams.

The chat history stays in the group even if we have added a new member, therefore, we do not need to explain the entire process to new joiners. The context is preserved and image sharing makes it easy to explain a process through screenshots when the team members are sitting poles apart.

What do you dislike?

No chat backup is available. One cannot import chat history. And, grammar. It does not support Grammarly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the ease of use, quality features, and smooth operation from the mobile application, Google hangouts will make it easy for you to stay connected to your professional universe. It is easily integrated with Gmail to give users the experience that makes their life a living heaven. And, you will not have to miss the important information while you are attending some important event in a distant location.

Its like, you are just google hangouts away from your team.

There are many:

1. I can work from remote locations.

2. Information can be shared easily across groups.

3. Video chat is the added benefit.

4. Chat history is always there.

Software Engineer

"Very good Software for chatting and business management"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hangouts is that it allows you to be connected at all times with your work team without paying additional rates to telephone companies, except the internet. Because it is obvious to say that you will need to be connected to be able to use it. In addition to video conferencing, it also offers the possibility of communication through written messages and the option to add files to share. It is also free.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that for it to go well, it needs a good bandwidth. There is no possibility at the moment of 4k in the resolution of the videoconferences. If you do not have a Gmail account or Google for Work (G Suite), you will not be able to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The well-known tool, everyone has a Gmail account, so you can communicate with whoever you want, your own company, or outside of it, and make videoconferences or chats with file sharing quickly and efficiently. Totally free.

We use it as a means of internal communication in the company, especially the option of written chat and file sharing. And since we have also sometimes needed to show breakdowns or situations from one place to another physically away, the option of being able to teach it to our partner via videoconference has been useful. The desktop sharing option has also been helpful on numerous occasions, showing a client how to perform a certain option on the desktop of their operating system.

Analista de gestión

""Google Hangouts practical solution for group communications from different locations" "

What do you like best?

Fascinated by the features offered by Google Hangouts, it has probably been the tool that has allowed us to solve all communication problems within our team in recent times.

We use it every day of our lives as an option for chat from the computer and cell phones, thanks to this tool it is not necessary that we neglect our work to communicate, it is simply available in our Gmail inbox visible at all times when we have some new message

It is a totally free tool with just log in with my Google account I can from the comfort of my office connect with the outside world.

Its video calling feature has been one of the alternatives used in the organization to hold meetings in different geographical locations, this allows connecting numerous colleagues to touch points derived from the productivity of the organization, its video quality is optimal as well as the quality of voice and sounds that allows us to work in real time in an excellent way.

Similarly the voice calls is also one of very important features to be able to engage in conversations with customers.

It is a working software with excellent collaborative features, excellent user interface very nice.

What do you dislike?

I have a very positive experience regarding the functioning of this versatile tool, it is difficult to add any negative comments regarding this tool. This has allowed us to maintain effective communication from anywhere without neglecting our administrative work processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% effective this work tool, highly recommended for any work group.

Google Hangouts offers excellent features for long-distance communication in a workgroup. This has allowed us to improve the response times of any job application, we can easily make a video call for decision making and give timely responses to work activities.

Saving money in having to move from one place to another, Google Haogouts allows us to work from the comfort of home.

Effective communication within all departments of work.

Business innovation in our work group.

Especialista en Sistemas de Gestión (Calidad, Seguridad y Ambiente)

""Long distance meetings and effective communication options with Google Hangouts" "

What do you like best?

Excellent work tool that provides features for the management of information and communication within the department of work, Google Hangouts has been the tool we have implemented to avoid the writing of emails in conversations within the department.

Its characteristics allow us to communicate internally from the computer without having to leave the workplace.

It is a complement of Google, which is a totally free tool with excellent features and technical support. It is very easy to have access to it since it is located in the lower right corner of my Gmail inbox.

One of its excellent features is the simple way to make video calls and connect with a teammate who may not be physically present, the screen resolution is exceptional, the sound quality impressive and everything located in our Google account. Thanks to this tool we have been able to hold meetings with clients, managers and colleagues, regardless of the location of each one of us.

Instant messaging is also an excellent communication alternative in our organization, I do not need to close my work or take a short pause to send a message, I can simply search for a contact from my Gmail and write the desired message directly.

Telephone calls have also been of vital importance for decision-making in our organization, the usefulness of this tool allows us to avoid the use of the cell phone at the time of being in the work schedule and carrying likewise an impeccable communication as if I was using my cell phone, I prefer to use Hangouts for battery saving on my cell phone.

This tool has allowed me to work more calmly and keep me always informed of the work processes of the organization, even when I am out of the office I am synchronized with Hangouts from my Android device to keep connected with my team.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative to add about Google Hangouts, unquestionably being a totally free tool has allowed to bring a perfect communication within the department of work. Merits for Google Hangouts

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% recommended.

Google Hangouts has been an innovative tool for our work processes in the organization, basically we can be communicated every day regardless of the location of any team member, simply having only a stable internet connection we can make any decision saving time and money to move all to the office, our clients are satisfied to be able to respond promptly to all their requests and in such case we have managed to improve the efficiency and productivity in our business processes.

Professional Freelance Writer

"Enjoy a User Friendly Software Experience"

What do you like best?

The best aspect of hangouts is the ability to create groups and add multiple people in it. This provides good connectivity with people across the globe. Also, it enables the other person to check if the person is online or not. It helps in sharing files, images, videos instantly in a chat. The best thing is that there is a provision to know who all have read your messages, as the pop-up with a photo of person shows in the side. Hangout also allows to make audio calls, provided the person is in your contacts. It enables, to add multiple persons in a group meeting or call.

What do you dislike?

Video conferencing is not supported well by Hangouts, like on Skype. Also, there is a prerequisite in hangouts that you must have a Google + account. Also, there cannot be more than 10 participants in a hangout meeting. This is not very favourable for large scale business owners.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please sign in to google hangouts to have an enjoyable chat session.

I have used Hangouts in my projects. The best feature is the instant sharing in case of groups and also privately. In cases of hectic project schedules, we make sure the updates are given as files or screenshots. Hangouts are very friendly in this way. So, I was able to save time by sharing my update with many people and produce desirable output.

Development Assistant
Performing Arts

"Great Chat Option for Gmail"

What do you like best?

I love that within your Gmail, you can easily chat your coworkers. Whether it be questions on a project that you and a team mate are working on together or you just want to have a conversation with your office mate, g-Hangouts is a great option for you. It's also helpful to communicate if your organization doesn't have Slack or use any of the other chat services. G-Hangouts it's completely free and there's an app so you can take your conversations on the go as well! It's also very easy to have chats with your friends that work at other organizations that use gmail, during work hours. I do have a friend group chat and we're able to easily converse while getting our work done. This in turn lowers our likelihood at looking at our phones during work.

What do you dislike?

The emojis need to be updated. Besides using it as a chat, there really isn't much to it. Sending photos is a bit wonky and can definitely be fixed (in terms of viewing the photo, how the photo gets sent). The options are very limited for customization for g-hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it if you use gmail!!

I use it to talk to my co-workers without having to shout out loud in our office. Since my office is an open space, I hate having to always get up from my chair to ask a question. Especially if a coworker is on a different floor and it's hard to leave my current work flow.

Ejecutivo de negocios

""Google Hangouts the best alternative for effective communication in the work team" "

What do you like best?

Hangouts is an excellent alternative for communication within our team, I love being able to use this software and get to communicate quickly and effectively without neglecting my work activities.

This tool allows us to send direct messages to contacts in Google, the good thing about all this is that with my open inbox I can always be careful when I have a new message from my team.

Our nature of work is quite dynamic, which sometimes we have to be moving from one site to another, another of the advantages we have acquired with this tool, is videoconferencing, easily from anywhere we can start a videoconference to report on any activity of relevance with managers or other employees of the organization. The use of this tool has been considerable, the quality of audio quite good and that of the excellent video, the resolution and sharpness has been a phenomenal experience.

This tool has been an alternative in our work, we have chosen to communicate with Hangouts to simply not neglect the work with mobile teams, instant messaging, high-resolution videoconferencing, calls automatically and with the possibility of programming them within the calendar of the group, basically perfect.

There are innumerable benefits of Google Hangouts, the best of all is its accessibility, only with a gmail account you can get all the benefits provided, as well as its operation is quite solid.

It has become an essential tool in our communication processes, the indicators indicate that everything is going smoothly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything relevant to append, it is essential to connect the internet quite solidly to achieve the maximum benefits of Google Hangouts. But otherwise excellent tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% RECOMMENDED.

Our communication within the departments of the organization has been progressively improving since we implemented the continuous use of Hangouts, this tool allows us to save time and money in moving from one place to another to give a timely response to our work processes, immediately we can connect with the video calls to open a debate in real time and give a solution or make a decision with the rest of the team.

Another advantage of this tool is that we do not need to pick up a phone every moment, with Google we do not neglect our work since all the features are visible in the main screen of Gmail. Personally, it is one of the best Google add-ons.

Student Advisor

"Google Hangouts is a quick and easy way to interact with team members and fellow employees"

What do you like best?

The hangouts tool allows me to interact with my fellow co-workers. I can see who is online and what their active status is. I am able to view previous conversations with individuals and archive the conversations as well. I use it the same way that I would use instant messenger. I am able to send screenshots and moving pictures (gifs) as well. It allows me to personalize my status with my favorite quote and photo as well.

What do you dislike?

When I hover over any one's icon, I am able to see their email address. I wish I was able to click on that email address so that I could copy and paste it, or better yet, click on it to initiate an actual email to that individual.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it once and you will be hooked.

It is the quickest way to get in touch internally without using the phone. I am able to speak on the phone and have a conversation with someone else. No delay, no lag time.

SR MSP REcruiter

"Hangout"

What do you like best?

The best thing i liked the most in google hangout is this is a app where we can communicate with the users in and around us with out an interruption. As this is a application which includes in the Google mail where we dont need to register separately as we can directly login using out gmail.

Personally i am using it and as well official purpose and the the best app for communicating with other users.

What do you dislike?

One thing i did not like in this is we cant delete the message which we write in as there are some other application where we can remove the conversation or we can edit it. If this is improved it would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend to use Google Hangouts as this is the best application for the internal and external communication.

business problem i solved are no need to opt for other software for chatting or sharing a simple information in the office.

Analista de Sistemas

""Google Hangouts excellent innovative and efficient communication tool for my team.""

What do you like best?

I love this tool because it helps us to communicate internally in our team, the facility that gives us this tool to handle confidential information with customers and other employees of the organization is very fruitful as it helps us improve performance and delivery time of each of the administrative jobs.

It is a free application from Google, which is very convenient to use at all times, providing excellent features of video calls and instant messaging.

Personally within our organization is prohibited the use of cell phones when we are in activities, Google Hangoust allows us to communicate effectively is that our boss is aware of any.

Another benefit obtained with this tool is that it allows us to solve faults in the system depending on the magnitude of the damage to the clients of our organization, we can simply be contacted through video calls with the IT staff and without any doubt We can solve the problem quickly and without having to move from one place to another, saving time and money in work operations.

Added to that we can make meetings quickly with this application, Hangouts meets the capabilities achieved by making innovations in communication in the cloud, and can share screen without closing the Gmail window. Without a doubt a great collaborative tool.

What do you dislike?

Personally I use this tool on a daily basis and until now I have not had any significant problems with Hangouts, so I have nothing negative to add to this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% recommended, excellent tool for effective communication.

Without a doubt that this tool has allowed us to have a more effective communication within our department and with our clients, we can easily send a message or connect by video call to solve any work topic.

It is an excellent tool with very good features and best of all it is totally free, you just need to have a Google account to get all the benefits in conversation with Hangouts.

Senior Technical Operations Executive
(10,001+ employees)

"Hangouts - Brings life to conversation"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the funny emoji's that gives life to the conversation. We can connect to anyone and can have healthy conversation as well as the video calls, voice chats etc. In hangouts we can create groups where we add our friends and can have a group chat by sharing pictures and by sending funny emoji's. Voice and video call clarity awesome.

What do you dislike?

Most disliking thing is that if the person is behaving weird then we don't have an option to kick them out of video chatting instead they can be only reported. Also the one thing that I would to highlight that the volume during the call is low compared to other means(Skype)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this if you would really like to have a friendly conversation with your friends or colleagues while checking your gmail accordingly.n

I never used it during business aspects but yes i did used it while communicating with the corporate people of different organisations while searching for jobs. I did had a simple and quick communication with them. Yes we do can have the live streaming and can record video meetings which also helped me to build my career.

Head Server
Restaurants

"Not good for conference"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a free video chat interface that most people have access to since most people have a google account. It is very easily accessible, no need to download anything, and it is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

When you add more than two people to the chat, someone's sound will get cut off from one end. Also, there are not really many built-in benefits that help a business meeting, it is just a basic video chat. Also, it sometimes adds an extra icon as if one of the members of your conference is in there twice. It has a good deal of glitches. It is nothing special but it gets the job done, after taking up a good deal of your meeting configuring why someone has no sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a backup option in case it glitches.

It has helped our team to connect when not everyone is able to be present. As I had said previously there are some glitches which make it difficult to use, so I will be searching for another platform.

University of West Georgia student/Administrative Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"FREE VIOP! FREE VIOP! FREE VIOP! "

What do you like best?

What I like the best about this platform is that Google lets it's users with an email account automatically utilize this service!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the intermittent connectivity issues the other issue that I have with this service is that if you don't use Google Chrome at times it can get messy and disconnect with some users reporting that disconnects after 10 to. 30seconds can you imagine calling someone important using your google voice account and then as you give them some kind of bad news the service disconnects and then has an issue reconnecting.... I would suppose this is because Google doesn't seem keen to allow it's digital software to share it's self with other browsers, and if you're on a Mac happy downloading the plugins if you use safari and any other browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend you use Chrome, Google's internet browser because it offers the easiest way to get things set up other than that you're kinda stuck with intermittent drops between connectivity when video chatting and using their VIOP service.

Good Hangouts provides real-time solutions to communication, just as the instant messenger in Gmail is able to but this time with anyone, and it includes video chatting for other users as well. It's a lot more useful and versatile than Skype and doesn't require the downloading of a particular program or the utilization of a particular browser!

BUSINESS DEVELOPEMENT EXECUTIVE

"delighted by using hangouts"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of communication with Google Hangouts. Google Hangouts gives you quick access to chat with or place video calls with individuals or groups across platforms. The interface is easy to navigate, and the app performs well.

What do you dislike?

Unlike Hangouts on the Web, the mobile app doesn't display status messages or show you who is currently online.I would like it if the app allowed you to add contacts to your phone book from it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use Google Hangouts in and out of my business. Our business phone number is a Google voice number so therefore all communication for that number goes through google hangouts. I like that there is an app for the computer and the phone so you don't have to do everything from the phone. I like that multiple people can use it at the same time. It's really easy to use. There is also great video and audio conferencing capabilities. I prefer to use GH over Skype or any other platform.

We can communicate easily without any problems where anyone is located whether it be on a computer or a phone or a tablet. we use it for work. Love being able to chat with multiple people at the same time. Enables me to multitask and get answers that I need quickly. A detailed email is not always necessary when you have a quick question or statement. This makes it really easy to respond and get a response.

Team Leader

"Connect your loved ones and business contacts with Hangouts , the Google best product!!"

What do you like best?

Our company uses Google Hangouts, it is a way to group all of a person’s social, business, and conference calls all under one application. Google Hangouts accounts are used to sign in, we can start chatting in browsers, there are never ending conversations, the data can be accessed from Google Drive, and any YouTube videos can be shared in group video chats. That is the best part of this application.

Secondly, We do not need to use separate apps to use Hangouts. We just need to sign in to gmail and we will get all notifications about Google Hangouts as well. That is also the best part.

What do you dislike?

1. Volume is low comparatively to skype

2. The application only works on any software that can hold a WI-FI signal.

3. Connectivity interrupts very frequently but reconnect automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As I said earlier, Google Hangouts accounts are used to sign in, people can start chatting in

browsers, there are never ending conversations, the data can be accessed from

Google Drive, and any YouTube videos can be shared in group video chats. so everything is accessible in one place on login to google account. I will recommend this to use as it is a freeware from google.

1. To share behind the scene stories with their customers.

2. Conduct live interviews and share them with others in a very cost effective way.

3. Screen sharing and file sharing.

4. Give Client Demos.

5. Business Consultation

Virtual Assistant
Executive Office
(Myself Only)

"Google Hangouts When The Gang Is Out"

What do you like best?

Google Hangouts allows you to connect with groups, individuals and even have online work interviews and meetings. You can use messenger, video chat and phone calls.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I do dislike about Google Hangouts is there are many scammers in the world. Especially scammers who want to interview you for a job on Google Hangouts. It is scary and violating. The sad part is, you become ecstatic thinking you finally landed that dream job and then you realize it was only a scam.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is convenient, easy to use. If you use Gmail as your primary email then Google Hangouts is for you. Gmail and Google Hangouts are all in one place.

The problems that I am solving with Google Hangouts is recognizing which users are scammers and which users are not The benefits I have realized are having the opportunity to speak with others online.

Biology Instructor
Higher Education

"Google Hangout is the new way to video chat!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Google Hangouts is that it is free and so easy to use! If you have a google account, you can chat with others who also have a Google Hangout as well. I feel like because many people have google account because they have Gmail, it is accessible and there is no extra app or software that you need to download. Also, the video quality is very good. Unlike Skype, you don't have to download app to use it.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Google hangouts is that the other person that you are talking to needs to have a google account to receive your call, whether video or voice call. Also, when I missed a call from someone, I don;t get notifications about their miss call. I am not sure if I need to change the settings for this, but this is one thing that I dislike about Google Hangouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendations to others who are considering Google Hangouts would be to try using this first and also use other similar products to see what they like best. Everyone's preferences can be different, so it's important to try each one.

Some benefits that I have realized from using Google Hangouts is that I can pretty much talk to anyone in U.S. either via voice or video call. I often use this for my work, when I need to have meetings with my students to answer their questions. I also use this for personal use to talk to my family and friends who live far away and I cannot visit them in person.

Excellent communication tool.

"Simple communication"

What do you like best?

Speaking of Google Hangouts, I love the ease of using this incredible platform, since it has a very intuitive interface and very simple to use for any user. In this I can share images, videos, make video calls in an effective and simple way.

Also, I really like Google Hangouts that only with a gmail account can access it, and it is not necessary to add my phone number. I love this because I can count on great security and safeguard my personal data when I contact any potential client and in this way I can communicate with them in a simple way and without any kind of problems.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Google Hangoust the fact of not being able to share or receive voice messages, since there are situations in which I am very busy or simply do not have time to write a text message. This tool is very necessary to give or receive a clear and simple message without spending more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This incredible platform is only a click away, as it is free and easy to access.

It helps in a great way the communication and the growth of my company due to its easy use and variety of tools that facilitates the day to day in my work. Thanks to Google Hangoust I can share videos, images, make video conferences, enter others.

Thanks to Google Hangoust, communication with my clients and colleagues is simple, free and unlimited. This allows me to relate better and thus improve day by day the operation of my company. All this without spending money or installing any app that takes up space on my device.

Squaretrade Claims Supervisor

"Fast and multifunctional!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can use it either as its own app or as an embedded function in gmail. When I was in school, I used hangouts to chat with my classmates for fun. Now, I've gotten even better functionality from it by using it at work. I work at a call center and being able to use hangouts to send ticketing information and messaging tips to my specialists really helps them decrease their average handle time, which is great for the effectiveness of the company I work for and my department.

What do you dislike?

The emojis are cute, but I wish there was a search bar to help you find which ones you're looking for. Trying to find the one you need is a bit time consuming since there isn't a way to search.

Google Hangouts helps the people at the call center I work at send information to each other in a quick and efficient way, which helps us keep our productivity up and our handle times low.

Account Manager

"A concise communication product with good call quality"

What do you like best?

The controls and visual appearance of Google Hangouts is nice, but what I like the most is its reliable connection and smooth video stream. The voice quality is also very good. I think it's actually better than the call quality on my mobile phone most of the time. The Google Hangouts buttons are big and easy to use, so I like that I can refer Google Hangouts to almost anyone and be confident that they'll be able to use it without any big problems.

What do you dislike?

The screen share feature doesn't always connect very well for me. I don't quite get instant movement or click recognition and get frustrated and confused sometimes. The picture quality of the screen shares can sometime be blurry at times as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Google Hangouts is easy to try, so I suggest signing up with Google if you don't already have an account. If you do have a Google account, you're actually ready to start using Google Hangouts right now.

I use Google Hangouts mainly for chats and video calls. It has actually worked well for me when my group talks and sends chats to each other simultaneously. Compared to email or just regular phone calls, we can relay our messages with much more detail and explain or demonstrate things like we would in an office.

occupational therapy

"Easy way to communicate with Google Hangouts"

What do you like best?

Allows to communicate with other people easily, even each one in different places. Videoconferences can be made where a group of people can see and express their opinion from the comfort of their home without having to physically meet in a certain place. You can send files in different formats easily and quickly. It can be used on the cell phone and on the PC. Anyone can use the application without a deep explanation.

What do you dislike?

The internet is required to use it. It only allows to communicate with those people who have an active gmail mail. You must have a good or excellent internet signal so that the videoconferences are carried out without interruptions. It can not be downloaded on all cell phones, they must meet the minimum requirements that the application requests for installation

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this application you can be in contact with anyone regardless of their geographical location, make friends or work meetings through video conferencing, plus you can use it from your PC, tablet or cell phone

Many students have had to emigrate to other countries and can not continue their music studies at school, but with this application they have the option of viewing their classes (through videoconference, audios, attachments) from anywhere in the world and be in communication the student and the teacher. It has allowed to expand the institution to other countries thanks to the facility to communicate between the staff and the students.

Web Designer
Internet

"A great alternative for Skype"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Google Hangouts is the ease with which I can communicate with my contacts, as most Google applications combine simplicity with power. In the case of Google Hangouts we have an application capable of making calls of audio and video calls with an excellent quality making a minimum consumption of resources, especially note in the bandwidth which is not very high if we compare it with similar applications as Skype.

Although its interface in principle is very simple, we can configure many options if we analyze a little its advanced configuration options, where we can find everything necessary and related to calls, chat, contacts and user profile in the application. I also like the design of the application much higher than Skype because the application looks very modern and the colors chosen are a great success.

What do you dislike?

The problem of Google Hangouts is that the application has lost much popularity so it is not possible to use only this application to keep in touch with our customers or relatives because many do not use the application so we are forced to have Google Hangouts and Skype using many times at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend using Google Hangouts especially to make traditional calls since the audio quality is much higher and the cost of both connection and the cost per minute is lower than that of my telephone company.

Many of the clients I work with use Google Hangouts because they are more comfortable using this application and have been with it for a long time, so at first I did not like it very much but after trying it I use it as a main application due to the ease it offers Quickly connect with contacts.

Academic Advisor

"Simple and Smooth Communication Tool "

What do you like best?

When dealing with sales and marketing ,unlike other communication tool I found Google Hangouts to make my work easy and communicate with people in a easy and comfortable way .

Google Hangouts is very user friendly and more effective to connect with n number of people around the world like calls, video calls ,chats, conference calls and many more.

It also helps me to connect with people in a friendly manner with the help of smiles, stickers,emoji ,pictures ,GIF and so on .

It also helps me to share files like ,pictures, emoji,albums which reduces my effort and time .

Last seen option is one of its key features .

I feel Google Hangout is more safe and secure to use .

App is also available in mobile which can be accessed anywhere with a network connection

What do you dislike?

Everything seems to be fine ,the only thing which could be rectified is that while on a video or on conference call the video quality is low and happens to experience breakage in voice .

At times when i call a person or customer the voice is not clear and there are some interruption of background noise.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend Google Hangouts to everyone as it is very easy to connect with people or customers all around the world .

where you can connect with people via calls,chats,video calls and share your experience by sharing pictures,GIF,albums voice notes which reduces one's effort and time both personally and professionally which helps any one to achieve their goals and their set targets in a simple way to bring revenue to the organization .

The chats which are made are saved in cloud which helps us to for future reference .

Chats groups can be created which help in communicating in a easy way .

Conference calls is its key factor with which we could share our ideas in more simple and easy way with which also helps us to reduce our man power and time . .

I mainly deal with sales and marketing ,Google Hangouts is very user friendly and more effective to connect with n number of people around the world like calls video calls ,chats, conference calls and many more.

I feel Google Hangout is more safe and secure to use .

Last seen option and call recordings is one of its key features .