Smartling

Smartling

Smartling works with major content platforms and workflows to help leading brands seamlessly integrate translation into their systems.

Work for Smartling?

Learning about Smartling?

Smartling Reviews

Ask Smartling a Question
Showing 121 Smartling reviews
Brian S.

"Useful translation platform."

What do you like best?

The api makes Smartling easy to install and easy to use. The flexibility of the workflows, to be able to customise for your purposes. Its enabled us to have 13 EU market teams log in per project and validate/review quality of translation -something previous workflows/systems had not allowed. Thus the feedback from colleagues has been good.

What do you dislike?

Costing of processed words is our biggest bugbear. The explanation of this depending on the account manager changed, and it has made budgeting difficult.

Also with flexibility comes over complication > more consultancy & a clearer vision of what could be most efficient for our type of business # of brands & workflows using the system, would make the entire vendor/client relationship much more successful.

Established a centralised translation memory for multiple workflows.

Platform still allows markets with their favourite translation agency to use the platform.

Platform also linke (albeit XML's) to our DAM tool as well as Sitecore CMS (api) > interconnectivity.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Smartling
Mobina K.

"Functional & Easy to Use Translation Platform"

What do you like best?

The most attractive feature of Smartling to me is its super user-friendly interface. What makes this platform -for me- even more handy and useful is how I can translate videos so quickly, so easy, string by string, while having the most control upon subtitle synchronization with the dialogues. Simultaneously I have access to suggested translations which benefits me time to time in managing and improving my translation quality and also reducing the time that I should have spend on my translation.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I've never faced any serious problem working with this platform but I, if I want to mention something that I prefer it another way, would be the crowded and classic desktop scheme _I opt a modern and minimal graphics and desktop, it help me to concentrate more- which I assume due to all the options and accessibility that Smartling offers, is sort of Inevitable in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Smartling to the organizations and companies which work in the area of making subtitle and translation for videos -specifically educational videos-, it's easy, really applicable and fast.

I'm working as a volunteer translator at Coursera translation community. Translating and subtitling education videos is a time-consuming process which also calls for high accuracy; Smartling has been a great help in addressing both those concerns with offering various useful options and applications to its users.

What Translation Management solution do you use?

Nancy O.

"Incredibly powerful and flexible tool with responsive customer support"

What do you like best?

Smartling makes my life easy. I haven't been a customer all that long, but we were literally up and running with our first site in two weeks. The support from our account manager and development is first-rate, and because we also use Smartling's translation services (although you can use your own), we really can't fail with the platform.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the platform, but I haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask questions, learn all you can, and if possible, connect with other customers to make implementation as easy as possible.

With Smartling, we're making our website a truly global presence, and localizing in six languages, with the probability of more languages soon. Having localized websites gives our sales team so much more leverage and we expect to exponentially increase sales using Smartling.

We use Wordpress for our corporate sites and Smartling integrates beautifully with the tool.

Aideen S.

"Fantastic product - helped us get to market faster"

What do you like best?

It was super easy to get started. We had a dedicated Customer Success Manager (who was awesome by the way!) who helped us get trained on the platform and start translating quickly. The ability to set up customized workflows and the visual-context provided to our translators is a huge pro - both of these things have had a big impact on quality. Our previous translation process was manual and took weeks in some cases. Smartling has streamlined these processes and cut down our time to market to days.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with this platform. I’m looking forward to seeing how the Quality Confidence Score feature continues to develop.

Smartling enables us to be in global markets, at ease and with speed. Our addressable market has been significantly increased as a result of translating our assets. Finally, our time to market has been reduced which allows us to move faster and iterate/test quickly as needed.

Zachary H.

"Smartling makes my life easier everyday"

What do you like best?

I love that I have easy access to everything in one place. Being able to manage jobs, perform translations, track string progress, and have visibility into what out LSPs are up to really gives me the freedom to own the localization process at Lyft.

One of my favorite features is the Global Search function. Being able to look for strings across language and across projects is key for our success. Also, being able to edit the translation memory directly and then push those changes out to all projects really makes my life easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit of an overload of information, which I don't really mind. Smartling has so many features and capabilities, it can be a little tedious sometimes to find exactly what I'm looking for.

We could not have localized Lyft without the use of Smartling. Through their suite of APIs and connectors, we were able to innovate and build a pipeline that works for our translation needs and turnaround times.

We have been able to create a centralized translation hub for our internal clients using Smartling. We heavily leverage the self-service translation request portal in order to drive the efficiency of our operation.

Eleonora R.

"Smartling for MK"

What do you like best?

I like how Smartling is directly connected to our website, so that we can ingest content for translation during the testing phase. This makes the translation process very dynamic and fluid :)

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Smartling included more options and filters for file-based translation. I think it's great that technology is moving towards automated processes, but I feel like everyone still relies A LOT on files to translate their content so it would be great to include more features like filters for file import and, in general, to have more control on the content that is managed offline through files such as Excel or PowerPoint.

Also, the SmartMatch function may sometimes cause troubles as content can be pushed live without receiving approval for a particular context (some words might require different translations depending on the context).

I use Smartling on a daily basis to translate content that comes directly from the website or that is pulled from our content management platform.

Jack S.

"A smooth experience that makes translating content easy"

What do you like best?

The way Smartling integrates completely with our web CMS (Contentful) makes translating a fast process. The fact translators know immediately when we change copy on site is especially useful, as we're often switching messaging or information. It's also great that so many languages are available.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding was a slow process — although to be fair Smartling were still in the process of creating their Contentful connector at that time. Translation quality is excellent when it comes to accuracy but translators often need guidance when it comes to the tone of marketing messaging, which it can be harder for a smaller company without a range of multilingual staff to provide.

Trying to translate our content into a number of languages with limited resources as a medium sized company. Smartling has been perfect for this, as after the onboarding process it has only required one manager (myself). We also have ad hoc translation tasks that Smartling have been very helpful in translating.

Jovan R.

"Great Product - Incredible Support Team"

What do you like best?

How the product is always moving forward, and how responsive our dedicated support representatives are. Whenever I have issues, they're addressed IMMEDIATELY. In addition, with the right team building it, integrations with other applications are seamless and robust. Couple that with an A1 help center (documentation) and impeccable customer service, you'll love this product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, our individual needs/desires for the product aren't met; certain enhancements seem to be put on the roadmap and never really addressed. Although this is expected with a large client base, being that we are a large company of our own, it would be nice to be able to personalize the application a bit more (without altering other client's products).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With any application, it's going to take some work and time to master. With that said, the Smartling team supports you the entire way. The documentation that they have available is always helpful, and personally, our "Team Leads" (aka Account Execs) are knowledgeable, responsive, and incredibly helpful. Make sure that you develop good relationships with your customer success executives, and I guarantee you'll find this product beneficial (and a lot easier to master).

Note: I was not a part of the company when the initial implementation was done.

Decreasing bounce rates and increasing revenue by providing quality translated and localized content. We've seen a tremendous amount of savings as we've built up our Translation Memory. In addition, we've been able to hold our outside vendors and internal project managers accountable as a "history" of each string is kept.

Akande D.

"Excellent for scaling translations for enterprises"

What do you like best?

I loved that Smartling integrates with so many of our current technology partners like Drupal and Marketo. We are subtle to push translations easily and see the process from start to finish. Couldn’t be bigger fans.

What do you dislike?

It is a new platform so we have some trouble getting training materials or getting support at times. This isn't something that takes away from the value that they provide however, just something to be mindful of after the on-boarding process is complete.

We are solving the issue of translation management and have realized cost and time savings. We are able to translate more words faster and do it more cost effectively.

Mitchell C.

"Great translation management platform!"

What do you like best?

Smartling has an intuitive interface that makes it easy for our company to translate content across teams and projects. Additionally, Smartling's Language Services team does an excellent job maintaining a high standard of translation for our team.

What do you dislike?

While we have run into some issues with their APIs or integrations, the Smartling team has done an excellent job of prioritizing these features and getting them resolved quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their Customer Success and Language Services teams are great. As an admin of the service, they make my job easy by being responsive and helpful. From my perspective, the level of customer service and care is a real differentiator.

Smartling allows our company to efficiently manage our translation process so that we can focus on serving customers and growing our business internationally. Without Smartling, we would really struggle to grow internationally as quickly as we have to date.

Claudia M.

"Context is everything"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature in Smartling isthe Context window, In this window, I can see where my text will be inserted in real time, so I have the context and can produce the best translation possible.

What do you dislike?

I miss a spell checker for BR Portuguese. And I think it would be good if I could export the text to use Microsoft Word spell checker, which is the best for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mind the context.

I realized that I can communicate with managers and other people responsible for the text and ask questions before I finish my translations, and it helps me to solve issues related to text.

Brendan T.

"Smartling enables hands-free translation for us! "

What do you like best?

Awesome tool. Easy to set-up and use. The most extensive API docs that I've seen for translation tools. Internal reviewers love the tool, particularly the visual context provided to show how the translations will appear once live.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major has come up. On-boarding was very smooth. Translation quality is much improved compared to our previous tool/process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We initially used another lighter weight translation tool but had to switch to Smartling after 6 months. We didn't appropriately anticipate the features/functionality required to provide high quality translations in a hands-free manner. My advice to users considering translation tools is to thoroughly think through your requirements and related features required.

Translation just happens! After initial configuration, there's very little work to be done in terms of on-going maintenance (from an engineering point of view).

Alex B.

"Sophisticated TMS platform with top-notch technical integration options"

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable and responsive support team, and solid integrations with other parts of our tech stack (WordPress, Marketo, Contentful, GitHub). Once you understand the complexity, there are a lot of very powerful options available. This is definitely a platform that can support our localization needs far into the future as we grow.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is overly complex (they're working on it...) and some parts seem designed specifically for users of the GDN service. Documentation could be more robust — some docs are great, but others (especially the technical ones) are less comprehensive and don't match up well with what's available from others in the market (e.g., Localize.js).

Localizing our product and marketing campaigns so that we can successfully enter international markets. We've just started the process, but so far Smartling has been a critical part of keeping things centralized and efficient.

Paweł S.

"Best for international group of coworkers"

What do you like best?

I like the straightforward UI, which helps me to stay on the track while doing lots of assignments on Smartling.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the the design of the whole panel is a bit outdated and the team should give it some refreshment in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that Smartling can dramatically streamline the whole process of translation/localization in your company. Finally it will pay off with satisfaction of your colleagues and improvements in performance of your whole team.

I work for a part of my clients directly via Smartling. It helps me to increase my revenue as a solopreneur. I also learned about some nice features, which are present in Smartling.

Robert S.

"Smartling – powering OpenTable's localisation journey"

What do you like best?

- In general, Smartling enables my team of 2 (including me) to 'punch above our weight' in terms of what we are able to deliver.

- Our organisation's translation and internationalisation needs have grown exponentially over the last two years and Smartling has been able to scale to support these evolving requirements.

- The SmartMatch technology enables us to re-use or adapt translations we've already had done, where they exist – a huge time- and money-saver.

- When things go wrong as they inevitably do, customer support is good overall – responses are prompt and generally resolve issues to my satisfaction.

- The support I receive from my account manager is second-to-none. They are a huge asset to Smartling and, in turn, to me.

What do you dislike?

- Still not easy enough for other stakeholders to capture context for their translations – they report to me that it's too time consuming. More automated solutions would be appreciated.

- Some stakeholders report to me that the UI is difficult to understand / they perceive that it has a steep learning curve. However, support from Smartling that mitigates this is available.

- Roll out of the new CAT tool could have been better managed. This was seen as a key release by Smartling, but for some users, the disadvantages outweighed the advantages and some important features (in the initial release at least) were missing.

- The upgrade of the Smartling API from v1 to v2 was badly mishandled. Initially we were advised that a hard end date was attached to this, we devoted (expensive) development resource to migrating to v2 and then found out – we weren't told directly, rather the information dribbled out of Smartling – that the hard end date for the v1 API had been indefinitely postponed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Smartling has enabled me to continue to meet a diverse set of growing translation and internationalisation requirements at my current organisation. Moreover, it has effectively paid for itself by enabling the re-use/adaptation of existing translations through its SmartMatch technology. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Smartling enables a two-person translation team to manage the diverse localisation needs of an organisation with ambitious international expansion plans. Smartling's SmartMatch technology is saving OpenTable tens of thousands of dollars a year in translation costs.

Gavin F.

"Smartling helps AdRoll reach international markets with ease!"

What do you like best?

Smartling has helped AdRoll reach new markets quickly with quality translations for several years now. Smartling has allowed for hands-free translation management between our various content platforms. We currently utilize several integrations including; Drupal, Zendesk, Github, SendWithUs to name a few. We utilize customizable workflows to ensure that our content is appropriately reviewed and vetted before publishing. Smartling’s quality confidence score provides insights around translation quality and allows us to take a data driven approach to quality management.

Using Smartling's Platinum Support services has helped alleviate the burden of localization project management on the AdRoll marketing team, giving time back to focus on marketing related tasks.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to report so far! It's intuitive, practical and comes with great support

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can't fault it

Recently, we were able to quickly launch our new AdRoll group website into 7 languages within just two weeks! Smartling Platinum Support team acts as our localization manager coordinating translation deliveries, and communicating with vendors. Prior to using Smartling Platinum Support, our marketing team were spending approx. 25% of their work-week managing localization projects; now this is down to approx. 5%.

"Smartling delivers - full stop. "

What do you like best?

Smartling have been terrific to work with; the platform works really well. Very streamlined in terms of process management. Powerful visualization of end product. Great customer service. Comprehensive APIs which really make a difference. In-context translation is much better than the previous tool we utilized and the project management functionality is the best I’ve seen on the market. Our translation processes were previously a major headache and this has all massively changed thanks to Smartling!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. just try it for yourself

We’re currently in 5 new language markets, all powered by Smartling. >60% of our revenue comes from non-English speaking markets.

Caroline C.

"Proxy Minimizes Need for Headcount"

What do you like best?

We use GDN and Business Docs, and I like that I don't need a whole web team for our localized sites/collateral. I can pretty much play localization manager for web and print content, and Smartling is a convenient tool for project management, content storage, and translations wrapped up in one neat little package. Oh, and love that it integrates with Marketo!

What do you dislike?

I've had quite a few Customer Success/Account Managers over the years. I realize that's inevitable, and there has always been coverage for support, but it'd be nice to have a bit more stability in my points of contact.

Benefits: Less headcount, less need for site maintenance, I have a handy place to find/filter all translated content, translators/editors can communicate without me playing middle-woman, I don't have to copy and paste translations in/out of a CMS/spreadsheet.

Agata S.

"Easy to use and to learn"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to learn, at least if you already have experience with any other CAT (can't say for those who never used another CAT tool). The option to automatically configure the shortcuts to be the same as to any other tool you may be used to work with is also a plus. The comments and reports sections are also good.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it can only be used online. It would be helpful to be able to used it even when offline.

It's a tool I've learnt to use to provide work to my contractors, so it brings me the benefits of being able to provide more complete translation solutions according to what my clients want from me.

Mitchell C.

"Great Translation Management & Services Platform"

What do you like best?

Smartling has been a great choice as our translation service management platform because of their flexibility and ease of use. Smartling's APIs allow us to automatically pull/push translations into our software, making translation management simple and contained. Additionally, the Smartling Translation Services team does an excellent job providing fast, high-quality translations and great support, simplifying the translation management process for our team.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Smartling allowed for more on-page customization so we could translate different marketing pages in specific pages. That said, it is a great platform overall, and I know the team is working on this type of functionality.

Smartling has allowed our team to translate our product into 5 languages quickly and easily, giving us the ability to expand our user base to global, non-English speaking users.

"Good but expensive tool with room for improvements"

What do you like best?

Efficient tool to manage large volumes of words in different languages and projects. Easy to set up users and workflows. Some great features - but sometimes hard to know about them.

What do you dislike?

Very expensive. Not very user-friendly. You need others tools to manage projects with external people. Not good for transcreation.

We use Smartling daily for almost all of our translations. It works fine for most of our tasks, but there are limitations when it comes to certain projects and processes. I wish it would be more user-friendly and intuitive to use and am looking much forward to the release of the new dashboard features. The possibility to connect it with other tools is great, but it is difficult to set up if you work with many different tools and need to spend in-house development resources to set it up.

The Smartling team is great, very supportive and always quick in getting back to us.

"Best partner in Localization"

What do you like best?

Smartling has been a good partner in the area for which I am responsible - Localisation.

Since the beginning, the entire Smartling team has been involved in optimising the company's needs, always trying to develop it in the time requested or explaining the reasons for the change in the deadline.

The customer support is efficient and readily available, for all kind of questions.

All clients have a Customer Success Manager, who practically forms part of my daily work, trying to anticipate my needs and helping to improve the software in the best way for the company.

I can honestly recommend the company as a good partner, but especially the great staff Jack Welde Co-Founder and CEO has in his Smartling team

What do you dislike?

Use tool in mobile, have the possibility to do short translation from this device. Alert in mobile urgent works

Create a memory of content and workflows in Localization area, that before we have not.

Jennifer P.

"great support team"

What do you like best?

The entire team at Smartling has been behind their product every step of the way. From helping with the GDN setup (in an abbreviated period of time), confirming our content is ingested in the most appropriate way, to supporting us through additional content changes and translations the team has been helpful and cheerful every step of the way.

What do you dislike?

I need to log in a bit more frequently than I do in order to keep up with the untranslated content changes. An automated reminder would be helpful.

We got our site translated to Spanish within 6 weeks--allowing us to expand into additional markets and capitalize on keywords we were already using.

Jason G. L.

"Speedy, accurate, and agile"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the ability to go back and forth with a translator on a single string all from within the application. The software is a huge plus, they continue to amaze me with new integrations and development of new features that make it easy to support multiple languages.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part about Smartling today is the lack of ability to invoice for a bundle of translations. The monthly translation invoice is great for our business-as-usual costs, but when we bring a new language online, we would prefer to pay for that whole bundle as a single lump sum.

We were able to cut our translation time in half and maintain accuracy while improving our collaboration with translators and internal reviewers.

"The next generation of large-scale localisation"

What do you like best?

The most helpful aspect of Smartling is simply the ease with which one can chat to helpful people who can offer simple, straightforward solutions to requirements and issues. The Smartling platform is also very sophisticated, and constantly in development, and the translators seem to be well-chosen and keen to learn and offer the best possible translation.

What do you dislike?

The platform is occasionally not entirely transparent - great features are not always signposted, and are sometimes found by trial and error, and sometimes processes can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very much worth chatting to Smartling about what their product can offer now and in the future, as forthcoming developments look like they'll make it a very exciting platform indeed.

Improving the quality of our translations, and translating future projects quickly and efficiently. We are already seeing higher quality translations than we were with our previous platform.

AI

"Seamless translation platform and services"

What do you like best?

Platform offers an intuitive and friendly interface for account managers. The people at Smartling who support my team are proactive and responsive.

What do you dislike?

The link provided in Issue emails is a little disorienting. Clicking on it takes you to a pop up in the platform with a specific string and the translators question. Given this 'zoomed in' view and the amount of content we send to translation, I often have very little context for the string in question. I find myself backing out to see the rest of the content sent with the offending string's associated URL to better orient myself to answer the translator's question.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Engage Smartling for their translation services in addition to their platform. Having a single source of contact for both the platform and translation services helps immensely.

We are translating a global ecommerce platform to 3 languages. We have realized unified, synchronized global product launches with the help of Smartling.

Lukas T.

"Smartling is great!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Smartling is hands down the awesome team that is responsible for our success. We always feel cared for and listened to.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much to dislike! There are small improvements that could be made, such as opening jobs in new tabs, but overall, I am very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and see how great it is! There’s so much you can do, so it’s worth checking out.

Moving from formal language to informal language in certain languages. This has improved our translated content extensively! Now customers are spoken to in a way that resonates with them.

Margot R.

"Smartling plateform make it easier for our company to publish multilingual content on our web site."

What do you like best?

I like the possibility to see at a glance how much content I have in each workflow we created, and in each step. It is also very practical for me to receive alerts each time new content enters the platform or when translated content is moved from one step to another. The customer service provided is very fast and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I found the fact that our translators have to add the tags in their translation a bit cumbersome for them. Also some characters, as exponents, are not accept by the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not hesitate to share your translation strategy with your Smartling technician as he will be able to help you to build Workflows that will suits your needs. Also, tell your Smartling technician which kind of improvements you would like to see in the platform as eh will pass the information towards the product development team.

We previously experienced several difficulties as we translated a first part of the company's website and our process was too time consuming. Smartling helped us a lot to ease this process and make it a lot faster.

Laura F.

"An evolving tool for a fast-paced industry"

What do you like best?

I think Smartling are great at listening to their customers and taking feedback onboard in order to improve the product. The localisation industry is constantly evolving, and so is the Smartling platform.

What do you dislike?

Some processes are a bit too manual, it would be great too see more automation to spend less time managing projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, it can be integrated with other tools so it can really improve processes.

Using a cloud-based tool means there is no need to download and share translation packages with external suppliers. Users can have different access rights, making it easy to control who does what.

Sandeep K.

"Number one TMS"

What do you like best?

It’s been a great experience working with Smartling. System is great and is very fast. Following are the top most feature that I like

1 . In-context review

2. Easy to use and sleek interface

3. Fast

4. Great technical support team .. kudos to technical support to resolve issues/quickly.

What do you dislike?

Workflow notifications are string level . They should be at Job level . When whole job is advanced to next level only then reviewers should get notification. This is currently a pain point for us . I discussed this with Eric on Genius Bar.

We are using Smartling for website localization.

AH
Administrator in Human Resources

"Good tool with very helpful support"

What do you like best?

The people who are there to support me in the Smartling tool. They are always there and always helpful with us. I like the tool as well, but as a person who does not spend every day in it, it can get confusing. Luckily the support is there for us.

What do you dislike?

The clarification questions which I need to answer on a daily and weekly basis.

While the tool is great and has a lot of functionality, it isn't always built for my needs. There are some additional features which I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow Smartling to demo it for you. A demo is needed to see all functionality.

We are able to translate our whole site into 32 languages with ease. We see the many benefits including the great visibility into the status of the translations. It also takes a lot of the manual pain away from us.

Raphael C.

"Great platform, great company, great personnel"

What do you like best?

The trust and relationship with the team

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I love to work with Smartling, honestly I can't say anything I dislike about them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No recommendation, you can rest assured that you're taking the right decision.

Smartling is a great platform to translate documents and manage my work. It makes my life so much easier, and the business demand they redirect to me is also very good. In addition, their staff is extremely professional and quality-oriented. It's a pleasure working with them and I recommend it to everyone.

"A handy tool for daily work"

What do you like best?

What I like most in Smartling is that its customizable. I redefined the shortcuts for that one I used to in MemoQ and quite happy with it.

What do you dislike?

To type a French quote, you should go to the list of special characters (you cannot do that from your keyboard). Buttons are quite small. Hints sometimes hinder to press a tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Feel free to contact support for any questions you may have, they are helpful. Customize shortcuts to those you may have used to in your offline CAT tool.

I use Smarting daily in an ongoing localization project and I got used to it.

amit g.

"Perfect tool!"

What do you like best?

Smartling is very easy to use. The fact that there is Glossary feature, it helps saves so much time if I have to replace any single word used at multiple instances!

What do you dislike?

Some times search does not work accurately.

Helps localize our two mobile apps in 6 languages (French, German, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified). With supporting so many languages we have reached to larger audience across globe.

Chiara M.

"Great localisation platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use. The team is nice and the communication with them is great. Payments are punctual and precise. They offer free trainings and a certification attesting level of skills in using the platform.

What do you dislike?

The amount of work is sometimes really low. It would be ideal to receive more translations, but I can already see a big improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend to use this platform.

Smartling provides localisation mainly for apps. I have collaborated with them localising content in Italian.

Alex W.

"Powerful, reliable translation platform"

What do you like best?

Smartling builds technology tools to manage the translation process from end to end, and they work. We tested several competitors and found them to be buggy and brittle or lacking in features and insights. Smartling’s feature set is robust and reliable.

What do you dislike?

Smartling may have a lot of great features and integrations, but they’re not always intuitive or easy to use. This can make optimizing and distributing processes a challenge.

We’re leaning on Smartling as we learn to scale rapidly, and we’re leveraging Smartling to centralize all of our localization, from product to marketing to help, and across our internal and external teams. Putting everything in one place and getting everyone to buy into the same processes is huge.

"Excellent translation tool set up for fast website translations across multiple languages"

What do you like best?

Smartling saves us a lot of time when handling large amounts of website translations across 25 countries in Europe. The translation memory function helps reduce the cost the more we use the platform. We also get good technical support from Smartling when we've encountered any major issues to fix.

What do you dislike?

We have had some minor issues when using the platform, including managing large numbers of strings for a job, and we also need to increase the amount we leverage the context tool from our webpages so our translators have a clearer understanding of what they are translating.

Before using Smartling we had to use copy paste to gather all the content into our CMS. With Smartling this integration with the CMS means we can handle more translations in many more markets.

"Intuitive tool for translation and review."

What do you like best?

THe BEST is the context view, which allows you to see exactly where your text is going. Too long? Np, I'll shorten it. This CTA refers to that content there? Perfect. It's faster, and a significantly lowers the risk for bugs in the end result.

What do you dislike?

Not enough l10n companies use it. Sometimes the windows on the right are a bit small, and tricky to expand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will get less questions from end users, thanks to the intuitive UI.

My translations and reviews are quicker and easier when I work end clients who use Smartling.

Alessandra R.

"Effective tool and great customer service"

What do you like best?

Smartling is an effective tool that has helped our organisation consolidate translations in one platform, improving our turnaround time and supporting internal and external resources. Platinum support is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to get feedback across to linguists when using a third party LSP

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time understanding the tool and you'll unlock all it's functionalities, gaining more from it

One centralised platform where all translations are stored and accessible. The business has recognised the value of translations and the effort it takes to accomplish them

Jennifer B.

"Smartling saved my life"

What do you like best?

Using Smartling has helped saved time on my projects. I don't know about the rest of you, but projects just pop up and we're due yesterday. Smartling has helped me put all my projects in one location and complete them in a speedy time frame.

What do you dislike?

The website platform is really hard to navigate. For someone who is not in the tech business it would be nice to simplify it. If it was not for Tyler I would have been very lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t think about it, just do it. Smartling is the way to go for translations

We have to translate many languages for legal/regulatory reasons. Smartling has helped streamline this issue for us.

"With Smartling, we can localize our product with high quality results, while still maintaining speed"

What do you like best?

- Smartling has a powerful API which allows us to integrate localization into our workflow in a totally bespoke way, making the process seamless, so it doesn't slow down product development

- We can easily customize our localization workflow to be most appropriate for the content - for example using machine translation where that makes sense, or skipping manual review for content where accuracy is less crucial

What do you dislike?

Smartling could be even better if it had a ready-made Git or GitHub integration that met our needs, enabling us to support our continuous release process. We've got a tonne of flexibility from building our own, but off the shelf is even better if it works.

We're using Smartling to translate a SaaS product into 10 languages - and lots more to come. Soon, we'll be extending this to translate content (e.g. Blog posts and support articles) from across our business in an automated way.

All in all, Smartling has enabled us to make our product available in our users' native languages with minimal manual work within our business (e.g. for developers or product managers) and little delay to our "continuous release" approach.

IM
Internal Consultant in Management Consulting

"I am using for translation job editor now. Handling is easy and fun."

What do you like best?

Searching terminology is easy and fast. And it can be useful and helpful for translator to insert context match translation for translation and editing. It takes a short time and effortless for translator's completion.

What do you dislike?

I can not find anything to dislike, but if I say, I need take time to fix space tag or some errors sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if the translation tasks of specific products become as a routine work, it would be useful to use translating in smartling. I can say related to the translation tasks, but I hope to use another tasks e.g. project management etc.

I do not conduct it but I hope to search translator for working with. It takes a lot of benefits working with, e.g. handling a large volume, sharing workload etc.

Caius S.

"Samrtling: World Class Translation Service."

What do you like best?

Smartling provides a best in class translation service that operates amazingly at the proxy level for our company. Couple this with the excellent account managers and technical resources that work for the company.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Smartling is, by far, our most consistent technology partner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think. Just partner up and sleep well at night knowing you'll have a quality translation partner.

Translating approx. 10 sites in 5 languages. Smartling allowed us to better engage with our European base; higher sales and higher conversions.

Benjamin S.

"Great, simple, and intuitive cloud technology "

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the simplicity, easy and intuitive navigation, TM and concordance search, etc. Always a pleasure working in Smartling.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to add glossary terms and more accessible shortcuts for German quotation marks. I would also appreciate the opportunity to export TMs.

One-stop solution, no need to invoice projects individually or apply discount grid manually.

Irving N.

"Awesome product, awesome company"

What do you like best?

The simplicity with the power for our translations team is great. The GDN has allowed us to make lots of customization really quickly based on different languages so that we can provide a custom experience for us to.

What do you dislike?

I think that the content swap UI could be better. Our implementation could be part of the problem but the searchability of that screen is hard to use.

We use Smartling for our marketing website. It allows us to execute gloabal campaigns very easily.

"Great solution with fantastic support"

What do you like best?

Smartling's automation features are outstanding in my opinion - connecting our software repositories has accelerated and simplified our app translation workflows significantly

What do you dislike?

At the moment we are unable to exploit some of Smartling's advanced features (visual context, dynamic amends) as it doesn't yet support React Native. However the Smartling team have confirmed that they are looking into providing this support and are working with us to that end

Prior to Smartling we had a laborious and manual translation workflow for our application which was taking a lot of time for translations into multiple languages. We mow have an automated system which submits new strings for translation when they are created and saves us a lot of time and errors

Ian N.

"Great way to scale our web sites globally"

What do you like best?

Smartling allows us to have a localisation layer on top of our existing site without an additional complicated CMS. The uptime of the platform is amazing, not outages in almost 2 years!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that we can't work into a go-forward plan with smartling. We currently use the GDN product but there are also options for using Drupal native integrations that we can move to

Being able to scale our marketing message globally in local language without the overhead of additional websites

giguashvili a.

"very convenient to work "

What do you like best?

ability to see the what you working on in details but also as a whole text.

What do you dislike?

sometimes when I corrected the problem, it still appears as unsolved. it requires time to change which bothers me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use,

I am not sure how to answer that. I am working in QA team.

Chris E.

"Smartling is the best LSP in the world"

What do you like best?

Our personal account manager is so helpful and quick to respond to any questions. The tools in the product will help automate the translation of all of our apps in 25 different languages.

What do you dislike?

the review process has been something that I have had a hard time wrapping my mind around....when to complete it, which strings to review...etc

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn and use the different tools.

We are able to send our product into so many different countries and cultures all around the globe.

AM

"Awesome team to collaborate with!"

What do you like best?

The Smartling team has been extremely easy and always pleasant to work with - every process that we've conducted with them has been seamless and simple, and the partnership with them has been great. The services that they offer align with many of the practices that we already implement, so it makes the process that much easier to integrate into what we do. The team is organized and makes sure to get everything completed in a timely manner, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to make our lives easier!

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the Smartling team and their services have been wonderful!

Website translations; exploring more translation options on packaging and email marketing

Learn more about Smartling

Smartling Videos

Learning about Smartling?

* We monitor all Smartling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.