knak. Reviews & Product Details

knak. Overview

What is knak.?

If you are searching for an email template solution, take a moment to learn about Knak. Knak is the world's first email creation platform built for enterprise marketing teams. We empower individuals and entire teams to collaborate and create incredible, on-brand emails that work with today’s top marketing automation and sending platforms including Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Adobe Campaign, Acoustic, Responsys and many more, without ever needing to touch a line of code. Learn why over 10,000+ marketers from the world's leading brands rely on Knak to create emails and get them to market quickly. Incredible emails. Built together. From wherever.

knak. Details
Discussions
knak. Community

The world’s first fully self-serve email creation platform for the enterprise.

Knak is the only true, fully self-serve, no coding, email creation platform for enterprise marketing teams. We empower teams to collaborate creatively to produce incredible emails while safeguarding brand standards. Global brands use Knak to get their emails to market 10X faster while saving money.

knak.
2015
Ottawa, Canada
@knak_io
345 Twitter followers

knak. Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the knak. community
Have you used knak. before?

knak. Reviews

Showing 44 knak. reviews
Already have knak.?
Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Knak made it immediately possible for us to create and easily sync beautiful emails. We love the flexibility of the platform, the team and their support they've offered us, and the direct integration with our ESP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsides of using Knak comes with them being somewhat of a newer company. There are features of the product that would boost it's performance beyond the great things it already does and they are still working on some of those things. The lack of some functionality, however, does not hinder the ability to create amazing emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely consider Knak if you'd like a consistent, easy-to-use product to build emails, especially on the fly and for all types of users in your business. Knak has a great team behind it who is willing to work with you and your company's needs to make your experience the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We previously were using the email editor in our ESP which was extremely limiting but we didn't have the need for a full-time developer -- then we found Knak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

The tool itself is awesome. It removes email bottlenecks for non-Marketo savvy users and teams that don't have design resources or coders. Knak has freed up our marketing team so we are fairly self-sufficient in spinning up a new email and adjusting how we want our emails to look.

More importantly, everyone I've interacted with on the Knak team is extremely professional, courteous and helpful - especially our CSM Felix. He was so helpful in getting us up and running, answering the same questions for us over and over again, and making sure that we saw value from the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve initially if you want to set up your own email modules with specific colors and images. It's not for all users to use right out of the box. But if you have a little bit of HTML knowledge and once you spend some time with it building your first few emails, you'll never want to be without it! There are almost too many options in terms of what you can adjust and change! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to have more people on our team creating emails without needing a designer or coder to help us adjust simple design elements. We're able to move faster, try new things, and evolve our emails along with our email strategy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in knak.
Lead Digital Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

Easy to integrate with Marketo and solves the short comings of their email design editor. Allowed for more flexibility in email creation and to create a new workflow in our email process. The marketing team now has the flexibility to create content without being locked into a template at the same time allow us to safe guard the brand(s) integrated within the email builder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

knak continues to develop the platform, so only small limitations that are unique to a certain request or need. One example, limited ability to move an email design within another brand/segment. The image library could use an update to allow the revision or overwriting of the previous versions imported asset. Integration of an email testing services, i.e. Litmus, would be icing on the cake. Still find myself testing email designs, especially with those that look to send via an email client (Outlook). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test your options, but reach out to knak as their team is extremely helpful in determining next steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

knak solves Marketo's lack of focus on their email design editor. Allows my team to no longer need to custom code email requests. Gives us the flexibility to lock down certain content areas that will limit the end users ability to break the brand standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Channel Optimization and SEO Specialist
What do you like best?

The drag-and-drop email editor is so easy to use, and doesn't require any knowledge of HTML. The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to adjust the order of components and experiment with different layouts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any significant pain points with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very intuitive program for email design, especially if your team doesn't have a dedicated design resource. Non-designers can still make great-looking emails using the drag-and-drop modules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have improved the efficiency of our email creation process thanks to knak's simple and easy-to-use interface. It is very easy to drag-and-drop modules, adjust sizes and colours, and import images.

We have also improved the aesthetics of our emails thanks to the wide variety of design options available in knak, such as the ability to easily adjust the shape and sizes of boxes, create multi-column layouts, change colours and sizes. Even non-designers can create professional-looking templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Marketing Operations
What do you like best?

Knak is a must have for any MarTech stack. It's an incredible time saver that's easy for multiple people across the marketing org to utilize. Templates are infinitely flexible yet scalable. Customer service is great and they continue to add new features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real issues. They are constantly making updates and improvements to the product. They also take and implement feedback really fast compared to most saas platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The software is easy to use, allows for flexible design and saves a TON of time by no longer having to work with rigid templates or coding. As a MOPs manager, it's one of the few techs that I don't really worry about much. It just works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inside Channel Business Manager
What do you like best?

I love to see the improvements I suggested being taken into consideration and added to a later version. I am aware that knak probably make changes according to the majority of answers they get, but even though, I feel appreciated for my time and the changes are done fast compared to other tools I work with.

TEMPLATES!! My company uploaded some templates I can use which makes it so much easier to design an email knowing that it would be in accordance with the company's branding. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some editing capabilities missing, but it can also be the kind of service/license given to me. For example, I can't move images the way I would like to. I already clicked on so many editing capabilities and yet I can't find a way to resize and position an image the way I want it to. It might also require some more training or tutorials on my end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was impossible to edit or move objects around in a design, now it is very easy and it is a lot faster to achieve the results I am looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing Strategy - Critical Care
What do you like best?

Knak is easy to use (kind of like PowerPoint but for emails) and allows us to create high-quality, brand-compliant emails that look great on both desktop and mobile clients without having to have marketers know HTML or CSS. It has allowed us to create emails significantly faster and deploy them through our marketing automation platform seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I "dislike" about Knak. The only area that I can see an opportunity for further improvement is having a option to add additional reviewers or rounds of review in the built-in approval workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way to be able to create more consistent emails regardless of the region or business unit that is creating the emails. In addition, we needed a solution that would allow for emails to be responsive without needing to wait for our internal IT or outside agencies to optimize for mobile clients. In addition, we wanted to provide our marketers with a view into the email creation process and allow them an opportunity to make edits rather than having our creative agencies make every little change. Finally, we wanted to make sure that our emails were coded properly so that we didn't have delays between the time that the email was approved from a creative/content perspective to when it was reviewed from a technical/coding perspective for our marketing automation platform.

We were able to realize all of these benefits through using Knak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Felix, our Success Manager, is amazing! He is also very responsive and helpful. The product is extremely easy to use and has a seamless integration into Marketo, which makes my job a lot easier when launching email programs. I love the flexibility of Knak and the simple drag and drop email builder when it comes to creating emails for our brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of now, I have not found anything that I really dislike of Knak. We have been using it for about a year and so far, no complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to quickly and easily create new emails without having to use any developer or ongoing design resources then I would definitely use Knak. Their integration into Marketo is super easy to use and takes a matter of seconds to sync. The email builder is a simple drag and drop, which makes it easy for any marketer to use. hey also have amazing support that helped us quickly get up and running with our new email templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to be less dependent on our development and design resources when we are creating emails. With Knak, we are able to create emails within minutes and without any developer code or new designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Knak is a fantastic tool for anyone looking to be able to code Marketo emails (or other marketing automation email platforms). It allows users to do it without the need to have strong coding knowledge or skills. The integration process is incredibly easy and there is an abundance of support documents. Knak also offers next-level customer service that I have never seen from a vendor. Our dedicated representative truly takes time to understand our problems, walk us through best practices, troubleshoot, and offer valuable insight. I truly cannot say enough good things about Knak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Knak does have a few quirks to it that are not optimal, but Knak does a fantastic job of addressing them. Often times when we let our representative know of a particular problem, their engineering and development teams are already working on fixes and enhancements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Knak is a tool that can be molded to any size or type of company, simply verify that it integrates into your email automation tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are now able to build out custom email templates that render correctly across all email platforms in fractions of the time it previously took. Knak is a user-friendly tool where even the newest Marketo programmers can successfully build out a new template that will render across all email servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

What I like best about Knak is how easy it makes the complicated task of creating intuitive, valuable email campaigns. From the review process, to the editable blocks, to the templates, and so much more are what make Knak such a valuable business tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the initial clunkiness of the platform. There are a few minor quality of life updates that need to happen, but Knak is always willing to take feedback with their "Feature Request" tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always submit Feature Requests and upvote ones that you agree with! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized how much valuable time my previous email campaign tool was taking away from me. With Knak, I can create a great layout in minutes, fill it up with my content, and send it out for review. I have realized the benefit of having much more time on my hands to do other business activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Marketing Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Easy of use, no coding, no hours of testing, build and go! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No real downsides. I would like to see a folder/tree structure for filing created emails. They do have a nice tagging system, but im more of a folder guy =) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Knak is a top notch company from the product all the way through to customer service and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very efficient, able to produce high quality emails very quickly. Love the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Knak customer service is phenomenal! The team are extremely lovely and always happy to help out with any issues or concerns so they're resolved quickly. The ability to collaborate on emails in one platform and collect all feedback and required changes makes sign off (and tracking that sign off) much faster and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have a lot of segmentations so being able to utilise Marketo's dynamic content in the platform would be extremely helpful. That said, even without this feature Knak is 10x faster than building emails directly in Marketo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knak's collaboration features mean getting approvals and sign offs from multiple stakeholders is extremely easy, and clearly trackable. The drag and drop design means we have an extremely flexible on brand template, that can be used without any fear of giving untrained users access to Marketo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Knak has allowed our team to move beyond the confines of the totally worthless, out-of-the-box templates provided by our ESP and to completely scale our email strategy. We've seen a noticeable lift in our email performance metrics since implementing the tool and we couldn't be happier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I HAD to think of something critical it would be the lack of a feature that allows you to easily preview in dark mode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a lean marketing team and don't have a dedicated email coder on staff. Knak means we can easily create sharp, professional looking emails in minutes and know that they will render beautifully on any device. Compared to our previous solution (using dated Marketo templates that would constantly break), we are so much more flexible now. Email creation takes minutes instead of hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has a large number of email templates that allow me to make customizations in a fairly simple, fast and creative way, allowing me to improve the visual appeal of the emails that I send to my clients, so that in this way they can feel motivated to review all the information that I send you, thanks to this my sales have grown considerably due to the drastic and radical improvement in terms of the presentation of my products, in addition to allowing me to do much more striking email marketing campaigns and showy, without the need to acquire additional software, I simply create the emails with the content I want to display and then I can send it myself to my clients to disseminate the information, and its ease of use makes it the ideal tool for any business or a startup that wants to improve the experience of its customers when reading their emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like it not to be a tool limited only to email, since I would very much like to be able to create my landing pages and static pages to show information about my ecommerce through this application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very useful to me to improve the appearance of my emails since I had been receiving comments that my emails were too monotonous and boring for email sales, so it was mandatory for me to find a way to change that reality and Knak. It provided me with everything I need to change this in the best possible way and at an excellent price, I really highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Communications Coordinator
What do you like best?

The user interface is great and the features are too notch. I am able to create beautiful emails while staying organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes random glitches in the system and the wait time can be a little long to have them fixed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won’t regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design heavy emails are so easy to create in Knak and the functionality is unlike any other platform I have used so far. The review process now available is also helping to catch any errors in email builds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

knak lets you build almost completely custom emails that integrate perfectly with Marketo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit hard to figure out at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

knak lets me build an email the way I want it to look. I'm able to build in less time and create great looking and performing emails quickly. The more I use knak, the more my teammates are noticing how professional the emails appear. We are also increasing our response with these well-designed emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product and Marketing Analyst
What do you like best?

An email template builder and master in creating a customized email template in a minute to send in Marketo. knak owns a full range of templates so I can suffer any of our own choices and the best thing is it’s free from all sorts of coding. Selling is a great deal easier by using this flexible software in a system. I can meet our all brand standards by utilizing this easy-going application for me and our clients. knak is a time saving and powerful application to go through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its striking feature is to customers' emails and making templates, but for landing pages, there must be more layouts and contents so there would be no need for any other application. Emails have tagged one by one there is no option to tag in a group. These disadvantages are not considered enough as its other parts are amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m enjoying its multipurpose features and I bid you all to have its free trial and I wager you will be astounded by its flexibility, versatility, and singularity. A well-known software to embrace with all business traffic and provide unique templates to have different characteristics. I apply this to specify my email and its gross effects on users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive it is and that a huge team of people with no marketing experience can use it seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Image size restrictions and sending test emails from Knak are not always accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We make great looking emails that our leadership team is very impressed with. So many employees can use Knak easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The what you see is what you get allows me to ensure our email products are deployed exactly how they were designed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some modules can be sensitive and can allow for small tweaks that were unintended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our email products are designed and delivered to our brand standards increasing consistency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy it is to create custom email templates with their drag and drop editor. They also have a large library of email templates to choose from and base your design on. Creating a brand new email takes minutes and it syncs directly into Marketo. You don't need to know any HTML or CSS to use Knak. For landing pages, Knak also has the best template library I've seen and enables you to create branded landing pages in minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Knak would come out with a landing page editor that is as flexible and customizable as their email editor. Word on the street is that this is in development and should come out sometime this year! Landing pages are much tougher to customize if you don't know HTML & CSS, and the templates aren't always going to be a one-size-fits-all solution despite the level of customization already available within the modules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Once you start using Knak and seeing how easy it is to create custom assets, you won't be able to go without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some of the problems I'm solving with Knak are building custom email and landing pages without a developer as well as reducing the amount of time spent on email and landing page development. The benefits of Knak include a reduction in time creating assets, ease of creating assets without code, and flexibility in editing and changing templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I like the flexibility, ease-of-use, support responsiveness, the ability to quickly experiment, be creative and explore different creative designs with my emails -- and thus better support all the programs my marketing team is tasked with. More or less intuitive, using Knak can sometimes be the best part of my job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The current inability to organize my emails into folders. If I have 9 ~ 15 emails associated with one program, I'd like to put them in one place, beyond the tags that are available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used multiple marketing automation tools for native building and sending of emails. I find Knak's UI and smooth integration to be very helpful in providing flexibility so I don't have to go to a designer every time I want to make a change. I know just enough html to tweak things, but I don't even need to use it when I build emails in Knak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Knak to bypass the inflexibility and poor UX of our marketing automation tool, which fortunately integrates smoothly with Knak (okay, Marketo if you have to ask). The different design capabilities and tools within Knak support new ideas and designs that can offer a better email experience to our audience, as well as good email CTR/CTOR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Demand Center (Marketing Automation)
What do you like best?

Knak is a very powerful, yet easy-to-use platform allowing non-technical marketers to create on-brand, professional emails. It provides granular feature/access control, which allows the admins (in our case, Marketing Operations) to control how marketers use the platform, and ensure that any email created in Knak meets our brand standards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The team at Knak has been very responsive to our feedback, and has actually delivered on a number of feature enhancement requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand the needs of the users who will be using the tool and create modules and themes that will meet most use cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knak allows us to enable the marketing program manager to create their own email from pre-configured layouts or customized layouts using modules. This gives the marketer a level of control over the email creative, messaging and content that they have never had before, plus it eliminates the process bottleneck. A win for everyone involved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Operations Specialist
What do you like best?

I love that I am able to build templates from scratch. Having the option to change how my emails look from time to time has been a huge benefit in keeping all of our content fresh. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I think could be improved would be the selection of pre-built templates that you can modify. I felt somewhat limited in being able to edit the prebuilt templates to get exactly what I wanted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in serious need of an email template revamp, I would look no further than Knak. Knak will give you the ability to really make your email templates unique to your organization. Connecting Knak to Marketo was quick and easy and the Knak email builder is very user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized that we do not have to settle for the plain templates that our marketing automation platform gives us. We have the ability to build exactly what we are looking for without settling. It has completely revamped our outbound email programs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic & Digital Designer
What do you like best?

Knak is so easy to use and ends up being a way faster than any other email builder I've used before. As a designer using Knak, I don't have to rely on web development or coders to design, test or upkeep an email/template. This way our marketing specialists have more independence to create an email and sales campaign while I have more power over the branding, design, and user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Knak's modules and tools would be expanded to provide even more layouts, content options, and a builder feature like they have for Marketo emails but for Marketo landing pages. Our landing pages could really use some clean design layouts and simplify that development process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If building emails in Marketo gives you a headache, between getting a design to look good or to function responsively - skip all that and Knak can give you flexibility with your emails without sacrificing responsiveness or innovative design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to create clean, responsive, engaging, and easy to use templates for our marketing staff who are not coders nor designers. This helps give them some power to drag and drop in the modules they want and run one-off Marketo campaigns or sales initiatives without the need for a brand new design. I have more time now to focus on our more creative campaigns and introduce more interesting elements to our new emails. Speed is very important in the email world - campaigns can go out daily and we can't have a staff of 3-5 collectively creating 1 campaign. Knak's email builder and module based system helps us work smarter and faster. Without Knak, our email design would still be stuck in the 90s. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Automation Specialist
What do you like best?

The flexibility of building Emails in Knak is far superior to Marketo's Email Editor. Knak has a drag and drop functionality that allows you to build emails with ease without any coding knowledge. In addition, the templates and branding defaults allow you to scale your email marketing operations. Their newest feature of Modules allows you to create common sections or modules of an email, which allows you to build a fully-fledged out and brand-compliant email within seconds. Ultimately, the integration without Marketing Automation system, Marketo, is key as you can sync emails to your Marketing Campaigns directly from the tool. If any changes need to be made to said email, you can do so in Knak, and easily re-sync accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found any downsides of Knak. Any issues I have with emails built from Knak typically derive from certain Email Clients, which is often outside of our control.

In the past, there some minor gaps in the ability to organize your digital assets/images in Knak, but the team has since addressed this. This allowed us to clean our image library to easily access previous assets and leverage accordingly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ultimately, Knak allows us to be extremely agile when building emails without any knowledge of coding. With over 1000 marketing campaigns per quarter, the number of emails that need to be created are extensive and we need a tool that gives us the speed as well as the approval process to execute these campaigns. Not to mention, as Knak admin and user, I have often granted access to folks without any experience in building emails, and they're able to pick up the tool extremely quickly to leverage for their own initiatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.