(1,764)

DiscoverOrg provides accurate, integrated, and actionable sales and marketing intelligence - including in-depth company, contact, org charts, and buying trigger data.

Prospect with confidence using the most accurate and actionable data on the market. Try today!

Work for DiscoverOrg?

Learning about DiscoverOrg?

DiscoverOrg Reviews

Ask DiscoverOrg a Question
Showing 1,764 DiscoverOrg reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about DiscoverOrg
Joshua H.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Francesca B.

"Great program with up to date info"

What do you like best?

I love the option to see valuable insights on the company to include the technologies their leveraging. It's important for our selling organization to have an idea what their utilizing to date and where- network, applications, CRM etc.. Also the org chart information is very extensive- not only does it show me the executives and their ranking but also routes me to their LinkedIn. Similar companies tab can also help when it comes to identifying competitors.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more SFDC friendly in terms of integration and sometimes when I go to click on other platforms out of Discover Org it takes awhile to route me there. Within the scoops I was wondering if they could perhaps source where they are extrapolating the articles from and how valid they are because I'm not sure where exactly their coming from- a reputable source?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think overall Discover org has done a good job at progressing their ability to do more with the platform. However, the process to reinstall the program to get more features is intricate- I have to reach out to our DiscoverOrg rep for help more then I feel like I should to make sure I'm getting the most out of my license.

I'm able to see most up to date information on a company to include what their IT budget is and who the decision makers might be within the org chart

JC Q.

"Stellar prospecting tool "

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg is the key component to prospecting and obtaining information on certain companies across the globe. The ability to search by region, vertical/industry, employee count or revenue give my team access to a myriad of contacts.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to add more of the smaller companies (100+ employees). We work with a lot of start-up's and having access to their contacts would be huge in our prospecting process. The search feature only allows users to choose from whats on their autocomplete, rather than being able to just search and see a list of results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As previously stated, DiscoverOrg provides a myriad of prospecting capabilities. The ability to search using different filters makes the process more streamline and less frustrating. My favorite is search by the company's "technologies", for example "using Hadoop, Elastic, AWS etc." this gives us insight to which specific technologies that segment is using which helps us tailor our messaging.

Our company is fortunate enough to have inbound inquiries, yet a sales organization cannot solely rely on these methods. Outbound prospecting is as crucial to gaining leverage within our industry and making sure we proactively reach out to all potential customers. DiscoverOrg gives us the ability to import contacts directly into Salesforce, which saves a lot of time and tedious input.

Jonathan F.

"The best at what they do"

What do you like best?

Detailed contact data that is updated on a regular basis. Many other databases have outdated information that proves to be wildly incorrect. We've not had that issue with DiscoverOrg.

What do you dislike?

The scope of companies they research tends to be weighted on the large end. We've been told by our account rep that they prioritize research requests from larger clients like Google which can push our needs to the back of the queue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's expensive - no question. But if you are struggling to identify company information and contacts quickly and reliably, then DiscoverOrg can be worth the investment. Understand going in that they won't have every company you want, but if you work with your account rep to get your research requests prioritized, you can find a lot of value. Start with a few datasets and grow once you know who you want to be in touch with.

The most challenging part of lead gen for us is finding the right people to begin a conversation with. DiscoverOrg does this work for us for the companies they have profiled.

Cameron C.

"outstanding sales intelligence solution for our outbound efforts"

What do you like best?

DiscoverOrg has been a great marketing and sales intelligence solution for myself and the rest of our sales development team. DiscoverOrg has allowed me to accurately identify specific accounts and prospects to outreach to regarding our solution. The solution has significantly impacted my Account-Based Sales/Marketing methodology with access to the right information (intelligence) for my outbound efforts. With the acquisition of RainKing, DiscoverOrg is clearly the leader in the sales intelligence industry and I wouldn't search anywhere else for another solution.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike with a solution like DiscoverOrg that is focused on enabling sales and marketing teams with the most accurate prospect information. It would be great if they built in a sync with CRMs to identify when accounts and prospects are already within your CRM ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Phenomenal product for identifying accounts and prospects to outbound to for your services.

DiscoverOrg is providing our sales team with access to the most accurate account and prospect data for our outbound efforts in driving meetings and closed business. The solution is certainly increasing our connect rates and interactions with prospects.

Julia Y.

"Prospecting made easier"

What do you like best?

Generally, titles are correct, provides emails and direct numbers when possible, as well as the location. Able to request additional research depending on what your subscription is. They have a very good connection to Salesforce. If you find updated information it is easy to send a fix it request and you will be notified when it has been done. Scoop is a great feature that lets you know if there is a hint of a new project at a company. Very much like that, it links the leads with Linkedin profile.

What do you dislike?

The contact information is not always correct emails are older format or it is many months to years that contact has not been with the company. Creating customer searches pulls in titles not requested. Unable to directly pull into tools like Outreach.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Able to search by company, title, country. Easily integrates with Salesforce, new contacts added all the time.

The integration with Salesforce is a time saver, it's one step to have your information at your fingertips. The growth of contacts in many other countries has been a great benefit. Finding where people sit in the organization. Able to set up alerts on specific companies. Employee count is accurate and very helpful.

Andrew H.

"Information is POWER!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see company org charts with contact information, what technology and software a company is using, and what important news or events have taken place. Having this information as you are prospecting is priceless and allows you to be relevant and allows to target the correct people. I also love that it ties directly to our CRM and I can import company and contact information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more step by step guides on building lists and reports. I would also like to know how other users are using Discovery.Org. What are some tips and Tricks?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an incredible and very powerful tool but it is only useful if the user knows how to use it. Start training early and provide follow up training.

I am able to find the correct contact and not have to waste time doing research or going through gatekeepers to get the runaround. I am also able to create new prospecting lists based on Industry or company size.

Lucy W.

"Extremely robust, can access a lot of info"

What do you like best?

Like the title says, DiscoverOrg is extremely robust. You can search from a wide range of criteria all the way down to funding (and filter it even further by time), technologies used, industries, etc. I think what sets DiscoverOrg apart from their competitors is their "Scoops" section where you're able to set alerts (based on a customized criteria that you make) about certain things that happen with the prospect. Their integration with SFDC is amazingly helpful as well

What do you dislike?

I would say training was a little lacking. I still find it semi-difficult to navigate the platform and understand the relationship between account lists, prospecting lists, scoops list, etc. Natively on discoverorg you're not able to click out directly to Salesforce (you can in the SFDC app, but the app doesn't have all the features/functionality of the native one). Ive been able to make DiscoverOrg work for me, but I feel I'm not using it to it's full capacity because of lack of onboarding/training/how robust it can be

Saves you a ton of time on prospecting

Stephen N.

"Secret weapon"

What do you like best?

I love the up to date contact information, the section where it tells you what software the company uses and the selling triggers.

If i plan an marketing campaign that is based on targeted accounts that use specific technologies, I can easily find them, export a list of contacts and use an excel sheet to upload into SFDC.

If an Account Executive wants a good overview of an account, I can generat a company report that makes it easy for them to understand the innerworking and heiarchy.

The solution is feature rich and I learn something new about it on a weekly basis. Always being updated with new features.

What do you dislike?

The tiered system. There are accounts i would like to reach that are out of scope for my licence. Some times accounts are actually big enough in real time but they take a while to update on your end so I miss the bus for a deal.

For instance Canopy growth is a billion dolar company but for some reason I can't view their data. Those guys NEED Opentext.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There honestly isn't a better lead gen solution that i have discovered yet.

It's got all the bells and whistles.

You can even e-mail Elon Musk. I mean, come on people just jump on board!

We solve enterprise business software solution challenges that help companies work more efficiently. Opentext provides a single data repository for documents that integrates beautifully into today top ERP, HR, Finserv and CRM software.

Travis W.

"Longtime ZoomInfo user & now DOrg digger"

What do you like best?

I do like the fact that I can upload from DOrg to my CRM. I also like that there are LinkedIn profile links, that helps me verify persons of contact

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing for me that I feel is lacking is a page widget (idk what the correct term is). But, with zoominfo you could download the widget to chrome. Then there would be a little button in the bottom right of your CRM or Salesloft page that would open up a small pane to the right. That pane would be your active zoominfo research area. Which meant you never needed to leave your CRM to do contact research.

It is definitely a strong prospecting tool that allows for quick CRM updates and uploads. I am able to get a 85-90% accurate financials and tech info (depending on last update to that company's DOrg profile)

Philip H.

"Unethical & Misleading Company - Expensive Mistake"

What do you like best?

I like the IDEA of this company best. It could potentially be a good fit for some companies but certainly is not for us. I also know multiple others that have it thinking they were buying prospecting gold and the value turned out to be far from what was expected. I don't know anybody that has used DiscoverOrg with good results.

What do you dislike?

Very misleading from the first sales person I talked to. I told him exactly what our company does and who we target and he assured me that DiscoverOrg was a perfect fit and had all the contacts we would need. Of course, once I signed my contract, paid the chunk of change and was able to look around, I realized this was not going to be helpful for my company due to the the contacts they had in there. None of the companies we were prospecting were included, and the "Scoops" which were what really made DiscoverOrg seem worthwhile were few and far between, and many of them were outdated. So, when coming up on my 1 year renewal after having spent $15,000 without earning 1 cent back, they told me I was inside of their 60 day auto renewal policy. I understand contracts and the importance of abiding by them, but I think it is extremely unethical to have an auto renew with a 60 day prior to renewal deadline on something with this cost attached to it. I understand having deadlines like this if their can be a vacancy that won't be filled without a timely notice. This is just completely unethical and a terrible business practice. When I tried to cancel, I was told that they would waive my 10% increase if I signed the renewal contract immediately. Now, I see many other people have had the same issues! Wish I had read through customer reviews before purchasing!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make them allow you to look around to make sure there are plenty of scoops that suite your needs and that there are contacts for businesses that would be a good fit for your business. Also, DO NOT get roped into the auto renewal if you want to get out. You have to cancel 60 days ahead of your renewal date.

I have realized this was an expensive mistake and there are far better ways to allocate your budget. You can buy more targeted lists with exactly who you want to prospect for FAR less than using DiscoverOrg.

John H.

"Great Sourcing for Data - Big Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Through the DiscoverOrg Search tab in Salesforce, I am able to almost instantly add a new account and contacts in order to take action more quickly on prospects. This is a huge time saver when incorporating data into an account.

What do you dislike?

Though they claim to be able to update company information on a very regular basis, there can often be contacts and company information that is out of date. This can be easily resolved however through their "fix it" request, with Customer Service having very good response times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a competitor of mine, do not use this software!

My days are now able to be more effectively spent on contacting prospects rather than spending exorbitant amount of time researching and duplicating data from LinkedIn. The fact that e-mail and phone numbers of individuals are included is a massive help when attempting to reach out.

Gregory M. C.

"Analisis de oportunidades de mercado y marketing web."

What do you like best?

Discovered is a tool that allows a deeper analysis of the market, analyzing all the data of the current market, this tool allows us to obtain detailed information of our clients, which allows us to be more competitive compared to other companies that are in our same sector, but do not have a marketing analysis as important as the one we use with this application, with this system we can use more successful marketing campaigns, something that our competitors cannot do, the most significant advantage of this tool is the constant updating of their databases, which provides us with up-to-date information on each of the persons or companies in which we are interested, this helps us to direct the information released, to real contacts, who will receive timely information without going through intermediaries.

What do you dislike?

Something I do not like about this tool, is the lack of information that has companies that are outside the United States or Canada, this system seems to be based only information from these countries, and maybe some information from some countries of the European Union, but the information about companies in Asia or Central America or South America is minimal, and it is not very reliable, normally we work with companies from our country, but sometimes foreign companies that come to look for business partners in America are often involved, so lack that this platform will be to the world, and do not stay alone in North America.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An ideal tool to make a correct analysis of marketing and marketing, obtaining specific details of the people or companies in which you are interested.

With this system we can obtain clear and detailed information about the people or companies of which we are interested, obtaining completely updated information, which allows us to direct our marketing campaigns directly to the interested parties.

Christen D.

"Great Prospecting Software for Marketing & Sales"

What do you like best?

This software has many informational fields to create targeted prospect lists based on role, industry, company size by employees or by revenue.

What do you dislike?

Some of the contact data is not as up to date as sold with many people no longer at the company or not tagged as in the right role. In addition, while the software is sold as an "opt in" with permission, it is clear that some contacts are not aware they are on a targeted list.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider this product if you are looking for ways to jump-start lead generation efforts within marketing and sales. I like how the software allows you to create prospect lists by industry, role and company size. However, be aware that although contacts have opted in to a list, they have not necessarily opted in to your marketing or sales list.

We were launching a new brand and had to build a marketing program from scratch - as we didn't have a marketing list or prospect list to start lead generation email marketing efforts. Although we sent quite a few emails to large lists in the beginning, we have realized higher than average email open rates and click throughs, so we are very pleased with the engagement from contacts within the program.

Reed N.

"An agile tool for sales development"

What do you like best?

Discover.org's software is simple to use. With little to no training a rep can jump in and immediately benefit from their software. I was quickly impressed with their offering, and that was before the training. After the training my brain pretty much exploded with what the tool offered. Would highly recommend to any colleague.

What do you dislike?

My only real gripe thus far (been using the tool for about 2 months) is that after the training where my brain exploded, I wasn't able to use all the cool tools I was shown. They should've started the training make sure we had access to what they were showing us. It took about a week...but my whole team was able to implement what was shown.

It cut the time spent in finding contact information for potential clients. After using Discover.org I realized how much time I had been wasting on finding the right person or that said person's info.

Erik M.

"Good information but inaccurate locations"

What do you like best?

I love that DiscoverOrg gives you a ton of company information, some potential scoops/insights on the company's upcoming projects and validates fairly well that the prospects are still working at the given company. I also love the Advanced Search feature, where you can save an advanced search that's pre-filtered based on titles you like to search for, geography, job functions and more.

What do you dislike?

We have run into NUMEROUS instances where DiscoverOrg lists a prospect as located in California (for example), but they are located elsewhere in the U.S. or even in Europe. We've had several issues with this and it's caused us to step on other offices' toes because we're reaching out to their territory unknowingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use DiscoverOrg for everything sales-related for account insights and intelligence, but I recommend verifying from LinkedIn that the prospects listed are truly in the location in which DiscoverOrg has them marked. Other than that, we haven't had many issues with DiscoverOrg and typically always pull a company profile when strategizing about account outreach.

The primary way we leverage DiscoverOrg is by gaining insights on companies that won't just be from their website to allow for sales teams to walk into client meetings more prepared.

Gregory G.

"Large, easy to navigate prospect database "

What do you like best?

Easy to save and sort prospects

Plethora of advanced search options

Compatibility and ease of use when uploading to CRM

They have the "right" contacts - decision makers from multiple areas of the business

Mulitple subscription options based on what your target market is

Frequent organizational triggers provide talking points and awareness to organizational initiatives

Customize-able alerts

Seamless integration with Salesforce allowing you to view information without navigating to other web pages

What do you dislike?

Occasionally outdated or incorrect technologies

ERP information often includes products no longer used at that organization

Occasional slow performance

DiscoverOrg allows me to grow my prospect base with majority accurate information. I'm identifying the correct people at organizations that I should be prospecting to. It also allows me to confirm accounts already in our system have the right contacts we should be reaching out to.

Avni D.

"Great for information"

What do you like best?

The companies and contacts provided. The great deal of information and advanced search. I would love it to show the growth of companies by location. I love that you can break up your search and drive it down to your location specifically. I can grow my contacts within my linkedin. I love how it has a linkedin tool near the contacts name so I'm able to send them a request immediately. It makes my job so much easier each day. That is what I love the most. Easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the contact information is incorrect. The phone numbers are for different contacts or main lines. It should just state that it's the main line when they do not have the direct dial info. It can also freeze up from time to time. I'll have to exit out to the program and re-enter after I start my new day. It would be nice to use the search for a certain demographic as well. Maybe small business's, women owned, etc... I would love for it to dive in deeper.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Show the growth of business's adding new locations. Location growth.

I'm able to grow my business and expand my portfolio using the contact information DiscoverOrg provides. It lets me narrow down a area, location, city, state, town, and more. I'm also able to find out where my contacts have gone when they've left their current job position within their previous organization.

Eric W.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

The reason we love it is the Ability to uncover scoops and insights along with gathering a better understanding of our clients or future client. By uploading my customer base it alerts me to news for that is specific to them and allows me to build opportunity by knowing more about them. I also like the ability to see like companies and know the data has been verified by the team at Discover. Org. We preach using this tool to every stage an account manager is in, as the information is not static.

What do you dislike?

There was an error that caused me to be locked out, yet was quickly resolved once alerted to my account manager. There was a cost barrier initially, yet we are seeing return based on more use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The amount of data you can uncover from utilizing DiscoverOrg as your BI insight tool can revitalize your customer's experience due to the more meaningful conversation that can be had. Once you make the commitment, the fastest way to ROI is using the tools and getting the entire team involved.

Wider base of contacts along with verifying recent transitions. We took some Aged data and leveraged Discover org to help uncover where the data had shifted either from mergers or contacts moving on to new organizations or changes in email structure along with new contacts into a role change. This is one of the biggest challenge as everyone has change we just have to get ahead of it.

Justin M.

"Business Development"

What do you like best?

The auto search for businesses is easy to use and the portal is user friendly. The contact information is usually correct. Exporting a customer list is also easy to do. I use the advanced search options to navigate and get the correct contact information for each one of my regional directors. We have specific advanced searches to contact specific industries. I would have to do this search individually for each company if I didn't have discoverorg and that would take forever.

What do you dislike?

Once I'm in the company directory. If I go into a specific person information, I have to retype my keyword "security" to find the same list of contacts within the company directory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

none

I'm finding more valid contacts than just doing the research by myself. I use the advanced search options to navigate and get the correct contact information for each one of my regional directors. We have specific advanced searches to contact specific industries. I would have to do this search individually for each company if I didn't have discoverorg and that would take forever. This is beneficial because it cuts down on time. If I didn't have discoverorg, I wouldn't know where to go for contact information. I would need to google search each company and cold call each person and work my way up the corporate latter till I found the correct contact. This would take massive amount of time and time is money in my industry.

Maxwell P.

"Inside Account Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and intuitive use. Tie in to Eloqua is nice. Quick access to LinkedIn profiles directly from DiscoverOrg. The options of fields when exporting a report to excel is very granular, this enhances filtering abilities and the details of a report. The speed of searches and report building.

What do you dislike?

View-able data can be limited based on licenses. Scheduled reports should have option to show newly added data compared to last report. I have a limited territory and I could not find a way to keep my dashboard alerts limited to specific states. I don't want to see news about companies that I am not following or that are not in my territory. We have SalesForce lightning, but our security policy prohibits us from taking advantage of the full integration between DiscoverOrg and SalesForce. A tie in with outlook for notifications or alerts when a followed prospect responds or reaches out would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy the full license unless you only need company data for those that have 1000 employees or more

Locating accurate contacts for marketing campaigns. Learning the Hierarchy of an organization. Understanding recent news reports related to the company. Understanding the details of a business before we sell to them. Helps us to better understand what our Industry knowledge gaps. Keeping our CRM data accurate with new and existing leads and contacts. Knowing when an individual leaves or joins the company

Anna F.

"Very robust product, not always the easiest to use"

What do you like best?

The data is clearly very extensive and I really appreciate the fact that everything is researched by humans as opposed to using various algorithms that may glitch or collect incorrect information. It's great to be able to do a broad search of companies and/or employees and be able to upload the contacts to Salesforce right away, which saves our team a ton of time.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce integration can sometimes be a bit clunky, and sometimes records will fail their upload for an unknown reason. Some of the data has been incorrect, although not very often. The biggest negative is that, because all records are researched by actual people, a lot of smaller companies are missing from the database. Of course the team needs to be most efficient with their time, but it can be frustrating to be paying for such an expensive tool and not be able to see a large number of companies that we are supposed to be prospecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it is an expensive tool, it does seem to be worth it considering how much data we have available to us and we also have access to Scoops, which are insights about current projects/plans at target companies.

We have had a lot of success sourcing both emails and phone numbers via DiscoverOrg for outbound prospecting. The Chrome extension is also a very helpful tool, because it can help us find emails and phone numbers on LinkedIn pages that we wouldn't be able to find otherwise.

Adam M.

"Core Intelligence Tech"

What do you like best?

The scoops, opp alerts, org charts, technology insights and deal predict are invaluable to our marketing and sales organization. We are vertical focused so DO filled a massive gap in our intelligence and campaign planning tech that we were in desperate need of.

What do you dislike?

The handoff from sales to CSM was a bit rocky, but we worked through it.

We are vertical focused and the parent/child company relationships have given us some limitations on data that we would like to see, but in the end we are able to work with our CSM to get either 1) In App data or 2) data through an excel file.

The account reporting dashboards are in process, but would be very helpful as we continue to leverage DO in territory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Does integrate with Hubspot CRM/MAP, which is a bonus for those using those platforms.

We use DO to gather account intel, prioritize accounts within territories and build lists for marketing campaigns based on personas. We have also been able to utilize DO data to break into accounts we have been focused on for quite some time but never had the direct dial information - this has proven amazing for our bus dev team.

Learn more about DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg Videos

Learning about DiscoverOrg?

* We monitor all DiscoverOrg reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(1,764)