ScaleFactor Reviews & Product Details

What is ScaleFactor?

By simplifying accounting and finance tasks, ScaleFactor is changing the way modern businesses manage operations. Our intuitive software makes it easier than ever to manage your business with a few clicks. Daily bookkeeping shows how your business is doing in real time; proactive alerts make it possible to fix small issues before they become big problems; and expense insights show you, at-a-glance, where you’re spending your money. We are mobile! https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scalefactor-insights/id1314976214?mt=8 ScaleFactor Solutions: -Daily Bookkeeping -Expense Insights -Payroll -CPA Reviewed Financial Statements -Bill Pay & Invoicing -Compliance Calendar -Auto Forecasting -Proactive Alerts -Cash Vision

ScaleFactor Screenshots

1-15 of 15 total ScaleFactor reviews

ScaleFactor Reviews

1-15 of 15 total ScaleFactor reviews
President & CEO

"Accounting made simple - Great product, feature-rich"

What do you like best?

The communication from the Scalefactor team has been a real stand-out. Great dashboard and easy to use and understand. As CEO, it gives me quick access to the most relevant financial info. My CFO is in the app even more than me and is a big fan. Also, the fact that it is a tool and an "accounting service" together is quite valuable.

What do you dislike?

It would be good if we could enter vendor ACH information vs having the vendor do it. This would help speed up the bill pay transition we went through. Also, the bill pay is slow. Takes too many days for checks to be delivered.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the service and product. I think you will be pleased. The team we had made all the difference in the world.

Accounting, payroll, AR/AP, pretty much the entire back office. Efficiencies and time savings. One stop shop for accounting and the TEAM there is really great. Kudos to them for hand holding us at each step.

Co-founder & CEO

"ScaleFactor - a complete finance solution for SMB"

What do you like best?

All of our finance and accounting work is taken care of by ScaleFactor's technology and team. Far more than just bookkeeping, ScaleFactor automates all of our financial transactions and gives us a view of how we are tracking in real time. Our small team is free to focus on growing our business, knowing that the financial house in in order thanks to ScaleFactor. SF brings us the tech and team of a much larger organization. The people who work on our account are responsive and do whatever it takes to meet our goals.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about ScaleFactor. Occasionally, there is a feature that is missing or not yet complete, but feedback is quickly incorporated into their tech roadmap and delivered in short order. The captcha sign in experience sometimes fails - something captcha is notorious for.

ScaleFactor handles all accounting work for us: bookings/journal entries, financial statements, forecasting and reporting. Everything from payroll & benefits, expenses and revenue are automated and brought together in one place. SF's CPA staff reviews and adjusts bookings to ensure our financials are accurate. I've reclaimed 12-15 hours per month that can be invested in our customers and revenue growth.

AI

"Terrible responsiveness and timeliness from the team"

What do you like best?

Not sure yet, since I haven't been able to generate any reports or finalize our taxes. It seems like it could be a slick streamlined system if it actually worked.

What do you dislike?

We implemented SF on their assurance that it would speed up and simplify our bookkeeping process. In fact it has been the opposite - 5 months of "integration", and paying thousands of dollars every month, and we still are not up to speed. Sometimes the team would not even look at our file for a week or more, and not respond to messages that are sent several times. Wondering if anybody is alive over there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would not recommend ScaleFactor at this point. They have cost us thousands of dollars without producing a single report that is useful or needed for us. We have not been able to close our books nor file taxes. Their team takes days if not weeks to respond. Meanwhile, we are continuously billed close to three thousands dollars every month ... for what?

We have been trying to solve timeliness of reporting with our financials, but have not realized any of these benefits.

Response from Hannah Crutchfield of ScaleFactor

Hi Harold,

Customer happiness is our number one priority, so please know we take your concerns very seriously. We spoke with the onboarding team and they have reached out directly to address your concerns. Thanks again for your feedback and we appreciate your business.

Account Manager

""Bookkeeping made basic - Great item, include rich""

What do you like best?

The majority of our money and bookkeeping work is dealt with by ScaleFactor's innovation and group. Unmistakably something other than accounting, ScaleFactor computerizes the majority of our money related exchanges and gives us a perspective on how we are following progressively. Our little group is allowed to concentrate on developing our business, realizing that the money related house in all together gratitude to ScaleFactor. SF presents to us the tech and group of an a lot bigger association. The general population who chip away at our record are responsive and take the necessary steps to meet our objectives.

What do you dislike?

There is next to no to loathe about ScaleFactor. Periodically, there is an element that is missing or not yet total, however criticism is immediately consolidated into their tech guide and conveyed quite promptly. The captcha sign in experience some of the time comes up short - something captcha is famous for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a shot and realize that they comprehend what they are doing. They've fabricated their group by drawing in and procuring individuals who aren't just specialists in their field for example bookkeeping yet in addition they have a heartbeat on what's happening in some random industry which can prompt extraordinary guidance for your business.

ScaleFactor handles all bookkeeping work for us: appointments/diary passages, fiscal reports, guaging and detailing. Everything from finance and advantages, costs and income are mechanized and united in one spot. SF's CPA staff audits and alters appointments to guarantee our financials are exact. I've recovered 12-15 hours out of each month that can be put resources into our clients and income development.

Founder & President

"ScaleFactor should be the standard for accounting - Fantastic product, better service"

What do you like best?

My company has only been around for a year so I have had to wear just about every hat under the sun. Because of that my fear has always been not having enough time to focus on every aspect of the business. Since working with ScaleFactor I have been able to focus on other areas of my business such as growth and know that the most important aspect of our business (finances) are not only being attended to but with my input being front of mind. The constant upgrades to the website and user portal has changed the way we will look at forecasting and bill pay from here on out. The team does an incredible job of not only keeping me up to date with the latest features, but they also do an amazing job of explaining the new features and never offer something that doesn't directly pertain to my business.

What do you dislike?

This is only because I have to answer because I truly don't dislike anything about ScaleFactor. That said, if I had to mention something then I would say the iOS app is the one thing that is lagging behind the rest. I also say that knowing good and well it's still in the early stages and the progress they've made since rolling it out have addressed every issue I've had thus far so I am more than willing to be patient with the app. It's going to be be an incredible addition to the platform as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a chance and know that they understand what they are doing. They've built their team by attracting and hiring people who aren't only experts in their field i.e. accounting but also they have a pulse on what's going on in any given industry which can lead to incredible advice for your business.

The new cash vision feature is really going to change the game for my company. For months I've been wanting to find a product or create a true forecasting process to give us true projections based off of the current and future business we expect to bring in. This is tough for a company who's only been in business for about a year and I had brought that up with ScaleFactor and how cool it would be to be able to generate projections for all sorts of different scenarios and sure enough it's here. The benefits thus far have been invaluable. I am now able to get a good idea of how many employees we can add to the team over the next year as well as factor in us moving into a new office space as well. Not to say this could not have been done without the cash vision feature, but with the cash vision feature I know it can be done the way in which I want it to be and with a team reviewing and confirming all of our data.

President/Sales
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Absolutely Awesome! "

What do you like best?

The people. The team at ScaleFactor is excellent. I am a scatterbrained business owner and they are extremely patient and thorough with me, everyone seems very happy to help, I never have to worry about bugging them.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't had an issues yet. I suppose not living near the HQ, I lose the ability to have the face to face with them, but they generally do video conferences so that helps a lot.

Payroll, Taxes, Invoicing, Bill Creation and Vendor Payments. This has saved me a lot of time and they are experts in the field, so I don't have to worry about screwing something up or paying something wrong.

Founder & CEO
Insurance

"Technology-based accounting with a personal twist"

What do you like best?

I like that everything runs easily and automatically. ScaleFactor focuses on automating the menial tasks so that we can have more meaningful conversations about growth and the state of our business.

What do you dislike?

I usually bypass the ScaleFactor portal and just go straight to the programs they help me manage. I couldn't do it without them though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely recommend. They are very friendly and helpful and do a great job of explaining tricky accounting concepts. Having clean books is a great investment for company's looking to grow.

ScaleFactor keeps our books and accounting up-to-date and is a good advisor for tax issues and reporting as we grow. As we've grown with ScaleFactor, we've started to use more of their services--including payroll, sales tax reporting, and others. It's nice as a business owner to not have to hassle with these things.

AC

"The Best Decision We Ever Made for Book-Keeping!"

What do you like best?

I love the customer service and having multiple people working on our finances.

What do you dislike?

They use an app to streamline communication which I love however sometimes it can be hard to read who sent the message and follow along.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The on-boarding process was a little bumpy but they made up with it with their excellent customer service.

We have gone through three book-keepers. First, we hired a local freelancer. Second, we tried hiring an accounting firm that was going to do our taxes to also do our book keeping. When that didn't work, we finally hired a freelancer online through Upwork but she was very slow. When Scale Factor reached out to us, we were highly skeptical of their approach and also the cost that they were quoting to us. However, after being on-boarded, they took over managing our payroll and migrated it from Quickbooks to Gusto. They also helped us manage our book keeping with the daily reconciliations. All of a sudden we went from spending a lot of time compiling our financial data to actually reviewing it and making more effective business decisions.

Co-Founder & CEO
Internet

"The daily reconciliation has changed our life"

What do you like best?

Not only is scale factor's team and support top-notch, but their ability to utilize machine learning in order to provide daily reconciliations has been a game changer. No longer are we waiting on monthly or weekly reconciliations to have an idea of the direction our business is going. Every day, our team reviews past performance in order to keep ourselves in track, which is imperative, especially for an early stage startup.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. It's a great team with a great product. Their iOS app is early stage, but it's unique in the industry and has made leaps and bounds since we came on board. Eventually it's going to be a very valuable tool for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a shot - I think it will be worth it, especially if you were coming from one of the larger online bookkeeping firms (we have tried 2 of the larger ones prior).

As mentioned, the ability to reconcile in near real time has been invaluable. We had no idea how helpful this would be, but it's really changed our ability to steer the ship.

Founder & CEO

"ScaleFactor's customer support is mind-bogglingly good"

What do you like best?

They won't let you fail. Literally. When deadlines are coming, or my attention is needed on something, they make sure I know and take appropriate action. They tell me how long "my job" will take, so I know when to squeeze it in. And they take feedback EXTREMELY seriously. Not only do I never have to worry "is my accounting taken care of," they're helping me be proactive on stuff I would never otherwise be able to do, like forecast revenue and make hiring decisions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that matters. Some days I dislike the dollar amount they show in my bank account...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to their team for 15 minutes and you'll realize how passionate they are about solving your accounting problems.

They make it so my books are clean for potential investors, and I can monitor exactly where the company's headed. They make accounting something I never have to worry about, except when it's helping me be a better CEO.

"Look Forward, Not Backward"

What do you like best?

ScaleFactor has a great dashboard with hooks into Bill.com, QuickBooks Online, and Xero amongst others. It does a good job of making it easy to see everything at a glance, update entries, manage team member expenses, and communicate with your ScaleFactor team.

What do you dislike?

It is still early, but nothing thus far. It has everything I need. Looking forward to checking out the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to the ScaleFactor team. They are very knowledgeable.

ScaleFactor helps me to actually use bookkeeping to measure our progress and to manage the business with an eye towards the future instead of spending time on the books only to look at our business historically. The dashboard makes our numbers a living, breathing part of our business, not just a necessary evil to complete the end-of-month reconciliation.

Sales Manager

"ScaleFactor - wonderful helper."

What do you like best?

ScaleFactor helped us automate all our financial transactions and the ability to track in real time. After all bookkeeping has been processed, accurate profit and loss reports are provided each month.

What do you dislike?

We used this software a little bit and during this period of time we were not able to identify for us the minuses, except for the price, i think it is a bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If such a price does not scare you afford, then I think it is worth a try.

We used this software to handle accounting.

Banker

"Short review."

What do you like best?

Scale Factor abolished all work with accounting. He has automated the management of all financial operations of our company and now provides the ability to track them in real time and provides reports at the end of each month on profits and embezzlements.

What do you dislike?

This product has been provided to our company recently and no cons have been found. However, it has a high price.

We manage the company's finances and create reports on financial movements.

"Perfectly adequate for outsourced accounting."

What do you like best?

Large team means I don't have to worry about an in-house person taking a day off.

What do you dislike?

Responsiveness can be a little slow sometimes, and questions take a while.

As a small company I had one bookkeeper. If he got sick or took time off, I had no one. Scale Factor gives me access to a team.

US

"Scalefactor is great!"

What do you like best?

Customizable one-stop shop for your finance and accounting needs.

What do you dislike?

That their team isn't colocated with ours :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Business operations, especially on COGS side for smaller product companies - what additional supporting infrastructure is needed (inventory, etc) to ensure accurate accounting processes.

Load of accounting and financial reconciliation on our team - nice to have a trusted partner support this for a smaller company.

ScaleFactor User Ratings

8.6
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.2*
* Small-Business Accounting Category
Do you work for ScaleFactor?

ScaleFactor Categories on G2