Lattice Performance Management

Lattice Performance Management

4.7

Lattice is a continuous performance management system including performance reviews, real-time feedback, goal setting and one-on-one tools.

Work for Lattice Performance Management?

Learning about Lattice?

Lattice Performance Management Reviews

Ask Lattice a Question
Showing 283 Lattice reviews
Lattice review by Jacob  W.
Jacob W.

"Great Software for Performance Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see my team's feedback over time and easily navigate to the areas that are most utilized. The summary you get upon logging in is a great way to get to the important notifications quickly!

What do you dislike?

Some of the screen elements seem to be too big. I think there is room to add more elements on the screen without having to scroll too much just by making elements a little smaller. So maybe some UI improvements can be made?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked for companies that have rolled their own performance management, and I have to say, this product definitely fits the bill.

I like being able to communicate with my superiors easily through this tool, as well as manage annual performance evaluations and feedback seamlessly. It gives me the opportunity to communicate with my team in such a way as to keep the conversation between team lead and coworker private but effective.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Lattice Performance Management
Lattice review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"Best review and goal tracking software we've used"

What do you like best?

In the 5 years I've been at my current company they've gone through 3 different review and goal tracking solutions before finding Lattice. This is our first year using Lattice and already adoption is higher than our previous solutions.

There are almost no barriers for end user adoption. Registration was simple since set up an SSO. For those completing employee reviews only we were able to email out a short Job Aid. Completion of annual reviews went much faster than previous years.

We are also seeing departments rapidly adoption the ability to create and track OKRs in Lattice.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks great, but I've found when going down the rabbit hole of OKRs linked to goals across departments that it's easy to get lost. A few times I've had to go back to the main OKR page and start my dive over to figure out where I am.

So far we're using Lattice for employee reviews, feedback and goals across the company. Select departments are moving forward with tracking executive and director level OKRs with plans to expand across other levels.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Lattice review by Tamas V.
Tamas V.

"Great to manage performance in growing teams"

What do you like best?

The feature I like the most about Lattice is the Updates feature as this puts you in a routine of self reflection about the work you've been doing through the week. Usually we forget about everything that have happened and we are in a rush going through weeks and week, this really makes you stop and think what has been happening. But for this to work properly I recommend looking into how can you make sure you ask the right questions.

What do you dislike?

I think what needs a bit of improvement is the way you can access and download the information from the platform. Downloading in bulk your Feedbacks could be a nice feature to have so you can take notes or write down action points on the feedbacks you want to take forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend trying it out with larger teams or with companies having a larger organization structure. I think this product shines the most for these teams instead of small groups that are at the beginning of the company's journey.

I think the major business problem we are solving is the way our team interacts with each other. Giving feedback and praise for the actions we do for each other or for specific jobs that team members deliver greatly is very easy to do through the platform.

This also brings a different culture to the team, where we appreciate more each other and our actions, leading to a more harmonious workspace, leading in the end to performing better and reaching our goals.

Lattice review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Lattice Helped Us Scale!"

What do you like best?

I love how Lattice allowed me the ability to review my 5 direct reports in a quick yet meaningful manner - without Lattice, we were all over the place and we all dreaded the review process. Also the weekly one on one function is AWESOME!

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the goals can be odd to update and complete - wish that UI / UX was a bit more thought out. I also think that the one on one feature could be better utilized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET THIS PRODUCT!! I think any company not using this product is missing the boat on how to actually manage the workforce they employ. While I'm not 100% read-in on the pricing structure for this product, I've heard that the negotiations went well and we were able to secure the use of this product for an extremely reasonable fee and it was a no-brainer to for us to start using immediately! For companies looking to get a handle on goal tracking / consistent and transparent review cycles / meaningful one on ones / general overall wellness of the workforce - this is the way to go!

We solved the ability to all get on the same page in regards to our reviews and goal setting. Also, the weekly updates allow us to track how things are going from a productivity standpoint. The annual and bi annual review process was such a drag before we got Lattice up and running.

Lattice review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Excited for some change!"

What do you like best?

I love the sleek design and the easy to use functionality of the website and app. It is easy to understand. As an employee I feel confident and excited that I have an area specifically meant for my growth and professional development. It makes me feel heard and cared about. I feel more inclined to track my work and to discuss those things with my supervisor.

What do you dislike?

At this point there is nothing that I dislike about Lattice. We are currently in the trial point and are just starting to implement the product. At this time it seems like a great tool that will be very beneficial but we will have to wait to see more long term results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice is a great tool to track employee goals and progress. It also has great options in order to write notes and be more collaborative in the feedback and review process. As an employee I feel that I have more of a voice with this platform and am better able to communicate my needs and struggles with my manager.

We are using Lattice in order to solve the issue of more regular feedback and having a way to store that information in order to be able to refer back to it. The benefits primarily include more intentional feedback, goal setting, professional development and more open channels of communication. Those are the benefits that can be immediately recognized but who knows the full potential!

Lattice review by Brittany M.
Brittany M.

"Reviews done right!"

What do you like best?

Prior to using Lattice, I was used to 'paper/pencil' reviews... taking place annually and really never a thought given to performance until that dreaded performance review day came. Lattice has changed the way I think about reviews - offering ways to praise staff and share the great work their doing where the team can see, break down the review process into quarters and make it a focus for our work, and the user experience is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

It's tough to think of anything that's a drawback to Lattice - as a user (not on the purchasing side or purchasing decision), I love using the product. Perhaps the only drawback is there is so much depth to the tool and knowing there's untapped potential. But excited to continue with Lattice and learn all of it's amazing capabilities!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Working with 3 different performance review types (paper/pencil, education, etc.), this is by far my best experience!

As a fairly new startup, Lattice is the first tool we've used for performance reviews. It's been a great opportunity to structure reviews, but also provide flexibility in how we provide feedback, who's giving feedback (360 reviews vs. 1on1s), and the ability to make feedback consistent, timely, and growth-minded.

Lattice review by Taylor G.
Taylor G.

"Humanizing HR - What's not to Like? "

What do you like best?

Lattice makes it easy and fun to provide useful feedback to colleagues, set up 1:1 meetings, and track OKRs throughout the quarter. My team has visibility into what I'm working towards each month, and it's great to have a cohesive system of record for things like goals and manager meetings. The UI is intuitive, clean, and simple to use, which means I can spend less time navigating, and more time getting things done. I'm a huge fan!

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes difficult to make changes to settings in Lattice (for example, reminders about an upcoming manager meeting). The "Not started > In Progress > Complete markers are sometimes unresponsive, or don't behave the way I'd like them to in certain cases. Sometimes there's a lag between providing feedback and seeing it in our Slack Channel (though I'm confident this is an issue with our webhook, and likely nothing to do with the Lattice setup.

Colleague feedback can be so fleeting, and though it's great to hear how you're doing firsthand, it's even better to be able to save feedback, look for trends, and bring in excerpts during 1:1s and promotion conversations. Having a place to guide me on goals and set up tasks for meetings is also a huge benefit of this platform.

Lattice review by Kate R.
Kate R.

"Easy on the eyes, the wallet and the brain"

What do you like best?

I like that Lattice keeps things simple. We all know how employees tend to dread performance reviews, but Lattice gives you an easy way to keep not only your regular review process organized, but incorporate ongoing feedback from anyone within the company. One of the best features is the collaborative 1:1 agendas that carry-over week to week. It's a very simple solution to keeping employees moving forward and assessing progress.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that is a true downside of Lattice. Their customer support has been nothing but proactive and positive and they provide so many tools to help you get the most out of the product. Throughout the entire purchase and implementation process, the team would ask us for feedback and what we want to see next. I think their team is working aggressively to serve their customer base.

We're systematizing our performance management process and will eventually be using it for even more long term career development planning and tracking. So far, the whole team loves the product and finds it very easy to use. This is huge for us as managers have some of the least margin for added work or learning new, complex tools.

Lattice review by Catlyn L.
Catlyn L.

"Easy and Impactful!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of the platform! My manager updates Lattice with personal, team, and company goals that help me visualize progression towards goal. My manager and I also use it for our one on ones. Having questions relevant to the week and having that guideline of questions/answers make for productive one on ones!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform can seem too simple. My first time trying to create a goal was difficult because the process wasn't what I thought it should be, but once I did made sense just took some guidance. Also with the updates, if my manager wants to change a question prior to our one on one and I already filled it out it is hard to go back and change questions on her end and doesn't let me update new questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice is a great tool that is easy to use. It is interactive and gives employees a place to visually see their performance and how they are progressing towards goals. Having visibility into goals for the company is super crucial when it comes to a running a business and the same goes for individual goals.

We use it internally to keep updated on goals and for updates prior to manager one on one meetings. Being sent a reminder to fill out my questions prior to the meeting with my manager makes it easy to remember and gives us a solid guideline to make best use of our time in our one on ones.

Lattice review by Olivia V.
Olivia V.

"Wonderful platform to manage and track performance "

What do you like best?

Previously, when managing meetings, expectations, goals, and growth, we were scattered across different platforms that were difficult to manage, update and find. We switched so often it was hard to look back on specific processes and see what goals I had completed or hit and which I had missed. Now I have one place to easily view this. I can also hold my manager accountable for doing prep for our meetings and make sure we both have a to-do list to work off of each time we connect. We also are using Lattice to keep the company up-to-date about how we are doing overall and have connected Lattice with Slack so we can see live updates. It rocks!

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is the text editor. It is a bit funky and will often not save formatting. For example, bold text becomes regular and regular text becoming bold. Very difficult to actually format text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have tried many other tools and combinations of tools in the past and Lattice has allowed us to completely replace all of these. It is worth investing in it and not trying to hack several different solutions together.

I am using it to manage expectations, goals and growth plans between my manager and myself. We are also using it to increase company visibility and communication. Lattice is our record of truth for any updates surrounding company goals and how we are tracking towards those goals. Instead of using several different platforms to manage this, we now have one place to view these updates.

Lattice review by William D.
William D.

"Strong Platform for Self-Assessment/Employee Review"

What do you like best?

The Lattice interface is clean and easy-to-use, with little exception, and as a first-time user I would be happy to recommend it to other VPs with SMBs who are interested in giving people in their employ an option for self-review. The log-in option through Google makes it super simple to get going and the data input itself is seamless and tidy.

What do you dislike?

The only downside I can think of is that, because I pasted my answers into the web fields from a Word document, there was some data loss/change in the transfer -- I had to go back in and clean it up a bit. Also the submission step wasn't 100% obvious because a banner was blocking the final button, though that may have been an issue unique to my screen configuration and not Lattice, so please take that criticism with a grain of salt.

The core problem we are trying to resolve is simply that we lack any formal structure for employee reviews in general. Past iterations of this element of our business have included mainly one-off write-ups and informal lunches to discuss position and potential but this gives us a new way to attack the issue. Streamlined and consistent results for tracking and promotion should be our reward here; it's underway!

Lattice review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Team and company updates made easy "

What do you like best?

I love being able to see the status of our quarterly goals at a glance and see where I might be able to offer someone else help on a goal across the team or company.

It make it really easy at review time to offer feedback and praise team members for their work.

What do you dislike?

The functionality for 1:1 could be a bit more robust but it is still hugely valuable to have a place to write topics to discuss in those meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will get out of it exactly what you put into it. Make sure all of your status reporting comes from the updates in lattice and your team will start to use it and see the impact that it can make.

We are tracking our team and company OKRs for each quarter. We can easily pull information for our company wide meetings and see if we are on track or where we need to support others so easily.

Lattice review by Angela  X.
Angela X.

" Lattice offers a comprehensive performance review platform"

What do you like best?

It's easy to read and comprehend. Each question doesn't take a lot of time to reply, thereby making the whole system easy to follow. It's also a great way to review a colleague and provide a standard system for reviewing someone's performance and have it be tracked. I would suggest using Lattice for its' user friendliness and ability to compile quarterly reviews in one site.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally too many options to choose from on the spectrum. I would add a way for answers to be compiled in a way that doesn't necessarily give away the person who's reviewing you. I find it difficult to remain honest in providing feedback when I don't necessarily wish someone to know where the feedback is coming from.

It's a way to provide feedback in a honest, efficient, and productive way. I think it's a strong way for someone to review their own feedback and create a way to grow based on the feedback. I suggest offering courses from Lattice that can improve areas of growth. And based on reviews, I wish there was a way to create a performance plan or growth plan to improve for the next quarter and foreseeable future.

Lattice review by Brad D.
Brad D.

"Game changing"

What do you like best?

I love how it can just stay out of the way but still be there when it's needed, almost invisible except for when you really need it. My personal favorite feature is the feedback feature. It gives a transparent way to provide and request feedback from my employees.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the lack of drill down into my direct reports direct reports in an easy way. I would love to see a view inside of lattice that gives me a bubble up the report of all of my team members even if they aren't my direct reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret switching to this product. If you find keeping track of one on ones, employee feedback and updates a headache, lattice will solve this for you and make you actually look forward to managing these aspects of your role. If you are NOT a supervisor, you will love this product because it helps keep you organized, make sure you're asking the right questions in one on ones and getting the most out of your supervisor's time.

Employee engagement is absolutely a business problem that we are solving with this product. Using the survey feature we were able to establish a baseline upon which to gauge the success of future experiments on improving employee engagement.

Lattice review by Lei G.
Lei G.

"Great for managers and providing feedback on stakeholders"

What do you like best?

- Very easy and simple to generate 360 reviews of reports and gather critical feedback for performance reviews

- Really easy to use tools for managers to provide different levels of feedback to reports every stage of professional development

- Customizable weekly status update requests from direct reports allows me to tune it tune example what the roles and tasks of my team.

- Reminder emails for status updates automatically sent to reports allows for easy reminders to keep track

of weekly progress and overall progress towards performance reviews

- Makes soliciting feedback on my own performance from stakeholders very intuitive.

- Integration into Okta makes signin a breeze

- Integrated with our HR system such that new HR initiatives to improve team moral or gather feedback for new incentives are easily actionable

- Integration into Slack so real-time alerts are easily accessible from my daily workflow

What do you dislike?

- There's not much to complain about from a functionality standpoint. Everything works as expected and is easy to use.

- I only encountered one bug/issue with the tool where a solicited review for a peer was not being accepted through the product and the error was confusing. I was able to easily work around this by directly writing a review

- Clear and open communication with reports and cross-functional teams to keep track of professional development and weekly tasks.

- Reduces workload when it comes to gathering weekly team progress

Lattice review by Charis D.
Charis D.

"Lattice has changed the way we view performance management"

What do you like best?

The platform itself is extremely user-friendly, so besides the ease-of-use and being visually appealing to the eye, Lattice offers an abundance of resource content. Content I've been able to share company-wide. On top of that, the training I've received from the Customer Success team has been outstanding. It's evident they believe in their product and want to make sure their clients get the most out of it.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I'd like to see added is a downloadable version of the org. chart within Lattice. If you want to look at the whole company, you have to zoom out which makes the icons too small and hard to read.

We've never done performance management well, that is until Lattice. Part of our problem was not having a platform that helped facilitate our communications and review process. Lattice will be a one-stop shop for us. The resources Lattice provides adds a ton of value to us as we look to be more "feedback-oriented" and helps us reinforce our communication architecture.

Lattice review by Danielle  P.
Danielle P.

"Great system and service! "

What do you like best?

Lattice is easy to use, navigate through, and understand. We've been a customer for a while and they not only listen to feedback but implement changes. The customer service is honestly some of the best I've ever experienced. My questions are always answered and if we have any issues (rarely) we see steps to resolve them quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Lattice. As I said before, when we've had issues in the past- we see changes quickly. If I was going to be picky- I'd love to be able to see the org chart in a different view but the one they have is useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it- worth it!

We used to be in an incredibly clunky system that made doing reviews daunting. Managers would be reluctant because compiling feedback was cumbersome moving from one page to the next and often losing parts of the review they had written. Now, we have a much higher rate of getting reviews completed and on time. Also, as an admin- the set up is easy and quick with the ability to make changes if you've made a mistake.

Lattice review by Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.

"Fourth Month Using Lattice - Completely Satisfied"

What do you like best?

My company has been using the feedback, 1:1, updates, goals, and review features for four months now. We previously did not have a performance management tool in place so the introduction of Lattice has been a night to day switch for us. I find value in all of the Lattice features but my favorite part of the product is their constant product development. It seems like every week there is a new update to the platform that always seems to be exactly what I wanted (even if I didn't know I wanted it!). The platform is already perfect for our needs, but every week it becomes even more impressive and responsive to customer feedback.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing significant that I dislike about Lattice. Every time I have sent over suggestions about small things I would like to see changed in the platform (something like a change in the default date range for goals, or the labels for goal priorities) I have always received a thoughtful response from my Lattice representative on if they have also heard the feedback from other clients and a guarantee to pass it along to their Research & Development team. I have even seen a few of those features developed in the months we have been using Lattice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Lattice is the perfect platform for any organization implementing a performance management platform for the first time, their responsive customer support and clear onboarding structure was a key to success in our implementation.

Weekly updates with a sentiment score have given us a "pulse" on the organization that we never had before. Implementing monthly reviews has also made us more purposeful with the passing of time. The additional structure to 1:1s and feedback has brought a more positive and open culture to our team.

Lattice review by Katrina H.
Katrina H.

"Eliminated Annual Performance Reviews"

What do you like best?

The personal support we received during implementation was helpful, appreciated and rare. Hanna listened to understand the internal program/process we were looking to develop and then made recommendations on how we could use Lattice to support our objectives. When Lattice couldn't do something we wanted, she sent our suggestions onto product development, making us feel like our opinion mattered.

What do you dislike?

I wish we did not have to use scored attributes in order to get more robust reporting. In the absence of robust reporting, Hanna has worked to extract the information we need, building out pivot tables and making recommendations for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the resource of your implementation specialist to help you take your program objectives and align them with what the tool can accomplish. Ask the tough questions and don't be afraid to make recommendations.

We threw the annual performance review process out and instead have developed an employee owner development program that is focused on engagement, alignment and development. The system supports on going feedback and a culture or recognition. Plus, it has a GMail plug in which was a huge win for us!

Lattice review by Alyssa L.
Alyssa L.

"Easy to use and manage, great for performance tracking"

What do you like best?

I like the simple usability of Lattice, and that it's intuitive and organized well. The program is easy to use, and has straightforward tutorials to teach users.

What do you dislike?

I would've said in the past the question of anonymity in providing feedback to a peer, but that option is now available on Lattice. Lattice allows person A to provide feedback about person B to their supervisor, and person B does not see who provided the feedback, only that supervisor does. This allows some employees to be more comfortable providing feedback, but as it's known to the supervisor, keeps things honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend small to medium sized companies (and perhaps large ones) definitely implement using Lattice for tracking performance and thus opening the communication channels between direct reports and supervisors more easily. The program is very organized, intuitive, fun to use (in my opinion), and also allows you to review your past updates, your feedback received over the past from peers/other employees, and I love that employees can provide feedback at any time, not just during the annual, formal performance reviews.

Performance reviews are managed in Lattice by my company, and we have utilized them for yearly reviews as well as 30, 60, 90 day reviews for new employees. Overall, employees can provide weekly updates to their supervisors about how they're feeling, and it's been instrumental in recording progress and sentiment over the year to document (in an organized fashion) the challenges and wins an employee experiences.

Lattice review by Jeremy R.
Jeremy R.

"Very effective, not disruptive in my day-to-day work"

What do you like best?

-The automatic saving of my draft, in a safe environment. Indeed when I write somebody else's review, on one hand I really don't want to send a draft by mistake, but on the other hand I don't want to loose my work. I feel like the current framework let me do both safely.

-The emailing is effective, and only warns me when I need to do something, without "spamming" me.

What do you dislike?

Maybe it would be nice to have the ability to know how many persons already wrote your review, so you don't wait anxiously for your final feedback to be ready. Maybe something like: "2/4 persons wrote your review, stay tuned for final results".

As an engineer, we use lattice to perform peer reviews. It help us determine if the probation period is successful, as well as if employees are performing well and should get rewarded.

Lattice review by Samo S.
Samo S.

"Get the whole team on the same page!"

What do you like best?

We love the Feedback functionality, which enables our team members to give praise and constructive feedback to each other. It does wonders to our office atmosphere. Goals are also a great way to follow every team member on their main tasks for the quarter, month etc.

What do you dislike?

We would like to have more flexibility with some of the settings, for instance time zones, e-mail reminders etc. Those are apparently in the pipeline, looking forward to it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! There's a free trial available and the support is great!

We are trying to get the whole team and each and every employee on the same page, unify our company vision, company creed, gather insights from everyone and thus continue to grow at a fast pace we have been maintaining for the last couple of years.

Lattice review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"A Great Product for Teams!"

What do you like best?

The ability to send positive reviews to teammates - it's a simple and very effective way to let other people know they've done a great job and bolster morale & support.

The goal management is pretty good overall - setting concrete goals with specific end dates and milestones are great for helping teammates work out where they want to go and how to get there.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UX could use a little work (e.g. completing a goal requires finding the right menu button to do so, there are no context clues to do that). Otherwise, it's pretty great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up the whole system, it pays off

Setting goals for team members helps each person grow and helps them monitor their progress easily. This and other features are great at promoting membership and keeping team members feeling good about their careers.

Lattice review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Great system, user friendly"

What do you like best?

Lattice is a great system that works very intuitively and is a huge value-add for someone using KPIs or OKRs. It's a clean interface that allows myself and my team to stay aligned without dreading updating Key Results along the way.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I don't like as of yet, but admittedly my company is probably not using 100% of it's capabilities. One thing that may be beneficial is further sub-sets of key results and being able to break down goals into both time-based and goal based (as in allowing us to break down a quarterly sales goal into monthly or weekly segments to show what the pace is).

We were using BetterWorks previously which worked fine, but was not intuitive. The main problem was that no one was going in to update their goals because of the system, which this interface has solved for us.

Lattice review by Cassie M.
Cassie M.

"Lattice - Helping You Help Yourself"

What do you like best?

I love that Lattice is able to easily help me set, monitor, and maintain my goals, as well as receive feedback concerning my progress. Lattice has definitely been instrumental in me maintaining my goals, as well as allowing my supervisors to set, track, and follow-up with my concerning goals they have placed for me.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything bad to say about Lattice, and that is rare for any application that I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For others considering Lattice Performance Management, I recommend getting started as soon as you are able to. Lattice can be a big help for goal setting, tracking, and completion, as well as for communication.

I have been able to solve the issue of having a set place to discuss goals without them being lost in the shuffle of other streams of communication.

Lattice review by Jack K.
Jack K.

"Straightforward, simple, and functional"

What do you like best?

Lattice makes it easy to see general progress on overarching goals, as well as drilling down to specific sub-goals, lending it excellently to OKR-format goal tracking. Feedback cycles are simple to run and easy to complete. The interface is clean and minimal; it knows what it's trying to do and doesn't overreach.

What do you dislike?

Nag emails for goal updates can be somewhat overbearing; UI for indicating completion can be somewhat confusing but recent updates have made this less of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's clear, simple, and knows what it's about -- if you're looking for no-frills, performance-centric tracking, this is a great choice.

Personally, Lattice makes it easier to keep my eyes on the overall goals I'm moving towards without feeling overpowering or drink-the-kool-aid-esque, as some other performance tracking products can unfortunately tent to lean toward. When enabled, it's exciting to see what people around the company are working on and what we're moving towards as a company in general.

Lattice review by Charles P.
Charles P.

"Limited experience with Lattice, but I like what I've seen so far."

What do you like best?

The ability to easily provide and receive feedback from my teammates. I also love having clear goals that I can track with my manager. If you can measure something, you can manage it, and Lattice allows the company to measure things at a macro level while allowing employees to measure their progress at a micro level.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there's anything on the platform I dislike. The email notifications aren't excessive. The UI is solid. I never felt lost while using it and it was very careful to let me know that my answers would be final on my self-review and peer-reviews. That actually helped me realize I needed to go back and rewrite some answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to educate your company before implementation. Also follow up with departments that haven't made full use of the software.

With a small team, it might be do-able to deal with all of this yourself. But as your team and expecially as your company grows, it's helpful to have services like Lattice help keep track of things like feedback sessions.

Lattice review by Lorena Stephanie S.
Lorena Stephanie S.

"Lattice will change the way your employees interact"

What do you like best?

- Feedback Feature: This changed the way people give feedback and praise each other inside the Organisation. After a presentation or a synergy meeting, people proactively request feedback to each other - also you have the option to give it public or private.

- Weekly Review: Every week, I have the opportunity to review the accomplishments of my direct report (team members) and also my manager can review how was my week as well. One very interesting part it's that now we can understand the "team mood", because everybody can rate how was their week.

- Monthly Review: Every Month you can customise a survey to your direct report for their performance review and also can add some personal development question. This create a culture of accountability and transparency!

- Setting goals and updating goals: For sure one of the most useful features is related to the goals setting, each employee can set update their goals in the platform - It can be an individual goal or project goal, they just need to tag the responsible, also you can set goals based on percentage and other metrics, which makes the progress really clear.

If you use Slack in your company, it's great because the integration is really easy!

What do you dislike?

- Mobile version: Lattice still don't have a Mobile version, but I believe is coming soon according to their Customer Support

- We are an International Organisation and we work from different locations in the world. We found some difficulties on updating features while some users were in China, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the beginning we were really hesitant about working with an People Management Platform, because the RoI was not clear, but we really believe that manage our people in the best way possible will lead us to great results - and it was exactly how Lattice helped us.

- Team Management (Weekly accountability)

- Culture of Feedback (Inside of the project team but also to peers and to anyone in the company)

- Performance Review

- Goal Setting

Lattice review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Easy to use and good for business"

What do you like best?

Often, with systems that one uses only once a year, they're hard to navigate and frustrating to use. Lattice is easy to move around, and I've never had any trouble getting done what I want to.

What do you dislike?

I'd be interested to know how Lattice can show up in my day to day work. this is the biggest challenge with goal management, but I feel very "fire and forget" about my use of lattice at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Performance Management tools are only as useful as you make them. This is a well-designed system that will let your users do whatever they need to, but that will only impact their work if you design internal systems to maintain accountability, reward success, and demand growth.

A system for collecting and distributing feedback that protects confidentiality and prompts comprehensiveness is more or less what we're using Lattice for, and it does a great job

Lattice review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"Great tool for creating a culture of feedback"

What do you like best?

Really like the public functionality for feedback and goals. This allows us to create a culture of feedback. It's also nice for us to have transparency into who everyone's manager and reports are.

I like that I can see other people's goals. This gives me a good sense that other people are focused on personal/professional development and also helps me use them as a model for making my own goals.

What do you dislike?

Our company has a functional hierarchy with product teams ("squads" in the Spotify model), and I have 1-on-1s in both directions. Currently Lattice only allows me to track 1-on-1s for my direct reports and not across the product teams. I'd also be interested in sharing private feedback to both someone and cc their direct manager.

We haven't had much traction with the goals feature yet. I think maybe the push to update is not happening frequently enough. There could also be more "soft" functionality - not new features but more of a user experience around the features that already exist e.g. on the creation screen, explain what a good goal is and how the process of achieving a goal should look like.

In terms of tracking whether regular feedback has a positive impact on performance, Lattice's 1-on-1 management has helped me reference back older 1-on-1s that have happened in the past to detect trends or common problems.

Culturally we're hoping to create a company where everyone is comfortable giving and receiving feedback. I think both having the 1-on-1 monitoring and public feedback sections are really great.

Lattice review by Oliver H.
Oliver H.

"Simple yet powerful tool for instituting feedback culture."

What do you like best?

Simple, uncluttered interface, and easy controls for requesting and giving feedback. Since we've started using it they have added additional critical features like auto-saving, and it has become a central tool in our feedback culture. I also like how you have the option for several different types of feedback (e.g. public, private etc) - many in our company have embraced this and we have the public feedback broadcast on a #celebrate Slack channel!

What do you dislike?

Hard to see who you've already asked for feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Healthy companies with good retention can only exist if employees understand how they are performing, have open and honest relationships with their peers and managers. We have used it to kickstart our feedback culture and provide a transparent and comprehensive view on what people are doing great at, and where they can focus their improvement efforts.

Lattice review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"A great management system"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have a space to communicate directly with my manager without having to set up a physical meeting during the day. It helps save time. If there's a concern, then we can address it in person.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was the option to have updates be bi-weekly instead of weekly - our team here is only required to do them bi-weekly, but since they show up every week on here it makes me forget when I need to do them sometimes or feel like I missed a week. So having that options would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give this a go -- its a great tool for managing goals and providing updates to management.

I think problems that we're solving are ones that may not otherwise be brought up verbally. I think that it can be easier to verbalize some issues or feelings via this platform and the schedule in-person meeting to discuss these things further.

Lattice review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Transparency & Efficiency"

What do you like best?

We've used a number of other providers for people management. Either the program was too robust and adoption was low amongst employees or it lacked the capabilities we were looking for. Lattice hit a sweet spot for everyone. Plus it was easy on the eyes for everyone to appreciate.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find what I dislike about the software because it's easy to use. Before implementing this company-wide we did have some customization requests. All were handled by the team at Lattice

Providing feedback amongst peers and from management was becoming a challenge for a growing company. Systems that we had in place worked for a 100 employee company but as we scaled and have now grown to a +300 staff our systems need to scale as well. We've noticed an increase adoption rate from all staff. Most of not all of our employees are using Lattice on a daily basis

Lattice review by Meg S.
Meg S.

"If Lattice was a match on Tinder, I'd swipe right"

What do you like best?

I love how simple yet effective Lattice is. Loving the automation and forms. No more weekly reports using word docs! No more google forms! No more endless questions that feel unrelated or trivial. Submitting updates and setting goals are super easy but my favorite feature by far is the Feedback section. I love being able to give public or private feedback (because not everyone likes being publicly hyped up) but also being able to use #praise in Slack for quick shout outs throughout the week.

What do you dislike?

As this product is relatively new for me, I do not have any problems as of right now. I do, however, feel like I am under utilizing the Objectives section but I think thats just from needing to learn how to use it effectively for my own needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Probably better and easier than what you are currently rocking with...

Lattice provides my supervisor with the information he needs about our weekly experiences within the company. Its hard to meet with large teams individually throughout the week so this makes checking in easier. I am able to let my supervisor know how I am doing, what I am struggling with, and how I need help all in one form. Its also great to see my progress with the company with each weekly.

Lattice review by Ana-Alicia S.
Ana-Alicia S.

"Individual, Team and Company-wide Goal Management"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the interface of Lattice in how you can view the goals all in one place, it is easily identifiable with color related to your tracking (progressing, off track, on track), as well as chosen visibility to my peers and / or Manager. I really enjoy the weekly reminders to update goals, as well as the weekly reminder my manager has in place for me to fill out. I am able to look back on this during the week as a sort of to-do list in some ways, but also conceptualize big picture what I have set out to do and have not / have done already over time. It is a practical tool! I like how Lattice can integrate with slack and remind me of updates to do. There is a great chat feature as well with individuals who are attentive!

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to sort goals alphabetically or by due date when on the Dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo! This was helpful in having our Peoples team connect new managers for a training on how to use it. Very helpful!

I am able to set actionable goals, log progress -- whether it be a count of action items, subgoals to my major overall goal -- and share them with my Manager in a clear way that I don't need to hawk over as much as I would a GoogleDoc or such. The largest benefits would be feeling on track with my goals, as well as seeing other peers setting their goals. I am able to think about the role from a different perspective (something that may not come up in just everyday conversation) so it is helpful to have that insight, especially since there are more than 1 employee in my position. We recently switched from using GoogleForms to using Lattice for our company-wide 360 degree reviews. It was nice to see information compiled all in one place and have questions be standardized across the board in such a tool. Visually it looks so much nice and great integration of using team building throughout the year now all in one place, alongside reviews!

Lattice review by Adam V.
Adam V.

"Wonderful interface, great impact"

What do you like best?

The Lattice interface is incredibly good looking and easy to use. As an employee, I actually enjoy using the software, which is a nice change from many of the other tools I have to use.

Functionally, I really appreciate the reminders to set an agenda for one-on-ones with my manager. I have used the goal functionality to track professional development goals, which is a helpful way to asynchronously show my manager what I am working on.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot set my own job title, but that's all I can think of. Otherwise, Lattice seems to be a great tool that does exactly what it needs to do.

I didn't implement Lattice (I'm an end user of Lattice at my company). The benefits I have seen are more focused one-on-ones, useful and easy performance reviews, and easy tracking of professional development goals.

Lattice review by Kameron  B.
Kameron B.

"Great Tool and Asset for Every Company"

What do you like best?

I love that I can give weekly updates to my boss in a quick and easy manner. I also love the chance that I can review other employees and see feedback that others have given me. The goal function is great and I find the weekly reminders to update goals very useful.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have yet to find something that I dislike about Lattice. I have yet to access the full potential of Lattice, but from what I have used and accessed, it has been great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth trying. I have been extremely happy with it and found it a very useful asset in our company. It has been a big value add!

We now have a place to keep all of our peer reviews, goals, and weekly updates all in one place and available for anyone in the company to quickly view and access.

Lattice review by John H.
John H.

"Great for creating alignment and visibility with your career manager."

What do you like best?

It's been helpful to have a single place to go to discuss career development with my manager. The base functionality built in – goals, metrics, 1:1s, and updates – do a good job covering the way career management works at our company. Email reminders help me stay on track and stay accountable with my goals.

What do you dislike?

My only minor complaint about Lattice is that I've run into bugs with their scheduling system. Sometimes I've had to reschedule a meeting with my manager, or we've had to change the cadence of our check-ins, and even though I update the schedule in Lattice the appointments and emails don't update correctly.

I credit Lattice for helping me make progress on some difficult-to-measure career goals that I'm sure I wouldn't have accomplished otherwise. Making my goals visible to my manager and team was a big motivator.

Lattice review by Muhammad D.
Muhammad D.

"Great for managing personal career goals"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all the goals that I've made for myself while being at an organisation. It's also really helpful that I get reminders whenever a certain goal needs to be updated. Not only do I update the goal, it also server as a reminder that I'm on track and am performing according to the pace that I originally set out with.

What do you dislike?

The UI can sometimes be a bit confusing and hits the UX a bit. This isn't to say that it's cluttered, it's actually really good, but some more helpful tips and interactive tutorials would be a good addition to an already awesome platform!

Lattice provides my team lead with the data he needs about our bi weekly experiences within the organisation. Its hard to meet with big teams one on one every other week so this makes checking in easier.

Lattice review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"The Lattice made the latest review cycle much more efficient for me and my team"

What do you like best?

The workflows and interface in Lattice are much more logically designed than other solutions I've used. You have all the pieces of information you need right at your fingertips. Straightforward steps and email communication on what to do. Plus integration with our single signon, it really made it easy. It's also great that they are actively improving it. The initial markdown formatting was a bit clunky, but now they have normal WYSIWYG formatting.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but it'd be great if it was easier to download an in-progress review for presenting to the employee before you submit and finalize, and also see a character count.

Performance management is very important at good companies, but it's always an overhead. Streamlining the process means our teams can get reviews done efficiently, and get back to our actual jobs.

Lattice review by Lauren Y.
Lauren Y.

"Great Performance Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

Lattice has an easy to use, clean and simple interface. We were looking for something that would be a lighter tool compared to what we previously used. When I surveyed the team post-reviews, they all liked Lattice better than the former tool we used.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to say here. When I have feedback for the team, the Customer Success team and Support team is always willing to take feedback and suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A really great and easy to use tool both on the admin and user end. The Customer Success team and Support team has been quick to respond and listen to my feedback.

Lattice supports Rainforest QA with our continuous career development. We've been able to identify high performers and areas of focus for our team. The Rainforest QA team has been using the updates, check in and goal features as well even though we did not roll these features out to the team. It has been amazing to see the organic adoption from our team.

Lattice review by Heather D.
Heather D.

"The best for small and medium organizations"

What do you like best?

I've used 5+ performance management solutions in my career, and Lattice is by far the best for SMB companies. It's easy to administer, clean user interface, and is the first solution that hasn't caused a ton of confusion/complaint across the team come performance review. I would strongly recommend it over BetterWorks and Small Improvements.

Though our company primarily uses it for performance reviews, I like that it offers 1:1 meeting and goalsetting functionality. I also really like the team behind the product, it's clear they practice what they preach in terms of high performance.

What do you dislike?

I wish it offered more integrations with other tools. One feature Reflektive has that I would love to see in Lattice is a Gmail integration that allows managers to keep notes on team member achievements and developmental opportunities as they come through in email. That said, we still selected Lattice over Reflektive due to its total offering and match to our company's needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a strong proponent of Lattice, but it's important to think about company stage of sophistication of product needed. I think Lattice as it stands today will work great for us until 500 people, and my hope is that the product evolves with us (I am confident it will), so that by the time we require an enterprise product, they meet those needs.

We are using this product to ensure our team members have transparency and clarity on their overall performance and an opportunity to talk about long range career goals. This is a critical piece of our Career Development pie, and the results certainly show in our team's satisfaction in the area of career growth.

Lattice review by J.P. C.
J.P. C.

"Great for a business that's scaling up"

What do you like best?

So many things! The system is intuitive and has a good knowledge base. It provides a variety of options for use and customization. Most importantly, the constant improvements and great responsiveness to feature requests has been outstanding. Scalability was another feature we were looking for, and again Lattice meets that need for us.

What do you dislike?

We did have an issue with integration with another app and having to troubleshoot between both vendors was a little time consuming, but I would quickly say that the support from Lattice wasn't lacking at all. It was a unique situation (and up until this event integration was fine) so it's not something that could have been in the knowledge base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lattice's customization is great for organizations looking for greater transparency and those seeking a shift towards more up-to-date performance management (versus the traditional retroactive model), but is still structured enough that you won't get overwhelmed in the process.

Deployment is always important for any new company-wide system, and we received an appropriate amount of support and training for our admins and managers, who then rolled it out to the team.

Make sure you have someone to champion the use of the system to ensure engagement and prevent dissuasion due to lack of training or understanding the larger performance management concepts that Lattice only facilitates.

Previously, our performance management was across multiple systems, and with the consistent growth with the company it was becoming burdensome. With Lattice not only is our PM centralized into one primary system, the availability and options such as 360° reviews and feedback has allowed us to customize the system to meet our needs.

Lattice review by Ted S.
Ted S.

"A great system for connecting and aligning the workforce!"

What do you like best?

I love the transparency across the entire organization: the victories, the trip-ups, and the alignment for all staff on what's important right now and in the coming months.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions, the 1:1 module won't bring over the prior 1:1 talking points. This is rare, and might be a user error. Besides that, no dislikes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other solutions seem to be doing one thing. Lattice is useful because it completes the picture - OKRs, performance management, and 1:1 meetings.

Many folks were not sure what the most valuable efforts were, so people would just "work" but not work on what was important. Now there is no question as to what is important, and where we need focus our energy!

Lattice review by Edward A.
Edward A.

"Lattice is a premier peer review service."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Lattice Performance Management has to be the level of engagement that can exist between two individuals. You can remain anonymous if you'd like or allow people to take in your feedback and reflect on it later on. Also it isn't just management reviewing you it's your peers and the people you work closest to who get to let you know what they think about your hard work.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say at the moment I haven't found anything wrong Lattice. It helps keep our company organized and on one wave length for submitting peer reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance and your expectations will be met.

The biggest problem we are having is having a place to store detail reviewers for employees to reflect on and be held accountable.

Lattice review by Brent A.
Brent A.

"Consistent management is good management"

What do you like best?

The consistency. There is a cadence, and this cadence and consistency ensures that employees and their supervisors maintain constant feedback.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit difficult to familiarize with everything on the platform since it covers a lot of breadth. It also is not as effective without internal incentives or expectations ensuring that management use it effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that incentives within the organization are aligned around using Lattice. Installing an app does not make for good management. Using it as a framework to enforce consistent, good practices is where Lattice shines best.

I enjoy getting 360 feedback that I can act on, and to use it to synchronize with the rest of the company's efforts through OKRs.

Lattice review by Rosie D.
Rosie D.

"Incredible Platform! "

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Lattice is how productive it allows my one on ones to be. I am able to plan out my meetings with my manager well in advance which allows our time together to be efficient.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to select something I dislike about Lattice as I have only been using it since January of this year. It could be beneficial for the feedback to feel more conversation instead of a message board?

I am able to encourage my colleagues in the work they are doing and receive and give constructive criticism in a safe environment. My favorite benefit is the quarterly reviews and being able to implement feedback into my next quarter.

Lattice review by Alex H.
Alex H.

"Simplicity Meets Depth"

What do you like best?

Lattice is super user friendly, straight forward and helpful in generating deep meaningful reviews. In addition to the platform we received incredible coaching and personal touch including a Lattice employee (she was fantastic) coming to our office to present and other documents and guidance on what to think about and include. The entire process makes it clear that the goal is specific in depth feedback, rather that platforms that involve checking a few boxes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't much not to like. Maybe some example answers could be helpful?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the in office training if possible. Wonderful to have guidance from someone external and someone who knows this stuff well.

Identifying specific accomplishments and actions that fit into our mission, identifying areas for improvement and defining concrete steps to work on them in the future.

Lattice review by User

"Lattice is an outstanding tool for performance management "

What do you like best?

Lattice provides structure, sets ups a framework for performance management. I love to have a unique single space to keep track of and show my tasks, their status, comments in a collaborative well-structured format. Find the user interface intuitive, especially for 1:1's and quarterly performance reviews. In daily activities, I appreciate notifications which allow you to rely on the tool even if something skipped your mind. It feels you can fully rely on Lattice for performance reviews.

What do you dislike?

Love everything about Lattice actually. However, there is always room for perfection. For me initially, at times it was not clear how to manage permissions and notifications for the tasks in an optimum way. Also the steps to take to manage a task in the most optimum way seem not that obvious at first, however, it is not that much of a downside, but I'd rather say that I'd need to sit down and read the support materials thoroughly or contact support in case something stays not so clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, recommend applying Lattice Performance Management tool. However, you need to be focused on getting to understand all the features to be able to use it to the full extent.

Problems: planning, reviews, collaboration, project management

Benefits: Time management and optimisation

Lattice review by Gay C.
Gay C.

"Lattice is amazing!"

What do you like best?

Since our company started using lattice, I like the way I can keep on top of my goals. I also like the way that I can get reviews from my manager regarding my performance. It keeps me on top of my job and what I need to work on.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't anything that I have disliked. I am still implementing my goals on lattice. The timelines for the goals may be a bit confusing at times. But if it's a 6 mos or a yearly goal...it seems easier because you can update your progress periodically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to stay in touch with your employees that make work different hours. Good way to give them feedback as to what they need to work on and to congratulate them on a job well done.

Business problems, since I work a different shift than my manager, it seems that we can keep in touch more through the Lattice application. She can give me feedback that I can see when I come in on the nights I work. Also I can see when my next meetings will be with her.

Learn more about Lattice Performance Management

Lattice Performance Management Videos

Learning about Lattice Performance Management?

* We monitor all Lattice Performance Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.