Yardi Voyager Reviews & Product Details

What is Yardi Voyager?

Yardi Voyager is an end-to-end platform combining financial and property management information in a single, centralized database with mobile access to execute leasing, provide resident services, view dashboards, and complete tasks from smartphones and tablets.

Yardi Voyager Screenshots

Yardi Voyager Profile Details

Yardi Voyager Profile Details

Yardi
Description
Yardi is dedicated to the design, development, and support of real estate investment management and property management software. They offer full business solutions for every real estate market, including multifamily, single family, affordable, public, senior and military housing as well as office, industrial, and retail market segments.
1982

(5001-10,000 employees)
Most Recent Yardi Voyager Video Review
Real Estate Services Administrator
(10,001+ employees)

"Big Player For Property Management "

What do you like best?

I love how quickly you can upload invoices in addition to the ease in which you can run a report. The coding is easy and the program has enough complexity that you can run most of the aspects of your property management from the same place.

What do you dislike?

Yardi isn't very intuitive and I think it could benefit from a more user friendly interface. You have to do a bit of legwork to configure its functions which consistently ends in me contacting customer support for help. I also think that it does not do a good job continuing to grow and match the new features offered by other property management software such as the inability to compare invoices while coding. It is also weird how there are different pathways for different

Yardi helps me manage our properties through lease administration and accounts payable. It has been fundamental to getting this important work done.

Property Manager

"A One Stop Shop Resource"

What do you like best?

Yardi Voyager is a versatile software that makes Property Management much easier. It allows us to keep track of work orders, payments, lease expirations, and much more! I would highly recommend it! Yardi Voyager also works well in conjunction to other Property Management programs like Aptex for example. You can access and print applications, notices, leases, and work orders with ease.

What do you dislike?

Because Yardi Voyager is a "One stop shop" it can be a daunting software to learn. Once you have learned the ins and outs of it you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to provide adequate time and training for users. The program can be overwhelming to new users.

Yardi Voyager keeps tenant and property details condensed and organized. It provides solutions for organization, processing of violations and notices, and pay history. It stores templates so you can avoid the use of unsanctioned materials throughout the company.

Leasing Specialist

"Makes my day go smooth"

What do you like best?

I love Yardi. It helps us keep resident information in order and gives us easy access to everything we need. I'm pretty sure our company uses a really old version but I still really like using it and how helpful it is.

What do you dislike?

When multiple people are doing certain things, it functions very slowly. I don't know if it's just coincidence but it also gets really slow after 6pm when our day "ends"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the extra money for a newer version!

It's like a one-stop shop. Everything we need is right here in one place. We had to go without it for a couple days and really couldn't even work.

Marketing Coordinator

"Has Everything You Need"

What do you like best?

Using Yardi as our platform for our property management company has been helpful, from my positions as the receptionist and marketing coordinator. It provides all the reports and resident/prospect info that we need. I'm able to view our list of vacancies depending on how I'd like them sorted and view details. It is also simple to use. When I started as a new employee, I was able to pick up the process quite quickly and navigate different menus with ease. I like how it has options to export any reports, whether you want excel or pdf; this makes a lot of things easier for us when we use Yardi reports daily or weekly.

What do you dislike?

I guess aesthetically, the platform can be better or more attractive. I think it would also be helpful if there was a search function that would pull up all the memos from various residents that have the same keywords. This way, we can analyze recurring issues that may be affecting more than one resident.

We are using Voyager for basically everything so we are solving a lot through it. We use it as a file storage, means of communication, data analysis and pulling up reports... so much. Uploading a lot of our resident files onto their Yardi profiles also allows us to be more eco-friendly and save space in our corporate office since everything is digital and very easily accessible.

UF
(10,001+ employees)

"Useful Property Management Software for Accounting Reports"

What do you like best?

My team uses this software for the accounting at a few of our properties. It is nice because you can enter and approve invoices, run reports, and track projects all in one place. It is pretty easy to navigate and not a difficult platform to operate.

What do you dislike?

We do not use this software as a "one-stop shop" like many pm teams do, so there isn't much to dislike about the accounting functions that we do use it for. However, there are a few funky glitches that are quite annoying at times. For example, it you open an invoice to look at, code, approve, etc., you have to hod down the command button when closing it, otherwise it locks all other users on Yardi out from opening it until you log out. This has become frustrating when the property management team is doing stuff at the same time the accounting team is and we end up locking each other out of viewing specific files a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall, really nice and easy product. They still need to work out the kinks with things like getting locked out of viewing different items if you don't close them while holding down the command key, but other than it is a very solid product for streamlining accounting processes.

Yardi has made A/P much easier and more efficient. We are able to utilize address books, set up vendors and other information from various ownerships in our portfolio all through one platform when using Yardi. It has also made the process of invoicing much more manageable because managers, accountants and A/P specialists can all be on using the platform for their tasks simultaneously, streamlining the overall process.

Resident Services Manager
Real Estate

"Makes things so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of it all. The training modules are also super helpful for when you are just beginning. Creating and editing charges is so simple, I could do it with my eyes closed. I love being able to search for people using both their first and last names. Creating batches is very easy as well. Overall, I've had good luck using Yardi. It seems to make my job a lot easier currently which I really appreciate!

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't run into anything that I don't like! It has made my life at work so much easier than it was

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the training modules!

We switched from a different software to Yardi and it has made my job so much easier. What used to take me hours now takes me half the time! And it's actually enjoyable because it's easy to understand and I am not constantly getting frustrated with the software. We found that it's really easy to track charges, who inputted them, when they were added, etc. etc. which helps us audit

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Review of Yardi Voyager"

What do you like best?

It's best quality is that it is basic. It's pretty easy to figure out things by exploring functions and buttons. They also provide training material for harder functions that you might need.

What do you dislike?

This some what goes against what I mentioned about, but there are a few functions that are not that easy to find. Reports for example - yes the reports function is easy to fine - but then figuring out which report is which is a sea of reports is a lot sometimes.

We previously used AMSI, so in terms of beneficial, it's simply beneficial because it's all around easier to use and more reliable than AMSI. We use Yardi Voyager at our student housing properties - which allows us to simply charge rent, move them in and out, charge violations and fees, and enter their paper work smoothly.

"Not bad if you have good training"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to read and for the most part is clear when it comes to finding what you need. The software will let you know if you are doing something wrong before you submit it which is nice if you are in a hurry.

What do you dislike?

I think it has a lot of unnecessary drop down and steps to get reports that you need. I wish that it had a better scheduling system that was easier to read. It won't remind you of anything, you just have to go in and check anything you need to do for the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will be easy if you have the correct training on it.

We have all of our residents in the system, it keeps us organized. There is no way we couldnt have a software like this at my job.

"Works, if you know how to work it"

What do you like best?

Lease administration, rent roll, AR analytics, etc are all straightforward

What do you dislike?

So our company is using the old version (6.0) and literally we can only use it on Internet Explorer. I spoke to our IT guy and he said that the reason why we haven't upgraded to Voyager 7s is because of how costly it is just to upgrade. To top that off, it's also highly likely that a lot of time will be spent on translating the data so that it displays properly on the new version.

I've used Yardi 7s at my old company and it's a bit nicer but has some things that make administrative work quite taxing when inputting data.

It's efficient enough to house all our data and automate weekly AR reports.

AI

"Yardi for Property Management all in one solution"

What do you like best?

Yardi's customization abilities are second to none. Because of the SQL Language it's written in and it's integration or simple Word documents to pull information via tokens from the database makes it a robust and customizable platform. It's integrations with hundreds of vendors and online systems make it a complete prospect to tenant management system. Accounting is detailed and in depth providing fully featured analysis of finances

What do you dislike?

Because it relies heavily on SQL as it's database, there is a steep learning curve to customize the software. It's not for the average user. It doesn't have drag and drop reporting. There are numerous modules that can make the platform expensive and bloated. Upgrades are bi-yearly so glitches and quality of life enhancements are slow coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To get the most bang for your buck, become a SQL expert. It's integrations with it's online payment system, Rentcafe work but you feel like they are two seperate companies that don't talk to each other.

If you have enough staff to administer Yardi, it can be great but it's not meant for a 1 or 2 person IT staff.

We use it to manage 700+ commercial and residential units. We track the entire life cycle of a tenant from prospect to tenant. We use it to collect online payments, maintenance requests, and provide owners in depth accounting financial analysis.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The custom reporting feature is my favorite part about leasehawk. You can make custom reports for prospects to see when you should be following up with them per their move in date ect. If you contact them, they can make different reports for you. For example we wanted a report to be able to see garage history that we could not previously see.

What do you dislike?

Where I would like to see improvement with Yardi is being able to make credit card payments in any browser, and a history where you can see all notes from interactions with the resident. Easier Access than a memo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start to use and think of different reports that they can create for you that would be beneficial to your company.

We have wanted a better way to follow up with our prospects, which is why we converted to leasehawk. We are now switching over to Yaridi CRM to make it easier for our employees to have everything in one spot.

"Yardi is a great tool in property management "

What do you like best?

I like how easy Yardi is to navigate and the fact the basically all of the administrative tasks needed to perform my job as a property manager can be done through the system. It is also convenient because other systems such as LeaseHawk and RentCAFE sync with Yardi, making my job that much easier.

What do you dislike?

I would say the main thing I dislike is how sometimes certain functions do not work on certain browsers. I also think it can be king of confusing how administrative functions can be done in more than one way. I think this overcomplicates everything. Especially, when communicating functions to co-workers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have someone walk you through the system and not just get thrown into it.

I am not completely sure what this question is asking. I would not say there are any particular business problems we are solving using Yardi. If there was that would be something my superiors would know more about. The benefits are clear, they allow me to do my job as a property manager effectively and efficiently!

"Yardi Voyager"

What do you like best?

Yardi is great for consolidating a large real estate private equity fund of various investments. Easy to book journal entries, record equity movement, and run summarized financial reports at various levels throughout our structures.

What do you dislike?

With complicated fund structures with varying degrees of legal entities in org chart structures with varying ownership percentages, Yardi can be very finnickey in cascading and consolidating/rolling up financials at the correct percentages for each entity in each deal structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend lots of time in the design phase of setting up the system in order for it to function properly upfront rather than poorly designing upfront and having to book lots of manual journal entries to force the system to work for your needs.

We use Yardi as our firm-wide financial reporting system to import the books and records from the properties into which our funds invest, and use Yardi to consolidate those books and records through our various legal org chart structures to ultimately arrive at consolidated fund-level financials.

Sales And Leasing Consultant
(Myself Only)

"Not better than Appfolio but you can manage"

What do you like best?

This program has the basic essentials but is not easy to use. It kicks us out conintuusly and is difficult to search for specific items on the persons page. It is not good when you have to search specific information because it only pulls up the main person on the lease and then you have to give up when trying to find additional occupants.

What do you dislike?

everything. I was used to using appfolio with my previous company and switching to yardi has been awful. Very slow and not an efficient program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system is older and not great.

This is a very basic system for keeping track of financials and tenants. This system, however, is not user-friendly. Not many benefits to be had with this program.

Accounting Assistant

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Once you learn the functionalities, it is very easy to use. The way you can run certain lists and export Excel files is great!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to import Excel files to create payables. It would be nice if it had a feature to import bank transactions like Quicken does too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have someone who knows it well to explain it to you. There are certain small actions that need to be taken to complete tasks so it is nice to have someone very familiar with it to show you.

All accounting problems are solved through Yardi. It is very easy and simple for multiple users to access everything together. It is very easy to collaborate with coworkers.

Tax Accountant II
Real Estate

"Useful Property Management Software "

What do you like best?

I currently use Yardi Voyager to run accounting reports. The software is very easy to use, and it is not difficult to navigate the various menus. I like how reports can be easily converted to excel.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to learn all the attributes that you can assign in Yardi. I only use Yardi to run trial balances. I wish I knew more about the attribute features for running reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yardi has a help site, but it is not very widely known. Yardi should promote the site to help users.

Yardi allows me to run accounting reports which allows my team to book tax accruals.

"Yardi Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this software is customizeable. Our current software does not allow us to do many things that we need done, particularly things that need to be automated to save time. We are still in the process of implementing Yardi into our new software of choice, but so far we are excited to start using it to improve our business.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the interface so far. I am hoping I will get used to this over time as I realize this tool needs to be effective, not pretty. However, coming from Appfolio which was very much easy on the eyes, Yardi seems a bit like looking at a spreadsheet during work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any property management software, make sure that this product is right for you and your business and worth the switch. Transitions are difficult if you are a larger company with several properties to manage, but this tool I believe functions best for those businesses that are continuing to grow.

The largest benefit for sure is the automation of tasks. I want as much of my day to day tasks to be automated as they can so I can focus on more important things that are simply routine in most aspects.

UA

"Decent software for the accounting side of property management"

What do you like best?

Its user surface is very user friendly and once you get it you can fly. There are different modules handling different accounting perspectives, but they are all following a same logic under this software, so once you get one end, you are very likely to be a master in another end. And I really like the off-line practice option (forget how they actually call it). With the function, you could try out some thing you want with mirrored

off-line data and see how it turns out without messing up real data. If the tryout works fine, you can then do the same thing to the real data, if not, the real data is still intact and you can find another way.

What do you dislike?

It does require some proper training on use of the software. And some mistakes you made may not be easily fixable, though most of them are. And you have to follow certain rules to be able to run report in the right format. But again, once you get it, you can fly and the help function sometimes is very useful for you to explore the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reliable software that can achieve a lot of functions

Property management for accountants and property managers, and it integrates the accounting side and property management side of work together.

"Thorough software for experienced users"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of functions within Yardi Voyager - it can be a one-stop shop for all of your property management needs.

What do you dislike?

The design is not intuitive. I find myself having to click around the tabs to find what I need. Voyager is only able to be accessed in Explorer, which can be quite slow comparative to Chrome. We use it in conjunction with Entrata and syncing resident information can sometimes take 24 hours, which slows the leasing process down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have used Yardi in the past, you may find using Voyager easy and intuitive. For those who are used to Entrata or OneSite, I would recommend staying with those as they are more streamlined and have a cleaner design.

Yardi Voyager is used mostly for work orders, move-outs, transfers, and resident ledgers.

"Fantastic!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, and doesn't require an expert to navigate. Everything is in one place, and it's convenient to find everything you need at the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

It can run a bit slow at times, and makes it difficult when you are trying to run something in the moment, or when you have a guest waiting for something. It can be a bit difficult to find things sometimes with the new upgrades, but once you get used to it, it's great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be patient, and give yourself time to learn the new system.

Everything resident related we are able to use with ease. Email, rent roll, delinquency, it's all in one place and we don't have to go searching for it most of the time.

Commercial Property Administrator
Commercial Real Estate

"Easy to use, Very Helpful!"

What do you like best?

The easy to use system is great for both residential and commercial communities. While it does get slow and log out quickly, I love the multi-platform use this offers.

What do you dislike?

Frequently the page will freeze or be slow, and the automatic log out can get quite annoying.

All of my properties are located in one database. From accounting, to management, to payscan. It is a great system with so many tools.

Marketing Director
Real Estate

"Another Giant Software Company for MultiFamily"

What do you like best?

Their reporting is great, far superior to most other multifamily housing software I’ve used previously.

What do you dislike?

Their customer support is so slow. It’s impossible to Get things accomplished timely but I’ve found this to be true for many company’s this size. Also customization can be a huge struggle or you will just pay a lot in order to be able to customize your own data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The functions that work well are accounting. I have used other competitors and honestly it is a challenge to find a product specific to the multifamily industry that can do everything you need.

They handle all major functionality needed in multifamily, reporting, amounting, leases, etc.You definitely need a property management software to be successful, so I just wish they would listen to the feedback and make changes.

Systems Engineer

"Solid property management/ERP"

What do you like best?

Yardi offers an integrated application to manage properties, employees, residents, and maintenance requests. The interface is simple to use and understand. The web-based and hosted nature of the application makes it incredibly easy to use. The mobile apps are very clean and easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

The configuration and setup of Yardi is difficult at times. Yardi will perform system maintenance and fail to inform the administrators of this before it is done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yardi is more geared toward multi-family/apartment style housing. The single-family module was clunky and difficult to use. The most recent update of Yardi made single-family easier to manage.

We have been able to establish a single location for rent, lease, and maintenance management. Residents are now able to apply online for the home that they wish to rent without making the trip into the office.

"Yardi Voyager"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that it is an internet based platform that makes all aspects of property management more streamlined. we can have electronic approvals set up so that eliminates alot of back and forth with invoices.

What do you dislike?

there isn't much I dislike about Yardi...I feel it is very user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend their product

In my current company we are using Yardi for accounting purposes.

AF

"Average Product"

What do you like best?

Love that you can run several reports on this platform, the ease in drilling down in the data is great as well. There is a lot you can do with this that all integrate together but you also have the option of just selecting a couple things as well. The possibilities are endless.

What do you dislike?

It feels old, the whole layout is very basic and while the information is great I think there are more intuitive ways to do the same stuff. I do think with some updates and bringing the look more into the future would greatly improve the retention of use and ease of training new people to not only use it but also be able to see the vast amount of possibilities there are with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say if you want a platform that is widely used and been around for a long time this is well worth looking into as an option. It's got a wide range of stuff you can do with it but you're not locked into using it for everything if you don't want to.

We used this platform mainly to track rent and expenses, the reports we could run for quarterly, yearly, and even monthly items and drill down to see the variances and discrepancies in income vs expenses and to be able to plan ahead and see what we may be missing. Great product with endless possibilities.

Chief Controller
Real Estate

"Yardi Vouager - Powerful"

What do you like best?

Yardi Voyager has very solid AR and AP functionality. I really like the Commercial Cafe and the ability for the tenants to make pre-authorized payments via ACH or credit card.

What do you dislike?

I wish the canned analytic reports came out formatted better for presentation. The report headers from the Analytics are weak.

Yardi allows for quick monthly posting of tenant charges, which makes the AR process very efficient.

"very helpful for managing residents ledgers/reports"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can check all residents ledgers, and there are so many reports that help with running the business and keeping track of finances. It is perfect for a multi family property management company. You can run reports for: unpaid rent, prepaid rent, directories, traffic logs, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a faster way to post things such as late fees to unpaid residents. At this time, you must charge them up individually, in bulk, in order to apply the charges. It would be nice to be able to choose one charge code (i.e. latefee), and somehow auto-apply the latefee to all units that have unpaid rent at the time.

I have realized that it is a great benefit to be able to look up resident information and ledgers electronically, rather than always having to pull a physical file and manually search. It is faster and much more efficient with Yardi.

Leasing Consultant

"Simple, to the point and it does the job"

What do you like best?

So, at my company we use a super dated version of Yardi but even still-it does the job so well. Keeps everything in order for us and gives us a "one stop shop" for any information we may need.

What do you dislike?

My dislike is only that our version is super dated but I think that lies within our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Any property needs to be using Yardi, the software will make your job 100x easier

Security of personal information and ease of charges, leasing and application management

UR

"Easiest Property Management Software"

What do you like best?

Yardi makes managing out properties so easy. I enjoy that the dashboard lets us know our leased and occupied percentages so easily, and accounting is a dream. I've worked with other softwares that have not allowed me to credit back to the charged account and it becomes a nightmare on the financial report. Instead, Yardi allows me to correct those mistakes and create a paper trail for our leasing team: IE a waived late fee doesn't disappear but shows as a charge and then a credit so staff know that the resident has utilized their one chance. We also can pull any reporting easily to search for what we would like to know.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the notes section is difficult to see while on the resident page. It would be better if the team was able to see notes written without having to click to another tab while they're on the phone speaking with the resident.

Monday reports go such much faster with Yardi! I'm able to easily pull the information in ways that other property management software did not allow me to.

UR

"Very Disappointed with YARDI's implementation and customer service support"

What do you like best?

We have been a YARDI software customer since the 1980's starting with YARDI professional and the software worked well for our needs.

What do you dislike?

After upgrading this year to Yardi Voyager 7S, we have had nothing but frustration with the YARDI implementation team and customer service. The employee turnover at YARDI is staggering and after seven months of paying for the software, we finally obtained a business analysis which discovered that YARDI had assigned us to the wrong implementation team; residential, not HOA Management. I would not recommend that any HOA management company select or use YARDI software or products based on our experience with their customer service and support teams. It has been a most disappointing and frustrating experience for our entire management team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid this company and look at other software solutions. The customer service and support of this company is horrible.

We are using YARDI Voyager 7S solely for HOA and Community Association Management services.

UN

"Hub for information and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that the bulk of the information we access and use on a daily basis can be stored and kept all in one place. I also like that once you have used it a few times it is pretty easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that each item clicked on opens it's own window. That may be a computer setting but It seems to reset each time I log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works well for property management/housing assistance purposes and allows us to track all the information we need in one place.

Data storage, service implementation and progress tracking. We can track progress of participants as they set and achieve goals and also view income and work history.