Google Drive Reviews & Product Details

Google Drive Overview

What is Google Drive?

Store, sync, and share files easily. Safely store all of your company’s data in one place. Access files easily from desktop and mobile devices and control how teams share them.

Google Drive Details

Drive: Store everything, share anything. Automatically sync files from Mac or PC to your personal drive in Google's cloud. Access files anywhere.

Google
@google
22,626,565 Twitter followers
224,374 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

Google Drive Screenshots

Google Drive Reviews

Showing 10,695 Google Drive reviews
Showing 10,695 reviews
Already have Google Drive?
Financial Analyst
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
COO
Comittee Member, Mentorship Manager
Testing engineer
What do you like best?

The best things about this are that we can share the files with anyone and it's our choice to give edit or read-only access means Ability to assign edit or view-only privileges. I generally prefer to save all my data on google drive as I feel that the data on the drive is much secure than on my device and it helps to save the full of storage of the device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not find any major cons in this app. But I feel that if we share any image on the drive, it reduces the pixel size and the quality of the image so if this could be improved will be very nice for all the google drive users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended, we can upload our all type of files like photos, important documents, apk files everything. We can access from anywhere and any device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a software tester. I always need to attach screenshots with the defect so I normally upload the screenshots on the drive and share the link to the defect sheet and it's my choice to provide the read or edit access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Writer
What do you like best?

I like the offline feature when I'm out of the office and need a quick glance at my pre-constructed formats. Even when the network reception is not the best I use the mobile application to fetch my uploaded files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it does perform poorly on a low-speed internet connection, bugs me sometimes. All google products take a lot of time to load if you are on a 3G network o less but the Drive does not open at all, no matter how many times I try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will love the accessibility it provides with 15 GB of storage even for the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need my documents, residential proofs, and format documents in one place. This relieves me of the burden to carry it separately on a thumb drive. Every time I need a copy, I mail it directly to the printer admin or give the command directly over the network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Representative
What do you like best?

I like that I can access it from any place need be. It allowed us as a company to store sales information and also insert food / product orders and organize everything where everyone could share the drive and put their numbers in together from different stores which has helped everything tremendously and made it easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that I have any dislikes about this program. Everything works very well and was easy to navigate and keep track of alll of our needs and sales numbers at the end of the day this program made it easy to work together in things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

No recommendations. this is great! Definitely works for everything you need it for an more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I haven't realized any problems with it, everything works the way it says it should. I guess sometimes the system wouldn't update right away or would do weird things but every system has that flaw. It's technology its going to happen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Pastor
What do you like best?

Google Drive makes storing and managing all our organisational data easy and helps us comply with GDPR regulations. We make a lot of use of the File Stream desktop app which mounts Google Drive as external storage and allows us to upload large files quickly in the background. The use of shared drives allows us to define permissions and keep departmental data separate and secure. We prefer Google Workplace over other services because our team work across a variety of devices and operating systems. Everyone can access the files they need to get their task completed wherever they are working. This has been especially helpful during Covid 19 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is simple but its functionality really lets the system down. There isn't a clear way to copy and paste files between folders. It would really benefit from a more straightforward interface like a desktop class browsing system. Integration through Chrome as a browser is useful but it would be nice to get the same features on other browsers. It might be helpful to have much more clarity about how much shared drive storage the organisation has to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely consider how you will deploy Google Drive for your organisation. Using it through a browser is not the most efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Google drive allows our team to share lots of data while working from home and archive media that we have produced directly from our various offices.

When recording video content, it can be uploaded directly through file stream while recording so that editing can begin straight away in another location. We also store lots of different file mediums which work well across Google Drive. The recent addition of being able to edit MS Office files is a game changer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Connectivity with lots of tools, and platforms. It is inbuilt with gmail and google workspace. So no need of additional signups. We can share files securely inside organization. You can also disable file downloading to make it secure across the organization. Files can be uploaded via UI which supports part transfer of file. We can also integrate google drive with google form and other google tools. It also has youtube like video storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need to have gmail account to upload file. For gmail it has very less storage (15 GB) . Cost is high if you are just planning it for storage not complete gsuite. Download speed is also very less compare to direct file transfer. Lack of bulk data transfer mechanism. You need to use GCP if you plan it for any enterprise usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storage and sharing file across the organization with permission control and access logs become easier with google drive compared to other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.