Consensus

Intelligent product demo automation software

Work for Consensus?

Learning about Consensus?

Consensus Reviews

Ask Consensus a Question
Showing 23 Consensus reviews
Consensus review by Jacob B.
Jacob B.

"Huge help for sales and targeting different personas"

What do you like best?

Consensus has been extremely valuable in our sales process. From SDRs to AEs the tool has added value for each stage. By far the best part of Consensus is being able to give a short and personalized demo to buying groups and not needing to rely on an internal champion's interpretation.

What do you dislike?

The former video recorder would sometimes be slow but with a new update, this problem seems to be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consensus is great platform that is continually heading in the right direction in terms of UX/UI and features. Being able to give each decision maker a personalized view of your product is so valuable. The support team is awesome and Consensus is a great addition to any sales team.

Having concise and personalized demos that can be internally shared to each person in a buying group. We don't have to rely on an internal champions interpretation. We've experienced better close rates and higher conversion in SDR emails. The demos are easy to put together and one-off demos are a breeze with the chrome extension.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Consensus
Consensus review by Darci D.
Darci D.

"The answer to omnichannel marketing with white glove service"

What do you like best?

As a B2B marketer, we face the challenge of how to distinguish our solutions not only externally but across internal business lines. Then add in the evolution of omnichannel marketing and we need to be able to understand our buyer more quickly and aptly. So how can we set ourselves apart and understand what matters most to our buyer? How can we identify the stakeholders of a project? How can we provide a customized experience? I personally am a huge fan of Consensus and think they help us answer these questions. They give us the ability to refine our persona profiles, gather a fuller picture of the entire buying group through the share feature and provide an engaging digital experience. The platform is intuitive and easy to learn. You could have your first experience ready in a couple of days and ready for market. And the service - WOW! - this team is all about service. They are there for you every step of the way. I purchased the solution in July of 2018 and talk often with the team. Whether they are checking in with me to make sure my needs are met or jumping on a quick call to talk through ideas and tips and tricks. A true white glove service. An innovative company that has a long future ahead of them!

What do you dislike?

My one wish, the ability to create a standard template for my brand.

Building out intel on my buying groups within accounts.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Consensus review by Alina C.
Alina C.

"A very user friendly tool that indeed helps you boosts your sales engagement"

What do you like best?

The UI is very neat, intuitive and easy to use. The demolytics offer a fantastic transparency on the prospect's interaction with your demo, allowing you to improve the way you position the product.

The support team is absolutely great, I just love working with them - you get all the necessary help you could possibly ask for when adopting a new tool within your organization. Very pleased with our collaborations, wouldn't change a thing to the way we are currently interacting.

What do you dislike?

I haven't identified something to dislike at the moment, we are very happy with the way the tool works, although there are some features/widgets that can be added further down the road. The great thing is that the support team is very open to new suggestions and improvement ideas, involving the development team in this process.

Using Consensus we are now able to track prospect's interaction with our demos, identifying key needs related not only to the product itself, but also in regards to the way we are currently positioning them on the market.

It is also a great tool to measure sales activity when it comes to sending demo links to third interested parties.

Consensus review by Taylor J.
Taylor J.

"Best Personalized Video tool on the market "

What do you like best?

CONSENSUS delivers video content in a unique and engaging way. After a short intro video, the software allows a viewer to dictate what the they'll see for the rest of the video. This builds anticipation for what is going to come next for the viewer, and also provides us with excellent data. Our salespeople have a clear idea of what the prospect is interested in and what video content they have viewed before reaching out. This has helped us convert leads into qualified sales opportunities at a much higher rate.

What do you dislike?

When we first started using CONSENSUS, we were hoping for more tools to help us build and create our own video content that were not available. Since then, these kinds of things have been added as new features that have worked well for us.

Business problems:

-Inbound lead generation

-Lead qualification

-Educating all decision makers

-Pre-sales education

-Personalized marketing content

Benefits:

-Leads are being generated passively

-Unique content is delivered automatically

-Real-time analytics help our reps follow-up effectively

-Shorter sales cycles

-Increased close rates

-Better engagement through out the sales cycle

-Prospects are better prepared for meetings with us

-Sometimes we spend less time on a demonstration

Consensus review by User

"Neat concept for a product, but customer support is lacking/lots of technical issues"

What do you like best?

The idea of having an interactive video for a prospect to assess a software is great.

What do you dislike?

I've run into so many technical issues when trying to get my first demo up and running. On our sales call we were promised that Consensus integrates with HubSpot, when in fact it doesn't - it requires paying for an additional 3rd party integration software. Every time I had an issue it took a long time to get it resolved with support. Also, the demo doesn't give you enough options for customization - while you can pick a color theme, you can't do anything with font, or changing around some other text. Ultimately we ended up canceling because we were so unhappy.

Trying to generate more inbound leads. While I do believe in the value of interactive content and I think Consensus is moving in the right direction, I think it has a ways to go until it reaches its full potential.

Consensus review by Administrator

"Movie Experience "

What do you like best?

easy to navigate and send information to prospects, assist in training sales teams and disseminate knowledge across areas

What do you dislike?

Does not send the demos automatically to the clients, we need to generate the links and then send them by email, although it is possible to follow the tracking, it brings a rework

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have difficulty or need a method to dissolve content quickly.

Facilitate explication during the sales process because most of the demonstrations happens only to see how is the solution and interface.

Many doubts before were solved with great emails, and within those same doubts, allowed different interpretations, thinking of videos courses, you have the possibility to pass the front of the level of knowledge, saving time and making possible to be more and more assertive.

Consensus review by Brent P.
Brent P.

"Excellent Tool for Sales and Marketing"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Consensus is the immediate feedback I get when prospects are interacting with our video content. I know who is watching the video I sent over, with whom they have shared it, how many times they have watched it and how long they have spent watching.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part of using consensus is keeping videos up to date. We've found that the process of creating video for use with Consensus has pulled the sales, marketing, and product teams together while forcing us to unify and clarify our messaging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that you will have to learn to tell your story in a succinct and effective way through video content. If you can do this Consensus will give you the technology and video production help to succeed in selling to complex buying groups.

The biggest problem we are solving with Consensus is nurturing our prospects and helping them tell our story internally. No matter how ambitious a champion is, they never have the full story to share internally. Consensus allows us to send proven and effective sales resources along with our champions to help them establish initial interest with other internal stakeholders.

Consensus review by TJ R.
TJ R.

"A New/Refreshing Approach That Opened Up New Possibilities"

What do you like best?

The approach that Consensus takes here has almost completely replaced the need to send static PDFs / slide decks / etc. to prospects, which is a very frustrating approach with a robust solution like ours hoping that a one page document can actually communicate value. Instead of that, we're able to send prospects video clips that overview our solution and highlight our core functionalities - narrated in our own words, with our own messaging/positioning - that make sure the right messages and the right value are being conveyed to the rest of the team that me or my sales reps might not have access to.

We primarily use Consensus to help us drive a buying consensus behind the scenes, but I understand many others use it from a prospecting perspective so it seems flexible when it comes to different applications throughout the sales cycle.

What do you dislike?

Personally, the UI - and therefore the overall UX - can be frustrating, but to be fair, my sales reps and I aren't in the solution on a daily basis. We primarily utilize the Chrome/Gmail extensions. My team has also struggled a bit to customize the different video offerings (for instance, wanting to forego an introduction video clip and show video clips B, C, D, and F maybe, instead of starting with clip A... another example is occasionally wanting to forego the screen where a prospect is asked to select which features of your product they care most to see, which in some cases provides tremendous value and in others can cause potential viewers to not watch the video).

Overall though, It's still a valuable product that helps us do something we've never done before, and some of our difficulties with the UI might just be user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand how you would best utilize Consensus - how we grew to use it wasn't what we thought initially, and it actually provided significantly more value to us than how we originally thought we were going to use it.

Consensus helps us own/control the messaging and positioning of our product as it begins to be socialized with potential buyers. Instead of relying on our contacts to try and share documents/files as best they can and hope it goes well, we get the chance to make sure the product is presented in the proper light and context through the use of the video clips.

It also helps us understand more of what our potential buyers see value in, thanks to the analytics on the back-end of Consensus.

Consensus review by Executive Sponsor in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Executive Sponsor in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Positive Experiencing"

What do you like best?

The Consensus platform and the rockstar Consensus team we work with have been top notch. They think out of the box and really try to understand our business to help accelerate our sales efforts.

We have been able to quickly identify the buying tree of our clients which has not only reduced our sales cycle but also has impacted our CLTV in a positive way.

What do you dislike?

The UX & UI hasn't really been updated the last few years but its ok! The team we work with have been able to fill any deltas.

We have been able to be consistent from a branding point of view. Also we've been able to reduce our sales cycle and really understand our customer's org charts. These guys are sales thought leaders and they've been able to provide additional insight along with an awesome platform.

Consensus review by Dave B.
Dave B.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I love the real-time analytics of each members unique viewing of my demo for them. I also love that my champions can easily and quickly share a custom demo to each member of the buying group.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see analytics for document viewing like you have for video

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you demo a lot and or have to sell to a large internal team, definitely consider using consensus. It can help with streamlining initial SDR outreach to initial education for the champion and others in the buying group.

Helping to shorten my sales cycles. Helping to overcome group buying dysfunction.

Consensus review by Deric G.
Deric G.

"Info from your customers"

What do you like best?

It's great to see that your customer, opens the links we send them, to confirm they received the info and were able to watch your video!

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Consensus review by Corey C.
Corey C.

"Easy and fast demo shares, with great data on success"

What do you like best?

The gmail plugin makes it very fast and easy to share a demo video. Then the automated alerts of when a demo is watched or shared is also incredible. A lot of functionality with very little work.

What do you dislike?

It's a little challenging to tweak the demo videos or make changes. I wish I could just as easily create my own demo videos or personalize what I'm doing a bit more. I'm not a product expert and know there are likely user weaknesses because of the lack of effort/time I've put into making it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a trial and wouldn't want to live without it. It's a powerful platform with a lot of potential.

Easily share demo clips with prospects and know who are watching them and who aren't.

Consensus review by Jake H.
Jake H.

"Great tracking device to see what prospects are viewing."

What do you like best?

I loved that you are able to track what link someone clicked on and what parts of a video or ad they viewed to give you some valuable information and leverage points when speaking with them next.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that if a person was to watch the ad again it would not tell you what part they watched the second time around to really be able to dive into what they are looking at.

Being able to track what video we sent out was watched and what information they watched on each video. This was very important in getting accurate data to speak with these prospective customers about things that may interest them.

Consensus review by User in Computer Software

"Consensus makes customer/prospect interactions easy"

What do you like best?

I use Consensus all the time for sending out how to, or informational video snipets to my clients/prospects. Now more than ever, people like to educate themselves without having to get on a phone call. Consensus gives you the best way to get your messaging directly to the prospect, & they can engage at their convenience.

What do you dislike?

Automatically ran reports that send straight to my inbox when viewing analytics are out of norm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Qualified leads, more efficient time for my reps, & faster sales cycles.

Consensus review by Administrator

"Great Product! Great Support!"

What do you like best?

This is a company that believes and lives customer success. They have spent many hours helping us utilize the platform and solve various business challenges. The product is clean, intuitive, and user friendly. Consensus is a great platform to offer and track recorded demo's, freeing up resources and time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. We can't produce content fast enough for our sales team.

Introducing new features to customers, freeing up Solution Consultant resources, giving introduction to product, some on-boarding in the sales process.

Consensus review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Bumpy start but turned out great"

What do you like best?

Great concept and lots of flexibility in building "custom" automated demos - I love that you get full analytics such as which segments the person watched, how long they watched it for and who they forwarded it to. You can also add your own assets such as videos, documents, etc. which is great.

What do you dislike?

Having the Sales and Marketing pieces separate - it's quite expensive for this tool and due to budget constraints we had to choose one or the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for the amount of up front work required, you are the expert in your business so you need to have a solid grasp of your benefits and the messaging you want to use. The team will take it from there and create some great videos, they're also very easy to work with. We actually had an issue with our first team but our success manager took full ownership and even involved the CEO to get it resolved right away. We couldn't be happier.

Trying to free up our sales team from scheduling one-on-one demos that are either not a good fit, or single seat subscriptions. The automated demo lets them spend their time on larger deals that are a better use of their time.

Consensus review by User in Computer Software

"Great way for customers to preview business solutions."

What do you like best?

The self driven playlist is fantastic, letting customer and sales alike know what the business is most interested in.

What do you dislike?

sometimes, i would want to just embed a link in my own email, and that's just too hard to retrieve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to set the stage for customers, prepare them for the meeting and have more focused meetings as a direct result of Consensus.

intro digital demos to customers, internal enablement.

Consensus review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Great for sending tailored videos"

What do you like best?

I like how the prospect can choose what they want to watch

What do you dislike?

As a sales rep - that I know of I am bound to use videos made by marketing. I'm sure I could make my own but it would be great to do screen capture videos so I can show prospects specific things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you have the ability to make engaging videos for your prospects.

Sales. I've had great insight to what and when my prospects watch the video's I send.

Consensus review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"A Great Tool For Your Sales Organization"

What do you like best?

Consensus allows you to reach stakeholders in a more personalized way and understand what is going to help them make a purchasing decision.

What do you dislike?

Your sales team has to fully commit to making it work and you will need to have video professionally made in-house or through a 3rd party.

Better reach stakeholders. Give internal champion a controlled message.

Consensus review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent Partner Lead Generation Tool"

What do you like best?

As a channel marketing manager, Consensus provides a great tool for partners to leverage existing manufacturer demos to augment digital lead generation efforts. The ease of use from onboarding and training provided is exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit of an issue if you are managing a large group of global partners and don't have an actual 'account.'

Lead generation efforts through Consensus allows to meet the challenges of content syndication and ensures lead capture at the top of the funnel.

"very happy"

What do you like best?

I love being able to track the interest level of the videos that I have sent and who opens them. Recently, I was able to contact a key player in the decision process because the video was shared. Knowing this key information enabled me to advance the sales conversation.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report. I am very happy with Consensus.

Having my customers understand the complexities on the offer.

Consensus review by User

"Easy to use and a unique tool "

What do you like best?

The tool allows for a customized feel

What do you dislike?

There are glitches with gmail integration

Prospects feel more engaged and it is a more targeted message. Rather than sending them a generic video, they can pick what is most important for them to see. This allows them to feel like we truly do care about solving their needs, and teaching them best practices.

Consensus review by User in Computer Software

"Great Demo Automation Platform"

What do you like best?

Consensus is an easy to use app to increase your B2B demos

What do you dislike?

Not really something that I dislike, great tool and great people behind it

I use the platform to engage in smart way with my prospects using dynamic demo videos

Learning about Consensus?

* We monitor all Consensus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.