Shopify POS Reviews & Product Details

What is Shopify POS?

With Shopify POS you are able to do business anywhere and you'll be able to track your sales and growth with all of your data in one system.

Shopify POS Screenshots

1-25 of 47 total Shopify POS reviews

Shopify POS Reviews

1-25 of 47 total Shopify POS reviews
Facebook Ad Manager

"Fantastic Platform for any Business"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that everything you need to start and run your business within one platform. Whether you need to build out a site, set up shipping or provide discounts to customers, it's all there inside this software.

What do you dislike?

There is so much that you can do on this platform that it can get kind of confusing. I had to do my fair share of googling and watching YouTube videos to make sure I was doing things properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want your business to succeed, especially if you're running Google and Facebook ads, you need to use this product

Increasing sales and adding more customers. I've benefited from this platform by being able to see the types of people that are buying my products and also being able to see who the new customers are coming in and identifying repeat customers

Office & Warehouse Assistant
Apparel & Fashion

"Quick and Easy!"

What do you like best?

Super helpful for vending events. You can type in the customers info or you can enter it as a quick transaction. Even entering manual card numbers doesn't take that long if for whatever reason your card reader is being testy. Can also allocate inventory to separate locations so the inventory you pull from your online shop you can make sure it doesn't cross sale.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes card reader has a hard time connecting. Both times I've used POS for events, I've not used the card reader as it's pretty testy. I do wish the app was a part of the original app though - i often delete and re-download the app for space on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Train your staff prior to events. Try to get expected customers to create an account ahead of time for ease of purchases.

Makes vending at events so much easier! We only offer online sales, so in person can be a bit time consuming to type in an order through regular Shopify or plus. Way easier to pay for goods and services.

Graphic Designer
Consumer Goods

"Easy to use, all in one place! "

What do you like best?

I really like Shopify POS for a lot of reasons. I find that it is very easy to use and is super user friendly! The I use this for consumer shows and it really helps the POS process to run smoothly. The first time I used it, it took me maybe two times and I was able to work my way around the app no problem! It is easy to make updates when necessary on the spot. It is very quick, and once you make changes, they are updated automatically.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike about this. The only thing I would say is that sometimes at trade shows the wifi is spotty, it would be cool if there was some way to use this app even when not connected to wifi. I like this app a lot and would definitely recommend it! Sometimes it also bugs out and does weird changes that I didn't make. But It could just be that I am just learning it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend getting the blue tooth card reader to go along with Shopify POS! It makes it super easy and quick to use.

We use Shopify POS for running payment and selling product at consumer shows for my line of work. We like this because we travel for these shows and it is easy to add in the tax per the state that we are doing a show in. It makes the process very easy.

AN

"Easy to use POS system!"

What do you like best?

Shopify is very clean and user-friendly. Training my employees to use it is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

A basic Shopify plan doesn't allow me to see where my sales are being made from. If I have an employee in Florida selling at the same time as an employee in Washington, Shopify will say that the sales are all being made from our home office.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify is capable of handling nearly all POS business needs. If you have a small business, or a large scale store, Shopify has lots of great options to suit your needs.

Shopify has helped to solve our massive inventory problem. It's incredibly helpful to have a single place to keep track of all our inventory, always up to date and accurate.

UR

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to search for inventory quickly, and is all-in-all a pretty powerful app.

What do you dislike?

It takes FOREVER to register that a card reader is attached to my phone - which can make for a very uncomfortable waiting period when I'm trying to ring up a customer at things like a craft fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sometimes it can be a little laggy, but it's still worth it overall. ESPECIALLY if you already have a Shopify-based website - it's kind of a no brainer. Registering that you're using a card reader can sometimes be kind of a pain in the neck, though - we just ordered the new chip reader, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

We're able to take our business into the "real world" instead of just keeping it online, while keeping track of inventory and sales! And we're able to accept credit cards, which is huge.

Business Development Consultant
Consumer Goods

"Easy app to charge cards on"

What do you like best?

I can charge credit cards in the app on my phone which allows me to process all money (both call in orders and website orders) on the same program which makes accounting easier.

What do you dislike?

Frequent updates to keep the app working, doesn't seem to work as well on my iphoneX.

Reducing the number of places that income comes from - makes accounting easier if you only have to reconcile transactions from Shopify instead of Shopify, PayPal and Square etc.

AM

"Should of used the full Shopify website and POS"

What do you like best?

The main reason for using shopify was due to rave reviews from business colleagues but they use the full platform and we should of looked into the limitations of the POS only, we are now going to change to a full Shopify website. We were very time poor so opted for a quick solution to get some Christmas orders in.

What do you dislike?

I was not aware of the limitations and should of looked into it a bit more, we used a Squarespace website with the shopify POS , we cannot intergrate Afterpay or use any affiliate apps due to the fact that customers leave the website and then go to the shopiy POS. therefore any FB re-targating for abandoned carts is also not possible - we will solve this by changing to a Shopify website very soon

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the limitations first and if needed rather use a full Shopify website instead

As stated above it was a quick solution and has brought in orders for the Christmas rush but for a long term solution we will need to change

floor model
(5001-10,000 employees)

"How Shopify helped me start my E-comm business"

What do you like best?

I love how easy shopify makes it to create your own stores. They have options to handle shipping, payouts, orders. apps that designe your stores and run them at the same time. It also handles your taxes for you !

What do you dislike?

Using shopify on PC is easy but does tend to be confusing on your phone. It takes awhile to master the features.

I can have multiple stores open and have a fliud income as I get to spend more time with friends and family. It really helps you take control of your own time and life.

CEO & Founder
Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great Way to Take Orders in the Fly!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that is does pull ALL my Products and makes that easy, and also that I can simply key in the CC info without the reader, as I forget to bring the reader many times. IT also does work nicely back and forth with the base Shopify App.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to figure out and get used to their UI, which I think could be better. I think they could set it up as 1,2,3, ... and walk you through the process. It also took me awhile to figure out how to add a DISCOUNT to a current product vs. creating a Custom Sale.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it try for sure, there fees are the same I think with the rest, so why would you not want to use this!

This really has been great for me, as although there are other options out there like SQUARE that you could use, I love then fact that this allows me to keep it all in my SHOPIFY world, and does not then require another entity that I need to work about. I also like that it keeps all my sales for the customers grouped together, and I feel this makes me more efficient. I started using this when they came out with, and it has replaced SQUARE for me.

Director of Purchasing & Inventory Control
Consumer Goods

"Not Bad... Not Bad At All..."

What do you like best?

This product is very flexible and scalable. We started using it back when we have less than 25 employees and one register. We now have over 200 employees and 7-8 registers and the software is still perfect for our needs. Also, training for this platform is extremely easy. Most new employees do not need much training at all since the system is so intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There have been some lingering issues with Gift Card processing and sales reporting for Gift Cards. We have contacted support quite a bit about this and there does not seem to be a ready solution. If this issue is fixed, I see no reason that Shopify POS would not be considered one of the better POS platforms on the market. Another minor downside is that Shopify POS only operates on iPads. It would be nice to not be so limited on which hardware it can be run with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If Shopify's price tag fits within your operational budget, go for it! The benefits and ease of use are worth the price tag. I would consider what the additional transition costs may be though. You will need to purchase iPads to operate the software on. Depending on what you currently use, this additional expense may prove to be prohibitive.

We use Shopify POs in our brick and mortar location to process sales to customers. On a busy day we process between 300 to 500 transactions, or up to $150k in sales. Software downtime is extremely limited and response time is very quick. We are able to move long lines quickly.

"It Gets The Job Done"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to swipe the credit cards and it's an easy process for the customers. I love that I rarely experience problems checking them out! It's an easy system to learn and I recommend this for any business with registers.

What do you dislike?

Once the swipe goes through, sometimes the customer will change their mind on an item and instead of going back to change that, I have to find their order and refund them and then process another order. Once it gets to the signature, I wish there was a back button and so that I can quickly change that for them. They get confused as to why I have to refund or charge them again for a new order. It also can be difficult to find their order in the system. Especially if it was a return!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this system for register use!

I worked on the registers for 6 months before moving to customer service. We grew very fast as a company and we had many people come through while using only 2 registers. It got the job done quickly! We were able to satisfy the customers.

Ecommerce Manager
Retail

"Great for small AND medium sized businesses"

What do you like best?

It's a great solution to provide a seamless transition from an online store to a physical store. While the product isn't robust enough to serve every need we'll ever have, it makes opening a brick and mortar store possible when all you've done is online sales.

What do you dislike?

It lacks robust functionality the bigger your store gets. The apps have periodic glitches and bugs that go unresolved and are not repeatable, but provide serious problems to our customers. The product is limited in its ability to interface with different types of hardware, and until POS apps were released, had extremely insufficient flexibility as an all-in-one POS system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shopify POS is great for small businesses, but the larger you scale, you'll find that you have to come up with creative workaround solutions.

Transitioning form an online store to a brick and mortar store. This product has allowed us to make the jump and to expand our service at our physical location. It is great to have one unified product database and to have online discount codes and gift cards that work over POS as well.

Independent Business Owner
Design

"Easy to use and incredibly powerful. "

What do you like best?

It's interface is incredibly easy to understand, and if you still don't get it, their customer support is exceptional. The hardware add ons make it easy to have a fully functional retail experience, from scanning, to searching manually, to printing customizable receipts.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to gather more customer information. I recently wanted to create an order for our online store as a pre-orders and it would've been easy if there was a seamless way to do that through the app. The customer had to manually enter her credit card number and place a web order in person as opposed to being able to swipe her card through the POS system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd go for it, especially if you have a shopify store already.

Shopify POS makes it easy to sell in person. All of our products from online are able to be scanned and sold in person with little to know hassle. It gives a professional retail appearance without using a clunky system, which is perfect for smaller businesses. Staff members are also given their own pins which helps to track their sales and gives insights into sales. The integrations with Shopify's reports helps to optimize our inventory process by easily identify the best sellers at the store.

Marketing / Office Manager
Sporting Goods

"Shopify Platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user friendly and allows for easy website edits that look great! The platform makes taking and processing orders very easy. The customer service has always been helpful and fast whenever I've needed them.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options on the order dashboard side. Customers often want to change quantities, remove or add an item, etc. after the order is placed and there is no easy way to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system is very user friendly and the iPhone app is so quick and easy to learn. It makes taking payment anywhere easy!

We have a website along with a payment processor in one!

Vice President of Marketing
Apparel & Fashion

"Pretty good, but still room to improve"

What do you like best?

Shopify POS works well as an extension of your online Shopify store, but we use it strictly at events. It lacks some functionality that we'd like to see that we do have online, but again the price is right as a Shopify web platform user.

The UI is very intuitive, new employees can figure out how to use it in a matter of minutes. Adds a professional element to our otherwise very basic event sales setup.

What do you dislike?

Works well on iPad, but iPhone app is pretty horrendous. Product imagery is not nearly as good on the app anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just complimenting your primary storefront, Shopify POS can do that well. As a primary shop interface, I'm not sure it is up to par with other solutions.

Selling products remotely at events without having to carry a lot of inventory. Has definitely simplified and allowed us to scale our regional event sales business.

Director of Business Development and Marketing

"Great tool for our business "

What do you like best?

We have an e-commerce store, but recently have been branching out to selling on the weekends at festivals and farmers markets and this tool has made selling in person a breeze!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's great. We have had zero problems using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using Shopify, skip using something like Square. Shopify Pos is all you need. The ability to have a seamless POS system that tracks inventory is awesome!

This has allowed us to easily accept cash and credit card transactions, when selling in person.

Co-Founder
Food & Beverages

"Great inexpensive POS option"

What do you like best?

Shopify sent us a free card reader, easy to process transactions, easy to enter shipping information for later shipments.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, great for expos, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely reach out for a free card reader.

Great inexpensive solution for POS sales

AI

"Easy to use, intuitive, younger POS solution that integrates great with eCommerce"

What do you like best?

Great tier one support, app is light and responsive, intuitive, beautiful.

Extremely easy to setup printers, scanners, cash drawer, etc., and good support for using that hardware.

App integrates great with eCommerce platform, and it's great have eCommerce customers and orders all in the same place as our POS customers and orders. Enterprise level stuff accessible to anyone.

What do you dislike?

More difficult issues (questions beyond 'how to do this') are not handled as well. Lighter volume stores have no issues with it, but store managers at extremely high traffic locations feel like it is buggy and that it crashes often.

Some more enterprise features are missing at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great if you are using their eCommerce product. If you are not, it's a good option that is quickly improving, but it feels younger than some of the competitors.

Easy to deploy, low cost, eCommerce integrated POS solution.

Cashier

"Work effective."

What do you like best?

Very easy to login and work over the software, very secure as each user use his or her own username and unique private password.

What do you dislike?

The software customer support team is very slow to respond to my questioned issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best product to venture in.

It has enabled transaction follow up hence improving stock security and accountability.

Art Teacher
Fine Art

"Shopify POS"

What do you like best?

Shopify pos is easy to use and I love that it takes the items right out of my inventory

What do you dislike?

Nothing! App is great! Easy to use!!!!!!

I can charge someone for a product anywhere!

"A good way to sell products, if you don't like using Square"

What do you like best?

I like that Sjopify finally extended its POS offerings to Android and does not force me to use a third party payment collection app.

What do you dislike?

It took a very long time to arrive on Android operating systems, I was forced to use Square prior to this and am leaning towards sticking to Square because I already have a system established for it.

Unlike using a third party vendor, Shopify POS allows me to seamless sell products on the go, whether it is at farmers markets or to family or friends, Using this enables me to have direct sales tracking right back to my Shopify inbox,

Junior Floral Designer and Marketing Strategist
Events Services

"Shopify POS - an excellent business tool"

What do you like best?

In a start-up clothing company I consulted for, we used Shopify to build our online store, track inventory, etc. and using Shopify POS while we were out at pop-up shops, farmers markets, etc. made doing business a breeze! Bring able to use a device to process payments, track sales, and check inventory all in one was an invaluable tool.

What do you dislike?

The attachment to scan cards can be a little tricky when it comes disconnected.

Shopify POS makes doing business outside of the office a breeze!

"The greatest small biz outlet"

What do you like best?

Shopify is a GREAT outlet for small businesses.. you can easily integrate your online inventory with your physical brick an mortar inventory - creating a smooth an easy process to do business.

What do you dislike?

Not really many dislikes, even after tax season thinking it was the end all be all, Shopify easily brings up any and all information needed.

Super user friendly!

Accountant

"Rapid money transactions processor."

What do you like best?

Very reliable customer service and handling programme, due to fast transactions processing enabling large volume customer serving.

What do you dislike?

Slow reply after raising an issue to support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it,it is the best accounting work partner so far.

Has enabled best business performance, due ton effective inventory tracking.

Supermarket Cashier.

"Cashier necessary product."

What do you like best?

Has very reliable and fast work operation bar code scanner and one time interpretation,

What do you dislike?

Has very reliable features organisation, no any dislikes with the software so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cost efficient tool.

Has ensured purchase order are timely placed, hence no cases of late goods delivery.

Shopify POS Features

10.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.1*
* Retail POS Category
Do you work for Shopify POS?

Shopify POS Categories on G2