Heartland Retail Reviews & Product Details

Heartland Retail Overview

What is Heartland Retail?

Heartland Retail is a cloud POS and Retail Management platform designed by retailers, for retailers. Built with multi-store, multi-channel retailers in mind, the software allows retailers to service every customer the same way, no matter where or how they shop. Heartland Retail provides retailers with better control over sales and profitability by placing actionable real-time data in the hands of every person who needs it, from the C-suite to the store floor. Retailers nationwide use Heartland Retail’s mobile POS to reclaim valuable square footage and influence buying behavior at the point of decision, where it matters most. With inventory management, unparalleled custom reporting, APIs, portability across platforms and devices, Heartland Retail is easy-to-use, quick-to-start and revered by its users for making their jobs easier. The Details: • Cloud-based with real-time data • No upgrades • Comprehensive CRM • Powerful Reporting and Dashboards • Purchasing & Receiving • Inventory Management • Mobile POS • Priced per selling station • Flexible and scalable • Omnichannel capable with Ecommerce Integrations • Integrations with top retail platforms • Hardware agnostic • Open API

Heartland Retail Details

Heartland Retail is a cloud-based solution that gives you access to real-time data with POS, dashboards and reporting, customer management, customer orders, inventory management, and purchasing and receiving.

Heartland Retail is a comprehensive retail management platform that is easy-to-use yet powerful. Built by retailers, our software solves your retail point points giving you the flexibility and features you need to thrive. Sell more, profitably, and partner with people who care.

Heartland Payment Systems
1997
Edmond, OK
@HeartlandHPY
4,378 employees on LinkedIn®

Heartland Retail Screenshots

Heartland Retail Reviews

Showing 190 Heartland Retail reviews
Already have Heartland Retail?
What do you like best?

The tool allows us to manage all card payments and it is now possible for us to process payments quickly. The reports are scaled by day and we can establish a good connection with our accounting department. The tool is very user friendly and the handling is easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The connection with our android smartphone was not available in the beginning, so we switched to a classic pos from ingenico and from then on it worked perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The management of all payments and the overview of the total income is perfect. The reports can be downloaded as excel files and saved in external software to create the corresponding invoices. The calculation of the tax for the transaction fee works without problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buyer / General Manager
Retail
What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the back end which includes inventory and purchasing. I appreciate the reporting power, but I do wish a couple things could be improved.

The transfer functionality is great overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On the reporting side of things, I wish I could sort the custom fields once you've add the groups and metrics you want. For example, if I have size as part of the group, I would like to be able to organize the size order (where the header would be). It would save so much time than having to export to an Excel file to do the same thing.

The POS also has too much lag time and is not that user friendly. I find that i'm working quicker than the POS screen is. There's a lag time on applying discounts, etc. When you are selecting credit, cash, etc, it could be so much more user friendly.

Transfers - I like that when you request units from a location, it will show you what each store has. I think it would be helpful to have that same viewing ability when you are shipping the transfer. Dependent on our locations, sometimes a user is not requesting the transfer. They go straight to shipping the transfer.

Items risk being duplicated because they only mandatory field is Item Number (UPC). In my world of things, the style # which was created as a custom field for us is the most important aspect of an item. For example, we could have a dress that is one style (#), but comes in three colors and 5 different sizes. I need all of those to be in one grid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you will be creating grids, take the time to do that initially instead of having this auto-gridded or getting around to doing it later. It will save so much time in long run. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Springboard has allowed us to get a great overall grasp of the work everything location/user is doing. It can take a long time to get things set up initially, but in the long run, it's so helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buyer
What do you like best?

I like the Springboard Dashboard best. It is a great way to easily get an overview of how the selected time period is going. Getting a snapshot on one page that is easy to use on your phone when you are away from your computer is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish springboard would make an app for your phones. It would be nice to be able to have a smartphone screen compatible way to view reports.

I also dislike that there are certain setting that have to be changed for all stores. For example, in or special event stores such as fairs and other temporary stores, we do not want to require an employee enter their number every time. In order to turn this off for our temporary store, we have to turn this feature off for all of our stores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using a system that is not easily accessible and user-friendly, this is the system you will love. Quick snapshots on the dashboard provide a great overview in seconds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Springboard has helped us easily analyze what our customers are looking for. It has given us the ability to react quickly to items that are both doing well or we need to move on from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Associate
What do you like best?

I would say that I like how easy it is to navigate the website first and foremost. It makes transactions and location items a lot more efficient. Everything is laid out in a very user friendly way and I appreciate that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot really say much that I dislike about the program. Sometimes it will freeze however when I am typing in the employee name to check in and I think that just has to do with me typing too quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has made my job experience a lot easier. Checking out customers and looking up items does not take long at all. The system is very easy to learn and is not tricky. Everything is pretty self-explanatory. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes completing sales orders for my company very easy. We used to use a system that was very difficult but I have seen huge differences with this system. I also am able to look up items for a customer very swifty which makes my interactions very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Franchise Business Consultant
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

The team and system reliability is great. The inventory reporting that we gained from over our previous system makes identifying best sellers and needs a lot easier. Their ability to function as a traditional retail business improved 10 fold. The system is easy to use and understand. Great product over all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

lacking in some basic accounting reporting like drawer count, dollars driven from promotions, and how split transactions are handled. Some of the things we have requested for our use case seem standard for franchises. The team can be slow to respond at times, however they are generally helpful when they do respond. We some request that are still lingering that I would like to see cleared up so we can move forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take the leap. the team is easy to work with. Responsive most of the time and the system is easy to use. love the reporting features and the reliability on busy traffic days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

inventory management has been a lot easier and the reliability of the system has been a big improvement for us. Our owners enjoy the system and appreciate its ease of use. Inventory tracking and PO management. Our previous system did not allow us to track receipts easily and it was always a guessing game. The accuracy in record keeping is heads and shoulders over our previous system as well. I feel more confident in the data we are getting from SPringboard because you track in the system the movement of inventory and other accounting practices very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Store Manager
What do you like best?

Springboard makes inventory tracking, and reports a breeze. The dashboard is a great tool that allows us to see everything in one convenient place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Springboards user interface can be difficult to navigate on touch screen devices. Many of the buttons are too small, and require several attempts to touch. Can be quite glitchy from time to time. Takes too long to complete tickets sometimes, and even longer to print receipt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Springboard to anyone looking for a new POS/Retail management system. While it can be a little bit glitchy on occasion, it makes the management of a retail store infinitely easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Springboard has made my office work much easier to access and understand. Everything that I need to know is at my fingertips at any given time. Also, being able to login from home or my phone lets me keep an eye on my store at any given time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inventory Manager
What do you like best?

- Web-based, can access anywhere.

- Very easy customization, can adjust settings to fit whatever we need (the fact that an item can have numerous amounts of custom fields is amazing).

- Having the ability for different people/users to have different abilities using the "Roles" option.

- Reporting tool is great, after you have experience using it.

- Promotions/Sales are easy to set up.

- Doing a store-wide inventory is very easy, and can be done a a big team with multiple computers/tablets.

- Open, and encouraged communication with you all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- THIS IS THE WORST: When receiving a Purchasing Order using a Purchasing Receipt, if I make a change to an item it AUTOMATICALLY moves to the first page and every item is shifted down by one (this is because you have it set up to automatically be sorted by "Updated"). Please make it so that the default is to NOT have it sorted by anything, then if a change is made no items would move at all. If I want it sorted by "Updated" or anything else, I can pick it, but defaulting to this is very frustrating. THIS LEADS TO THE NEXT ISSUE WHICH IS SLIGHTLY RELATED.

- Difficult to apply discounts to items in the Purchasing Receipt (If I receive 500 different items, and 50 of them were at a $30 discount my life is ruined as I try to only apply that discount to those 50 items).

- Can't separate the same item on a sales ticket (if 5 of one item are purchased, but 2 are free and 3 are not, it causes issues).

- EXT cost won't round to fractions of a cent (if a case of 24 cans costs $23.95, then it's $0.9979etc cents a can, but I have to put them as $1.00 a can which makes the case cost $24.00 not $23.95).

- If I want to add a new custom field to an item, I CAN'T make it show up in any order that I choose. It MUST go at the end. The problem with that, if I want that new field to show up third and not last, I have to change every custom field to the new name, then transfer all of the field information over to the new field (hard to explain to you right now in this text form, but it's frustrating).

- Can't reverse transfers and adjustments easily if a mistake is made by someone.

- The new "View more results per page" needs work. If I set it to 50 per page, go to Pg 2 and delete some my page will be blank, and I have to refresh the entire page, so I usually don't even change it past 10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Utilize the "Sand-Box" (I believe that's what my boss called it) before going live, AND continue to use it after you've already been using it. This is a "Fake" test-site of Springboard that lets you mess around with it and test things without messing up your real site. I don't deal with the price of everything, that's my boss. However, if it costs extra I can tell you that it's worth it.

- Make a list of concerns, and bring those up to the Springboard team. They WILL help you through everything, even step-by-step when needed. Their customer service is better than what you're currently using. I can speak from experience with this.

- Go to YouTube and search for "Springboard Retail". They have videos there that show you what to expect, and are helpful tools for current users as well. You can see that they regularly do Web-Based training and can even email you a copy of the training so you can watch it at your leisure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Inventory numbers are easier to fix, problems are easier to find.

- Tracking anything, it's all easier with the Reporting tool once you've figured it out.

- Less errors occur because the Sales/Promotion tool is great.

- Ordering based on sales.

- Tracking payments to vendors/Credits they owe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Springboard is user-friendly and the real-time inventory is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many limitations and some glitches on the sales order/invoice side of business. The data migration was a nightmare, and it took 2 months for our inventory to be auto-gridded. We are still cleaning up the database. This could have been done much better. We also had problems with our quickbooks and big commerce integrations, and did not have good support for these. We had to resolve and troubleshoot the problems ourselves. We often reported issues that the SR support team had never heard of before with Big Commerce, especially. We have not been able to launch our Big Commerce website yet because of significant problems with the integration. Also, we had pretty major problems with the credit card processing changover to Payjunction. Again, the support team was uninformed of certain limitations until after we launched, and we had to deal with them for weeks until they were resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be very cautious when making the switch. The data migration and integrations were much more complicated than we were told they would be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honestly, the only benefit we have noticed is a great integration with Thirdshelf (customers love it!) and better reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The best part of Springboard is the ability for you to save reports. On top of that, our company has multiple stores and locations, so pulling up reports from different parts of the company is super easy. When it comes to orders as well, I like that you have the option to request transfers. It makes the process very seamless with interaction between stores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system as a whole isn't super user friendly. I know when we first got Springboard, many people had trouble navigating it. Even after training, most of us still had a bit of a hard time being able to understand how it works exactly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Springboard is GREAT if you have a smaller business with maybe 2 or 3 storefronts and one central warehouse location. I also recommend using another program with springboard that possibly tracks foot traffic. Springboard is pretty accurate but may still need additional assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We don't use Springboard to "solve" problems persay..maybe it's a little handier on a stock/warehouse management perspective but regardless, Tracking the stores productivity with the dashboard is great. I DO wish we could also see each associates productivity on the dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Retail Operations
What do you like best?

The ability to import items is by far the best feature. I just finished importing the full catalogs for two separate companies one had 2k SKUs, the other was shoes and imported 33k items, with images. We don't carry all 33k, but this is great for special orders and makes it easy to order new items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can say I don't like about Springboard Retail is that it doesn't have Units Of Measure (UOM). If you're a retailer you probably get packs, but there isn't a way to order a bowl of items and have it enter as 100 pieces. I would love to be able to place an order for 1 bowl with my distributor and receive 1 bowl, but have it populate with, say, 100 pieces. Purchasing UOM is 1 bowl, sales UOM is 1 piece. I love this functionality in my warehouse software. Hopefully, we will see this in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whether you have one store, or seven as we do, this product is excellent. We briefly considered using a much more expensive Enterprise Resource Planning tool, that also had a Point of Sale. The price tag was outrageous. Springboard delivers a lot of what they were offering without cutting into our profits. Sure it doesn't offer predictive AI, but it frees up so much of our time that WE can start making predictions about what stock levels we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving so many problems. We've been using Transfers to move product from stores that are sitting on product to those that are moving them. Our employees have also begun using transfers to complete sales for customers when they are sold out. The real-time inventory makes that possible as well. This has saved us lots of money.

Also, the speed with which reports can be run, and altered, makes our decision-making process a lot better. We, now, quickly make decisions about markdowns, transfers, or increasing reorder points. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Springboard Retail is one of the most robust POS systems on the market. After working with the company for over two years, we've seen the systems grow exponentially. They have an active customer support team that consistently announces new updates and helps with existing issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There a few small operational issues I wish we, as consumers, had more control over. For one, I wish we had the ability to edit some of the fields that show in the Sales Orders screen, like only displaying certain "stores" in the drop down menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Springboard is actively working with our team to come up with an automatic solution to the numerous ship-from-store sales orders our team created on a daily basis.This will allow us to take a significant portion of the human touch out of the process, saving us hours each day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Planner
Retail
What do you like best?

Fast results from reporting, easy to export to excel and manipulate how I want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very hard to adjust metrics in the way I'd like to view things. Not easy to see on hand units at the same time as sales units, for example. Also, hard to distinguish markdowns or discounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to save reports and use them daily and export to excel. Easy to create customer tickets and review client history. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Springboard to track sales and inventory of our retail stores. I also change prices in Springbaord when we mark styles down. Benefits are fast results and easy uploads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Manager
What do you like best?

I really like the product's layout, intuitive design, and ease of use. Our retail team enjoys using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like our sense of urgency is met when bringing up critical issues. We report or inquire about issues from minor to major, but it often doesn't seem like there's a difference on the other side of the fence, and I often find myself being the one following up 90% of the time vs. being taken care of and valued when we've got an issue that's undoubtedly a big deal for our business. It's important to build trust with customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realized benefits have been ease of use. We'd like to solve more problems but it's been challenging to connect with anyone to have that conversation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I like the cloud based interface and the detailed reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of barcodes on jewelry tags. I also dislike some of the logo graphics are too big and you can't change that. Also, the tags cut names and sizes off weirdly sometimes and there is not way to see that that's ging to happen until after you print. It would be helpful if the user could customize this more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It lets me work easily from ANYWHERE with no additional & clunky LogMeIn application! It also syncs with shopify and my inventory planning software, making my life that much easier. I do wish it could sync a little faster/more frequently with Shopify and automatically with RetailOrbit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Ease of use. Can see what we are going to receive. Receiving large shipments from the warehouse more efficient. It is easy to let the warehouse know that we have received everything or that there was a discrepancy. Also, it is good that we can assign line items to different sales people. It is good to be able to create a ticket and save it when a customer wants to return another time or day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1) When someone buys something and wants an e-mail receipt they have to put in their e-mail even if it is in their profile. The e-mail should pop up and ask if it is correct if we have it in the system. If we do not have it, they can key it in and then the system should save it in their profile.

2) Regarding transfers, if someone cancels a request for a transfer there should be a comment field that the person who cancels needs to fill in (it could be a pull down menu with reasons) so that the requesting person knows why it has been cancelled.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Determine what are the most important features to include in a POS system and do a trial of Springboard to make sure it includes the key features and is easy to use. In our business you do not want to make a customer wait to go through several steps to make a sale. The sale must be easy and efficient whether it is discounted, split between sales, being ordered and shipped or any other potential scenario. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As mentioned, it solves the problem of assigning line items to different sales people in the situation where two sales people have worked with a customer. Requesting transfers is easier through a system rather than just e-mails (that may not be seen) or trying to call another location. Being able to see how many of an item is available company wide and then seeing the location is effecient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

E-Commerce Merchandising Director
What do you like best?

SpringBoard is very straightforward and user friendly - it takes no time to train new colleagues because it is so easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of! Everything I personally use SpringBoard for is very easy to do! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bridging inventory issues between stores and e-commerce has been huge. It is also a quick and easy way to enter inventory on new items. It is also great for buying because the sales reports and data are very easy to pull. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

manager
What do you like best?

The springboard works really well for us, we love having all of the valuable information we can get on inventory, sales and ordering at our fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is a joke. When something goes wrong, or isn't working properly, you're on your own. It is very common to not be able to speak to a customer service rep for hours and then when you do they have no idea how to help you. And they tell you, I'm sorry I don't know how to fix that. The worst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We know every detail about what has sold, what hasn't, what inventory we have, what orders we have, best selling items, etc. The system is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ER
What do you like best?

Intuitive nature of the product, robust reporting features, teamwork and support from the company.

The POS is easy to use and requires very little training to be up and running efficiently. All areas of the software feel cohesive and connected - easy to move from one feature to the next and use with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fiscal calendar limitations including the ability to input our own calendar date ranges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great product overshadowed only by excellent customer service. The company has, and is, building a software platform that strategically combines terrific user interface with outstanding business applications. The POS is easy to use and very intuitive, and the back-end use is practically limitless while remaining within the understanding of various user levels. I can't say enough about the customer service and teamwork Springboard Retail provides. We always feel as if we are working as a team with them and not two separate companies. Lastly, the company is genuinely interested in what their clients have to say - big or small. Springboard eagerly accepts input and feedback while acting upon it in such a way that benefits the customer. The company is constantly evolving and is a pioneer in providing the latest advances in retail software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faster checkout at point of sale

Minimal training needed to be up and running effectively

Better customer data collection

Mobility when using product both within the store and for back-end users

Robust data mining Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Springboard has allowed our business to see our inventory across 5 stores and an online business in real time. This is crucial to us. We carry lots of competition footwear in multiple colors, and in the heart of the season when we are selling lots both online and in store, its amazing to have that product out of inventory immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Looking up product is not as seamless as I would like it to be.When I was in the training we were told that we hit the search section and type in a word a boom, there it is. I sometimes type in the exact style of a shoe and 50 pages. I would like it to be a little easier. Some of that maybe us getting used to a newer system and figuring out the key words necessary to streamline things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to see product and sales in real time. This helps for multiple reasons. The product side allows us to see what we have NOW and not wait til tomorrow to see. With our old system we would see that another location has something in stock, we call them and they can't find it. They then spend 20 min looking for it only to see the next day that the item was sold before the call. Seeing sales helps me manage because if I'm out at an event if the store is busy I can get back in, and if its slow I can send someone home.

I can also go onto springboard on my phone or ipad and check inventory for customers when I'm out at events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Barista
What do you like best?

I love the interface format, and that I’m able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently. Taking inventory, completing transfers, etc is intuitively organized so the technical side of the task is made very easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to not just be able to save a project, but actually ring up a customer while I’m working on an inventory/transfer task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There have been small moments that the pos system and springboard have had trouble communicating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

My favorite part of the POS system is the amount of reports that you can run and how easily it pools that information. I also really like all the filtering options there are for running these reports. We use them every day for all kinds of analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some trouble shooting issues that we have had in the past where no one was able to give us a really solid answer. I would also love to see a feature in the reporting that would run on hand inventory levels at a specified date range (along side the current on hand inventory filter). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you decide to use this system, you need to become well versed in all of the tools so that you can use it to its full potential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inventory analysis based on net sales and margins. We used to use Retail pro which is very outdated compared to Springboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Springboard functions well for companies managing multiple locations. The interface is fairly straightforward and easy to learn. I love the variety of reporting options there are easily available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integration with BigCommerce leaves a lot to be desired. There are a lot of fields that are not supported between the big commerce and springboard integration. This makes it difficult to keep the same inventory easily in our locations and webstore. I am working with a lot of third party applications to make simple tasks work for us. other than one person on tech support (Joe) it seems that nobody else is familiar with this integration. I've spent hours talking with one person about the same issue that was fixed in under 15 minutes by a Joe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Really struggling with the integrations — functions that seem like they should be standard are not and it's requiring a lot of extra work (and 3rd party apps). I don't think I would recommend for BC integration, but otherwise Springboard works well for our retail stores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Clean, crisp cloud-based UI is user-friendly. Reporting takes a couple hours to understand, but once you get it, you're able to quickly produce almost any report you need. Works with Shopify and BigCommerce. Customer service is pretty good with 1 or 2 exceptions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not play nice with BigCommerce as price information does not sync down. Shopify requires a $199/month app to run properly. Not friendly towards large catalogs with different size variants (eg apparel) as it does not really have a true parent-child set up. The search functionality is buggy in the truest sense of the word, and makes basic tasks almost impossible. We've also had extensive issues with Canadian taxes from our online store. Returning items purchased online is a sewn together mess of work arounds that is very error-prone, as we have to manually enter tax amounts. There's also no built in time clock for employees to sign in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your business has an e-commerce component I would avoid. If you have a number of retail stores and a small catalog, this could be a good choice for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not solving a ton of problems with Springboard - if anything, it has introduced a few new ones! To SBR's credit though, reports run pretty smoothly and their RA system is easier than our last POS system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The inventory process is very smooth - runs like a corporate inventory system. Reporting capabilities are numerous Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of detail information that I don't care for -

reports that don't alphabetize,

inability to customize receipts and price tickets by location without paying $150/hr,

pick lists don't export to excel only PDF,

when creating PO's all items come up rather than just items for that vendor,

inability to have different prices at different locations without creating promos/coupons,

the item inventory OH only shows adjustments without the current inventory after the adjustment necessitating a report to be run

socket mobile doesn't alert to bad scans

Inventory discrepancy report doesn’t show size/color then when the link is followed to determine that, it doesn’t go back to original location on iPad Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you make an informed decision and ask a lot of questions, particularly if you are transitioning from another system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main reason we switched to SR was due to its "robust' reporting capabilites. but because we have so many issues with the item costs, we cannot get an accurate read on our margins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It's pretty intuitive, things are where you'd think they'd be, you can use names vs numbers to look for items, and it's it's easy to navigate. I like that you're not overwhelmed with seeing a lot of options at once. When you're selling, you're only seeing your options to sell. When you're searching inventory, you're only seeing those options. I love the daily dashboard, letting me know where I'm at each day, tracking my store's sales by the hour, comparisons to last year, comparisons to our goal, and all of the goal break-downs so I can see exactly what both I and my team need to beat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's best features are almost some of what it's lacking for me. I want a more prominent option to track and download client information. I know part of that is my employer's choices, but I think it's also a priority in positioning the button. It's priority is selling first rather than selling & clienteling. I'd love a page that displayed all stores daily sales figures at once... rather than having to click on each store to know where each store is at...more of an at a glance, where is the company at each day compared to last year. Is my store doing what others are doing, or is mine an anomaly. I love the data driven approach, more of that.

I'm still getting used to the format, but I'd love to be able to easily see multiple pages at once...

And I find a scanning delay to be a bit problematic, double scanning happening for one. And also searching to be delayed. We did not experience this kind of delay before with Runit. I'm not sure if it's now because we're using a different type of server? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're solving issues related to inventory discrepancies, and accountability more easily. We can track who isn't fulfilling store's requests, and when things have been sent to a store incorrectly. They are more easily fixed. This is tremendously helpful!!!

I honestly can't wait for the shipping feature to be enabled as well so that we can create that all at once saving us valuable time! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Heartland Retail?

Heartland Retail Categories on G2