Cleo Integration Cloud

Cleo Integration Cloud

Cleo Integration Cloud is an ecosystem integration platform that makes it easy to build, automate and manage B2B, application, cloud, and data integrations. It's scalable, intuitive, and requires no custom code or specialized skillsets to manage daily integration operations.

Work for Cleo Integration Cloud?

Learning about Cleo?

Cleo Integration Cloud Reviews

Ask Cleo a Question
Showing 186 Cleo reviews
Cleo review by Val B.
Val B.

"Cleo VLTrader"

What do you like best?

Cleo VLTrader is the most reliable and robust communication software application I have used for EDI document file transfer. Leveraging the AS2 communication protocol for EDI exchange, it guarantees document delivery to your trading partners. If your trading partner is down for maintenance, Cleo VLTrader, will continue to retry until it is successful. Additionally, it will send you an email of the issue.

What do you dislike?

I hate the nagging that there is a newer version for the product. The product should allow me to set a schedule to automatically upgrade or stop nagging me until the next release or patch for the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Cleo Integration Cloud for EDI and non-EDI file transfer. Guarantee delivery and capable of transferring very large data makes this product the best in its class. Cleo's VLTrader is also my network alert system. We have dedicated software that tells us when we are having network issues but VLTrader is always first to report network issues.

Cleo Integration Cloud allows our company to connect with our EDI and none EDI partner for exchange business documents in a secure and reliable manner. It also allows for transfers of very large video and image documents at are Gigs in size. Similar software has issues with transferring large data. Cleo product has not only been reliable but fast to transfer data.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Cleo Integration Cloud
Cleo review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Complete, No-Nonsense EDI"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and speed to market is quite impressive. We are able to keep our EDI staff small and invest in them and Cleo products to meet all of our customer and vendor needs. It also fits in seamlessly with our internal systems.

What do you dislike?

We use Clarify and Harmony. Some of the error messages in Clarify could be better (more informative) and certain places in the Harmony interface tend to lag. Outside of those, it's an amazing product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You absolutely have to have your EDI employees look at the suite of products from Cleo. There's so much power and yet ease-of-use that you would be foolish not to consider them for your EDI needs.

We are able to rapidly deploy integrations with multiple partners at a time. This saves us money and time, increases our efficiencies, all while being a solid platform backed by an amazing support team.

What Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) solution do you use?

Cleo review by David F.
David F.

"A software package with a lot of options for communications."

What do you like best?

It works with our existing Extol software on our ISeries. It's also our AS2 replacement for our old Axway box for Pharmacy systems as well.

What do you dislike?

If a document fails it takes some manual effort to view or delete it. Certificates can be very hard to find. You can't name them. They go in under the name in the certificate. You can't view documents that had an error outbound. It may be a setting issue on my end though. Some bugs like the screen flickering on the transfer screen after looking at several documents or switching between windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We used professional services to do the move to save time. Take the main classes. Admin and user classes are a must if you want to get the most out of it.

It handles our AS2 traffic coming and going from our vendors and customers. I also use it for some FTP and SFTP traffic as well. I highly recommend taking the courses offered for the software you are using. It will make a huge difference in how quickly

Cleo review by Andre B.
Andre B.

"Cleo CIS could more that you think"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the quality of the product. It is easy to work, the interface is intuitive but It If you want more complex task, the tool can delivery this to you. Its easy to implement and to maintain. We are using the system for 1 year now and we are also finding things new in how we can improve our business using the power of Cleo

What do you dislike?

The Help menu is poor and the SVN with examples just cover a few cases. I couldn't find a good way to see what other customers are doing and share ideas. This is not actually a problem, but a opportunity to improve and get better. With a better document, we can work proactively into the problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system is good, stable. The support is fast and with a good quality. The price is competitive and the employees are great. Totally recommended.

I'm using for integration between my company and our customer/suppliers. With the EDI integration, we can automate and provide a quick solution and update about our deliveries. We are moving now to a cross dock integration where we will be able to connect our factories in Asia with our headquarter in Canada. This process will increase our delivery speed, reduce the gap for errors and add quality to our overall process.

Cleo review by Randy R.
Randy R.

"A lot of bang for the buck!"

What do you like best?

When we were first asked to connect to one of our customers with a secure protocol, we were overwhelmed with all of the terminology and had no clue on how to begin our project. One of my former colleagues suggested I take a look at Cleo to run on our IBM i.

After purchasing and installing Cleo, we were amazed how quickly we were up and trading transactions with our customer. Cleo has many predefined configurations available for download, and had one specifically for our customer. The configuration literally plugged into their software within seconds. After putting in our credentials, the file transfer worked the first time.

Since then we've added another customer, and also added our EDI VAN. Now all of our EDI goes to the VAN safely encrypted across the internet.

We have been using Cleo for about four years now and the software has never malfunctioned or crashed.

We've had to use their support two times, and they were very cheerful and helpful. And both times we found out the problem wasn't even with their software, but a connection issue between us and the customers.

The most amazing thing is that with all of these great benefits, the cost of the software license and the annual maintenance is extremely reasonable.

I highly recommend taking a look at Cleo if you need to trade data securely.

What do you dislike?

Whenever I have a new trading partner, I have to put together a PO and contact Cleo to purchase another license. I realize they are providing value and need to get paid.

I think it would be slick if we can have a pre-approved limit and utilize and pay for as little or as many as we need. That way we would pay for what we use but not have to go through the motions of ordering and paying for each new one when we need them.

Ensuring end to end secure data trading with our customers and vendors.

Cleo review by Mauro B.
Mauro B.

"CLEO is the solution we needed backed by tremendous support."

What do you like best?

CLEO really gives us the power to make our own EDI mappings for our Blue Cherry ERP where we used to be held hostage to have the vendor provide the mappings for a substantial fee and a long turn over period, we can now have a new mapping completed in a day or two and no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Whenever we come up with a "I wish CLEO could do..." scenario, it seems that they are working on it and it is due soon. This has already happened with the ability to integrate with NetSuite.

We were reliant on our ERP vendor to provide what we needed and were at their mercy for timelines and for cost. Now we are self sufficient and can also integrate with various systems. The end result is that we can now call the shots and do not have to worry that expensive, slow to turn over and buggy EDI mapping will cause us even more problems once we commission them.

Cleo review by aradhana s.
aradhana s.

"Review for Cleo Clarify "

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and the Support team is extremely helpful in answering any technical questions.

What do you dislike?

There have been instances when one of our team members who is new with Cleo is trying to adapt to the tool, so it would be helpful if you have a Discussion board that makes it easier for people to ask questions and get instantaneous replies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Big thumbs-up with the tool. Definitely consider using it for your EDI implementation needs.

We are building maps and using Clarify for translations, as said before the tool is very user-friendly and support is great. The speed of translations is also pretty good, so all in all very happy with it.

Cleo review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

" Nothing Short of Amazing"

What do you like best?

Implementation support and training are spot on. Overall, the software is very easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The integrated solution package can be a bit difficult to fully understand from the get go when it comes to data monitoring and security, especially if a user does not come from that kind of background. Also, version control supported by Clarify is SVN over Git.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The training provided by Cleo University is wonderful and a fantastic jumping off tool. If you understand what to do during those training sessions, you can apply the concepts across the entire software suite.

We have been able to quickly spin up complex business solutions for not only B2B communications, but internal applications transactions as well.

Cleo review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Ease of use, simple, reliable"

What do you like best?

Setting up new partners can get done in such short time. Not only the product is easy and simple to use but very reliable.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more information about macros, the information is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very easy and simple product to install, manage, administer and use. I recommend you only move to Cloud environments if you don't have the ability to manage and maintain a large number of connections and partners. On premises is a much better option for small to mid size business who have not a lot of partners to support.

We are trying to catch up and come ahead of the competition by completing initiatives that integrate our systems with our clients and partners and along the way, become more digital in our offerings. We have already integrated a number of partners which has increased our efficiency and productivity. Our investment on integration is already paying off by being able to do more with less and see our profits increase as a result of this investment in technology.

"Cleo Clarify/Lexicom Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use Clarify to convert various file formats into EDI that our ERP system understands.

What do you dislike?

As a whole, it is a very good product except the FTP adapters in Clarify. I don't like how the product is limited with secure FTP and not a lot of FTP functionality and/or options like there is in Lexicom. I also don't like how there is no grouping options for certain flat file schemas. One thing I would love to see is no charge for extra Lexicom hosts. This should be absorbed into the annual cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you receive some really good training on the products.

Clarify has impacted my work by allowing me to work with partners who don't use EDI. In these cases, we can convert from flat file or spreadsheets etc..

Cleo review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"B2B File Transfer and Document Transformation Solution"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and helpdesk. The Cleo team was very involved when we did our original deployment and has continued to be extremely responsive whenever there are questions. That being said, I rarely need to reach out since the environment is so intuitive.

What do you dislike?

With simplicity, you often have to sacrifice some elements of granular control. While the code behind the pages is accessible it's not so easy to integrate your own in-house applications if needed.

In the past, we have had to rely on piecemeal windows FTP and transmission application solutions to do file transfers. It's great to have that all under one house now. Clarify has also saved us a ton of money on document transformation services since we were able to bring that all within our company.

"Great, simple tool"

What do you like best?

We used to script our file transfers. Keeping track of .bat and .vbs files in folders on a network share was becoming messy. With Cleo, I can empower the script/file transfer owner to make their own changes to schedules, file names, etc.

What do you dislike?

It would be ideal if we could include more than a single mailbox/login for remote hosts, rather than having to create a new host every time we have more than one username. For example, we have multiple transfers we send to host xyz.com, but different transfers use different logins to access various folders on the remote server. Cleo only supports, to my knowledge, 1 mailbox per host, which increases the licenses required to perform these tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Cleo to anyone considering it, although I'm not aware of many alternatives. The product does exactly what we need it to do, and support is helpful when we're not sure how to best script a transfer. My only real concern is the "no multiple mailboxes" for a remote host.

We are able to configure file tranfers more quickly than before, with less time spent testing syntax and getting it into production. We are also able to utilize, more easily, additional features such as zipping files and encryption with pgp.

Cleo review by Administrator

"Reliable product with a great support staff"

What do you like best?

We've been using Cleo Harmony and Clarify for about four years now and they've been a significant improvement from our previous vendor, Dell Boomi. The software is very stable, easy to use and the support staff is quick to help when needed. Where-as we used to wait days or months for a reply, now we have answers same day.

What do you dislike?

The interface for Harmony is quite slow, which makes searching through transactions painful. Also, Clarify is constantly throwing errors, which is partially because of the way we're using it -- Although the system should allow for users to specify that certain actions are "Normal".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take an evaluation and see if it works for your needs. My opinion is that Cleo's products are the best on the market shy of programing your own solution.

Sending, receiving, and modifying EDI documents between our partners, vendors, and customers.

Increased reliability as well as a more simplified mapping process to handle customer modifications and change requests.

Cleo review by Yohan P.
Yohan P.

"Agile and futuristic cloud solutions"

What do you like best?

I have been working closely with Cleo on VLTrader and Harmony solutions for the past 8 years. Cleo provides the best customer support when it comes to meeting our Organizational goals. This helps us be ahead of the game compared other Health Care companies.

What do you dislike?

Being in health care going to cloud requires more time due to the type of data that is being shared. If Cleo can plan out their timing on new solutions based on different industries, it will be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you are looking for a software company to help your organization meet futuristic goals, choose Cleo.

Working with Cleo we have developed new solutions such as moving files to Cloud. Being able to support on premise applications and cloud transfers, helps us meet existing customer needs as well as explore new options on the cloud.

"CLEO Clarify 4"

What do you like best?

I love the look and feel of Clarify 4. Most of the time when an error occurs the program identifies exactly where that is. Clicking on the problem takes you to the location of the problem. With little decision making its usually easily fixed.

What do you dislike?

I do believe the help documentation could be better. However, because of its flexibility I can see why it is what it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Based on my years of experience with EDI this product rocks. If you understand EDI formats and have a little training this product will do what is needed to make your processes a success. There is more to this product than just processing EDI such as XML and SpreadSheets.

We will be using Clarify 4 once migrated off of EBI 2.6 for all our EDI processing. The simplicity in setup after initial processes are created is amazing. Being able to bring up EDI customers quickly is a huge plus. We also are able to use the File Monitoring system to push files to many different FTP locations.

Cleo review by User in Computer Software

"Best product for EDI "

What do you like best?

For sure one thing that I like about this product is the browser-based user interfaces. It makes it much easier to work with this product and also switch between production and test environments since you can open them in bowser tabs.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure if I dislike any part of this package but one thing that I can mention as an improvement of this package is to lower the amount of servers that we need to setup for the entire package if you ever decide to go with the plan of having PROD, TEST and HA environments. So far we have setup seven servers for the entire Cleo products that in my opinion this makes it more difficult to maintain of all of these servers beside all of other servers that we have. It could be much better to find a way to lower the amount of servers we need to setup the package.

We are using this product as a replacement for our current existing AS2 server for EDI purposes. Also we may use it for other purposes like A2A (application-to-application) integration solutions too.

Cleo review by Shastri R.
Shastri R.

"Cleo Lexicom has been successfully installed in our B2B environment for 10+ yrs."

What do you like best?

Simplicity and stability are key to our success. The product simply works without interruption allowing our B2B team to focus on value creation with our partners. This is a key service for us and it works flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

Until recently, there has been limited exposure to other Cleo products and Services. Although, we have been pleasantly surprised by the extensive product suite and the integration which exists with the many diverse third party solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Lexicom product works well.

We are current in discussion with CLEO's Account Team to determine if there are any additional products which meet our needs.

Engage the product and support teams as often as necessary as they are excellent resources who can truly smoothen implementation or transition.

We have addressed two key issues with the implementation of Cleo Lexicom. They are Simplification and standardization of EDI using AS/2. Our business partners have also standardized on this platform and so as our B2B ecosystem continues to evolve, we find that Cleo has the robust products and services which enable us to work with our customers efficiently and without interruption.

Cleo review by William M.
William M.

"Responsive company that backs up their product."

What do you like best?

In dealing with either support or the sales and engineering team, the staff is courteous and knowledgeable. However, if they do not know the answer, they will not feed you a line of crap. They will say I don't know, and then find an answer or solution to your question.

What do you dislike?

So far, there hasn't been anything for me to dislike. I have had multiple contacts with support, and a few contacts with sales/management, and it's all been positive.

Cleo is providing us with their FTP solution. We move large amounts of data and files between institutions and their product replaces the one we currently use. In comparison to the product they are replacing, Cleo's product is much easier to manage, and were promised it will be more robust.

Cleo review by Angie K.
Angie K.

"Cleo integration review"

What do you like best?

This product has been very reliable and is easy to use. I am fairly new to this and learning, support has been great! I think we have room to grow with this tool and utilize more functionality.

What do you dislike?

We are using EEI and I dislike that it doesn't handle flat files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have utilized other products with other companies and to me the support is the most important and Cleo has great support.

We are utilizing EEI for our claims and enrollment systems. I am new to this product in the last year and along with one other member of my team we have realized that there is probably even more we can do with EEI then we currently utilize and the support we've been given on problems has been outstanding.

Cleo review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"The Cleo Integration Cloud has been exactly what we needed."

What do you like best?

The best part of the Cleo Integration Cloud is that allows my company to simplify our approach to file transfer (currently AS2 and FTP). With the cloud solution, we do not have an on premise presence to maintain or staff for. The resources of Cleo are available to maintain, manage, and support the software and the hardware involved. Within our B2B staff, we did not have anyone specializing in network hardware or communications setup. By utilizing Cleo's Cloud solution, we are benefitting from the Cleo knowledge and management while our internal staff can remain committed to other projects.

What do you dislike?

To this point, I have not seen much in regards to how I can monitor file transfers or research a specific file transfer to prove success or failure to one of my trading partners. If the dashboarding or functionality exists, I would like to see more if it and understand how to find it. I have not found a quick / easy way to research the success or failure of a specific transaction without looking through many transactions from partners (other than the partner I am concerned about).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great choice for businesses who do not have staff to manage the servers and software that might otherwise be needed onsite.

My company has moved to Cleo Integration Cloud to fully support our AS2 transactions and secure FTP transactions satisfying some of our largest trading partners.

We can now offer our trading partners more protocols that we can use to communicate. This has helped us meet the needs of more partners more quickly.

Cleo review by Matin S.
Matin S.

"Cleo VLTrader"

What do you like best?

Powerful and simple to use, with fantasic support

What do you dislike?

Looking forward to cloud migration, SAAS, functionality in our hands and support and maintainability in Cleos hands

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cleo is a fantastic product, highly recommended for companies of any size. Ease of install, maintainability, usablility, all are some of the highest and best features. In my five years of use, I've been very happy with the application, and support. The CLEO family is one special group headed for high success.

Cleo has helped us managed B2B transfers, using a variety of platforms.

Cleo review by Administrator

"Mostly good, updating could use help"

What do you like best?

Versatility and organization of different projects is good. The interface of clarify specifically are pretty intense and overwhelming especially at first, though I'm not sure exactly how it would be better.

What do you dislike?

Updating from several revisions back could be better. It shows all updates on the list but you cant jump straight to the end else it won't work. You have to update one at a time in order. Only showing what is available next would be better, or updating everything in between when choosing a later update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're confident in your ability to adapt and learn and figure everything out then go with Cleo.

Benefits are nice in handling specific exceptions on a per customer/carrier basis and organizing workflow.

Cleo review by John P.
John P.

"Not a Glamorous Product, but reliable and gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see the files being transferred in real time by the Cleo Lexicom software. The program is updated regularly, and has never had stability issues. It isn't a pretty program with lots of shiny buttons, but it is solid. You set it and forget it and that is how it should be!

What do you dislike?

You have to get used to the phrasing that the program uses, but that is much like any program. It could be a little more intuitive, but overall it isn't that hard to learn. A nicer looking interface wouldn't hurt either.

We are using the Cleo Lexicom software suite to transfer EDI documents via AS2 with our trading partner. This offers secure encrypted document transmission and also easily integrates with our ERP software Syspro.

Cleo review by Administrator

"Looking to do EDI in the Cloud? Look no Further"

What do you like best?

My partner and I really liked using Cleo because of their support. We did not have to do much after the initial configuration of the platform on one of our virtual servers. We used Harmony, and it works well for us,.

What do you dislike?

When we first started up, we had a lot of meetings and discussion regarding how it would all play out -- which is fine, but after that the initial setup on our server and testing phase tok a while. For testing, part of the blame falls on the clients we work with who have slow support for EDI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a cloud-based EDI solution withn a full support staff that takes care of the EDI connections for you, go with Cleo.

We used to use GenTran and Lexicom, and we are uising Harmony now -- so EDI primarily. Having a cloud-based solution ran by a support team takes one more weight off my shoulders.

Cleo review by User

"Cleo Integration Cloud On Prem - Clarify & Harmony"

What do you like best?

Strong EDI capability within Clarify, trading partner management and FA reconciliation built right in. Re-usability of objects is key to being able to quickly on-board. Cleo Harmony has allowed us to consolidate all of our communications needs under one umbrella.

What do you dislike?

No high-level view of the overall business process flow, you can view individual process flows but there should be a higher level view than is available. Improving synchronization of dynamic objects like control numbers between design time and run time would also be helpful.

All data movement internally and external to the business. Translation of EDI, XML, flat files, database payloads. Integration with cloud APIs through Cleo-provided connectors and web service capabilities.

Cleo review by Shannon J.
Shannon J.

"CleoFTP/VLTrader/Cloud"

What do you like best?

I am happy with how reliable it is and smoothly jobs run. The alerting is nice as well.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I do not like is it does not have standard FTP error codes. Most of the errors that are returned are java errors so it make troubleshooting the error message a little hard at times. But, support is great so I do not worry if I can't figure it out. Support is great and very speedy with getting back to your if there is any problems.

Combining multiple pieces of FTP software into one location. We are currently using VLTrader and in the start of the process to move everything to the cloud.

Cleo review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"Cleo VLTrader review"

What do you like best?

The stability of the VLTrader platform is very solid. Once it's up and running, it STAYS up and running and very little care and feeding is necessary.

What do you dislike?

The admin interface is sometimes slow to respond and can get flaky when getting into report screens (e.g., viewing logs for tracing activity).

We use VLTrader to manage all FTP, sFTP, and AS2 connections with our customers and providers. The simplicity of the web interface makes it very easy to administer, and yet there's a rich set of options for more advanced configuration within each mailbox.

Cleo review by John B.
John B.

"Performance, Reliability and Support"

What do you like best?

Customer Service has always been excellent. Minimal wait times. Quickly addressing issues. Talking to a person right away with support tools for remote support. It's always been great dealing with their support.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a better customer service portal, but after having great online and phone support I don't really miss it much either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a list of requirements, fairly evaluate the solutions, costs, performance and customer service, development environments and speed of deployment in a non-biased way and I think you will understand that Cleo offers a great solution.

We integrate between many different formats(EDI, flat-file, excel, database, email). To be able to bring on new trading partners quickly and re-use existing solutions in a timely manor is a great benefit.

Cleo review by Administrator

"Harmony is changing the game of enterprise level MFT"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Harmony is the ease with which complex business integrations can be assembled and maintained all within one comprehensive and visually intuitive interface, as well as the reliability of the connections after the initial setup is done. It just works!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! If I had to pick something, there are so many useful features and functionalities within Harmony that you may have to dig around to find them for a while. But that's nitpicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for seamless integrations with business partners, ease of setup, maintenance, and great support along the way, Harmony and the Cleo Integration Cloud is the tool for your business.

With Harmony we solve the problem of having to interface both internally throughout the various business units at our company as well as externally with our trading partner database which is growing at an ever increasing rate. Harmony makes the setup and maintenance of this database extremely easy on the administration side, and also allows our business users visibility into the data that matters to them.

Cleo review by Ramesh R.
Ramesh R.

"Excellent Support "

What do you like best?

The software installation was not working for a week due to our company's internet setup we tried to install ourselves and we spent 40 hours to find out the reason but couldn't succeed, Cleo support person looked into it and asked us to install it in a way that works, it worked in the first run itself and he was very clear about the issue and gave us the reason why it doesnt work that way. we are very much satisfied with their timely help and resolution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that we dislike from Cleo service.

we have installed the upgraded version Cleo Lexicom AS2 since we moved to a new Iseries box and Cleo supported us to make it through.

Cleo review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Great value and service."

What do you like best?

The ease and timeliness to implement new customer EDI maps and communications. The project and services teams personalized support. The product roadmap and strategy of Cleo.

What do you dislike?

The ETA wait time for resolutions when logging service and support requests for map changes or testing compared to being able to walk over to the internal team when something is needed.

To improve growth through organic new customers and acquisitions we implemented a new EDI solution for communications, mapping, and file sharing that allows us to onboard new customer maps in days rather than weeks (compared to legacy solution with the internal team and on prem solutions).

Cleo review by User

"Cleo Integration Cloud did exactly what I needed it to do"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Cleo software is that it works perfectly almost every time. Generally speaking, we have nearly 100% uptime. When things go awry, it's almost never a result of the Cleo Integration Cloud.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more community support - maybe a message board or discussion group? - for supporting newer people using the software. More resources, like a knowledge base, would be helpful in learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is easy to use, but you have to know where to go to find things. I'd make sure you're well aware of how to use the functionality you need before going live.

We are able to process multiple transfers at one time and get real-time reporting for any errors that may occur. Where I used to spend hours tracking down WHY something failed, now I can see almost instantly.

Cleo review by Pete G.
Pete G.

"EEI quality and Extol Support"

What do you like best?

First of all, let me tell you experience with EEI. We've been using EEI for a little over 2 years now. Although EDI is a major initiative at HR Ewell, I've only developed two maps, and have another 7 in the pipeline. So, after 2 years and only periodic exposure to EEi, you can imagine I need help from time to time as it is easy to forget if I'm not using the product on a consistent basis. That being said, I've found the EEI is a very solid product (I've never found any bugs/anomalies with it). But what I am impressed most with the is support I receive from Extol (Specifically Kassie and Tim). I've never had an issue they couldn't resolve quickly. In addition, the support team at Extol does their job (very well) with a level of professionalism that matches their product knowledge.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything I dislike. Maybe the documentation could be a little more structured, such as How To topics in addition to the normal format.

Load Tender Entry and Response. Future, Invoicing and load status.

Cleo review by Administrator

"This is nice tool to do the data transformation and communication ."

What do you like best?

I really like the Cleo application architecture like if you configure the database to capture the transaction and due to any reason your database is down its auto switch to xml and once DB is back auto write the data from xml file to DB without any issue,

What do you dislike?

there are some problem in Cleo Harmony and Navigator web site which needs to be improve

We got the Cleo to reduce the load from our existing B2B application, Now we are doing data transformation in existing B2B application and using Cleo for data communication with partners.

Cleo review by Mike L.
Mike L.

"Fantastic Product"

What do you like best?

I like how robust the platform is. By playing around with Clarify, one can see all the use cases / capabilities of the system.

What do you dislike?

Although there is a lot of documentation, sometimes it is difficult to figure out what is needed for a project.

I am in the process of learning clarify but have implemented harmony at a client site.

Cleo review by Teresa L.
Teresa L.

"Cleo Clarify Experience"

What do you like best?

Coming from EBI 2.6, I think the UI is more user friendly than EBI. The text editor in the mapping/ruleset is very helpful and convenient.

What do you dislike?

Comparing to EBI 2.6, Clarify no longer has the option to test the SQL actions. The responsiveness in the UI is also slower in Clarify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product if others are looking gain control and management of their EDI processes.

The benefit of having all objects related to a EDI process/partner under one project/package is great.

Cleo review by Administrator

"Cleo is a solid company with a good product suite."

What do you like best?

We are still implementing but so far it was easy to install and configure, as well as having a smaller footprint than our existing software. The web interface is intuitive and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Would like it to have the ability for automated cleanup of stale user accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the research and compare features with pricing structure. For us this was the best of both worlds.

We are still implementing this solution and are replacing an aging software that won't scale to the level that Cleo allows us to. This will give us more agility and greater control.

"Cleo Versalex"

What do you like best?

I haven't called tech support for many years, but when I did the help I got was second to none. The sales team is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The amount of memory the software uses is a little concerning. I have the software working hard so some memory usage is to be expected, but it seems high. Also, the software certainly isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for so I suppose this is more of a neutral comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am only using a small portion of the software's capabilities. I'm sure that if I were to explore everything Cleo can do I would find other uses for it.

Cleo is allowing us to send and receive data using sFTP. The software is most helpful when it retries failed communications, because not all of our partners have 24/7 uptime. It's also fantastic that the software will not send / delete a file that isn't 100% written, so I don't have to worry about partial files / corrupted files.

Cleo review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Impressions from a new customer"

What do you like best?

Once baseline maps have been established it is very easy to use the project generator and add a new trading partner and customize to meet the new partner requirements.

What do you dislike?

The on-boarding experience has been rough. Not specifically related to the product, but the communication and being informed in all aspects of what you need to know as a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get training. Allow plenty of time for learning curve. Engage professional services for faster implementation.

EDI as AS2 communications. We are not in production yet but we are looking for greater visibility to data exposed through EDI.

Cleo review by Peggy B.
Peggy B.

"They are the best!"

What do you like best?

They always get back with me very quickly and work very hard to help with all of my issues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I have never had any issues with them and they are always helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are very helpful and usually are able to talk to someone right away.

They are our support for EDI. Our software if very outdated so they sometimes are challenged by my issues.

Cleo review by Bradley W.
Bradley W.

"Easy to work with and full featured"

What do you like best?

The packaged schemas that are included. The ease of creating new schemas. I work in a company where custom schema's are a weekly occurrence, so the ease of setting new ones up is incredibly useful.

What do you dislike?

The strict java-based naming conventions. This seems like somewhat of a step backwards from the customization I had available in Clarify 2.6

B2B integrations, internal SQL jobs, internal email alerts. The platform enabled me to quickly and easily offer solutions to management for a broad range of issues.

Cleo review by Rich C.
Rich C.

"Cleo EDI review"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, great technical support and very knowledgeable techs. Overall faster implementation for new EDI partners. Cloud based allows us to free up internal hardware and consulting resources.

What do you dislike?

Sometime it takes a while for a tech to get back to us when we open a ticket.

Faster, less expensive EDI implementations. Like the ability to be able to implement by reusing EDI document templates. Simpler EDI integration and production for new EDI partners, more visibility and tracking. Hoping to be able to implement customer without EDI--by using spreadsheet orders that get imported.

Cleo review by Raimond K.
Raimond K.

"Great piece of software, fantastic support team"

What do you like best?

Cleo software is trustworthy software that provides a large variety of options to communicate with your Trading Partners. Cleo Support is excellent as well. You will receive a quick response and they will assist you in setup and even communication with the trading partners.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, the software is robust, light and support is very helpful when you are experiencing problems.

Communication of orders, shipments and invoices with Trading Partners. The benefits I have realized are less manual entry errors, faster response time in acknowledging our orders and with that enlarged our compliance rate with our customers.

Cleo review by User

"One Tool for Most Integration Needs"

What do you like best?

Mapper is easy-to-use and self-documenting across several data formats. Anyone can read a map and understand what is going on. EDI partner management is second-to-none in the industry. New ventures into supporting JSON and cloud based systems is exciting, though we are not taking advantage of that yet.

What do you dislike?

Visibility into the system isn't the greatest, Dashboards can be stronger. Automated error notifications can be stronger at the server level (notify users when the underlying server is having issues).

Handling all file formats from customers (EDI, XML, proprietary, XLS) with a single tool. Addressing all needed integration points within our firm (TMS integration, OMS integration). Have consolidated several solutions and are working on consolidating more.

Cleo review by Donald R.
Donald R.

"One of the easiest to use front-end edi solutions"

What do you like best?

* Ease of use

* Support for System commands/programs such as Powershell

* Reasonable cost

* Great support

* Works great with 3rd party API as well

What do you dislike?

* Sometimes Powershell scripts do not run correctly through CLEO

* There are glitches when duplicating another connection in that the new connection will disappear

* FTP features do not seem as robust as AS2

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used CLEO Integration Cloud.

CLEO allows me to easily integrate with most ERP systems as it uses a simple folder structure.

This has been very beneficial when it comes to automation of EDI functions.

Cleo review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"Great Support, Easy Interface"

What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use. Real easy to load certs and set up trading partners. Also, their support is great - always very timely and helpful.

What do you dislike?

With a 2 node cluster, it would be nice if there was a 'master' control to restart services on both nodes without having to go in to each node.

We wanted best in class encryption and ease of use for our EDI transactions, and Cleo gives us that.

Cleo review by Warren K.
Warren K.

"Best EDI/Data Manipulation Software In The Market"

What do you like best?

The versatility of Cleo Clarify. It is not just used for traditional EDI. We use it for all our data conversion projects. The development is fast and allows for multiple formats of data.

What do you dislike?

Extol/Cleo has done an amazing job of the software with V4. If we were on V2, I could have a list of things I didn't like. We have found no limitations with V4. It is easy, efficient and very fast to develop/maintain projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been in EDI for 29 years and have used a 1/2 dozen different EDI solutions. Nothing compares to Cleo Clarify.

We do everything from traditional EDI with VANs to sending/receiving data via email, FTP and webservices. We use the software to integration with other applications, databases and customers/trading partners.

"Wonderful support service!"

What do you like best?

The support service CLEO offers is wonderful! I've never waited longer than 20 minutes for a call back on tickets I've submitted and we're always able to resolve the issue right over the phone.

What do you dislike?

Being forced to move from ESX as we are very happy with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support service is wonderful and incredibly knowledgeable. Cleo listens and values the feedback of their customers.

Cleo gives us communication tools and the ability to connect with X12 so we can partake in EDI transactions with our customers.

"Implementation Specialist"

What do you like best?

Cleo Clarify has vast capabilities and features that make deploying and maintaining data integrations easy. The software is continuously updated and enhanced.

What do you dislike?

As the software has been updated and enhanced with capabilities, certain features of the product have become "buggy". The software bugs are usually more of an annoyance that can be worked around.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The capabilities exceed what can be easily demonstrated in a demo. Other users can probably provide provide real world answers to any questions that you may have.

Cleo Clarify has allowed us to more rapidly deploy data integrations for our clients.

Cleo review by Carl S.
Carl S.

"Cleo Harmony Product - very succesul"

What do you like best?

Support team very responsive. Product delivered desired results. Was able to go live in a very short time frame to meet customers demands. Cleo team is very knowledgeable and helpful in resolutions.

What do you dislike?

There is no negative experiences with this product so far. It has met our requirements and support team has been very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great support and product... we were up and running very quick. A dedicated team help with the install and transitioned us to support after we were fully integreated.

It allows us to migrate EDI platform from Extol to Cleo relative easily.

Learn more about Cleo Integration Cloud

Cleo Integration Cloud Videos

Learning about Cleo Integration Cloud?

* We monitor all Cleo Integration Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.