WordStream Reviews & Product Details

WordStream Overview

What is WordStream?

WordStream Advisor is an online advertising management software solution offered by WordStream, Inc. It allows advertisers to manage their Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads campaigns from a single dashboard, the only software solution of its type to offer both PPC and paid social management. WordStream Advisor aims to simplify every aspect of online advertising, from ad creation to ongoing campaign monitoring. At the heart of WordStream Advisor is the 20-Minute Work Week, which allows advertisers to make changes to their PPC and paid social campaigns based on intelligent, personalized recommendations based on users’ individual account data. This enables users to make changes across the entirety of their accounts without wasting hours sifting through irrelevant data, in addition to making it easier for advertisers to identify areas of their account that can be optimized for immediate gains. Simply review the recommendations offered by the 20-Minute PPC Work Week, make the suggested changes, and get on with running your business. WordStream Advisor’s features will also help you manage geotargeting, dynamic keyword implementation, call tracking and conversion tracking, performance reporting, and landing pages. For an added fee, the company offers premier consulting services through a dedicated account manager, as well as a managed services program, where a dedicated account manager fully manages your PPC account and campaigns for you. In addition, WordStream offers a number of free tools for marketers, including the AdWords Performance Grader, which quickly and securely evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of an AdWords account before providing users with a personalized report identifying areas in which improvements can be made. The Grader also offers users insight into how their account compares to competing advertisers in their industry and with similar budgets, as well as according to established PPC best practices. This allows advertisers to see, at a glance, how well they’re doing and how they stack up against the competition. Other free tools include a Landing Page Grader, Bing Ads Grader, and free keyword tools for SEO and PPC keyword list building.

WordStream Details

WordStream is a online advertising software platform built for small to medium sized businesses with step-by-step guidance on how to get more leads, customers and revenue quickly from paid search and paid social advertising campaigns.

Our software shields you from AdWords’ complexity and frequent changes, but at the same time gives you expert-level performance improvement advice. WordStream does the heavy lifting so you don’t have to.

Having analyzed over $9B of AdWords spending – more than any company except Google – our data-driven automated recommendations make sure your ads are seen and clicked on by more people.

Our platform also includes a suite of tools including Landing Pages, Call Tracking, and Facebook advertising.

WordStream

WordStream Screenshots

WordStream Reviews

Showing 913 WordStream reviews
Already have WordStream?
What do you like best?

I like that you can add different accounts from your different digital ads efforts and they give you a report on how you are doing and how to improve. It also gives you ideas on what you can do to make things better and to improve your overall campaigns. It also lets you do ads on the website and gives you tips and keywords that are commonly searched so that you can include it in your ad. It will also give you a 20-minute week where you can focus 20 minutes of your week to improve the marketing adds in different areas like search traffic optimization, ads, split ad groups, placements, lookalike page fans, and remarketing website visitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could include the new next-door marketing effort for ads as well as a better synchronization with Facebook like it has with google and bing. Sometimes the recommendations come back even though you don't approve of them. (Not sure if this is something that I need to learn) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just starting make sure to add the bundle in which you get a consultation every 2 weeks. They are highly knowledgable and they give you great recommendations on where to improve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were unsure about starting digital ads on our own and using workstream allowed us to be hands-on on our digital marketing. Another benefit is we are able to see new keywords either to search or to add as negatives that are recommended by the system. It will also show you the Querystream to make sure you know what are people typing while your ads are coming up. Lastly, I also like that it shows the placements of your ads in your different accounts so that you can make sure you can either approve the placement or stop the ad from showing on the site. All of this while being user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director, Finance (Cell and Gene / CAR-T / Kymriah)
What do you like best?

For ones Google Ads compensate, I use Wordstream, and my ROI has been improved massively. Before using Wordstream, my awareness with PPC ads was really restricted but calling my account manager twice weekly helped me learn a lot extra. I begin my calls to inquiries about the performance of the consideration and maybe we'll offer any suggestions to ramp the acct. The proposals are very useful and are often very effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that much, however there are a few attributes also on Wordstream platform that are not supported, so I must do them on my Google Adwords consideration. It isn't too even more trouble, but I've got smart shopping and display campaigns going on that must be run via Google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would really recommend that you use Wordstream if you are starting to struggle to increase the ROI on thier acct, as well as if you're not using sufficient time to devote to PPC ads. I have greatly improved the role on my acct thanks of their technical assistance and their recommendations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In our conversion tracking process, we are in a strange circumstance and Wordstream has managed to help us to evolve a solution to these problems. In addition, they assisted us modify our account in order relevant advertising, better quality and more conversion rates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We implemented WordStream in order to manage our campaigns and develop ad content to capture the attention of prospects through advertising campaigns in social networks and PPC channels. What I like best about WordStream is that I can carefully monitor the impact and reach of my Google AdWords, Microsoft Ads and Facebook Ads campaigns through one panel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all the recommendations are useful, I would say that most of them and their price is high, I consider this one made for medium and big companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More what recommended to companies that want to generate more income from advertising and publicity on the most important platforms. WordStream is an ideal partner for marketing management in any organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One clear benefit of using WordStream for content development for our advertising campaigns in social networks and PPC channels such as Google AdWords and Facebook Ads is that it has represented a saving of time and money in turn we can generate new prospects and customers by expanding our presence and opportunities. We have increased our sales and have achieved a better rotation of our products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The consulting service has been remarkably empowering for us. Having another set of eyes to look at our campaigns would have been enough in some circumstances, but there is so much I did not know that I know feel much more capable to handle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The display ads editor may not be as good as the native Google Ads editor. In a lot of ways, I'm still searching to find the deeper value of the software for our use case. I would not say that's a dislike, just a point of interest that the real value comes from the team that backs the software, not the software itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think if I wasn't spending the extra for the consulting service I'm not sure I would have bought it. However, with the consulting service it's an amazing deal. If you are serous about advertising on Google, I think you owe it to yourself and your clients to work with them for at least 3 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Delivering better value and lead quality and better ROI for google and facebook ads. Monitoring spend across platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Consultant
What do you like best?

Useful lead segmenting software and quite simple product on configuration and it offers the best Cloud deployment, and for the beginners online training its offered for quick and easy understanding of WordStream manipulation.

WordStream provides an excellent coordination ability for the team to stay on one truck, pipeline and tasks management with the platform is good.

Easy tool for handling Ads, and very helpful on Google Ads campaign viewing and it offers the entire team the ability to execute, planning and even management of different campaigns.

Easy for the user analyzing campaigns data, channel management and very powerful on accounts Automating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Just for the new users on the platform, the tool learning can be hard but its not exactly like that, within no time all works just perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WordStream its an excellent software for the different marketing small and the complex industries and its quite easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multiple campaigns management, segmentation, lead capturing and Automating of many different things among many more tool usage benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The 20 minute work week has always been my go-to tool for keeping accounts in good shape. It is the 80/20 of Google Ads management. The user interface is very easy to use and is similar to both the Google Ads and Facebook Ads interfaces. The search query report provides a ton of detail which makes it very easy to quickly and easily isolate negative terms that you want to filter out at the ad group to account level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They recently released the ability to create and edit responsive search ads however, they don't let you copy them from ad group to ad group. Their Facebook management tool is a bit week and doesn't seem to provide the same level of insight as you can get from Facebook's native tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problems I am solving are managing multiple accounts. The 20 minute work week allows me to work on the key areas on the smaller accounts allowing me to focus on the larger accounts in more detail. The amount of time I save every week doing mundane tasks with Wordstream helps make each client more profitable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
Consumer Goods
What do you like best?

I inherited the job of advertising the eCommerce side of our business with PPC. It was daunting, and I made a number of mistakes trying to do it myself. I found WordStream while searching for an answer to a question. They had tons of information on how to do things, and ultimately I signed on with them. I worked with a Customer Success Specialist, who has helped me to understand AdWords and how to use WordStream to make my time better spent. It is a constant learning curve, but WordStream has made it easier. It has been a number of years since we began with Wordstream, and I still log in and take a look at the weekly suggestions, it is easy to create ads, and I can copy certain things between Google and Bing. I can also manage Facebook ads somewhat. My favorite feature is the search terms, and how easy it is to add words a negatives or keywords - all or part of the search term, and set the terms to Broad, Phrase, or Exact. This is much more limited in the actual advertising platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features have changed since I began with Wordstream, but it is still a very robust program. The main thing that seems to be more limited now, is copying between Google and Bing. It is very easy when creating a campagin/ad group, but copying existing items seems to be lacking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot. The information that you will learn is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We now track our conversions and can see how our advertising budget is or isn't working. We are a small business, and every penny counts. I now have ads that are more focused, ad groups that are more relevant, and my CTR and CPA are getting better each month. Our account was a mess, and I am able to get it cleaned up and working to our advantage! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am still fairly green at PPC. Wordstream's 20-minute workweek has helped guide me through what areas I should be paying attention to and what I should be looking at to help optimize my campaign. The bi-monthly calls have been really helpful at explaining how to optimize Adwords and what I should be thinking about on how to set up my campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love more recommendations for ways to improve my campaign via removing keywords or entire ad groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wordstream has been invaluable to me! I have been so much more comfortable managing my PPC accounts because I know I have an experienced eye over-looking my campaigns and ensuring that I am not totally going down the wrong track. They gently give feedback and alert you to any major hiccups that may be happening. As well, they are always looking for ways to help you optimize your buy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am trying to figure out where to save money within our PPC campaign. I have been able to find keywords where we can reduce the CPC due to lower performance so we can maximize those keywords that are doing well.

During the onboarding process, Wordstream's technical support team did an AMAZING job of updating all of our landing pages and website with updated cookies to better track click conversions. We never would have been able to set it up without them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having one view of all accounts (grouped by person handling), is an invaluable tool in keeping track of performers and underperformers.

Another great component is plugging in goals for monthly spend. Having this all in one area makes it easy to identify campaigns early that may not be meeting their weekly or monthly budget goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Software suggestions to not always seem to be helpful or worthwhile in applying. Negative keyword tool does not make adding negatives any easier (maybe even more challenging), when adding large groups of negatives.

Custom columns cannot be added on accounts screen which can limit a lot of the benefits of using the tool (even having the ability to add just a few more columns would be helpful ex. conversion rate, conversions by impression rate, etc).. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing spend, identifying problems early, having a birds eye view of accounts, sales tool for budget estimates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I love so many things about the software but mostly I love how it helps to organize our efforts around optimization. It helps us to know quickly where we can make changes to impact the campaigns in a positive way. I also love how the company just saturates you with attention to make sure you understand the software and get it fully implemented. That's important. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now, I can't think of anything I don't like. We can't create responsive ads in their currently but that's a relatively new feature in Google ads and I hear it's on the way to being implemented in Wordstream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait. It's well worth it. I looked at it for almost a year before committing. Should have done it sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have significantly streamlined our process of campaign review and optimization. We are also able to see, at a glance, where our clients' campaigns are in terms of spend and performance. We've saved time. Our clients have saved money and experienced an increases in leads. That's the bottom line and what counts most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Creative Director
Public Relations and Communications
Owner
What do you like best?

As an agency, having software that better evaluates which accounts need attention the most is invaluable for us to plan our day from an account management perspective. Wordstream also does a great job at pointing out which factors can/will affect Quality Score. We find that the tools, as provided by Wordstream, do a better job than the native Google Ads interface at educating and empowering us to continue making smart changes to our accounts to increase conversions, decrease CPA, and limit wasted spend.

Ultimately, we feel they currently provide a better interface for Google Ads than Google itself, which is saying something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The New Business portal is a module we paid for and, while it shows promise, it also has some issues that we are hoping Wordstream is working on ironing out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To get the most from the program, make sure you spend time learning how to be a good PPC manager on your own. Wordstream, in our opinion, enhances rather than outright replaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Increasing Quality Score on ads and keywords is huge - it's helping us reduce our cost per acquisition, which further allows us to drive higher conversion numbers with a given budget. In its own way, Wordstream has also helped to continue to educate our PPC team with the insights it offers throughout the account management process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Wordstream just for my Google Ads account and it has massively improved my account's ROI. My knowledge of PPC ads was quite limited before using Wordstream but having biweekly calls with my account manager has helped me learn much more. I tend to start my calls with questions about the account's performance and then we will go through any recommendations to scale the account. The recommendations are really useful and often produce great results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much I dislike, but there are a few features that aren't supported on Wordstream's platform so I have to do them on the Google Ads account. This isn't too much hassle but I have Smart Shopping and Display campaigns running which have to be managed through Google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are struggling to improve the ROI on your account, or if you simply don't have enough time to dedicate to PPC ads then I really would recommend using Wordstream. The technical support they offer and recommendations they have provided me with have boosted the performance on my account massively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wordstream makes it very easy to manage keywords. The Querystream feature is so useful and saves so much time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

minimal benefit. You need consulting to figure out their software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Canceled the service in April 2019. I was immediately called and they offered to drop the price $550 a month so accepted. My controller notified me this month that the billing went up $300. The new price was never applied and I was over charged thousands. Contacted Wordstream and their reply was that I didn't e-sign a new contract and if I didn't like that I could go to my credit card company. Watch them closely as they will offer you one thing and not deliver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

watch you billing a get a lower price to start, they will give huge price concessions with a little pushback. If you are current customer get a lower price by threatening to cancel. Make sure you get the lower price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better ROI. No, managed Google account with Google tools and help of Google staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can have a touchbase with a knowledgeable consultant. Similar to us, I know that several companies are forced to have employees where many different hats. Wordstream relives a huge burden of this, because they help transition you into becoming a master of Ads (adwords). This can be a major improvement from simply relying on Youtube Videos, and outdated blog posts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there could be more consulting time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are in a unique situation in regards to our conversion tracking, and Wordstream has helped us develop a solution for this issue. This is on top of how incredibly well they have helped us optimize our account to drive better ads, better content, and more conversions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing & Web Coordinator
What do you like best?

My favorite part of Wordstream's services is the 20-minute-work week. If I'm short on time, this helps me optimize the most-important things in my campaigns without spending several hours digging into metrics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not a dislike, per se, rather an "outside looking in" kind of feeling. Unless your business has at least $1000 to spend a month with PPC, Wordstream might not be the right tool for you. We've slowly increased our PPC budget and Wordstream was the first thing I requested to pay for when we had the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While I've managed dozens upon dozens of campaigns, my Wordstream advisor has helped me hone in on exactly what's working and what's not. Together, we make high-impact changes that result in way more conversions than we ever had when I was managing PPC on my own. You rock, Chris! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Director
What do you like best?

It lets you know what keywords you can use to improve your content. It is the tool responsible for monitoring spending, quality levels and keyword performance. Wordstream software allows me to quickly, efficiently, add, or remove features from each individual campaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What puts this tool at a disadvantage compared to the others, is the high cost it has when acquiring it, therefore it means that small companies cannot incorporate it into their activities, since this aspect can cause an impact on the economic part of the organization, and more if it is a company that is starting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a fairly ideal tool for organizations, specifically large companies that are always in need of innovating and implementing tools that provide satisfactory results for their success. WordStream is a very useful tool in the field of campaigns, advertisements and advertising reports or any marketing material, since it allows you to find the keywords that drive the performance of the organization. It is expensive but it is worth its implementation thanks to its functions that it offers for your activities. In turn, it is a tool that will not take up much time when training personnel to use it, because its use is truly easy and productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We started using WordStream because through it we can effectively identify the paid search accounts that need to be improved. It is a tool that helps us detect duplicate words, and provides us with keywords to develop our campaigns, offers and ads in a better way, in order to increase quality scores and account performance. WordStream is a tool that we use every day because it has quite useful functions for the organization and it has favored us immensely giving us productive results for the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I didn’t like anything, and found this annoying and unethical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they collected an email address listed on a website and added it to their marketing email list to solicit my business. I NEVER gave permission, nor did I ever type my email address in for them to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just know they don’t care if you actually requested their product or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem I have is that they used my email address without permission. And then added emails to my inbox. I don’t use it for anything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
What do you like best?

The customer service is great. They really hold your hand through onboarding and go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are still building out the Facebook Ads portion. Google Ads software is better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wordstream is a great tool that makes it simple to do my search & social ad optimizations. They not only make my weekly optimization easy, but also take the headache out of providing client reports. They also give me confidence that the client work I'm doing is strong. The best part of the company is their customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making my Google & Facebook Ads optimizations easy & straightforward. Saves me a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EM
What do you like best?

- Engaged them for PPC as a managed service across YT, FB, LI and Adwords.

- Brilliant service & results

- Brilliant team, with fantastic culture. Great reporting, and just SMART + efficient team

- Regan Hamilton was our consultant , brilliant Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. It's extremely rare to NOT complain about an agency - and this is one of those rare occasions.

Used them for more than a year - great experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My review is based purely on using Wordstream as a managed service provider - for this they are phenomenal.

For the software WS provides - unfortunately didn't use this much, as our Account Managed looked after everything we needed.

If you're looking for someone dependable, trustworthy to hand your paid channels - they are really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consistency of ROI from Adwords - great performance always.

Alleviating internal teams, handing off YT/FB/LI to a dependable partner . Great knowledge and results across all paid channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.