WordStream Reviews & Product Details

What is WordStream?

WordStream Advisor is an online advertising management software solution offered by WordStream, Inc. It allows advertisers to manage their Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads campaigns from a single dashboard, the only software solution of its type to offer both PPC and paid social management. WordStream Advisor aims to simplify every aspect of online advertising, from ad creation to ongoing campaign monitoring. At the heart of WordStream Advisor is the 20-Minute Work Week, which allows advertisers to make changes to their PPC and paid social campaigns based on intelligent, personalized recommendations based on users’ individual account data. This enables users to make changes across the entirety of their accounts without wasting hours sifting through irrelevant data, in addition to making it easier for advertisers to identify areas of their account that can be optimized for immediate gains. Simply review the recommendations offered by the 20-Minute PPC Work Week, make the suggested changes, and get on with running your business. WordStream Advisor’s features will also help you manage geotargeting, dynamic keyword implementation, call tracking and conversion tracking, performance reporting, and landing pages. For an added fee, the company offers premier consulting services through a dedicated account manager, as well as a managed services program, where a dedicated account manager fully manages your PPC account and campaigns for you. In addition, WordStream offers a number of free tools for marketers, including the AdWords Performance Grader, which quickly and securely evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of an AdWords account before providing users with a personalized report identifying areas in which improvements can be made. The Grader also offers users insight into how their account compares to competing advertisers in their industry and with similar budgets, as well as according to established PPC best practices. This allows advertisers to see, at a glance, how well they’re doing and how they stack up against the competition. Other free tools include a Landing Page Grader, Bing Ads Grader, and free keyword tools for SEO and PPC keyword list building.

WordStream Screenshots

Companies Using WordStream

Micron Technology
Sephora
Mylan
The Global Work & Travel Co.
Web Design POP

Most Recent WordStream Video Review

"Great Product"

Founder

"Money-Sucking Experience"

What do you like best?

At first, the process seemed easy and convenient. It is nothing but. There is nothing to help you monitor your ads efficiently in a way that actually saves your business money. What happens is that the software and the consultants become an additional expense and the amount of "experimenting" they do is just recklessness with your marketing budget. You end up spending more time monitoring the software than just if you left your adwords account running without their help. Their staff is friendly but lack business sense. There is much room for improvement.

What do you dislike?

Things easily get out of control with their service. Without looking for a few days, their software automatically does absurd things for your business like raise CPA to ridiculous amounts without prior approval. BEFORE WE USED WORDSTREAM, OUR ADS WERE PROFITABLE. After signing on with them, their software and consulting expertise has cost us thousands of dollars with no chance of getting out of the contract for several more months. Be wary of any ads service that locks you up for 6 months and more, refusing you any sort of trial. Their demo staff also kept on overpromising and their service has been seriously underwhelming, to say the least.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider carefully. Perhaps Wordstream is more beneficial to larger businesses. Small-medium businesses, stay far away.

There has been no business problem that they solved for us. They merely restructured our account and have been spending our ads budget recklessly. I have never been so angry and disappointed at a service charging such premium rates before. Their software and service is merely a smoke and mirrors type of enterprise, and for small businesses, their services are an unecessary and burdensome expense. Perhaps if you are a larger business, they may do a better job with their higher paying clients. Unfortunately, we not only derived 0 benefit from their services, we have lost precious time and money and will continue so.

Response from Jessica A of WordStream

Hi Christy, a manager on our customer success team is trying to connect with you to help rectify your situation. We would love to work with you to get back on track. The main reason for your CPA change is because you changed your conversion tracking to measure order completion instead of simply starting an order. This doesn't necessarily mean that your account performance has changed or gotten worse, it simply means that you are measuring it differently. I hope that helps!

UPDATE: Christy has been let out of her contract and refunded for recent charges.

Digital Marketing & Advertising

"Excellent management of multiple advertising campaigns."

What do you like best?

With this program I can easily detect the differences in the performance of differents accounts and immediately recognize the opportunities and the wasted expenditure, which I think is very good. In addition, the keyword research tool is good at finding the right objectives for your content strategy. The first level consulting package helps answer questions and has given me many positive comments regarding the strategic focus of our account. I love weekly perspectives and ad tracking.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see an optional feature where Wordstream provides suggested daily updates. I could notice carefully that there are some sections that are still in an old design and those pages are more difficult to navigate because you have to scroll to the right and you can not see the whole screen at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone who wants to do a large-scale integration of advertising in their digital marketing plan will definitely find Wordstream beneficial. It is very important for companies in market expansion, its high capacity could make you save a lot of time, it certainly has some advantages in terms of modifying your campaigns.

Intechnic uses WordStream because it provides the best feedback on the quality of campaigns and analyzes each account for performance, comparable spending across the industry and best practices. Its use is comfortable, it has also helped us to define how to use our budget more effectively and the aspect of strategic management.

Marketing Specialist

"I got my entire team started with WordStream"

What do you like best?

What I love most about WordStream is that it doesn't become another daunting thing on my to do list. When they say 20 minute work week, they really mean it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that concerned me at first was feeling like I wasn't using all the tools available. It's a very robust system and I didn't really have time to learn another thing. But the one on one personal support calls have really solved that. I get to learn a little more each call and can begin implementing them at a pace that makes sense for me and my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're even thinking that you need a way to manage your adwords and social campaigns, definitely give WordStream a go. You'll be impressed with how much time you're truly saving using this product.

My team has three very different marketing goals with different people managing them constantly. WordStream has allowed us to streamline the process and make more unified and informed decisions about future campaigns. We're all on the same page now.

Marketing

"Love using Wordstream & excellent consultation!"

What do you like best?

The software is so easy and straight forward to use, for a novice and advanced PPC expert.

The consultants have a great knowledge of the software and PPC and helps get the most out of your consultations.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I disliked anything. I love everything and my experience from start to finish

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are new at Adwords or not, take the consultation option as well, you can learn so much from the consultants as they know what they are talking about. This software is so easy to use and just takes out all the guessing and distractions from Adwords and serves it up on a easy and non-scary platter. The 20min work week also helps a lot and shows you how much you are saving and helps you with your wasted ad spend.

The software and consultant helped me de-clutter my Adwords account. I am building stronger campaigns and saving money in the process as Wordstream shows me where my wasted ad spend goes and shows you which campaigns are performing well and then you can easily see which ones to work on.

Account Manager

"Takes Hassle Out of Weekly Optimization "

What do you like best?

WordStream's platform is extremely straight forward and easy to use. Once doing the initial training, it's been the most useful tool we've added to our strategy. It allows us to go into each campaign weekly and manually optimize based on their suggestions. It's also easier to set up new ads, add new & negative keywords, and look at results than Google Ads itself. The suggested changes are always helpful and allow you to take a second look at the overall campaign easily. WordStream makes me love setting up and monitoring PPC campaigns.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there isn't anything I dislike about using WordStream. Although sometimes, I wish it gave me more suggestions for the week (I know that would be going over the 20 mww) but it's just enjoyable to do!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My best advice for someone considering to use WordStream, is definitely do it. You'll see growth quickly and feel at ease knowing your campaigns are getting the attention they deserve.

WordStream solved the problem I was having about not having enough time in the week to manually touch every campaign I was managing. Now, I'm able to go in and update every client's campaign, every week. It's given me more confidence in the way my PPC campaigns are running and performing. I know that my decisions are informed and updated regularly with best practices.

Digital Marketing Representative
Logistics and Supply Chain

"A PPC Lifesaver"

What do you like best?

I'm a one person (sometimes 2 person, if I have an intern) marketing department. I manage absolutely everything for my company, so it's difficult to give everything the amount of focus it requires. WordStream gives me visibility on our PPC spend as well as actionable tips to make an impact on our campaigns. More importantly, it affords me time to pursue other initiatives.

What do you dislike?

WordStream, or really any software, will never answers all your problems. Unfortunately, there's no magically PPC pill. I wish there was a way to visualize more eCommerce Data (like Amazon on other platforms). However, WordStream will show your ads for Google, Bing and Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a single place to manage all your campaigns at a high level, WordStream is the perfect, cost-effective solution. Additionally, WordStream's suggestions along with their signature 20-minute work week provide you with actionable tips to improve your campaigns and raise your PPC awareness. We were able to move PPC management in house and save $2k per month.

I'm optimizing our accounts, managing our spend and creating new test campaigns quickly. It's helped me more accurately determine ROI and monitor our spend on good/bad campaigns.

Digital Marketing Manager

"An Easy Choice for Digital Marketers "

What do you like best?

I can't speak from an agency perspective (of managing multiple accounts), but I can speak from a brand/in-house perspective that is expanding rapidly into international territory with an estimated Google Ad spend of over $1M this year. For us, this was a no brainer! The streamlined management UI (the "manage" tab and the Query Stream are extremely powerful tools), the single pane view for both Microsoft and Google Ads, and the wealth of knowledge the Wordstream staff provides have been extremely rewarding (and helpful) in optimizing this large and ever-expanding account. We plan on continuing to expand our account and we are happy for Wordstream to expand with us as we do.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish Wordstream had is a script library. As I move farther away from an individual contributor role and more towards management/strategy, it's hard for me to keep up with all the best practice scripting, ad scheduling techniques, etc. I'd like to take a bit of my manual excel analysis, and script hunting, and have it all within this platform - that would make Wordstream a true one-stop-shop for Advertisers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wordstream is beyond just the software...the level of support and knowledge from their staff is invaluable.

With Wordstream, we are solving the problem of maintaining and optimizing efficiency as we scale a large (and historically poor performing) Google and Microsoft Ads account. When I took over this account (amongst the 9 other digital platforms I manage) it felt like a daunting task to fix over six years of bad practices - I pretty much inherited a dumpster fire of a Google Ads account when I first started working here. Wordstream helped me optimize and accelerate our time to value on the account, bringing our Cost Per Conversion down by over 40% while providing a clear path on which ads needed optimizing and refreshing (which also led to our CPC lowering, and our CTR being over 75% better than our competitors). Wordstream, both it's staff and it's software, have become my trusted advisors and partners in Digital Marketing and Search Advertising.

Director of Marketing

"Comprehensive, easy-to-learn platform to manage digital ad campaigns"

What do you like best?

You should know that you can do most of what WordStream does directly in Google AdWords - but it's going to take you a lot longer and you'll end up very frustrated. With WordStream, they take the always-changing AdWords interface and offer a consistent view into managing your Campaigns, Keywords, Ad Groups and individual ads. You can make bulk changes and then publish when you're ready.

The best feature for me is their 20-Minute Work Week dashboard. If I do nothing else, I make sure Ii visit my dashboard every Monday and review their suggestions. Not all of them are 100% relevant, but most are. When it's not relevant, you indicate it as such and their AI learns and provides better suggestions later.

I've seen a marked increase in our conversions and a decrease in our overall ad spend since adopting the WordStream platform. I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any significant issues or dislikes that I have come across so far. There's a slight learning curve, but their on-boarding team is very helpful, friendly, and patient to help you get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run their tool to evaluate your account to establish a baseline. I found their onboarding team to provide a tremendous value to getting us started, including making sure our Google Tag Manager was configured correctly.

We were trying to improve our ROAS with limited resources that we could dedicate to paid search. This tool has allowed me to allocate resources elsewhere vs hiring an agency or full-time person to manage our campaigns on a daily basis.

CEO

"Subpar Software, Incompetent Staff, Rediculous Contracts"

What do you like best?

The reason I let their high pressure sales tactics lure me into signing the contract is they promised the software would improve ROI and be easier to use then the google platform..

What do you dislike?

It's not actually easier then the google platform, especially adwords editor. I didnt even know about editor, part of the reason why I signed up for the consulting. It wasnt until I threated to cancel they actually gave me a somewhat competent consultant, and as soon as I tried editor I realized why they were trying to hide it from me..

So aside from the staff sucking, and the software being terrible for creating new campaigns because they haven't even adapted it to all of Googles new functions, one promise is automated suggestions to optimize your account. I stopped getting these suggestions after the first couple weeks then the few I got were completely worthless.

^^^^^1 word to describe Wordstream? GIMMICK.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simply don't do it. They will steal your money.

It didnt work for anything they promised it would. If there are any issues at this point it's the fact they lock you into a contract (because they know youll want to leave when you realize how bad it is).

Zero benefits whatsoever, with the exception of their exceptional free learning materials (that you dont have to pay for. Stuff on the "Customer Portal" is no different then the blog for the most part.

Response from Jessica A of WordStream

Hi Chris, While the Google Ads Editor is great for restructuring and campaign building, it does not perform the same tasks as WordStream Advisor. Our tools run off the data you have accumulated in Google Ads to help you find ways to optimize your spend for conversions. After you paused your campaigns, the algorithms had less and less data to work with. Our team has reached out to you proactively and persistently to help. Regardless, we are happy to hear that you have found a tool you are comfortable with. Best of luck!

~WordStream

Social Media Manager

"Demystifying and Simplifying Our Google Ads Experience"

What do you like best?

The most helpful and biggest upside to using WordStream has been our twice monthly calls with our dedicated customer success advisor Kyle Taylor. Before using WordStream, one of the most frustrating experiences with Google Ads was the constant rotation of reps; it was difficult to build a relationship and communicate our business' goals when we'd be dealing with a different person the following month. Kyle has taught us more in these past 3 months than I'd learned from the Google reps in twice the amount of time and we've actually been able to see measured results from his advice and counsel.

What do you dislike?

The main downside to using WordStream is that not all of the features in Google Ads are available through the WordStream site, so I am constantly toggling back and forth between both platforms while working on our Google Ads accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely give it a shot, using the trial period, and scheduling a call with their knowledgable consultants to see if it could work for you! We knew right away that this was exactly what we were looking for in order to optimize our advertising spends on Google Ads, in no small part due to the support received from the team.

The main business problem we've addressed with using WordStream is optimizing our Google Ads spend. Kyle has helped us re-structure our account from the ground up in a manageable way and is constantly accessible via email in between our twice monthly meetings. We've absolutely realized benefits in a more effective spend and also a lowered cost per conversions.

Interim House Director

"WordStream is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

WordStream makes it so easy to understand and analyze your performance for Google Ads. With or without being knowledgeable in PPC, WordStream explains what every little piece of data means and how to improve performance based on the data. As someone who has many job duties, not just search, WordStream has made it easier to keep up with 10+ active campaigns and make great weekly optimizations in a time crunch. I can't thank WordStream enough for how helpful it's been in my workload and educating me on more PPC capabilities.

What do you dislike?

WordStream doesn't have YouTube ad capabilities. I still have to frequently use the Google Ads platform to set up campaigns because the native platform makes that process easier for invoicing, budgeting, and payments for my agency's internal processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

YouTube capabilities!

I balance between 2 job types within my agency and my plate is always over flowing. Before WordStream, I was struggling to find time to analyze each active Google Ad account and make optimizations. Now with WordStream, I can knock out optimizations for a few accounts every day and eventually by the end of the week my Google Ads are in tip-top shape thanks to their 20 minute work week.

The second biggest benefit is the reports you can run to help internally improve the performance of Google Ads or to use them to show to clients how their ads are performing. The Google Ads grade report is extremely insightful into how to improve the account overall and keep your Google presence healthy.

Performance Marketing Executive

"User-friendly product that saves so much time"

What do you like best?

Everything! Their customer support is amazing, knowledgable and very fast in their response and when any issue is raised, they are right on the issue.

The platform and interface is very user-friendly, the platform saves so much time and the changes there are implemented right away.

Another great thing is that I don't need to be switching between Google and Bing but do it all from Wordstream.

Also, Wordstream provides very easy and valuable reporting that can be created on demand or on a recurring basis.

All in all, Wordstream has helped our company a lot to clean up the account, optimize it better and find new opportunities for growth.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit pricey but after you start working with the product it really increases your sales thanks to the amazing support and saves you tons of time and manual work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product might seem to be slightly expensive in the beginning but it will prove its value over time. Give it a try!

How to efficiently optimize the account, where we are wasting money and how we can distribute the budget better, Wordstream also provides very easy reporting.

Independent Contractor

"Google Ads with a Usable Interface"

What do you like best?

The usability and interface are super intuitive and much easier to use than default Google Ads. I have worked for a digital marketing agency for almost 15 years. While I'm a developer by nature, I picked up a lot of the theology, tendencies and best-practices for implementing PPC on sites.. Google Analytics

What do you dislike?

It's to no fault of WordStream, but I'd love to be able to schedule changes to go live at specific times. We pause the ads often when we can't keep up and it is a little tedious to constantly set calendar reminders for myself to make adjustments like pausing for vacations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price for WordStream pays for itself with the quality consultation and guidance provided. I was definitely hesitant when I saw what it would cost, but the optimization techniques and strategies have gotten our CPA down about 60-70%. Most of all, WordStream helps you get from point A to point B in a much more direct manner. The software is much easier to use, and UX was taken heavily into account when it was developed.

WordStream has helped save tons of time and allowed me to focus on other areas of the business.

Marketing Strategist

"Time saver. Data wrangler."

What do you like best?

WordStream mines the performance data of your account and serves up recommendations to decrease cost per acquisition and improve performance based on best practices. While Google Ads does give recommendations, the WordStream tools, such as QueryStream make finding and adding negative keywords quicker and easier. I'm able to spend just 10 minutes a week doing this instead of hours.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say that it's something I dislike, but I'd like to see more customizable reporting options. Their reports are really informative and help visualize the data, and I want more. I'd also love to see them expand their New Business product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're at the point where you're thinking of adding a new team member but aren't sure if you have the revenue to support it, then it's probably time to consider WordStream.

Time and resource constraints are solved with WordStream. We're able to deliver great results (maybe even better results) to clients in a fraction of the time. Which means we can now spend that time doing other client work. It also helps with new business pitches (if you purchase the New Business Center add-on). You can link a non-client's account and do a quick audit and WordStream generates a pitch deck that you can use "as is" or download and edit to use piecemeal. This has helped us to create compelling new business pitches in shorter time.

Head of Marketing

"A great service to help increase Quality Score and reduce CPC across multiple platforms"

What do you like best?

Expert advice and easy functionality. Our consultant at Wordstream has offered solutions to issues raised and also pointed out any mistakes or issues we had not previously noticed. She has helped improve our paid search advertising across Google and Bing and helped us make better use of our budget.

What do you dislike?

Can cause keyword conflicts. On occasion some keyword suggestions may conflict with others already in place depending on match type. Perhaps something that can be improved by Wordstream.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider how much you spend on paid search and social advertising versus the cost of Wordstream. Wordstream has saved us more than the subscription cost each month since taking up their service and recommendations.

Wordstream has helped us improve our Paid search advertising, increased quality score, decreased CPC and allowed us to focus our efforts in the right places and avoid overspend.

Author of WHY QUITTERS WIN
Management Consulting

"Perfected my Adwords"

What do you like best?

Most of the stuff I do with Wordstream (scanning for new Negative Keywords, optimizing bids based on average position, getting rid of underperforming keywords) I was already doing in AdWords before I started using Wordstream. The difference was that Wordstream made it quicker to do. One of my favorite things about Wordstream is the feature that allows me to add a new negative keyword to all 16 of my Ad groups with one click. You just can't do that in Adwords so that alone saves me huge amounts of time. But probably the most value I've gotten from WordStream is from the live 30-minute phone calls with my account rep. I would say I learned 90% of what I needed to succeed with Adwords through trial and error. But my WordStream rep took me the last 10% of the way to truly optimize my spend. Essentially, they play the same role as the Google account reps are *supposed* to play. The difference of course, is that the Google reps always try to talk me into spending more money, and the WordStream reps truly optimize my account and often save me money while increasing my conversion rate.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Sometimes I forget to "Post Changes" to Adwords after I use the WordStream interface which leads to duplicate efforts the next time. It would be nice if that were done automatically. But let's be honest, that's more of a user error than a software deficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're spending more than $1000/month on Ads, the $300 WordStream subscription is most likely worth your investment as it will pay for itself. If you're spending less than that, it may or may not be worth your money.

AdWords.I've trimmed about 10% off my overall ad spend, while increasing conversions on my site by 10-20%.

Sales And Marketing Specialist

"Better than an average PPC Management Agency, and lower cost too"

What do you like best?

The multiple Platform management is great, anything you apply to Google can also be rolled out across Bing and Facebook. The suggestions are intelligent, and the 20 minute work week makes it possible for me to find time to manage my PPC account.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike about this service. It's great that you're getting a data-driven set of recommendations rather than someone's opinion. In my other experience with more 'human' rather than 'software' driven ad management companies, you're dependant on someone getting on and doing something for you to get ROI, whereas the software always performs :). Occasionally the suggestions are a bit robotic, but you can choose to ignore those ones, and to be honest, the agencies i've worked with in the past can be roboting and lacking in intelligence too!

Wordstream allows me to combine my knowledge of the market and what various search terms mean, with very reliable machine-generated data. It is excellent at highlighting where I'm potentially wasting money, and where I'm potentially missing out on more relevant clicks.

Business Analyst/Marketing Researcher

"Expect great things."

What do you like best?

Wordstream is very easy to use and winnows down some of the limitless options and columns in the Google Ads platform to easily understandable and actionable recommendations and views.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are changes and updates in Google--as far as ad layout/functionality that are not immediately available in Wordstream. This is a very minor inconvenience and Wordstream regularly notifies customers of updates and availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before purchasing Wordstream I enjoyed their free emails and reports. They did an amazing job of building their credibility so I knew to expect really quality support when I decided to purchase.

I was trying to decide between attending a training for intermediate Google Ads users to get more information on how to get more from what I already knew, but really wanted those 1-on-1 moments where I could ask someone who undestood my account exactly what to do next. It's been very helpful to take my knowledge (I am Google Ads certified) and give it a boost exactly where it's needed.

I am the only person at my company who does anything in google ads. I was able to learn all the functionality on my own through google's training and other online resources. I was at a point where I really just wanted a person who I could ask, for each specific situation, "What do you recommend?" --both as it applies to optimization and regular maintenance. The combination or premiere consulting and the 20-minute-work-week give me exactly that. I'm much more efficient.

owner
(Myself Only)

"Excellent product, excellent support"

What do you like best?

The interface is very good and also appears to display data that Google doesn't... or it's so buried in the AdWords interface I've never found it. Super easy to use and exponentially faster than managing through AdWords. The 20-minute work week is fantastic for gradual campaign improvement. And last but not least, my campaigns are delivering greater efficiency than before. Not only is it easier and faster to use, but creates better results.

Support and onboarding is among the best you will ever use. Their team seems motivated, happy, and they are all about patience and support. Outstanding people.

What do you dislike?

Really, the only thing I dislike is the cost. I am a one-man show and it's a hefty commitment for me. The monthly cost is on a sliding scale based on ad spend. because the spend is based on the client's budget it can be difficult to control. I don't set client budgets. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended. the product delivers on its promises and the support and onboarding is outstanding.

My negative keywords are far better; WS does a great job finding new negative keywords from actual queries. I am also finding new search keywords through the same query analysis. My ad creative has improved using their best practices checklist and list of top keywords. Having them on the same screen as the ad form is extremely helpful.

Generally speaking, WS has helped me do a better job of delivering on my promise to clients: that their campaigns will see increased efficiency and effectiveness each week.

Associate Director of Digital Marketing

"Wordstream successfully soft launches a newcomer to digital ads "

What do you like best?

We signed up for the consultation services with our overall package. The consultants are experts in digital ad strategy across Google, Bing, and Facebook. The consultations help us take our ads to the next level. Pretty exciting when we can take a successful ad and make it even better.

What do you dislike?

Digital Ads are complex and sometimes the WordStream team moves so fast to help your ads perform, it is hard to track what they are doing so you can replicate it with the next round of ads. But they are always there to return to with questions. The 20 minute work week simplifies the conversation rate optimization process week after week, but you do need to understand what those changes and recommendations mean to apply them correctly.

Wordstream provides excellent bandwidth for Ad management which can be a full-time job itself.

Director of Marketing

"WordStream pays for itself"

What do you like best?

The weekly consults with our adviser have yielded benefits by allowing my team to become better educated in the nuances of managing these efforts. We'd had quite a bit of experience but have learned a great deal from him. Within the first few weeks, we were able to save enough in expenses, while keeping the same level of results, to cover the cost of the contract.

What do you dislike?

Modifying these campaigns takes time and, unfortunately, I'm impatient. The process does take some time and is better in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay for the personalized consulting. We have found the scheduled weekly calls have been very valuable.

We are seeking more cost effective measures in our social medial / digital advertising usage. With our discussions with our adviser, we've been able to cut our costs substantially while maintaining a steady stream of strategically targeted inquiries.

Director of Digital Strategy

"They say Online Advertising Made Easy (It's True)."

What do you like best?

Their platform is the absolutely best way to manage Google ads, especially if you don't have full-time staff committed to doing so. There is no reason to spin your wheels and spend hours searching for the right adjustments to make. Using WordStream, we spend about 10 minutes a day on our Google ads and we are able to see pay-offs with that amount of time.

Customer service is top notch. I find my one hour call each month to be very valuable. Zachary is obviously very knowledgeable and can make improvements to our account with ease. We usually discuss things I can do in between calls as well, which I find helpful.

Wordstream also offers a lot of professional development and market intelligence via Webinars.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more time with our consultant because his expertise is so valuable to me. And I wish you could do more than one 20 Minute Work Week per week. They keyword suggestions could use some work. They are not usually relevant to my industry. Consultant does a good job of thinking of keywords though!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Listen to your consultant. Learn to see opportunities in real time and make adjustments as needed. Make it part of your team's routine to check WordStream daily.

We have a small advertising budget, so every penny we spend needs to matter. Our CPA was reduced by 28% in the first month of using WordStream. Now as we bring more campaigns online, we are confident that our structure is sound and effective. The ROI is there.

Staffing and Recruiting

"User Friendly Software Makes Paid Ad Management Achievable for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

The WordStream platform is a very thought out software program that strips away all the confusing and complications elements of Google Ads, and provides an easy to use system for managing your ads. They have created a system that makes managing ads simple for the every day marketer/advertiser. Their Premier Consulting is also very helpful for those looking to bounce ideas of an expert and/or get more personal guidance and assistance from WordStream. Lastly. the company as a whole is exceptional at educating their clients about the latest in paid advertising. I am constantly learning and looking to WorStream to provide me with the newest Google changes and updates.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that they do not offer YouTube advertising at this time. I hope this will be a feature that will integrate with the system in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to manage your paid ad campaigns in-house, this tool is a great resource. WordStream helps you manage your ad spend, adjust and/or write new ads and meet your goals all in one easy to use online dashboard. If you are using multiple paid ads like Google Ads, Facebook and Bing, they can all be managed in one place with WordStream.

WordStream has allowed us to bring our paid advertising efforts in-house and given us full control of our account, while also providing us with the confidence that we are managing the account properly.

Advertisement Director
(5001-10,000 employees)

"More comprehensive and profitable advertising campaigns"

What do you like best?

When you use adwords without any help software it is quite complex to create effective campaigns in which your profitability is high, since you have to review too many parameters.

Wordstream helps you find the best keywords, which have a greater impact when marketing your product or service, it also helps you make changes to your ads reviewing which spends more money, which is more effective. You can visualize more deeply the details of each ad and that is what I like the most, since you can see the results they have and adapt or modify them to improve your ratio.

What do you dislike?

I think that WordStream lacks some options to be able to focus more on improving the CTR and also reduce the CPA, since these actions are very relevant for the campaigns and if it had within the software superior personalization options in these aspects, the campaigns would be still more effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Advertising and marketing campaigns are necessary to increase the number of clients and also to retain the ones you already have in your company, so a tool like Wordstream that makes your campaigns more attractive is a good way to improve the marketing area in the company.

It has helped us reduce the cost of our marketing campaigns thanks to the optimization we have obtained using the tools available to increase the benefit.

We also know how to use the keyword system better and with this, we expand the reach and number of clients we attract with our campaigns, since it is really important to use and manage the keywords that are used and in this Wordstream helps a lot.

Also note that the interface available Wordstream is quite intuitive, simple and that saves us a lot of time when making a campaign and save time when you work with advertising is key in a company.

Marketing Manager

"I am improving results while being given unlimited learning opportunity"

What do you like best?

What I really like is I am given the opportunity to not just be hand-held but there is so much information to learn from. Available webinars and being able to solve issues while I am working on it. I have learned more working with WordStream in just 3.5 months than I have on my own in 12 months.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be more time set up with advisers. I think the entire system is great, but there is just not enough one-on-one time and because of that and my impatience, I am constantly looking for more ways to learn and improve on my campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a short-term commitment and really work this system. If you even just do the min. of the 20 min. workweek and nothing else, you will see significant improvement.

More on-line traffic. Just knowing now the importance of keyword management has actually benefited me enough to make doing this worth while.

Production Manager

"Best PPC/SEM Program I've ever used!"

What do you like best?

When I was getting started, I had a call with a customer service rep, Nicole Nesbitt, who walked me through the entire program, showing all the small things that were hidden Wordstream or not on the main pages. She also walked me through the Customer Hub, which is where you can learn anything and everything you could ever want to learn about PPC/SEM. This area would be enough to turn a complete beginner into a marketing mogul. Where Google tries to get you on the phone to help you...spend more money, Wordstream reps are there to help you save money and get the best results for the price you're already paying. There are helpful tips all throughout the program on how to best comply with Google's standards. For example, when creating ads, there is literally a checklist of Google's "Best Practices" and a short list of tips to help you create the best ads you can. Wordstream wants to succeed, and that is what I like the best.

What do you dislike?

Is there anything to dislike? I wish it had even more tools! But I heard something the other day from Seth Godin, one of the godfathers of modern marketing, that 'it's better to do better than to do more.' Wordstream is great at what they do, which is PPC/SEM management. While I would love to see added features like post scheduling and stuff like that for social media, that's "more." Wordstream should only work to get better at what they are already great at. There is nothing about Wordstream I dislike. If anything, it's that I'll never like another program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Wordstream is, by far, the best program I have ever used for PPC/SEM. The Customer Hub will give you any information you could ever need, they have webinars going on all the time. If you ever have questions, they have a live chat going on with real live reps so you're not talking to a robot, or you can always schedule a call and have a rep spend 30 minutes to an hour going over whatever issues you are having, whether that's Wordstream or Google Ads questions!

Wordstream has sped up our PPC workflow exponentially. We have been able to cut the time we spend on checking all our accounts down by 50% or more due to the 20 Minute Workweek. Not only does the program save us time through the power we have, but also through the sheer speed of the program. Google Ads is great, but with Google giving all their products face-lifts, they have really slowed down. Wordstream remains quick and speedy. I can log in, quickly click through all my accounts, quickly create beautiful PDF reports that I can send to the client.

Marketing Manager

"Immediate Return on Investment"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Wordstream is to use. I have been engaged in PPC for a while, but this software has helped me to easily coordinate all of my efforts and spending. My advisor, Bonny, is wonderful to work with. She is patient, yet pushes and encourages me to look at things in a new way.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like about Wordstream!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PPC is a confusing world. You can spend endless amounts of time staying relevant and trying to figure it out on your own, or you can spend a little extra a month, and have the team at Wordstream keep you informed. I had been considering making the change for a while, and I am so glad I finally took the plunge. My spending is considerably better, and I am making more conversions.

I am actually saving money with Wordstream. I went from spending thousands with little return, to doubling my efforts in just a few days.

Internet Marketing Specialist

"PPC Organization on Steroids"

What do you like best?

This tool is amazing, it has been able to take my existing campaign that I work full time on and help me to strategically organize it with speed vs. using the Adwords or Bing Editor. In combination with a trained advisor that I meet with every other week, it allows me to enhance my skill set, in turn, lowering my spend with a more accurate return.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything at this time that I would say I dislike other than would love to see more focus around display advertising as well a more enhanced ROI tool that I can upload my leads to conversions and get the 20 minute work week to help better define what is working and what is not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your looking for another way to look at your data and quickly optimize I would totally recommend this solution and definitely suggest adding at least 2 hours per month to consulting time.

Reduced Clutter and organization of the entire campaign to evenly spread the daily budget with an effective result in higher valued leads with lower CPA.

Business Area Marketing Manager - Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"I wouldn't do Google AdWords without WordStream"

What do you like best?

WordStream is user friendly and easy to implement. We were up and running within a few days. The level of support we receive is absolutely phenomenal, from just starting with the basics to advanced and strategic planning. One of the best benefits of WordStream is the ability to maximize our ad spend on quality traffic. Once we optimized our account with the recommendations from the 20 minute work week, we saw our traffic increase and spent less money.

What do you dislike?

I have only been using WordStream for a few months, so I don't have any dislikes. I do not anticipate having any dislikes in the future, however I will update my review if any come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

WordStream is easy to use, easy to implement, and definitely worth the investment. Their content is great and I have been researching them for quite some time. Once I did the website grader, it was apparent that we needed help. Since signing on with WordStream, managing our ads account is pretty much effortless. The best part, we are spending less money on our ads and the quality of our web traffic has increased. It's a win win!

WordStream has allowed my team to have a better understanding of Google AdWords. Plus, the 20 minute work week option has saved so much time and is easy to incorporate into my weekly routine for checking the pulse for my ads. Before WordStream, my team was struggling with managing AdWords and now we are able to save money and increase the amount of quality traffic.

PPC Account Manager

"An Excellent Product & Service"

What do you like best?

WordStream is very easy to use and makes it simple to manage all of the various accounts with which our agency works. The weekly recommendations pick up on some nuanced details within the keywords that may have taken longer to spot otherwise. The process of splitting ad groups is fantastic and decreases the amount of time that process would take by a large margin. Advice provided by our account specialist is also incredibly helpful and even better than the insight we generally get from Google reps. Christopher really takes the time to dive into each account we present him with and carefully listens to the unique situations faced by our clients. His thoughtful advice has proven to be continuously on point.

What do you dislike?

Some of the weekly recommendations can be off target or do not make sense for the different campaign types. For example, I keep getting recommendations to add sitelink extensions to a Call-Only search campaign. It would also be helpful to see more business/industry categories within the business profiles. Sometimes the top level industry selections can be too broad of a comparison in the monthly reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are managing multiple PPC accounts or are new to paid marketing, WordStream is a valuable asset. Between the knowledge base, toolset, and expertise of the employees, WordStream is a huge help.

Primarily, WordStream provides a centralized platform that allows us to manage several different ad accounts across Google Ads and Bing Ads without having to jump from dashboard to dashboard. It also makes the process of writing ad copy simpler.

Marketing Executive

"Easy to Use System with Fantastic Consultant Support"

What do you like best?

I find the google adwords interface somewhat intimating and complicated - wordstream takes all of the confusion away and clearly shows the data you require, it also has the QueryStream function which will revolutionise your keyword administration.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such - there are a couple of issues like time difference and some aspects that you have to still control in Adwords rather than Wordstream but these will improve in time I imagine.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth paying the extra for the personal consultant support if you are unsure how adwords works in anyway.

Our Adwords account spending was out of control from outsourcing the role to an external company. We were anxious to bring the management back in house with as much support as possible. After using the Adwords page grader on the wordstream website we spoke at length with our sales consultant, after 3 months of use we now have a better understanding of the way in which the adwords work and our monthly meetings with our consultant are invaluable

Marketing Director

"AdWords Made Easy"

What do you like best?

As a general practitioner, for me AdWords (or now Google Ads) is overwhelming and the documentation Google provide is not intuitive. WordStream software and articles finally made sense to me. It had been years since I had actually implemented an AdWords program, rather than manage the efforts as part of a whole campaign. That meant I basically knew how to login and enter a credit card number. It's a whole new science and now as a marketing team of one is difficult to tackle and devote the time necessary to understand the nuances of PPC. Wordstream makes it possible for a one person team to get this running and running optimally.

Outsourcing to an agency was not really an option. One, because our spend level wasn't enough to appeal to an agency with a proven record. Two, because of the time getting an agency to understand our business. I added the consulting where I have 30 minutes twice a month to walk through challenges and setup with a PPC expert. If you don't have time to learn every nuance of PPC, it is completely worth the minimal cost for this service. You will spend more time (money) figuring out what the platform can do for you when that time is better spent optimizing your spend and producing results for the business.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike. I do think without the consulting I would be slightly frustrated and lost. I think there are some future enhancements needed. One of those being to incorporate A/B testing or Experiments as a function within the platform. Also, I think there is room for improvement on the reporting functions in terms of incorporating historical data and changes as well custom report functionality.

The keywords for our industry are not high volume keywords, and conversion and click-thru have been challenging. We are getting closer to our optimum conversion rate and cost per conversion, and I now have easily digestible data that guides those decisions.

Communications & Engagement Director

"Peace of mind for marketers"

What do you like best?

Working in a non-profit, our marketing team is constantly switching gears. Wordstream has made our SEO practice so much more efficient, by streamlining the whole process. We just have to login once or twice a week, make sure our campaigns are running effectively, and that's it! Peace of mind for this busy marketer!

What do you dislike?

One challenge for us is as a non-profit we work with a Google grant. Without having two accounts, we can't have some of our campaigns run through the grant, and others run on a different budget. That means we have tight bid-caps we have to work with that aren't always necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start with the trial, and take advantage of the consulting. That service has been invaluable!

We have a program that is extremely challenging to generate leads for. We're using Wordstream to help move the needle for that program. It's been helpful in guiding ad generation, and giving us the tools to monitor the success rate. We're still trying to push it further, but every click feels like a win.

"Learn to do it Youself!"

What do you like best?

The Dashboard is laid out well and very easy to use. I LOVE the 20 minute work week. The intuitive design of the software is amazing and it learns more about my specific needs every week. The recommended changes are simple and easy to follow and it really all can be done in less than 20 minutes. But what I truly like best about WordStream is their people. My personal rep is Courtney and she is incredibly helpful in helping me implement new tools and continue to grow my campaign

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything. The monthly cost is not cheap but my ROI is less than 6 months. Well worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend WordStream to anyone operating a PPC campaign who doesn't consider themselves an expert in the field. If you're interested in learning what works and what doesn't, this is your best option.

I have spent years trying to run a PPC through a third party. It was incredibly difficult for me to follow the money and see how much of my dollars were actually being spent advertising my company. The WordStream interface solves that problem. I can see exactly where each of my dollars is being allocated and, more importantly what's working (and what's not).

Digital Marketing Specialist

"Great Serivce to Manage Your Ads "

What do you like best?

The service Wordstream is providing is completely easy to use. It takes little time to get set up and start working. What I also liked a lot form Wordstream is that the Wordstream team tries their best to help there costumers in anything they need. They are always trying to get feed back in order to improve their services. Wordstream makes everything simpler and cleaner to work with. If you are managing ads this is a must have service.

What do you dislike?

At this point I have not found something that I dislike about Wordstream. As I already said any incovinience you experince or anything you do not understand the Wordstream team helps you.

When I was not using Wordstream I had to pay for a service called CallRail and I had to do individual reports for the call ads and my other ads. After getting wordstream I discovered that they had a service for call ads which makes everything easier for the future.