VWO

VWO is an easy A/B testing tool. Tweak, optimize & personalize your website and apps with minimal IT help.

Work for VWO?

Learning about VWO?

VWO Reviews

Ask VWO a Question
Showing 148 VWO reviews
Jon-Sun L.

"Powerful tool that encourages you to test everything you do"

What do you like best?

The visual analytics are clean and easy to understand. I like being able to quickly check on the progress of my tests at any moment. Additionally, the installation of the snippet and overall maintenance has been relatively trouble-free.

What do you dislike?

I'm not entirely certain if it's related to all A/B testing software but moving div elements around is pretty glitchy when editing variations. It's not easy to drag/drop elements with precision so most of my tests are copy/color variants or using the Split URL testing to test entirely different pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let VWO and other website A/B testing software open your eyes to how frequently you should be testing. The sky's the limit in how variable your pages can be and finding out what sticks to your customers/prospects prove to be valuable lessons you can inform your team on improving your marketing,.

I'm solving messaging validation with VWO by testing value propositions on landing pages for my prospects. I view success using multivariable testing on Headers and CTAs to confirm if a particular value proposition is resonating with my prospects.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about VWO
Danny C.

"Simple to use AB testing without spending an arm and a leg"

What do you like best?

The easy-to-learn and use interface for straight forward AB testing is the primary reason I chose VWO. The ability to run js-based experiments for more sophisticated targeting was another reason our developers and data science team liked about VWO. And the cost of VWO was reasonable for our purposes when compared to other options such as Optimize.ly.

What do you dislike?

The lack of transparency behind the statistical sample size calculations is a concern. VWO tries to disintermediate the end user from the actual backend of the statistics and ends up providing less confidence to the user. It'd be great if a more advanced user can access the actual granular controls and calculations of sample size requirements.

AB testing simple layout, content, and design changes on home page and other pages without going through a code release. We were able to test and ship several variants without using developer resources.

What A/B Testing solution do you use?

Tiago K.

"User friendly with a huge potential to validate several hypothesis and support growth strategies "

What do you like best?

Give us autonomy to implement most of the tests without support from a developer or even from a designer, which also increases the speed while scaling the # of growth experiments. In addition, the opportunity of slicing and dicing the reports allow us to get better insights.

What do you dislike?

The Surveys and heatmaps are really limited in comparison to other tools out there. The Plan functionalities are not so practical because you almost can't customize it, apart from the fact it's not integrated to tools like Asana for managing all the cross-functional workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to define the scope and what are the main features you'd like to evaluate before moving forward with an AB test solution. VWO has a lot of advanced functionalities though most of it you can use pretty easily, so most of the time the success will be achieved depending on the quality of the whole growth process and resources that you have in place.

We were able to test and validate hypotheses related to UX improvements, price elasticity, content, different flows, sales boosters, persuasion elements, and so on.

Scott A.

"Solid, well-rounded CRO platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is robust and yet somehow it still feels very simple to use. I like the flexibility of testing options and in establishing results -- keeps it easy for us to setup and manage campaigns without getting bogged down.

What do you dislike?

I really only have 2 complaints:

1) Some of the settings are a bit unclear and require some digging to figure out

2) Each test requires a documented "observation" and "hypothesis", which can be a little restrictive at times. While I do appreciate how this enforces best practices (good), there really needs to be a better way to manage and organize them. The "Hypotheses" are presented in a UI resembling a scrum board (Trello-ish), which I like, but it desperately needs drag-and-drop functionality for sorting each lane to reflect priorities.

Many. We constantly have a backlog of work and limited resources, so we need to be very selective to make sure we're focusing on the right things. VWO helps us understand user needs, recognize problems, and quickly test/iterate before committing resources to a project.

Brian S.

"Some learning curve but has TONS of features"

What do you like best?

The VWO interface is extremely easy to use and is packed with valuable features and dimensions. Also, my account manager is extremely responsive and available at every turn. I can also add my own code (JS/CSS) on the fly, which is incredibly useful and makes changes I'd like to make more bulletproof than the WYSIWYG tool.

What do you dislike?

The WYSIWYG for creating variations can be quite finicky when building tests for multiple specific pages rather than global template changes. While the interface is incredibly easy to use, there are so many features that it's difficult to find some of them or to even know they're there without some assistance from the client success team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't used other A/B testing tools but because their cost is affordable and their success team is so responsive, I would recommend VWO as a foray into testing or for experienced testers.

We're attempting to solve pain points in our buy path flow and testing assumptions about conversion blockers across our site. We have realized mostly that our current approach is sound vs changes we thought we needed to make

Andrew R.

"It's good for technical users"

What do you like best?

Heatmaps, Recordings, A/B tests have been great for our company. Heatmaps are excellent quick evaluation tools for individual pages. Recordings are good for adding on to that quantitative evaluation with qualitative user experience perspective.

What do you dislike?

Goals and observations don't seem to be as useful as I initially thought. Observations seem to get in the way of tests. I do observations in other software to get sign off and then I come into VWO to get it all set up and ready to run and I don't like having to set up a observation before I can start a test.

Qualitative analysis and real customer validation of incremental improvements. We've seen massive YOY gains in our ecommerce column because of incremental tests we've been able to run through A/B testing. Additionally we've learned a lot about what kind of copy is good for selling our product through rapid iterations.

Scott E.

"Excellent support behind a multi-purpose analytics tool"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the ability to segment our tests based on things like user device used or geolocation. The editor is intuitive and with a little Javascript and CSS knowledge it can be quite powerful.

What do you dislike?

Jumping between tests is a little clunky and takes some time getting used to. The features are hidden and take some hunting around to find. Some of the help online was not that informative or all that much help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you are able to do some scripting (css, js, html) as you might not need it now but you'll appreciate it when you start to build out more complex tests.

We are primarily using VWO as our A/B testing platform. The main benefit for us was how easily it integrates with Google Analytics as well

Edyta B.

"Good tool, but needs improvements "

What do you like best?

VWO has a great dashboard and fairly easy to navigate results page. They are great in replying to all the inquiries and are pleasure to work with. The options for testing in the menu are fantastic and very user friendly, especially for first time users. It's overall a great tool to use without needing to involve any devs.

What do you dislike?

VWO is rather cumbersome to implement. Use of the dynamic edit function is difficult to navigate if you are a new user, and have never worked with the tool before. It can be a little pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! It's a great tool but be prepared as it may be on the pricey side,

We used VWO to conduct A/B testing, anything from moving elements on the page, testing new CTA verbiage to straight up redesigning the whole page. This is a fantastic choice if you want to conduct some serious UX testing and gain insight on how users behave on your site using heatmaps. It's a great option if you want to be able to set up AB testing experiments for a website fairly quickly!

Eric R.

"Extremely valuable and easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

Compared to Optimizely and Google Optimize it has the best UI and UX of all the platforms. It's very easy to set up tests, see how they are performing, and I love that I can track the conversion rate of my landing pages in a dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I think the one area that VWO could greatly improve is the speed of their scripts. I know on some other projects I have worked on the dev team veto'd out request for VWO implementation in favor of Google Optimize simply because it affected site speed.

The new personilization features that allow my paid marketing team to modify landing pages without involving dev or design has greatly helped our company. We were about to use unbounce for this, but found out that VWO now has the same features. This was a huge win for us as we saved money and were able to keep everything in 1 platform.

Michael D.

"A Good Entry Tool to Conversion Rate Optimization"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Clean dashboard, constantly developing new releases and features, testing library, accessible pricing options.

What do you dislike?

The entire quality assurance process is pretty difficult with VWO, making edits to dynamic pages is nigh impossible out of the box. Customer support can be spotty. IMO the heat map functionality just doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VWO isn't perfect, but it is a great tool if your organization is looking to get its feet wet with Conversion Rate Optimization. They are developing great tools and features, as well as providing a library of testing ideas and case studies in case you're having trouble thinking of what to test.

Their results reporting isn't iron-clad, but for many efforts it's good enough. I personally am not a big fan of how "confident" they are in their declaring winners - I've seen tests where one day it says a variation is a winner at 100% confidence, then the next day that's down to 81% (think about that for a second).

However, for most new testers, it's a great tool and definitely a lot easier to use than a tool like Google Optimize.

The price point is very reasonable as well, making it accessible to companies of all sizes.

VWO helps me test specific variations through their A/B testing platform as well as measure their results. It also works well as a "traffic splitter" to send traffic to different URLs, even if you bypass the editor.

Marcos S.

"An amazing tool to know your user behaviour"

What do you like best?

The vwo tool has everything I could thing of to evaluate your user behaviour on the site. Heatmaps, clickmaps, recordings ...

But, I really believe that their best asset is the customer relationship, you can count with a great team at any point, there is no doubt their will not answer you, no bug or problem you can have they will not be willing to help you and short it out.

What do you dislike?

Due to the short of test I run, hundred of pages at onces, sometimes the clickmap or heatmap, doesn't works always works as smooth as I would expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with the VWO team to really get the best out of VWO they are really flexible and seem to genuinely want to help you get the best out of your business

As a digital agency, we have to solve for a variety of site objectives. VWO has proved to be versatile enough to show value in a variety of websites. This has proven to be an essential tool to our process and allows us to learn more about our customers and how they purchase from us

Bogdan R.

"Good value for the money..."

What do you like best?

An easy and intuitive tool which is useful even in complex state-based websites like ours that has a significant amount of traffic. We have used competitors' products in the past and VWO's A/B Testing tool is delivering on the value they promised. The team is also opened to discussions on how to approach and help implement use cases that are not standard.

A very good experience overall, but as always there is some room for improvement as well.

What do you dislike?

Requests of some features that are standard in other platforms but geared towards more complex platforms (usually involving complex JavaScript code execution in experiments) are not as quickly prioritized and implemented as we would have liked to.

We want to better understand our users' behavior and by A/B testing different features be able to make more informed "data-driven" decisions which help provide our users a smoother experience on our website.

Chase R.

"Easy to use and scaleable enterprise optimisation platform"

What do you like best?

I like that it's relatively quick and easy to set up complex tests (with the help of my developers!), and that I can rely on the results they generate. The account management team is also top notch and I've relied on their fast, friendly help dozens of times.

What do you dislike?

I think they could have waited to release their "beta" features like session recording and the new heatmaps and funnels, because they don't really work that well. I know they're not included in the cost but we held off buying similar services because these were in VWO. Unfortunately, they haven't really worked for us yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need more than VWO offers, then you need to have a team of optimisation consultants working constantly on various projects. For small and mid-size businesses with 1-2 people working on optimisation, this product is pitched perfectly.

Optimising our large user base and squeezing an extra fraction of a percent more revenue from our user base here or there has a massive impact on our business. We're finally learning what kinds of experiences work for our users and drive more revenue, and which ones we need to stop doing.

kate a.

"Great Product, Great Service from VWO"

What do you like best?

While the product is a great tool we use regulary in our e-commerce department to test various elements and potential changes on our site. The customer support is often overlooked that the company provides. I deal with various companies as a professional and as a consumer and they are by far one of the best customer support companies. Any time you have a problem or question - they are quick to respond and resolve any issue that you may have.

What do you dislike?

Cant really name any negatives or things I dislike - very easy to use. Sometimes my previews slightly differ from whats actually online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like running tests and gaining insights into your website, VWO is the tool for you.

We focus alot on our funnel on our e-commerce site, VWO allows us to easily test changes and improvement easily without having to hard code them into the site only to find they may fail. This tool is great for any website owner who focuses on performance and UX

Nathan, "Rocky" A.

"Essential Business Intelligence"

What do you like best?

VWO has an excellent suite of testing tools that all work together. Using these tools on a regular basis will mean real gains to your bottom line without having to increase traffic.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Occasionally, I have trouble figuring out why one of my tests isn't working. But it's always my user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a solid set of tools. I've used many others. VWO is top-notch.

Split testing and visitor behavior insights. I run several split tests on my sales pages and cart pages at all times. When we have a real head-scratcher of a situation, we can record user behavior and examine heat maps to gain real insight into user situations. It has solved many otherwise unsolvable problems.

Nikola J.

"The Optimizely alternative that's just as good."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about VWO is that their the underdog, a tool far less known than Optimizely, but yet their solution is just as elegant (if not more!) and has an absolutely competent features set, even beating out Optimizely here and there.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot say much here, whenever I used VWO it just worked, and that was with 5+ different clients and different CMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think too much, just go ahead and try it and then later you can buy it. In short - if you need what Optimizely's offering, you can get it cheaper with VWO.

In case you want to test how different changes would affect the performance of your site, then VWO is the tool that will enable creating A/B tests between the previous version and the one with the new changes applied. Their technology splits the traffic going to a single URL onto two separate pages and provides you with the stats on how both perform. Their live editor for creating the new (B) variant of the page is also extremely good and allows many edits on the fly.

Ernie D.

"Useful and User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

Had a handful of features not available on Google Optimize

Easy to use - generally

Options for A/B, Split, Multivariant, and Customization tests

Good customer support

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive considering the relatively small number of additional features available compared with the free, but very robust product, Google Optimize.

The visual optimizer was a little clunkier than I would have hoped and there were a number of basic customizations that were more difficult than they needed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are definitely worse options out there. This was very easy to use for non-technical team members. Customer support was very responsive.

Used this essentially for conversion rate optimization for our paid digital advertising campaigns. It was adequate for that.

Sean L.

"Good platform for the money"

What do you like best?

We looked at several AB testing platforms and VWO came in the best value by far.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is a bit hard to understand but other than that they are very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good paid solution. Maybe first look into a free solution from google.

Needed ability to AB test changes to the website before rolling out to all visitors. VWO was a quick to install solution a a good price.

User in Computer & Network Security

"Powerful A/B testing and conversion optimization tool"

What do you like best?

Besides offering a great product, what really stands out is VWO's excellent support service. They are very quick to respond and will offer a solution normally within a day, sometimes even within an hour. Overall, a very professional team from sales, account managers to every single support agent.

What do you dislike?

When a specific test is running on several pages at the same time, setup doesn't always work smoothly which can lead to changes not being applied to all pages. I wish this functionality would get improved in the future, for the time being VWO team has always helped to fix any issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, they have a 1 month trial so you have nothing to lose.

We do extensive A/B testing and website optimization. With the help of VWO we can quickly verify if a new idea brings a positive impact. Additional learnings from heatmaps, user surveys etc. provide us a more detailed view of what happens on the website and where we can improve further.

Maurice M.

"Great Tool with great opportunities and an awesome Service!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity in editing & the chance to edit the code directly on the Page. And the personalization is awesome!

In my Opinion the Frontend optimization to design live in browser is simply perfect, even with no knowledge of coding you are able to do something amazing here. If you have knowledge with javascript, jQuery, HTML & CSS – even better you can edit the code and you can minify it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i really "dislike" i think this is a hard word. I would wish that there are more Language-Package like German for me. But this is not a big Problem. I know there is a huge framework, but the Loading takes a bit too long for me.

I am testing and optimizing the Conversion rate, Customer Journey and the Usability Design.

Akash B.

"Definitely Recommended for Your Website and Conversion Optimization"

What do you like best?

The VWO tool is quite easy to implement and use for a person with scarce technical know-how. I love the way each of their feature/ segment is accompanied by a detailed and very simple written tutorial. The control that VWO provides to implement optimization tests is something that makes any marketer to be in full control of what's happening.

What do you dislike?

The heatmap section is something that I would like to see to be more user-friendly and intuitive.

We started using VWO to optimize our website to enhance the user experience and to improve conversion rate for different stages of our marketing funnel. VWO has been an extremely useful and insightful addition to our marketing arsenal, enabling us to implement, run and compare versions that can bring us better results.

"A High ROI Toolset - But With Limits"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and offers a lot of freedom in terms of custom code and testing.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not setup for enterprise organizations. It's highly time intensive to translate data from their site to either a spreadsheet or other reporting tool.

It's also a bit of a pain to QA tests. An easy force-variation option would be great.

Better integration with Google GA events would be a great addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great - but not an enterprise solution.

We use it to rapidly test concepts and more frequently than not - as a band aid for situations where engineering is unable to move quickly.

"VWO is more than just 'AB testing' "

What do you like best?

The customer service aspect is very good. Agents work directly with you and are very reactive in solving any issues or answering any questions you might have. Agents are not too pushy in up-selling and also help provide you with ideas on what might help improve your business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing looking for a particular test. Although there is the ability to switch between accounts, perhaps the button should be a bit clearer to show which account you are on. There should also be a filter to remove inactive campaigns (or if there is already, this should be made clearer)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try

Basic AB testing solutions aside - VWO has been very helpful in using additional tools like heatmaps to view my site in alternative ways.

Bill F.

"Excellent Testing Tool - Fast, Feature-Rich and Accurate"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can run several tests within VWO and feel confident that the data is giving us an accurate representation of the customer experience on both ends, winning and losing.

What do you dislike?

There are some situations where setting up tests to recognize a page by URL and that contains an element would help to more-specifically test those features. Also, having tracking that doesn't need to be set up for every test but captures details about each running test for conversions and revenue would greatly improve our ability to set up tests quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For an easy-to-set-up tool that provides excellent data through Bayesian Statistics which have proven very helpful in determining Conversion and Revenue lift. The support is A+ and whenever we've had questions or concerns, all issues are resolved or we're provided hand-holding almost immediately.

We've been able to evaluate our hypothesis for a number of customer-facing changes versus go forward with our heuristic evaluations alone. It has increased conversions and helped make our customers much happier. This has proven to be an essential tool to our process and allows us to learn more about our customers and how they purchase from us.

Robert K.

"Good A/B Testing tool"

What do you like best?

VWO is easy to use, quick to train others on and you can easily get tests implemented withing days to start your optimisation plan.

What do you dislike?

Some of the GA integration can be cumbersome/unreliable and the reporting side of VWO is not very helpful, best to export the data and analyse yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is not the best AB Testing tool on the market, but it is cheap, reliable and if you are a medium-sized website should be more than enough.

CRO, Personalisation, segmentation targeting.

Learn more about VWO

VWO Videos

Learning about VWO?

* We monitor all VWO reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.