VWO

VWO

VWO is an easy A/B testing tool. Tweak, optimize & personalize your website and apps with minimal IT help.

Work for VWO?

Learning about VWO?

VWO Reviews

Ask VWO a Question
Showing 148 VWO reviews
Jon-Sun L.

"Powerful tool that encourages you to test everything you do"

What do you like best?

The visual analytics are clean and easy to understand. I like being able to quickly check on the progress of my tests at any moment. Additionally, the installation of the snippet and overall maintenance has been relatively trouble-free.

What do you dislike?

I'm not entirely certain if it's related to all A/B testing software but moving div elements around is pretty glitchy when editing variations. It's not easy to drag/drop elements with precision so most of my tests are copy/color variants or using the Split URL testing to test entirely different pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let VWO and other website A/B testing software open your eyes to how frequently you should be testing. The sky's the limit in how variable your pages can be and finding out what sticks to your customers/prospects prove to be valuable lessons you can inform your team on improving your marketing,.

I'm solving messaging validation with VWO by testing value propositions on landing pages for my prospects. I view success using multivariable testing on Headers and CTAs to confirm if a particular value proposition is resonating with my prospects.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about VWO
Danny C.

"Simple to use AB testing without spending an arm and a leg"

What do you like best?

The easy-to-learn and use interface for straight forward AB testing is the primary reason I chose VWO. The ability to run js-based experiments for more sophisticated targeting was another reason our developers and data science team liked about VWO. And the cost of VWO was reasonable for our purposes when compared to other options such as Optimize.ly.

What do you dislike?

The lack of transparency behind the statistical sample size calculations is a concern. VWO tries to disintermediate the end user from the actual backend of the statistics and ends up providing less confidence to the user. It'd be great if a more advanced user can access the actual granular controls and calculations of sample size requirements.

AB testing simple layout, content, and design changes on home page and other pages without going through a code release. We were able to test and ship several variants without using developer resources.

What A/B Testing solution do you use?

Tiago K.

"User friendly with a huge potential to validate several hypothesis and support growth strategies "

What do you like best?

Give us autonomy to implement most of the tests without support from a developer or even from a designer, which also increases the speed while scaling the # of growth experiments. In addition, the opportunity of slicing and dicing the reports allow us to get better insights.

What do you dislike?

The Surveys and heatmaps are really limited in comparison to other tools out there. The Plan functionalities are not so practical because you almost can't customize it, apart from the fact it's not integrated to tools like Asana for managing all the cross-functional workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to define the scope and what are the main features you'd like to evaluate before moving forward with an AB test solution. VWO has a lot of advanced functionalities though most of it you can use pretty easily, so most of the time the success will be achieved depending on the quality of the whole growth process and resources that you have in place.

We were able to test and validate hypotheses related to UX improvements, price elasticity, content, different flows, sales boosters, persuasion elements, and so on.

Scott A.

"Solid, well-rounded CRO platform"

What do you like best?

The platform is robust and yet somehow it still feels very simple to use. I like the flexibility of testing options and in establishing results -- keeps it easy for us to setup and manage campaigns without getting bogged down.

What do you dislike?

I really only have 2 complaints:

1) Some of the settings are a bit unclear and require some digging to figure out

2) Each test requires a documented "observation" and "hypothesis", which can be a little restrictive at times. While I do appreciate how this enforces best practices (good), there really needs to be a better way to manage and organize them. The "Hypotheses" are presented in a UI resembling a scrum board (Trello-ish), which I like, but it desperately needs drag-and-drop functionality for sorting each lane to reflect priorities.

Many. We constantly have a backlog of work and limited resources, so we need to be very selective to make sure we're focusing on the right things. VWO helps us understand user needs, recognize problems, and quickly test/iterate before committing resources to a project.

Brian S.

"Some learning curve but has TONS of features"

What do you like best?

The VWO interface is extremely easy to use and is packed with valuable features and dimensions. Also, my account manager is extremely responsive and available at every turn. I can also add my own code (JS/CSS) on the fly, which is incredibly useful and makes changes I'd like to make more bulletproof than the WYSIWYG tool.

What do you dislike?

The WYSIWYG for creating variations can be quite finicky when building tests for multiple specific pages rather than global template changes. While the interface is incredibly easy to use, there are so many features that it's difficult to find some of them or to even know they're there without some assistance from the client success team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't used other A/B testing tools but because their cost is affordable and their success team is so responsive, I would recommend VWO as a foray into testing or for experienced testers.

We're attempting to solve pain points in our buy path flow and testing assumptions about conversion blockers across our site. We have realized mostly that our current approach is sound vs changes we thought we needed to make

Andrew R.

"It's good for technical users"

What do you like best?

Heatmaps, Recordings, A/B tests have been great for our company. Heatmaps are excellent quick evaluation tools for individual pages. Recordings are good for adding on to that quantitative evaluation with qualitative user experience perspective.

What do you dislike?

Goals and observations don't seem to be as useful as I initially thought. Observations seem to get in the way of tests. I do observations in other software to get sign off and then I come into VWO to get it all set up and ready to run and I don't like having to set up a observation before I can start a test.

Qualitative analysis and real customer validation of incremental improvements. We've seen massive YOY gains in our ecommerce column because of incremental tests we've been able to run through A/B testing. Additionally we've learned a lot about what kind of copy is good for selling our product through rapid iterations.

Scott E.

"Excellent support behind a multi-purpose analytics tool"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the ability to segment our tests based on things like user device used or geolocation. The editor is intuitive and with a little Javascript and CSS knowledge it can be quite powerful.

What do you dislike?

Jumping between tests is a little clunky and takes some time getting used to. The features are hidden and take some hunting around to find. Some of the help online was not that informative or all that much help.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you are able to do some scripting (css, js, html) as you might not need it now but you'll appreciate it when you start to build out more complex tests.

We are primarily using VWO as our A/B testing platform. The main benefit for us was how easily it integrates with Google Analytics as well

Edyta B.

"Good tool, but needs improvements "

What do you like best?

VWO has a great dashboard and fairly easy to navigate results page. They are great in replying to all the inquiries and are pleasure to work with. The options for testing in the menu are fantastic and very user friendly, especially for first time users. It's overall a great tool to use without needing to involve any devs.

What do you dislike?

VWO is rather cumbersome to implement. Use of the dynamic edit function is difficult to navigate if you are a new user, and have never worked with the tool before. It can be a little pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! It's a great tool but be prepared as it may be on the pricey side,

We used VWO to conduct A/B testing, anything from moving elements on the page, testing new CTA verbiage to straight up redesigning the whole page. This is a fantastic choice if you want to conduct some serious UX testing and gain insight on how users behave on your site using heatmaps. It's a great option if you want to be able to set up AB testing experiments for a website fairly quickly!

Eric R.

"Extremely valuable and easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

Compared to Optimizely and Google Optimize it has the best UI and UX of all the platforms. It's very easy to set up tests, see how they are performing, and I love that I can track the conversion rate of my landing pages in a dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I think the one area that VWO could greatly improve is the speed of their scripts. I know on some other projects I have worked on the dev team veto'd out request for VWO implementation in favor of Google Optimize simply because it affected site speed.

The new personilization features that allow my paid marketing team to modify landing pages without involving dev or design has greatly helped our company. We were about to use unbounce for this, but found out that VWO now has the same features. This was a huge win for us as we saved money and were able to keep everything in 1 platform.

Michael D.

"A Good Entry Tool to Conversion Rate Optimization"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Clean dashboard, constantly developing new releases and features, testing library, accessible pricing options.

What do you dislike?

The entire quality assurance process is pretty difficult with VWO, making edits to dynamic pages is nigh impossible out of the box. Customer support can be spotty. IMO the heat map functionality just doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VWO isn't perfect, but it is a great tool if your organization is looking to get its feet wet with Conversion Rate Optimization. They are developing great tools and features, as well as providing a library of testing ideas and case studies in case you're having trouble thinking of what to test.

Their results reporting isn't iron-clad, but for many efforts it's good enough. I personally am not a big fan of how "confident" they are in their declaring winners - I've seen tests where one day it says a variation is a winner at 100% confidence, then the next day that's down to 81% (think about that for a second).

However, for most new testers, it's a great tool and definitely a lot easier to use than a tool like Google Optimize.

The price point is very reasonable as well, making it accessible to companies of all sizes.

VWO helps me test specific variations through their A/B testing platform as well as measure their results. It also works well as a "traffic splitter" to send traffic to different URLs, even if you bypass the editor.

Marcos S.

"An amazing tool to know your user behaviour"

What do you like best?

The vwo tool has everything I could thing of to evaluate your user behaviour on the site. Heatmaps, clickmaps, recordings ...

But, I really believe that their best asset is the customer relationship, you can count with a great team at any point, there is no doubt their will not answer you, no bug or problem you can have they will not be willing to help you and short it out.

What do you dislike?

Due to the short of test I run, hundred of pages at onces, sometimes the clickmap or heatmap, doesn't works always works as smooth as I would expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work with the VWO team to really get the best out of VWO they are really flexible and seem to genuinely want to help you get the best out of your business

As a digital agency, we have to solve for a variety of site objectives. VWO has proved to be versatile enough to show value in a variety of websites. This has proven to be an essential tool to our process and allows us to learn more about our customers and how they purchase from us

Bogdan R.

"Good value for the money..."

What do you like best?

An easy and intuitive tool which is useful even in complex state-based websites like ours that has a significant amount of traffic. We have used competitors' products in the past and VWO's A/B Testing tool is delivering on the value they promised. The team is also opened to discussions on how to approach and help implement use cases that are not standard.

A very good experience overall, but as always there is some room for improvement as well.

What do you dislike?

Requests of some features that are standard in other platforms but geared towards more complex platforms (usually involving complex JavaScript code execution in experiments) are not as quickly prioritized and implemented as we would have liked to.

We want to better understand our users' behavior and by A/B testing different features be able to make more informed "data-driven" decisions which help provide our users a smoother experience on our website.

Chase R.

"Easy to use and scaleable enterprise optimisation platform"

What do you like best?

I like that it's relatively quick and easy to set up complex tests (with the help of my developers!), and that I can rely on the results they generate. The account management team is also top notch and I've relied on their fast, friendly help dozens of times.

What do you dislike?

I think they could have waited to release their "beta" features like session recording and the new heatmaps and funnels, because they don't really work that well. I know they're not included in the cost but we held off buying similar services because these were in VWO. Unfortunately, they haven't really worked for us yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need more than VWO offers, then you need to have a team of optimisation consultants working constantly on various projects. For small and mid-size businesses with 1-2 people working on optimisation, this product is pitched perfectly.

Optimising our large user base and squeezing an extra fraction of a percent more revenue from our user base here or there has a massive impact on our business. We're finally learning what kinds of experiences work for our users and drive more revenue, and which ones we need to stop doing.

kate a.

"Great Product, Great Service from VWO"

What do you like best?

While the product is a great tool we use regulary in our e-commerce department to test various elements and potential changes on our site. The customer support is often overlooked that the company provides. I deal with various companies as a professional and as a consumer and they are by far one of the best customer support companies. Any time you have a problem or question - they are quick to respond and resolve any issue that you may have.

What do you dislike?

Cant really name any negatives or things I dislike - very easy to use. Sometimes my previews slightly differ from whats actually online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you like running tests and gaining insights into your website, VWO is the tool for you.

We focus alot on our funnel on our e-commerce site, VWO allows us to easily test changes and improvement easily without having to hard code them into the site only to find they may fail. This tool is great for any website owner who focuses on performance and UX

Nathan, "Rocky" A.

"Essential Business Intelligence"

What do you like best?

VWO has an excellent suite of testing tools that all work together. Using these tools on a regular basis will mean real gains to your bottom line without having to increase traffic.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Occasionally, I have trouble figuring out why one of my tests isn't working. But it's always my user error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a solid set of tools. I've used many others. VWO is top-notch.

Split testing and visitor behavior insights. I run several split tests on my sales pages and cart pages at all times. When we have a real head-scratcher of a situation, we can record user behavior and examine heat maps to gain real insight into user situations. It has solved many otherwise unsolvable problems.

Nikola J.

"The Optimizely alternative that's just as good."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about VWO is that their the underdog, a tool far less known than Optimizely, but yet their solution is just as elegant (if not more!) and has an absolutely competent features set, even beating out Optimizely here and there.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot say much here, whenever I used VWO it just worked, and that was with 5+ different clients and different CMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't think too much, just go ahead and try it and then later you can buy it. In short - if you need what Optimizely's offering, you can get it cheaper with VWO.

In case you want to test how different changes would affect the performance of your site, then VWO is the tool that will enable creating A/B tests between the previous version and the one with the new changes applied. Their technology splits the traffic going to a single URL onto two separate pages and provides you with the stats on how both perform. Their live editor for creating the new (B) variant of the page is also extremely good and allows many edits on the fly.

Ernie D.

"Useful and User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

Had a handful of features not available on Google Optimize

Easy to use - generally

Options for A/B, Split, Multivariant, and Customization tests

Good customer support

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive considering the relatively small number of additional features available compared with the free, but very robust product, Google Optimize.

The visual optimizer was a little clunkier than I would have hoped and there were a number of basic customizations that were more difficult than they needed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are definitely worse options out there. This was very easy to use for non-technical team members. Customer support was very responsive.

Used this essentially for conversion rate optimization for our paid digital advertising campaigns. It was adequate for that.

Sean L.

"Good platform for the money"

What do you like best?

We looked at several AB testing platforms and VWO came in the best value by far.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is a bit hard to understand but other than that they are very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good paid solution. Maybe first look into a free solution from google.

Needed ability to AB test changes to the website before rolling out to all visitors. VWO was a quick to install solution a a good price.

Un-attributed

"Powerful A/B testing and conversion optimization tool"

What do you like best?

Besides offering a great product, what really stands out is VWO's excellent support service. They are very quick to respond and will offer a solution normally within a day, sometimes even within an hour. Overall, a very professional team from sales, account managers to every single support agent.

What do you dislike?

When a specific test is running on several pages at the same time, setup doesn't always work smoothly which can lead to changes not being applied to all pages. I wish this functionality would get improved in the future, for the time being VWO team has always helped to fix any issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, they have a 1 month trial so you have nothing to lose.

We do extensive A/B testing and website optimization. With the help of VWO we can quickly verify if a new idea brings a positive impact. Additional learnings from heatmaps, user surveys etc. provide us a more detailed view of what happens on the website and where we can improve further.

Maurice M.

"Great Tool with great opportunities and an awesome Service!"

What do you like best?

The simplicity in editing & the chance to edit the code directly on the Page. And the personalization is awesome!

In my Opinion the Frontend optimization to design live in browser is simply perfect, even with no knowledge of coding you are able to do something amazing here. If you have knowledge with javascript, jQuery, HTML & CSS – even better you can edit the code and you can minify it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i really "dislike" i think this is a hard word. I would wish that there are more Language-Package like German for me. But this is not a big Problem. I know there is a huge framework, but the Loading takes a bit too long for me.

I am testing and optimizing the Conversion rate, Customer Journey and the Usability Design.

Akash B.

"Definitely Recommended for Your Website and Conversion Optimization"

What do you like best?

The VWO tool is quite easy to implement and use for a person with scarce technical know-how. I love the way each of their feature/ segment is accompanied by a detailed and very simple written tutorial. The control that VWO provides to implement optimization tests is something that makes any marketer to be in full control of what's happening.

What do you dislike?

The heatmap section is something that I would like to see to be more user-friendly and intuitive.

We started using VWO to optimize our website to enhance the user experience and to improve conversion rate for different stages of our marketing funnel. VWO has been an extremely useful and insightful addition to our marketing arsenal, enabling us to implement, run and compare versions that can bring us better results.

Un-attributed

"A High ROI Toolset - But With Limits"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and offers a lot of freedom in terms of custom code and testing.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not setup for enterprise organizations. It's highly time intensive to translate data from their site to either a spreadsheet or other reporting tool.

It's also a bit of a pain to QA tests. An easy force-variation option would be great.

Better integration with Google GA events would be a great addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great - but not an enterprise solution.

We use it to rapidly test concepts and more frequently than not - as a band aid for situations where engineering is unable to move quickly.

Un-attributed

"VWO is more than just 'AB testing' "

What do you like best?

The customer service aspect is very good. Agents work directly with you and are very reactive in solving any issues or answering any questions you might have. Agents are not too pushy in up-selling and also help provide you with ideas on what might help improve your business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing looking for a particular test. Although there is the ability to switch between accounts, perhaps the button should be a bit clearer to show which account you are on. There should also be a filter to remove inactive campaigns (or if there is already, this should be made clearer)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try

Basic AB testing solutions aside - VWO has been very helpful in using additional tools like heatmaps to view my site in alternative ways.

Bill F.

"Excellent Testing Tool - Fast, Feature-Rich and Accurate"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can run several tests within VWO and feel confident that the data is giving us an accurate representation of the customer experience on both ends, winning and losing.

What do you dislike?

There are some situations where setting up tests to recognize a page by URL and that contains an element would help to more-specifically test those features. Also, having tracking that doesn't need to be set up for every test but captures details about each running test for conversions and revenue would greatly improve our ability to set up tests quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For an easy-to-set-up tool that provides excellent data through Bayesian Statistics which have proven very helpful in determining Conversion and Revenue lift. The support is A+ and whenever we've had questions or concerns, all issues are resolved or we're provided hand-holding almost immediately.

We've been able to evaluate our hypothesis for a number of customer-facing changes versus go forward with our heuristic evaluations alone. It has increased conversions and helped make our customers much happier. This has proven to be an essential tool to our process and allows us to learn more about our customers and how they purchase from us.

Robert K.

"Good A/B Testing tool"

What do you like best?

VWO is easy to use, quick to train others on and you can easily get tests implemented withing days to start your optimisation plan.

What do you dislike?

Some of the GA integration can be cumbersome/unreliable and the reporting side of VWO is not very helpful, best to export the data and analyse yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is not the best AB Testing tool on the market, but it is cheap, reliable and if you are a medium-sized website should be more than enough.

CRO, Personalisation, segmentation targeting.

Un-attributed

"Simple & Reliable Split Testing"

What do you like best?

With Visual Website Optimizer it's really simple to setup split tests and monitor the results. The powerful tracking and results dashboard makes it easy to always be confident that you pick the best variation.

What do you dislike?

If you're new to VWO, it can be a bit intimidating to get started, due to the huge number of options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a powerful split testing solution, VWO is your answer.

VWO is a central part in how we optimise our sales processes. With VWO we have been able to increase our conversion rates and profits.

Sean R.

"Good tool, Lots of features, but still a little rough around the edges."

What do you like best?

The VWO team has really focused on delivering a ton of valuable features for a lower cost than some competitors (which we also have a lot of experience with). We have gotten a ton of value out of some of these.

What do you dislike?

The AB testing portion could use some work to clarify the data that is being reported back. Platforms like Optimizely do this really well. It can also be difficult to set the tests up when the editor is being buggy.

All in all, it's a good platform that we rely on for testing on several clients. You just have to work around some of the little hangups in the user interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expect to have a lot of trial and error before you get things set up right. Their documentation isn't as clear or as complete as other platforms.

This tool really helps us prove the value of our UX team on our client accounts. We can watch user sessions which proves a lot of the issues we raise with clients. We can also set up tests to see what effects our UX changes have on users' sessions.

Basil C.

"Great features, always improving, good price"

What do you like best?

The interface is very straightforward, and new features are always being added on. Over the year we've used it there have been plenty of additional enhancements, but price has staid the same. For the price point it's hard to find a better collection of features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some of the more advanced features seem a little buggy (heat maps sometimes don't overlay properly), but it's been very reliable over all for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the free trial a go, there really is no reason not to test it. It will quickly make a difference to how you view your website. The screen recording is a bit of a hidden feature but is really useful.

We wanted better insight into how our changes and updates to our website were performing. We wanted to ensure we were making changes that didn't just feel like the right thing to do, but had evidence to back it up.

Jesus Javier T.

"Worth more than a try"

What do you like best?

The possibilities VWO has against other optimizers, because I can find more ways to A/B test a landing. And in our company we usually split URL test a lot, so it is perfect for us.

And above all, customer support, they are very helpful during the trial demo, and thay worry about how you are driving your conversions and the quality of the data you are obtaining.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning you may feel a bit lost when testing goals if you do not know some coding or how landing tests works. (I have met some digital marketers very afraid of things related to coding, HTML/CSS or how to install the tool, which make you need an IT Officer and it could slow the process of starting to use the tool and the improvements. It was not our company case).

Also Spanish support and/or having the tool translated to more languages, would be great. Maybe for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, you have a lot of time to collect very useful data with the trial demo, and after that you can consider wheter if it fits your company needs or not.

The support is very helpful and it does not end with the trial.

We are testing elements inside our landing pages to see which improve conversions and we are collecting useful data for it.

Germanas L.

"Amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the best support we have seen in the market. We registered for a free trial at first and got a call almost instantly, also they were nice to schedule for a video call in which vwo helped us to understand their application better.

What do you dislike?

We were testing heat maps report for our responsive design by using only the traffic from mobile devices, but some of the reports was lacking. The tests are still running so maybe it will be alright later.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! You will get the easiest tool with best support in the market.

For our analysis needs we were satisfied with Google Analytics, but as our business grow we had to add a new layer of user analysis to show our clients and to make changes based of those reports. We can now clearly see how the users are interacting with our web application, and therefore we can sell the changes to our client easier.

Un-attributed

"High value product optimization tool"

What do you like best?

I love VWO not only has so many great testing features but also provide survey/ heatmap/ scrollmap insights. It's so easy to use VWO to split traffic and create testing variants.

What do you dislike?

VWO can't track multiple conversion goals so we integrate with google analytics and check testing result there. but VWO is really on top of all clients' feedback. They already in process of adding new features to make multiple conversion goal possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to optimize your product with reasonable budget, you should give VWO a shot. It will surprise you.

Optimize our products through testings. It's so easy to use VWO doing cyclic testing and keep improving the KPI we are focusing.

Benjamin B.

"Fantastic CRO Tool That Does Way More than Just Test"

What do you like best?

Our agency has found VWO to be extremely valuable, and not just as an A/B testing tool (although the visual editor makes it incredibly easy to deploy simple tests). We have found the Visitor Analysis Beta, including heatmaps, clickmaps, scrollmaps, and form analysis to be incredibly beneficial for analysis of on-site engagement, and often serves as a foundation for what we may want to A/B test.

Customer support has been fantastic and if we have any issues regarding setting up a test, our rep is responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The visitor analysis beta, although helpful, does come with its fair share of bugs. It currently has a difficult time with interactive elements of a page such as navigation drop-downs, ect.. We have received workarounds, but these could be fixed.

As a digital agency, we have to solve for a variety of site objectives. VWO has proved to be versatile enough to show value in a variety of websites, such as e-commerce (purchase), healthcare (appointment scheduling), and even auto care (appointment scheduling).

AB
Un-attributed

"Very good product and service "

What do you like best?

- Customer Service (the direct agent we have is always here for us and super fast to answer)

- The Onboading and guidance is very good.

- Reporting for the A/B test is precise, no additional integration is really needed (eg google analytic) but still it is possible

- The idea of creating a conversion optimization Platform is also great (all the tools in one)

What do you dislike?

- We tested the "Tracks" functionalities (funnel and goal) and it is not possible to fully use these functionalities fully with our products. The idea is great on VWO side, but it does not fit our use so far. Not a deal breaking (at all!) on our side.

- Nothing else that I dislike with VWO.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After comparing different tools with the same functionalities we ended up adopting VWO. I do not regret our choice. it is answering our need. VWO is adding new functionalities making the software everyday even more attractive. The customer service and agents are fast and precise in case of problems or interrogations. Do not hesitate to create a test account and test the functionalities.

- Getting more knowledge from our user behavior

- Increase conversion rate of our products

Divakar R.

"A 360 Degree Tool for CRO"

What do you like best?

Features:

-Almost covers all elements that you need for optimization. It includes features sets like testings (AB, MVT split etc.), user behaviour analysis (heat map, visitor recordings, scroll maps etc) and feedbacks (on-site surveys).

Usability:

-simple and easy wysiwyg editor. But for big/engineering level tests you need slight technical knowledge.

SLA:

24X7 central support. knowledgeable and extremely helpful account managers (Rauhan Bhalla). Knows in and around of the tool and related key areas.

Over All:

They are constantly enhancing the product suite and seen many new roll-outs, over the journey.

What do you dislike?

Usability:

-No option to save goals, instead frequently used goals are alone auto-saved.

-Integration with omniture is available only through synchronous-code. but I think this is the same case with other players too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-In-App reporting analysis are limited to an extent. but you can integrate with GA.

-Tool possess set of very useful features.

-My over all experience was good and as they are constantly enhancing the product, its a good to go scene.

Business problem

-We are in phase to improve over all usability of the site and optimize conversion factors.

-Test and Run CRO activities.

Benefits

-We have gained effective insights in terms of usability and improving UI/UX.

-We ran many tests to optimize the page elements and merchandise(screen real estate) to increase maximum throughput.

Jan P.

"Insightful but improvements are needed"

What do you like best?

I like the arsenal of the features and fast response from support team.

What do you dislike?

I dislike several minor usability issues like if I am logged in into VWO account and I am surfing on our website heatmaps automatically turns on even if I did not wanted to.

In goals tracking summary we always have G1 to Gx as goal names and we can not quickly compare goals between, we need to remember what Gx represent or go into details to see full goal name.

In forms tracking we can not rename form fields as we can in Hotjar for example. So our form names and fields in reports looks like this:

_2_WAR_xxxresponsivewebform_INSTANCE_HBwGm7snKS5q_field3...text

Thumbnails in in quick screenshot previews are not working. Every thumbnail is the same with some error.

We are optimising customer experience. Solving usability issues. Make decisions based on data insights.

Josh R.

"VWO is a great tool for testing websites. I use it all the time!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up different kinds of test, i.e., A/B, Split URL, Conversion, etc.

What do you dislike?

Setting up tests across multiple pages is very time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. It's a great tool for testing websites and gaining useful insights.

I use VWO to test various changes such as content, pricing, etc.

Un-attributed

"A Great tool for A/B Testing"

What do you like best?

The overall tool is structured in a way that helps PMs in optimizing their flow of running the experiments. There are various segmentation options and reporting tools available. Even the customer support team is super quick to solve any queries.

What do you dislike?

The hypothesis, observations & learnings module can be improved. Nothing apart from that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good choice for brands planning to do A/B tests, run multiple experiments, etc.

We run a lot of form analysis, A/B tests, Recordings which help us in making better decisions while creating the landing pages.

Jamie W.

"Simple was easy, complex wasn't"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to get started. The onboarding was fantastic and we were up and running very quickly.

What do you dislike?

When it came to running more complex scenarios it was quite hard to work out how to go about that. I don't know if the solution is more inline help / videos that pop up etc, but we came a bit unstuck with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It appears to have improved greatly since our original trial, and it is great for people who are told "You should A/B test" but don't really know where to start.

In the end we used it mainly to test headline content on the website, and realized that comparing ourselves to our main competitor in the headline got us by far the most signups. Dissatisfaction with our competitor was a huge driver for us.

Michael M.

"VWO Services"

What do you like best?

The custom recommendations and deeper dive analytics are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I'd appreciate more statistical guidance and power analysis from the VWO team. I'm not confident in the statistical significance calculations within the UI.

We're improving our customer experience by making incremental improvements to our website after a/b testing alternatives.

Corey M.

"Easy to use LP Testing Platform"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of setting up new tests and slicing data has been a game changer. Cannot beat the value of this product.

What do you dislike?

Some visual displays of data could be better.

We are working to solve conversion rate challenges by different channels. We have been insight on what CTA and headlines perform best.

Aliza C.

"Great Tool with Amazing Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I was new to AB testing and I was able to setup tests right away because of the user-friendly interface, and the help of the Customer Success Manager that they assigned to our company. She was able to train me in the most patient way even if I had so many questions! Customer Support team is always ready to send their responses to my questions, however many they are. They do follow ups on open threads to make sure you were able to get the answer that you needed.

What do you dislike?

Pricing seems to be at the higher side.

We are testing landing pages and main sites with VWO. This is a good tool to gather product insights.

Un-attributed

"intuitive and robust testing platform"

What do you like best?

very intuitive and easy to use, support is fast and extremely helpful

What do you dislike?

screenshot previews take a long time to load and refresh. goal tracking / setup is a bit unclear. Difficult to know if variations will appear correctly across browsers and devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and more robust than I expected.

Improving conversion rate at the top of our funnel by testing various strategies - copy, creative, etc. heatmaps are giving us a great idea of how our users interact with our website.

Gemma N.

"Easy to use, helpful testing service"

What do you like best?

We can test all the changes that we want to put live on our website with a minimum of effort and trust in the Results.

My account manager is extremely helpful and always responds quickly when I contact him.

The link to Google Analytics means we can do further, deeper analysis into all of our results and find meaningful insights in our visitor behaviour.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes VWO can fail to load the editor on my computer and it can take some time to work. Occasionally the interface is a little slow and preview mode can be temperamental.

However, this does not stop me from continuing to use the tool and to trust VWO to provide good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VWO is a brilliant tool for the cost, to make the most out of it, you should definitely involve your development team so you can test in the most efficient way. A simple site however, could easily be tested with no developer involvement at all.

A little bit of Javascript knowledge will go a long way with this tool.

We are improving the volume of visitors that follow the primary journey through our site, and trying to improve our mobile experience for our visitors.

We have realised that not every idea we have is the right idea, not every test will win, but we can learn from all our results and improve our site gradually through this process.

IE
Un-attributed

"Simple idea, lots of options."

What do you like best?

The smart code integration doesn't just make optimization a breeze - it gives a quick-and-easy editor for your entire website, as you change text and images, A/B test and customize for specific locations.

What do you dislike?

Our main use for this software, geo-targeting, seems like an after though that required a custom built solution for us to actually implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take full advantage of the trial period - don't launch without making sure this will work for your specific form of targeting or optimization.

This software lets us customize page content for people visiting from campaign links, or simply from different regions.

Jeff M.

"Powerful tool with a bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

You can do almost anything with VWO. The ability to test and measure stuff is amazing. Definitely capable of running a full scale CRO program and making iterative changes to your site in an intelligent way.

What do you dislike?

With a ton of power comes a bunch of complexity. My team had a difficult time setting up more complex tests and in our early months using the tool we had a bunch of failed experiments due to our failure to measure the right things, interactions with other site elements, cross browser issues and inconclusive results. The support folks from VWO were pretty solid but it was still frustrating to have time wasted and results that didn't reflect reality. The only other issue was that some of the features that we wanted were only available at the Enterprise plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the plan level and traffic level that you need. Make sure you don't fire tests on pages where they are not being used to prevent them from being charged to your monthly allotment. Start out with a free or low level account when getting the integration taken care of and be sure to spend the time setting up goals, revenue tracking.

We are working on increasing the conversion rate of our site. With VWO we were able to find a few small but solid wins to help us incrementally improve conversion rate. It also helped us validate some of our theories or ideas in terms of user experience changes we wanted to make to the site.

Aleksandar J.

"VWO is an easy and powerfull A/B testing tool"

What do you like best?

VWO is very easy tool to use. We know what we want to test and we setup tests fast. If we stuck, there are their customer support which is amazing (very responsive, polite and professional).

What do you dislike?

Variation previews slightly differ from whats actually online. Sometimes loading takes a bit too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the free trial and try it!

We constantly testing and improving signup forms and payment pages with VWO.

Un-attributed

"I would highly recommend this A/B testing tool"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can drag and drop when setting up tests. Also the access to individual heatmaps for each version

What do you dislike?

I kind of feel the UI can be way better, there are some other opportunities to make the survey feature much more powerful to help with UX overview

We are able to implement tests with their suppport and without the need to involve our dev team in some cases

Javier F.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, huge possibilities. You can use wildcard rules to control differente urls. The tool is incredibly flexible. You can handle a big number of campaigns, and even tagged them, add notes, and share with other teammates.

You can start campaigns, pause them, archive them, very easily. Very easy to find old testings.

The AB tool is the best part of the tool.

Good knowledge base, including videos. You can search in deep, and almost everything is solved. I ve tested many other tools, and I recommend this one strongly.

What do you dislike?

I am testing the support right now, and I have no idea if they are going to answer me in time.

Maybe, as usual, it could be cheaper, or the free version larger.. ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to start with VWO - great internal usability. Lot of possibilities. You can start working with the tool inmediately.

We are testing the inclusion of competitive advantages. We hope to increase sales.

Un-attributed

"Helpful Website Optimizer that allows for comparable results"

What do you like best?

The ability to run multiple A/B tests at the same time; ability to run multiple tests -- testing different options. Since our company is based solely online, we are able to quickly test what is working for our website and what isn't. It gives us a great tool to begin an indepth comparison

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little counterintuative. For example, finding where to change the test can be difficult. It requires some time getting used to. We also wish it worked with Google Analytics a little more seamlessly. At the moment, we are still having to use both to compare data and sometimes we get conflicting information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

VWO is a great tool for any website looking to make sure their customer's online experience is the best it can be. They use a great interface that allows for easy comparisons.

One of my favorite features is the heat maps. It allows us to see where our customers are looking on the site and what information is important to them. It allows our company to get rid of extra and unnecessary items on our website and establish what our customers are looking for.

AI