StarLeaf Reviews & Product Details

StarLeaf Overview

What is StarLeaf?

StarLeaf is the messaging, meeting and calling platform that takes the friction out of secure business communication and collaboration.   It’s born from our belief that businesses deserve a cleaner alternative to tools which are packed with pointless complexity, or not fit for their purpose. And that people should be able to connect with anyone, quickly and easily, whether they’re in the boardroom, or the spare bedroom. So everybody’s free to get more done. And enjoy what they do more too. Want to help your people connect with people, instead of fighting with technology? Then discover how StarLeaf creates the human connection at work.

StarLeaf Details
German, English, French

StarLeaf provides desktop and mobile applications that allow secure messaging and quick video meetings and calls, equips rooms with easy-to-use video conferencing facilities, and above all offers total interoperability with any other standards-based video conferencing solution.

Starleaf
2008
London, United Kingdom
@StarLeafCo

StarLeaf Videos

Answer a few questions to help the StarLeaf community
Have you used StarLeaf before?

StarLeaf Reviews

Showing 47 StarLeaf reviews
Already have StarLeaf?
Technology Director
What do you like best?

Starleaf is extremely simple to setup and use, we deployed to everyone's device across the business in 2019 so when the pandemic hit in 2020 all our employees were able to connect to each other and with external people in a very simple way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to have additional functionality such as break out rooms, but I'm sure that will be a future development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would certainly recommend it as a very easy tool to setup, administer and use for business communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of all our staff working from home and keeping in touch with each other. A major benefit we have realised is that our travel costs for meetings has dropped massively, which is really great as a charity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I love how it works seamlessly between the computer and mobile app. I also like how the group meeting function works. I believe you can have as many as 100 people on the call. I also enjoy that it automatically adds my accepting meeting (or invitations) to Outlook. It keeps me organized and on track. I also enjoy the ability to update my profile picture as often (or as little) as I want. While having a headshot is nice, since this is used internally at my company, a lot of my co-workers have updated their profiles to be their favorite animals or memes. Another feature I like is the "Do Not Disturb" function. This way, it doesn't send notifications to my computer app but I am still able to keep up with messages. I also like the subtle red dot that appears on the app's icon. It works as a gentle reminder that there are messages or missed calls without being too persistent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to turn off calls coming in through my phone on certain days (like on the weekend). The other thing that is slightly annoying is that, when scheduling a meeting, you have to go into a web browser. It's unfortunate that this feature takes you out of the app. I have also noticed that if you are driving, it has a hard time maintaining the quality of the call. Besides all of this, I definitely would recommend this software for any company. It is definitely better than other business messaging software (such as Skype). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it is important to look at your other options, I would highly recommend this software. It is easy to use and dependable. It is also great at inviting outside users to use that platform when having meetings. I would also suggest to look at how much you are spending on phone plans and how much the StarLeaf service is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to talk easily with our co-workers across the globe. Also, since this is web-based software, we do not have to worry about paying for an extra phone plan that includes internationally calling or texting. This, in turn, saves us money and truly increases productivity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Quality Assurance Analyst
What do you like best?

StarLeaf offers a reliable meeting platform with high-end video quality and an end-to-end encrypted massaging system. It enables the integration of teams worldwide with ease and IBM Lotus Notes Calendar sync and MS Outlook for scheduling and reminders. A very user-friendly interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A good meeting requires good quality audio and a video. The tool sometimes lacks audio quality, along with some microphone issues. Meeting does not support massaging to all, and you have to create a group to send a message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tool provides an excellent video quality with inferior audio. It contains all the assets required for a standard meeting program. Lotus Calendar sync has provided a lot of opportunities for scheduling events/meetings. Video resizing option is not available while some is presenting, which makes multitasking difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

Starleaf is easy to use, clear and reliable. On your homepage it shows you a calendar of upcoming meetings, you can favourite your contacts and allows you to chat with those in your organisation. The video quality is one of the best I have used and I feel at ease when on calls. The Spotlight feature allows you to select a speaker and bring others in to the spotlight when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion there are no downsides to Starleaf. You do have to download an app to access the service on an iOS device however the app is easy to use and requires no personal information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use for a great video conferencing experience you can rely on! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As we have shifted to remote meetings, Starleaf has allowed us to keep in touch with our colleagues and keep team spirit alive! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Structures Lead and System Owner
What do you like best?

Cloud based and can be used from any device (both personal and official). Voice clarity is superb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Chatting is not so convenient. It misses some of the basic features when compared to Webex and Skype e.g. Screen sharing without video call, pop-up chat window, compatibility issue when both voice and video call are mixed or camera is missing, issue with scheduling meeting to a distribution list, voice interruption/fast forward issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very convenient to connect with the team as most of them are working from home and using personal computers. Also one can join in all possible modes using StarLeaf (via browser, Skype, dial-in) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

StarLeaf is user friendly. It allows for instant messaging and setting up favorites. The video works very well compared to other systems. It has been a blessing during the Covid situation to keep people in touch with each other. I also like the option to call someone on video without first scheduling a meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the chat would auto correct and punctuate like a text when you hit the space bar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. It works great. I have had no system issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are keeping people connected by keeping the lines of communication open, and allowing remote workers to see their co-workers through the video capability. It helps with employee engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has been an excellent tool for making video calls with my friends and family during this quarantine period, since it has allowed me to maintain communication in a fairly fluid way thanks to its good audio and video compression, which makes The stability of the call is very good and without affecting the quality of the audio or video, in addition the fact that I can use it from my mobile phone is quite practical, since that way I can make calls from anywhere I am It also allows me to share audio and video files through its internal messaging, which is quite useful when wanting to send a message to someone without the need to actually call them, its interface is quite simple and sober which is perfect for browsing through this tool without any inconvenience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not always work well with some devices, in my case when I connect from my computer it is as if it does not recognize the webcam that I have installed, when with other applications it works without any problem Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using it as an alternative to other video conferencing applications to hold my virtual meetings with my friends and family, since I always like to be in contact with my loved ones and right now due to all the care that we must take due to Coronavirus cannot always be personally attended to make a visit or go out somewhere, so Starleaf provides an excellent option to successfully overcome these gaps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Product Group Director
What do you like best?

Easy to set up meetings, Outlook integration Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Impossible to share animations, too slow server. Annoying sound settings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended for basic use. Presentations and streams working poorly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Work collaboration, see colleagues remotely Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

We currently use starleaf to stay in touch with both internal and external colleagues as we are all remote working. Starleaf is simple to use and reliable we use it for informal meetings, and it is easy to invite external users. It works well on both laptop and phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no facility for breakout rooms when running training programmes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Starleaf helps us stay connected whilst remote working Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UV
What do you like best?

Ad hoc video calling and simple messaging UI streamlines workflows.

Chat groups allow us to form simple project chats to complement sources of record on other systems.

High quality integration with Poly room systems for office based teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like meeting and messaging features to come faster- convergence with WhatsApp is happening but reply threads etc will be valuable to team comms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduled video conferencing doesn’t match our internal workflows- we wanted a higher quality video platform to replicate the in office experience of ad hoc interactions, paired with a light wait messaging app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lecturer in Politics
What do you like best?

It is very easy to obtain customer support that is timely and professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were some functional aspects not available on Starleaf that are standard on Zoom and Teams, such as a chat box for external participants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Starleaf is highly secure, which was necessary for our extensive work with school children around the UK during lockdown. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coding Traineeship
What do you like best?

StarLeaf application has an excessive number of favorable circumstances. The absolute most significant employments of this application are very effective for business communication. This application has highlights like document sharing, voice and video purposes for living, screen sharing, and messages and so forth it is an online, cloud-based, and SaaS-based application. This tool is accessible for Windows, MAC, iPhone, Ipad, and android. It can likewise direct online meetings and documentation. Online gatherings are additionally held by this application and it can likewise be utilized for live preparing for new utilizes. As well it can be utilized for document sharing and new update cautions and notices are likewise accessible in this application. It gives conversation strings and web search tools. It additionally gives the best client support to its clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

StarLeaf is a different application from all other applications and it doesn't have such a large number of detriments yet artificial things are not impeccable that is the reason this application additionally has a few hindrances. It can't stamp a read message again new and we can't change the design of this application and can't erase the discussion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I said that this application is unique about every single other application, at the point when I utilized this application I thought that it was appropriate for myself however as I said above it can't erase the messages so we can just file the messages. However, it is probably the best application for the group the executives, record sharing, and tasks the board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Branch Manager
What do you like best?

StarLeaf is the best application for sharing ideas and projects detailing on live streaming through video conference. This application is authenticated to perform the function with full responsible mode because it allows me to share the screen on any project and helps to support the business dealings by communicating with clients. It offers 24-hours service to promote the business details and collaborate with business parties for sharing thoughts and ideas. Everything is on a single click and people love to use this application as a screen sharing tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This application can’t allocate the future meetings and there is no keys to store the option for sharing the upcoming details. Hence, this problem could be solved in further up-gradation and there will be more precise and accurate applications available for business meetings. Internet is very important for its working otherwise poor quality internet can make hindrance in live streaming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company deals with overseas clients and we are happy to use StarLeaf as our application tool. This software helps to communicate with clients for 24-hours and it’s easy to comprehend with its all features. It provides smooth live streaming and there is no interruption if the internet is speedy. Although good software for sharing screens and ideas to comprehend with all business detail. There is nothing to match its quality and function to provide the live streaming for every business detail. We can share our ideas and promote our business on demand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scientist
What do you like best?

Clean interface, does not have any clutter or extraneous options that can be confusing to new users.

When it works it has good integration with MS Outlook for scheduling vid meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Video quality is always average to poor. Whilst it has been partially fixed we did have several instances where scheduled meetings were not being shown on the MS Outlook calendar.

Little niggles aside, there are some major flaws which were still outstanding at the time of writing;

1) When in a group meeting there is no option to text message everyone. You have to create a separate group with the people involved manually to achieve this goal.

2) When someone is presenting to you, there's no way to shrink the presenter's face and you are left with a rectangle (which can be blank) which obscures to the top right hand corner of the screen. Also, the display quality of presentation is often quite poor so you're left squinting a little in an attempt to read the finer details.

Those two issues were amplified during the lockdown when video conferences became the de facto method of meetings. Understandably Starleaf is a small company so it would be unfair to expect functions like augmented background blurring or headtracking on video but having a chat box in group meeting or not having immovable boxes obscure presentation view is hardly rocket science.

In summary, don't bother with Starleaf unless you've tried the competitor brands or you enjoy having your patience tested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A unified e-comms system which is used by 3 sites. It does allow for a relatively seamless integration between MS Outlook and itself for scheduling video conferences with internal and external contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Project Manager
What do you like best?

StarLeaf provides each and every single thing that is needed for a conference call and the recently updated version of this application improved the overall quality much better than before. Delivering a world-class graphic video and well standard quality of audio. A secure and safe medium by which data can be transferred easily and quickly. Separate room system is also built-in. Although this application is very easy to use and informative for video conferences. We can use this software for eCommerce and for attending business meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downsizing of this application is it usees a lot of resources if it is used through VPN (sometimes). Or due to the poor connection of the Internet, the call will be dropped suddenly. One can not do chat outside the organization bounds the participants to communicate with each other in the organization only. The application is not modifying the user interface which makes the software more attractive to use and could hold the customers for more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A very useful app for video conferencing and communicating with other participants with an organization and with clients. Our organization is using this application for many years and is very helpful in video conferencing a. A user-friendly interface helps a lot to understand the software and other features that are given in the menu bar are very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UC Unified Communications Expert
What do you like best?

Easy, stable, frequently upgraded, excellent video, very meeting room systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing :the meeting scheduling Outlook plugin is not perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best security : ISO 27001

No piracy and no invited guests in StarLeaf meetings ;) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote working and collaboration are easy.: video, audio, phone (via SIP trunk), tchat, remote meeting.

Easy and quick to administrate and to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

I think quality and simplicity over all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Desktop app does not have some features, as chat for participants from different organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

verify what do you really need in terms of App (yet need development) or Room system (the best) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We fixed together Starleaf app to work properly in our Citrix environment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design and Applications Engineer
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use and the minimalistic approach to the layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The limitation of what you can do if you are calling from your phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to learn to use. Great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The screen share is super helpful. We are able to continue to work as a team from a distance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Simple UI, The software does not slow down my PC, Easy to use, Reliable, Integration with outlook calendar is a big time saver when scheduling meetings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have with the Starleaf is that there is no option to use a virtual background on video calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some competitor video conferencing software slows down my PC. Starleaf allows me to share my screen and video while working on tasks without issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Oriflame Beauty Advisor
What do you like best?

Easy to connect with your colleagues as all are in there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot say there is something that I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting connected with colleagues. It just like a phone call, so there's no need to set up a complete meeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Group Head Of IT
What do you like best?

We bought the entire package with a big screen for the main meeting room and it works really well. Users find it easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much, its a great solution, works well and we have few issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Starleaf if you want to avoid issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can have virtual meetings and sales teams no longer need to travel to HQ. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Good user interface and booking system is very intuitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could use more features for managing big conferences, and more engagement options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Work meetings, saving the need for face to face. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I love Starleaf because I am able to make calls, video chat and message anyone within the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This doesn't apply for me. I love this application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only problem s that we are not able to delete an individuals once they leave the company. Or remove a chat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

fitting with outlook so it's easy to manage the meeting with it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it's not allowed to chat while meeting and it's impossible to share more than one file at the same time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it's easy to deal with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use application, very good audio and video quality and easy to share screens. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing, I can't think of anything negative Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Starleaf mainly in the home office to link me with my partners Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.