3.9

Zuora is a subscription billing, commerce, & finance platform that enables your subscription business to succeed.

Work for Zuora?

Learning about Zuora?

Zuora Reviews

Showing 210 Zuora reviews
William A. G.

"The system that exceeded my expectations."

What do you like best?

I really like this program because through its different editions, it adapts to the needs of my company, it allows me to manage the different changes to be made to the products and their prices, as well as the administration of records and administration of taxes.

Zuora has an extraordinary technical support team, because I love that they had effective solutions that met our expectations and needs as a company, I also like that I can extract different reports, because that allows me to observe valuable data for my work meetings, plus that your billing system is very easy to use and is integrated with the sales team system.

What do you dislike?

In truth, there is nothing that I do not like about this program, however, in certain occasions when having so many options it is heavy, but after you get used to it, it is very easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this system because it adapts to any type of company, adapts to your needs and has an excellent technical support team. Without a doubt it is a great investment.

Thanks to Zuora, this system has been of great help to the company, specifically for our billing process, since previously, we presented faults when subscribing customers as well as price changes and others, but these problems were solved using this system.

It has also allowed our customers to be more satisfied, because when making purchases, billing is done easily and quickly, as well as benefiting our employees because they can work more comfortably and in less time, which It has generated greater benefits for both the work environment and financially.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Zuora
Jai S C.

"Zuora, Good tool for all types of invoices."

What do you like best?

Zuora is an ideal tool, a quick creation of all types of invoices and payments, in a simplified way, thanks to its redesigned and built-in templates, which are configured, all types of data, percentages and other necessary data to make payments and bills agilely.

What do you dislike?

you need to have extensive experience in programs, accounting, sales or similar, for the correct use of this software, since its configuration is not as simple as it seems, and to give it an appropriate use, you must have experience with this type of Applications, for novice users, can be difficult to use.

All billing is created in a digital way from the smallest to the largest payments, in this way you can automate many sales ares processes and get better results. In addition, the creation of digital catalogs, for many of our laboratory samples, are made using the tools available to Zuora and are kept more orderly and easier to access.

What Subscription Management solution do you use?

Elizabeth S.

"Zuora is enabling us to scale as a growing start-up"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly pass through large amounts of usage data for our clients is allowing us to perform billing in a time-effective manner. Once usage data is loaded, a few clicks and all of the invoices for our client base can be generated. Invoices are clean and detailed which help us maintain a good customer experience even with our somewhat complex billing model. The reporting is extremely helpful in calculating end of month commissions, recognizing and deferring revenue, and overall bookkeeping. The quoting tool that Zuora has integrated with Salesforce is also a huge plus. Our sales team can now easily create nice looking quotes by selecting various product / rate plans through the Zuora / Salesforce Quoting tool. The quotes are then immediately sent over to our clients and the subscription data synced to Zuora so that the client is ready to be billed. Prior to this process, it was a hassle manually inputting billing information into our legacy invoicing platform, which also offered no room to manage term dates / billing dates or any other subscription related data.

What do you dislike?

Be cautious of dates and how they can impact billing. I.e. if a customer signs up in the middle of the month, will their billing be prorated? There are many different dates that can be tracked in Zuora which make the tool complex, but also sophisticated. Additionally, the on-boarding and learning curve is extensive and steep - the training and implementation requires a lot of time and attention.. for a while it felt like my sole job was Zuora. However, working with Zuora's Global Services team that handles the implementation made it all worth it. The team at Zuora want to see you succeed and knowing I was in good hands, with people who were ready to help, made me all that more motivated in making sure I could implement Zuora to the best of it's capability at our company. I'm still not getting it all right / some subscriptions are more complicated than others, but I'm confident that with Zuora's support we will get to a point where invoicing is done seamlessly.

We signed onto Zuora without much standardization to our billing process, subscription management, or even a formalized product catalog. We were rapidly bringing new customers on at many different pricing schedules and payment terms. Now with Zuora, there is clear insight into the different rate plans customers are subscribed to, as well as their MRR and other reporting measures.

Katie P.

"Zuora implementation went smoothly, functionality meets our needs"

What do you like best?

I was extremely impressed with the Zuora team who lead our implementation. They were experienced, knowledgable, patient and kind. Excellent follow-through. It's been over 3 months since we've been live with Zuora for our billing. It's definitely a step up from our prior home-grown solution which involved integrating Stripe & other tools. With Zuora, we have greater visibility into the status of our billing, and greater functionality to price our products and services, employ discounting, and bill our customers. The API is powerful. The permissioning works well, and there are plenty of custom fields.

What do you dislike?

Zuora has a very robust database / data model and functionality to meet our needs. However, the user interface leaves a little to be desired. The API is powerful and useful, however, I find myself wishing for more powerful in-app editing capabilities - such as the ability to bulk edit accounts. We wish the integration with the Stripe gateway had more functionality such as auto card updater and ability to void credit card transactions. Not sure if this is a Stripe API limitation or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you have allocated an internal resource (and plenty of time) to the implementation, especially if you are migrating customer data.

Since implementing Zuora, our business now visibility into our outstanding balance (in collections). We now have a clear source of truth for our Product Offering (Product Catalog). We've gained more trust in our account and billing data, and we no longer need to rely on our senior engineers to report on billing-related metrics for our business. A big win!

William M.

"Zuora does what it should..."

What do you like best?

After migrating from an internal billing system to a 3rd party billing solution that almost killed our company, we migrated to Zuora. Quite simply, it works and we look forward to adding different applications as we grow. At this point, we have a simple product offering and do not need RevPro. However, I envision we will one day so am glad that Zuora is ahead of my needs - not the other way around.

What do you dislike?

I believe some of the reporting is cumbersome making it difficult to get all the stats on our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it!

We are automating revenue recognition. It will allow us to grow with fewer finance people.

Felix G.

"Zuora "

What do you like best?

Pretty straight forward application and user interface. Works well with basic setups. For basic subscriptions the system works well.

What do you dislike?

No flexibility for custom schedules. Cannot handle multiple currencies for a single client. Have to create too many work-arounds to get billing completed. Out of the box compadibility with other products is only one way. Need to attach other products to ensure proper functionality. Lack of system controls and history for changes and updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to test all scenarios that will be utilized with this Product. Also test instance where you would need to investigate a certain invoice or payment across systems, ie. SalesForce to Zuora or Zuora to the ERP, especially if there is a change from the original quote.

Subscription billing. Simple process and for the most part it does work well with basic subscriptions. It works with majority of our subscriptions however it causes too many issues with the remainig part of our business.

"Zuora is a great billing system for our coming"

What do you like best?

We are able to do invoicing and reporting all within Zuora. It is so useful to be able to do multiple things in one system. Zuora has been great for our billing and reporting!

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports and functions in Zuora aren't that intuitive, but once you figure out the ropes, Zuora is a great tool for billing and reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zuora is a great billing tool especially if you are looking to automate. We have journal entry automation, orders and advanced AR. All of which have been invaluable in our daily work.

We were able to automate many manual processes once we started using Zuora. We are also able to run reports and customize them to our needs which is very useful.

Sean W.

"Wonderfully Integrates with salesforce"

What do you like best?

The integration with salesforce is very robust and allowed our organization to fit zuora to our specific needs. The implementation team did a wonderful job of setting us up for success and even though we had unique requirements they offered workable solutions.

What do you dislike?

It takes training across your organization, which is expected, but there are quite a few places where users can mess up billing. I suggest sending each user through the Zuora university which I hear they are upgrading soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Having your own developers is a great idea since the API connection is very powerful, you can customize it to almost any degree.

We are a subscription business but did not have good visibility into our billing. Now we have great reporting and can quickly build reports in salesforce. Especially useful is being able to track discounts our sales reps are giving and the impact on revenue.

Tim C.

"Sophisticated billing platform to scale growing Saas businesses"

What do you like best?

Zuora provides my business and I the flexibility we need to make pricing and product changes on the fly. The object architecture allows us to customize and configure the platform the way we run our business.

What do you dislike?

The complexity is a blessing and a curse. The learning curve is a bit steep. But once you're in, the possibilities are endless. I compare it to a CRM. A good CRM isn't easy to set up. However, once you understand the ins and outs and configure it to meet your needs, you're able to move at a much faster pace.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As mentioned above, Zuora is complex to set up. However, once you're up and running, you're able to accelerate your business and not waste engineering resource on billing (and instead use those resources on your business). If you have a really simple billing / business model, then Zuora isn't for you. However, if you have a somewhat complex business model, or if you want flexibility to grow and adapt with you business, Zuora is a fantastic fit.

We launched self-serve usage based pricing for our software offering. Additionally, we have an Enterprise Sales team that sells "unlimited" access to our products. Zuora allows us to customize their system to support both pricing models simultaneously.

Jared M.

"Rough Start with Zuora"

What do you like best?

One thing that's great is how it can integrate with all of our software. It can integrate with Salesforce and our admin software.

What do you dislike?

It seems outdated. There are also many clicks I have to make to accomplish a small task. Of all the software I have used for work, it is easily the one that took the most training. I still don't have it figured out a few months in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I haven't seen any updates to the look or any improvements for making it more user friendly.

Trying to make our data and tracking of what customers are paying for simpler, but we haven't really gotten that out of it quite yet. Hopeful we will once it is fully implemented.

Ksenia K.

"Great tool for simplifying your billing / invoicing needs"

What do you like best?

Zuora makes billing and invoicing simple - especially for sales-assisted businesses. It helps to create a unified flow around all products and services that you may be selling.

What do you dislike?

Implementing Zuora is not a plug-n-play experience. Having a technical team in place is a must to get this right.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zuora is a powerful platform - you need to make sure you define your business processes ahead of time; otherwise, the implementation may not be easy or effective to solve your business challenges. You also need to be comfortable with changing your internal business processes to make the overall solution more effective (technology + process).

We wanted to simplify our billing and invoicing experience and ensure we had a unified flow across our products. We were able to create a single flow for all of our products and renewals.

Christina A.

"Falling in love with Zuora...."

What do you like best?

I love the clean, simple design of the Zuora UI. From the first time I logged in, I felt like I was home. It has been simple to learn and simple to teach my team.

What do you dislike?

Reporting in Zuora is not the most user friendly to pick up. Knowing which data sources will yield the right results is not always easy and reporting can be cumbersome at times. Also, not being able to view full results without downloading can slow the process down as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to have a solid product catalog before you begin! It is the backbone of everything!

Zuora has integrated well with our existing Salesforce platform. Also, in our old sytem, we had "orphan payments" that could not be matched up to customers. Zuora's subscription/invoicing capabilities have solved that!

Colin J.

"Never again"

What do you like best?

Since upgrading to CPQ, we have been able to dynamically build our quotes with bundling.

What do you dislike?

Unless you have a full internal admin and dev team to support you, dealing with Zuora support will be PAINFUL. We are averaging one support ticket per week because of all the issues we have come across. The software is buggy, slow, and the users hate it. Avoid at all costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avoid at all costs.

Zuora is out billing system of record and allows our sales reps to send quotes to the customers.

Colin T.

"Great New Invoicing Platform"

What do you like best?

The easy ability to change pricing and subscriptions by the click of a single button. I also like the syncing capability between Salesforce and Zuora making it very seamless. The ability to be able to pull up multiple reports from data pulled in is also great.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at some points of the software there are too many options. It can be a little overwhelming at times unless you really familarize yourself with the software and all of the options available.

Currently, alot of our invoicing is very manual so moving to Zuora we were able to automate alot of the tedious processes in regards to end of month invoicing. This saves alot of time as our customers are able to get their invoices in a timely fashion.

Gurjinder P.

"Seamless Migration, Great Features "

What do you like best?

I have been impressed by product catalog. I would call it a smart product catalog with future amendments etc. Also UI is great and corresponding API is flawless. We have been able to connect our middle tier/microservices with zuora api without a hitch.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to make email more dynamic. Such as if zuora is sending an email to user for failed payments - maybe we can insert upcoing new content that user might be interested in - thus user will quickly update the payments.

Successfull payments. We are tyring to maximize our successfull payments. We are also trying to keep churn in check.

We also wanted to expand our product catalog to offer more products for promos etc.

Krysteen H.

"Easy integration"

What do you like best?

integration into salesforce was easy once we got the rules and limitations down.

setting roles and what each user role is allowed to perform certain tasks is helpful where many eyes can view the billing data.

confidential, no full credit card number is displayed.

What do you dislike?

whiel their reporting has come a long way in the last 5 years, the interface in which to create reports is not very pleasing and you need to hunt for things. the 'example' display is not accurate at all, and for some reason mine is set to spanish instead of english.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for a first step into a billing system integrated with crm this is a valuable tool.

i recommend paying the extra money had having Zuora do the integration for you.

adding zuora to our business has allowed us to have a customer facing store where they can shop for services for their subscriptions. using api calls into salesforce, zuora has allowed us to give our customers a more personalized shop experience with easy billing.

Chris J.

"Sounded Perfect, till it Wasn't."

What do you like best?

SalesForce Integration, Billing Tools, Reports

What do you dislike?

The lack of support from Zuora in general. Poor job at follow through and after launch bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zuora is all sales and no follow through. They can sell the hell out of this product, but the programming process is a nightmare. Be prepared to get billed tons of hours for incomplete work. As soon as they are done with the billing hours, poof, they are gone! Some insight for anyone who needs a subscription based fulfillment needs....Hire smart people to customize Salesforce and use Salesforce as your main source and data center. Avoid these types of companies because it will just be one headache after another.

Hire in-house staff with Salesforece and business knowledge. At that point, create salesforce as your source for all data, including billing, fulfillment, renewals, ect

AC

"A year-long nightmare"

What do you like best?

Zoura offers a lot of flexibility around how products and "rate plans" can be set up.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin.

The implementation process was awful. We were forced to use a 3rd party consulting group for implementation. They knew very little about the product and were more interested in tracking hours and building spreadsheets than doing any work. After our prepaid hours (about $300/hr) with them ran out, we realized that we would be better off on our own since the only real help we got was from an internal contact at Zoura.

After a while we gave up on the full integration, setting for a very manual billing process. Our CX manager at Zuora wasn't able to offer any help or best practices for us in our industry (B2B SaaS). On more than one occasion they said to us "I'm not sure, nether of my other customers do that".

After a year we decided that we needed to move to another platform. We left behind blood, sweat, tears, and a whole lot of wasted money. Perhaps we were doomed from the beginning due to an inept implementation team and the software is actually great. Hard to say.

We were hoping to integrate our billing system with our CRM and product to automate billing and reporting.

"Robust software, new features are super promising!"

What do you like best?

The new suite of services (such as workflows and data query) look to be super promising and I hope that they will allow us to streamline our business processes.

What do you dislike?

Some of the basic things we'd like to do aren't built in features yet. Such as placing an exchange rate on an invoice without having to use their one offered solution (very pricey).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Join the community and learn from those who have come before you!

We work in a subscription environment, so Zuora has been key to us allowing our customers to provision and onboard to the platform as quickly as possible, while also allowing for dynamic use charges (by unit, per usage, etc) so that our customers have more flexibility in their choices.

Stacie B.

"Rolling Window"

What do you like best?

Within Zuora we are able to bill and charge. System reporting is easy to use and create other reports within.

What do you dislike?

Currently we do not have Revpro and therefore we struggle with the 606 recognition. We also have Zuora set up to recognize all revenue upfront which causes more work on the back end. The system does not make it easy to see amendments. I am also concerned with the direction Zuora is going in. Are we their target customer.

Subscription Billing, Invoicing, payments

Mary H.

"Automating revenue recognition is now easy"

What do you like best?

The Zuora platform takes a lot of the guesswork out of what revenue to recognize and when, simply by entering the rules in each product and allowing the product to carry the rules.

What do you dislike?

There is surprisingly little customization in places one would expect there to be ample ability to customize. I'm hoping new updates solve some of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a process engineer involved, who understands your current CPQ so you can more easily migrate products.

Revenue recognition rules in subscription billing--saves time for our analysts so they can work on models and prediction rather than reconciliation.

AC

"Zuora Review"

What do you like best?

Zuora is a fantastic billing system that easily integrates with Salesforce.com. The overall ease of use, configuration for recurring / one-time billing charges, and easy hook-up into Salesforce.com makes Zuora an easy choice for many companies in the software / SaaS space.

What do you dislike?

The API for Zuora is a bit confusing for the average user / developer, and it takes time to become acclimated to their data model. Also, the pricing for Sandbox environments is somewhat unreasonable, but overall that's about the only downside I can think of for Zuora.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend companies looking for a new billing system to give Zuora a shot; they make excellent software and have been a great vendor to work with.

Zuora helps resolve the typical issues tied to subscription billing. We've experimented with many different pricing models over the years, and generally speaking Zuora has been able to accomodate them all (one time pricing, recurring, billing based on credits, discounting / promotions, etc.). It's greatly expedited the typical process for setting up customer subscriptions.

Scott G.

"Repeatedly Positive Experience"

What do you like best?

Zuora is flexible and extensive and often times has a solution in place or a solution engineer can quickly offer a solution to help scale or stabilize the business

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Zuora interface can be cludgy or confusing - especially when there are very complex deals being entered into the interface.

We are in the process of migrating all of our products from one subscription platform to Zuora. Our consumer products, since they are simple and straight-forward, are i nthe process of being completed. We will continue to move our mid-market applications and services into Zuora by Q4 2019.

User in Hospitality

"Zuora: Payment Solution for All"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to review the platform through several search filters. The software is very user friendly and allows you to learn every day the more time you spend in the platform.

What do you dislike?

I find that the biggest struggle with my company today is linking Zuora to our ACH gateway.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software for smaller companies looking to grow and expand.

A few business problems we have solved with Zuora are combining multiple softwares into one. We have now rid of two other softwares including Auth.net and are working on getting rid of one more once we can pair our ACH gateway to Zuora.

Brandon H.

"Wokring with Zuora during Saas Transformation"

What do you like best?

The excellent level of support from every arm of the organization. From sales to implementation, to support and customer success management, it feels like Zuora values its customers and does not shy away from tough questions. In addition, the system is intuitive and easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

With a rapidly growing company like Zuora, sometimes necessary features seem far away from production. For example, we are expanding our international offerings and some features (such as translated product names, VAT fields, etc.) are either not yet developed, or in limited beta. Despite this, I will give Zuora positive feedback for allowing companies easy access to betas if the features are needed for business operation.

Additionally, its REST API is lacking, and even simple functions have to be done via SOAP. This leads to less responsive and flexible e-commerce and and custom integrations.

Reports and reporting are less than adequate. However, Zuora is investing a tremendous amount of money and resources into fixing this, and it seems that the new solution, Z-Spotlight, will address most of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be very clear in your business requirements and make sure that Zuora has the features you expect and need.

We are transforming our traditional sales offerings into a complex SaaS portfolio, helping our customers take advantage of only what they need through different tiers of service made possible through Zuora's system of products and rate plans. In addition, the system has the flexibility to handles multiple rate plans and products on a subscription, so we can up-sell support or license add on, so a customer can adjust their level of engagement at any time.

Learn more about Zuora

Zuora Videos

Learning about Zuora?

* We monitor all Zuora reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.9