SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo

SurveyGizmo is an online survey software tool for designing online surveys, collecting data and performing analysis.

Work for SurveyGizmo?

Learning about SurveyGizmo?

SurveyGizmo Reviews

Ask SurveyGizmo a Question
Showing 439 SurveyGizmo reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SurveyGizmo
Michelle H.

"Excellent Resource"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo is fast and accurate. I've created numerous survey's and viewing my results via an export to Excel allows me to sort and drill down to the exact information that I'm looking for. The online results are super helpful for a quick overall review too.

What do you dislike?

I'm not certain how to utilize all the numerous features and question types. I'd love a tutorial section. Maybe it's there and I haven't run across it yet!? I'd love to be able to utilize all the features that Survey Gizmo has to offer. It's not just a quick survey tool, it has so much more if you think outside of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The look and feel and ease of use of they Survey Gizmo tool is outstanding. They have really upgraded in the last several years to create a product that is customer focuses and easy to use. Our team needs to do more to utilize this excellent service. I don't beleive that we've even scratched the surface of what it can do.

We have been able to survey internally to obtain quick data from team members who work in multiple offices. This data is concise and represents them much more beneficially than attempting to review and summarize email answers to our questions.

Some quick pieces of data are simple "what dinner should we serve for our yearly event' or a quick survey to retrieve employee data - maybe gather start dates, birthdates, current mailing addresses for the team. We've done a lot within our team to pull data. It's very helpful with the Export to Excel feature.

What Survey solution do you use?

Balázs Péter H.

"Unique features and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I was looking for MaxDiff question type that was missing from all other tools. SurveyGizmo provided it in a well documented way with reports and data export. It was intuitive to set up the survey, conduct it, and generate basic reports. The data export features are rich and enabled me to further analyze and share results e.g. in RapidMiner and Tableau.

The online reports (as an option instead of PDF or PPT doc) enabled my client to interactively browse the results.

What do you dislike?

It has a high price (for the package contains the MaxDiff question type), for a one off survey what I've conducted. Even I've used it as a consultant in the public cloud app, it kept showing me enterprise offers.

The UI is sometimes not as fast as expected and the report charts are limited. I've exported data and made extra tableau dashboards to complete them.

Survey test link is a nice feature to try the survey, however when it gets out to recipients (by a mistake) I cannot disable the link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your are looking for an out-of-the box maxDiff survey to conduct SurveyGizmo worth its price. However, companies should have this or (other) survey platform subscribed and not for on off basis: this is a source of BI to revisit and integrate with.

Conducted a special opinion survey using MaxDiff and SurveyGizmo enables us to perform this without implementing an own survey tool.

Kate B.

"A reliable and straightforward survey platform"

What do you like best?

We are a small organisation that builds bespoke surveys for each project (around 15 - 20 or so per week). The ease and speed of putting these surveys is excellent. We used a different platform before and have been delighted with the positive differences between the two - we would NEVER go back! We spent several weeks researching and trying various platforms and Survey Gizmo was the front runner by a significant margin. The location of their server within the EA was another positive with regard to GDPR/Data Protection. We have found the support team to be responsive when we have needed help, again this is in direct contrast with our previous provider. The value for money for such a good service has been the icing on the cake.

What do you dislike?

There have been very few things we don't like. the main one has been a design issue with regard to the GDPR Consent statement/ tick box. We have received emails on a regular basis about whichever survey not proceeding past a certain point, which is always the question prior to the Consent statement/tick box - the tick box is not obvious enough and the format/design can't be altered by the user as it is an inbuilt part of every survey. This has been indicated as a low-priority in the development roadmap.

Surveys form a key part of our process. We needed to reduce the time spent on building them without compromising on the quality of the surveys. In addition, we were spending way to much on our previous platform in terms of money and time. We now have a much faster, efficient and cost effective solution in place.

Madison V.

"Job-Saver"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to set up and/or conditionals when hiding a question based on answers to other questions. It's also really easy for us to enter translations for surveys we conduct in other countries.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were possible to view all pages on a survey at one time. In order to make a survey mobile-friendly, each question has to have its own page because younger respondents will close the survey if they have to scroll too much on their phones. Our surveys end up having 30+ pages and we constantly have to navigate through blocks of a maximum of 10 pages at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The user interface is simple and exploring the product is easy. It helps if you have experience making surveys and/or someone on your team who does. The program generally gives you an alert if you are about to make a mistake in formatting, which is helpful if you have never used an online survey platform before. Overall, a solid choice if you need quick surveys that can be sent to respondents immediately upon completion.

We can make surveys quickly and easily that reach an extremely wide audience. Our company conducts surveys in countries on 6 continents and almost all of our survey traffic goes through SurveyGizmo, whether directly through respondents or through data entry. Copying a survey and editing it for a different context is a key component of what we do and it's simple with SurveyGizmo

German P.

"Easy and powerfull"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo has many structure formats that we can use to rapidly begin shapes. We can tweak the structure and include a wide range of kinds of fields, not simply standard content, catch and radio fields. The structure creation devices are very natural and don't require much specialized skill to utilize adequately. There are basic simplified apparatuses that enable us to include and move inquiries around easily. I like that a few inquiries can naturally be skipped relying upon a client's reaction to a past inquiry.

What do you dislike?

Working with a portion of the outside programming incorporations can be confounded. The client bolster group at SurveyGizmo is useful, yet they don't in every case completely see how to interface things up legitimately. The evaluating is somewhat high contrast with other review stages that offer comparative highlights.

SurveyGizmo has been an extremely compelling answer for making review structures and ordering information in a smooth and quick way. SurveyGizmo presents a general proficient encounter for both the product client and review takers. We can tweak frames at incredible length and open the entryway for point by point reactions that really give us knowledge into our respondents considerations. We have had the capacity to gather quality information that enable us to settle on very educated choices about item and administration advancement.

Victor G.

"A very streamlined solution for collecting and processing feedback data"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo has many form templates that we can use to quickly start forms. We can customize the design and add many different types of fields, not just standard text, button and radio fields. The form creation tools are quite intuitive and don't require much technical know-how to use effectively. There are simple drag-and-drop tools that allow us to add and move questions around smoothly. I like that some questions can automatically be skipped depending on a user's response to a previous question.

What do you dislike?

Working with some of the external software integrations can be complicated. The customer support team at SurveyGizmo is helpful, but they don't always fully understand how to link things up properly. The pricing is rather high compare to other survey platforms that offer similar features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SurveyGizmo has been a very effective solution for creating survey forms and compiling data in a smooth and fast way. SurveyGizmo presents an overall professional experience for both the software user and survey takers. We can customize forms at great length and open the door for detailed responses that truly give us insight into our respondents thoughts. We have been able to accumulate quality data that allow us to make highly informed decisions about product and service development.

Carlos T.

"Easy and simple!!"

What do you like best?

I love how this has variety of features to offer and even upgrading it every now and then. Easy to navigate and very user friendly. It's amazing that you can gather so much data in this tool. Graphs and charts are also presented in a simple yet professional manner.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, if I can come up in a con, first thing comes to mind would be the cost. A bit expensive compare to other survey tools. This might not be practical for someone that's on a tight budget. But if u got some dimes then it's pretty much worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for data gathering or survey tool, surveygizmo would be your best pick. Very easy to use, more customization options according to your preference

I was using this before at my previous job for recruitment and training purposes. This has been helpful to identify the needs of the students and gauging their performance. Over all a good data gathering tool.

Travis T.

"Decent free features"

What do you like best?

I like that you didn't limit the amount of questions I was asking, just the amount of responses I got back. This is a great model because it allows me to create a full survey to deploy to a smaller demographic to determine how effective it will be when we upgrade to a paid model.

What do you dislike?

The user interface feels dated. I would look at some of your competitors to make some stylistic updates. I ALMOST didn't use you because your surveys look like they're straight out of 1999.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SurveyGizmo provides the best free plan (scout plan) compared to other Survey companies. It really allows you to feel out the entire process all the way to completing and reporting on your first survey.

I work for a church and I needed feedback about how one of the classes is going. We occasionally need to survey 100-10,000 people.

Erica M.

"Great for internal and external surveys"

What do you like best?

We use SurveyGizmo for internal surveys, external surveys for events and for internal list pulls - it's an easy way to collect information quickly and the surveys are easy to build.

What do you dislike?

SurveyGizmo doesn't integrate with HubSpot so I can't track survey engagement on a contact level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If other survey tools integrate with your marketing automation tool, that might be a better bet. Overall, we have had a good experience using SureyGizmo as our survey tool and would recommend it. It's user friendly and not costly which is important for any team looking into it!

It allows us to track multiple questions in one place, we also use it to track all of our list requests with IT and Marketing since we are moving from a home grow CRM to Salesforce.com

Aasim S.

"Best survey tool by far, most intricate features and capabilties"

What do you like best?

You wouldn't believe how much I've been able to do with SurveyGizmo that I couldn't dream of with other tools. Everyone has basic branching logic, but adaptive questions (building answer choices from previous questions' answers), advanced scoring and triage, intricate question types (i.e., summation, multi-slider, picture based) are pretty amazing when you consider how niche the use cases are.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, if SurveyGizmo were to build in a way for people to register accounts and revisit and revise their entries, you'd basically have a membership portal. Maybe in a future version!

I've used it to create triage protocols for advanced clinical use cases. It's pretty intricate what it can do, and I've rarely been able to 'break' its functionality by coming up with a use case it can't handle.

Mary Z.

"Works well for my agencies"

What do you like best?

I thought I'd be lost trying to edit the forms on my own, but I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is. And, if I'm confused, very friendly customer service reps are right there to help me out.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any dislikes. I have never had any bad experiences with SurveyGizmo.

I needed to design online applications for several agencies. When I approached an employee of SurveyGizmo and asked if a survey form would work for me, he said I'd have no problem with that. My department director was very pleased with the rates SurveyGizmo charges as well. The employees in each agency who run the websites were also very pleased with how easy it was to put the link to the online application on their websites.

"Research Manager"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Survey Gizmo is to use. At every step of the marketing research process, Survey Gizmo is intuitive and provides great support help in the event you need help. I love that I can use the branding tools to make the survey look like its from our clients' internal program instead of a third party platform, which some clients prefer to have.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that level of support is based on the level subscription you pay for. Any paying user should be able to have access to customer support on the phone or online, whichever they prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! For what it costs, you gain more than enough features to conduct and collect professional and accurate marketing data.

We use Survey Gizmo in various ways to understand how best to serve our clients' customers. We primarily use the survey platform for customer satisfaction and voice of the customer studies, so we've recognized the benefits of using a survey system to maintain ongoing communications with customers.

Anand P.

"Clean, Easy-to-Use, Full-Function Survey Platform with awesome Customer and Technical support"

What do you like best?

SG is pretty intuitive to pick up and start building surveys in, whether for evaluation work, research, or marketing. Their templates are great starting points, and everything is fully customizable. Our clients love that we can customize surveys with their branding and style guidelines. Data is easily exportable into various formats, depending on the statistical software you use. Their documentation is so easy to use, so you can always find an answer to whatever questions may arise when working in the platform.

What do you dislike?

While the reporting functions give a quick snapshot of results, there is a bit lacking stylistically from a data viz perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have great customer and technical support who are very responsive. We're able to get new staff onboard and up-to-speed quickly because of the online training and detailed documentation provided by SurveyGizmo. Our clients very appreciate the customizable layouts that keep their surveys branded and in line with their style guidelines. The data is easily exported into multiple formats for quick and insightful analysis, including SPSS, SAS, MS Excel, and other statistical software packages.

Working in public health research and evaluation, our team is able to gain useful insights into community needs, the impact of small and large scale programs, as well as employ SG for capturing data in controlled research studies.

Kevin L.

"Questioning its value"

What do you like best?

Survey Gizmo is easy to use and allows me to get my surveys up and running quickly.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the pricing changes and limitations added in recent years. I now get a lesser product at 4 1/2 times the cost. How in the world is that acceptable? Case in point, I used to be able to distribute the surveys to as many people as needed. Then they limited it to number of people that could be engaged in any one campaign. Now they cap at 10,000 per month - on my multi-user account. How they think any serious market researcher can operate under that constraint defies me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honestly, I'd look elsewhere. Service decreases and constraints increase constantly (and without regard to your annual contract). I don't know where things net out, but the trend is troubling.

Survey Gizmo helps me collect business data on behalf of clients. It's extremely powerful and easy to use survey software.

Leonel C.

"good survey tool"

What do you like best?

It is ideal for people who, for example, have to do web surveys every week, synchronize all the data we obtain in a Google Docs spreadsheet.

All the answers can be stored offline to avoid having to depend on an internet connection to look at them, and you can also customize all the surveys with exclusive designs worked by the user, you can create many types of surveys, and do them collaboratively with our colleagues and clients to increase their issues and effectiveness.

What do you dislike?

if we use the surveys only on an occasional basis, and generally through social channels, it is not ideal, there are other much cheaper tools to do it, such as PollDaddy. the price can be very high for some companies

Recommendations to others considering the product:

interface is simple and easy to understand. It took 8 minutes to create a survey with different question types.

is a very useful tool if you have to do surveys regularly

C
Un-attributed

"Survey Gizmo Professional Small Business Software"

What do you like best?

I like that Survey Gizmo is a flexible platform that allows Surveys to be branded. The professional version allows for more complicated skip patterns and the software allows for quick data sub-set analysis and charts. The team at Survey Gizmo is professional, helpful customer service team.

What do you dislike?

The Survey is a good value for higher volume survey users but can be expensive (new pricing plan) if you do not conduct many surveys. Would like to have the option of telephone support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare the functionality of Survey Gizmo vs. the new Survey Monkey software to make sure it continues to be a good value (it was before their pricing increase)

We have used Survey Gizmo for consumer brand studies for clients large and small. The ability to screen and segment, branch questions is very helpful along with the branding element. Leveraged for consumer shopper marketing insight reporting & brand surveys.

"Surveygizmo Review"

What do you like best?

Surveygizmo is very easy to use. Setting up surveys is simple and there are many different options to choose from so you can build a survey tailored to your needs. By using Surveygizmo we are able to gather valuable information as well as simplify other tasks, such as registering for events or evaluating classes and instructors. It is also very easy to view the results of the surveys and there are multiple types of exports you can choose from depending on the kind of report you want to make. It also allows you to select specific questions when exporting results so you don't have to do it after you export.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that when you're working in Surveygizmo and someone else logs in with the same account, a warning pops up that there is another logged in session and it asks you to log out the other session in order to continue working. This might cause you to lose any work that you didn't save before the warning appears.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SurveyGizmo is a wonderful tool for gathering information and is easy to use. Any company could benefit from using their platform to collect valuable data and feedback.

I work in the office of a nursing school so we use Surveygizmo for gathering different information. We use it for prospective students as a questionnaire to gather their info, we use it to assess how enrolled students feel about their courses and instructors, we use it to register students for graduation, we use it for faculty and employee self evaluations, student graduation surveys, and many more. The benefits are that we are able to easily acquire any information we need instead of doing it in a more time consuming way such as paper questionnaires. This also makes processing the information much more efficient and saves us a lot of time.

Sara P.

"My favorite tool for surveys. "

What do you like best?

The Survey gizmo interface is very simple and easy to use. People of all ages can set up a surgery very quickly. Also, it is inexpensive so, I have the freedom to make as many surveys as I like. Where I work, I have to survey the consumers of our products too see if they enjoyed their purchases, any complaints, and how to make our products better/suggestions.

What do you dislike?

I really don’t dislike anything about Survey Gizmo.

In my job, Survey Gizmo has eliminated the process of people having to take surveys on paper. It is really simple to use and I can survey a lot of people without them having to leave the comfort of their homes/they have the ability to do it at any time that is convenient to them. The benefits include not wasting paper, more activity, and reading data is very simple.

Oriana O.

"Surveygizmo is an easy to learn, highly customizable and flexible survey tool"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is easy to learn, it takes very little to get started despite the fact that its highly customizable and flexible. It provides sufficient options for complex surveys and different types of questions.

What do you dislike?

SurveyGizmo's limitations are the areas they don't try to cover- they don't yet do certain types of remote testing such as card sorting or tree testing, or statistical comparison tests, but as a survey tool they offer very complete coverage.

We use SurveyGizmo for surveys constantly, and for many different purposes. Different teams at our organization use it for different purposes. The data visualizations make it easy to quickly export results to a broad audience.

Konstantin D.

"Excellent tool, but much of the functionality is limited to higher-tier pricing"

What do you like best?

Surveygizmo is simple to use and has good automation capabilities, such as piping answers to new questions, sending emails/notifications based on responses. Plus you can customize the layout of each question with your own HTML (header, description, etc).

I like the function to review partially complete responses, then download an export and send a reminder campaign to finish the responses, which is very useful for long questionnaires. You can also send a link to edit a response to the user.

The support is lightning-fast and very friendly.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. They used to be more open, but about a year ago decided to move into the enterprise space more and locked most of the features under more expensive plans from $1000 a year, whereas you can get SurveyMonkey for $400 a year. If you're paying something like $300 for a basic account, you don't get even to remove the system's branding from your survey or edit the layouts of your questions. It has become very very restrictive.

On the level of functionality, I think they could improve on integration with email tools or improve the internal mailer. For example, it would be great to send email to participants and make it easier to pre-populate the "name" fields with data from the CRM or emailer.

I run business surveys for market research purposes. Mostly using the basic functions like designing surveys, using reports, downloading exports, building new surveys from the old.

Erik L.

"Good platform for simple surveys"

What do you like best?

SG offers an easy to use platform for setting up and executing simple surveys. I like the survey creation tools, ability to add your own respondents, and how easy it is to test & share the survey with other collaborators.

What do you dislike?

The survey building tools assume that you have some familiarity with the type of questions. It takes some playing around with the question types to get it right. Also the pricing is somewhat high for paid products and and the limitations with the free tools are fairly significant. Report generation and charting are not easy - much easier to export results to Excel.

I have been able to capture and analyze the Voice of the Customer in fairly easy ways, which has yielded significant insights on opportunities to improve the brand and customer experience.

Carly W.

"Simple and Easy way to connect and feel protected in a company"

What do you like best?

I like that you can submit without saying who you are. It's easy and you don't feel like you will get retaliated against, because it's anonymous. I also like being able to rate who I'm working for, without the threat of losing my job. It allows us to add comments, so if something isn't working we can say what it is, and give our own suggestions.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy, there's not really much to dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy way to speak to your employees without them feeling threatened. Sometimes you need to hear from the people themselves to hear what you need to change or not change.

The fact that we can freely and openly give our opinions helps the company hear us. Especially in big-box stores, the higher management doesn't have time to interview everyone. This is a quick way to get opinions and make sure business is headed in the right direction!

Un-attributed

"Best platform for collecting quality survey data"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo streamlines the survey process and provides quality responses and data from our constituents. It provides a wide variety of question types and filtering options in order to ensure the proper questions are being asked. It also better improves outcomes for our constituents/patients based on our survey results. It is easy to edit and reformat questions as desired, and is easy to navigate, export data, and create reports.

What do you dislike?

Duplicate protection needs improvement. Anyone who would like to start a survey and finish at a later time is unable to which limits total survey responses. Password protection option can be also be a challenge when uploading spreadsheets with pre-populated data. Logic and piping options for questions can be difficult when designing more complicated and in-depth surveys, which requires a lot of testing. Follow-up surveys do not provide an option for survey takers to review their previous survey responses, which may provide less accurate data when comparing individuals across multiple surveys. Suggestion would be to have an option to link surveys together in order to more easily track data from individuals across multiple surveys and save previous survey data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SurveyGizmo is well suited for complex research surveys that require a lot of detailed data from constituents. It is also the ideal platform to use when incentives such as gift cards are given to survey completers. Compared to alternative survey platforms, it allows for greater quality survey results when collecting constituent data.

SurveyGizmo has helped streamline our survey process by providing quality responses and data and has helped better improve outcomes for our patients. Our constituents' opinions are valued and appreciated, which strengthens their connection and support of our organization and mission.

El-Noor R.

"Very quick to create sophisticated forms, assessments, surveys, feedback"

What do you like best?

Superior Product overall and I have evaluated many of them, including SM.

-- very versatile product to create not just surveys, but training assessments and forms such as on-boarding.

-- a wide array of questions

-- I never thought I would need this, but CSS has come in handy to improve the rendering

-- regular expressions (RegEx) to validate field entry

-- scripting using both SG's API or JavaScript, this is necessary since not all functionality is part of the UI (yet).

-- Oh, yes, unlike SurveyMonkey, you can create logic actions to send emails

What do you dislike?

-- you need to use scripting to grey out fields instead of using logic just like how you show/hide fields.

-- greying out fields is useful when passing URL parameters or you pass the survey/form to others to complete and you do not want them to edit certain fields.

-- begin able to show more than 5 fields in Results

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create your Rubric criteria, for example:

-- show/hide fields based on logic of other fields

-- email based on logic

-- integration to other tools such as box, crm

-- scripting for some heaving lifting tasks

-- questions such as ranking, heat maps, custom grid

-- field validation (RegEx, date, email, numeric)

-- asset library

-- piping, url parameter passing

-- able to pass the survey URL to someone else

-- responsive (mobile ready)

-- providing self-serve forms without calling or sending a ticket to IT for projects, issues, tasks, for example minimal training to show users how to create assessment forms or on-boarding/off-boarding without using InfoPath (which will be end of life soon)

Valeria M.

"SurveyGizmo has helped me build a better company."

What do you like best?

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is that it is a program that easily offers immediate results to its clients along with the fantastic opinions it provides, and the design so illustrative that has gradually developed in its interface, SurveyGizmo is a very compromising software which has undoubtedly achieved a fantastic ranking in the pollsters, thus offering a comfortable and safe place to all its customers.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about SurveyGizmo are its prices, I think they are really high, improving these prices would contribute a lot to your customers because it would offer more job opportunities and more financial opportunities within today's companies, this software has to work very hard in this financial arena, since they rely on to be able to get a nice audience who is comfortable using this software and paying for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend SurveyGizmo because I consider it to be a software that goes in an excellent direction, in an appropriate way and committed to its consumers.

SurveyGizmo has helped me a lot to build and improve within my company, has helped me to undertake socially, a very serious company and committed to its employees and services, has helped us along with the opinions it provides, a power to play us better and build our best staff.

Julián P.

"Good tool but they doesn't respect clients"

What do you like best?

It was a good tool with the benefit-cost ratio that it offered. The functions are sufficient for any person or company that requires surveys and operates quite well.

What do you dislike?

I was a client of them for about eight years. Everything good changed and it went badly. The product, the characteristics, the commercial conditions, the form of payment. Everything got worse for the customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not recommend this tool. After having trained many people in my organization, to have purchased hardware to use offline survey functionality, to have configured servers and others to make use of our domain. They decided to change the rates by eleven times the value we paid before for eight years. It can be very risky for any company that makes decisions within the framework of this tool because they do not care how their changes affect customers. They only wanted to charge 11 times more money for the same service. I feel that they are an unreliable and abusive organization. The product is good, you can buy them, but for me, there are other alternatives much cheaper and not worth taking risks with surveygizmo.

We conduct market research for our company and different clients. We used the offline survey service when we were in environments where internet connection was not possible. We use it to do service surveys and online surveys. It is a robust tool with multiple functionalities.

Bhavesh N.

"Greedy, unconscionable, all for money."

What do you like best?

A few years ago, SurveyGizmo had a product that a few of their competitors could match. Many of their features were not available on any other platforms. Advanced quizzes, deep calculations, and a lot of freedom in structuring surveys and quizzes are very powerful.

What do you dislike?

They started changing their pricing structure a few years ago and many of their users, including me, fell into their higher tiers. I am a light user as the surveys I was developing had some advanced features but I had extremely light traffic. Over the last few years, until I cancelled with them about a year ago, I had to pay them serious money host 2 surveys with a very little traffic, primarily because they were elusive about their policies on downgrading and what it would do to my data.

I asked them many times to let me downgrade to a lower tier plan because I was not using the very frequently. Their replies were vague. They also changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me more. They put me on a "legacy plan" and I could not use some of the features any more.

Thankfully, the survey provider landscape had changed quite a lot over the last few years. There are many new players coming into market. A new provider I have switched to supports everything that SG did and does it better than them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small business, steer clear.

Learned many of the jargon, capabilities, of the survey business. Created some innovative surveys using their software that I was later able to transfer to other providers.

Tony G.

"Acer Computer Uses Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to learn and to use and new surveys or edits can be made very quickly and easily. Exporting the data for our analysis is also a quick and easy task. Help & Support features within the tool are excellent.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I do not like. There is a capability to stylize the surveys with logos, colors, images, fonts, etc. Some of those capabilities seem rather rudimentary and so may not allow for all the options that a professional graphic designer might like to employ for a glitzy look & feel. But the options available have provided everything that I (NOT a graphic designer) would want to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We find the standard licensing offer to be quite adequate for our needs. But if you require a higher volume of users or additional assistance and support for analysis, etc., the Enterprise version may be a better fit.

I have been the primary administrator and user of this tool for several years. We use it for global user satisfaction surveys that are emailed, as well as for pop-up website surveys within our Service/Support operations and other ad hoc surveying needs. The use of SG has helped us to easily gain very valuable feedback fro our customers on a steady basis.

AH
Un-attributed

"Not my favorite survey platform, but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

You can customize the look of each survey so it fits with your brand. The autoreply feature (when you can get it to work) is nice--it sends a response or confirmation for you so you don't have to do it yourself. I like how you can manipulate the survey response boxes and move them around to reorder or change the look of your survey.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of experience working with Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey and find their platforms to be slightly more intuitive. Also, SurveyGizmo seems very slow--there is always a lag when I try to save my work or move to another part of the site. This can feel very frustrating if I have a lot to do and am trying to put my survey together quickly.

We use this tool to register attendees for conferences and other work events. It's much easier to manage than using paper registration forms or fielding hundreds of emails for each event.

Un-attributed

"A must for our small business!"

What do you like best?

A large part of our business includes coordinating events that require advanced registration. The feature that allows registrants to receive an automatic email confirmation resulted in us switching to SurveyGIzmo form another service we were using that we were otherwise satisfied with, but didn't offer this feather.

What do you dislike?

As previously mentioned, we switched to SurveyGizmo from another platform, and although the benefits outweigh the negatives, we were disappointed that some of the features available on the other platform at an affordable cost were not available on SurveyGizmo without upgrading to a cost-prohibitive plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend SurveyGizmo.

We have been able to streamline the registration process for various events that we coordinate. The automatic email confirmation has cut down on the number of people who call our office wondering if they've registered for a particular event.

Jacob H.

"Great Platform, Great Support Staff"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of SurveyGizmo is the ability to customize the users experience. I constantly customize basic surveys to transform into all different types of tools such as, assessments, event feedback, training follow up, and other items such as employee engagement surveys. I enjoy that I can automate quite a bit of features/exports. I work between many different groups and am able to support them all at the same time. Most of the time I have around 30+ active surveys on top of the 500+ feedback surveys that are constantly collecting data.

What do you dislike?

Changes that take place and aren't communicated. This seems nitty-gritty when looking at SurveyGizmo as a whole, but there have been changes that affect my experience when creating surveys that are not communicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great application, they seem to be still building tools around managing the Enterprise Account. They are constantly making upgrades and improvements to improve the application.

Better understanding of training/communications feedback along with our relationship with outside vendors.

Sidney C.

"Survey Gizmo is a top choice platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the user interface and how intuitive it is to use. I've used a lot of different survey platforms and I've settled on this one. I like the crosstabs that you get out on the back end and how you can pull in data you have on your contact list to create logic in the survey.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to group responses on the back end when reporting, for example, if a question is a 1 to 5 rating, having the platform be able to spit out a top 2 box rating. As of now, you need to download the file in order to create top 2 boxes in excel or SPSS.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's a really good platform that is continually trying to improve. I have ideas for improvements but they seem to listen and they have more options for question types available than other platforms. Thumbs up.

We are able to pull the voice of the consumer into our and our clients business decisions.

Adam R.

"Excellent tool. Great customer service."

What do you like best?

The tool is straightforward to use and very efficient. Plus, it has deep capabilities. I've been able to do pretty much anything I've needed to do over three years of enterprise survey building.

We migrated this tool after being frustrated with Vovici/Verint. SG has much improved functionality, better support, and is just gets the job done better.

When I've had problems, SG staff have been very helpful. I've not been able to resolve issues 100% of the time, but that's how it goes for any software. Their staff are knowledgeable and committed... real people who care.

Overall:

-Easy to use

-Rich features

-Good support

Also, I took their training seminar when it came to our area, and it was fantastic. I was able to meet multiple SG staff, work through some obstacles, and now I know people who work there if I need to reach out/follow up.

What do you dislike?

They've gone through some transitions on their approach to customer support, moving away from chat. I like chat the most for my questions. This is not a huge issue for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Conduct a trial. Interact with their staff. If it seems good, it is good... there is not bait and switch here.

Enterprise surveys on customer satisfaction, global salary survey, photo contests, market research, internal, others.

Adi S.

"A great survey software - incredible value for money and significant flexibility"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely flexible and includes a lot of features.

Very reliable (in terms of downtime - don't experience much, and only on back end).

Very friendly to learn and use.

Support is quick usually responds within a day. Also, there is a large community which can also be used to find solutions.

The platform supports custom scripting which makes the surveys really customization to most needs.

The move from previous software was intuitive.

Can be used as completely white-label.

What do you dislike?

Plans and pricing changed in the last year, and now for collaboration you must purchase a team edition which is much more expansive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're not sure you can start with a 7-day trial or one of the simple subscriptions, and grow as you need.

As a market research firm, we use SurveyGizmo all the time, in most of our research projects. In fact, anytime data collection is involved.

Monique A.

"A great tool for all my survey needs"

What do you like best?

It is hard to narrow it down to one thing so here are a few. There is a wide variety of question types, many more than other survey tools I have used. In particular, I like using custom tables to capture information on a variety of topics. I love the auto-responder that can send customized e-mails to me and members of my team giving us just the needed information in any format we choose to have it. The API integration with Salesforce is a powerful tool for us in keeping our content up-to-date without having to manually update records. I like how I can choose which fields to update and which to just gather the data on. Importing a Microsoft Word document to create a survey is a big time saver.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about SurveyGizmo. We sometimes have very long questions and options for answers. I would like to be able to compress the headers in my exports more than I am able to with just question aliases.

SurveyGizmo helps me to be more efficient and to automatically do some of the busy work that used to take time away from more high-priority projects. Maintaining up-to-date information in our database used to be a full-time job. Through the API connections, I am able to manage large quantities of updates without doing manual updates. It saves me a ton of time.

AM

"Market Researcher"

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is perhaps the most affordable surveying software available, which makes it very accessible when resources are tight. Additionally, the platform is easy enough to navigate that non-researchers can field surveys with very little background or experience. This has been beneficial for some of the junior researchers that work on my team because it is not as intimidating as some of the more technical platforms.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with SurveyGizmo is limited functionality for comprehensive market research studies. What is considered standard logic in other platforms, such as Decipher, is considered "advanced" logic in SurveyGizmo. It lacks what should be basic functionality for any survey software--for example, the ability to shuffle answer options in the same order as the random shuffling pattern used in a previous question or randomizing by groups and within groups (without having to manipulate javascript). Additionally, the interface makes survey programming and QA'ing incredibly labor-intensive. Basic commands and preferences are buried within several tabs/clicks away--I very much miss the ease of use from platforms like Decipher where you can simply check a box in the survey building interface without having to click through several tab options to get to a very basic control.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We've sent members of our team to the SurveyGizmo conference every year simply to take advantage of the face-time. It seems to be especially beneficial for members of our team who are new to survey programming--the conference provides a general overview of programming features and how-tos as well as private meeting times to discuss your particular needs/wants in-depth.

Our agency runs approximately 30 or so market research surveys per year. SurveyGizmo is the most cost effective option for our current scale of projects. Despite all of the platforms shortcomings and additional hours that must be dedicated in order to achieve the functionality we need, it is far cheaper than competitors like Qualtrics or Decipher.

Chrissy R.

"Survey Gizmo"

What do you like best?

I like that this is easy for our guests to give us feedback about our service. It is a great way to see how your doing by giving your guests a questionnaire to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. It has helped us a lot to be more efficient and customer friendly

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything I think they do a really good job. It is super easy to use for people and that is important

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a wonderful way to find out from your customers how you are doing. The platform is easy to use and will help you to do your job even better.

We are solving lots of things by learning what we are doing right and wrong. The benefit is to be able to fix the problems before it becomes a bigger issue that would possibly end up with us getting bad reviews online. We certainly want our guests to be happy so we want to do things that they love more and fix what they don't love

Stephanie S.

"User unfriendly "

What do you like best?

I like that you can load a list of names while a pending a list of passwords

What do you dislike?

Various functions are not obvious on how to make changes and things are not labeled very clearly and it takes a lot of time to explore each of the features and try to understand what they do

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use something simpler to manage

The only reason that we use survey gizmo is because we need to be able to marry a list of passwords to user names so that we can add to the list to the survey before we release it so that when people come into the survey they can enter their password and have all the information pre-populated

Allie C.

"Great product, less than ethical company"

What do you like best?

The Salesforce integration is great and the variety of question types is really awesome. The tool is really powerful, and there's a lot you can do with it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the company tried to raise my price by 400%. There are also a lot of limitations around NPS, and quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're a Salesforce user, it may be the best choice. Just beware of the company's history of raising prices like crazy. Once you've got it glued up to Salesforce, switching costs are high, so the company kind of holds you hostage.

The problem that SurveyGizmo solves for us is being able to gather customer feedback and integrate that data with Salesforce CRM

Trish R.

"It's surprisingly simple!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, drop-dead simple. Everything is where you'd expect to find it and it gives you all the control you need to customize the look and feel of the survey.

What do you dislike?

I didn't see a way to review each submission in it's entirety, one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, easy to use. Give it a try, it won't disappoint.

The survey is collecting the data we need to provide input on a training program we're developing.

Grace N.

"Quality surveys and reports."

What do you like best?

The user interface is very simple and easy to use. It is also well organized for users to understand. The wide range of editing options offer very good editing options of a survey.

What do you dislike?

Even-though it has very good features the prices are a bit expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend survey Gizmo as a very useful tool for all survey needs without forgetting quality results.

I have saved time taken to do surveys and it has delivered satisfactory results.

SIMEON N.

"Very Simple to Use Yet Effective "

What do you like best?

SurveyGizmo is easy to use, the UI is great and comes with great features to help collect online data.

What do you dislike?

I have had no issues using SurveyGizmo. It works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a survey tool, then SurveyGizmo is what you need. It is affordable and very effective. It is easy to use as well.

With SurveyGizmo. collecting data online is now easy and this comes in handy when it comes to bettering our services.

Jorge A.

"SurveyGizmo has helped me build a better company"

"Great service"

What do you like best?

Customer service is stellar, online help section is one of the best I have seen. I was able make custom questions and style the survey to match our branding. Having never created a survey prior, this system was very user friendly! I really like the test option so I can see how my reporting is set up before I send to customers.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able top drill down from 3 regions, 10 branches, 10 branch managers, 50 account managers and 82 crews without paying for special programming services.

We launched our customer survey in December and it's been a HUGE success. I love the automatic reminder emails that can be sent, the action item emails that I have sent to my email for surveys that need immediate attention.

Un-attributed

"Does what you need it do!"

What do you like best?

Most features are easy to use and figure out, support is responsive and pretty helpful. It's also easy to see surveys from past years and build on them/customize for your current needs.

What do you dislike?

Some of the extras are hard to figure out, such as reporting options or getting all info to populate into a Google sheet from a longer survey. I've needed to look up a few articles to figure out how to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not think they have a LinkedIn social share feature at this time. Cannot do math calculations in the survey without custom code.

Not only surveys, but also registration for events. We didn't realize this could be a great way to capture lots of detailed information.

UF

"Make surveys easy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can have multiples users using the same account and it is easy to share between multiple users. It also is easy to use analytical features.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that this cost more money than other options such as SurveyMonkey.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this software to anyone looking to build a comprehensive survey. You an also use it to run analytics on the data you receive. We also use the data that is gathered to present to larger groups and it looks very comprehensive and detailed.

We use this software to test potential ideas and to gain feedback on projects and events. I am also not a very analytical person and this allows me to easily run analytics on the results that we receive. Although it does cost more than Survey Monkey, it is better for running heavier analytics.

Nani N.