Bananatag for Sales Reviews & Product Details

Bananatag for Sales Overview

What is Bananatag for Sales?

Find out what happens to your personal emails after you press send. With Bananatag, you can track your daily emails and receive notifications to your inbox when a contact opens your email or clicks a link. Tracked emails look no different to recipients, and arrive from your email address. Email Templates help you save time and get actionable data from the regular emails you send most often. Bananatag works with Gmail and Outlook. Track up to 5 emails/day free.

Bananatag for Sales Details

Track your daily emails so you know what happens after you send them. Email tracking and analytics for individuals, sales teams and Internal Comms.

Bananatag Systems Inc.
Kelowna, Canada
@bananatag

Bananatag for Sales Screenshots

Bananatag for Sales Reviews

Showing 24 Bananatag for Sales reviews
Already have Bananatag for Sales?
What do you like best?

My favorite thing about bananatag is that it sends you notifications for specific actions such as opening an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the notifications on bananatag were more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a seamless process for implementing the software. When I first started out with the product I had issues getting every lined up on my Outlook profile. Maybe a note for the team would be to have better onboarding documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use bananatag for tracking leads and email workflows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Sales
What do you like best?

With direct access to Gmail, Bananatag provided what sounded like the perfect way to track e-mails sent, opened, clicked, etc. Once setup is completed, the app starts tracking. There are also some nice features, i.e. scheduling e-mails to be sent a later time, attaching files that will also be tracked and setting up e-mail templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I send e-mails all day, every day, but Bananatag only seems to track a subset of them. For example, when I look at the # of e-mails I sent today (96), Bananatag only has a record of some of them (82). This is a minor issue, though. My biggest gripe is that the system I used to use (Hubspot) would ping me immediately with a Windows Notification that an e-mail was opened, a link was clicked, etc. Bananatag alerts me of a similar action with an e-mail only. It's very passive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It works, and it's pretty inexpensive... but it does require the user to be active when finding out when an e-mail is read. If you're looking to be notified when an action has happened, this isn't going to suffice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy Gmail integration, super easy to setup and get started. Bananatag lets me know (most of the time) when an e-mail I've sent is opened or when a link inside an e-mail is clicked, etc. by e-mailing me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use is the best thing about the product. The desktop interface is pleasing and easy to organize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The builder has some hiccups that cannot be addressed through customer support. Some builder boxes' format do not align with the email structure and look either too big or too small. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial and try every single builder box. Send as many test emails as possible, utilizing every feature to make sure they are all formatting correctly. The last thing you would want would be to send an email that looks great on BananaTag's desktop app, but terrible in an inbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've been able to see which articles resonate best with our audience of physicians. We've learned which times these physicians check their email and how consistently, which has enabled us to fine tool our message and distribution schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I liked how bananatag had such a great price and how they offered so much value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to have had automated reports. I do a lot of reports and it would have been nice to have set up an automated report where I could have all of my stats for the week or day without having to always go into the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've definitely seen many more pros than I have cons. It's very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

Entrepreneurs are known for working late night and early morning but you don't want the world to expect a response from you outside of your public business hours. That is where Bananatag rises to the occasion with scheduled emails. I can write the email when it is convenient for me and schedule the email to send on a specific date at a specific time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike Bananatag trying to activate on other GMAIL accounts I own. I use it with my primary GMAIL account but when I open other GMAIL accounts, it asks if I want to install Bananatag and I always say no. It can be annoying to have to say no every time and after several no's - it activated on one of my GMAIL accounts anyway. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It really is a great tool. You will not be sorry you tried it.

I do recommend you change the settings to have the tracking box unchecked by default. If you send an email you want to track, check the box before sending. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As much as I love the scheduled send, I also love the ability to see when someone opens my emails. Yes, you can do that with GMAIL but the receiver can choose not to allow the notification. With Bananatag, the receiver never knows the email is being tracked. When I send proposals or sales emails to prospects, knowing if and when they open my email is invaluable. In fact, I send a follow-up email immediately upon receiving an open email notification because I know the receiver is currently in their inbox and more likely to open my email right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Producer
Entertainment
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to choose to track an email for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it didn't automatically choose to track because you only get 5 a day on the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am seeing what emails get opened the most and what links are getting clicked. It has benefited the way I write emails and given me feedback on what needs to be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

bananatag is awesome because it allows me to engage my prospects when they're most likely to respond Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

only works with gmail. would love to see integration with outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need super detailed metrics and analytics, this may not be for you, but as an individual user it's perfect for me. Really consider your requirements. And hey, you can try it for free for as long as you want, you'll just be limited on the number of tags you can use per day/month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

tracking opens and clicks so I can see when prospects are opening emails, whether they're clicking links, and how often they're opening or forwarding messages. This enables me to respond to them within minutes of opening an email, clicking a link or watching a video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule and track emails at the same time, as well as being able to edit them as much as I want since the email remains in my draft folder even after scheduling it to be sent at a later date.

Gives me a peace of mind to know that the recipient of my email already opened it and I don't have to be a handle of nerves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app sends you a notification that your email was opened again even if you're the one that opened it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to schedule emails, keep track of who already saw it and being able to have mental peace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Templates creation feature is very easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Almost the same price with less features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to see if the customer opened your email or not, or interacted with any links in your email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you send to multiple recipients, there is not an intuitive way to track which person opened/interacted with the email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is useful in its core value of tracking emails and seeing which of your customers interacted with the email. It could be better when sending to multiple recipients. Also BCC tracking is not available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing - figuring out who clicks on emails and interacts with them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

It shows opens, clicks, and engagement on emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to set up campaigns and it really only offers data, little functionality or purposeful recommendations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It shows our email open rates, click rates, and engagement metrics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the cadences with Bananatag. We get the ability to make sure that each lead is being contacted through email and phone with certain steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since we have marketing resources for our leads to look at it, on the lead page on Bananatag I do not have the availability to see what the lead did on our site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My primary job is to make sure enough demos are booked. With Bananatag, it is supposed to streamline the process of booking demos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

I love being able to tag only the emails that I want and bing able to send the emails right from my normal interface. Many emails I send, I don't really care about tracking opens, etc. If I'm sending a large distribution email blast, I'm going to sent and track via my email marketing automation platform, so I don't need it for that either. But sometimes I want to send and email and know for sure that someone has read it. This is where Banannatag comes in. Also, I love being able to see when someone opens an email I sent some time ago. Let's me know they're thinking about that topic so I know to "randomly" check in with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hoping that they'l build a version of their plugin for Google Inbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great way to get insights on how your recipients are engaging with your emails without having to use it across all emails you send. It's ad hoc email tracking. Super easy. Especially if you are a gmail user or if your company uses google mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking opens and recipient engagement of individual emails sent via my main mail client rather than through CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Human Resources
What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to install. I really enjoyed using this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It worked as expected, not my favorite solution, but this was a great temporary fix. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of different options for email tracking. Banatag was great for being easy and quick to get setup, not requiring implementation or external resources to get it working smoothly. A great option to compare with would be Streak. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Knowing who opened my emails and when. This type of insight is critical in sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Coaching and Business Development
Sports
What do you like best?

It works very well to track opening, viewing, location, etc. of the emails I am sending out. There have been very few instances in which it hasn't provided me with correct information or false notifications. I think the reporting is more accurate than similar software that I have used. I also like how well it integrates into the email client that we use, and was able to integrate into a new client that we switched over to as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the pricing is a little high for this market. It's definitely higher quality than other email tracking software, but I'm not sure that the difference in price is worth the difference in quality. I don't think it does things THAT different that it is worth that much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us keep track of our prospects and see who is opening / reading the emails we send out. It gives us a more intelligent approach towards reaching out to prospects knowing that they have been reading the emails we send out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
Research
What do you like best?

It provides the user with a bunch of interesting features, and it's quite easy to use.

Email scheduling works perfectly and it's accessible in a snap, while tracking is really a potentially powerful for firms who are concerned with the effectiveness of their messages for campaigning and selling (but it can be an addictive feature for the layman, too).

It supports the main email providers (i.e. Gmail, Outlook) and I can't complain with that, but of course users of other services might do (anyway, setting up the service with any generic provider is a quite accessible experience for the non tech savvy, too). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mobile experience is a bit poor, I would prefer a stand-alone app rather than setting the account to work with Bananatag.

I found the paid plans (almost mandatory, considering the free plan is really just for a quick evaluation, given the limitations to the final experience) a bit expensive, even if the service could be worth it for users/firms that rely heavily on emails for their activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pro plans are a bit on the expensive side and the free one is clearly limited, even for single users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to schedule the sending of emails in a single passage, really easy and effective.

It is surely useful for many other reasons and I can totally see firms using it for tracking their sent emails activity, especially for commercial purposes.

Really time saving and useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

I love that Banantag syncs seamlessly with Gmail. It was difficult trying to find an easy to use software on my budget that offered a simple user interface and generated in depth reporting.

It has provided insights about our internal email network that helps me do my job more efficiently! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was able to provide more detailed analytics. Broken down by users or "groups" so I could start to identify targeted groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best part about Bananatag is the support. I have run into a few issues with my admin side, nothing major, and there has been no delay in the help. I have a personal contact who reaches out every so often and checks in with us, and often times with help me trouble shoot or resolve issues right away.

Working for a customer focused company, it's important to me to see that same level of commitment to their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had zero insights into email analytics, we're folks even reading their emails. What links do they prefer. What are the open rates? Bananatag showed up an incredible amount of insight into our own organization. I've since been able to help direct when messages should be sent, how we structure them, and how often we should send them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GATE 2016
Biotechnology
What do you like best?

i presently use the free 5 emails a day account. Its just very convenient. Knowing that the emails I sent were opened or not lets me access my approach better. I am thinking of switching to the $5 a month subscription which in my opinion is a very reasonable price. The experience has been smooth. Google chrome plugin is an added benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

non availability of mobile app. I think email tracking should be on the go and not having a phone app limits me to set up on my laptop only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use, convenient, rightly priced. Give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

tracking emails, scheduling future mails, saving time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Affordable email tracking for sales professional, recruiters, and other client facing businesses.

Great tools such as tracking, template making, and email scheduling all for a reasonable cost. . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the chrome extension is a little finicky but I think this may be something to do with my computer and not the actual company. I like the product and for the price it's great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cheap and simple to implement, helpful and insightful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great for seeing what email template is being opened- it gives you data on your most successful template. You can also schedule emails to be sent out- this is especially handy over the weekends, on holidays and time away from the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

its just $6 a month and lets me track if people opened my email or clicked on my link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the chrome extension doesnt work at times and customer care are slow to respond . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

email tracking can be very handy at times and this provides a nominal way of doing it. Highly recommend it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

i use it for sales analysis when sending out mails to customers and also used it when i was looking for a job and cold emailing people. Came in handy, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purchasing Assistant
Wholesale
What do you like best?

It makes it simple to organize meetings, emails and other business things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult for me to understand how to use the features when I first joined Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Full Stack Web Developer/Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Being able to check if the receiver saw the email is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Every time the gmail page is reloaded, it's needed to re authenticate my account, it's really annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At least try it, You won't regret. The need to authenticate each time you refresh gmail is annoying but has the advantage of more security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the need to know if my clients saw my emails. It's great to know this information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that Bananatag is right in my gmail inbox. This gives me a complete record of what I have sent to each contact. And it also syncs with my CRM with is wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to use more tags with the intro account. I also wish it had auto responders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will love how this software integrates with your email and CRM in Gmail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am really glad to be able to track emails and set up email templates that will show the sent history in my email history and also in my crm. I am really looking forward to using this on a daily basis. It's going to save me a lot of time and give me so much up to the minute accurate information about the effectiveness of my email communication with prospects and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Banantag is such a great resource for my position at work. I am reaching out to clients and potential clients on a daily basis, and by seeing who is "viewing" or "clicking" on my links helps me better track 1) success rate of text in my email 2) who I should(n't) follow up with whether they did or didn't open up my email. 3) my click and open rates

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's tracking on my phone, but it's not tracking on some of our colleagues iPhones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For multiple users, sign up for a team subscription rather than individually. It helps our boss see the stats of all my colleagues and I (i.e. how many emails are being sent out, etc.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love the fact that I can see who is opening up my emails, because when I am following up with them it gives me the chance to figure out the context of my email to them based off of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Bananatag for Sales?