Accounting Seed

Accounting Seed

Accounting Seed Financial Suite is a comprehensive accounting and ERP application that is both 100% native to the force.com platform and fully integrated into Salesforce CRM.

Work for Accounting Seed?

Learning about Accounting Seed?

Accounting Seed Reviews

Ask Accounting Seed a Question
Showing 42 Accounting Seed reviews
Accounting Seed review by Aaron H.
Aaron H.

"A step in the right direction"

What do you like best?

We transitioned to Accounting Seed because we were looking for an accounting solution that was cloud-based and compatible with Salesforce. This was our 3rd software transition in 12 years and by the far the quickest and easiest. Support was wonderful and ample training was provided. The knowledge base is there if you have more questions. We are pleased with the responsiveness and level of support provided by Accounting Seed. It far exceeds our expectations. The continual development of the software is also a plus. The product continues to evolve and we are grateful for that too.

What do you dislike?

Budget entry is a little clunky as well as updating them. Aside from that, I have no other dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore Accounting Seed because it will probably work for you.

Efficiency. As a non-profit, we were entering donations in accounting software and donor management software. After the transition, we only have to enter donations once and they are recorded on both sides. Additionally, the data entry is more efficient and my bookkeeper is able to finish her entries more quickly.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Accounting Seed
Accounting Seed review by David P.
David P.

"Easy to set up for an Admin with great support and resources"

What do you like best?

I was able to have a working demo of the software that allowed me to figure out whether this tool was worth the cost, as opposed to competing packages.

The training resources (knowledge-base, their university and direct support) are superb and easy to grasp from an admin point of view, and as a user point of view. For example, I asked for assistance with some asset and ledger and the support agent recorded two videos for me to give a visual aid and step by step programs. Really appreciated the support.

What do you dislike?

The only issues are that some features may be pushed out on a monthly basis.

Also that some of their visual force pages (such as PDF creation) are based in a Salesforce Classic format which can be very uneasy on the eye for the end user.

We are able to finally keep track and automate reporting for our accounts team saving them countless hours of manual data entry or even corrupt data.

What Accounting solution do you use?

Accounting Seed review by David J.
David J.

"Just What I Need - Accounting that is Native to Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I am a "power" Salesforce user and have always wished accounting could be managed in Salesforce, and now it finally can. I love not having to have a separate software to list accounts, contact, etc. I've already entered it in Salesforce once. Why have to enter it again somewhere else? I also like being able to slice and dice data based on custom fields and objects, combined with revenue. So now I can make reports that show revenue info, for example, and zooms in on specific categories / client types that I already created in Salesforce

What do you dislike?

Take a little bit of getting used to compared to Quickbooks and other accounting systems, but if you like Salesforce, you'll pick it up pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and great support, too.

Accounting and CRM all in on place. It's wonderful.

Accounting Seed review by David G.
David G.

"Accounting Seed Review"

What do you like best?

That the product allows us to adjustment almost anything. We love that it is built off force.com and allows me to perform many actions.

What do you dislike?

We would like a little better control over the buttons within the managed packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue with the great support team that you have the support team is fantastic. Continue with the same on boarding process, we do recommend that you allow security permissions to limit access to certain buttons within a managed packaged, not all of our users should be allowed to post/unpost anything. We are very happy with the current product and feel that it was a great match for our company.

We have always had a separate CRM system that wasn't connected to our accounting system. Now we have a 100% seamless integration. The benefits of the product are that with a basic understanding of Salesforce we can make a lot of adjustments.

Accounting Seed review by Nick N.
Nick N.

"My great adventure with accounting seed."

What do you like best?

I like this software because it has a clean,eyes appealing and very intuitive UI making its easy to use and configure.I like the way its easy to request free demos.The customers support offered is of top notch because they are very responsive and helpful.Again,I like the way this software integrates seamlessly with Salesforce CRM thus enabling us to perform a number of tasks and utilize multiple systems.Finally,I like Accounting seed because it has a powerful automation feature thus eliminating manual data entry and human errors by automating any process fast.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this software is that it has more robustic features that requires good internet connection so as to run well and fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software because it fits the accounting needs of even small business enterprises.Again its easy to use and very user-friendly hence its worth giving a trial.

Eliminates manual work and human errors within our Organization by automating any accounting fast thus giving real time results that are very efficient and productive.Again this software keeps getting updated regularly without any additional cost.

Accounting Seed review by Terry H.
Terry H.

"Ease of Project Tracking"

What do you like best?

We have 100's of projects going at any one time and we are easily able to track all the projects individually as well as accumulate that data into a total when necessary.

What do you dislike?

Accounting Seed is made to function within Salesforce, a CRM package. Due to that, I think it is as intuitive from an accounting standpoint as a stand-alone accounting package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn all the functionality of Accounting Seed that you can. There are probably things I would like AS to do, that it actually does, but for which I haven't learned how to do yet.

As I said, set up and tracking of individual projects is quite simple with Accounting Seed. We are a non-profit and these projects are the bulk of what we do (our program expenses). The projects are tied to SalesForce campaigns, so when a campaign is completed and a final evaluation is received, we know we can mark the Accounting Seed project as complete too (as long as there is a zero balance). It all works together quite well for us.

Accounting Seed review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"One of the best accounting software that any organization needs to have."

What do you like best?

I like how its easy to customize this software to meet all our accounting needs.I also like the way its user friendly thus offering solutions for accounting, bank reconciliation, inventory management.Additionally,I like the way its cost effective compared to other accounting softwares.Likewise,its easy to use and has intuitive features that are easy to navigate and configure.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely have nothing to dislike about this awesome accounting software because it works the way its designed to do thus meeting alll our accounting needs.Its a software that is very reliable and helpful when carrying any accounting process hence I find its worthy having.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a must to have accounting software to any size of business organization that want to meet their accounting and bookkeeping needs hence I recommend it use without hesitation.

Its possible to generate reports for financial statement reporting for our clients.

Accounting Seed review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"The biggest joke in accounting I've ever used"

What do you like best?

To be honest, Accounting Seed, it's support team, and the overall experience has been a nightmare for our company.

What do you dislike?

This box won't contain the numerous things I dislike about this product. For industries that utilize data in real-time and don't have the advantage of being able to download data weekly to another accounting system, good luck being happy. We use this in conjunction with Salesforce and have been extremely displeased with the overall lack in multiple accounting areas. When we've tried to get any help via support the response is always that things are customized and therefore they can't help us in any way. Support people are nice, but the overall experience is bad because it seems like they will call everything customized, and also not take responsibility when they have a patch or release that causes your business to be at a standstill over changes. As an accountant with a long professional history with numerous accounting systems, this one is everything I wouldn't want in an accounting product. The audit trails offered are pathetic, and unless you'll have an in-house 24/7 admin with coding abilities, don't bother. Trust me, if we had ANY other option at this point we'd take it, but we don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RUN AWAY as fast as you can!

It seems like we've created more than solved any.

"Too good to be true"

What do you like best?

I like that Accounting Seed is within SalesForce so there's no going back and forth between SalesForce and our previous accounting system. The Bank Reconciliation was a breeze in Accounting Seed.

What do you dislike?

So much! We were told there was a lot of customization available. They failed to mention the customization could involve a 3rd party for thousands more, on top of what we've already paid Accounting Seed upfront. Accounting Seed created PDF forms for us; Purchase Order, Packing List, Invoice and Statement. However, they failed to complete a Sales Order form (order confirmation). In the beginning we had to send screen prints to our customers. At this point, we thought about canceling the service, however, even if you decide after the fact, Accounting Seed will not work for you, it's non-refundable. We had to go to Conga (another app within SalesForce) and pay additional money for them to help us create a Sales Order that we can send to our customers. In our previous accounting system, when we received checks from customers, we were able to print a report for that day's deposits. In Accounting Seed, we can receive in money from the Billing. I was trying to find a report for the days' deposits. In talking with our Accounting Seed contact, he informed me that for "Check" deposits, we would need to create a Bank Deposit Report. This was the first we heard of this. Apparently, this must be done so when reconciling the following month, the deposit shows up. If I hadn't asked about a report, I wouldn't have known about this. We were also informed, after the fact, that Sales Orders and Purchase Order need to be closed once invoiced. It seems like there is a lot of duplication and manual entries; we were hoping for more automation. It's very frustrating because if you don't know enough about a new system, you really don't know what questions to ask. We figured we'd have a lot more training before going live. Their Knowledge Base isn't that helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask to try it on a trial basis in Sandbox (if possible). Run the two accounting systems side-by-side for 2-3 months, doing duplicate entries. If any questions come up, you'll have time to address them prior to signing a contract.

Right now since Accounting Seed is still new for us (started using on 1/1/19), it seems we're encountering more problems than solutions. We're certainly hoping down the road, everything works well together. The more we use it, hopefully the more we'll understand how things work.

Accounting Seed review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"accounting seed software as excellent and efficient way of carrying out accounting programs"

What do you like best?

it is used to track and report on expenses so as to put inventory at order entry and carry out multiple warehousing projects.also converts opportunities into sales orders and create construction and manufacturing orders.produces all financial statements like cash flow.

What do you dislike?

the application is restrictive of which it requires a company name and logo included on the financial statement.this means that it limits the number of people who are to participate .its functionality also seems to be poor and it does not posses enough feautures

Recommendations to others considering the product

accounting seed is real and it has no intention of messing someone

fighting for those who have challenges in getting all the requirement so that the upload all their documents to join.accounting seed is beneficial such that it gives morale and pays alot in terms of outputs

Accounting Seed review by ALLAN J.
ALLAN J.

"Wide coverage and ease of use."

What do you like best?

Has a free trial that allows new user to learn and integrate the software, user friendly as it allows bank reconciliation and inventory record tracking. Has a low price that allow purchase affordable by small scale business enterprises, cloud based hence more secure in term of data storage.

What do you dislike?

Customer support is only offered during working hours hence very unreliable as it is not 24 hours service, also in some occasions their reply is to slow to solve urgent problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For new user try this one quite helpful .

It allows small scale business to keep track on record and expenses hence preventing loss in business.

Accounting Seed review by User

"Accounting Seed,Good,Clean,Beautiful and Useful."

What do you like best?

The customer support is one of the best.

The software has a very intuitive UI that makes it easy to use and configure.

I like it most because its clean, beautiful and powerful automation features which automates every process easily hence helping avoid human error.

It's is the best accounting software in the market that will meet all your accounting needs.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other accounting softwares,accounting Seed is cost friendly and has an intuitive features that are easy to navigate and configure.

So I don't have anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice to prospective customers is to do much research before implementing the software.

Everything works well together.

Allows us to keep track on records and expenses hence avoiding loss.

Accounting Seed review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"A flexible and extensible solution for running accounting in Salesforce"

What do you like best?

- The data model is relatively simple and easy to work with

- Platform features are used thoughtfully and it is not over-developed/coded.

What do you dislike?

Previously I would have said a simpler financial report writer, but that's been delivered, and then I would have cited the ability to download transactions from banks, and that's coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do trial or PoC to evaluate what if any customization is required on day 1 to make AS optimal for your unique requirements.

Accounts receivable activities were becoming increasingly labor intensive as we grew, and AS on Salesforce allowed us to automate many tedious activities. It also boosted cross-departmental alignment. An account executive can pull up an account and spot an overdue invoice and give their contact a gentle nudge to assist accounting.

Accounting Seed review by Moses R.
Moses R.

"Accounting Seed makes accounting easy."

What do you like best?

Accounting Seed has the best customer support.It is intuitive, has internal controls, an audit trail and produces all the financial statements including statement cash flows.

What do you dislike?

Even though there are some few issues with the application, they can't prevent me from using it.I wish it could be possible to see company name and logo on the financial statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There before It was Very difficult to for us to adopt to use through SalesForce but currently works amazingly.

Accounting Seed review by Felix O.
Felix O.

"I like using AccountingSeed "

What do you like best?

It is very effective at tracking financial data in all sectors. Its good for project accounting. I also enjoyed using its features like account receivables and payable. Managing purchase orders is very easy.

What do you dislike?

It is somehow difficult to customize financial reports although it produces good reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good for managing accounts.

It helped me to make good and accurate accounting procedures and produce good financial reports.

Accounting Seed review by Administrator

"Great for small size to mid size business. "

What do you like best?

Ability to support both paper or electronic disbursements. Easily allows for banking reconciliation as well. Very easy for a first time user to become acclimated to the software.

What do you dislike?

Limited advance features, however our organization does not have a need for any out of the box features. Other than that, this product is very user friendly and I honestly can’t think of any cons to this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for a small to mid size company. Easy to use and long term budget impact is huge as it cuts excessive time from our accounting tasks that were previously extremely labor intensive.

The ability to automate accounts receivable tasks made for a much less labor intensive process.

Issuing of payments became a much more seamless and effective process.

Accounting Seed review by John N.
John N.

"Great product to explore."

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and explore the product, user friendly software due to less tiresome customization process. Easy integration with available devices. Fast data importation and exportation.

What do you dislike?

Customer support response is generally a nightmare, too slow to respond to questioned issues. Other features are working great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it much helpful to have.

Has made accounting work easy and more fun to practice.

Accounting Seed review by Wendy Esmeralda C.
Wendy Esmeralda C.

"Automated accounting project"

What do you like best?

I like that within the platform you can operate several companies at once.

What do you dislike?

I do not like it very much, that the query screen for data recording should be a bit more friendly, so that someone with little experience can handle it

Recommendations to others considering the product

the platform can have a high use, it is adaptable

The benefits with obtaining reports in real time

Accounting Seed review by Frederick K.
Frederick K.

"Decent accounting software for basic company needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to do simple accounting with the option to customize to our needs. We slimmed down to just the basics needs of our company and were more efficient because of it.

What do you dislike?

It was a jump in cost because of the pricing difference, but we adjusted.

It was a nice alternative to Quick Books, which was more than what we needed, really. We needed a better solution for billing and Seed was that solution for our needs.

Accounting Seed review by User

"Cloud Based Accounting Software."

What do you like best?

After many trials we ended up choosing Accounting Seed because it had all we needed. It is a great accounting software and more much powerful than QBO.It is simple to close an opportunity and create a purchase order whereby everything works easily and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

To have a knowledge about how to use Accounting Seed is very important. Infact,it's very tiresome and complicated to set up and implement as well as the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only Accounting Software you can rely on.Accounting Seed.

Accounting Seed makes everything easy especially generating reports for financial statements reporting for clients.

Accounting Seed review by User in Information Technology and Services

"No headech of maintaining my multiple business accounting"

What do you like best?

I love this software named Accounting Seed and I believe that most of the user love this software. Now I have no tension for my accounting, order management, and CRM systems. Everything is in a place. So, tracking is easy now

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of accoun management software but any of them is not like Accounting Seed.

Love to use this software.

I manage my accounting, order management, and CRM systems. Everything is in a place.

Accounting Seed review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Useful programme - A must for all salesforce users"

What do you like best?

Good recurring payments interface. It makes it very easy to set up recurring billing.

Excellent time tracking tools: Makes it very easy to keep track of time on projects.

Wonderful payment tools: You can issue payments including cheques(!) directly from the system. And as it's cloud based you can do it from any computer in the world!

What do you dislike?

Customization is lacking. You have to do things the way the program demands it which can be a little bit disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No brainer if you use sales force. There's also a free demo so at the very least, check that out.

Issuing payments

Tracking time and expenses

Accounting Seed review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Excellent Team"

What do you like best?

Helpful and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with when implementing the solution

What do you dislike?

Lack of ACH functionality is a bit of a challenge for us.

Replacing current accounting program, we have an integrated platform now and much more data at our finger tips.

"E-accouting "

What do you like best?

The fact that all your accounts can now be digitalized

What do you dislike?

We have only used this for trial purposes for the time being and are planning to start using it completely once we are well familiar with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The base price for the software is expensive for a new startup. We are in the initial stages of the start up and should have some custom made software which is slightly cheaper.

Helps in the sales, because both the sales and accounting team dont need coordination anymore. All of the sales are provided at a live.

Accounting Seed review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Why pay someone all the money when I can do it myself

What do you dislike?

Getting used to it was a bit difficult but after few weeks good to go

I have no need to have a cpa and pay that big bill

Accounting Seed review by User

"Accounting Seed is a must have for all serious business"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Accounting Seed has all the features for small business accounting.

Ease of use since it has organized design ans great UI/UX.

It is affordable to obtain Accounting Seed

What do you dislike?

I do not have even a single thing that I dislike about Accounting Seed..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the use of Accounting Seed.

Small business accounting.

AP and AR Automation.

Accounting Seed review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Best overall operation software"

What do you like best?

Most if not all features I've seen are available from sole proprietor to big fortune 500 companies. Integrates well with different accounting systems

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the program except that maybe we dont use it as much as we should.

One of the best Salesforce accounting applications on the market. Useful for general ledger reporting and order mgmt. Mostly used for our 'project accounting.'

Accounting Seed review by User

"What I have experienced with Accounting Seed"

What do you like best?

I like that Accounting Seed is highly customized to meet varying desires.

Accounting Seed is relatively cheap compared with other accounting systems like AccountingSuit.

I also like how we have integrated Accounting Seed with wide range of apps and APIs.

What do you dislike?

Only the complexity of customizing Accounting Seed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To give Accounting Seed a try.

AP & AR Automation.

Small business accounting.

Accounting Seed review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Easy to use and modern"

What do you like best?

A user friendly platform that is easy to use and train from. Overall a pleasant experience and the pricing is fair.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have the full acces of more expensive products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully Execute.

Tracking and Recording expenses.

Accounting Seed review by Tanvi P.
Tanvi P.

"It has been great! "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to work with. Accounting has never been this easy.

What do you dislike?

It has less programs to work with. Very limited resources

Bank reconciliation report

Accounting Seed review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great accounting software "

What do you like best?

Why pay an accountant when I can do it in house

What do you dislike?

Was hard to learn and had problems setting up

Handles all my finances and accounting work

Accounting Seed review by Administrator

"Strong Financial Suite running fully parallel to Salesforce"

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration with Salesforce, really helps to reduce redundancy and enhance data flow between sales staff and accounting.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects can be tedious, wish it was a little simpler to add fields to billings, JE's, etc.

Automate billings, automate cash collections, improve customer data flow, reduce redundancy.

"Great Visual"

What do you like best?

System is great visually, you can easily see everything on the home page.

What do you dislike?

I use TechCanary with multiple numbers that need to be billed, and there isn't any bridge for that yet.

Accounting seed has made the accounting fairly easy, and the reporting is great

"Quick"

What do you like best?

It’s quick easy and accesible I’ve never used a program that has ever been this easy before in my whole life

What do you dislike?

Nothing there was nothing I didn’t like about this software I give it 95% the best

Payroll time tracking and scheduling hours

Accounting Seed review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The system is extremely easy to maneuver once you are familiar with the screens.

What do you dislike?

It’s limited capabilities. We were unable to reconcile depreciation in this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is very easy to use

We use it for all of our consumer and vendor transactions.

Accounting Seed review by Agency
Agency

"Easy to use for an amateur"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand feature with simplified process and cleary defined steps. Little training required

What do you dislike?

Advance features need to be incorporated eventually

Experienced significant change in your ability to analyze sales data, in effect allowing us to focus on doing the more value added things

Accounting Seed review by Consultant

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Customize solutions for specific reporting requirements

What do you dislike?

Not the easiest to transition over to and it lacks good quality consulting partners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Software with report customization option

Daycare accounting has various subsidy & grants reconciliation reporting.

Accounting Seed review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Good Architecture, Brittle Functionality"

What do you like best?

Very strong architecture allows for a majority of business accounting functions.

What do you dislike?

Deviation from the architecture eliminates many if not most of the great automation features that the tool provides. If Accounting Seed doesn't work for you out of the box (which it probably does), a custom approach would be advisable.

Accounting in the same system as CRM/SFA system is a powerful combination.

Accounting Seed review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Life made easy"

What do you like best?

It’s an awesome software for accounting it made my account so easy and very manageable

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such which I don’t like and I just love this app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software

Great software

Accounting Seed review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Has used this and only have positive things to say. User friendly, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The software is pretty much user-friendly and easy to use.

Accounting Seed review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Sorting balance sheet"

What do you like best?

Environmentally friendly software for accountant to prepare balance sheet.

What do you dislike?

Error not detected and need to double check all the figures included,

SMEs businesss.

Accounting Seed review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Accounting Seed "

What do you like best?

Native to Salesforce, easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

so far didn't eincounter any limitations

all financial information is going to AS

Learn more about Accounting Seed

Accounting Seed Videos

Accounting Seed Downloads

Learning about Accounting Seed?

* We monitor all Accounting Seed reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.