Accounting Seed Reviews & Product Details

Accounting Seed Overview

What is Accounting Seed?

Accounting Seed is a robust accounting platform that transforms the way you do business. Our product is a comprehensive accounting application that is both 100% native to the force.com platform and fully integrated into Salesforce CRM. Our accounting solution tracks data through the entire business lifecycle; from marketing, project implementation, product sales, back office accounting, to producing financial statements designed by you. It is the complete finance solution for small to enterprise-level companies all over the world.

Accounting Seed Details

Accounting Seed Financial Suite is a comprehensive accounting and ERP application that is both 100% native to the force.com platform and fully integrated into Salesforce CRM.

We are the #1 accounting platform that solves your accounting needs on and off Salesforce.

Our accounting solution is powered by Salesforce, allowing for a seamless and holistic view of your customers. This eliminates sync or integration issues given we are built on the platform. As a cloud-based application, we upgrade our software regularly, at no additional cost, to ensure we provide our customers the best in technology in the business and accounting sector.

Users can completely customize our flexible solution to fit there needs. At Accounting Seed, we believe you know the best way to run your business and we provide the tools for you to do so, in any and all industries.

Experience Accounting Seed for yourself - click the "Request a Demo" link today!

Accounting Seed

Accounting Seed Videos

Accounting Seed Screenshots

Accounting Seed Reviews

Showing 103 Accounting Seed reviews
Already have Accounting Seed?
CFO & EVP
What do you like best?

Salesforce integration is seamless- you can type things in once which saves time and decreases errors. One less logon, built in Salesforce. You can automate almost anything. Things that I thought would be hard, were not (e.g. payroll upload). Team there is available for training- our Accounting Seed partners Chris Johannes and Elle Carter continue to be incredibly helpful, friendly, and experts in the system. We did a comprehensive integration with a propriety app to decrease inventory levels as assets were produced- and ambitious goal and it worked! Our CEO presented some of our manufacturing technology, including our integration with Accounting Seed, at Dreamforce last year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system has the ability to do a high amount of customization- that is a huge plus, but can also be daunting when you start. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unfortunately, due to COVID, the Accounting Seed conference got canceled this year. Still, I think the conference showed that they are building something big and investing in the clients to make this a community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Less double-entry (write in Salesforce and in accounting system), real time access to information, more transparency of information, and automation. We have more accurate financial data, faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that because it lives entirely contained within Salesforce, I (as a SF admin) can extend its ability with typical Salesforce methodology. It's a great fit for companies who do B2B sales and handle all of their data through Salesforce. This also allows me to add my own fields to their objects, relate them to my custom objects, and automate as much of the process as possible.

The potential for doing complex accounting and tying it directly to our Sales, Contracting Invoicing and Billing processes is extremely high - it just requires your admin to be able to do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of their custom pages and lightning just don't show all the information my users want to see - and I can't just add fields to display on these interfaces. The user has to click through to the record to see more info, which can make reconciliation a chore.

AccountingSeed's object hierarchy is also extremely complex and took a lot of getting used to - and I'm not even utilizing everything we have available.

I came in to the project for implementing AccountingSeed about 6 months in - and at least 4 months after it was expected to be delivered. A lot of the shortcomings were due to the previous admins not having any real experience, too large of a reliance on consultants that don't really care, and attempting to tie the system in to homegrown purchase systems that really need to be replaced. That said, it seems like the AS team hasn't been too concerned with customer success or utilization here - I expect more out of an enterprise software company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you're following standardized Accounting Practices before attempting to implement this tool.

Get a very competent Salesforce administrator or two - not a sales person who has been promoted internally to admin, or a consulting firm. You will get burned - AccountingSeed requires some pretty advanced knowledge and experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We moved to Accounting Seed so that we can tie our Accounting data directly to our Sales data - giving us better insights, and the ability to automate repetitive tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Halsey Sawyer of Accounting Seed

Hi Alex, We very much appreciate your feedback around our custom pages and are always looking to create a flexible and user-friendly experience. I have passed on your comments to the team.

In order to enhance your experience with Accounting Seed’s platform please contact me at hsawyer@accountingseed.com to set up a call with our CS team.

What do you like best?

The ability to connect with the online knowledge base and/or talk to a product specialist to help us ensure we're getting the most out of the product. It easily connects with the key object we work within Salesforce and has a pretty seamless flow to process invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was challenging to move to a new system at first, but we're grateful we put the investment in to ensure we could use the product as intended. We had to reconfigure our GL code structure, slightly, to fit in with the GL structure of Accounting Seed. Overall, it was well-worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're doing all of our sales invoicing through Accounting Seed and are able to easily unapply/apply payments during a time when many clients are switching products due to COVID-19 changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Halsey Sawyer of Accounting Seed

Thank you for your review Honna! We appreciate your honest feedback. We are glad to hear that you are fully utilizing our online support options!

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool to solve problems of sales control and administrative processes, mainly I have been using it to control the administrative processes of the company and it has been great for me, its ease of use is something that I applaud, you can That at first it took me a bit to adapt, but after I got hold of the thread I realized that everything is really quite simple to do, and the support team is quite efficient when it comes to solving any doubts or concerns that arise. In my case, I created a ticket in the morning for a problem I had and by noon I had the solution to my problem in my email, another thing that I also like a lot is the fact that it is customizable, which allows you to configure the functions that I use most and leave them at hand and even leave them programmed to run themselves Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The creation of billing reports can be somewhat cumbersome since it requires many previous processes to be able to properly issue the report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been very useful for me to improve the administrative-accounting part of my company, thanks to this I already have everything that refers to inventory control, expenses, income and costs in a fairly orderly way, according to me They have said it is also useful for sales processes, however, we have not yet decided to test it in that regard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like its ability to connect with Salesforce and that is can eliminate double data entry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's pricing structure can be difficult for some companies depending on how they are structured. Can be expensive because of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you understand what you are looking to accomplish prior to starting the AccountingSeed implementation. This is important as you will be able to understand what users will need what level of access to data within the system. This will help in decreasing license costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

So far the problems that I have solved are data entry and being able to integrate with CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The option to customize an accounting software like Accounting Seed is very appealing for our law firm. The ability to set up and use reporting features is unlimited. Integration with our case management software ties our company together in a way that wasn't possible before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Accounting Seed is an Accrual Based accounting system. It would be really helpful to also have the ability to view a Cash Basis accounting financial statement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have an in-house IT Manager that works with Accounting Seed as problems arise. We also have an outside development person that specializes in Accounting Seed programming. We benefit by having these resources to customize the software so that we get the most out of this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Operating Officer
What do you like best?

Data is housed on the Salesforce platform. But that’s it. No other benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nearly everything about Accounting Seed is a manual process that is locked down by Accounting Seed. Even though the data is on the Salesforce Platform, Accounting Seed has gone to great lengths to prevent customization of workflow & processes with their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perform an in-depth review of Accounting Seed before proceeding. Make sure that Accounting Seed’s manual processes will not cause undue additional work for your employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We converted from Quickbooks Enterprise and had the worst implementation possible. We haven’t solved any problems with Accounting Seed at all. Nearly every “problem” that we have had prior to Accounting Seed still exists and has been amplified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Shannon Cochran of Accounting Seed

Hi, Brandon.

Thank you for your review of Accounting Seed. We truly appreciate feedback from our customers. I'm happy to see you enjoy the fact that Accounting Seed is native to Salesforce!

Regarding your comments about customization, Accounting Seed is a highly configurable and customizable platform. Was there a specific area you ran into difficulty with? As a solution built on Salesforce, we encourage our customers to customize workflows and processes, allowing you to run your business, your way. If the customization requires more than a few clicks, we help match our customers with a certified Accounting Seed and Salesforce implementation partner who will either help customers in the customization process or do it all for them. Our goal is to help ensure your success with our accounting solution.

All to say, we want to help you utilize the full functionality of Accounting Seed and the flexibility we offer. Please feel free to contact me directly at scochran@accountingseed.com and I will ensure we connect you with the right team to address your concerns. I look forward to connecting with you soon!

Business & Accounting Analyst
What do you like best?

The Accounting Seed UI is a perfect extension of the Salesforce related list UI, both in Classic and Lighting mode! It is easy to find your way around the application and all the supporting information for a transaction is right there! It makes a one time auditor like me very comfortable about providing the proper documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing detrimental to the Accounting Seed platform. It easily beats out NetSuite for ease of use. It is true double entry accounting! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In addition to Professional Services Accounting I own several business's and using multi-ledger with the Accounting Variables reporting features allow me to report on all 5 of them on a single platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great customer service and user-friendly interface, provides flexibility and customization, great functionality and it also works well with SalesForce and allows the transfer of data easily and hassle-free to create your accounting reports in one place! Great communication when contacting customer support they will listen and help in any way they can! Also when we decided to try Accounting Seed and transfer over the change was easy and smooth there was no loss of data and we were able to continue our task quickly after! Makes our AP and AR team job easy, printing financial reports it's just a click away! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The bank reconciliation module reconciles to the bank statement and should reconcile to the GL account maybe it's a setting that needs to be changed or some training that I‏‏‎ ‎ might've missed. It ‏‏‎ ‎would be nice to have a Non-profit pricing package available, for the services that we‏‏‎ ‎ provide ‎at no cost to our clients sometimes we found ourselves trying to save money everywhere we can!‎ The only feedback I have is the one stated before other than that I have no complaints or dislikes that I can think ‏‏‎ ‎of.‎ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Change over to Accounting seed will be a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bank reconciliation and daily accounting, ‏‏‎ ‎general ledgers,‏‏‎ ‎ budget projecting and‏‏‎ ‎ management,‏‏‎ ‎ grant management,‏‏‎ ‎ check recording, and‏‏‎ ‎ all other accounting needs. Accounting Seed provides a platform to unify your invoices, payments, bank statements,‏‏‎ ‎ reconciliation all in one place instead of having different software for each need. Customer service is very responsive they have‏‏‎ ‎ different methods of contact however email is our preferred one, they put their customer needs first and ensure you are satisfied with the product and the help you are receiving.‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Shannon Cochran of Accounting Seed

Hi, Keilla. Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear Accounting Seed is making your business processes a breeze. Regarding your note about the bank rec module...I'm happy to connect you with our support team to assist you! Contact me at scochran@accountingseed.com and I'll set you up with the right person. Thank you!

What do you like best?

Accounting Seed (AS) on the Salesforce Platform is the perfect set-up for both management and financial Reporting. AS is easy to use while unique company needs can be easily addressed with added Apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I work with AS for small business and so licensing can become costly although There are varying licensing levels which can help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hire a consultant who handles Implementations. The platform is powerful and takes time to figure out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy Project and Variable Functions to pull data on multiple ways. Colorful and easily created DashboardS with Reports pulling from Transactions for daily management of company financials including budget to actual comparison in real-time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Mary, without her help we would have never be successful! Second best is having all account info in one place! Not having to switch between programs for information.

Able to send invoice and receipt direct from SF. Make processing orders faster and have fewer mistakes. Helps us track order process much better than before, we would have to switch back and forth from programs and some time s it became so much trouble we would get off track. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some very basic functions are not standard, I get it that the system is custom so that's why they are not there.

Had to upgrade Salesforce to get a features. Training videos are old and out of of date. goes from video to power point like display. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problem solved is duplication of data entry and benefit is speed in which we can process orders.

speed we convert lead to opportunities, data entry cut by half. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Accounting Seed is super intuitive and very easy to use and learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating reports can be frustrating and difficult, and support can only occur via email, unless you upgrade to phone support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great program, easy to learn and use, and integrates perfectly with Salesforce. You won't regret changing over to AS, especially if you're switching from Quickbooks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We mostly use AS right now for Accounts Payable. It's a great system, and has prevented more than once the entering of repeat invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Halsey Sawyer of Accounting Seed

Hi Amy! Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement around reports. We are happy to hear that AS has been a great solution for you.

In order to make sure you get the most out of Accounting Seed’s platform please contact me at hsawyer@accountingseed.com and I will be happy to set up a call.

What do you like best?

It works for the firm as expected working with Seyit from their support team has been productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is an overall good product and works well for us and meets the needs for the firm. Overall the product has worked great for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great product and will not let you down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit primary is that it is native to the Salesforce Platform and makes it easier for data generation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Shannon Cochran of Accounting Seed

Thank you for your review, Manish! I'm happy to hear working with our support team, and Seyit in specific, has proved useful for you.

Senior Manager, Business Operations
What do you like best?

The ability to use salesforce automation features to streamline the traditionally manually intensive parts of invoicing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to customize invoice document names without a 3rd party tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you upload all historical financials to Salesforce prior to going live with Accounting Seed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted all of our data in one place -- Salesforce -- and to be able to automate the process of sending 500+ invoices on a monthly basis. Both have been accomplished with Accounting Seed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like the integration of AS to SF. It's traightforward from a technical perspective. End Users also find it the interface simple to use. Their Support staff is very knowledgable and I like their newest offering, their LMS platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am a hands on kind of person and I like when someone actually shows me how to do something versus reading documentation. Many times I am in a rush to solve an issue and I search the documentation and the LMS and still can't find the answer. I then submit a Case and wait for an agent to respond. Agents are great thoughQ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clearly define your goals and objectie when considering an accounting tool. Be sure you've consulted with all departments that may be impacted by an implementation like AS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Today we only track Revenue in AS. IN 2021 we want to track expenses so we can see a true ROI on our business lines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The ability to integrate with Salesforce makes it for a better experience for people in our accounting department as well as employees outside of the department. It makes the lives of our Dev team a lot easier when building integrations.

Accounting Seed also has a great knowledge that answers the vast majority of your questions. If you can't find an answer, opening a case and getting a reply usually gets the job done within a day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The design could be updated a little bit as sometimes it feels like those early 2000s accounting software.

It can take some time to get comfortable with it specially if you had no previous knowledge of Salesforce, which was the case with our team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrating our online system data and CRM with our accounting software was something that we have struggled with in the past and is now possible as we moved everything to the same database and environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. Ability to create truly custom processes and automation

2. Customizing invoices and communication with co workers.

3. Adding in third-party applications like Stripe

4. All information is in real time and stored in the cloud so everyone on the team is in the loop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can not change some of the reports for Financial Statements. This should be easy out the box to do.

Need a developer to customize everything and the Dashboard should have more important information and not be so difficult to change graphs.

A lot of money time and effort is needed to create this customized Accounting package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After some hard work it can become your dream software for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The company had issues with employees doing many different things and separate separate spreadsheets and reports. Now things are automated in Accounting Seed and Salesforces so less duplication and no manual calculations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to create custom reports so easily. My TMS system and Accouting Seed are all on one platform, which makes everything 100 times easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Takes a couple days to hear back from IT Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We able to easily close out Month End and Year End. It takes a day. It would take me almost a week before Accounting Seed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front Office Manager
What do you like best?

It will really helping me easier to get into the work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Late processing of the save and repeatedly added options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adding and late processing on account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quick response, pleasant customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a very pleasant experience. There nothing I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had very successful employee training sessions after switching from another accounting system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Reporting features are very useful. We can use Salesforce reporting engine for Accounting Seed data objects.

Accounting Seed is seamlessly integrated with Salesforce so no external integration is required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the user interface are not as easy as other accounting software. User needs to understand Salesforce to get comfortable with Accounting Seed as it is built using Salesforce platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounting, Reporting, Dashboard and Forecasting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Accounting Seed (AS) is fully integrated into SaleForce (SF) making training easier. Knowledge of SF helps in AS. It flows in a logical process. Easy to add objects to supplement or customize information needed. Response time while using AS is instantaneous. The best response time in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited built-in (canned) reports plus limited reporting because SF sends all reports to Excel. Customization sometimes rendered useless when upgrades are released. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Laying a good foundation for the system is important but realize that as your needs change and as AccountingSeed (AS) improves, you may have to rebuild your system on a new foundation. Don't get frustrated with this. It can easily be done with AS. Be happy you have a system that is striving to innovate and take advantage of upgrades in SalesForce, other software, and technology in general. AS is worth the investment of time and money. Spend time learning "reporting" in Salesforce so you can quickly develop your reports in AS. The flow and processes in AS are fairly intuitive. You will pick that up quickly. Customization is easy and allows you to grow. Document your customizations so you can test before AS sends an update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS allows us to account for funds and grants based on programs (projects). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EL