Greenshades Reviews & Product Details

What is Greenshades?

Greenshades Software handles the headaches that come along with running payroll so our clients can focus on more important things.

Greenshades Screenshots

1-17 of 17 total Greenshades reviews
Senior Admissions Counselor
Higher Education

"Not Mobile Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like all of my documents and work offers are in one central location.

What do you dislike?

For a position that travels and like my position does, it would be more beneficial to have a better mobile app. I hate that it only lets you clock in and clock out instead of input times like the desktop version.

It makes it easy for leadership to see how much overtime is being worked on by employees. Which is much Better than our personal spreadsheets we kept when we were salary. This also assists employees in realizing when personal limits are coming close to being met and time off is much needed. In turn, this somewhat helps in employee self care and longevity.

"Greenshades gets the job done quickly, efficiently, and easily. "

What do you like best?

I like having all my forms available online and it's easy to access. I also like how the app operates. I am able to view my tax forms as well as clock in hours while I am away fro my computer.

What do you dislike?

How there is not a way to copy the same hours for every day. You have to manually put in each day. If the app or the website allowed you to easily copy the same amount of hours for a previous day for other days, it would make the website/app better for users, making it faster to complete my time sheet. This way I have more time to complete my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the app to your phone.

When a tax form gets loss in the mail, greenshades allows you to access it online. When I do not have my computer on me, the app on my phone allows me to complete what I need to on time. he two-second verification factor allows me to quickly be able to log into greenshades from whatever device.

You are able to save the document easily on your phone from the app and it is not complicated. While getting my taxes completed, I was able to quickly get all my documents uploaded and saved to my phone and email it my accountant.

When applying for loans, I was able to get my previous pay stubs quickly sent over to my banker, the app was allowing me to send over the right information needed.

System Administrator

"Works just fine for a Timesheet program"

What do you like best?

The ability to copy a past timesheet and use it again.

What do you dislike?

It's a little cumbersome. It involves quite a bit of clicking and selecting to account for odd time input.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a relatively simple and working web-based payroll software for a lower cost, this will work just fine. Is it the best thing I've ever used? No, but it's a timesheet system, it doesn't have to solve quantum equations for me. It could be a little less cumbersome to enter in work hours, but it's not rocket science. The really nice feature is the ability to copy previous timesheets! If you work the same schedule week in and out, then just copy and re-use the same one over and over again, you'll be done in no time!

We went from paper timesheets to a web-based program. It was a big step into the next century!

I

"Program is great!"

What do you like best?

I have used Greenshades since May 2016. I love the program and everything it has to offer. You can access your paystubs which include hours worked, CTO occurred, CTO used, past paystubs, and just so much more. This program is great because you can sign in to the program anywhere as long as the verification process checks out.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this program that has me thinking negative of the product. There are only good aspects of the program. I have read other reviews that state negative aspects, but I have to disagree with ALL of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love green shades and would not suggest any recommendations. I think the program is great.

Having this program, it makes it easy to track pay stubs both current and past. This has made it more easy for the employees of the company to access anywhere and anytime. This aspect, in return, have made it easier on our secretary. Also with the amazing benefits administrative part, it makes it easier to let the employee know weather or not they have benefits available to them, it makes it easier to sign up for the benefits too that our company has to offer if they are elligable.

"Greenshades gets the job done, but it is not super user friendly."

What do you like best?

I like that there is an app, although you cannot do some features through the app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the time and attendance feature. I wish it would automatically fill in the end date for you because most time entries will be done on the same day.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other vendors out there, so I would shop around. But, my guess is that Greenshades is a lower cost options and it does get the job done.

We are solving the old way of using paper time sheets. Now, employees can simply login to the app or the desktop version and enter their hours. Also, the ability for supervisors to approve multiple time sheets at one time is nice.

Assistant Dean of Admissions
Higher Education

"All my personnel info easily available"

What do you like best?

Greenshades allows me to access all my personnel info easily and quickly

What do you dislike?

The interface seems a bit outdated but the functionality it great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Works great and easy to use.

Accessing personnel data

"A practical tool for managing employment and payroll information. "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the customizable dashboard and easy access to my financial documents.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I don't really have anything I dislike. It is functional for our needs.

Greenshades provides a practical portal for communicating payroll and benefit information as well as managing time-off requests and tax documentation.

"Great layout"

What do you like best?

Great layout with easy to find links to whatever you are trying to access.

What do you dislike?

Inability to print more than one pay stub at a time or compare different weeks or w2s side by side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Built in, affordable way to manage time clocks and paystubs in the same program.

Easy access off of campus to pay stubs

"No Issues with Greenshades"

What do you like best?

It’s very convenient! I’ve never had an issue with figuring out how to view pay stubs or pay history. Everything is laid out on the site nicely.

What do you dislike?

My sign in acted up a few times. My personal email wasn’t connected somehow. Either way once it worked out there were no issues.

It was really good for the company I worked with. There’s about 300 employees at the company and it’s benefeicial to have an online way to check pay, PTO, etc.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

It is a quick and easy to use. I can manage my employees.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult working around it and figuring where I can manage my employees

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/a

Approve time sheets is easy online.

US

"Strong Product for Benefit Management and Changes "

What do you like best?

This product has proven a useful portal for internal employees and external consultants to track payroll and manage benefit elections.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little clunky sometimes, slow to load pages and get a bit jumpy on occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Updating the UI to a more modern look could draw in some more people.

Effective central repository for benefit and payroll information.

AS

"Benefits Review"

What do you like best?

The training during implementation was great. They were always professional , knowledgeable and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

I can't say I had any issues from Greenshades- we had more issues with our internal IT

We needed a more streamlined HR system- now I have info at my fingertips!

UD

"TROM review"

What do you like best?

Greenshades is a very easy way to maintain the payroll within the company.

What do you dislike?

You defiantly need training on how to use it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Defiantly use green shades especially if you are a startup company like myself as it helps you focus on other things instead of worrying about paying.

Trying to grow my business and this helps me quickly get on with other stuff whilst green shades does it for me

AH

"Great"

What do you like best?

Easy of scheduling time off. The time sheets can be an issue but I believe with practice everything becomes easier

What do you dislike?

Supervisors taking too long to make approvals

A compact calendar of when staff is out. Its better than searching through emails to find memos

"Does what it should do"

What do you like best?

The directions were easy to follow. I received my tax form with no difficulty.

What do you dislike?

I did not have a problem with anything!!

Effective in getting tax forms to employees via mail or online.

EA

"Great integration with Dynamics GP"

What do you like best?

Greenshades integrates with Dynamics ERP software

What do you dislike?

The user interface was a bit clunky and were a bit concerned with running very large payrolls

Minimize double entry of payroll time and attendance data

AH

"Greenshades"

What do you like best?

Good Time keeping system that integrates into our payroll system and payroll tax system.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes. Relatively little or no problems with this system

Time card and payroll taxes

Greenshades Features

6.9
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.3*
* Payroll Category
Do you work for Greenshades?