Bill.com

Bill.com, a leading digital business payments company, helps automate your accounts payable (AP) process and saves you up to 75% of the time typically spent.

Automate the way you pay bills, send invoices, and get paid. Sign up for a risk-free trial.

Work for Bill.com?

Learning about Bill.com?

Bill.com Reviews

Ask Bill.com a Question
Showing 87 Bill.com reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Bill.com
Heather B.

"Bill.com reduces the time it takes to pay bills and invoice customers"

What do you like best?

My favorite things about Bill.com are being able to pay bills simply by selecting the bills I want to pay and clicking a "Pay" button. I don't have to cut checks or process wire transfers myself. Additionally, Bill.com pulls the money all in one lump sum, so I don't have to wait for outstanding checks to clear the bank. On the receivables side, I love being able to create a recurring invoice that can be automatically e-mailed out to the customer by Bill.com. My accounting software cannot do that.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite parts of Bill.com are trying to solve the sync errors that often pop up after the nightly sync with Intaact. Additionally, there are some limits on what vendors can see even if they also have a Bill.com account, so I have to e-mail things like commission statements outside of Bill.com.

Bill.com provides a great approval trail on bills, particularly for those companies that are audited. We can even give the auditors access to Bill.com to so they have easy access to view any bills they would like to see as part of the audit. Additionally, we have started using Bill.com to make international payments with fees much lower than what the bank would charge.

What AP Automation solution do you use?

Christine T.

"The Best Payables System "

What do you like best?

When it comes to online programs like Bill.com customer service plays a big part, especially during the start. From personal experience Bill.com has great customer support. They are knowledgeable and seek to resolve any questions I have in an orderly and timely fashion. Once you get started with the program it is so easy to use and saves time and money for our company.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of any dislikes with Bill.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try I'm sure you will like it!

We are able to process and pay our invoices using Bill.com. I can process and my supervisor can approve the invoices for payment even if we aren't in the same location - a real plus for us and the main reason we opened an account with Bill.com. A couple of our vendors are paid via ACH so they like that option.

Sam D.

"G2 Crowd is the best"

What do you like best?

It keeps a historical record of all my bills and pays them very easily. I also like that I don't have to take 30 minutes to write out checks and stuff them in envelopes. It makes life much more simple. Makes accounting simpler.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I one time created another account with a similar name, so a payer got confused, as did I. But that's more my bad. Sometimes uploading a bill can take a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Happy to recommend to others to consider using Bill.com. We need more automation and ease of use. It's nice that once you're in the Bill.com database, a company can simply look you up.

I'm solving the problem of efficiency and invoicing. It's so much easier to get paid with Bill.com. I do appreciate how once I'm in the database, a company can simply look me up.

Olga S.

"Really Great Software!!"

What do you like best?

I really like that Bill.com scans bills and fills out most of the information for you. I also like the fact that you can schedule your payments, so you don't have to worry about remembering to pay a certain vendor on time. By using Bill.com we've reduced the time it takes to enter and pay bills by 3 days.

What do you dislike?

We use Bill.com with QuickBooks Desktop and the integration works great. The only thing we would like to see added is the ability to chose the warehouse the product has been shipped to for our manufacturing invoices.

As I already mentioned, by using Bill.com we've reduced the time it takes to enter and pay bills by 3 days. This freed time for other, more important, analytical tasks that we didn't have the time to get to before.

Ethan B.

"A great centralized bill pay system"

What do you like best?

It keeps a historical record of all my bills and pays them very easily. I also like that I don't have to take 30 minutes to write out checks and stuff them in envelopes. It makes life much more simple. It also dumps all the info straight into our accounting system so there is no need to do double entry to create the checks, then go and record checks. It just sends all the info straight over.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I do a bit of manual entry, but I could pay more for that, but I would rather spend an extra 5 minutes than pay for the auto entry. Sometimes uploading a bill can take a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is no need to keep a big drawer of bills anymore. Just scan and go. Throw away the paper copies. I really like that when I go to pay a bill I'm not sitting down to write out a check, I just attribute the amount to a GL, and click approve.

Centralized digital historical secure bill pay. I think that's the most succinctly I could put it. I'm very happy to get rid of paper. I also find it to be extremely fast and makes paying bills more enjoyable, rather than a loathsome chore.

Alan "Al" W.

"Integration Not Great"

What do you like best?

Bill.com gives you a great customer facing front end. Customers can view their invoices online and update payment methods with ease. The dunning letter capability makes our life much easier than having to email individually out to late paying customers.

What do you dislike?

If you spend all of your time in Bill.com, it's probably a great product. However, everything breaks down when you use any of their integrations. Both the Quickbooks Desktop and the merchant account interfaces to Vantage/Paytrace have so many bugs. Their tech support is good about helping you out with any challenge, but the bugs never seem to get fixed no matter how many time you point them out the them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider your options if you expect the Quickbooks sync to work well or if your merchant account syncs well with Quickbooks already.

Our previous merchant account had a great interface with Quickbooks Desktop (to be honest, it worked much better than Bill.com's). However, there was no customer facing front end.

Damaso R.

"Our account was cancelled with a vague explanation"

What do you like best?

It is mostly easy to use (some sections require a bit to play with to get a hang of it) and parcel the information

What do you dislike?

The following vague explanation for our account being deactivated:

Thank you for your interest in Bill.com. During a recent review of your account it was determined thatBill.com can no longer offer services to [edited out name of company].

Our service is subject to a number of requirements from our processing banks and they prohibit us from processing payments for businesses in certain industries.

The Bill.com account for [edited out name of company] has been deactivated and canceled. You will not be charged for any subscription fees for the current period.

Operations Department"

Also, their customer number is an endless automated menu (just repeats itself): 650.353.3301

They dont want to deal with anyone over the phone, even on hwy they deactivated the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implement a phone customer support number.

We received 2 payments in the first cycle. Then they cancelled our account.

They charged us $200.98 for a month use on 6/24/2019 and deactivated our account on 6/25/2019.

Adriana L.

"Great tool for employee reimbursement quickly"

What do you like best?

The site is very user-friendly layout with easy menus and quick visuals. Adding my bank account information was quick and painless with the help of customer service (my server timed out and they walked me through the steps to add the information again).

There are a few ways to search what you are looking for which makes harder to find information easier to find.

The quick turn around time the ability to quickly access the current open and unpaid expenses easily, which makes it a winner for me.

What do you dislike?

The first time I used it I was confused if I had submitted the required information because it showed that my payment was pending/overdue. As the person being reimbursed, I didn't know why the payment was overdue and if there was an issue. Turns out I needed to wait until my supervisor approved the transaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The more people you have using a service like Bill.com the easier it is when the user interface is simple. Less confusion and questions which ultimately slow people down. When you work with people in various age groups and computer skills, a simple interface truly makes a difference.

Previously I had to wait two weeks for a check to clear and be mailed when making purchases. This makes the entire process painless and fast. I can also look at the information quickly and see if anything is missing whereas before I would have to go through emails or paystubs.

Maria "Muddy" V.

"Quick and Easy way to take care of your Payables!"

What do you like best?

I like the platform to be able to handle accounts payable and receivables in one location on the web. It makes it easy to have one portal to manage the receiving of payments and the sending out of invoicing.It also integrates with QuickBooks Online and Xero. Quickbooks integration is discounted for users.

What do you dislike?

The site is a bit cumbersome. It could use a facelift in design and usability. Some of the navigation is hidden in sub-tiers of navigation making you have to click thru to get to the area you are in need of reaching. Pricing seems a bit high for this platform compared to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your users are set up correctly to be able to pay bills. As an admin, all the functionality is there but having additional users you must set their permissions to be able to actually pay the bill. Check and compare the pricing plans to make sure you are not selecting an overpriced plan where you may not use all the features.

Managing accounts receivable and accounts payables on one platform that lets you pay bills like a banking systems' bill pay.

"Game. Changer."

What do you like best?

Cost effective way for a small business to offer advanced services to clients with electronic invoicing, ACH payments and a free online account for clients to make it simple for them to manage. No more checks to cash! Revenue comes in faster. Bill.com is just a sleek system that makes it appear we have a bigger team or "fancy" systems when in fact it's a one person job that gets done on the road, in a park or wherever I'm at when it's time to send invoices. Love the mobility and ease of use. Integrates perfectly with QB and frees me from additional dependence on QB add-on services. Also integrates with Tax1099.com which was a very easy and inexpensive way to handle the 1099 tax filing. Bill.com is a workhorse for small businesses!

What do you dislike?

The new platform had too many kinks so I stayed on the old platform. Invoice formats were not copying over correctly and some critical customer details were not transferred to the new profiles.

Faster payments from clients. Easy tracking of AR and AP. Easy to send payment reminders. Electronic invoicing and ACH payments without having to pay for the extra features in QB. Less time spent on AR and AP. Truly a game changer for a small business.

"Excellent Quickbooks integrated platform"

What do you like best?

We use Bill.com for a number of our clients to automate customer and vendor billing. Sync works well with desktop and online versions of QuickBooks. It was fairly simple to set up to allow customers to pay using their credit cards, and the rates are competitive despite being limited to one preferred credit card processor. Customer service is chat based, but very responsive and knowledgeable. They are willing and able to help on a variety of issues, from account setup to troubleshooting sync issues.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of idiosyncrasies with sync that can take getting used to. QuickBooks for Desktop, for example, cannot sync credits created on the Bill.com side of things. Likely a software limitation, as the problem is specific to QB for Desktop. There are a number of features lacking that could greatly improve the product, such as the ability to set autoreminder rules at the customer level, rather than just at the global level.

One client invoices 200-300 customers monthly, and Bill.com, through its automation, has allowed us to streamline this process so that it only takes a few hours instead of a number of days.

"A GREAT CLOUD APPLICATION"

What do you like best?

I rely on the speed and the accuracy of Bill.com support team and they never let me down. Support staff is always polite and kind as well as well trained and aware of Bill.com functionality. I can see that they are always trying to improve the Bill.com functionality and ability to improve the application and welcome any request for additional capabilities.0

What do you dislike?

i like that all the chat history stay in the Message Center. However, i don't like that i have to log into Bill.com and go to Message Center to check the latest message that i received from Bill.com support staff. It would be more more convenient if i can see the incoming message when i receive the email notification.

By using Bill.com, the clients do not need to maintain paper checks. Payers can pay the bills while he/she is on business trip avoiding delay in paying bills.

"How Bill.com has any good reviews is a mystery"

What do you like best?

Getting paid - but it is torture through this system

What do you dislike?

ZERO customer service. They have been unable to verify my account for over 2 weeks which makes ZERO sense. My main client can't pay me the very large sum of money they owe because Bill.com can't verify my bank. Then there is no option to call them. They claim chat is availabale during business hours but I am trying to chat with them now and the option is not available. Their email support takes days with no resolutions. It's truly embarrassing how bad it is and yet they still have so much traction with small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at Paypal or Zelle or just use your accounting software for invoicing. Frankly at the rate Bill.com works - paper checks are faster and more efficient.

I am switching to Zelle or Paypal or ANY other system for payment. If it worked and Customer Service could resolve issues, then in theory, this would be great. I have zero issues with Paypal or Zelle - both of which are free. Bill.com tries to charge me for adding my clients. This is absurd. There should be no fee to receive funds. Only if you a syncing to accounting software and using it as your primary Billing service.

Meghan B.

"Bill.com User Insight "

What do you like best?

The best things Bill.com has going for it is 1. online chat support is always quick and very helpful 2. AP Processing. When I am confused or do not have time to research I use chat for assistance. For AP processing it is easy to forward invoices directly to your inbox. For invoices that do not need to be synced you can have them auto processed- the accuracy is sufficient. The system gets confused when you have inactive or multiple vendors but it is easy to click the right one and then the remaining details auto-populate.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is sync errors. We use Bill.com in succession with Xero and that sync errors occur weekly if not daily. Also there is a software error where even if you resolve the issue you typically have to ask support to clear the errors otherwise you will continue to get a yield sign in the corner.

It is easy to send invoices to customers and you can also accept credit card payments with this software. However, for the actually processing we use Paytrace which has small fees attached.

"Effective, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

It definitely saves time and manages files more efficiently that storing invoices in file boxes.

What do you dislike?

Some functions are not user intuitive. If a vendor sends multiple invoices, you need to go in and out of the document each time to save a new invoice. Auto-coding is not perfect. Emails and photos in emails upload into the bill pay system. Word documents do not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Integration with quickbooks is seamless

File management is streamlined

There are still bugs with auto-coding invoices

System is not intuitive

Duplicate invoices do cause some issues

Photos and emails are not separated out

Much of the actual coding is still manual

It does save time despite these flaws

No potential of invoices going missing during the approval process

Checks and ACHs are handled third party - no human error on our end

Time and space management

Dmitry B.

"Awful Support and "

What do you like best?

I only used their service to pay our company office lease for a few months. Nothing really special.

What do you dislike?

Support and the way they treat their customers.

First of all, it's super hard to contact their support I submitted 3 tickets and it took 3 days to finally get someone to respond.

We are leasing the office space from the company that was using Bill.com to accept payments for their bills, therefore we were forced to use bill.com to pay our monthly office rent. Everything was ok... Then the company we paid for the rent switched to using Xero since it doesn't really make sent to pay ridiculous amounts for bill.com.

Anyway... for us, it was even better because now we didn't need to pay bill.com subscription fees to just pay for the rent (simple ACH). So we went ahead and canceled our subscription with bill.com in August.

A few months later (in October) I noticed that they were still charging our credit card and as I mentioned above it took 3 days to get someone to finally respond to our support tickets.

What I asked for was simply refund the last 3 charges (Oct, Sept, Aug) and close our account simply because their system failed to cancel it in the first attempt. Simple right? Nope, not with Bill.com

They had someone to call me and tried to explain that they didn't see my first request to cancel and if I didn't use their service since August it was my problem and that evidence that I didn't even log in to their service for 3 months is not enough for them to refund.

So my advice to you, if you ever thought to use bill.com for your business, please stay away. There are tons of great innovative companies on planet Earth who would love to do a business with you and will value you as a customer!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay away, awful support and they totally don't value your business as a customer!

paying office rent

Sanjit M.

"Bill.com is very easy and fast to use!"

What do you like best?

The usability of the platform. It was new to be and I figured it out immediately and enjoy using it. I switched from using credit cards to this platform and it has saved me a few hundred dollars. Loving this! :)

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. When I think of something, I will let them know :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Let clients and customers know this is a great platform to use and it will save everyone additional fees. We know how we all want to save on fees :)

Getting paid by clients. it is an easy way for clients to send money via an ACH transaction. You know the payments are in the works, you receive an email from them and in a day or two, it is in your account.

JaCoby M.

"Makes your life 100% easier"

What do you like best?

Bill.com is such an awesome tool. I have been using bill.com for a few years now and it has saved so much time for me. I love that I no longer need to hand write checks any more. I can pay any vendor with ease. It is super easy to add invoices and get them set up to be paid. Bill.com is great for any business because it helps eliminate any check fraud or stolen money from your company plus it sets up controls of payments. Invoices added to bill.com have to be approved by someone with the authority to approve them which is a great control to have in place for any business.

What do you dislike?

The pricing for bill.com is a set fee, then it is so much per bill paid which can get expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save tons of time, no longer need to write checks.

Eliminate the need to buy paper checks.

Eliminate the need to write hand checks

Eliminate the the possibility of check fraud

Payments have to be approved by management.

Can set up payments anywhere in the world.

Vendors can email the invoices directly to Bill.com so they can easily be added to be paid.

"Organized A/P Solution"

What do you like best?

Centralized place to store all A/P related documents. Easy for research and makes audit documentation a breeze. Syncs seamlessly with our accounting software so we don't have to double enter bills.

What do you dislike?

The service is priced too high. In addition to a monthly fee we also pay $1.49 per mailed check and $0.49 per e-payment. There are cheaper solutions but none are as user-friendly as Bill.com (we have looked!)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have been happy with Bill.com for 5 years but recently they rolled out a "new" Bill.com. We had so many issues with the new program we asked to be switched back to the old version. Hopefully they will work out the problems with the "new" Bill.com before they make it the primary user interface.

Allows an easy flow of A/P from entering, approving, and paying. Each user can be assigned roles relevant to their position. Now staff can approve bills for payment even when they're out of the office.

Krystle P.

"The modern and convenient way to handle accounts payable. "

What do you like best?

Bill.com makes it easy for a small business to have checks and balances within their AP systems even with minimal staff. Additionally all of the payment information syncs quickly back to QBO, no duplicate entries are needed.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes a little tricky to get new vendors set up and able to accept ACH payments, which are less expensive than check payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would like to handle all of your accounts payable via a cloud based & paperless system, please consider Bill.com.

As an outsourced bookkeeper, I needed a reliable method to handle client accountants payable without frequent trips to the office to cut checks. Bill.com has saved time and money for my business.

Alia R.

"Payables made easy."

What do you like best?

Bill.com's clearing account in the chart of accounts makes it easy to track bills paid via bill.com so it's always reconciled.

What do you dislike?

Bill.com does not make it super easy to move around individual pages of documents/invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If self-employed, might be easier to use bill pay within QuickBooks Online because bill.com has actually created the software partnership with QuickBooks Online. If you don't need layers of approval, can save money by using bill pay with QBO.

Construction managers are able to keep abreast of their subcontractors payments themselves by viewing the expected arrival date of checks or ACH payments. Previously they never had access to viewing that information as they had to obtain it from a bookkeeper, now the construction manager can provide insight to his subs confidently and ensure they get paid on time, if not faster.

Benjamin M.

"The cloud Way to transact."

What do you like best?

Fast way to make and receive payments, kept me updated through reminders on pending bills to pay which made me avoid penalties for late payments, easy to create invoices fast and send them to clients even when on holiday all you do is log in to your account from anywhere and do your tasks in a couple of minutes. Allows one accountant to handle various outlets and branches which is cheap for the business. As a business you receive payments from credit cards even paypal. It also works well with other accounting software you don't need to dumb them.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about it nothing to complain yet, when I do I will update my post.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bill.com is the fun way to transact pay bills and receive payments all in one place. You should get it.

Bill payments, remote financial management, Clients reminders

Marty R.

"My favorite accounting tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use yet powerful tool for business. I appreciate being able to see all invoices for a vendor captured as a PDF with the payment information. I can easily see past vendor invoices, payments, and check images. The tool also shows the cash flow projection for upcoming days.

What do you dislike?

It does not integrate with our ERP system. Editing payments that have been approved but not yet released could be more intuitive. Bill.com used to allow reports to be saved as PDFs as well as download options, but no longer allows PDFs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it as a trial subscription as a test.

Streamlined the input, approval and payment of our invoices. Allows multiple people to review a bill to be paid. When a person approves a bill, the next person in the process receives an e-mail as well as it being in their Bill.com dashboard. Easy to research vendor questions with this tool.

UF
User in Food & Beverages

"Easy to use interface for invoicing and approvals"

What do you like best?

As a user of Bill.com - the most common activity I'm engaged in is approving invoices that are linked to my department. Whenever an invoice comes in via email to our accounts payable department, they upload it, send it, and I get to review and approve them all at the same time. One of the more useful features is the ability to tag and comment on certain invoices to make sure we're not losing communication over email.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say I dislike too much of the product. I don't use it far beyond approving invoices that come in but it seems like that's the majority of peoples' experience after speaking with several people in my company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's super easy to use, there's not much to recommend - just have a single department be responsible for uploading invoices that need to be paid and have the correct people approve them

The biggest business problem we solved by using a service like bill.com is the ability to review and approve invoices and payments that come in per department. Previously, we had to approve via email and things would get lost while approving multiple in

Learn more about Bill.com

Bill.com Videos

Learning about Bill.com?

* We monitor all Bill.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.