Hubdoc

Your key financial docs in one place. Automatically.

Work for Hubdoc?

Learning about Hubdoc?

Compare Hubdoc to Similar Solutions

Hubdoc Reviews

Ask Hubdoc a Question
Showing 14 Hubdoc reviews
Hubdoc review by Angel A.
Angel A.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hubdoc
Hubdoc review by Jessica F.
Jessica F.

"Good tool to improve efficiency and become audit proof"

What do you like best?

Automatic account syncs, ability to add files through email or app. Integration with QuickBooks, Xero, several cloud storage services and more. This is a great tool for business to digitize their filing and organize their important documents. With the QuickBooks integration, you are able to attach invoices and receipts to transactions so you will be ready if an audit comes.

What do you dislike?

Price, I wish that there was a limited free or cheaper plan available as a lot of my clients are price conscious and they refuse to sign up because they are turned off by the price tag. It needs the ability to add user restrictions or limit them to view-only, right now all users have full access. The user interface isn't always intuitive, while there are good tutorials available, it's not easy for a user to figure out as they go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial to familiarize yourself with the features and make sure that it's a good fit for you.

Organizing, filing and backup up important financial documents securely. I recommend it to my clients since I work virtually on the cloud, I am able to access their statements and documents without having need for access to their accounts and they don't have to waste time and be bothered to send them to me every months.

What Financial Audit solution do you use?

Hubdoc review by Sonia J.
Sonia J.

"My great experience with Hubdoc."

What do you like best?

I like how hubdoc integrates seamlessly with Xero to ensure proper bookkeeping.

I like the way I can access this software on many platform this making it more flexible and accessible.

I like how it saves time because it works with high speed.

Reduces error margin when making any form of entry.

Ease of setup and simple users interface.

Has a great mobility support that make easier to snap Bill's and receipts.

What do you dislike?

This financial tool requires good internet connectivity to run many processes faster thus when having poor or slower internet connectivity it will become difficult to access the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best solution for auto-fetching key financial documents thus it's a must to use.

Automatically fetches bank statements bills and receipts from many financial institutions.

Hubdoc review by Vickey B.
Vickey B.

"Hubdoc Works Well But Not for Smaller Banks"

What do you like best?

For capturing receipts and even integration with QBO...it is great! I own a bookkeeping company and it is works very well for obtaining information from my clients to assign transactions. The tag feature is another helpful tool for my clients to let me know how to assign their expenses.

What do you dislike?

I work with small to medium churches and only one has a bank that Hubdocs will "fetch" bank statements for AND despite repeated contacts with their support...Hubdoc only fetches ONE of their 3 bank statements...which was the main reason I pay the high monthly fee for that particular client as they are not in QBO =(

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Hubdoc, especially to bookkeeping firm owners, but be aware that there are not very many "small town" banks that they can "fetch" bank statements for...so if that is one of the main features you are looking for...try the trial first.

It works well with helping my bookkeeping firm assign expenses as the client can "tag' which expense account the receipts or invoices should be assigned to. It also works well for collecting and organizing client receipts. I think the monthly fee is high for each client...but in some instances...it is worth every penny!

Hubdoc review by User

"Highly recommended review"

What do you like best?

Once you scan and upload documents, bills, invoices, etc for the first time, system recognizes and organizes everything for you. Also you do not need to download and upload for documents to appear, there is an email address where documents are sent. All of these create great payments reminders and automation of payments so much easier! No more missed payments. Also it is really nice to be able to organize files in one account.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand at first, however once you start to navigate the system it becomes easier to understand. Having multiple users for one account may disorganize the account, however it is something that can be fixed by the administrator and the users. It really is about communication, uniformity, and all being in the same page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is great system that helps keep payments on time, track invoices, checks, etc. Customer support has great availability.

At first, users shared account users need to receive an invitation to Hubdoc in order to create the account. As a user I did not initially received that invitation and created my own. Later when realizing I was not on the company's account, I had to create another account, now with the invitation. This was not a big deal, and my view point is that the issue has been resolved since the solution was simple. I basically have two accounts, it would be better to only have one though, to not have a second one floating around, but it doesn't impede me from working.

Hubdoc review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Hubdoc is THE app for my business!"

What do you like best?

It allows me to work with my clients remotely and in real time! It helps me keep them compliant in case of an audit and operates as an employee for my company. I've tripled my business because of Hubdoc and how it integrates with QBO

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more user permissions, audit trail, and a nicer dashboard, but those things are hard to complain about because I love everything else so much!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great software that is like a virtual filing system! It fetches statements so you don't have to ask your client! It allows them to upload and email in their bills and receipts. You can process them and push them over to QBO so that your source documents are tied to the transaction!

Hubdoc has helped me go paperless! My clients love how easy it is to use!

Hubdoc review by Administrator

"Easy to use for both me and my clients!"

What do you like best?

I love that my clients can forward/email their receipts to Hubdoc. It's so easy for them. Plus the app is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a timestamp on the documents when they arrive. I also wish you can see how it was uploaded (i.e. a username from the app, the email address it was sent from,etc). These pieces of info can be critical and I've had to drop Hubdoc from certain clients because it was missing these key features.

Hubdoc provdies a user-friendly way for clients to get me their documents efficiently. I don't have many clients whose bank will work directly with Hubdoc, but the few accounts I can connect directly save me a ton of time.

Hubdoc review by Salim M.
Salim M.

"The most suitable solution for data extraction."

What do you like best?

Am delighted by the way this software eliminates data entry and filling by extracting crucial information from,bills,invoices and receipts with ease.

It's a very secure cloud based software.

Key financial records are organized automatically and backed-up for future reference and made available on many internet enabled devices.

It's easy to use and setup

What do you dislike?

It requires a great internet connection to access this software on the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes,For data extraction.

Data extraction is made more simple.

Reduces errors.

Integrates well with other accounting software that we uses in our organization like Xero and QB.

Hubdoc review by Sara V.
Sara V.

"Smooth integration"

What do you like best?

Hubdoc does a great job downloading necessary documents and uploading them to your accounting software. It saves a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

It does not connect to every bank/credit union.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give Hubdoc a try. They are adding new banks/credit cards everyday - so if yours is not on the list it hopefully will be soon! They also offer unlimited storage of your documents.

Collecting documents from bookkeeping/accounting clients.

Hubdoc review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Very helpful for bookkeepers with multiple clients"

What do you like best?

Hubdoc makes attaching documents to bookkeeping transactions much easier. It is well set up and so much can be automated to help save a bunch of time!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the layout is difficult to work with, and I wish there was more ability to customize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you plan on using Hubdoc for multiple bookkeeping or accounting clients, look into the certification. Getting certified in Hubdoc for Xero and Hubdoc for Quickbooks is very helpful and worth the time!

Hubdoc's ability to automate a lot of the "busy work" associated with being a bookkeeping has provided me with more time to add real value for my clients.

Hubdoc review by Alia R.
Alia R.

"HubDoc"

What do you like best?

Autofetches bank statements rather than having to login. Declutters inbox by having documents sent directly to hubdoc rather than having to forward emails from inbox.

What do you dislike?

Not enough account connections exist yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worthwhile and the company is open to feedback and very receptive to making changes that will benefit a large number of users.

Time saving from not having to login to numerous client accounts to access bank statements, etc.

Hubdoc review by Wayne S.
Wayne S.

"One place to keep all you documents"

What do you like best?

Not only does the software pull your monthly document, it allow you to email it. In addition it will push a copy to your storage vendor (ie, Dropbox) and push it properly to your accounting system (Xero)

What do you dislike?

Not much, customer service is great so if there is an issue they're on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time with your integrations and it will be a snap. The choices for automating pushing your docs to Xero, et. al. needs to be played with depending on your needs.

Speed up importing bills and other documents into my accounting system, eliminate the need for scanning.

Hubdoc review by Administrator

"Hubdoc review"

What do you like best?

Easy way to track and store all receipts real-time and not have to organize at end of year.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to sign into the mobile app every time I use it. I wish it would recognize my login or let me use my fingerprint to login.

Eliminates storage of paper. Also eliminates clients bringing me a shoebox of receipts at the end of the year.

Hubdoc review by User

"Extremely easy and intuitive expense capture"

What do you like best?

The simple way to upload receipts for the accounting department through the mobile app and taking photographs or through emailing as attachments. Accounting representatives do the rest.

What do you dislike?

Learning how to set categories for receipts to automatically be captured into. It is important to make sure that the relevant folders are created.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Utilize your accounting teams license and if not, get them to get one

expense capture for employees of small businesses that can be easily managed by accounting team.

Learning about Hubdoc?

* We monitor all Hubdoc reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Hubdoc to Similar Solutions