Zoho Expense

Expense reporting doesn't have to be painful. Zoho Expense is a perk for employees, managers, and finance teams!

Work for Zoho Expense?

Learning about Zoho Expense?

Zoho Expense Reviews

Showing 248 Zoho Expense reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Expense
Zoho Expense review by Rashed S. A.
Rashed S. A.

"Handy Solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, suits a small business, and makes life way easier in recording and tracking expenses. It has auto scan of bills which scans bills, reads its contents, then log them properly into the proper format. Via the smartphone app, you record expenses on the go, and request approvals without the need to wait until you reach the office and you may forget them for couple of days, we all know how bad delaying work could go. Therefore, I like the ease of use, immediate action possibility, and systems integration which means systems read from each other.

What do you dislike?

Needs some improvements on the time it takes to record an expense. Well I cannot say a lot about dislikes, but for sure it needs to improve more and save more time. I need to see more AI in such great app. BAsically, You will not notice any default from the app, and if so, try contacting the support team! I'm sure you will love it. There is no app without problems, but to me, I barely notice a problem, and if so, it doesn't worth to even remember what it was. Smooth app giving me what I need. Period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It transforms your work style and makes life easy tracking expenses and retrieving data.

Almost everything related to expenses is resolved. No more excel sheets, no more forms, no more signatures and paper. Trees are less needed to be cut.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Zoho Expense review by Nicolae Virgil C.
Nicolae Virgil C.

"Fantastic auto scanning and processing receipts"

What do you like best?

Auto-scanning recipes is one of the best part at Zoho Expense, combined with cloud docs it's easy to drag and drop all you recipes and let it process them and focus on brief adjustments or additional details. I also love the possibility to keep the PDF documents into docs and be able to add additional comments into Expense and see both whyle opening any registered receipt.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I couldn't see the possibility to reset my Expense Reports auto numbering starting with 1 at the beginning of each year. Also no option to extract trough AI all the expenses from a monthly statement uploaded as PDF doc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! For sure you will gonna love it once getting used with.

It helps me to track and double-check my accounting. Also is well integrated with Zoho Invoices and Docs so I have all my Company's documents and reports in one place.

Zoho Expense review by Logan P.
Logan P.

"Zoho Expenses for All In One Business solutions"

What do you like best?

I love that I can track my expenses, and bill "billable" expenses to my clients seamlessly with Zoho Invoice sync. I also like that I can setup recurring expenses with custom time limits. Also the integration with my bank card is fantastic and automates my workflow easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are hard to find in the administration area. I'm kind of impatient so I should probably just spend some time setting it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the import feature to import previous expenses. Also use the app to take photos of receipts.

As a sole proprietor organization, I need a solution that lets me keep track of my expenses for tax purposes and invoice clients. Zoho Expenses checks all my boxes at an affordable price. I also like to have the powerful reporting tools needed to track my expenses. This helps me with annual taxes as well and I don't have to keep piles of paper receipts.

Zoho Expense review by Elisabeth P.
Elisabeth P.

"Good piece of software"

What do you like best?

Being an expense approver I find Zoho a lot easier to deal with expenses as the submitter has already scanned receipts and entered most of the details so I just have to check them which wasn't the case before we purchased this software. All the expenses are in one place in date order so much easier to trace something if you need it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike about Zoho other than not being able to add or delete things that the submitter may have forgotten to do. Its easier to amend things myself rather than reject and have to explain why it needs changing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train staff correctly

We have scientists travelling all over the world and this software enables them to log receipts through the app while they're on the move so it saves time when they get back. It also recognises figures and will automatically enter them into their expense report also saving time. We are also in discussion with our bank to have the corporate cards linked to their Zoho accounts so automatically updates purchases and currency conversions. This will again save admin time.

Zoho Expense review by Tara S.
Tara S.

"Very intuitive and easy to use tool. The price makes it great for small to medium sized businesses. "

What do you like best?

The app is extremely easy to use. We only have to give a very short training session on how to use the tool, the rest of the tool is extremely intuitive. From a cost and a functionality perspective the price point is extremely attractive and provides all the functionality a small to medium sized business would need. I have recommended this product to several people.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for your first Expense Claim tool or looking to switch to a more cost-effective tool then you can't go past this one.

Our employees don't have to worry about losing their physical receipts or spending timeless hours at the end of the month to reconcile them and entering them into a report. It's extremely easy to use so after the initial quick training we rarely get any follow-up questions. It simplifies the approval process and allows us to manage our costs more effectively.

Zoho Expense review by Jaime S.
Jaime S.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. ZOHO expenses allows expense reporting for both employee and managers to be structured and easy to see. We like the mobile application for ZOHO expense also as this allows easy reporting on the go which most of us use regularly.

What do you dislike?

It's possible, but not easy to see expenses staff have reported but not submitted yet for the month. So as long as staff are proactive about their expenses - reporting as they go, you can prepare for month end accordingly, you can view their expenses reported but not submitted yet for each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZOHO Expenses works great with the other ZOHO tools. We have integrated with ZOHO books, ZOHO Projects and ZOHO CRM. Our team are still being trained on using the tools but we can see the benefits already of linking our tools together.

Taking back control of expenses - can make certain reporting fields required/not required to ensure all expenses are accurate and complete before submitting.

Zoho Expense review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Amazing price, simple to use and administrate, but with great control"

What do you like best?

Being able to create a solid workflow for team members for expense approval, yet so simply has been one of the best features of the platform. The mobile app works well and captures the receipt details and allows each of the team to accurately record their expenses and keep on top of the process simply. Linking this back to our accountancy platform has also been a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

Setting the context of an expenses report automatically would be great, as you have to capture receipts into the expenses section and then set which Report they are linked to. If it were possible to have a default report that would be much easier, but this is a small concern.

Tracking a number of employees expenses and giving them the power to record the receipts automatically, without having to use hundreds of excel spreadsheets every month, and then time for myself to go through and approve and organise payments.

Zoho Expense review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service!!"

What do you like best?

Every time I needed help during implementation, the customer support team actually LISTENED to what I needed and found intelligent workarounds. This is not the case with many software products I've used. It makes Zoho stand out to me. Plus, I absolutely love the product itself. Intuitive for my employees to use, and was easily adopted as a practice.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. I manage different work locations, the only improvement I would ask for in the future is a way to isolate each "project" (location), but with the reporting filters it's easy to manage this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using Zoho Expense for 6 months, and in this short time, they've unrolled new features and improvements, which is a great sign that this product will stay current and responsive to customer needs.

Zoho Expense has helped us have 100% accountability with our expense reporting and reconciliation. Prior, employees would lose receipts, and we were not able to reconcile our accounts daily. With Zoho expense my employees have become more responsible with receipts, and we've eliminated unauthorized purchases!

Zoho Expense review by Lola C.
Lola C.

"Missing too many necessary features"

What do you like best?

Convenience of searching through past expenses, ability to send reports for approval to other users, easy to add multiple receipts. Offers mileage and currency conversion which is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Unable to send to final approver if amount is a refund,or less than zero. Unable to split expenses, even though there is a "split" feature and button, it doesn't work - you have to itemize a charge in order to bill it to two different merchants. It does not process all cards, only a select few are updated through Zoho, other cards must be entered manually as expenses instead. It doesn't seem as though Zoho is making any updates to the program which is really unfortunate because it would be nice to see changes made or at least attempts of improvement. The application feels stagnant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Expensify is better. Zoho Expense isn't cheap and for the price, it should be doing a lot more.

The ability for peers to approve expense reports is convenient, but you cannot have final approver approve a refund because you cannot change the approving amount to less than 0.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Convenient way to report expenses on corporate credit cards"

What do you like best?

Like the ability to quickly snap a photo of your receipt right after the purchase and leave in the app to be automatically scanned and itemized by Zoho. Also a great app to ensure all transactions on the employees company credit cards are being reported accordingly.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few issues with the setup and was not as smooth of a process onboarding as I have experienced with other softwares. The support team has lots of room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool but be prepared to put in the leg work for onboarding. Also may be challenging for individuals not comfortable with mobile apps or new software programs in general.

Our bank feeds frequently disconnect with Zoho, although Zoho claims it's a security parameter of the banks and not in their control. Also wish there were more resources relating to getting employees on board as I have personally spent a lot of time acting as a support person for Zoho to our staff members.

Zoho Expense review by Timothy E.
Timothy E.

"Nice product and integrations"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and offers nice integrations with payment cards and other financial tools. The interface is clean and the support staff are very helpful. When I had an issue importing expenses via a table they were able to assist with sorting the tables and provided good advice.

What do you dislike?

There are so many zoho products with similar functionality that it's hard to sort through the options. It integrates with Zoho invoice, sort of, but the paywall applies to both products independently and sometimes it's hard to tell what overall functionality I will receive with a free or paid account.

I needed a way to track expenses for taxes. I'm doing that with Zoho

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Easy expense tracking"

What do you like best?

I like that zoho allows you to take photos of your receipts to have access to them 24/7. The app allows you to easily organize receipts for different expense reports/trips and it’s super easy to use. You’re able to add single receipts, entire expense reports or track mileage reimbursement easy with just a few clicks, which means you can create your expense report in the go little by little instead of spending hours creating one big report later. Mileage tracking is so convenient because you can enter to and from addresses and zoho tracks the mileage automatically. Expenses are easily submitted and can be approved by admin quickly since they get notified by phone.

What do you dislike?

Zoho allows you to scan your receipts and the information can be prefilled to enter into expense reports but this feature usually only works about 50 percent of the time, especially if the receipt is wrinkled or faded. Overall, still a great app.

We’re able to easily track expenses and get employees reimbursed faster since it’s an app and because it’s so easy to use.

Zoho Expense review by Nina W.
Nina W.

"Zoho Expense"

What do you like best?

i love that the app had the match option to link your receipts and bank accounts with less hassel

What do you dislike?

unfortunately for me i have an account with New Zealand Home Loans and the expenses i spend through that account i cannot log and connect to receipts.

I guess the bank is not recognised yet.. which is troublesome for me deciding whether to carry on or change apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support smaller banks, its a big consideration in my choosing to continue and pay for the product

Im hopefully saving alot of time i spend catagorising and breaking down my costs for my accountant each 6 months for gst.

Zoho Expense review by User

"Slow, but affordable and organized"

What do you like best?

I like that I can submit this directly to our operating officer who then directs deposits my reimbursements. It is very handy.

What do you dislike?

It takes a few minutes for the picture of the receipt to be uploaded. This is a huge pain when I do all of my receipts at the same time. This would become easier when I get into the habit of taking pictures of the receipts immediately after the transaction, but I'm not interested in doing that because it might be disrespectful to the person whose meal and/or drink I purchased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't save all of your receipts until the end of the month! The receipts take a bit of time to upload.

Simplifying reimbursements. Our system prior to this was filling out an Excel sheet. This technology gives me a digital record of the receipts, which allows me to toss that unsightly tower of receipts.

Zoho Expense review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Works great!"

What do you like best?

The web interface works quickly and allows you to generate a report with minimal hassle factor. It's easy to attach photos of receipts. It has a approval workflow capability built in to streamline the process.

What do you dislike?

The "add expense" button could be located in a more convenient place on the UI, e.g. on the top of the screen

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up the roles and workflows when starting to use this app and training users on how to use it. That will make everything flow more smoothly.

We are a small business and this allowed us to get expenses processed quickly and efficiently for reasonable cost.

Zoho Expense review by Cesar L.
Cesar L.

"Best Expense Report Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Multicurrency, Great app. Easy workflow and flow establishment, easy advance set up, great capacity for receipt capture., customizable, can set it up in spanish also

Keep it up zoho, Best expense report decision we have taken, report review time cut in less than half, . Truly recommend it

What do you dislike?

we really have not seen any issues with the platform, if we would have to complain about anything it woud be that it is not free, however quality has its cost, we are really happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, really easy and intuitive, the program speaks for itself, use it and you will wnat to keep it as a permanent solution, workers have greater idea of how much mpney they have left, if they owe the company or if the company owes them money.

Our users have forgotten about the problem of converting foreign currencies, the program does it itself to your default currency, fx rate is updated each day in every currency

Policy violation integrated makes easy to see if any duplicates are being submitted

The app is great and easy to install, the admin role is really easy to use and expense reports are really easy to review.

Multi currency reports made easy for our international travellers, expense report review is really easy to perform

Users really easy to add,, you set up your own currencies and there are a lot available

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Great expense management platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to forward emails and auto scan, ability to add receipts to expenses seamlessly and ability to map expenses to projects stand out. But overall it feels as if the software is custom built for our needs even though its an off the shelf product!

What do you dislike?

The auto scan features still need to go someway. A lot of emails get rejected due to attachment issues even when the attachment is an image (which should be ignored and focus left to body of mail)

We have a travel heavy organization where almost everyone travels multiple times in a month along with a ton of local claim reimbursement. Essentially, what an intense paper-based process has transformed into an easy to submit, easy to approve process. This is saving several hours each month for everyone across the organization while making the process more audit ready and reviewable. This has also enabled us to process claims faster which makes cashflows smoother for employees.

Zoho Expense review by Jhaylorde M.
Jhaylorde M.

"Highly recommended app for busy people who wants everything organised!!!"

What do you like best?

Managing a small business has never been fun and easy because Zoho Expense made sure that our daily expenses are in order and recorded properly. Paper works for reimbursement and cash advances were minimised and we now have time and spaces for other important matters and documents. Having this as a mobile app in my phone means less time in my laptop, and that means comfort and convenience every time we record our expenses.

What do you dislike?

Scanning time for receipts has been difficult every morning till lunch in our area but goes smoothly in the afternoon. We prefer that scanning time should be smooth any time of the day because I have mentioned, we are busy people. We can't wait for the afternoon to come so as to start recording our expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A highly recommended app for busy people who wanted their expenses and receipts monitored and recorded the most convenient way.

Monitoring individual employee expenses has been very difficult for us because our employees feel it was a tiring process, even for me. However, Zoho Expense solved that and it is now a way of life for us. And since we are into mobile phone all the time, the Zoho Expense app adds comfort and convenience. Cash advances are recorded regularly and orderly unlike before where we have to search emails and forms just to track how much each employee have requested in the past. Integration with Zoho Books makes it easy for our accounting people to do their job.

Zoho Expense review by User

"Generally good system, just needs a few tweaks"

What do you like best?

Integrates with Zoho books, and users don't need to be on payroll. Generally easy to submit and approve expenses.

What do you dislike?

Can't use tagging as in Zoho Books, which is really annoying because I then have to go through everyone's expenses in Zoho Books to add tags, and this has to be done before the expense is marked as reimbursed, otherwise I have to undo the whole thing and start again. Also, users find it tricky to find the system for adding mileage since it's different to adding any other expense. And they also find it irritating that you have to create a 'report' as well as an expense - it would be good if this was automatic.

Previously had paper record of expenses, so we now save paper and have a much more efficient system for keeping records. Much easier to find receipts when needed. Expenses are easier to claim, and tend to be claimed more promptly because of this, which helps business planning. Used to have to manually enter expenses from paper forms, so we now save time and are likely to have fewer errors.

Zoho Expense review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Convenient and helpful"

What do you like best?

This helps getting our staff to regularly report and track expenses and receipts. I love the free ACH reimbursement capability. The workflows are easy to create as well. The cost is unbeatable for under 10 users

What do you dislike?

Some things are not intuitive about the set up, but overall it is helpful. The credit card feeds need to update more often. I usually have to do so manually, and if you don't know where to look, doing it this way can be pretty hard. Staff have a hard time differentiating expenses and receipts, and finding both within the mobile and online apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost effective solution for under 10 users.

Credit card reconciliation and reimbursements for expenses and mileage. Saves a lot of time and need for approvals via email.

Zoho Expense review by Saurabh J.
Saurabh J.

"We recovered our expense on Zoho Expense within the first month"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense really simplifies the process of submitting, reviewing and reimbursing employee made expenses. As a small organisation, we thought we did not need formal expense reporting software, and that Google Sheets was just fine. However, the amount of time and hassle saved by using proper software over spreadsheets is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

I have used Expensify and similar expense reporting software in corporate jobs. Compared to those, there isn't much to dislike in Zoho Expense. One big pain is that we must issue cheques for the exact balance value of a reimbursement, in order to settle it. We would like to make an adhoc payment through Zoho Books and then split that across settling one Expense, and using the balance as advance for the next one.

We have solved many problems with Expense. The first is getting real time data on per-day expenses when our field staff is traveling. Second, we now have an approvals process in place. Third, expenses are settled very quickly. Fourth, we do not need to wait for paper receipts to be filed in order to settle reimbursements (Zoho Expense lets you electronically capture receipts right from your smartphone).

Zoho Expense review by Eric K.
Eric K.

"Very handy, some improvement possible"

What do you like best?

Use on mobile devices,

Processing bills further in an online environment by using the computer

auto scanning of bills, although it does not always recognize correctly.

Direct transfer to Zoho Books

Keeping track of reimbursements.

Possibility to indicate if costs need to be charged to the client.

What do you dislike?

There is no good way we could find yet, to link expenses directly to our projects, which are in Zoho Projects.

At the moment, it seems not possible to record expenses offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try if it works for you.

Structured approach for submitting expense claims

No need to process line by line

It saves time from our administration personnel

Zoho Expense review by Catherine J.
Catherine J.

"Free version worked FABULOUSLY until they dropped QBO integration"

What do you like best?

As a bookkeeper, I've been using the free version of Zoho Expense for about a year with multiple small nonprofit clients. It was so helpful in receipt capture and getting the information seamlessly exported to Quickbooks. I am very disappointed that they dropped that integration on the free version as the new price point doesn't work for my clients. Maybe they could offer it free to nonprofits through TechSoup.org?

What do you dislike?

That the integration with QBO was eliminated from the free version.

People are actually keeping track of receipts for credit and debit card purchases.

Zoho Expense review by Mara C.
Mara C.

"Very straightforward and user friendly"

What do you like best?

It is easy to tell what expenses have been processed and which not. There is a lot of personalization available and the reports are great to figure out where the money goes.

What do you dislike?

My business partner and I have to produce separate reports, even though we need just one for both. But we just produce separate reports in Excel and then merge the information in Excel.

We need to produce expense reports to present to our CPA for tax purposes. This is very helpful and we can photograph receipts on the go and edit later. We don't have to keep hundreds of little papers any more!!

Zoho Expense review by User

"Our experience with Zoho Expense product"

What do you like best?

The mobile application is wonderful. I can do everything easily on my phone with very little effort. It is intuitive and convenient. I hardly have a need to log on to the desktop application except for reporting and administrative functions for the organization.

What do you dislike?

While linking an expense to a report, if I have to create a new report, first I have to create the report and then come back and select it. It is a small inconvenience. Also, the delete function can probably be a bit better than it is today.

We are a small start up and needed a cost effective and easy to use expense reporting solution. We got a lot more than what we bargained for. We can use this tool not only for our US employees but also for our off-shore resources. It supports multiple currencies with currency conversion. This makes expense reporting very easy for us.

Zoho Expense review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Shows great promise but lacks polish"

What do you like best?

Ability to auto-scan receipts is very handy.

What do you dislike?

iOS and Android versions are completely different, making training and supporting users more complex. Android doesn't even have integral features like being able to edit the tax amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that iOS and Android versions are completely different in both looks and features and know that this will complicate supporting the product.

We are able to avoid mailing/couriering receipts back to head office. Team members are able to stay on top of their expenses rather than spending half a day entering them at the end of the month.

Zoho Expense review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"An excellent application in a great suite of tools"

What do you like best?

The smartscan functionality is by far the best feature. It makes the capture of receipts very easy.

What do you dislike?

No auto-reports at the end of each week (something that we had with Expensify). I would also like to see some smarter auto-categorisation when vendors are updated on reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is good and the website supports it really well. I would recommend it especially if you are looking at Zoho Invoice or Zoho Books.

It saves a significant amount of time for employees spread across different locations. It also saves time in terms of not having to type in all details of a receipt.

Zoho Expense review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Easy to use,. business ready expense software"

What do you like best?

The Web and mobile platforms are well written and clearly displayed. The auto-scan function is excellent and rarely fails to capture relevant information. This software is saving us a lot of admin. We are looking forward to Sage integration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i wish the speed of autoscan would be a bit quicker. It varies but the quicker this is done the better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration with Sage and potentially online banking to pay expenses directly.

Reduced paperwork in the office. With all sales reps expenses consolidated, processing is a lot easier.

Zoho Expense review by Willi Kristoffer d.
Willi Kristoffer d.

"Very efficient expense tracker!"

What do you like best?

This app works great for our monthly claims reimbursements. Easy tracking and approval process. I love how it can be accessed through different platforms (web, phone app) so it makes it very accessible for all users.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if I could mark all paid claims as "reimbursed", even when I have different currencies. I don't think it is available in our organization.

It removes all delays caused by manual filing and manual approvals, as well as the compilation of the reports.

Zoho Expense review by Abhijit Singh A.
Abhijit Singh A.

"Makes your life easier as an entrepreneur"

What do you like best?

I run an IT consultancy called Zindagi Technologies. My team travels all over the country meeting customers to provide solutions to their ICT problems. Before using Zoho Expense - everything was recorded in an excel file. It was a nightmare to keep track of expenses and reimbursements.

Zoho Expense has made life simple. All team members have the app installed on their phones where expense receipts are captured easily.

What do you dislike?

The ICICI bank integration is too flaky. It's not consistent. It's a pity coz otherwise this is a rock solid product.

It makes it easier to record and reimburse expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Gayan P.
Gayan P.

"Best on the market!"

What do you like best?

I tried a few different apps for tracking my expenses. I was looking for an app that would let me just take a picture of my receipt, and digitize it for me, including extracting the data from the image. Surprisingly none of the apps that promised this sort of functionality actually worked. Then I found Zoho Expense, and it works like magic.

What do you dislike?

Zoho's ecosystem is messy and confusing.

Keeping pictures of receipts and tracking expenses as I go, rather than waiting for the last minute.

Zoho Expense review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

"Nice tool for recording and reporting expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the combination of mobile app + cloud aspect of Zoho, where you can take quick photos of your expenses and and document them in PDF reports. Its reports are very useful to include in the official expense report of the company.

What do you dislike?

The receipt reports is a little buggy, with some receipts extrapolating it's allocated region covering other receipts. To fix this its usually necessary to change the report layout from 6 to 9 receipts per page or editing the photo and uploading it again. I would also like Office Lens or Cam Scanner capabilities of cropping the photos of the receipts automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect the expense report experience to be flawless. When taking pictures of receipts, do so with the free Office Lens from Microsoft and save it to the photo gallery. Include pictures from the gallery for the expense report, your receipts will look nicer on the report.

Expense reporting is one of the most time consuming activities with little added value for the company. I actually pay the monthly bill out of pocket to save time and grief doing expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by Neeraj B.
Neeraj B.

"Automate Expenses"

What do you like best?

I love the feature of scanning the receipts which almost accurately captures all the data & build the expense report for you. Integration with ICICI Bank means payments can be made by the app itself.

What do you dislike?

No integration with Uber/Ola, Oyo/Treebo, MakemyTrip/Yatra is something which I miss

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great third party integrations, automated receipt scanning and amazing administration & analytics

Bandwidth of the team towards expense filing has reduced by more than 70% and the integration with Zoho books means no additional reconciliation. Also, payment via integrated bank means huge time saving

Zoho Expense review by Angelica F.
Angelica F.

"Expense Organization that keeps you organized"

What do you like best?

I like the way tat I can use it on Apple and Android products. This allows me to keep my expenses accurate and precise. I like the way that the software is easy to access on any device at home, work or school. That makes it convenient and useful for everyday use while I work on the go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software has to be used with my work account for the business. I would like to use this for my personal use because I want my finances at home to be accurate and my accounts balanced. I need the organization at home because finances run my household and I need them clear and precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to its full advantage by downloading the software and using it on all platforms as much as necessary.

We have solved many of the finance problems our company has. This way most of our accounts are organized and settled properly.

"Streamlined our processes"

What do you like best?

Zoho is extremely user friendly, you can accomplish tasks several different ways. It is a quick and easy way to log expenses automatically into quick books. We have multiple users across many states and it has been a great addition to our reporting. It is helping us become more accurate and have quicker & better information.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little challenging getting individual users set up. However once done, it is great. Noticed on the mobile app that when you are uploading a lot of receipts at one time it will crash. Take your time and dont overload the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have several different users try it out. We found that different users had different difficulty understanding certain areas. it helps in training new users how to avoid pitfalls.

Much better accuracy in our expenses and much quicker turn around on reports.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Intuitive expense reporting"

What do you like best?

I like that zoho expense allows me to take pictures of all my receipts while traveling so I don’t have to keep all of the paper form receipts. It also scans the receipt and pre fills information it captures to make filling out expense reports faster. There is an easy to set up workflow for approvals within your organization and the interface is very simple, and easy to use. I also like that there are a few different methods for reporting mileage. You do not need to look up the mileage distance on your own because zoho is able to calculate that once you enter a go and from location. Overall this app is so easy and a breeze to help organize your companies expenses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the scan of a receipt does not populate the fields correctly so this feature is not perfect yet.

Organizing expenses, setting up rules and approvals in a convenient and easy to use app to keep our employees working on what matters.

Zoho Expense review by David A.
David A.

"Makes my life easy"

What do you like best?

Its cloud functionality makes it easy for me to access anywhere in the world, the ease of setup is also a lovely feature.

What do you dislike?

The analytics can be a bit confusing and the csv exports always include irrelevant columns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho Expense is SME friendly and very easy to set up. The last three months have been seamless for me and my team.

Zoho expense has helped me solve the problem of unapproved expenses and also the challenges of posting and reconciling petty cash.

Zoho Expense review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"A convenient way to record employee expenses, neatly tied in with Zoho Books"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Zoho Expenses is that it links seamlessly with Zoho Books, making banking reconciliations very easy. I also love the fact that expenses can be added in multiple currencies.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most user friendly expenses reporting platform, and employees often have to ask me how to do things. The need to create a report and to add expenses to the report seems like a slightly laborious process.

It's a much better method than the Excel-based expenses that we used to use, which was very time consuming for expenses in foreign currencies. It streamlines the expenses reporting process, encourages employees to file their expenses more promptly because it is convenient, and makes reconciliation of expenses easier.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in International Trade and Development
Administrator in International Trade and Development

"Zoho Expense Is Helping Me Realize My Location Independent Dream"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and intuitive the interface is. Especially as company using Google Work it's easy to integrate our workflow from there into Zoho Expense and then the ease of invoice clients is great.

What do you dislike?

Wish Admin could customize the roles more, for example I want my project manager to be able to add new users without them having other admin privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in sooner than later.

Speeding up & automating the way we track our project expenses and get reimbursed by clients. As our company takes on more projects it becomes a full time job to simply log expenses in a spreadsheet and bill clients for those expenses which causes cash flow issues and naturally we miss the occasional expense and ultimately lose money.

Zoho Expense review by David  R.
David R.

"Great system "

What do you like best?

Zoho Expenses has really helped get rid of paper based expenses claims and is so easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

You have the odd little thing that may not be how you normally do things but the good features more than make up for these little ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good system that is fairly easy to use and having the app on your phone is a massive help to me and my team

Time saving for the accounts team. Less paperwork flying about.

Zoho Expense review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Affordable and efficient expense reporting solution"

What do you like best?

The receipt auto-scan feature is a true selling point. Not only does it reduce entry time for the team, but it also helps catch duplicates.

What do you dislike?

That said, sometimes the auto-scan feature is slow.

Our team was trying to find an affordable solution to reduce the burden of filling out paper forms (which eventually ended up in the cloud anyway!) to request expense reimbursements and were lucky enough to find Zoho Expense. Since switching over to Zoho, thanks to the many ways of submitting receipts for auto-scan (forwarding from email, taking a picture with the app), team members have eliminated lost receipts and can complete their expense reports in half the time. Not only that, team members no longer have to worry where in the approval process their request is because they can track it real-time in their personal dashboards.

Zoho Expense review by Paul K.
Paul K.

"Zoho Expense is Easy to Manage"

What do you like best?

The implementation strategy of Zoho Expense is very easy. I also like this expense management system because of its accuracy. We manage or track expenses effectively using it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Zoho Expense makes my computer slow at times. However, when it is working at its best, it is the most reliable tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many good attributes that make Zoho Expense recommendable to others. For instance, the tool is easy to use and accurate. You should also consider it because it is affordable.

We avoid losses by managing our expenses professionally. Zoho Expense is the best tool because it has enabled us to achieve our goals.

Zoho Expense review by Karthik P.
Karthik P.

"Excellent must-use tool for a small business "

What do you like best?

I experimented with Zoho Expense management tool for our organization given we partners travel extensively for work and expense reporting is a major bottleneck. The initial one month of usage itself was enough convince my entire team to switch over to this from paper/pen. While we did have some initial hiiccups in terms of ability to seamlessly use the tool, I was able to provide my feedback on the product which was promptly implemented making the tool very user-friendly. I would recommend every small and medium organization to use this system a it is highly efficient, very easy to use, auditable and gives a great experience.

What do you dislike?

The app is still not great, but then with the introduction of OCR, there is no need for the app as everything can be simply emailed to the email id and all receipts will be auto scanned which is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do start off with a few users to ensure users are comfortable with the work-flow and then implement in large scale

We are trying to solve the issue of reporting expenses on time and ensuring reimbursements happen on time. With the expense tool, this has become very quick and auditable.

Zoho Expense review by Mustafa O.
Mustafa O.

"Strong Tool for Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

To be able to create reports for each sales/service case including applying advances. Simple and easy to use. Integration to zoho books enables to reflect cost into our books directly. Auto scan function is also saves significant time of the users.

What do you dislike?

It would have been nicer if there was an option to link the expense to a sales/service order in order to figure out the gross profit for each order similar to projects.

Mainly service team expense reporting and cost calculation.

Zoho Expense review by Mehmet .
Mehmet .

"Simple, practical and efficient !"

What do you like best?

Simple to understand and implement. Very practical way to collect all expenses from all employes. Reporting is also very effective for the accounting side. Very professional and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Could you put the approval segment on the dashboard directly ?

Recommendations to others considering the product

DonT lose time with paper and approval cycle manualy, move to Zoho.

Now we don't forget any expenses and the employe are able to track their reimboursement online. Less time more services with minimum effort.

Zoho Expense review by Bernard v.
Bernard v.

"Finally found our solution"

What do you like best?

We have tried every single expense reporting software on the market - and ZoHo Expense ended up being the winner. It was very easy to setup, and even easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The reporting generating is a bit flimsy

We needed a solution to keep track of receipts, invoices & claims from both within the office, and outside (drivers). Zoho Expense makes this very easy with automated receipt scanning & processing.

Zoho Expense review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent expense reporting with all the features of paid alternatives"

What do you like best?

- You can get a lot done with just the free community version

- Ability to add upto 3 users in an organisaion in the community version

- Other alternatives I looked at had a monthly fee but the features were more or less the same or lesser in comparison

- Very comprehensive reporting options

- System stability, elegant design and workflow

- Simple to use even for a novice

- Quickbooks integration

- Starter package for upto 10 users is $ 15 a month with additional users being $ 2 / month

What do you dislike?

- Requires internet connectivity which might not be available all the time when you are travelling

- Receipt scanning is not that great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their community (Free) version to get a first-hand assessment. I had signed up for a paid alternative only to find out that many of the advertised features didn't really work efficiently in practice.

We needed an inexpensive expense reporting tool. Most other apps in the same category limit the available features without which they are not useful (eg., limit on number of expenses or similar restrictions). Zoho expense provided an inexpensive, feature rich interface that was simple and user-friendly and yet had an extensive list of customisation options. We eventually switched to the enterprise version.

Zoho Expense review by Bethany J.
Bethany J.

"Excellent Expense Reporting System"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to get users setup and working. The website is very intuitive and requires little to no training for new users. This is a great improvement over the prior system that we used.

What do you dislike?

While I have found the reporting to be sufficient, I think this is an area where some improvement time could be invested. It would be great to be able to query the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider allowing/advertising to your staff regarding the app. It makes expense reporting very easy for those on the go and employees will report expenses timely.

It allows us to make expense reporting a quick and easy process to submit and have approved. We have benefited from quicker submissions of expenses which allows for better expense recognition.

Zoho Expense review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fantastic tool to work with."

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense is definitely a game changer compared to the bigger and branded systems out in the market. Great Application.Users are happy. Customisation is seamless. Good expense tracking system. Nice app.

What do you dislike?

Travel Module which by default comes with the Expense Management has lot of work that need to done before benching marking themselves against industry leaders like SAP (Concur)/Oracle Suite etc. Default reports under analytics are not up to the mark. Need improvement and better equip with customer requirements. Every customer has different way to analyse the data and with their available applications in Zoho, the default reports are not sufficient enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho has been changing the landscape of how the application function compared to big and branded systems in the market and with it's easy customisation available within the application and a better support team to guide and resolve the issues 24x7 which are out of our scope definitely helps. There are updates on a monthly basis which is notified on time. Ready to use application out of the box. Bit of a learning curve initially but all will get a hang of how the system works and modify as per our requirements.

Submission,Tracking and Advance request and mapping the expenses against project/multiple project and users has better visibility on their claims raised and management has a better view of how the expenditures are turning out and helping them to better equip with a budget going forward.

Learning about Zoho Expense?

* We monitor all Zoho Expense reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.