3.8

Kalo is a freelancer management platform that empowers the world’s most creative companies to manage and scale their freelance workforce.

Work for Kalo?

Learning about Kalo?

Compare Kalo to Similar Solutions

Kalo Reviews

Ask Kalo a Question
Showing 80 Kalo reviews
Kalo review by Stacy T.
Stacy T.

"Kalo is the Perfect Tool for Managing Freelancers and Payments"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to navigate. It's not overly complicated, and freelancers tell us all the time how easy it is. I really don't have a lot of negative things to say about Kalo. Everyone has really good things to say about Kalo.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things change with the layout in Kalo, like they're doing updates or changes. And we don't get notifications of that. But it's still easy to figure out. It's also very intuitive for our freelancers and contractors to use. They tell us how easy it is to set up, and this really matters. We haven't had any issues with people who can't figure it out. It's been a solution to save our company time and money, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to make payments and have a better process for managing their workflow. I've used many other systems in this job and other jobs, and it's definitely the best one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's low risk and low cost.

We now save money because Kalo has low overhead. And it helps keep us organized and on track. Things take seconds in Kalo, so I love the simplicity.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kalo
Kalo review by Monchette G.
Monchette G.

"Saves hours of tedious weekly work"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign tasks, track progress, generate invoices, and pay freelancers seamlessly in Kalo has saved me hours of work every week. I appreciate how much easier it is to onboard new freelancers with their onboarding templates, especially with the Adobe Sign integration. Overall very happy with the product; it's well worth the cost for the time and hassle it saves.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate the ability to create a project designed to accept pitches from writers to streamline our editorial process even further. I also wish it were easier to mark a default task rate for freelancers, but these are small concerns in the grand scheme of how much of a time-saver Kalo is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Docusign/Adobe Sign integration to "level up" your Kalo experience. Really streamlines the onboarding process even more for new freelancers.

I manage a team of over 20 freelance writers and an editor to produce 300+ articles for my company's blog each year. Kalo has replaced the very manual process of assigning articles via email and tracking them via spreadsheet.

What Freelance Management Platforms solution do you use?

Kalo review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Kalo conveniently centralizes my assignment and invoicing process."

What do you like best?

I like the user-intuitive interface, as well as how Kalo serves as a central hub for task management. A huge plus is the accessible support staff. I've always been impressed with how courteous and helpful people can be when I have a question or a difficult issue regarding a payment or a technical bug.

What do you dislike?

The different design iterations, though subtle, can introduce quirks and throw off an established routine, but not such that adjustment is difficult or protracted. Platform organization can sometimes be difficult to track as well. I like consistency, personally.

It has helped me ensure that my writers and producers are paid promptly after completing a project, which keeps them happy and productive. It has also enabled me to easily track production budgets against executed projects in a given span of time.

Kalo review by Nicole L.
Nicole L.

"Kalo Has Made Freelance Management A Breeze"

What do you like best?

I like that I can assign tasks, view progress, and pay freelancers all in one place. It saves a lot of time that would be spent simply tracking projects. I particularly like that I get email notifications when a freelancer has changed the status of a task.

What do you dislike?

One issue that I have with Kalo is that it's not possible to complete a task assigned by another project manager. I would also very much like to see a desktop app so that we could receive real-time notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Kalo will 100% simplify your freelance management, especially if you're currently dealing with a ton of Google docs and email! The ability to track not only what tasks have or haven't been completed in a project, but which ones have been paid, is so helpful. Freelancers often complain of having a hard time getting payments from their employers, but Kalo has made this a non-issue for us.

We've streamlined the assignment and payment processes. Kalo has saved us countless hours of work.

Kalo review by Caitlin Y.
Caitlin Y.

"Easy and quick with helpful staff"

What do you like best?

Once the freelancer is in the system it runs extremely smoothly. The support staff are also very responsive and helpful and I have received a lot of good feedback from my freelancers who have been paid through the system.

What do you dislike?

Many freelancers like being paid through paypal in my industry so convincing them to be paid through bank transfer can be tough. The on-boarding process can also be hard if the freelancer does not have things like a relevant tax form.

We are solving the rate at which we are able to release funds to our freelancers as Kalo has made this much faster than if we were to process payment through our accounting department.

Kalo review by Talia S.
Talia S.

"Editor in chief"

What do you like best?

I like the seeming simplicity of the workflow once it all gets setup, however I never got to test in practice, because ultimately we never finished setting it up. Casey was also great about showing us how to navigate Kalo and was always available for questions

What do you dislike?

We were told that we would be able to pay our freelancers through Kalo. After signing up and being told that it was not only possible, but ideal, to pay invoices through Kalo, we were told that Kalo pay does not exist. Before learning this I would say that setting up the initial onboarding was very non-intuitive.

There are also a limited number of ways for billing. You can charge hourly or by the task, which does cover most situations. However I have people who get paid by the world and there was no way for them to bill. We ended up developing a less than satisfying work around where we redefined "word" as "hour" and had to have an addendum that contractors signed that clarified this fact. We then set the "hourly" rate at the word rate. I feel like this would have gotten very complicated going forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd hesitate to recommend Kalo. The fact that they quit offering one of the services we were promised and encouraged to use was very discouraging.

We were trying to consolidate our budgeting, billing, contracts, and freelancer tasks. If this had worked, it would have been great, but midway through setting this all up, we were told that Kalo could no longer do payments. In conjunction with how counter-intuitive the user interface is and various other little issues, it just didn't seem worth. We are going to look for another product that can actually do all the things that Kalo claimed they could.

Kalo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Kalo makes freelancer management hassle-free"

What do you like best?

Kalo makes it so much easier to store our freelancer information and even helps with the payouts so it's one less thing we have to do. We can log each freelancer's specialty, assign tasks, etc all within the program. For onboarding, we can have the freelancers review terms & conditions, sign contracts, and more so we have all the necessary paperwork on our end. Kalo also helps with end-of-year tax documents. It handled the communication with freelancers for the appropriate forms and income levels so we didn't have to.

What do you dislike?

We have to keep funding our "wallet" which is way less convenient than we originally were pitched. It needs refilling all the time which is a strain on our accounting team and can delay payments to our freelancers. We also can't pay out whenever we want since we're using this method - the wallet pays freelancers at certain intervals and they aren't as flexible as we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a better feel for your payment structure in the program, but otherwise, it was a seamless transition! We're so glad we have it for freelancer management/article assignments etc.

We used to have complicated spreadsheets tracking contact information, payment schedules, freelancer rates etc. That's all gone now thanks to Kalo. Things are much more organized. Plus, everything is accessible to our management team, finance department, and other employees that require access.

"Finance Review "

What do you like best?

Onboarding new freelancers are very user-friendly and convenient. Kalo has everything needed in one place and all the information I need is on one screen. The profile is a great view of the freelancers and all the information I need is right there from onboarding templates to financial information as well as location and other information.

What do you dislike?

Kalo can be glitchy at times. There are very attentive with their support and workarounds however, if there ais something that should be working and it is not it might take product a few days to develop a solution. However, customer support is very helpful at times and if there are product issues they try to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Working with freelancers is challenging however, Kalo makes it a breeze. It has all the information my company needs to effectively communicate with our freelancers. Setting task for freelancers is easy to set up and if done correctly, it does work very well. Invoices are automatically generated when a task is marked complete so a finance team does not have to check approval and thus eliminates times and improves efficiency.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Ease and convenience for managing freelancers"

What do you like best?

Kalo makes organizing our freelancers, storing their information, creating their invoices, and paying them a breeze. They've been able to customize everything to meet our specific needs as an international company, which has made a big difference in the way we work with our freelance team.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, communication has been slightly difficult; while the Kalo team is very responsive, it has felt, at times, that due to how busy they must be, that they don't fully read the emails we have sent, and therefore, don't respond accordingly.

We needed a platform to manage our freelancers with; we needed help with our invoicing process, and Kalo has been amazing in streamlining this process for us. It's great to have everything in one place and to be able to do everything from start to finish in a single platform.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Paying Freelancers Made Easy"

What do you like best?

This has eliminated much of the middle man work (approvals, emails, back-and-forth between departments) that we used to experience when processing payments. Very tedious work that opened us up to mistakes and missed payments. Much of that has disappeared. The work comes in, I approve, money is sent out. It's a lovely process that keeps me from having to track down missing invoices and unpaid balances. The support team was very patient with us too. We had a lot of questions, and doubts, if I'm being totally honest. However, they took the time to explain everything to us.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used this product long enough to find any glaring dislikes. The initial set up has taken some time, and there was a little bit of a learning curve when first implementing the product. However, that was easily overcome after spending some time with the dashboard. Our support team has been very helpful too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't confidently make any recommendations. However, if you're considering making the switch, it's worth the try.

We're paying our freelancers quickly and on time. The main issue with a freelancer is keeping them engaged with a steady stream of work and ensuring that their payments arrive on time. Kalo has greatly improved their work experience, and by extension, mine as well.

Kalo review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"Kalo flow. "

What do you like best?

Easy for the requesters; fast payment for the freelancers. risk-mitigating and efficient electronically templatized signing of contracts.

What do you dislike?

The Docusign API integration requires client admin to manually share and administer template updates in the Docusign integration. Suggestion might be empower Kalo to receive new templates and Kalo updates the templates in Docusign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make as much use of the templates in the task flow and that the tasks and templates are as specific as possible to the particular team's needs. So that the only Docusigned document is the master agreement.

Legal team resource efficiency. Using Kalo has helped our legal team scale for efficiency by not having to manually or individually process each freelancer agreement.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Increased functionality is great, working out kinks"

What do you like best?

Kalo is great if you're looking to fully project manage and invoice within the same platform. Fairly user-friendly and adaptable to your needs. For our purposes, there are a lot of bells and whistles but I can see for a larger institution with many arms, it would expand to fit your needs well. Great customer service and support, the team is very professional, friendly, and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the extra functionality is not as thought through and requires some tweaking to get right (i.e. surfacing important info at the outset, navigating between freelancer profile to invoice to task in a clean and seamless way, toggling approval process, etc.) Kalo is constantly updating and looking for feedback, though, and it feels like a collaborative process.

Freelancers can have greater transparency and see where they're at in the pay process, they can easily track their invoiced and paid work, and they can go directly to Kalo with any tech issues. Instead of the work being done on the office end for onboarding, Kalo cuts a lot of that out (though still requires careful setup) and makes it more streamlined on our and the freelancer's end.

Kalo review by Danielle B.
Danielle B.

"Great but still some kinks to iron out"

What do you like best?

I like that Kalo makes it easy for me to onboard freelancers and track my budgets for my projects. Overall I'm very happy with the service.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my freelancers have had issues onboarding or getting paid in the system and it ends up being a bit of a headache on both sides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its a great service overall! Would love to a more intuitive interface and an email update when changes are made in process.

Contracting freelancers for video production. Overall its been helpful in this way.

Kalo review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Excellent customer success manager"

What do you like best?

The support and will of the team to help us adapt the platform as much as possible to the needs of our business. How it will help us improve our relationship with our freelancers. All the efficiency we will gain by transferring our freelancer management to an automated tool. The huge leap in transparency and control of our freelancers and the work they do at any time.

What do you dislike?

The limitations it sometimes shows in terms of functionality, user experience (our freelancers are starting to test it and see a lot of limitations in terms of their capacity to sell themselves). We have a complex freelancer/company world and we hope we will be able to make adjustments down the line to improve the limitations it has. Very much US oriented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're coming from a manual process, this tool is an amazing improvement. Beware of some limitations you will run into, however, they are very supportive and open to help find ways around these limitations.

Improved efficiency when hiring freelancers, increase of transparency on who is doing what, where, with who, for how much and until when. Due diligence and compliance. Global standardization of information.

Kalo review by Agency
Agency

"Kalo has the right pieces in place, but it could use more"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see my contractor and freelance pool in an overview. It does a good job of tracking attributes, but this could be better. It helps onboard (administratively) and view availability dates, but this could be better.

What do you dislike?

It's not the best solution for signing documents in onboarding—there are premium integrations that both require a service that is only offered at Enterprise level. I would look for systems that are a little more open for signing documents. Also the form building experience is also a little disjointed. I also wish it had integration with other systems like JIRA and Harvest, which we use to work on and estimate tasks in projects and track time, respectively.

Trying to solve the challenge of onboarding many people as freelancers without a person to manually do all the tasks associated with getting them onboard. Signing agreements, getting and assigning accounts, documenting their attributes, and seeing their rates have all been great solves for us, and we hope we and Kalo can take it further.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Great for our small business"

What do you like best?

Kalo makes it easy to track our growing list of freelancers and their individual skillsets. It's all online so we can access it whenever/wherever and continue running our business.

What do you dislike?

I wish we didn't have to fund the Kalo Wallet every time we wanted to pay on demand. We hit a certain threshold that makes the funding a little more difficult than we were led to believe.

We were struggling to maintain an accurate list of our contacts. Managing a large spreadsheet with rates, specialties, past/current/future assignments, etc. was a pain. And it restricted access that our management, legal, and finance teams needed. Kalo makes it easy and provides additional benefits/fields we didn't even know we needed.

Kalo review by Lindsey G.
Lindsey G.

"Producer"

What do you like best?

It streamlines freelance payments by project and tasks. I appreciate how it is organized and how I can track things very easily.

What do you dislike?

If you make a mistake, it feels confusing and hard to backtrack or delete tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely! For any production or business owner, I think this software is amazing.

I'm looking to pay freelancers, extras, talents, etc. It is helpful because I've been able to build a long list of freelancers and can easily go back to see what projects I hired them fore, and what their rates were.

Kalo review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Kalo review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the look of the platform and how intuitive it is. The platform itself is very clean looking and easy to use, from both an administrative view and as a user. I've also work with the support team several times and they have always been quick to answer any questions that I or any users have and they are always extremely helpful!

What do you dislike?

There is very little differentiation between pages; they all tend to look the same and often it can be hard to keep track whether you've actually changed pages or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an extremely easy to use platform and is very easy for companies to keep track of freelance work. It is intuitive and user friendly and the support team is excellent!

N/A

Kalo review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"Best platforms for freelancers and clients combined"

What do you like best?

Before using Kalo, our office was dealing with a conglomerate of Google Sheets, Paypal, extraneous documentation, and another client platform. Now we're more organized than ever. Our freelancers are happy, and most importantly, so is our editorial AND finance teams.

What do you dislike?

We wish that there were more options for reporting that were included with the software.

Financial recording! Along with having all of our contributors in one place with all of their information.

Kalo review by Trevor M.
Trevor M.

"Simple and fast way to pay contractors"

What do you like best?

I love that Kalo is so easy to use. It's easy to get new contractors onboarded, as well as assign them work and get them paid. Saves me a lot of headaches!

What do you dislike?

I've gotten use to it now, I'm not sure why the icons are not labeled. For a while it was difficult to navigate the site.

It is made assigning work to contractors such an easier process, that I am getting to spend my time on more urgent (and enjoyable) tasks.

Kalo review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Kalo organized and streamlined our freelancer management"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to use and we could customize our ecosystem to fit our organization's needs. The star reviews are incredibly helpful so we know who to hire based on their competencies and past project performance. We went from the stone age in terms of our freelancer management to having transparency and a super straightforward system at our fingertips.

What do you dislike?

The hardest part is ensuring that team members utilize the reviews. It's easy to slip back into old habits of asking colleagues for recommendations (or sending emails) instead of using the system. But overall we've had pretty solid adoption.

Ability to easily identify the best candidates for freelance positions by easily searching for hard-to-find skill sets, assess how they have performed on previous projects within our organization, and understand their availability. We've gone from spending hours identifying people (often poor fits for the role), to spending just a few minutes in Kalo. Moreover, we don't hire poorly performing freelancers anymore, thanks to the reviews. That saves us thousands of dollars each year.

"Kalo is great"

What do you like best?

Kalo is a great platform as it is attractive, quick to load (click response is fast) despite holding so much information it never slows down! The little emoji faces are cool too, their different personalities helps visually to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

While Kalo is pretty, a lot of the pages within Kalo look the exact same. What this means is that sometimes it is hard to pick up where I left off, if I leave my computer for a few minutes in the middle of a task. However this is only a slight issue and more of an aesthetic thing.

Personally, it is so efficient that it makes my work more simple.

Kalo review by User

"Affordable Platform That's Still Working Out Some Issues"

What do you like best?

Invoicing freelancers is easy and well-organized. I also enjoy using their project management system to assign and track tasks.

What do you dislike?

There are many aspects, like account funding and payments, that are completely disjointed from the platform. They need a better way to integrate account funding on the front-end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you constantly keep in touch with reps to get an accurate overview of your account activity if you are using Kalo to pay your freelancers.

Maintaining a database of all of our freelancer projects and invoices has been a lifesaver for us. Before Kalo, we relied on email to get the job done.

Kalo review by User in Internet

"Super easy to use platform and easy to set up, it integrates with AdobeSign which is a huge plus."

What do you like best?

User experience - Kalo is super easy to use, our hiring managers love. Clear instructions on how to onboard a freelancer, feedback was incredibly positive from them and the freelancers after rollout.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything we dislike. We integrate Kalo today with our resource management tool and we would like to see a more deep integration there so we can compare freelance resource available versus full time resource.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is the perfect integration for so many of our business needs. I would recommend for businesses of all sizes. Like I previously said, the user experience is really what sets this product apart from others. Because the product is so easy to use, we're able to use it very wildly within the company. The clear instructions and feedback from freelancers were incredibly positive and we plan to continue using the product!

The biggest bonus is the reporting feature, it's loved by everyone from our Head of Marketing to CFO as we can now provide a consolidated dashboard showing freelancer spend by budget, cost code, business unit. All the areas we had no visibility over today. Also the tax feature saved our Finance team in Q4 last year as Kalo handled all 1099 submissions to the IRS.

Kalo review by User

"Easy way to keep freelancers organized"

What do you like best?

I like that Kalo takes our invoices out of spreadsheets and puts them in one place. It's easy to create invoices for freelancers instead of having them send their own. I can pay them by story instead of on a monthly basis.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the automated feedback box that pops up after I complete a task. I want to be done as fast as possible, and not every single task requires feedback.

As an editor, I don't have to worry if my freelancers are late to invoice-- I control how and when stories are billed.

Kalo review by Katy B.
Katy B.

"Easy experience"

What do you like best?

Onboarding is fast and easy, and once a freelancer onboards, I can create an invoice and pay them immediately.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints. There are more fields than I need, but I can avoid filling them out.

Freelancers don't have to send invoices (in varying formats that can be hard to read). Everything is transparent and freelancer can track payment.

Kalo review by Jon M.
Jon M.

"Kalo for managing freelance writers"

What do you like best?

That Kalo automates payment.

That Kalo allows me to easily see who is currently working on something, and who is free.

That Kalo allows me to see who has been paid.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UX is confusing--would like to be able to search by name and task from the same screen.

Kalo has vastly simplified my freelance payment process, freeing many man hours of work that would otherwise be taken up with payroll.

Kalo review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Bad experience for markets outside US"

What do you like best?

Flow of approvals for freelancers. Easier payments

What do you dislike?

In order to add a freelancer in Kalo, there are lots of oblogatory information to fill that is only available for US freelancers. There should be a way to be more fluid and add information related to local markets. It is very difficult to add a new non-US freelancer in Kalo.

It is easier to make a payment, and faster as well.

Kalo review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"Kalo helped us a lot "

What do you like best?

Its great to give people around the organization the ability to seamlessly engage freelancers, with all of the important documentation in one place

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are issues with the system, but Kalo support is usually quick to help address them

Managing a vast freelance workforce across multiple different teams and departments within our organization

Kalo review by Caroline L.
Caroline L.

"Kalo has made managing assignments so much easier"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Kalo makes it to create assignments, assign a person and a due date. It's definitely improved my workflow!

What do you dislike?

There are a few weird glitches in the software. For example, sometimes after approving a task, the option to submit the invoice does not come up. I also wish it were possible to create one invoice per person at the end of the month instead of having each task have separate invoices.

It's much easier than email to communicate with the people I work with.

Kalo review by User in Design
User in Design

"Very efficient and a useful tool to see all our freelancers in one place"

What do you like best?

The availability feature, the individual profile element images that everyone has, the message board function. I also like the rating element and seeing how has completed our onboarding process. The interface is lovely and a pleasure to look at every day.

What do you dislike?

That you're aren't notified if a message has been sent to you. A colleague has to tell you that they've sent you a message which is annoying (unless I'm doing it wrong). The review feature is always having errors which are equally annoying. The project manager seems to have all the rights opposed to me.

The efficiency of the network building. All our freelancers are in one place and we can start to see the skill sets we have available to us.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Great tool and great customer service"

What do you like best?

I like how reliable this service is. Anytime I have had a question I got an answer or a solution in less than 24 hours.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of required steps that should be optional when starting a new task. I also don't like the the the amount of steps you have to go through to pay an invoice. It would be great if we can pay freelancers faster. Same day option would be ideal, even for a fee.

We pay some of our freelancers and it helps me to keep track of payments and submission dates.

Kalo review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"A great system for the non tech person"

What do you like best?

I use the system a couple of times a year so I’m not so familiar with the interface. The system is very intuitive that I can find what I need easily to accomplish what I need.

What do you dislike?

When I’m trying to reorient myself with the system, I wish there were better notes in the help section.

I enjoy the ease to keep track of hours per project and that there is a budget I can set but more importantly, that I can amend.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Great service and customer support"

What do you like best?

The team at Kalo was extremely helpful and got me set up quickly. They replied to all my inquiries within hours and solved all my issues within a day. They were also a great help to get freelancers set up quickly.

What do you dislike?

I find the new interface slightly confusing. It's harder to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend if processing payment is a struggle in your company

Our company payment process became extremely complicated. Using Kalo allowed me to pay my freelancers quickly and effortlessly. This help to salvage many relationships and saved us a lot of time.

Kalo review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Smooth project and freelance management"

What do you like best?

After managing freelancers in a rather laborious way, Kalo seems a top efficiency tool. Both freelancers and project managers have full control of the relationship, while us the staffing team still keep control where it matters.

What do you dislike?

From a technical perspective, there are still some glitches with certain functionality seems to have room for improvement e.g. flexibility to have a different currency by task and some search glitches. Can be slow at times.

Freelance management transparency, efficiency in project staffing, GDPR compliance.

Kalo review by Jamaal J.
Jamaal J.

"Great management tool for contractors "

What do you like best?

I like the sites ability to easily search out contractors

What do you dislike?

I don't like that in order to give a contractor a rating, that i have to assign a project to them

We use this as a tool to onboard and manage contractors. It is easy to locate files for accounting that we need to submit with invoices as well as contact contractors based on location that we are looking for them in at the time.

"Steadily improving"

What do you like best?

Kalo's design and layout are clean like mobile but eminently usable on desktop. It's entirely possible to find exactly what you need without getting lost in options you'll never use

What do you dislike?

...assuming what you need exists. Kalo still lacks some features for ease of use, along the lines of templating and fast key/mouse form fill

I love how easy it is to see a freelancer's work history in completion

Kalo review by User in Computer Software

"Kalo is a pretty good way to track freelancers"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly and easily assign projects, get updates on when they're complete and send/receive attachments all in an organized way

What do you dislike?

I would love more project management features and automation. For example, sending the same type of task (rate, title, etc.) to the same asignee several times per week could be more automatic and less manual with better templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a learning curve but it is better than simply emailing

We have numerous freelancers working on various projects simultaneously so it's definitely streamlined a zillion into emails into one place in a way that's organized and easy to navigate

Kalo review by Kimberley M.
Kimberley M.

"Kalo takes the guesswork out of the working relationship"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to assign a task and follow through on it until invoicing.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about Kalo.

Assigning writers to writing assignments. Assigning designers to illustrations. And following through on payment.

"Use Kalo at work"

What do you like best?

I like how the interface is easy to navigate, and allows freelancers to fill out their own profiles.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to properly group the network into the correct categories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have a platform in place, and you are currently balancing a large network of freelancers, I highly suggest selecting Kalo. It always your company, and your freelancers to keep as much up to date information as possible for ease of future engagements.

We utilize a lot of different partners at work, and Kalo allows us to keep our network up to date.

Kalo review by Eshita S.
Eshita S.

"So very helpful!I've recommended Kalo to everyone I know."

What do you like best?

It really helps to organize your list of freelancers, ongoing projects with them and just maintain tabs overall!

What do you dislike?

Haven't found any so far - maybe I rely too much on Kalo to save all the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start ASAPp!!!

Working with multiple designers is so much more easier - It saves time and energy on being up to date.

Kalo review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for candidates to submit their expenses and invoices to get paid on time. This is really helpful for the company.

What do you dislike?

The sign-up process isn't very easy. It sometimes takes the candidates 1-3 weeks just to sign up because of issues concerning their regions not being displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

The ease of being paid on time and submitting their expenses and invoices

Kalo review by Drew W.
Drew W.

"Such a great resource!"

What do you like best?

It's been great having all of our contractors in one, easy to use interface. Being able to onboard and track tasks in one place has been huge!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some integration with other programs like asana, slack, etc.

We're able to track our projects, budgets, and deadlines with all of our contractors.

Kalo review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Evoke Review"

What do you like best?

I like being able to click on people's portfolio or linkedin links easily. As well as contact info easily available.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we need their email address to add them and also don't like that the profile gets locked from additional editing if someone updates their profile.

Freelance database and feedback hosting.

Kalo review by User

"Recommend with qualifications "

What do you like best?

The very legible and spacious profiles help when I am trying to identify the right contractor.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding new users is a pain; there are too many steps involved in writing reviews of each contractor.

We needed a user-friendly database with room to grow. Kalo has made searching our stable of contractors much more efficient.

Kalo review by User

"I've used Kalo as a contractor and employee. It's user-friendly and intuitive. Great platform!"

What do you like best?

I think it's searching abilities are fantastic. I can search by project/contractor, etc. if I'm on the employee end. As a contractor, it's easy to navigate to find what I need, or who to ask if I'm lost.

What do you dislike?

As a contractor, I had trouble finding projects for if I needed to take action on something/status of things. I think I figured it out, but maybe prompts could be more obvious.

It's just an easy way to keep track of people, projects, availability and a go-to resource for team help.

Kalo review by User

"Kalo Is Great for Managing Freelancers "

What do you like best?

I love the sorting functions on Kalo. It makes it easy to search for specific assignments very easily.

What do you dislike?

I wish the onboarding process was smoother and easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Easy to use.

It's a very effective way of managing freelance assignments and seeing how much budget we have left for the quarter.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Kalo makes the freelancer-writer relationship easier"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating assignments and the seamless execution of invoices for both editor and writer.

What do you dislike?

The rating system as a component for teams who don't need it. Could be opt in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start the process of integrating invoices early.

Streamlining the freelancer process. Onboarding and assignment documentation is confined to one space. No need to interact with payroll.

"Kalo Review"

What do you like best?

The platform for freelance/project management would really help in large organizations with lots of work freelance work.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of time to get set up in the Kalo platform and it's not completely intuitive for a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Kalo team is very helpful and more than willing reach out to provide demos and training/assistance. Strongly recommend reaching out to learn more about their platform.

Kalo helps us solve freelance scheduling, payments, and management and takes all of the into one, central, organized place.

Kalo review by Administrator

"Nice UI, not very flexible"

What do you like best?

The organization of contractors is nice and a good UI.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much flexibility, if you don't organize and pay your contractors like Kalo has it set up, you can't do much about it.

Payment of contractors in one place. It is easy to navigate and understand.

Learn more about Kalo

Kalo Videos

Learning about Kalo?

* We monitor all Kalo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Kalo to Similar Solutions