Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Reviews & Product Details

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Overview

What is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom?

Photoshop Lightroom provides a comprehensive set of digital photography tools, from powerfully simple one-click adjustments to cutting-edge advanced controls.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Details

$11,171
@Adobe
25,182 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Reviews

Showing 2,356 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom reviews
Showing 2,356 reviews
Already have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom?
Photographer and Founder
What do you like best?

The new Lightroom has three color toning palettes that feature the ability to pass the mouse over them to create a mixture of color toning and enhancement. I've been using these ever since instead of the separate color toners in Photoshop. It's easier, not that that should matter, but I quite enjoy watching the colors mix in much quicker and able to play around and try different color moods. And the new Photoshop contains some great built in video tutorials for those still learning new things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike at the moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've always began my photo editing with Lightroom and then finishing up in Photoshop. The new Lightroom has now expanded features that may have been only exclusive to Photoshop so I'm doing more in Lightroom now. I've always preferred creating black and whites in Lightroom, I find the final product are richer and more captivating. Other than that, I love working with both one after the other, and that is a great benefit to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager, Sponsorships & Partnerships
What do you like best?

The best part of lightroom is it gives a variety of tools to the users, so the user has overall control over the images they are editing. They also have a bunch of new features that are added over time to improve the software and make it much beneficial for the user.

I would recommend this software to anyone who are interested in photography or visual field to improve the aesthetics of the images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about lightroom is they make it complicated over time for the user to search for the user.

I would suggest adobe to make the User Experience easier.

Me being a long-time user won't face much of an issue.

But for new comers, it would be a bit confusing in the initial stages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a new user, you would find it a bit confusing, but overtime you will understand that the software is capable of giving you the best results if you know how to use the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- It has made retouching of photos much easier.

- It gives a variety of tools for the user.

- I've realized that photo editing software like lightroom has made photo editing much easier which helps in improving the visual experience for the end user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Staff Geologist
What do you like best?

I love the selection tool where you can edit lighting and color of just one area of the photo -- selected as a circle or drawn area. I also love that you can edit individual colors on the photo for saturation, hue, and brightness. Both of these features make it easy to edit photos to look very professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For some reason on my desktop computer it is tricky and time-consuming to upload new photos. They load extremely slowly. And then when I'm ready to export, they only export to my "recent" file folder, and I am not able to select the export destination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a powerful tool that can make your photos look very professional, but you definitely need to take the time up front to learn about the different features. There is definitely a learning curve. There are some helpful tutorials you can access from the home screen that are worth doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My photos look much more professional as compared to other photo editing programs I have used. I think the primary reason is how easy it is to edit lighting differently in different areas of the photo. I can also make my own presets which is fun to try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it is a toning/editing software as well as as database. It's catalog has been essential to my workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It hogs so much computing power. If you are a professional, and have large catalogs, it can really bog down. It isn't as fast as Photo Mechanic, nor as good at DNG processing or RAW processing (for some files) as Capture One (nor does it tether as well as Capture One), but is a truly all-around photo solution. By building the catalog, it has to manage it, and that takes processing power. It is both its strength and its Achilles Heel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The online forums for LR are quite good. If you want to organize your catalog, and create a good DAM system, I suggest using LR along with another DAM software. When going mobile, make new catalogs for each job and import back at your office. For more guidance, I can't recommend Peter Krogh's DAM Useful books. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LR allow me to edit and export almost any assignment. This includes batch processing, batch renaming, and batch color correcting photographs. I keyword images, set copyright, and choose all of the metadata I want in the photographs. Then, upon export, those metadata are carried with the photographs anywhere. Personally, I export straight to PhotoShelter, which produces a plugin for LR for just this purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly Lightroom is. I've been using it now for a few months and have installed some presets that make it super easy to use. I would say I am still a beginner, but I was able to figure Lightroom out really quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still have a lot to learn as to what all lightroom can do which is a bit overwhelming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download some presets. I paid a company to send me their presets that I uploaded into Lightroom and I use ALL THE TIME. They are seriously the best. Why reinvent the wheel when someone has already created presets that are perfect!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have installed presets so that I am able to quickly edit my photos for Instagram and Facebook posts and stories. It has been super easy to use and I love how my photos have turned out. I now have an IG page where all my photos give a nice light & airy look to the page. I would HIGHLY recommend Adobe Lightroom to anyone who wants to quickly edit their photos to look amazing. It truly is amazing what a little change in lighting does to a photo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Lightroom is a great tool for people who have to deal with a lot of photos. It's great for managing content and editing photos. I am over our social media channels and I use lightroom daily to edit and manage many of our photo assets and it saves so much time. It's a lot easier to learn than some of the other adobe creative suite, and especially easier than photoshop, which is nice if you don't need to make any substantial changes to the images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I understand that lightroom is more for editing photos and not the same as photoshop, but sometimes I have to open photoshop to do something really simple that i wish i could do in lightroom, like add a logo or a clone stamp. If you can do it in lightroom then I'm not aware. It would be helpful to be able to add a logo or do very simple things but then it maybe would basically be the same as photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn about all the different things it could do, make sure you're not spending too much time doing something that could be done a lot more effectively! There are so many tutorials and youtube videos on how to do certain things or shortcuts so use all that to your advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lightroom helps me edit pictures in bulk which is helpful because it's extremely tedious to have to edit every single picture, especially when they are so similar. Lightroom also makes it easy to find exactly what I'm looking for without having to look through tons of folders for one picture. Lightroom is a lot easier to learn than photoshop and also it doesnt mess with the original file, which is nice. It's way better to manage pictures than the photos app on a mac or whatever PCs use to organize photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a wedding photographer, I enjoy the versatility, the intuitive controls and it's the best way to find my real style using colour presets and effects. I can even create and save my own presets with Lightroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

First of all, the price.

Second, the file sizes: whenever I export a photo, it will be huge as file, it could be a way to minimise the file size without loosing quality of image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just the best photo editing software. I highly recommend it to every photographer. It makes our life easier.

Lightroom is perfect for most photo editing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to find a style and have an identity in my work using Lightroom, it really makes you stand out from the crowd if you stick up with a style that best describes you as an artist.

It helps me being faster with my photo editing and deliver my work in very shot period of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

I am a professional maternity and newborn photographer. And I wear LR every day. It is part of my workflow. Once I take the photos, I copy the photos to my desktop and then to LR. There I select the best ones and do a quick edition of the colors and lights. Then those that require a stronger edition, because I export to PS and then I go back to LR to verify that the photo is good and then I export it to send it to the client. LR allows me to put Keyword and edit the metada of my photos. Now with the mobile version, I can edit the photo on the iPad and continue editing that photo on the Mac. I think 90% of today's photographers use LR. For me it is an essential tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would say that as of today, they have two desktop versions, the classic version that is the one I use and the CC version that I use only to synchronize with the Ipad. I hope that in the future they will be able to synchronize everything in a single app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a photographer, you must use LR. It helps you classify, edit and export photos in minutes, you can create albums and more. It is a super tool for every photographer. Imagine making an edit to a photo and then copying those settings and applying them in seconds to the other photos, you can even create presets of those settings to use them in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me a lot in classifying my photos, now I have time to add the logo since it does it automatically when I export my photos and so now I go photo by photo putting the logo on it. Just like I can make basic edits to many photos at the same time, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Lightroom is that you can literally just slide toggles to edit your photos. It can't get any easier than this! You can see the changes live as you move the sliders which allows you to quickly adjust accordingly. For basic editing (exposure, colors, effects, etc), I prefer Lightroom to other editing software because anyone, including a beginner, will be able to make beautiful images with no problem. There isn't a steep learning curve like you'll find with so many other editing products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom doesn't have nearly as many tools as some other editing software, so it's possible that you'll start editing in LIghtroom and then realize you need Photoshop. (Although this can also be a positive, since it's simplified.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial. When you see how easy LIghtroom is to use and how great the quality is, you may want to sign up for an Adobe Creative Cloud Plan which will give you access to even more great software. Have fun playing with the edits and effects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For basic edits to photos, Lightroom is quick and simple! Want to adjust the color? Exposure? Add some neat effects? You literally just have to move the sliders. Even after several years of using other editing software, it can be complicated to make certain adjustments. I was blown away by how easy Lightroom has made this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Product Manager
What do you like best?

I like that Lightroom is user-friendly in its simplicity, yet incredibly powerful given its capabilities. Whether you're a novice or seasoned photo editor, Lightroom has a fairly simple learning curve—and once you progress beyond the initial learning period, there's so much to explore. One of my favorite features is the ability to easily copy and paste edits to multiple images. I also like that the mobile version is similarly easy-to-use and powerful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's sometimes hard to navigate my directories and organize the images I'm editing. Sometimes I'm not even sure which directory I'm in and whether I'm editing the right subset of images because the file navigator is rather small and difficult to read. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend playing around with simple photos before tackling your personal/work projects. There are so many seemingly overwhelming features, but once you get the hang of them with some straightforward photos, it's much more doable to tackle your real work. I'd also recommend organizing your files before even opening the app, as the file navigator in the app is not particularly easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving photo editing and consistency problems. Lightroom makes it incredibly easy to not only copy/paste edits, but also compare images side-by-side so I can create a cohesive look with my images. I'm also solving on-the-go editing issues with the mobile app version. I've realized that a lot of the benefits of Lightroom lie in its ability to create a professional look for my photos with only a few shorts steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I’ve worked in Lightroom for over 5 years and love how in depth it goes for color correction without having to mess with complications like layers and all that comes with that. Being able to store and sort catalogs of photos within the software is amazing for any photographer who has frequent shoots and needs to keep their selections and edits organized. This would definitely be my go-to recommendation for any serious photographer who does large quantities of color correction! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like all Adobe products, it can be difficult to navigate at first. However, after becoming familiar with the layout I am able to edit at lightning speeds now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the free trial and mess around with it! Tons of photographers offer free or for sale presets to begin your color correction journey. Eventually begin editing photos by going down the develop panel and save your custom presets! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to share standard presets with others in my company has solved a lot of issues for us, as well as the smart preview feature which allows us to have multiple people review and tweak edits before finalizing them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Functionality is great. You can easily send and receive filters to other people, which is perfect for those who do not have much experience. I can share the filters that I create with others. Easy to use for beginners or advanced users. It's the more user friendly alternative to photoshop in my opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not observed anything negative about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Small price to pay for the power it gives you when editing your photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

That I can customize filters. That is huge for me because in other editing softwares you are unable to adjust in the same way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

C-Level Executive Assistant
What do you like best?

Lightroom is an excellent program for organizations who have many photos to deal with. It is great for contents management and photo editing. I use lightroom every day to edit, manage and save so much time on so many of thei picture assets. I use social media channels. That's a lot easy to learn, especially more than photoshop, than some of the other adobe conference room. That's nice if you're not using to make significant changes in the image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

But I sometimes need to open the photoshop to make something even more easy that I want to be able to do in the light room, like adding a symbol or a carbon copy mark. I am not aware that you can do this in the lightroom. It would be beneficial to put a logo or do some very easy tasks, but perhaps basically it would be the same thing as photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn all the things differently you could do, don't spend too long conducting something far more efficiently! There are many other videos and tutorials about how to do some stuff or to use it all for your benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lightroom allows us all edit images in bulk, which again is useful since every image must be edited very tediously, especially since they're so analogous. Lightroom often makes finding immediately clear what I've been going to look for easily without having to look for a single picture in tons of folders. Lightroom is much easier unlike photoshop and also doesn't mess with the nice original file. It's better to manage images than to organize pictures on the a mac or any PCs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Lightroom offers powerful functionality in processing raw data. The ability to fine tune shots is unparalleled. I am a particular fan of the noise reduction capabilities, and the split toning feature that allows for easily adjusting white balance and creating unique color palettes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the updates make the user interface more clunky or challenging to use. I feel the workflow could be improved by simplifying the interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is by far the most powerful and easiest to use photo processing app on the market today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Lightroom to salvage photos that would otherwise be unusable. I also use it to fine tune shots that are largely sound out of camera, and to apply a consistent visual style across all

images in a set or shoot. Overall, it’s a vital and essential tool in curating the visual brand of my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can see the whole album of images in one view as well as copy and paste effects from one photograph to another. It is also very simple to use and very user friendly with all the features I seek. Its very slick and streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first I disliked how different it look compared to all other Adobe programs, but love it now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to learn a new set of tools and locations as it is nothing like other Adobe programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to quickly edit a large quantity of images in RAW or JPG easily and in one place. I love being able to copy my effects from one to another photo this makes processing thousands of photos super easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How the app makes my photos look so professional . There are so many settings and options to choose from when in Adobe Light Room Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not really a downside to it however, I think the app could give more tutorials as to how to get picture to look a certain way. There is really nothing else i dislike about the app. It has been a game changer for me. I do have to search out other ways to learn to use additional features such as Youtube. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to complete the tutorials to help navigate the app. It can be a little difficult to remember where certain settings are so I would suggest perhaps adding a feature where users are able to put certain settings in a "favorite" folder once they have found the settings and features that work or them best.

I would suggest also for the app to perhaps partner with influencer and include little mini clips within the app so the user can have the full experience and know exactly what are the best features for the user if they are also an influencer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to enhance the quality of my photos. I love how it has many settings for lighting because I cant always get the best lighting in my apartment. With Adobe light room I am able to get more professional and quality looking photos just by playing around with the settings and the features. I am an aspiring macro influence and so its really vital for my photos to look great in order for organizations to want to partner with me and sponsor my content. I am solving the issue of not having blotchy looking photos. I also am able to have a cohesive look on my social media platform because of Adobe Light Room. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Learning and Organizational Development Specialist
What do you like best?

I love that I can integrate my phots all in one library and switch easily from editing on my phone to my desktop. Lightroom has a bit of a learning curve, but if using presets- it's easy to learn how each adjustment can effect the overall look of the photo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be nice to have an export option that shows the photos at a bigger scale when selecting which ones to import. If this feature doesn't already exist, it would be nice to see a larger version of each photo I'm exporting because sometimes I edit a photo but I don't want to add it to a client's library. It would also be nice to publish to a photo library host such as Pixieset rather than having to save to my computer then adding them to an online host. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Photoshop Lightroom has allowed me to edit photos at a faster pace with better results for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about Lightroom is the ability to download and add presets for my personal photos. It makes editing quick and easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are several applications that vary from photo to photo so sometimes I feel like to do not receive a standard edit. That could be due to my photos, it is hard to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of great resources to support the use of Lightroom. I have watched several tutorials to be better acquainted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to make my pictures more professional. Lightroom enhances what I was unable to do before I started using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love being able to create pre-sets and easily copy them to all my photos. It makes editing so much easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lightroom is hard to download on my laptop as my Macbook does not meet the system requirements for the newest version. I have to use the outdated version because of this. It also takes up a lot of storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this software for all your photo editing needs! It meets all of my expectations and allows me to make my Instagram photos look cohesive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adobe Lightroom allows me to edit photo